Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU)
Old Forum Content for BTUMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Justhanging48: $BTU doing well
- DAN: Adding Peabody Energy ($BTU) to the Active Trade List. Basis: $29.45 Stop: $22.83 (This is a VERY loose stop. Set your own stop where you want. This is a suggested maximum stop, assuming a small position size.) --Dan For a complete list of all Active Trades, click here: https://stockmarketmentor.com/active-trades-list/
- debeers: $BTU-Up because it isn't merging with Coronado Global.
- debeers: $AMAT/$BA/$BTU/$CRK/$EMR/$HSY/$MTDR $AMAT/$BTU-breaking off the discussions to merge probably bodes well/ $BA finally got a bid at 140ish/ $CRK if its in Frisco Texas actively working, $EMR nice fit with a part of the economy that should work, $HSY i think this is a great staple and on a dip, i add a skosh, $MTDR might not have to watch its back all the time with the next Congress
- 1993dean: @DAN $SPY $DIA $UNH $MDY $IWM $QQQ $T2108 $T2107 $WBA $JPM $SGML $LLY $TBT $TNX $XLE $BTU $HAL $APA $HES $LNG $BITO $DVAX $METC $CEIX $AMR $ARCH $ARLP
- Justhanging48: $BTU great earnings yesterday and a big move on 2 days of large volume
- Justhanging48: Not a bad week, actually made some money. Have a great weekend all. Long $R, $CPRX, $CVS and $BTU
$BTU -- Coal stock with a high base that is tightening. Watch this as it approaches $30. Alert $29.00
$HAL -- Aggressive only.
$APA -- C&H forming. This really needs more time before a move could be sustained.
$HES -- Look at weekly. Bands ...
Watch some of the Oil stocks as well as some of them come into some ket moving averages. $BTU Had good earnings by the looks of it, so some of the energy based commodities could work here.
We should expect Fed speakers to come out for and against ...
- Margi1983: $BTU, $ARCH The coal trade has been sliding down for 1 week now. Pullback or is the trade over?
$BTU - Alert at $30
$STNG -- Pretty extended. Be careful here
$TNK - Holding the 50-day MA
- bb_b: $BTU holding 8EMA going for resistance at it's high today again.
- bwcarnation1: #Coal stocks working ie $ARCH $BTU $CEIX $ARLP
I’m currently holding positions in $FSLR, $MAXN, $BTU and $DV. These are all small and manageable for the current market conditions. I’ll be watching for some potential buys on $SSO and $QLD today. I’m also watching the moves in Go ...
- scottrades: Moving a stop up on $BTU to LOD
- scottrades: Stopped on the last of my $BTU. Sorry for the late post was in the OMM webinar..
- scottrades: $BTU Trying to Gap and Hold. ZeroHedge suggesting on Twitter it's at risk of a short squeeze. Might be worth watching.
- scottrades: @scottrades $BTU I'm buying a bit at 26 for a potential momentum trade. 2% Stop.
- scottrades: @scottrades $BTU In at 26.05. Small here.
- vcondry: @scottrades $BTU piggy backed needed some bulls to offset my shorts.
- scottrades: @vcondry $BTU Need those WSB Apes to get on board...lol
- vcondry: @scottrades $BTU APE help APE ! yes we need those fools *ahem* savvy investors to jump on in!
- scottrades: @vcondry $BTU LOL!
- scottrades: @Mikev200 I have some feelers in $MAXN $FSLR and $BTU
- Mikev200: @scottrades $MAXN $FSLR $BTU Nice, I got me a couple $MAXN too
- Eng_trader: @scottrades #Bitcoin As much as days like today suck, does bring some clarity. My $APA, $BTU, and $DV are flat/green at the moment. Compared to $QQQ which is still at LOD. $RIOT seems to be trying to recover
- scottrades: @Eng_trader $APA $BTU $DV $QQQ $RIOT #Bitcoin Yea, there are things to do, for short term traders. The overnight holds are the killer...lol
- Eng_trader: $BTU breaking out of the downward sloping trendline
- vitoB: @Eng_trader $BTU nice catch and trade
- Robert1965: $BTU Anyone buying this one in small at 20.75
- bb_b: $BTU holding above 50MA
- traderbren: $BTU - nice reversal this morning. BTO the Oct 23 calls for $3.50 given the nat gas news out of Europe.
- majida_perveen: @Scottrades coal stocks are on fire. Does any of them look actionable? $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX These all look a bit extended at the moment.
- majida_perveen: @scottrades $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX How about $METC or $HCC close to 8EMA, do they look actionable?
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX $METC $HCC Ask @Dan in the live webinar!
- Auto: $BTU added walking upper BB long
- Auto: @Auto $BTU daily
- majida_perveen: @scottrades thoughts on $VLO & $BTU?
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $VLO $BTU I think VLO looks a bit extended right now. Much like $DVN, if you're buying here, you want to see it hold the gap up. I think BTU has had a nice move on good volume. You'd want to be small here for a buy because it's late into the move and have a wide 11% stop. I'd consider @Dan's earlier idea of $CLR with a 4% stop.
- woodman: #Coal stocks breaking out above some resistance areas or taking a run at them this morning. $AMR (I'm in this one) $HCC $BTU $ARCH (continuing a run off the bottom). Some others are continuing a longer term upward path. $ARLP $HNRG $CEIX
- manoli77: Wild Swings in coal stock $BTU.....up 9%, then down 9% now 1% up and just breaking above 50 SMA
- scottrades: @manoli77 $BTU Crazy whipsaw!
- Docoof: #Coal Coal companies cranking today: $BTU $ARCH $ARLP $CEIX (NPs)
- Docoof: #Coal Coal stocks ripping: $BTU $AR $ARLP $ARCH.
- Cjauger: $BTU holding the 50
- Cjauger: $RRC, $DQ trading less, I find that I get shaken out of too many stocks. Taking a step back and letting them wiggle. I was shaken out of $XOM at $88 and now it is at $104. Was also shaken out of $BTU last week
- woodman: #Coal - Some coal stocks that are interesting. As @scottrades mentioned about $ARCH, it could be good here if it holds ~149. Need a protective stop just in case. Others of interest: $BTU consolidating at the 50d/bounce off 20w. $HCC similar but just below the 50d, moving back up through 20w. $AMR $CEIX $ARLP are in an uptrend, but not moving wildly which makes them more palatable (to me anyway). $HNRG breakout out.
- champ: @1993dean $HAL $OVV..... $BTU
- Cjauger: $BTU breaking above pívot
- bilipi: $BTU what was the criticism of this chart ( scratching my chin ) .... 27.52 is the 61.8% retracement for the next pivot and resistance level to watch . Sometimes we play the cards we're dealt ... ( don't look up , don't look down ... caution on what you listen to ... F I L T E R ) ...
- PhilHarmonic: @bilipi $BTU The 20dma moved below the 50dma?
- bilipi: @PhilHarmonic $BTU The 20SMAd did cross under the 50 and then flattened out at the fib 50% . .. it was a daily " turn " in champ terms . I hear this stuff myself so I comment on my reaction to it . We don't object to movement in the chart , that's how we make money , as long as we can effectively manage it though support and resistance . hello , Phil
- mperveen2012: @scottrades What do you think abt $BTU
- scottrades: @mperveen2012 $BTU Hard to buy something up 4 Days in a row in this market. I think you'd just want to see it hold above the 50 Day.
- champ: @scottrades $BTU .....all new Entries are #running-away....either buy and Trail and then hopefully add-on and Trail....on all new positions.......NP....... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.... it's your #SWING-RISK that will either keep you in or chase you out of your positions . When we identify individual levels of support and resistance within the daily charts they become like stepping stones . We've done this somewhat successfull ...
- Cjauger: $BTU strong into the close, above the 50 day. Higher than average volume
- Cjauger: @bilipi $BTU added at a bit at the close
- bilipi: @Cjauger $BTU I'm in there with you . I'm following Scott and the others that are swinging their #SWINGRISK for the night . Tomorrow we're on .... I think its set for action .
- bilipi: $GRIN opening in the green ... watch support ... the setup was submitted previously ... $BTU Rejection at the 50 but there are buyers so watch for the reversal
- bilipi: $BTU ... 1MIN ... massive candles ... watching for volume markers ... there they are !
- bilipi: $BTU is taking the pivot ... best of luck !
- Cjauger: @bilipi $BTU going
- bilipi: @Cjauger $BTU ... we got it again ! ( smile ) ... dodging and a weaving !
- Cjauger: @bilipi $BTU lets see if it holds up beyond the opening rotation
- bilipi: @Cjauger $BTU ... First BUMP ! ... ( as coined by The McGregor ! )
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Trying to find a floor $QQQ Looking for a trend change $UUP Coming into the 50 Day zone $GLD Slowly creeping up $TLT Watch the underside of the 50 Day $XOP Check out the slope $OIH Above the 50 Day $ARKK Not ready yet $GBTC New Crypto framework gets submitted June 7th $AR No complaints $SU Working $XOM Trending $CVE Same $SHEL Also good. $DVN Flag $MRO Watch 28.75 $COP Working $SD Working $ARLP Black Gold $AMR Inside Day $BTU Back above the 50 Day $CEIX Going sideways $PBT Stagger stops $SBLK Earnings tonight $EGLE Above the slope $GOGL Stagger stops $ZIM Above the 50 Day
bilipi: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $UUP $GLD $TLT $XOP $OIH $ARKK $GBTC $AR $SU $XOM $CVE $SHEL $DVN $MRO $COP $SD $ARLP $AMR $BTU $CEIX $PBT $SBLK $EGLE $GOGL $ZIM ...
... Swooshes , Spikes and Swings ( oh my ! ) .... scary stuff !
For anyone watching , Scott ...
- bilipi: $BTU HOD was a pivot anchored back to 03.04 ~ 25 . This has some room to move when it takes out 25 ....
- bilipi: $BTU is moving
- bilipi: $BTU Daily setup in motion
- bilipi: $BTU .... this is now a long daily base ( check the definitions ! ) . Averages are not stacked . .... I'm in and watching what now looks a lot more like a Scott - worthy pattern . Pre setups can be make or break because we're extremely sensitive to SWING risk ... that's the boogie man DAN was just talking about . We want swooshes , spikes and swings .... the short stuff and then we get out or get small for the reset .
- bilipi: $BTU Volume spikes 1MIN . Its actually riding above the upper BB on the 1 MIN ... a Nantucket Sleigh-ride ..
- bilipi: $BTU volume spikes on the GREENS .. its not done yet but there's a 1MIN fade ... lightening
- bilipi: $BTU DAN " you can't buy this now " ... he should have been here this morning .. you realllllllly missed it ! Of course I am teasing BUT .... DAN did discuss his emotional risk tolerance and its extremely important to understand that in your own style .
- bilipi: $BTU ... not a prediction but watch the underside of the 50SMAd to get out or reset ... this could go as it takes out previous swing highs ... in view
- bilipi: $BTU speed bumps ... fasten your belts
bilipi: $BTU In Wright ( Gillette ) Wyoming is across the street from $ARCH . Its a 2 lane county road with no shoulders , no lights ... antelope and sheep everywhere ...
..these are pit mines so picture immense holes in the ground you drive down into . Pic ...
- jdee: @bilipi $BTU $ARCH "slicker than an okra sandwich"?
- bilipi: @jdee $BTU $ARCH ... that's good .. a good laugh just at the right moment ( smile FORUM ... think positive .. we are optimists ! ) SOME OF US !
- bilipi: $BTU ... we're coming into partial zones ... adjust your own risk , monitor your gains and start making some decisions ... what is your plan SWINGER ? .... do you intend to SWING any portion of your present risk ? ....
- bilipi: $BTU wants to go more .... I'm getting a target chart ready if and for when those levels come into view ... don't let your dough slip away but we are going for the target level 50SMAd ... batten down the hatches !
- bilipi: $BTU ... you earned it , you made the trade ... now don't let it slip away . Fuscia segment is ~ 50SMAd but verify on daily chart . 10MIN view ....
- bilipi: $BTU chart study #swingsters ... 10MIN high handle breaking to the upside ...
- BocaRick: @bilipi $BTU #swingsters and a dead stop at the 50MA
- bilipi: $BTU 1Min chart and signing off on $BTU ... ( don't get coal in your stocking ! )
- Cjauger: @bilipi $BTU #swingsters me like it
- bilipi: @Cjauger $BTU #swingsters WE like it even better ... its an honor and a pleasure to trade with you . Will
- Babutters: @bilipi $BTU #swingsters a move above 24.51 on volume and we could see it test 27.25. NP. Good move on 50% daily vol.
- bilipi: @Babutters $BTU #swingsters check ! 10 - 4
- bilipi: @Babutters $BTU #swingsters Looking at this chart ... any pullback will largely depend on the overall market tape . It could provide a good cheat entry in the pocket actually either way the market goes but a failure in a bad tape will rock that daily ...
- bilipi: $BTU ... I sent this setup out yesterday ... ( its here somewhere ! ) ... it just took out the 50% FIB .. its moving , watch the pivots .
- bilipi: $BTU ... interesting pivot set in test , watching for a reversal . Intraday downtrend within a daily uptrend ... swing marker
- bilipi: $BTU 1MIN reversal ... watching
- bilipi: $BTU adding in ... short chart
- bilipi: $BTU Volume spikes 1MIN ... check your stops and pick your intraday chart . Have fun ....
- bilipi: $BTU I'll limit posting on this from here : A view of the DAILY setup , my humble offering to the FORUM . Clearly we have some wood to chop as we go through these pivots . Which moving average as S1 is in control RHRN ( ? )
- bilipi: $BTU
Peabody Energy Corporation is involved in mining. It mines, prepares, and sells thermal coal to electric utilities and metallurgical coal to industrial customers.Request Video of BTU
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $149.86 19.80%
- $148.01 6.71%
- $22.31 3.37%
- $9.07 -2.61%
- $27.76 -0.25%
- $16.28 0.00%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 90,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (90,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!