Arch Resources Inc. Class A (NYSE:ARCH)
Old Forum Content for ARCHMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- 1993dean: @DAN $SPY $DIA $UNH $MDY $IWM $QQQ $T2108 $T2107 $WBA $JPM $SGML $LLY $TBT $TNX $XLE $BTU $HAL $APA $HES $LNG $BITO $DVAX $METC $CEIX $AMR $ARCH $ARLP
$ARCH -- Nothing here. Too sloppy.
$ARLP -- Pinching.
- Margi1983: $BTU, $ARCH The coal trade has been sliding down for 1 week now. Pullback or is the trade over?
- bwcarnation1: #Coal stocks working ie $ARCH $BTU $CEIX $ARLP
- Roadrunner: $ARCH so far over the major MA's today
- debeers: @natural-have $ARCH/$LULU/$TSLA/$ULTA-$TSLA cars made here qualify for the tax break as do used Teslas. No one is giving up on cosmetics and $ULTA takes the lead here IMO. Hopefully $AAPL will fall by sometime Wednesday at which point, $DKNG add. NP in $AAPL.....Anyway, that's the plan. Manchin was guaranteed a pass by this administration for the coal industry for his critical vote and i don't believe any new sanctions will fall on this sector.
- majida_perveen: @Scottrades coal stocks are on fire. Does any of them look actionable? $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX These all look a bit extended at the moment.
- majida_perveen: @scottrades $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX How about $METC or $HCC close to 8EMA, do they look actionable?
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX $METC $HCC Ask @Dan in the live webinar!
- woodman: #Coal - $ARLP has moved up through the top of its lengthy rising channel. Highest high since late 2016 (testing that old resistance level now, but that was a long time ago). $AMR nice pop to a recent high on a path to test its all time high in May/June. $ARCH similarly. $HNRG similarly and has been on a clear uptrend with 50d support (though sometimes mess/large pullbacks to the 50d). $CEIX continues to make higher highs.
- debeers: $AR/$ARCH/$MTDR/$PXD/$VLO/$TSLA/low is the way to go for $BJ-LONGS-if you don't have any $BJ wait till about 73 or so that's where i think you are ok.
- debeers: $AR is up 3.11% today and its a nice little company. BUT if you can only fit 1 lump of coal in your stocking it should be $ARCH. Not only will $ARCH go up faster into the commodity cycle, but 162 is just the beginning. i am not the only fundie girl who has modeled 196. Even the very conservative Thompson Reuters shows a 196 and the folks who spend too much time at the bar go even higher.LONG
- debeers: $AAPL/$ARCH/$CF/$NTR/$PXD/even $HSY up while $TPR reporting tomorrow morning is down 20 cents.LONGS all IMO- i "shoes" to be in $TPR because i think the earnings are "in the bag!"LONG Girls just want to have fun and party! And dress up! The really neat thing is if you iut on a few COVID pounds in most cases your shoes still fit and your handbag always does. Edit-$HSY now down 19 cents.of course the stock is over 230 dollars..............................
- debeers: @woodman $NTR $MOS $CF #AgInputs #Ferts #Agricultural -How in the heck do you suppose China is going to feed their people???They are without the fert stocks they need. Heck we don't even have to have a fertile imagination to bet on the ferts and nice to see the charts agreeing with the fundies. by the way didja really think $ARCH was gonna take a back seat to anyone???
- woodman: #Coal stocks breaking out above some resistance areas or taking a run at them this morning. $AMR (I'm in this one) $HCC $BTU $ARCH (continuing a run off the bottom). Some others are continuing a longer term upward path. $ARLP $HNRG $CEIX
- debeers: $ARCH,$HSY,$PAG$RH,$TECK$TPR/$ULTA-LONGS ALL Is $TPR "in the bag?" We find out Thursday morning. i think that you want to "shoes" this one.
- debeers: $AR vs$ARCH-Pleasae understand---i am not saying $AR isn't good--i am saying $ARCH is twice as good. Just imo
- debeers: $ARCH-Why do you think that coal is up and oil is down? This was Manchin's deal first and foremost -Baby its coal outside as i said last week. Over and above that, there is a shortage of this commodity and unlike oil, no crazy rig expansion. Europe ois going to freeze its butt off this winter because we are due for another cold one if the Almanac is right. LONG ARCH-The price of a crucial vote---there is is.
- debeers: $ARCH-Turns out that FMR LLC just bought 1,950,273 shares of ARCH representing 10.493% of all of the shares which has a profit margin of 29.76% with 95.7% institutionally owned. Interesting turn of events when you WANT Santa to leave coal in your stocking, huh?
- debeers: $ARCH-Baby its coal outside !! My bet is that the government lays off Manchin's workers even while trying to convert them to more acceptable energy.
- Carpe_Diem: @debeers $ARCH - A real head scratcher for sure.
- Docoof: @debeers $ARCH Also, this coal-hearted b*****d hit a 5-year high today: $ARLP.
- Docoof: #Coal Coal companies cranking today: $BTU $ARCH $ARLP $CEIX (NPs)
- Docoof: #Coal Coal stocks ripping: $BTU $AR $ARLP $ARCH.
- scottrades: $ARCH trying to hold above the 50 Day MA. Wish the hourly volume was higher.
- scottrades: @scottrades $ARCH Another coal stock $HCC also trying to get above the 50 Day MA
- Eng_trader: @scottrades $ARCH $HCC https://www.marketwatch.com/story/germany-to-restart-coal-plants-11655721425
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Low Volume but closed near the highs $QQQ Low Volume bounce. $UUP Holding the 8EMA $TNX Holding the 8EMA $XLE under the 50 Day $XLP Needs a higher high $DBC Holding the 50 $TAN Still in a longer term downtrend $KWEB Working but it’s China. $ARKK Double Bottom Bounce, fighting upstream $BITI New Short Bitcoin ETF. $AMZN Tight with it, swimming upstream $NIO Working but it’s China. $NVDA Running into supply $AAPL Up but choppy $TWTR Small reversal base, MAs above $MSFT Above the 8EMA but not a clean pattern $ARCH Off the 50 Day but low volume $HCC Wild ride $CEIX Working $TWI Above the MAs $BMY Back above the 50 Day $JKS China Solar $DQ Monster Move $RUN Down $SEDG Unable to get above the 200 Day
- 1993dean: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $UUP $TNX $XLE $XLP $DBC $TAN $KWEB $ARKK $BITI $AMZN $NIO $NVDA $AAPL $TWTR $MSFT $ARCH $HCC $CEIX $TWI $BMY $JKS $DQ $RUN $SEDG $RBA take a look thank you
- wanda1616: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $UUP $TNX $XLE $XLP $DBC $TAN $KWEB $ARKK $BITI $AMZN $NIO $NVDA $AAPL $TWTR $MSFT $ARCH $HCC $CEIX $TWI $BMY $JKS $DQ $RUN $SEDG also check out $FUTU
- hawk327: @DAN $SPY $DIA $QQQ $FFTY $XLE $XOP $OIH $APA $ARCH $CEIX $AMR $METC $EGY $VET $VTNR Long time member here. Thank you, really enjoy the "extra commentary". Really appreciate the honest analysis. Please do more. Being a veteran, what those guys use to say, you're never going to offend me and if you some how do I'll get over it. Have been in cash, including long term retirement accounts since @SPY dropped below 50 dma in Jan. Great work from you and your team.
- Gmo: @DAN $SPY $DIA $QQQ $FFTY $XLE $XOP $OIH $APA $ARCH $CEIX $AMR $METC $EGY $VET $VTNR Completely agree with your comments! Rant on!
$ARCH -- Keep tracking this. It’s forming a good base. Still forming..so still watch. Alert $172
$CEIX -- Holding at the 50-day MA. Alert $47.60
$AMR -- watch this. Might become something.
$METC -- Good base forming. 7 months.
$EGY -- Wat ...
- Doug1: @DAN $SPY $DIA $QQQ $FFTY $XLE $XOP $OIH $APA $ARCH $CEIX $AMR $METC $EGY $VET $VTNR I don't see the video. Hopefully it is just late in getting posted! Thanks
- gmj: @DAN $SPY $DIA $QQQ $FFTY $XLE $XOP $OIH $APA $ARCH $CEIX $AMR $METC $EGY $VET $VTNR Also, unable to find video, aware you were having problems earlier, trust all is well
- Susan: @DAN $SPY $DIA $QQQ $FFTY $XLE $XOP $OIH $APA $ARCH $CEIX $AMR $METC $EGY $VET $VTNR I want not only the last 28 minutes but the first 28! Is there an issue with my computer or is it our web site?
- Bert953: $ARCH $HCC rocketed up yesterday, but falling back to earth today.
$ARCH -- We're up just a bit on this stock. It's still in a trading range and again...I don't want to stick around in a stock that's treading water. I'd rather have the cash.
$XOM -- In at $88.33. I'm raising the stop up to $99 bucks to protect pro ...
$ARCH -- We're up just a bit on this stock. It's still in a trading range and again...I don't want to stick around in a stock that's treading water. I'd rather have the cash.
$XOM -- In at $88.33. I'm raising the stop up to $99 bucks to protect p ...
- teacher5: $ARCH Boom! Nice move!
- Mikev200: $ARCH @Dan, you called it!...thinking take off list , it'll go. :)
- ssoha20: @teacher5 $ARCH now when to book the profits is the question as the market is so choppy hardly any gains are able to sustain.
- Pokersmith: @ssoha20 $ARCH You can ALWAYS sell a slice or tranche into strength. nothing wrong with that
- jwk567: $ARCH Very strong today. Dan, any thoughts? Thank you.
- ssoha20: @Pokersmith $ARCH yes thank you i sold 50% now holding rest 50%
- teacher5: @Pokersmith $ARCH thank. I sold 40%. Holding some to see what happens.
$ARCH -- Finally, this lazy dog moves. Basis is 166.32, so we're at a profit now. New stop at 162.00.
$GOGL -- Raising the stop to 14.40 to lock in more gains.
$XOM - You might raise the stop on part of your position...but I'm just keeping mine at ...
- DAN: @Mikev200 $ARCH Toldjah! LOL
- manrodmar10: Sold $ARCH yesterday. It seems that if I want a stock to go up, all I have to do is sell it.
- MmaxX: @DAN $MPC $ARCH $GOGL $XOM $APA $EGLE $DQ thanks for this, the video link is not working for me though.
$ARCH Coal stocks getting a boost
$AMR Daily Trend is ok
$NOC New High
$AIR Mentioned in the forum
$RTX At the 50 Day
$LMT Pick up in volume.
$STLD Flag at the 50 Day
$TMST Breaking out
- DAN: My Notes: SS 060322 FiF: Here’s the latest on $TSLA $SPY -- Very uncertain market participants. Nobody has strong conviction. Volume is low…and it will get even lower. $QQQ -- still in steep decline. $XLE -- Only good news that I see. $TAN -- $DQ was the right stock to buy…so far. $TSLA -- Failed at $800. High volume selloff today. Triple the $QQQ decline. Active Trades: $MPC - 92.74 - 78.23 - 2022-05-03 - 95.20 $ARCH - 166.32 - 141.82 - 2022-05-11 - 147.50 $GOGL - 13.32 - 13.23 - 2022-05-03 - 13.90 $XOM - 88.33 - 87.86 - 2022-05-03 - 91.00 $APA - 42.95 - 42.63 - 2022-05-06 - 44.80 $EGLE - 69.75 - 67.61 - 2022-05-20 - 63.65 $DQ - 54.25 - 53.91 - 2022-06-02 - 49.90 Solar: $TAN -- Still working. $DQ -- up the most today. It was the right stock to buy
- ssoha20: why there is pessimism about market ? I can see the stocks are doing pretty well stocks like $FB , $TSLA, $MQ , $ARCH and I'm holding all.
- ssoha20: @ssoha20 $FB $TSLA $MQ $ARCH Also recently i started adding $TASK
- mperveen2012: @scottrades $ARCH seem to have reversed, is buyable now? Was stopped out yesterday
- scottrades: @mperveen2012 $ARCH This is not a pattern I tend to buy. I prefer to have my stocks above all the Key MAs.
$ARCH - 166.32 - 141.82 - 2022-05-11 - 147.50 Holding support at 50dma
$GOGL - 13.32 - 13.23 - 2022-05-03 - 13.90 Holding the pennant
$XOM - 88.33 - 87.86 - 2022-05-03 - 91.00 Tightening
$APA - 42.95 - 42.63 - 2022-05-06 - 44.80 HOlding extended ...
- ssoha20: @ProfMike1 $ARCH Holding patiently till it regains my buy price which is 167$
- woodman: #Coal - Some coal stocks that are interesting. As @scottrades mentioned about $ARCH, it could be good here if it holds ~149. Need a protective stop just in case. Others of interest: $BTU consolidating at the 50d/bounce off 20w. $HCC similar but just below the 50d, moving back up through 20w. $AMR $CEIX $ARLP are in an uptrend, but not moving wildly which makes them more palatable (to me anyway). $HNRG breakout out.
- Rick_O: $ARCH: Could this be a good buying point for $ARCH for a day-ish trade or would it be gambling with the overall market still downtrend? Thank you
- Rick_O: @ssoha20 $ARCH Thanks @ssoha20. Bought a little with LOD today stop and a little. Like you said, bouncing around so figured good for very short term. Thanks!
- ssoha20: @Rick_O $ARCH it is not breaking out always in a range . its 50-50 that it will bounce as it did bounce many a times before
- mperveen2012: @scottrades $ARCH is down significantly again today. Should I just wait for Dan’s stop?
- ManSim: @mperveen2012 $ARCH same question. I think the stop is $147.5.
- maracom: @mperveen2012 $ARCH @Dan said in the webinar he's going to close it down
- Mikev200: @ManSim $ARCH IF your not in the webinar, Dan suggesting to close this trade.
- ssoha20: @maracom $ARCH looking for some bounce to close
- mperveen2012: @scottrades $ARCH is down significantly again today. What do you think about it?
- vcondry: @mperveen2012 $ARCH Dan said to close it out in the webinar.
- ProfMike1: @vcondry $ARCH What was his reasoning?
- vcondry: @ProfMike1 $ARCH sorry you'll have to see if @scottrades will chime in...i would just butcher the answer.
- scottrades: @mperveen2012 $ARCH I'm not sure why it's down but it's under the 50 Day and that's likely why Dan said it was a sell. I know they are doing a share repurchase program soon and that could help keep the stock afloat but that's a guess. If you're in the stock, consider a stop just under the Low Of Day and if it closes below that level, close it out. I'd want to see some strength come in to initiate a new buy and then you'd want to use the 50 Day as your line in the sand.
- ProfMike1: @vcondry $ARCH Fair enough. I will wait till the video is released. Thanks for the reply.
- grcjr: $ARCH #scottrades - xdiv $8.11 in dividends. Down about $8.00 in the premarket. No surprise.
- grcjr: @grcjr $ARCH #scottrades - my previous post not exactly correct. [from Fidelity] Arch Resources Announces Closing of Exchanges with Holders of Approximately $125.2 Million Principal Amount of Convertible Notes
- mperveen2012: @scottrades What do you think about $HALO? Also, between $ARCH & $AMR which is better now to buy?
- ProfMike1: @mperveen2012 $HALO $ARCH $AMR $Halo is extended. Can't buy here.
- scottrades: @mperveen2012 $HALO $ARCH $AMR I think that HALO is working fine but a bit extended above support so, you'd want to go smaller. You could also consider a ETF that would help with any single stock Biotech risk. If I had to choose, I like $ARCH because it's closer to the 21EMA and the 50 Day so you can easily define risk.
- ssoha20: $ZIM and $ARCH both have ex dividend on 27th May . What is the best approach here if we are holding both stocks
- shoredriver: @ssoha20 $ZIM $ARCH ...$ArCH has a yield of like one half of 1 percent....do you really think that will move the stock?? $ZIM .. buy the dip....
- ssoha20: @shoredriver $ZIM $ARCH I will hold $ARCH as I'm up around 6% $ZIM ill sell as I'm down 3%
- scottrades: My notes.. $SPY Sellers out of Gas or just taking a pit stop? $QQQ Lowest Volume since April $IWM Back above the 21 EMA $DIA Same $GLD Holding the 200 Day $UUP Still above the 50 Day $XLE Extended $TAN Trying to get back above the 50 Day. $BOAT Sailing to new highs $GBTC Bounce. $AAPL Bullish Engulfing, but will it be enough? $NVDAGreat volume and earnings reaction. $USO Breaking out of a base $AR Took paritals today, nice work team! $DVN Know your time frame. $PBT Stagger stops $MRO Extended $RRC Nice pop off the 50 Day $CVX Working $COP Extended $OLN C&H $AMR Great volume $ARCH Great volume $ARLP Inside Day $GOGL Nice move out of a flag $EGLE Holding the 8EMA $ZIM Rising Wedge or handle? $LLY Working $MCK Trending. $SEDG Still under the MAs $ENPH Right at the 200 Day $JKS This is how I want the other 2 to look.
- wanda1616: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $IWM $DIA $GLD $UUP $XLE $TAN $BOAT $GBTC $AAPL $NVDAGreat $USO $AR $DVN $PBT $MRO $RRC $CVX $COP $OLN $AMR $ARCH $ARLP $GOGL $EGLE $ZIM $LLY $MCK $SEDG $ENPH $JKS great video thank you. had bought $MCK earlier today. $SLB breaking out also.....still holding $AAPL since big hammer, added more today. ready to bail on it all. also a tiny bit of DIS and BA to see if they can dead cat a bit.
- ProfMike1: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $IWM $DIA $GLD $UUP $XLE $TAN $BOAT $GBTC $AAPL $NVDAGreat $USO $AR $DVN $PBT $MRO $RRC $CVX $COP $OLN $AMR $ARCH $ARLP $GOGL $EGLE $ZIM $LLY $MCK $SEDG $ENPH $JKS Not sure if there is any prognostication value, but there is a fractal C&H pattern from 5/4 through today within the months long C&H for $OLN
- DAN: Stop Adjustments: $MPC -- from 85.10 to 89.50. This cuts our risk down while still keeping the stop below the extension of the 50-day moving average. I'm taking into account the time that will pass over the next few weeks. $ARCH - No change. Still at 147.50 $GOGL -- No change. Still at 13.40 $XOM -- Raised from 82.70 to 85.30. $APA -- No change. Still at 38.95 $WEAT -- No change. Stop remains at 11.45, which is break even and takes the risk out of the trade. $LLY -- No change. Still at 279.25 The breakout looks like it has some legs. $AVGO -- Stopped out. There are in negotiations to buy VMWare ($VMW). That's always gonna create selling pressure. $EGLE -- Stop remains at 63.65 See you in an hour. Training Session Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86989804351 --Dan
- ssoha20: daily $ARCH goes up during opening hours till closing it comes down.. this is the behavior for last few trading sessions .It is hovering between 160 and 170 what is happening here ?
- bilipi: @ssoha20 $ARCH I don't have an answer but my chart shows very little movement in last night's AHs . I show only 1x 10MIN bar ... there's no tellin' figuratively if its being traded on a spot market or elsewhere after hours ..
bilipi: $BTU In Wright ( Gillette ) Wyoming is across the street from $ARCH . Its a 2 lane county road with no shoulders , no lights ... antelope and sheep everywhere ...
..these are pit mines so picture immense holes in the ground you drive down into . Pic ...
- jdee: @bilipi $BTU $ARCH "slicker than an okra sandwich"?
- bilipi: @jdee $BTU $ARCH ... that's good .. a good laugh just at the right moment ( smile FORUM ... think positive .. we are optimists ! ) SOME OF US !
- ssoha20: @ssoha20 $ARCH and the 8% upside came back to 3.5%
- bilipi: @ssoha20 $ARCH .. a potential swing marker of the classic kind .. gratitude
$ARCH -- Building another base within an uptrend. Classic Cup & Handle behavior. Basis 166.32, so we are up just slightly. Raising the stop to $150.50 to put the risk below $10%. Sell Alert $150.50
$XOM -- Working well. Up >5%. Slow mover ...
- bilipi: $ARCH so far a successful test of the 50SMAd area below . This will go in for a harder effect with a further index breakdown . Long chart established uptrend
- DAN: Stop Adjustments on some active trade stocks: $MPC -- from 81.50 to 85.10 $ARCH -- remains at 147.50 $GOGL -- From 11.50 to 13.40 (Earnings on Thursday) $XOM -- remains at 82.70 $APA - remainns at 38.95 $WEAT -- From 10.55 to 11.45. I think this stock has a lot more to run. Consider setting a stop for just a part of your position to reduce risk, and letting the rest run. $TDOC -- From 29.90 to 30.85 (I don't want to give this much room. The rebound has stalled and the stock is stabilizing. If the trade doesn't work in the next day or so, then it'll be "time stopped" rather than "price stopped." $LLY -- Stop at 279.25 $AVGO - stop at.558.50. Basis is 602.86 Don't hold losers. Only losers hold losers. --Dan
- Nepenthe: @DAN $MPC $ARCH $GOGL $XOM $APA $WEAT $TDOC $LLY $AVGO Curious if you consider $SBLK an active trade. I know you bought a small position, as did I, with a stop below the LOD. Cheers.
- ssoha20: $ARCH why it is not participating ?
- vitoB: was surprised at the short interest still on $ARCH...looks to be taking off but no position but cause I'm in $CCJ and $CPE still, Both HOD also
Arch Coal Inc is a coal producer in the United States, which sells coal to power plants, steel mills and industrial facilities.Request Video of ARCH
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $149.86 19.80%
- $148.01 6.71%
- $22.31 3.37%
- $9.07 -2.61%
- $27.76 -0.25%
- $16.28 0.00%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 90,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (90,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!