Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY)
Old Forum Content for OXYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- scottrades: These stocks have Earnings this week.. $PLTR $UPST $SOFI $DIS $RBLX $AMC $OXY $TTD $PTON $BNTX $COIN $TSN $NCLH $SIX $AFRM $SU $SAND $NVAX $PLUG $U $RIVN $DUK $COTY $CLOV $ATER $MSGE $GSL $BROS $RIDE $HGV $ARRY $YETI $WYNN $TTCF $FVRR $BLNK $VTRS $LMND $PRTY $ADAP
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Needs to calm down. Respect the lows. $QQQ Lower Low $DIA Under the Major MAs $GLD Choppy $UUP Wrecking Ball $XLE Still where you want to be $XOP Trend is fine $OIH At the 50 day $DBC A slow mover, but working. $GBTC Know your time frame $AAPL Holding the Longer term trend $MSFT Needs a base $TSLA Nothing Good happens under the 200 Day $USO Watch above the line! $XOM Working great $APA Dan Added this to the ATL $OXY Working $PSX High Base $DVN Working $AR Might be starting some consolidation $BPT Support at the 50 Day $GLNG Above the MAs $KMI From the forum $CEIX Coal still Black Gold.
- debeers: $OXY-Buffett bought more--now owns 15.2% of the company.NP
- Babutters: @scottrades $XOM bought some $OXY a few days ago as it held the 50d. Looks strong - and expecting another top of range PB.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY The J Pow Pump $QQQ Bounce is on $DIA Watch the 50 Day $UUP The wrecking stops swinging, for now. $DBC Strong Trend. Look at the Volume. $GLD Still all over the place $XOP Pullback bounce $XLE At the highs $SMH Whippy but good volume $XLB In a year long base. Above all the MAs $XLP Above the 50 Day $GBTC Short term False breakdown $AAPL Swinging This $TSLA Above the 50 Day $MSFT potential Double Bottom $FB Everyone hates it. $PYPL Potential short term reversal base $XOM Near the highs $CVX Above he MAs $CVE Working $PSX Boom! $VLO Working $SU Working, look for dips. $DVN 52 Week High $OXY Good volume. Close to resistance $CEIX Coal is still working $CF Above the MAs $LAC Lithium - Earnings tomorrow. $ADP Channel $ON Above the 50 Day
- issues: I am seeing some signs of life in a precious few: $AVAV $GRIN $OXY $BOOT $NVDA... my only short $LRCX is getting shorter on the profit if you know what I mean. I have a buy stop a few points higher than it is now
- Cjauger: $OXY nice bounce of the 50 day
Docoof: @Docoof $BRK $BRKB $BRKA $CVX $OXY $AAPL $BAC $AXP
(Bloomberg) Warren Buffett snapped up more $ATVI in a merger arbitrage bet, as $MSFT pursues its deal to buy the video-game maker in what would be one of the largest mergers in U.S. history.
His Be ...
- Docoof: $BRK.B $BRKB $BRKA — Warren Buffett significantly increased his position in $CVX, now in Berkshire’s top 4 positions: Buffett’s $CVX investment was worth $25.9 billion at the end of March, Berkshire’s first-quarter filing Saturday showed, a big jump from its value of $4.5 billion at the end of 2021. $CVX is not the only energy stock Buffett likes. Last month, he bought $7 billion worth of $OXY’s common shares in additional investments. Berkshire’s biggest holding was still $AAPL, worth $159 billion at the end of the first quarter. $BAC and $AXP were the two other big holdings, worth $42.6 billion and $28.4 billion, respectively. https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/04/30/warren-buffett-significantly-increases-chevron-bet-now-in-berkshires-top-4-positions.html
Commodity stocks are still in uptrends, keep an eye on $AR and some of the coal stocks like $ARCH and $CEIX. $OXY is holding near the 50 Day right now. We may get some bounces on some of the tech leaders like $AMZN, $MSFT $AAPL and $FB but remember ...
- efrain007: @scottrades $AR $ARCH $CEIX $OXY $AMZN $MSFT $AAPL $FB Thanks for looking out for us, especially under these challenging market conditions.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Can we hold the 4X Bottom? $QQQ Trend is still down $GLD Green today $UUP Should come back in the bands $DBC Holding above all the MAs $XOP Holding the 50 Day $XLU Above the 50 Day $XLV at the 200 Day $XLP Above all the MAs $XLB Holding the 200 Day (FCX, NEM, CF) $XME Under the 50 Day $GBTC Higher Lows, Flat top $AAPL Whippy on Earnings $AMZN Same $TSLA Still under the 200 Day $NVDA Needs a base $TWTR Holding the 8EMA $PYPL Holding the Pandemic Low $AR Great volume $OXY Holding the 50 Day $MRO Looks the same $SU Breakout on volume $CVE Same $VLO Holding the Flag Break $PBF Back to the highs $DK Same $BSM Earnings Next week. $CNX Watch 21.70 $ARCH Watch 176 $CEIX Holding the 8EMA $COST Holding the 50 Day $WMT Holding the 21 EMA
- Angdionk: $OXY trying
- scottrades: $XLE Stocks still getting push back near the highs so far. Watching 62.30 on $OXY to add anything. Small on the position.
- scottrades: Selling the last of my $OXY. Will look to revisit on strength.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Still choppy around the 50 Day $QQQ Still under the 50 Day $GDX Working $UUP Sharp move down today $XME New High $XLE / $OIH Working $IGV Inverse H&S? $TAN Close to the 50 Day $GBTC Nice Bounce. $AAPL / $TSLA / $AMZN Lower High $NEM Working $GOLD At resistance $GFI See the slope? $FCX Better today $CLF Back above the 8EMA $ARCH Black Gold $AMR Great volume $HCC Closed off the highs, but great volume $BTU New High $TECK Closed at a New High $ATI Right at resistance $DVN Working $OXY Goins sideways $SU Watch 34.20 $PANW Flag $FTNT Flag $NET Watch the 200 Day $CRWD Above the 200 Day
A lot of Oil and Gas stocks are still in nice uptrend and above their MAs. Stocks like $OXY (I have a small position), $DVN, $XOM, $ERF, and $CNX to name a few. $AAPL, $NVDA and $AMZN had some nice moves off the lows and could be worth watching for ...
- wanda1616: @scottrades $SPY $OXY $DVN $XOM $ERF $CNX $AAPL $NVDA $AMZN $AVAV $RTX #Bitcoin i find it very hard to deal with the insane fear and negativity...reminds me of the period during fukushima, BRIC and PIGS defaults, debt ceiling fights and BP oil spill. but this is actually worse...endless things
- PhilHarmonic: @wanda1616 $SPY $OXY $DVN $XOM $ERF $CNX $AAPL $NVDA $AMZN $AVAV $RTX #Bitcoin When that feeling overtakes me it time to feed the horses.
- scottrades: $OXY Holding the 8EMA. Swingers consider a stop under yesterdays low.
- scottrades: Shaved off more risk on $OXY. Trend is fine but not immune to market pressures.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Choppy around the 50 Day $QQQ Nothing good happens under the 50 Day $GDX Resistance near the highs $UUP New high. $XME Watch 63.86 $XLE Watch 80 $XLP Extended $XLU Watch for a backtest of the upper trendline $QID Eek! Above all the MAs $GBTC Lower low. $AAPL / $TSLA / $NVDA / $MSFT - Leaders not leading. $NEM In an uptrend. $GOLD Resistance near the highs $ARCH Great volume $AMR Massive volume $HCC Along the 8/21 EMA $BTU Near the highs $FCX Not yet. $VALE Low volume pullback $BHP Flag $CF Near the highs $MOS Watch for a Pullback $ICL Slope $DVN Sellers near the highs $OXY Small here $CUBE Small base. $NSA Small base. $RTX Small here as well.
- scottrades: $OXY inside day so far. Want to see it hold above the 8EMA
- scottrades: @scottrades $OXY Selling 1/3 of this to take some risk off.
- scottrades: @scottrades $XOM Oil and Gas Stocks are trying to move here. $OXY $EOG $SU $ERF
- scottrades: $OXY Trying to move out of a down slope. Buying a starter.
- Babutters: @scottrades $OXY saw this chart and bought this morning off your alert. Thanks Scott.
- Carpe_Diem: @scottrades $OXY - $EOG looking to breakout as well.
- snowbound: @Carpe_Diem $OXY $EOG $DVN is just one step behind ...
- scottrades: @scottrades $OXY HOD, consider staggering a stop up. Shouldn't break the Lod of Day now.
- scottrades: Shorter term traders may want to consider partials on $OXY as it hangs near HOD. I'm just sitting with mine and will look for a strong close to add any more.
- scottrades: Wow, $OXY Looking great into the last hour.
- debeers: Told you what is in the Recession Redux Cake-Here's the Profit Pudding PARE THE 13 down to 9- 8 is much better $SQQQ/$NRGU/$ACI/$LMT/$NOC/ ONE OF THESE-Lilly/Merck/Regeneron FERTS-$MOS/$CF/ $OXY
- Forexpro: Re: Quarters Most Actives, Sectors Hi, Friends, A summary from StockRover.com showing the highest volume stocks for the quarter, along with sector performance over the same period. No surprises, although actually financials (which of course includes a lot of non-banks) aren't quite as awful as I would have thought. On the other hand, $NFLX was off 37.8 percent for the quarter, $PYPL 38.7 percent. Big numbers, those. Not to be negative, the quarter's largest $SPX gainer was $OXY 96.2 percent to the green. I didn't own any of that one during the quarter, but then again, neither was I long $NFLX or $PYPL, although I'm a customer of both companies. Dan, best of luck on the Great Migration!
- kens: @Forexpro $NFLX $PYPL $SPX $OXY Thanks for stockrover.com, interesting website
- jsdpie: Bloomberg: MS: Risk has increased. $CLF up 1.78 % $OXY up 1.34 %
- wanda1616: @jsdpie $CLF $OXY you mean geopolitical risk?
- jsdpie: @wanda1616 $CLF $OXY Yes, plus risk of : 1) Recession in Europe 2) Recession in US. Predicted to occur in 18 months. Watch jobless claims as a leading indicator.
- jsdpie: $OXY riding R1 , R2 is 62.37
- jsdpie: Ups: $OXY, $AA Downs: $UAL, $CCL $NIO pushing against Friday high.
- ConMoto: $OXY
- Docoof: $OXY Berkshire ($BRKB $BRK.B) bought another 18.1 million shares of $OXY from Monday through Wednesday, according to an SEC filing late Wednesday. That brings Berkshire’s holdings in $OXY to 136.4 million shares, or about a 14.6% stake.
- jsdpie: $OXY buy zone 54.30-54.80.....
- vitoB: $CPE $SM $OXY beasting, long term oil futures rising, so if these levels stay $95-$100, new sweet spot in this climate,
- bRobert: @vitoB $CPE $SM $OXY $CPE $100 potential $SM $50+ $MTDR $70
- vitoB: @bRobert $CPE $SM $OXY $MTDR CPE to 100, ive never loved something you've said more, :)
- Wykeman: $OXY Nice early vol..
- woodman: @Wykeman $OXY - I believe Berkshire bought more of it.
- bRobert: @vitoB $CPE $SM $OXY $MTDR You didn't read my $FXI related trade
- abalagam: @bRobert $CPE $SM $OXY $MTDR How about $TSLA today, your advice
- Wykeman: @woodman $OXY thanks. I'm at work, cant see all the info.
- debeers: @woodman $OXY -Berkshire loaded up and bought a slug of OXY.
debeers: $OXY--consider this: a couple of days ago, Warren bought a slug for 53. Is it the best run of the oils. Nope it isn't and their expenditures, IMO, have been way out of line. Here's the full CreditSuisse report and they have been bang on:
- shoredriver: @debeers $OXY ...$DVN is my play......well managed, nice divvy and decent weeklies to sell.......
- debeers: $SM- you certainly have lots ofenergy to choose from but a great reasons to go with me and @bRobert on this one: It checks ALL the boxes: Valuation, Quality, Growth, Financial health, Street Sentiment and price Momentum. Basically it checks a couple of boxes where $OXY misses. i think you get a better return on this one than Warren's choice for the above reasons.
- jsdpie: $OXY down 5 percent, $UAL up 6 percent, $AAPL hardly moved. Is it a rebound day today?
- Docoof: $OXY $BRKB $BRK.B After spending around $4.5 billion last week to buy 91.2 million shares of $OXY, Berkshire Hathaway spent more than $1.5 billion this week to add another 27.1 million shares, according to an SEC filing late Friday. The purchases were made on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at prices between $51.03 and $58.58. That gives Berkshire a total of 118.3 million shares that are worth almost $6.9 billion at Friday’s close of $57.95. As a result, $OXY moves up a to 9th place on Berkshire’s list of biggest reported holdings of publicly-traded U.S. shares and it gives Berkshire nearly 12% of $OXY’s outstanding shares.
- mariner: @Docoof $OXY $BRKB $BRK. Berkshire should have bought them two or three weeks ago!
- GOOSE: #Not doing anything, just sitting with my, $CCL, $NCLH, $AA, $OXY. Mostly covered unfortunately. May rollout some.
- DrScience: $OXY banging its head on 58.50 resistance for a 4th day, but still outperforming its peers. IV is 88.35%, IV Rank: 88. This could continue to be a volatile issue, so look at a MAR 60 #CoveredCall Cash Settled Account (IRA) ====================== Buy 100 Shares at $56.24 $5,624.00 Sell 1 $60 Strike Call at $1.95 -($195.00) Capital Required: $5,429.00 Cost Basis (Break Even) $54.29 Maximum Gain $571.00 Return 10.52% Annualized Return 5672.78% Margin Account ============= Buy 100 Shares at $56.24 $2,812.00 Sell 1 $60 Strike Call at $1.95 -($195.00) Capital Required: $2,617.00 Possible Cost of Carry at 7% $4.86 Cost Basis (Break Even) $54.34 Maximum Gain $566.14 Return 21.59% Annualized Return 277282.98% BUY +1 COVERED OXY 100 18 MAR 22 60 CALL/OXY @54.29 LMT MARK
- CdrJake: $OXY+ Selling partial position OXY (The warrants, not the stock) for gain of 597%. Dont expire till Aug 2027, but cant pass up this run on OXY to take partials. Stock bounced off 8 DMA earlier today. [Apologies for the symbol but this program wont accept the OXY Symbol, which is the Symbol for the wts on TDA.]
- petomendez: put/call ratio 1.1 means not a lot of excitement about the rally today which is a contrary indicator because tomorrow some FOMO folks will start to believe that the train has left the station and will jump in at higher prices... a couple of days of this and the bag holders are going to sell at higher prices and then we will get a downturn.... oh and I believe the we are not done yet correcting in Metals and Energy... be patient ...it is the place to be but not at these prices... short $OXY near 59 would be a nice point to enter... over 61 and you know you are wrong....good luck to all
- Pokersmith: Energy names ( Oil and gas ) green on the day in a sea of red see: $APA, $OXY, $PDCE, $MTDR and $MPLX
- woodman: @Pokersmith $APA $OXY $PDCE $MTDR $MPLX - Not in the green category today, but $RES is down to around the 8dEMA (currently 9.90) with its drop today (low of 9.99, closed 10.66, but down to 10.10 in the afterhours). The 8dEMA has been a fairly consistent support area on its path up since November, and particularly since December. (I'm still in this.)
DAN: Good morning. After yesterday's bloodbath, where the S&P fell nearly 3%, and the Nasdaq 100 fell 3.75%, it's reasonable to expect a rebound this morning. Correcting markets are volatile.
Pokersmith summed it up pretty succinctly yesterday aft ...
- Babutters: @Pokersmith #CrossCurrents 92% cash. Have barely traded last 8 weeks (+25% on year - mostly made off $OXY and $BTU last couple weeks). 2021 red February and black March has kept me from doing the same thing all over again.
- jsdpie: Buy $BTU and $OXY again?
- joelsg1: @Suz $OIH #Energy-Service $5B in $OXY.
- champ: @Suz $OIH #Energy-Service ...That info is nice to know #Thanks.... I knew that he took out a large position in $OXY also...NP in $OXY...because I missed it.
- Suz: @joelsg1 $OIH $OXY #Energy-Service Thank you for the clarification :)
- AuAgPb: $COP$OXY $BTU Took profits. Not sur what is coming next.
- Rayray: @Suz $OIH #Energy-Service Buffet must be in $OXY for the long term.
- Suz: @Rayray $OIH $OXY #Energy-Service He is in everything for the long term LOL
- bRobert: @AuAgPb $COP $OXY $BTU Going higher Much long term after some needed consolidation This strong energy trend was in place before the Russia catalysts
- woodman: @bRobert $COP $OXY $BTU - $CEIX is another in the coal mine worth looking at. I have a small position. Still in $ARCH and $BTU.
- bRobert: @woodman $COP $OXY $BTU $CEIX $ARCH Thx Trying to keep lean team Easy to manage I have a group of shorts as well that are really working well
- joelsg1: @bRobert $COP $OXY $BTU Re $BTU, rumor their hedging strategy blew up and they're getting margin calls, borrowed $150M from $GS at 10% interest (!) for liquidity, Careful, more shoes to drop with other commodity producers as you like to say. They do the same hedging.
- Docoof: $OXY $BRKA $BRKB $BRK.A $BRK.B Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Discloses $5 Billion Stake in Occidental Petroleum (Barron’s) Berkshire disclosed late Friday in a form 4 filing that it held 91.2 million shares of $OXY, up from 29.8 million shares on Tuesday, which was disclosed in a separate 13-G on Friday. On Friday, Barron’s reported the Berkshire holding of 29.8 million shares, but not the full holding of 91.2 million reported that day in a separate filing. From Wednesday through Friday, Berkshire bought more than 60 million shares of $OXY, fueling a surge in OXY’s share price. The biggest daily gain occurred Friday, when $OXY surged 17.6%, or $8.40, to $56.15. That was the date of Berkshire’s heaviest buying.
- issues: @Pokersmith $HES $EGY $CIVI $MPC $PNRG $NE $WHD #EnergySectorScreening buying $CIVI $NE $PTEN $HP $OVV and $OXY
- bRobert: @issues $HES $EGY $CIVI $MPC $PNRG $NE $WHD $PTEN $HP $OVV $OXY #EnergySectorScreening Just a question. Do. you really NEED. to own so many in the same sector? Many investors/traders. manage too many employees A. good ETF. can work the team approach more efficiently . with One chart. One employee to manage. If you crave a good. dividend, add one good one to the mix.
- champ: @issues,. Real-nice, #good-work and this is exactly how being #Diversified can really-work out in a sector....and on $OXY....did anyone know ahead-of-time, that this stock was going to have a fantastic bounce like it did on Friday.....and now after these moves have happened, in a certain sector...... ....then the Investor can step-back and start #thinking about doing a little #Re-positioning, with timings....and you have been around long enough in the forum..(many years) to know exactly what I'm talking about. .......Plus always work-your way.. because that Works. LOL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- DrScience: $OXY at highs, broadly outperforming all other energy names, rising over 17% - next highest top gainers in the S&P are $KR and $MOS up over 6% and $CSX is gaining steam at +5.7%
- Babutters: $OXY retesting top of breakout line currently 200% daily vol. Took some profits.
- InvestStarRev: $OXY halted
- bsnceo: @InvestStarRev $OXY There is a lot of history between Oxy and Russia. The former head of Occidental Petroleum was Armand Hammer (mid 20th century) and he had a lot of energy dealings with Russia. So the company's assets could be impacted by this move by Putin.
- Babutters: @Pokersmith made maybe 5-7 trades over the past 30 days. Will get more interested once this “thing” is resolved one way or the other. Only holding $OXY.
- Pokersmith: @Babutters $OXY 👍 Me ? $XOP, $AMLP in that space
- Momentariness: $OXY Tug of war at the VWAP.
- bRobert: @Momentariness $OXY $47.50. target to start. Good. holding stock now. ABOVE the 200w. ceiling.
- DAN: Good morning. The market is set to open much higher this morning after Microsoft's ($MSFT) conference call last night. The stock initially sold off after the raw numbers were disappointing. [Hard to see how the year-over-year quarterly numbers wer ...
- issues: @DrScience $VLO Cramer had a caller ask about $OXY. Cramer said it was his least fav oil stock. i.e. negatory!!
DAN: What's Working in a Bloodbath? A big market selloff like we've been experiencing will typically reveal the stocks and sectors that are strong...and are going to get even stronger when the carnage is over. Check the Energy Sector ($XLE).
The $XLE ...
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Eyes (and Ears) on the Fed. $QQQ Earnings Season is here, check those dates! $XLE Energy is working! $XLF Trying to hold the 200 Day. $GLD Needs a break out of the range $GDX Needs to get above the 200 Day. $DBC Commodities are leading. $FFTY Growth is not. $ARKK Swinging a small bit of this. #Bitcoin Ark Invest out with a 1M BTC Price Target $TSLA Earnings tomorrow. $MSFT Earnings tonight. Watch tomorrow. Dan mentioned some O&G Stocks in the forum let’s look at those: $APA Above the MAs $OXY Just under the 200 Day $HAL -- (Breakout today, to a new high). $SLB Above the 200 Day $CVX -- New high $XOM Watch for a PB $FANG Watch the weekly high $DVN Watch 52 Also let’s look at: $VNOM (another OG Stock) $SU Flagging $CF (AG Stock)
- scottrades: Oil and Gas stocks holding up ok. $OXY $EOG $APA $MRO $DVN $COP
- PhooeyQuai: @scottrades $OXY $EOG $APA $MRO $DVN $COP
- Pokersmith: @bRobert $GUSH $XOP it's not purely occidental ...see $OXY ascending base
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $GUSH $XOP $OXY So a short would be an $OXY moron
- Pokersmith: @bRobert $GUSH $XOP $OXY right ! 🤣
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Close under the 50 Day $QQQ Not a good look. $FFTY Growth still in a downtrend $SMH Downside reversal To the 50 Day. $XLE Extended. $XLI Rejection near the highs $XLF Looking tired. $F Tough in a weak market $TSLA Sold today. $LCID Same. $BRO still some potential. $LPX Weekly Handle Building. $MP Holding the 21 EMA but still choppy. $TECK Dan offered some selling ideas in the forum. $JBHT Weekly fine. Earnings Next week. $ZIM Holding up. But don’t get complacent. $OXY Pulling back gently (so far). Watch 35.80 $CB Daily Flag
- scottrades: $OXY Short base along the MAs,
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is a multinational organization whose subsidiaries and affiliates operate in the oil and gas, chemical and midstream, marketing and other segments.Request Video of OXY
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 3rd, 2022 - 2022 Q3 Earnings
- $13.46 23.51%
- $14.45 22.31%
- $32.60 12.57%
- $20.23 -10.72%
- $16.43 -9.74%
- $30.28 -9.66%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 88,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (88,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!