Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ:WDC)
Old Forum Content for WDCMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- debeers: $WDC-One of the digits on a finger has been cut off on weak data center demand.NP
- bsafriet: $WDC $AMD $INTC $LRCX $AMAT $IPGP All moving extremely well this morning. Long $WDC, $AMD, $INTC, looking to be there for the other three.
- Forexpro: Re: $WDC HI, Friends, This underperformer is getting a lift this morning following its earnings report. From Barrons.com: "Western Digital (WDC) is up 10.3% to $44.26 after reporting fiscal second-quarter earnings. The storage maker earned $1.45 a share on revenue of $4.23 billion . Analysts were looking for EPS of $1.50 on revenue of $4.26 billion . However it still expects to see growth resume in the second half of the year." In the meantime, the question is, can the stock hold the low of its initial range for the day? Looks "iffy". Hope your day is off to a good start; all the best!
- rachel: Weekend Update Notes 122818 COTD: No chart of the day. VIDEO ONE: Watch the head and shoulder throwback move. I think it matters. Tax Loss selling? Watch these stocks over the next month. They’re the biggest losers in the S&P 500 this year. $GE $MHK $NFX $AMG $IVZ $WDC $LB $AA $UNM $BHF $IPGP $MHK – Insider buying. Others that have work to do: $PLNT $PAYC
- spmeyers: $WDC broke thru major support at 75 on high volume, but probably too late to safely short; will wait for rebound
- bRobert: $STX weekly squeeze. Watching $WDC base setting up Watching
- bRobert: $WDC bottoming action. $STX weekly squeeze
- bRobert: $WDC setting up.
- bRobert: $WDC Double bottom trade with positive divergences. Starter $STX weekly squeeze
- bRobert: $STX Tight weekly squeeze. Watching. $WDC weekly double bottom
- issues: @bRobert $STX $WDC Good eye. Yup this is almost where it bounced before. Watching with ya!
- bRobert: $STX $WDC Keep an eye on them. Initial pop sold into a bit but I think they have a lot of room to run.
- bRobert: $WDC Double bottom trade. Higher Bollinger low. $100 potential. Small position . Will add with supportive action. $STX squeeze on watch
- debeers: @champ $BAC $FAS $MU $WDC #Spec-Trading-Positions #Senate -adding to WDC at 85 and 82ish. NOT doing FAS--not now not ever. Just so you know, the custody banks will far outperform BAC.
- champ: @debeers $BAC $FAS $MU $WDC #Spec-Trading-Positions #Senate --- On #Banks.... I'm seeing that this morning....this market turn is taking all the banks down this morning.
geotheo: @debeers $BAC $FAS $MU $WDC #Spec-Trading-Positions #Senate Since I had to look it up I thought I'd post:
John Krowas, Investment management data wrangler, Caltech '93
An interesting way of comparing regular banks and custody banks is thinking abo ...
- DavidM: @geotheo $BAC $FAS $MU $WDC #Spec-Trading-Positions #Senate Interesting info. Thanks.
- Forexpro: @geotheo $BAC $FAS $MU $WDC #Spec-Trading-Positions #Senate Thanks, Geotheo, One item of note is that as with most legacy banking product, sec lending has become far less profitable for the custodial banks than was the case back in the good ol' days. Once upon a time, the fee split was typically 80/20 in favor of the banks; now, the best the banks get in almost all cases is 50/50. As my last boss mournfully remarked on a daily basis when thinking about FX "This used to be such a great business." Yeah. Hope you're doing well; all the best!
- champ: $BAC and $FAS ---- I added to these positions in the AH's because I'm looking for a bounce in the morning....new #Spec-Trading-Positions. I took profits today, on my Oil ETF's and also on $MU and $WDC. Just moving some of these dollars, back-into the banking sector....putting these dollars back to work...because the news is... this Bill should pass, as expected because entries could be higher on the open, is my guess. For me, it is better now than later, if it passes....adding risk back into the markets...because the #Senate has already pass this Bill.
$LLL $GD $HII $LMT $NOC $PNR $WDC $CMCS $EFX $MHK $WRK $RCL $ARNC
$TPR and $STX were pretty good 59-minute trades today...but I didn't see them. Big gap-and-reverse trades.
Compare some of these with Viacom ($VIAB). It's down to short term ove ...
- bsafriet: $ADBE $LRCX $SGH BTO $ADBE Jul'18 $200 calls at the open, just missed getting my order in yesterday before the close - wishing I had! Also bought $LRCX and $SGH. Investor sentiment has done a 180 deg turn for memory chip makers and data storage ala $MU $WDC $STX, long positions all. $SGH reports Thursday AMC, expecting a beat. Best wishes to all!
- BocaRick: @3rdeye $CARB $SGH $WDC $MU, $IBD talks about chip-storage market this weekend. I am long WDC and MU also I added SGH on a break out on volume up 5% to 44.2. CARB up almost 10% on 2.1 million shares, I just though CARB was to extended and will wait. I am looking to add to SGH . CARB is a data services provider.
- Robert1965: $WDC lost track of this anyone looking at this it been straight up the last 2 weeks 88.00 to 105.00, still have an order to buy in IRA at 85.50
- Motorman: @Robert1965 $WDC Yeah, been holding $STX and also lost track, great run! NP unfortunately.
- bwcarnation1: $WDC sorry I sold it but it looked like it was done a few days ago even with new pt I'm not sure I can buy it so extended...did anyone buy it today?
- Robert1965: $TQQQ $WDC, Anyone doing anything with these
- bsafriet: @Robert1965 $TQQQ $WDC Long $WDC stock and the Jul’18 $85 calls, 15.52 entry and long Apr-20 $97.50 calls $5.23 entry
- champ: @Robert1965 $TQQQ $WDC ---- Need to be on top of your game if you mess around with $TQQQ because the sector is really zig-zagging....this is a very High risk day. No way to know, how the day is going to play out.....this is a hold and wait and see, type of day. If the markets turn, you will know...and it could happen at anytime...and the markets are trying RHRN. This is a great trading stock...$MU.
- ROSEY: @debeers $LRCX $MU Thanks for this post. Do you think $WDC (memory) offers a future? or safer to stay with $LRCX AND $MU?
- debeers: @ROSEY $LRCX $MU $WDC ---$LRCX my target is 230. Haven't ripped apart the prospects for $WDC for awhile.
- ROSEY: @debeers $LRCX $MU $WDC THANKS for comments.
- bsafriet: $NVDA $SHOP $RNG $OLED $WDC awesome today! Was out most of day so I didn't take profits on $NVDA. Hope for a repeat soon. Long stock and call options.
- issues: $WDC reports tonight but AH dropped $3 before the report? I guess that's just for good measure, right?
- issues: Wondering what to do with my $EDU? Missed earnings.14 to.27 a 43% miss. I've had it a long time but maybe its time to dump it. I know it's broken but soon as I sell someone will write about what a great buy it is. Thoughts? Earnings scheduled for $LRCX $VRTX $WDC $URI $UTX on $Wednesday. Thursday it's $ABMD $CELG $PYPL $CAT $UNP $FCX
- optionswealth: @issues $EDU $LRCX $VRTX $WDC $URI $UTX $Wednesday $ABMD $CELG $PYPL $CAT $UNP $FCX If you're truly done with it, sell calls close to the price it is, say Feb 90's and let it get called away, if it doesn't and it continues toward the 200 day, do it again. Feb calls are 24 days to expiration and if it falls faster than you expect, you can roll them down for additional premium while trying to get called away.
Paul Wick - $MU, $WDC, $MRVL, $ORCL; short $SNAP, $XON
Meryl Witmer - $KMX, $OEC
William Priest - $OLED, $AMAT, $SBUX, $MLM, $MET
Oscar Schafer - $CNK, $ORLY, $COMM, $EVTC, $ANIP
All the best!
- RedLeaf1: @Forexpro $XON $MSG $BATRA $MGM $ZBH $CNHI $GCP $PCAR $TXT $ENR $LCRX $HCLP $GTN $ARCC $HOFT $XLE $NTG $BKLN $EWZ $DXJ $EFX $MTN $BFAM $SERV $SHOP $GRUB $OXY $ABBV $MDLZ $MU $WDC $MRVL $ORCL $SNAP $KMX $OEC $OLED $AMAT $SBUX $MLM $MET $CNK $ORLY $COMM $EVTC $ANIP Thanks, Forexpro!
- indigo1948: @Forexpro $XON $MSG $BATRA $MGM $ZBH $CNHI $GCP $PCAR $TXT $ENR $LCRX $HCLP $GTN $ARCC $HOFT $XLE $NTG $BKLN $EWZ $DXJ $EFX $MTN $BFAM $SERV $SHOP $GRUB $OXY $ABBV $MDLZ $MU $WDC $MRVL $ORCL $SNAP $KMX $OEC $OLED $AMAT $SBUX $MLM $MET $CNK $ORLY $COMM $EVTC $ANIP - thank you for the information - interesting choices - $MDLZ has been channeling for about 2 1/2 years and $OXY has a great deal of room to the upside - long both of these.
As Cramer noted the semis will go with up or down with what $MU reports on Tues. But MU is in a different IBD category -group 17: $MU is with computer storage which includes $NTAP $CARB $SIMO $WDC, while semi group is #32 which includes: $MKSI $DAIO ...
- JJT1: $WDC In the acct where I'm trying to follow uptrending big boys buy on pullbacks, (Yeah Dan's been telling me, us, for years) ie $V $MA $MSFT $AAPL I let Spec in $AXL and my emotions with stock get best of me.($WDC) So $AXL and $WDC are gone, Breakeven and small loss, respectably.
- bsafriet: $WDC I bought the news last night A/H’s for $83.60. Popped to $83.63 today before fading to close at $83.63 :^(. Near term target is $93.00. Earnings are 1/25 AMC. Also bought the Apr’18 $75 calls @$11.88. Will turn this into a diagonal call spread by STO the Jan’18 $90 calls which expire prior to earnings. Didn’t get my order in early enough to catch the pop today, hope is for higher prices in near term. I don’t expect much price movement in $WDC until the on-going rotation out of tech is finished. I have liked $WDC for sometime and the u/l stock is a long term hold, obviously the options are a swing trade/potential earnings play.
- issues: @woodman $PAYC mouse? My losers today: $AEIS $AMAT $BRKS $WDC. Haven't sold any yet... I know someone will buy them now at their very lowest in years... sold $COST yesterday at $184.20 thanks to you folks here on the Forum... $IBB isn't really down 66%. It must have split 3:1. It was over $300 now just over $100.
- Iceman: $WDC #ShortPuts #FallingKnife #OptionLadder – adding a couple of positions with the stock at 78.57 Sold 1 WDC Apr 20 2018 60.0 Put @ 1.35 Sold 1 WDC Jul 20 2018 55.0 Put @ 1.60
- JJT1: $WDC It is never a good thing to be holding Long calls when @Iceman is selling puts on same stock.! After not believing a down grade by MS could kill a stock, finally painfully sold my Dec 85 calls yesterday and today, will look to reenter after oversold condition changes and a few green candles...
- Henry: $WDC 3 days ago we talked about it big decline on a downgrade form buy to hold. It declined even mor yesterday. These falling knife stocks rarely work out for me, I mention it only because it is remarkable how it has been dumped in the course of a week
- Iceman: $WDC #ShortPuts #FallingKnife - Sold 1 WDC Apr 20 2018 65.0 Put @ 1.75
- Iceman: $WDC #ShortPuts #FallingKnife – Sold 1 WDC Jul 20 2018 55.0 Put @ 1.40 with the stock at 79.50
- Iceman: $WDC #ShortPuts #FallingKnife – Sold 1 WDC Apr 20 2018 65.0 Put @ 2.05 with the stock at 78.97. Adding to my position.
- traderbren: @Iceman $WDC #ShortPuts #FallingKnife - watching and will look to join you when the rubber band pings! Thanks for pointing it out.
- JJT1: $NFLX Second time this week I got blindsided but had a protective put in place to help the pain. Now I need to learn how to manage this type of stop. My Dec $NFLX 197.50 put is up 238% and I see $NFLX stock had a almost to the penny tag of 100 day SMA today. I don't want to do what I did on $WDC and sell the put leaving me exposed because that was the blindside today that hurt. In hindsight if I need to sell the put for profit I should also sell the calls and clear trade completely or stay in the trade but buy new protective put or set some type of stop. Just thinking out loud.
- JJT1: $HD so hard to stay in this After selling my Dec calls, then buying weeklies to stay involved, sold Friday 175 calls today, now I can figure out my losers $CREE, $WDC, $SWKS. Do I sell these to be done or see if today is one off due to ? end of month? overbought selloff?
- DrScience: @JJT1 $HD You can also stay involved by selling Put Spreads. However, $CREE $WDC $SWKS aren't overbought, but are being sold along with the rest. The question is whether you think they'll rebound in the timeframe of your options once the selling is over. If the answer is "No", but you just need more time, then roll out... waaay out (greater volatility premium is already priced into those options).
- JJT1: @DrScience $HD $CREE $WDC $SWKS Thanks for your reply. $CREE is still above rising 50 day SMA, $SWKS looks to tag 200 day and may be putting in hammer reversal candle today. $WDC on other hand not sure where support is unless maybe bottom of six month channel. I will sellout of $WDC calls today.
- JJT1: $WDC I had protective put in place on this Dec 92.50 put and sold yesterday. Still have original Dec 85 calls so added at Breakeven. Old man (wait I'm an old man!), make that older gentleman (probably not a gentleman yet) told me good time to buy when stock just above 200 day. $WDC is there.
- BocaRick: $WDC downgraded to Equal Weight by $MS
- grcjr: $SOXL $SQ $MU $WDC $AMAT $AAPL, $INTC several more, $AMT - Followup to my post yesterday, all up today (in % order) $SOXL is up 3.49% at this time, the largest of those on my watch list. All of the roughly 30 tickers on my Tech list are positive today, even $AMT (perhaps not really tech but I put it here anyway). Tough to buy, great to hold. Or is it? Perhaps a time to take some profits? Tightening my stops.
- 1993dean: $WDC good chart to start a position
- issues: @1993dean $WDC 2.2% dividend
- JJT1: $WDC popping just above upper BB. Will this be the time it B/O? Fighting a red candle day for most...
- bsafriet: $WDC Up on rumor of settlement with Tobisha. Entered this morning after the little pullback and confirmation of upside momentum.
- bsafriet: $APH $TAN $NOVT $VSAT $SEDG $WDC Bought the dip this morning. Watching $STZ before I pounce!
- JJT1: $WDC STC Nov 85 calls on pop today. Still have Dec 85 Calls. BTO Nov 90 call in case today is not one day head fake.
- JJT1: $WDC working after bounce off 200 day? now up 2 days in downer market and above 50 day, 100 day, and 8ish EMA with Upper BB (89.87) and my guideline for 6 month channel at 91.40 getting nearer...Might want to watch. Have Nov and Dec 85 calls.
- JJT1: $WDC After almost tag of 200 day SMA $WDC is green today on majority red candle day.
- JJT1: $WDC Six months of consolidation. Now 50 day, 100 day, and 200 day within BB complex, looked to be going from top BB to bottom BB. Played weekly yesterday successfully then bought next week 85 calls and Dec 85 calls...
- Bridget: Earnings this afternoon: $GOOGL $AMZN $BIDU $WDC $MSFT $INTC $EXPE $GILD Earnings tomorrow: $MRK $CVX $ABBV $XOM $RCL
- JLF: @Bridget @bsafriet $WDC thanks for the input, stop was hit. Did do a covered call like @bsafriet suggested, looked good Friday and is now above my stop at 83.90. My fault with a bad entry. Appreciate you both (also @debeers take on this stock). Joe
- bsafriet: $WDC. Toshiba flips again and selects the Bain/Hynix group over the $WDC group just prior to Toshiba board meeting to select the successful bidder. Expect $WDC to be down in the permkt.
- debeers: $WDC-Western Digital was on a fool's errand from the beginning as Bain's entire reason for the escalating bids was at AAPL's behest in my opinion. You won't be disappointed Bsafriet---WDC sure as heck will be down.
- JLF: @Bridget $WDC bought at 88.17, had stop limit instead of just a stop. Dividend 9/28 of .50, earnings 10/26. Now have a stop just below days low at 83.90. This was to be a long term hold. Read @debeers post today. jAny suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
- bsafriet: @JLF $WDC Sell covered calls on your position once price stabilizes - maybe by Friday. Good luck.
- bsafriet: @debeers $WDC Wish I could have shorted or bought puts when the news hit. Best I could do was buy back my short calls on long position. I suspect the $WDC will be negotiating some kind of settlement protecting their JV rights. Seems like the "Never Ending Story". Unfortunately, still long......
- JLF: @bsafriet $WDC Thanks I think I might, appreciate the idea. Joe
- JJT1: $WDC just exploded on 5 min chart. 87 to 90.
- debeers: @bsafriet $WDC -Toshiba is very adroit at playing Western Digital against the Bain Group. /the day one of them tells Toshiba to cram it, Toshiba will make a deal with the other.
- bsafriet: @debeers $WDC If Toshiba doesn't close this deal soon they risk being delisted - time is running out and they know it!
- Henry: @debeers $WD I think you mean $WDC
- debeers: $WDC-ran up on the misinformation that Toshiba was selling its chip unit to Western Digital. Toshiba sold to Romney's old firm: Bain Capital. Toshiba used Western to extractthe maximum amount of money from Bain. WD's strength was acquiring profitable businesses that had temporary cash crunches. That trade, for now, is over.$WD-comeearningstime WDC will be fine.
- debeers: @Henry $WD $WDC -Thanks for catching the mistake, H.
- traderbren: $WDC -- getting a bid. Took a starter position.
- issues: @traderbren $WDC building a strong/long base. Good move. Looking for $100 by year end.
- grcjr: @Forexpro $AAPL $MU, $WDC, $AMT - I thought the new watch had some useful features but I don't wear a watch. I carry an iPhone SE. The new displays look nice but I don't need them to play DVDs or BR source material. Stream 4K? How many of us will it take to crash your favorite carrier? I may buy a new iPad (likely be my last one) and a new MacBookPro in the coming year. Trading content: $MU, $WDC, $AMT and others may be good plays to support the new $AAPL and competitive products. Cheers to you. Have a great week. BTW the air has been mostly clear here in Boulder since last Friday. Hope your air is better.
- bsafriet: $WDC Sold off on Toshiba news - they are again trying to do everything they can to cut $WDC out of any ownership deal. They are risking getting delisted if they don';t choose a suitor and seal the deal soon. $87.82 - $2.48
- Robert1965: $WDC up again in PM +.75
- issues: @DAN $MOMO We still hold 1/2 position (small). You could say the same about $VEEV today but we're still holding 1/2 position. And $WDC seems to have come back ok. I try to think longer term. I would rather hold these in the LT account than $IBM or some old teck.
- Robert1965: $WDC is up 1.06, moving off the low 78.80 of 8/11
- Robert1965: @DAN could you also look at $WDC tonight
- DAN: @Robert1965 $WDC sure.
- Robert1965: $WDC is up $3.00 missed the move, anyone buying
- Robert1965: @champ have you been watching $WDC seems to have settled in 82.xx to 83.xx range what are your thoughts
- champ: @Robert1965 $WDC ---- I took profits and I'm not really following it now...but I do know about the court order...I'm not looking to take on any new positions at this time because of market #Uncertainty. However, I'm watching for day trades, that could turn into short term swing trades. I'm also watching all the News in the $XLF and $XLE sectors.....just hanging around, looking for targets.
- Robert1965: @champ $WDC $XLF $XLE #Uncertainty Thanks
- JJT1: $WDC Near 200 day SMA. Curious as to when it was last near 200 day? Last year about this time.....Hmmm
- PhilHarmonic: @JJT1 $WDC Excepth it was moving in a different direction. It was approaching the average from below.
- JJT1: @PhilHarmonic $WDC Yeah, I noticed that. Thanks for pointing out.
- Robert1965: $WDC looks like this is getting traction
- Henry: @Robert1965 $WDC news heavy in legal speak ('TMC"), a subsidiary of Toshiba today received an order from the Superior Court of California for the County of San Francisco (the Court) regarding the motion for preliminary injunctive relief made by SanDisk LLC (SanDisk), a subsidiary of Western Digital Corporation ( Western Digital ) (NASDAQ: WDC), relating to Western Digital's access to certain information stored on certain databases owned by TMC. WDC gets access to "certain data"
- issues: @Henry $WDC So are you buying selling or holding or passing?
|Stock Price||$USD 56.19|
Western Digital Corporation is a developer and manufacturer of storage products that enable people to create, manage, experience and preserve digital content.Request Video of WDC
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 24th, 2019 - 2020 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 11.35 27.40%
- $USD 13.50 22.31%
- $USD 86.26 18.01%
- $USD 6.29 -60.16%
- $USD 5.36 -28.95%
- $USD 223.47 -23.63%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 64,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (64,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!