Impinj Inc. (NASDAQ:PI)
Old Forum Content for PIMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Wolf: $PI has drifted into the 50DMA. STO 10/18 30 Puts for 1.00 to complete 30/40 covered strangle on 1/2 position. LT hold.
- bRobert: $PI . Has been resilient . High short interest Good base $TAN . STRONG bounce on pullback. GREEN . $34+
- bRobert: $PI in the sky phase 2 . $45+ short squeeze with phase 3
- bRobert: $PI nh Earnings pop Short squeeze potential $44+ high base
- yongli: @bRobert $PI Good entry
- bRobert: $PI nh short squeeze potential $YETI flag Short squeeze potential
- bRobert: $PI Sometimes you have to take a $PI. Going higher high base $45+ Earnings 7/29
- bRobert: $PI nh short squeeze potential 15% 7d
- hevski: @bRobert $PI - bRobert Do you still like PI earning aren't for another week?
- bRobert: $LOVE Short squeeze 20d bounce Partial $PI short squeeze flag. $SAM Short squeeze/flag $400+ Longer term hold Trade around a core
- bRobert: $PI . $LOVE .Flags/ Short squeezes still very much alive. Long partials
- bRobert: $SAM $PI $LOVE Short squeezes holding up well. Partial profits taken already. Stops in place
- bRobert: $SMG flag Long $LOVE flag Short squeeze Long Add on trigger $PI Flag Short squeeze Add on trigger $SAM Short squeeze C&H breakout Retest $320 area. Can add on bounce
- bRobert: $PI . Short squeeze /flag . $36+ . flag target $SAM . Short squeeze of death . continues
- bRobert: $PI . I will add > . $30.30 .
- bRobert: $LOVE Short squeeze continuation Long $PI short squeeze flag Long
- bRobert: $PI flag $7 measured move with flag trigger. Lon gthis short squeeze
- bRobert: $PI short squeeze still in play.
- bRobert: $PI Who doesn't love PI. Short squeeze. Flag $35 target
- bRobert: $LOVE $PI Nice moves on high volume. Short squeeze still working
- bRobert: $PI $LOVE Short squeezes
- bRobert: $PI $LOVE Trailing stops.
- Wolf: $PI Street liked the numbers, up 27%. X Large position LT Hold.
- Sher: @Wolf $PI - Wow... Good for you!
- bRobert: @Wolf $PI I love a good Apple $PI. Granny smiths. ;) . Ala mode for my SMM friends
- bRobert: @Wolf $PI . Over 20% . short . This may go a little further a la $LOVE
- Wolf: @bRobert $PI Well, $AAPL is @ the 20DMA so you can buy some to make the $PI ;-)
- bRobert: @Wolf $PI $AAPL I have one baked. Actually half baked post profits.
- Wolf: $PI Reports AMC today. UP 5.7%. LT hold.
- Wolf: @shoredriver $PI It was an audit that adjusted last Q for a smaller loss. I have a large long term position, but still underwater.
- efrain007: $PI hug gap, gap and run/crap?
- MtChet: @Wolf $PI - I'm in the same boat. I have been waiting to get some of my money back. If it begins to close the gap...I'm out.
- shoredriver: $PI up 40% on earnings...sadly np.....
- Wolf: $PI Reports AH today.Long.
- mrmike: $PI Anyone looking at $PI
- shoredriver: @mrmike $PI why are you???
- mrmike: @shoredriver $PI It's above 200day. 50 close to crossing, above the VWAP30, break out above 27.00, but I may take some around 21.00. Or am I about to make a mistake.
- shoredriver: @mrmike $PI 27 is a looong way from 22 and change....
- MtChet: $PI - Nice breakout to begin filling the gap
- Wolf: $PI Up 14.5%, no news. Above near term resistance.
- Wolf: $PI Up 17%. Don't see any news that is moving it???
- MtChet: $PI - Filling the gap - up 8%
- MtChet: $PI - Upside surprise with good guidance - up 24%
- Wolf: $PI Up 5% today. Reports earnings AMC today.
- Wolf: $PI UP 6%, Above the 50DMA, Clearing short term resistance. May start an earnings (5/7) run.
- zimzala: $PI May be trying to fill the gap. Small starter.
- zimzala: $PI #woodshed
- MtChet: $PI - Finally getting a bid and trying to close the gap
- Wolf: @MtChet $PI Added last @ 24.08. STO 2/16 25 calls @3.31. I am expecting it to give back some of today's gain, but if not, a 4.25 gain is not bad.
- MtChet: @Wolf $PI - I got stuck holding over the gap down. Now I am just waiting for it to fill some of the gap to cut my losses.
- Wolf: @MtChet $PI So did I, but this is mostly a long term hold for me with a trading position as well. Just BTC for 2.18.
- zimzala: $PI $THS #woodshed
- Wolf: $PI Reports after the bell. Holding over earnings.
- zimzala: $PI setting up for an inside day and possibly looking to start filling the gap on Monday.
- harrylan1: $PI Approaching breakout point.
- Sphinx: Angling for a date with the 100sma @ 44 range...@harrylan1 $PI
- Wolf: $PI Up 2.8%, peeking above the 50DMA.
- Sphinx: I'm short Oct. puts Wolf..Think this works its way higher in the near term @Wolf $PI
- Wolf: $PI up 6.8%, Broke out of it's recent range. Thinking it will test the 50DMA this week. Long long term and trading position.
- genki: $PI$MOMO@Dan Hi Dan, would you buy these now? Thanks.
- DAN: @genki $PI $MOMO HI genki. I really wouldn't. I think PI is going a bit higher (....maybe). MOMO -- maybe a bit higher. But both have sold off and have pretty solid and low ceilings of supply. But I don't think it's "wrong" to buy them ...
- genki: @DAN $PI $MOMO $AMZN $WFM #1 Hi Dan, thanks for the insight. I was looking for comeback like $NCLH did around 5/17/17. I guess this kind of comeback does not happen often?
- DAN: @genki $PI $MOMO $AMZN $WFM $NCLH #1 Hmmm. $PI still moving higher, genki. I think I steered you the wrong way on PI. Still going higher. ;-\
- genki: @DAN $PI $MOMO $AMZN $WFM $NCLH #1 I was just contemplating. Switching stock, do you think AMZN bottomed today with higher vol and a hammer?
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are down this morning as the North Korean situation starts to matter. I haven't been positive on gold because I just haven't seen much movement. However, it's starting to perk up, so I think it's worth mentioning. A move abo ...
- ROSEY: @DAN $GLD $MDY $IWM $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $NVDA $AAOI $PI $LOGM The comments in the A.M. are so helpful in direction of the day and then the nighttime videos help so much also, but you already knew that. Thanks Dan.
- DAN: @ROSEY $GLD $MDY $IWM $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $NVDA $AAOI $PI $LOGM Hey Rosey. Thanks very much for the great feedback. I'm glad the combo is working for you! 8-)
- Wolf: $PI #trade Held over earnings with a 8/18 50/60 bear CS 2.40 net credit on entire position. Added 1/3 @ 38.75. Will add more when it closes above 40 with volume. Long term hold in IRA. No action.
- Iceman: #Premarket $EFII -37%. $AAOI -25% on Q2 earnings. $PI -21% on Q2 earnings. $INFN -13% on Q2 earnings. $MELI -9% on Q2 earnings. $VIAB -9% on Q2 earnings.
- Bridget: $PI down big, but holding at the 200dMA
- issues: Bought $AAOI $72 and $SWIR $25. Still holding $ANET but considering selling some. Sold 1/4 $PI (even).
- Nepenthe: @DAN $SWIR $AAOI $EFII $PI And I imagine $PI would fall into the same category of " wait until the next day?" No position, but tempted this morning, and now floundering around 38 or so. Will wait until tomorrow, oops, Monday to reassess. Safe travels.
- issues: @Bridget $PI Looks like water coming out the end of a garden hose. Still holding 1/2 position.
- DAN: @Nepenthe $SWIR $AAOI $EFII $PI Probably wait until Monday...though it is still holding at the 200 day moving average. So that seems to be a logical support level. But I'm not sure you'd be missing a similar entry on Monday. Your choice.
- shoredriver: $PI Down big....np
- JJT1: @shoredriver $PI $AAOI Apparently there is a conspiracy going on as companies beat on profits and revs and then lower guidance going forward...
- shoredriver: @JJT1 $PI $AAOI saw the earnings, did not see g-drop yet
- Wolf: $PI Reports earnings next week (8/3 AMC). It is sitting just above the 50DMA. Good buying opportunity if you want to hold over earnings. Long large LT position (IRA) Long medium in trading with 50 CC @3.30
- Wolf: $PI Up 3%. Bounce off the 50 DMA back above the 20 DMA. Earnings 8/3. BTC 55 CC @ .11 (1.40 gain), short weekly naked 50 put @ 1.00, should expire OOM.
- trader123: $PI Moving higher on day 5 of advance.
- Wolf: $PI Swimming upstream in down market. If 54.50 holds today, may add.
- issues: @audrina0904 $ESNT It's very choppy - like a meat cutter. 1/2 position. I sold $ICLR when it was headed down. Now it's up big. I am not going to do that with $PI $AAOI $ANET $AMAT $AEIS etc.
- Wolf: @issues $PI Restarted my trading position today. Still have my LTH.
- audrina0904: $PI - Impinj caught a downgrade today, may turn in to a buying opp if you want in here...
- tcw23: @Dan is the flag pattern for $PI dead?
- DAN: @tcw23 $PI A strong gale wind blew it off the flag pole.
- infocus: @DAN $PI Buying opportunity on first "green light?
- issues: @DAN $PI That's very funny Danny! Thanks for the snicker. I got a mental picture of the gale force wind blowing it off the pole. Ho oh ho ho ho.
- DAN: @infocus $PI Not something I'd be buying right now. Tomrrow or the next? PErhaps. But this is a distribution day, plain and simple.
- issues: My biggest loser today is PI. I put $PI into the LTH category and this drop is really causing me to question that. However, it is still above the 50 day. I am holding but considering putting in a stop. If I put in a stop then it's not a LTH, right? I thought this week would be "window covering" for funds to look good at the end of the first half of the year. But wait. If it's dropping now with "window dressing" what will it do when we start the July swoon? Hopefully earnings will pull us out of the dumps.
- Bridget: $PI this one is looking good here consolidating just below the all time high.
- DAN: Impinj ($PI) is still forming a bull flag. Holding up just fine, and 27% of float is short. This is a power move. Your risk on the trade should be determined by your position size and your stop. My suggested stop on the trade would be around $52. ...
- infocus: $PI Thanks for the "walk through". I was in this stock for a while and took a good profit, thus becoming a "sold out bull" to quote you. BTO now @57.78 with stop @52.90
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $PI Impinj Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=PI&clip=87392
- michaelH: @DAN $PI When trading options do you place the stop on the option price, or do you set an alert based on the stock price/activity/chart, then sell the option if the alert is hit? (I've never charted an option!!!!)
- Junior1: @michaelH @DAN $PI You can do either, I use an alert based on the underlying. But the risk factor should be calculated, as Dan is suggesting. You can get a graphical feel for risk/position size using the "Risk Profile" on whatever trading platform you use for options. Think or Swim has an excellent interface for this.
- DAN: $PI -- stock is very strong. After Friday's power move, the stock isn't backing off. 27% of float is short. Has potential to benefit from $AMZN/$WFM deal.
- Hank1: @Dan ... $PI ... If it closes above 55.70 i'll be adding. Thanks Dan.
- DAN: @Hank1 $PI The true breakout point would be around $57 (above Tuesday's high). But the strength of the stock is pretty impressive. I still have a small position. Actually, all of my positions are pretty small. The risk of a pullback is always there, and I'm focusing more on capital preservation.
- Wolf: $pi sold a little today. Will try to add back on a pullback.
|Stock Price||$USD 30.59|
Impinj Inc provides ultra high frequency radio frequency identification solutions for identifying, locating, and authenticating items.Request Video of PI
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 19th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 20.28 24.52%
- $USD 7.37 24.47%
- $USD 63.26 16.61%
- $USD 47.26 -23.35%
- $USD 29.18 -22.36%
- $USD 26.29 -17.06%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 66,500 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (66,500) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!