Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR)
Old Forum Content for MURMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- joelsg1: @DAN $ROST $SPY $DJI $IYT $MDY $IWM $QQQ $EOG $XLE $MUR $OXY $PXD $OVV $SM $LLY $BTU $AMR $VRTX $CPA $TSLA hey @Dan, Pls. Fix your mic, mucho static.
- DAN: @joelsg1 $ROST $SPY $DJI $IYT $MDY $IWM $QQQ $EOG $XLE $MUR $OXY $PXD $OVV $SM $LLY $BTU $AMR $VRTX $CPA $TSLA Really? I just listened to both videos and they sound fine to me.
$MUR -- We like this kind of pullback. Pullback is on declining volume. But I wouldn’t buy it here. There’s no reason to. Alet $45 and $50
$OXY -- This is better. Flattening…and holding the 50-day MA. This is buyable here as ...
- vitoB: $XLE sparking $DVN $MUR $PBF and $PBT ! Up big. Can’t really chase these. Was looking at charts that did not make a new weekly low on Friday but down big around key moving avg still. $TTD Surprised me on this list. It did close below 50 and at the bottom on big volume. Above $63 is pounce point.
- Carpe_Diem: @champ $DVN - I like how several Oil and gas plays are setting up here. $VNOM $LNG $HES $CLR $MUR $EQT to name a few. I'm sure you have many more.
- traderbren: #Weekly_charts: some ideas to keep an eye on based on their Weeklies: $MUR, $HZNP, $GPK, $ACGL, $PDCE, $AMH, $AGRO, $BCH, $AIG, $CMRE, $EXEL, $DAR, $CPE, $SCCO, $TSC
- Docoof: @traderbren $MUR $HZNP $GPK $ACGL $PDCE $AMH $AGRO $BCH $AIG $CMRE $EXEL $DAR $CPE $SCCO $TSC #Weekly_charts (FWIW) $BAC discusses $GPK several times a week, including today. They rate is it as Buy with a pt of $27.00.
$MUR -- Great uptrend. Hope for a drift back to the 50dma
$BG -- Same trend. Hope for pullback.
$EXR -- REIT (Industrial). Probably needs more work. Relatively slow mover.
Aerospace/Defense: 2022 National Defense Authorization Act -- $25 billi ...
- Carpe_Diem: @scottrades $SU - Did you happen to jump into $MUR? Just curious.
- scottrades: @Carpe_Diem $SU $MUR I did not! I didn't want to get too heavy in one sector.
- Carpe_Diem: @scottrades $SU - I'll join you in on the $SU trade and I also just bought an opening in $MUR
- scottrades: $MUR Nice pattern here @Carpe_Diem
- wineinquirer: $MUR @scottrades...........Fidelity Small Priced Stock has 8.17% of shares.......abnormally lg stake............
- Carpe_Diem: $MUR - Breaking out from the up trend.
- woodman: @vitoB $APA - Relentless march higher in these names. See also $EOG $MRO $AR $CLR $CVX. And $MUR mentioned by @Carpe_Diem below.
- Carpe_Diem: $MUR - Breaking out. Looks really interesting RHRN
- woodman: #Oil and #Gas - some to look at for further consideration. In no particular order: $EGY $CPE $SM $XEC $FANG $MTDR $EOG $NOG $DVN $MUR $PXD $AR $MRO $RRC $COP $CLR $SD $LPI $WLL $BCEI $MGY $KOS
- issues: @woodman $EGY $CPE $SM $XEC $FANG $MTDR $EOG $NOG $DVN $MUR $PXD $AR $MRO $RRC $COP $CLR $SD $LPI $WLL $BCEI $MGY $KOS #Oil #Gas I bought/ added to : $CVX $EOG $XLE $CLR $FANG $XEC $XOP - oil is rising above water! Thank you Mr President!
- joemaurno: @Forexpro $UMC $CMRE $FBP $KT $VEDL $AMX $HTGC $EFC $MUR $NAVI $VALE $HRB $ORI $JNPR Thank you for the post. Much appreciated.
I haven't vetted these in any way apart from the quickest glance at the charts; none of them look like recent disasters. All are priced sub-30, and they vary in industry and market cap. Just some tickers to potentia ...
- scottto_2: #InsideBarList - My OCD kicked in hard on this one - Thanks Sir @Aragorn - $AAL $AAOI $AAPL $ABC $ABT $ABUS $ACAD $ADI $ADS $AEM $AES $AFL $AGCO $AGIO $AIG $AKAM $AKTX $ALE $ALGT $AMCX $AMN $AMP $AMT $AMZN $AN $ANET $ANGI $ANTM $AON $APA $APD $APRN $ ...
- indigo1948: @bRobert $HAL -in it and added $MUR -good risk/reward position.
- bRobert: @indigo1948 $HAL $MUR Many. great refiner trades Goosed with Memorial day. $VLO. $120. potential. $95/$100 interim. Many others
- CraigReynolds: @Wolf $APA Major option buying in this and $MUR
- AdrenalineTrade: $PVAC long at 7 dollars even number. Not ideal entry, but was busy with other positions. $MUR long at 11.75 $QEP reloaded at 0.89 - 0.90 $CPE missed my darn "return to the scene of the crime" play, would have been a beauty
- AdrenalineTrade: $MUR breaking out into gap void, may run a bit
- AdrenalineTrade: $MUR stopped out
- sierramp: $MUR breaking out of a squeeze. It's too high for me to add to now. Will be disciplined and wait for a PB.
- efrain007: @efrain007 $MUR Held the breakout and continuing out of squeeze.
- sierramp: I bought $MUR on Monday after mention by @Bridget. Thank you @Bridget!
- Bridget: @sierramp $MUR Glad that is working for you. Make sure you take profits at extensions and trail your stop.
- sierramp: @Bridget $MUR I hate giving back :)
- bRobert: @Bridget $MUR Great pick. Lovely chart $32+ Reversal target
- bsafriet: @champ $RRC $MUR $NBR $CRZO $FANG $OPEC $GUSH #OIL #today Hi Champ - Oil and oil stocks were up over the weekend and premarket as a result of OPEC production cuts but fell prior to the open when data released showed Chinese exports declined for a 4th straight month. Both Brent and WTI futures fell on the news. I read the news post on the CNBC app, “Oil slips as weak China export data weighs”, published 8:59 PM 8 Dec 2019, and later updated. I was planing a rotation into several oil names as well as a position in $GUSH but this news let the air out of that balloon prior to the open this morning. Hope this clarifies my post.
bsafriet: @bsafriet $RRC $MUR $NBR $CRZO $FANG $OPEC $GUSH #OIL #today
This is the above referenced article.
Oil prices fell on Monday after data showed Chinese exports declined for a fourth straight month, sending jitters through a market already concerned ...
- champ: @bsafriet $RRC $MUR $NBR $CRZO $FANG $OPEC $GUSH #OIL #today --- That OPEC news that you are referring about was Entry on $GUSH and that happened #last-week, started breaking on 12/5 and was confirmed on 12/6. I posted about that News last week. Follow the news closely, for on time entries....Good Luck!
- efrain007: $MUR Squeeze, base at 200d, trying to move over resistance.
- Bridget: $MUR is starting to break out of this squeeze. Check resistance on the weekly chart, close to breaking through.
- efrain007: @efrain007 $MUR Closing over resistance and upper bb though vol is low.
- bsafriet: #OIL China news threw cold water on this trade today. Had a few movers: $RRC, $MUR, $NBR, $CRZO, $FANG. Looking for the group to eventually move on the $OPEC production cuts.
- champ: @bsafriet $RRC $MUR $NBR $CRZO $FANG $OPEC #OIL ---- Really,...I'm holding a swing position in $GUSH and I'm still holding that swing position. .....I haven't seen any negative China News, on the energy sector, from China, on any trades, however they would love to see the price on the Price of Oil drop, the World would also love to see that happen... but maybe I missed it, maybe you could post that News and source. The last past News that I saw was, that there were still supertankers, in route to China, per investing.com. .....The negative news is OPEC and others are cutting back Oil production because the U.S. is still over producing...and also is still fast-tracking even more new pipelines, in Texas, all negative for the price of Oil. ......The only real News that I saw #today 12/9, was that China, purchased another 300,000 tons of Soybeans.
- champ: @bsafriet $RRC $MUR $NBR $CRZO $FANG $OPEC #OIL --- $GUSH....Day-4, I guess you don't see what I see going on in this sector. Watch the Oil inventory numbers, to see if the next weekly numbers, this week will keep this new Oil move, on track.
- normr: $MUR - Breaking out. No news I can find.
- elgie: $MUR to DAN and anyone who has an observation/opinion. Energy stocks perking up today. MUR is in day 2 (or day 3, if you count a small move on Tuesday) of an uptick. Am ready to take a small position, since it's broken near-term resistance. Am I missing any looming danger, other than the ever-present ones haunting everything these days?
- spmeyers: @elgie $MUR stay clear of this; it's up against 50-day, and there is a ton of overhead supply; there are lots of stocks in better position
- Lou: @spmeyers $MUR - I agree. On this one I'd ignore the charts and recognize that it is a fundamentally weak company. I used to love it and luckily bailed with nice profits quite some time ago. Have looked at it occasionally since and see nothing to like. If you're looking for an E & P company - look at $PE $FANG or $APC instead of $MUR.
- Iceman: $MUR #ShortPuts - Bought to close 1 MUR Jan 19 2018 20.0 Put @ 0.05. It won't trade any lower and doesn't expire until next year. Originally sold in May at 1.40 as a #FallingKnife trade.
- bRobert: $MUR added. High short interest
- bRobert: $MUR Adding on pullbacks Weekly squeeze breakout. Shorts 21d to cover
- bRobert: $MUR breakout . Target $32 . Shorts 21d to cover . Ouch. Long calls
- bRobert: $MUR Nice move out of consolidation/base .Hit resist at 200d. Will add on bounce off support or break above 200d Target 1 $30 . High short interest. Long calls. Thanks Dan!
- bRobert: $EOGL $APA . $MUR . $HAL Except for solar I'm not invested in the energy sector. That being said, I'm looking at some of these names as they pullback to test the 50d. The pullback has been on lower volume. This may present a low risk opportunity with a stop just below the 50d. There is so much bearish sentiment and high short interest in many of these names. Give me a green candle and I'll start dipping a toe.
- normr: $MUR - Lower Bollinger Band (daily) to upper in 4 days. Long small positon
10. $MUR – resistance at $36.
11. $NOV – still rangebound.
12. $EOG – high volume breakout. $100 now support.
13. $DVN -- $45 support now.
14. $ESV – breakout above 200-day MA. Would suggest $9.00 as support.
Ag Chemicals ...
- Gary: #NOTES $SPX $DJI $MDY $IWM $DJT $COMPQX $XLV – NO! $XLK – YES. $SMH – yep. $XLF – working….but overbought. $XLP – no. $XLU – no. $XLY – no $XLI – yep. $IYZ – nope. BUT…look at TMUS, VZ, T. $IYT – yep. $FDX $JBHT $CSX $HA $XLV – nope. $XME – YEP. $XLE – Oil stocks are basing with a bullish bias. Getting some buying on dips. Example are: $NBR $MRO $HES $RIG $MUR $MTCH – Working.
- Robert1965: @champ $UWTI $APA $DVN $APC $XOM $TRGP Nice I am surprised that you didn't have $MUR in the list,
- champ: @Robert1965 $UWTI $APA $DVN $APC $XOM $TRGP $MUR - I was day trading about 14 names....and I'm still in 4....$UWTI and $NUGT was the hard ones until the news broke. I hear you but next time please post the name before the move happens.
- champ: @Robert1965 $UWTI $APA $DVN $APC $XOM $TRGP $MUR $NUGT - On $MUR I really like the stock and many other but it's hard to pick all the ones you think will move on Spec day trades before the news....that I was waiting for and I was not really sure it was even going to happen today.....just saying. LOL
- Robert1965: @champ $UWTI $APA $DVN $APC $XOM $TRGP $MUR $NUGT Will do but only caught $MUR until after the move @27.65 still in since my stop was not hit, and closed the near the HOD 28.91, vs 28.98
- janner0814: Wrote this after getting out of a late night meeting in Houston. To unwind 'Listened to @Dan's video regarding $XOP. Good Stuff @Dan!. http://tinyurl.com/smm20160613strat , ' From my database, I think these are the current holdings for the $XOP ETF (ranked in descending order, according to %): $SM, $SWN, $WPX, $CLR, $QEP, $RICE, $WLL, $DVN, $RRC, $EGN, $CRZO, $OAS, $PE, $MUR, $NFX, $XEC, $MRO, $GPOR, $RSPP, $CXO, $AR, $MRD, $PXD, $FANG, $HES, $COG, $APC, $COP, $APA, $EOG, $XOM, $NBL, $CVX, $OXY, $PDCE, $CHK, $MPC, $PSX, $LPI, $TSO, $MTDR, $VLO, $PBF, $DNR, $HFC, $WNR, $CPE, $INT, $GPRE, $DK, $SYRG, $CIE, $CVI, $KOS, $ALJ, $SSLXX, $PARR, And.... U.S. Dollar -2.309401% Please refer to the imbedded graphic for a descending order of the 42 day trend intensity.
- blueberryman: $MUR Another oil E & P ticker that's breaking out above it recent resistance. Stop under $31.
- stevef214: $MUR bouncing off 50DMA. This is an oil stock Dan had mentioned a while back, comes up as uptrend and oversold. Anyone have a position or any thoughts?
- Lou: @stevef214 $MUR = was an favorite of mine for years and I've always done well with it but I liquidated in time and never looked back. It isn't large enough to fight off any downturn and I think that the majors and high quality domestic operators (for instance $FANG and $EOG) make more sense RHRN. Just a prejudice of mine....no current empirical data.
issues: Trying to decide on an oil stock. I compared these: $CRZO $XOP $GPOR $MUR $NBL $CLR $APA $SN $MTDR. On the three month chart the highest was $SN up 195%, then 2nd, 3rd etc in descending order $CLR $CNX $MUR.
The bottom group was $CRZO $APA $NBL. Al ...
- jmat2413: $MUR Breaking above upper BB and 200 day. Any thoughts on this one?
- DAN: @jmat2413 $MUR Nice breakout on this stock. EArnings 4/27. IT's trading with oil. As with all trades these days, I suggest using a trailing stop on the stock. Keep it loose...but make sure you know EXACTLY how much money you are risking. [Price bought - Stop Price] x # of shares = $ Risk. Know this formula as well as you do 1 + 2 = 3
- Lou: @Seth $AA $PCP - I really don't know, but probably. Generally, in my experience, after a split the stepchild gets thrown away as investors focus on the favorite. Recall that when $MUR and $COP spun off $MUSA and $PSX the latter two were kicked out by the institutions that held the pre-split positions. That was a great time to buy them (I bought both) and they have since outperformed the institutional favorites.
$CVX $FLR $HBI $LEG $LNC $LRCX $MU $MUR $NOV $NSC $RIG(w/o r/e: 8/5) $URBN $XOM $XYL $YHOO
Finally, the Special What to Do? $ZTS, potential "J" hook/Inverse HS/Cup&Handle Breakout. R/E: 8/4/15 Tuesday!
- Lou: @msb _ not looking back on $PGN. I was wrong and am sorry others followed me into that stinker of a trade. I thought I might replicate my big winners when $MUSA was spun off from $MUR and $PSX was spun off from $COP. No such luck with this spinoff from $NE.
- Iceman: $MUR #ShortPuts #ManagingWinners - Bought to close 1 MUR Jul 17 2015 35.0 Put @ 0.05 to take me out of my last position in this stock. Originally sold this one in December for 1.10. $MUR has bounced multiple times in the 42 area but it may not hold this time around. Oil/OilService stocks lead the SP500 decliners today.
- Iceman: @LTCSteve $FANG - not sure why you were so ready to re-buy it only a dollar lower. Hope your new stop is tight. This group is turning back down. See the charts on $RIG $APA $NE $MUR $NBL $XEC $DO $QEP and others for confirmation
$MUR Apr 17 2015 42.5 Puts
$MUR Apr 17 2015 45 Puts
$NBR Apr 17 2015 15 Calls (Covered)
$NE Apr 17 2015 17 Calls (Covered)
$NE Apr 17 2015 19 Calls
$OKE Apr 17 2015 57.5 Calls
$PCLN Apr 17 2015 1300 Calls
$PCLN Apr 17 2015 1305 Calls
$PCLN Apr 17 20 ...
- Lou: I continue to own and seek to build energy positions. While I'm happy to have been early to the party in $WFT $EOG $SLB $WLL and $ESV (some shares, some short puts) I keep looking wistfully at $LNG and have some teaser bids out there for short puts. Also, considering welcoming an old friend, $MUR back into my portfolio. There is probably time on this one but it has made me some substantial profits in the past so I'm thinking about an encore.
$MUR not seeing support for 3 more bucks yet
$AON 50 day is at the lower 3rd band, where it closed. Bounce?
$GLW the 100 day is only 0.30 or so lower
$INTC better hope 30.50 holds, and that's 1.20 lower than the close
$BEN support looks maybe a ...
- dunsek: 10 out of 15 of the lower 3rd std dev bb touchers are bouncing so far. $INTC looking the best, followed by $MUR np.
- dunsek: $MUR, $OXY, $BHI, $PXD all looking pretty similar on the 5 minute- big whooosh, smaller whoosh and then a claw back to halfway up the opening candle and some sideways churning. We may have reached equilibrium today, though $PXD looks like it wants to take out the opening high.
- Lou: @Forexpro - Kevin, I'm seeing it in $KOG, $WFT, $HAL - no impact yet on $MUR or $NE. Thanks and cheers!
- Lou: Posted on OMM in reply to a question about $PGN dividends: Prospectus on the split off from $NE states that $PGN will devote about 80 to 90 mil to dividends from the git go. Based on shares outstanding, that's a bit more than 10 percent per annum. It is cash flow positive as it acquired working drill rigs in mid contract paying daily rates. The dumping is because $NE is owned by a number of institutions that have no interest in keeping the smaller number of cheap $PGN shares they got in the split. I played the same thesis when $MUSA was spun out of $MUR. Same kind of trading, first the $MUSA dump then the new buyers brought it up.
- Lou: @issues - I own a number of oil and oil service stocks. Not that great at it so I won't give you a current list. Some are up - I've been posting about $KOG and $MUR for a long time, some are down - I mentioned $ESV today and $NE recently, and some I failed to sell when they were a good bit higher but I'm still ahead. I bailed on $SLB a couple of week ago for no reason other than wanted to ring the cash register and I got out on time from $RIG to move into $WFT (decent timing). Anyway, on these don't follow me as I'm not an expert. I just steal ideas from talking heads.
- Lou: Good morning - won't be around much today so I'm calling attention to stalwart quarters/news for $NRF, $MUSA, $ETP. Will be listening to conference calls. Also, need to review $MUR and $ACAS. Will also finish buying my next yieldhog $PGN. Gym and then possibly more much later. Hasta Luego.
- Lou: Nice Q for $MUSA - stock up AH. Repurchase program and div increase for $MUR. Still holding both for LT. Recall my thesis on $MUSA - same kind of thinking with regard to $PGN, which may be bottoming RHRN. I've added and am now almost full.
- Lou: Keep an eye on $PGN the low tech driller spun off today by $NE. It is down more than 5.6%. Shareholders of $NE got one share of $PGN for each three shares of $NE they owned. No one seems to have a large position and it is being actively kicked out ...
Lou: @NapoleonSolo - apropos of your post, here's SA email I got with respect to $MUR:
Eagle Ford condensate producers win, refiners lose in oil export decision
Jun 25 2014, 19:17 ET
The decision to allow two Texas companies to export condensates lo ...
- Lou: $MUR $KOG $ETP $EXPD - because I am involved with a large number of stocks I manage my investments by exception - when all seems to be going in one direction I pay more attention to the red headed stepchildren that seem to be trading against the flow. Mine today are the four in the caption. After reviewing them I see no reason for them to be jettisoned RHRN. Still like all four a lot on fundamental prospects and my investment thesis on each of them has not changed. Verdict: no action.
Lou: $WFT $MUR $CHRW $AIG $ETP $EXPD $MUSA - hope all who celebrate had a great Easter or are enjoying the Passover holidays.
I am holding a good bit of cash and am thinking of adding to some existing positions that are underrepresented in my portfoli ...
- Tim S: Earnings Reports Today: BEFORE OPEN 1800FLOWERS.COM $FLWS BIOGEN IDEC INC $BIIB BOEING CO $BA $DOW CHEMICAL $DOW $EMC CORP -MASS $EMC ENERGIZER HLDGS $ENR HESS CORP $HES HUDSON CITY BCP $HCBK JETBLUE AIRWAYS $JBLU MARATHON PETROL $MPC MCCORMICK & $CO $MKC MEADWESTVACO CP $MWV PHILLIPS 66 $PSX PHILLIPS 66 $PTR PSXP PIPER JAFFRAY $PJC ROCKWELL AUTOMT $ROK SILICON LAB INC $SLAB SOUTHERN CO $SO TUPPERWARE BRND $TUP VALERO ENERGY $VLO WELLPOINT INC $WLP AFTER MARKET CLOSE CABOT CORP $CBT $CACI INTL A $CACI CADENCE DESIGN $CDNS @CALLAWAY GOLF $ELY CITRIX SYS INC CTXS $CORE LABS NV $CLB FACEBOOK INC-A $FB FLEXTRONIC INTL $FLEX FORTINET INC $FTNT HANESBRANDS INC $HBI LAM RESEARCH $LRCX $LAS VEGAS SANDS $LVS MELLANOX TECH $MLNX MURPHY OIL $MUR PAREXEL INTL $CP $PRXL QLOGIC CORP $QLGC QUALCOMM INC $QCOM SERVICENOW INC $NOW SYMANTEC CORP $SYMC TETRA TECH NEW $TTEK TRACTOR SUPPLY $TSCO VERTEX PHARM $VRTX VISTAPRINT NV VPRT
- Tim S: EARNINGS REPORTS TOMORROW: BEFORE OPEN 1800FLOWERS.COM $FLWS $0.26 BIOGEN IDEC INC $BIIB $2.22 BOEING CO $BA $1.58 $DOW CHEMICAL $DOW $0.43 $EMC CORP -MASS $EMC $0.50 ENERGIZER HLDGS $ENR $2.16 HESS CORP $HES $1.09 HUDSON CITY BCP $HCBK $0.07 JETBLUE AIRWAYS $JBLU $0.13 MARATHON PETROL $MPC $1.16 MCCORMICK & $CO $MKC $1.19 MEADWESTVACO CP $MWV $0.23 PHILLIPS 66 $PSX $1.00 PHILLIPS 66 $PTR PSXP $0.24 PIPER JAFFRAY $PJC $0.73 ROCKWELL AUTOMT $ROK $1.39 SILICON LAB INC $SLAB $0.27 SOUTHERN CO $SO $0.46 TUPPERWARE BRND $TUP $1.83 VALERO ENERGY $VLO $1.69 WELLPOINT INC $WLP $0.86 AFTER MARKET CLOSE CABOT CORP $CBT $0.72 $CACI INTL A $CACI $1.39 CADENCE DESIGN $CDNS $0.14 @CALLAWAY GOLF $ELY $(0.32) CITRIX SYS INC CTXS $0.79 $CORE LABS NV $CLB $1.40 FACEBOOK INC-A $FB $0.21 FLEXTRONIC INTL $FLEX $0.21 FORTINET INC $FTNT $0.09 HANESBRANDS INC $HBI $0.90 LAM RESEARCH $LRCX $1.03 $LAS VEGAS SANDS $LVS $0.85 MELLANOX TECH $MLNX $(0.05) MURPHY OIL $MUR $1.12 PAREXEL INTL $CP $PRXL $0.49 QLOGIC CORP $QLGC $0.19 QUALCOMM INC $QCOM $1.10 SERVICENOW INC $NOW $(0.16) SYMANTEC CORP $SYMC $0.39 TETRA TECH NEW $TTEK $0.38 TRACTOR SUPPLY $TSCO $0.65 VERTEX PHARM $VRTX $(0.57) VISTAPRINT NV $VPRT $1.00
- Lou: $WTIC, $AREX, $HAL, $ROSE (WFT $SLB RIG $MUR KOG USO) @msb - I agree with your thesis. I'm long several oil names and looking to reenter others. I posted yesterday regarding $WFT, which may well be compelling #RHRN. I'm waiting to reenter $KOG & $RIG - though not just yet and $MUR is one of my long term holdings, suffering a small blip to the downside but I believe has significant upside - not #RHRN. With respect to $USO, I consider it a short term trading vehicle but I stay away because it is subject to contango (any one who doesn't know contango should look it up in Wikipedia). @Lou
- Lou: $MUSA @BuffaloBill - my thesis is that those who were long $MUR at the split got .25 shares of $MUSA for each $MUR share they owned. Lots of institutions owned $MUR then and still own it. Too small to bother with and relatively small cap to boot. When it didn't pop they started liquidating as they don't want to own a smaller cap name. Sort of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. My reason for owning is the fundamentals. I now own a full position - shares I got from $MUR plus several adds. I like the real estate, earnings and future dividends plays so I'm sticking with it, My final buy was today at $41.50.
- woodman: $MUR - continuing its move out of consolidation that happened just below the 200 day.
- Lou: $MUSA @jnag698 - just a smaller cap value play. The company, spun off from $MUR, owns and operates convenience stores/gas stations adjacent to $WMT stores. Expanding with $WMT, very sound balance sheet, valuable real estate and, in my opinion, will establish a generous #dividend as they grow the asset base. I just saw an opportunity to add again at today's close. Also, on a technical basis, there are almost no losing holders so @DAN's IPO strategy is at work.
- woodman: $MUR - talking about energy, this one is working. One of @Lou's favorites. Mine too, now. ;)
- BuffaloBill: $MUR at current rate of acceleration from 64.30 @tp 74.00 will be in 22 days/ Excellent.
- woodman: $MUR - I like the look of it. Long as well.
- Lou: $MUR MUSA - $MUR is a long term holding for me as well - had planned to add some by selling 65 puts on Tuesday for December - looks like I'm likely to keep the premium and not add the shares - oh well, rinse and repeat. Has anyone been following MUSA? Nice move since I pointed it out at about 41.50 as a "@DAN IPO Strategy" situation.
- GOOSE: $MUR, $MUSA @Lou, Yes @Lou, I have $MUR & $MUSA DEC 20 67.50 & 45.0 SHORT PUTS. No stock. Thank you.
- woodman: $MUR - I think I mentioned this one recently. It's broken through resistance at the 200 day. Long MUR.
- Lou: $MUR - one of my looong time favorites. Holding full position. @Lou
- BuffaloBill: $MUR @woodman Thanks for posts, long from Monday after the ascending triple top http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.pnf?chart=mur,PLTADANRBO[PA][D][F1!3!!!2!20]&pref=G
- woodman: $MUR - fwiw, @Steve Grasso was just saying refiners could pullback given the run, developments with IRAN, and what he thought might be a tightening of the gap btwn $WTI and Brent, if I heard him correctly. I sold my $TSO today as it made a lower low (first in 10 days) and is now trading inside the BBs (it had been trading up and above the top BB). It's had a good run so I wanted to put my marbles elsewhere.
Murphy Oil Corporation is an oil and gas exploration and production company with refining and marketing operations in the United States and the United Kingdom.Request Video of MUR
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $58.48 -1.93%
- $154.52 -3.14%
- $9.67 -3.75%
- $12.73 -15.67%
- $9.66 -15.59%
- $9.63 -13.21%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 90,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (90,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!