Alibaba Group Holding Limited American Depositary Shares each representing one (NYSE:BABA)
Old Forum Content for BABAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- kt4000: $MRK doing well today.... $ADBE down but picked up more.... $DOCU what a gift @ 55.+... $PYPL going nowhere (hopefully at the end of the day) ..... $BABA buying more - I want $RHT but .... @ < 144.00
- bRobert: $BABA Using Pullbacks to low $200 flag area to trade around a core.
- kt4000: $DOCU sold Yesterday - buying back this morning..... Waiting for entry of 201 or better for $BABA, $MRK under 60.50
- bsafriet: $BABA $FANH $BZUN $MOMO $ATHM Long all and concerned about the impact of the current dust-up over tariffs with China. Prices sold off but have, for the most part, recovered. Would welcome thoughts, ideas, recommendations from all here as I respect everyone’s thoughts and ideas. The big question is whether to liquidate all, tighten stops or just stand pat ahead of the w/e.
- issues: @bsafriet $BABA $FANH $BZUN $MOMO $ATHM Dan says just go by the charts. What are they telling you? I don't see any impact yet. So I am not concerned about tariffs on these Chinese stocks. Not yet. Will let you know after it happens, ho ho ho!
- JBed: @bsafriet $BABA $FANH $BZUN $MOMO $ATHM Took profits yesterday on $$BZUN. Took partial profits today on $MOMO long calls expiring 7/20. Will watch before getting back in, but did retain one long call $MOMO just to see.
- bsafriet: @issues $BABA $FANH $BZUN $MOMO $ATHM That’s the problem with charts! Tells us where we’ve been but not where we are going! My concerns have abated somewhat with price movement in the market and the news flow. Holding all over the w/e and hope we see more clarity in the situation. Don’t see much point to selling rhrn. Thanks to all for comments. Best wishes and have a great w/e.
- bRobert: $BABA . Oozing out on weekly. Holding stock. Adding on pb. Long leap calls . Target 1 $230 . MUCH higher long term
- BobbyG: Looks like $BABA is going to leave 210 in the dust. Long calls
- optionswealth: @BobbyG $BABA I've been waiting for that. I was encouraged when one of the regulars on Fast Money chose it as their last call or maybe just commented that he had just bought some more and it was going higher. He didn't give a target. Of course, the next day it was lower. LOL Now it seems to be walking up the 20 day. I'm holding long calls.
- JustJoe: @optionswealth $BABA.....BABA has habit of say HAHA at folks that buy it...that said you know it's going higher in the long term.
- optionswealth: @JustJoe $BABA Right now I see a $206 to $211 range it needs to break out of. So maybe a little more up and down first unless this tech market can hold onto going up for a few more days.
- optionswealth: @nestorsch1 $NVDA I looked at a couple of tech charts and just after 3:00, its shows 3:07 both gapped down. $BABA $LRCX $NVDA so check a few others and see if that is persistent. $NDX shows the same gap at that time.
- nestorsch1: @optionswealth $NVDA $BABA $LRCX $NDX it seems like it reached the VWAP level and started picking up again. Maybe old supply? There was one particular news that spoke about funds coming out big from an ETF which would indicate institutional selling? $QQQ and $SOX both selling at the same time...
- kt4000: $BABA $DOCU $GNTX $KSHB $MRK $STM $CAG $DRRX - Really don't have to change anything right now just monitor it and don't let my trigger finger get the best of me.
- BobbyG: $BABA 8DMA is supporting. Looking for the next leg higher.
- bRobert: $BABA Look at the weekly. This stock has move sideways for nearly a year consolidating a 100% . move. Leaving the range on the weekly. Target 1 $250. Should be a great holding stock. Long leap calls.
- bRobert: @BobbyG $BABA See above
- BobbyG: @bRobert $BABA Do you buy LEAPS ATM?
- bRobert: @BobbyG $BABA Leap spreads eg Jan $210 . - 240 .
- BobbyG: @bRobert $BABA Got it. I have a small call position right now, IV rank is so low.
$BABA 9% > 50 SMA ; $WRD 9% > 50 SMA ; $IDTI 8% > 50 SMA ; $TRU 8% > 50 SMA ; $MA 8% > 50 SMA
$PLNT 7% > 50 SMA ; $ADBE 7% > 50 SMA ; $ENTG 7% > 50 SMA ; $BOFI 7% > 50 SMA ; $SUPN 7% > 50 SMA
$ETFC 6% > ...
- babas: $BABA Trying to use pivot points and looking for an entry. @Dan has already said trade at will with a stop at $198. Would today's stock movement change any of the above ?
- mopick: @babas $BABA, very disappointing action after an upgrade by Susquehanna from $220-$305.
- mopick: $BABA, "Altaba, formerly Yahoo, is tendering an offer for about 24% of it's shares using the shares of $BABA as currency for the purchase. It's share has now been reduced from 15% to 11%." Maybe that's accounting for the drop.
- nestorsch1: @mopick $BABA I wish ToS would show more significant news on time. Where did you read it? I tried one call contract and got stopped 2 minutes after. I was testing the waters and it was freezing :-)
- mopick: @nestorsch1 $BABA, found it on Cramer's site, 'Real Money' by the writer, Tony Owusu, "Altaba is looking to buy back 24% of it's shares."
- Reif99: I think what's happening is they are cashing out of some of their $BABA after the big run up.
- geothrills: $QQQ Looks to be extending Friday's nudge outside of it's upper (then flat, now expanding) bollinger band. $BABA and $AAPL working well for me this morning.
- issues: Looking at $HQY reporting today. Cramer said it's just too hot to touch with a pe of 72. Watching $ANDV (good base for a jump up) & $EPAM! Cramer said $MZOR and $CPRT ok. Packaging, Cramer likes $ACN, but I prefer $PRFT - much better ratings on IBD. I just bought 1/2 position $PRFT! Great chart but extended. But as Dan says, "It gets more extendener!" I bought small starters in $BIDU & $BABA and on Dan's SMM "Stocks" weekend - bought small $NTNX $H $ASND $NKTR (sold at a small loss). Thanks to you folks I added several hundred shares of $OXLC. Good tip from whomever suggested it. Thanks! Earnings for tomorrow $OLLI -Wed $FIVE -TH $AVGO Cramer likes the clouds: $ADBE $CRM $NOW $SPLK $RHT $WDAY and even the worst $VMW. We have positions in $NOW $SPLK.
6. $BABA – you can be a bit fearless here...as long as you keep a stop below $200.
7. $DOCU – use 60 minute chart. Stop goes below $50.
8. $FB – still going.
9. $ANET – breaking out. Alert $270
10. $PVH – Alert $162.5 ...
- BobbyG: $BABA Can $BABA hold 200 today? NP yet
- mopick: @BobbyG $BABA, looking good here. Tempted to start a position as well.
- Hank1: @BobbyG $BABA ... i like the 5% volatility squeeze and the fact that it's been consolidating for a few months. One of the recent price targets is 300 (Raymond James). i expect a good press release out of China this weekend. I'll be adding to my position if it closes above 200. I may even buy a call or two.
- RedLeaf1: $BABA Holy cow, up $5 and still climbing.
- Geewhiz: @BobbyG $BABA @BoobyG $BABA $BABA STO 6/15 195/202,50 BUPS at 2.06 Thank you for the alert.
- Danzguy: @RedLeaf1 $BABA What a Friday this day turned out to be!!! It's raining money in the Markets!! Cheers!!
- RedLeaf1: @Danzguy $BABA LOL!
6. $BABA – break out.
7. $FB – Under buying pressure…even though millennials are dropping off.
8. $TCEHY – long term holders – here’s you $2.80 risk trade.
9. $H – Alert fired on Friday. This is a clean br ...
- BobbyG: $BABA looking interesting. Needs to hold above 200.
- traderbren: $BABA - cleared $200
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $BABA Alibaba Group Holding Limited American Depositary Shares each representing one. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=BABA&clip=99494
- CHOFF: $BABA really looking interesting here. Sloppy W pattern and cup and handle. If volume increases, this could be a nice winner quite soon
- bsafriet: $BABA entry at 201.18, stop at 191.98
8. $BABA – super sloppy. Watch for breakout above $200...but this is NOT a tight consolidation. Alert $201
- geothrills: $BABA $AAPL $NVDA - I had profiled some bear call credit spreads on these stocks over the past week (set to expire Friday), and with most of the gains made, I can't find a compelling reason to leave the risk on the table through the end of the week. The $BABA $200/$202.50 spread is the most dangerous (and thus the least profitable), but had still captured about 30% of its value by the time I closed it this morning. The $AAPL $190/192.50 and $NVDA $260/$262.50 were quite close to max profit. $NVDA would very likely have been safe to let expire, but the marginal remaining gains to be had aren't, to me, worth exchanging the peace of mind of having had a profitable week with no more risk on the table.
- RedLeaf1: @JBed $BABA Thanks for your suggestion yesterday to sell part of my position in $BABA [trading at approx $199] and watch it. Was able to get back in this morning at $195.50 and stock is closing today around $196.
- RedLeaf1: $BABA I was only able to enter half a position in $BABA last week at $94.50 and now it has taken off to $199. Not sure if it's wise to add the other half at this level.
- JBed: @RedLeaf1 $BABA Might be some psychological resistance at $200 but you could sell part now at HOD and watch the rest.
- RedLeaf1: @JBed $BABA Great idea, thanks.
geothrills: $AAPL & $BABA Credit Spreads - Update & Thoughts
The $AAPL May 18 $190/$192.50 bear call credit spread I sold on Monday is going against me, although not in a major way. With over a week to go until expiration, and the stock continuing to e ...
- bwcarnation1: $BABA $NVDA got tied up at 9:31 so only had time to add to these, should have added more but had to do it on the fly and leave so hesitated
Update: The $180/$177.50 Bull Put Credit Spread I wrote on $BABA last Friday has already captured 50% of its net 22% yield. Given today's upside continuation and expanding bollinger bands, I think this spread is going to be fairly safe and will let ...
- Hank1: $BABA ... Good looking volatility squeeze. Long.
- woodman: @Hank1 $BABA - short term, nice pop. Could run further, but the chart overall looks like an A-fib EKG.
- Motorman: @woodman $BABA Interesting graphic!
- Hank1: @woodman $BABA ... sure does look like A-fib. But in addition to the squeeze, i like their earnings beat, today's volume and its proximity to the 50 and 200-day. The China news has really put a cap on any rallies this year. If trade talks with China go downhill then the chart will probably morph into V-fib. But IF (big IF) we get something good out of this weeks talks, I think we make a new high.
geothrills: $BABA - Selling out of the money bull put spreads with 22% yield in three weeks.
Sold to Open $BABA May 25th $180 puts
Bought to Open $BABA May 25th $177.50 puts
Net Credit: $0.55 per spread (Maximum risk of $1.95 per spread)
This trade is predicat ...
- DAN: $WUBA -- breaking through R3 this morning. Chinese stocks are all up this morning. Weibo ($WB) (off support), AliBaba ($BABA) up above the 200-day MA, Baidu ($BIDU) up a bit, and Chinese Lodging Group ($HTHT), which marketdude pointed to this morning (thanks, marketdude), is breaking out. The ones that are interesting to me are WUBA and HTHT. --Dan
- Kasey: @DAN $WUBA $WB $BABA $BIDU $HTHT yes, I received a $WUBA alert. Its just pulling back now, what do you recommend?
- DAN: @Kasey $WUBA $WB $BABA $BIDU $HTHT Stop below today's intraday low. Currently, that's about four bucks below current levels. So you're risking approximately $400 for each 100 shares you buy. Make sure that you define your risk! There are no guarantees in trading except that failure to define risk consistently guarantees eventual failure.
- gbwusc: @DAN $WUBA $WB $BABA $BIDU $HTHT Just a heads up in case it factors into anyone's decision making, HTHT splits 4 to 1 on May 25
- DAN: @gbwusc $WUBA $WB $BABA $BIDU $HTHT Thanks for posting that, gbwusc. I wasn't aware of that.
I'm mildly surprised to see the E-mini futures down (not a lot, 3.50 points to 2671, but still ...) with so many marquee names up big. $AMZN, $MSFT and $INTC are all up nicely, and $BABA, $NVDA and $NFLX are all showing decent gains. Financials are ...
- rck89: @Forexpro $AMZN $MSFT $INTC $BABA $NVDA $NFLX Mmm? I share your "queasiness", but I've learned not to fight the tape! So let's see how the day plays out - at least through the open! Still have to figure how I trade my $AMZN May 1530 calls??? Thanks for your helpful comments and updates!
- DAN: @rck89 $AMZN $MSFT $INTC $BABA $NVDA $NFLX Nice to see you have those calls, rck89. Stock is down $20 from its morning high at 8:50. But anything can happen once the opening bell goes "ding, ding, ding, ding!" You know what I'd suggest: ("Sell half...and then see what happens.....") --Dan
- rck89: @DAN $AMZN $MSFT $INTC $BABA $NVDA $NFLX Got it! And I've also got $INTC calls!
- tkcoretrader: @DAN $AMZN $MSFT $INTC $BABA $NVDA $NFLX I really enjoyed your teaching on charts over the past 3 years. The last webinar allowed me to reinforce what I have learned with sucess. Thanks for all you do and your team.
- spmeyers: @Forexpro $AMZN $MSFT $INTC $BABA $NVDA $NFLX yeah, surprised me too; seems like every time the clouds seem to be parting they come back around! good luck.
- JustJoe: @Danzguy $LRCX $BABA $ISRG $WING....good to know, I spiced up my portfolio a few days ago with with some WING.
- Danzguy: FWIW - $LRCX has been dropped from the IBD50 list. $BABA went on as well as $BABA, $ISRG and $WING. Have a great day!
- Wykeman: @Danzguy $LRCX $BABA $ISRG $WING thanks for info
- BobbyG: $BABA looks good here with earnings about two weeks out. Starter call position (May 180).
4. $BABA – short? Stop above $180.
5. $AMZN – scary pattern.
6. $TSLA – Whew! Company will be cash flow positive and profitable in Q3 and 4. Silly me for doubting Enron Musk.
7. $ANET – OFF the GSL.
8. $PAGS – This i ...
- rck89: $BABA Watching this stock which is right on its 200-dma. Assuming we don't "go to war" with China, this would seem to be at a good buy point. Thoughts, please.
- DrScience: $BABA options active in APR and MAY; looks like trader rolled a straddle 10K times. Stock moving above yesterday's high. Long May 180 Calls.
- Remington: @DrScience $BABA I believe $BABA will be going to what is the equivalent of SnP500 in China this summer probably a good LT to hold , been building position for last few weeks
- martyrb3: $IQ Small spec position just to watch. Spin off of streaming unit of $BIDU; most popular streamer in China. Getting label of “Chinese Netflix”?? IPO on NASDAQ last Thursday raised $2.3 Billion. Has competition from $BABA and $TCEHY; will need help from parent $BIDU
- BobbyG: $BABA looks interesting here breaking back above the 200. I have cabin fever with this cash position I've been holding... May $175 call. Small position
1. $BABA – This is broken. Jack Ma had a fit over tariffs.
2. $REGI – Not buyable here. Extended energy stock.
3. $MLCO – Macao casino properties. Revs slowing down. Actually contracting Growth Rate.
- issues: $BABA being hit hard today along with other China stocks like $WB $YY (up today!) $WUBA... But BABA is hit the hardest. Still holding. Watched it go from a profit to a loss and I'm still holding on with "white knuckles." IBD rates BABA 3rd with $ETSY as 1st in that category. ETSY has a good looking base for launch, don't ya thunk?
- bsafriet: $ATHM $WB $BABA $BZUN $WUBA $TCEHY As I feared, all the hineese internet stocks are tanking today on capt chaos’s threats of additional tariffs. $TCEHY hit the worse, down 9.5%, but looking like the bleeding may be done, at least for the moment.
- champ: $DJI 23,957 ...down about 10% now from the record high ---- #Tariffs ---- Signing of the Memo today on tariffs, gives China and the U.S.,15 days to negotiate a deal before they go into effect. China just said again, that they don't want a trade war. This is a chess game and they are using the markets in China and the U.S., as part of these on going negotiations. Not good for the markets at all, as we can all see. China's stocks were all down today also ....$BABA was down 5.6%, $WB was also down 6.96%, plus 1000's of others.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $BABA Alibaba Group Holding Limited American Depositary Shares each representing one. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=BABA&clip=99386
- Junior1: @StockMarketMentor $BABA This is a false alarm. 3 days old... the premise is no longer valid, as it was for a BO, now it's pulling back
11. $BABA – Alert $200
12. $M – Still watching $30.
14. $FSLR – up 2% on crappy day.
15. $CSIQ – earnings.
16. $SPWR – has been rangebound for a long time. Extremely speculative.
- mr_tiggy: any $baba news?
- Forexpro: @mr_tiggy $baba Hi, Mr_Tiggy, " March 15 (Reuters) - E-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd <BABA.N> is working on a plan to list on a stock exchange in its home country, China, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter. Alibaba is evaluating ways in which its shares could be traded by investors on the mainland, the newspaper reported http://on.wsj.com/2peqrpb, adding that a secondary listing in China could happen as soon as this summer if the country's securitiesrules are changed to allow listings of foreign companies. The news of a probable listing comes a few weeks after it was reported that China may allow its offshore-listed tech giants to sell a form of shares on the mainland." All the best!
- DrScience: $BABA as noted yesterday, Inside day resolving to the upside. Watching for $196 to hold.
- bsafriet: $BABA $WUBA $WB With Capt Chaos declaring a trade war on China are the Chinese internet ADRs safe to hold/trade? Opinions please!
- BobbyG: @bsafriet $BABA $WUBA $WB I was unaware of a trade war being declared. If there was one declared, I would focus on the items being targeted and see if the stocks you mentioned have any affiliation.
bsafriet: $ESIO $WUBA $BABA $PYPL $TREE $CAMP $IIVI $BOTZ
Opened new long positions in these today, with smaller than my normal starting size in the China ADR’s due to my concern regarding potential actions by China in retaliation for Capt Chaos’s ...
12. $BABA – Consolidating. Has potential for test of $200. Alert $194.50
13. $BLUE – waiting for lower prices.
14. $TWTR – New 52 week high, and up on volume.
15. $CAMP – IBD 50 stock. Pullback, low entry here with suppo ...
16. $BABA - buy, sell or hold? "Hold" it if you own it. But it's in the middle of the range. No edge.
17. $ATHM - supply at $90. Needs more work before breaking out.
18. $WYNN - buy or sell? I would sell...as a function of discipline ...
- Spoons24: @Aragorn $FIVE $AAPL $LGIH $NOW $PETS $SEDG $SKX $VNOM $BABA $CPRT $EV $HTHT $NVDA $PYPL $WB $HTH $LGND #research-buy-list Thank you @Aragorn Looks like I have some interesting homework tonight. I appreciate your feedback.
- champ: @Aragorn $FIVE $AAPL $LGIH $NOW $PETS $SEDG $SKX $VNOM $BABA $CPRT $EV $HTHT $NVDA $PYPL $WB $HTH $LGND #research-buy-list --- Thanks, for taking time and for the work involved, for this... Great reply....I have targets on $FIVE $BABA and $NVDA. I have positions in $LGIH and $AAPL and I'm doing work on $ALK. Take Care! LOL
PAGS ; an IBD 50 stock and a new issue making new highs everyday practically gave another of my favorite setups a sideways drift into a rising 8ema – we have an outside Bar daily that is setup for Monday. Outside Bar means for the most part a ...
- DrScience: $BABA after sharp selloff intra-day, now working on higher low and higher high. at yesterday's high. Long MAR 190 Calls @ 2.60.
- BobbyG: $BABA held the 20DMA and has been wrestling with the 50 today and just went positive. I have an APR Iron Condor with short strikes at 165 and 200 Put and Call respectively. I do not like my position as this stock tends to catch fire when it breaks the 50. Watching...
- BobbyG: $BABA Looking like it is going to have a good day. May dabble here if it breaks the 50 with any conviction.
|Stock Price||$USD 164.63|
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd is an online & mobile commerce company. Through its subsidiaries, it provides retail and wholesale marketplaces available through both personal computer and mobile interfaces.Request Video of BABA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 2nd, 2018 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 24.65 29.19%
- $USD 18.38 21.33%
- $USD 284.76 19.33%
- $USD 17.55 -35.98%
- $USD 20.12 -34.01%
- $USD 20.60 -32.46%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 58,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (58,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!