Align Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:ALGN)
Old Forum Content for ALGNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $ALGN . added. Flag trigger . Gap filled $350 . target
- Motorman: @bRobert $ALGN Call spreads?
- bRobert: @Motorman $ALGN Illiquid, Up a lot today Wait for a pb/b .
- bRobert: @Motorman $ALGN Look at $ILMN . HIGH upside . Small to start .
- bRobert: $ALGN Watching for next pb retest/bounce to add $340/$350 target
- bRobert: $ALGN Nice c&h like base $340 target
- bRobert: $ALGN nice base in place. Continues to fill gap. $340 with hurdle over 200d.
- bRobert: $ALGN $ABMD this dynamic duo is setting up for higher ground
- bRobert: $ALGN $ABMD ALGN breakout Look for the pb/b retest $340 target 20%+ return $ABMD $50 zig in motion. $360 next target 1. WEEKLY/DAILY MACD crosses make $$$ Then preparation/ consolidation for road trip to $450 Baby steps scale in .........
- bRobert: $ALGN . Good swing trade on 50d bounce. Carving out a base . $300/$340 targets with trigger
- woodman: $ALGN bouncing at 50 day after pullback.
- woodman: $ALGN - rude awakening. It lost an arbitration decision and has been ordered to close its Invisalign stores. It will impact its financials, but the company hasn't yet said how much. So far, they are trying to turn their frown upside down over this event.
- shoredriver: @woodman $ALGN ..Rather fugly......
- woodman: $ALGN still gap filling.
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN Long partial. Love the chart ?set up .
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN Got to close the large gap between those two front teeth. Can be flossed with naval rope.
- issues: @StockMarketMentor $CDNA Thanks. This CDNA is in the Medical products group (IBD group 34) along with $EW $QDEL $ABMD $ALGN and $OFIX. NP right now but looking real hard at a buy of one of them. The most interesting chart is $OFIX.
- woodman: $ALGN - continues to smile.
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN Brace for more upside. LONG
- bRobert: $ABMD . 20d . bounce . Continues to set up for the BIG move. $ALGN . $320 . MMT . C&H . like . trigger
- Wolf: $ALGN Breaking out of current range. Added @ 258.80
- bRobert: @Wolf $ALGN Did you brace yourself for the move?
- Wolf: @bRobert $ALGN LoL That's Punny ;-)
- bRobert: $ALGN Another breakout fake out for now.
- Wolf: $ALGN Breaking above 10/24 earnings gap. Added @ 251.60.
- sierramp: @Wolf $ALGN Thanks for bringing me back to this. BO after flag, above resistance. I'm in about a buck higher than you.
- bRobert: $ALGN the alignment took care of the pull down. Beautiful reversal base in place.. $240 neckline . Target . $300
- bRobert: $ALGN . I like the WEEKLY reversal set up WEEKLY MACD cross . $300 - $320 . measured move
- bRobert: $ABMD $EW. Nice move . Trailers up. $ALGN . base Flag . Alert >$250 . Target 1 $300 . with trigger $TDOC moving . the space is perky
- woodman: $ALGN - flag at resistance ~248.50 - big gap still to fill and a little more after that back to the 200 day. It already reported.
- issues: @woodman $ALGN Cramer said $MMM $DHR have the invisible braces now that $ALGN has lost some/many? patents.
- bRobert: $ALGN day 2 . Trailing stops. $ABMD $ALGN . Dynamic duo back
- bRobert: $BEAT $TDOC Flag triggers . $ISRG $ALGN $ABMD $MDT . CHEAP .$ISRG . always buy the pullback/bounce gifts $EW $MASI $SYK . nice move yest. Healthcare equipment bull market . Hug one
- woodman: $ALGN $X ... and $AMZN? - interesting earnings actions. ALGN dove at open after reporting yesterday, but finished up nicely and extended the move today. X dove at open and finished nicely. We'll see what it does tomorrow, but it should be our watchlists. AMZN? Still to be seen, but if it opens down tomorrow, perhaps we'll see some similar action. This is a very small sample to draw from; but worth keeping an eye open for this action.
- shoredriver: ...$ALGN...nice 59min action....
- bRobert: @shoredriver $ALGN Y
- 86944T: @shoredriver $ALGN long or short?
- bRobert: $ILMN $ALGN 59 min trades $ILMN looking for double bottom trade soon. $TMO +
- shoredriver: @86944T $ALGN ....both if you are quick enough....
- bRobert: $ALGN Very nice 59min trade. Base in place $260+ with follow through
- bRobert: $ABMD Binary result following earnings. $280 crash or springboard to $400 Smarter waiting to trade it eg $ALGN $ISRG (coming back ) others
- Reif99: @bRobert $ALGN I think that would have been a tough 59 minute trade.
- woodman: @bRobert $X - as we saw with $ALGN.
- bRobert: @Reif99 $ALGN The low was put in before 10am $212 Higher low at 10:20 $216 and never looked back Closed at $233
- bRobert: @woodman $X $ALGN Flossed the shorts
- Reif99: @bRobert $ALGN Well, I would have missed it.
- bRobert: @Reif99 $ALGN Hey, you can't catch all the fish in the sea. Plenty of others to catch
- baronp0329: $AMGN $ALGN $ILMN $MXIM are down on earnings news.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $AMGN $ALGN $ILMN $MXIM $ILMN Don't turn your back on this one. 59 min trade tomorrow. Not how you start but how you finish.
- baronp0329: @bRobert $AMGN $ALGN $ILMN $MXIM Will do on ILMN. NP on all 4 but was looking to trade them after their earnings. Thanks for the heads-up Robert.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $AMGN $ALGN $ILMN $MXIM $ALGN $AMGN sets up well for a bounce.
- Motorman: @woodman et all, $ALGN ER tomorrow, AMC
- woodman: @Motorman $ALGN - Thanks. I sold today.
- bRobert: @Motorman $ALGN $RACE . @MOTORMAN . Rent a Ferrari lately or are you strictly a Lambo guy?
- woodman: $ALGN - rolling still ... into earnings 1/29 amc.
- bRobert: $ALGN . Measured move target from inv h&s . acquired. . More work may be needed before next level
- bRobert: $TNDM $DXCM . .$BEAT Flag watch . Medical devices hot $ALGN set alert > $225. $ABMD .alert >$346.50 .
- woodman: $ALGN flag.
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN $ABMD . +
$ALGN – Would stay away here.
$MRK – “Thought we were forming a H&S pattern. Now…not so sure.” I wouldn’t short or sell this. Forming a base. Wouldn’t buy it. If I owned it, I’d substitute LL ...
- bRobert: @scottrades $RNG $OKTA . No resistance. Pullback/bounce Blue sky . $87+ . measured move Report in March. No t players in the cloud/software space with similarly great charts and upside targets .Watching for pb/bounces eg . $WDAY . $PAYC . $HUBS . $AYX $GLOB $ZEN . $CRM of course . $DOCU Great base No shortage of good stuff to watch. $MDB . Swing trade . more Gift pullback % wise . I think the HMO group . has more upside. after a severe correction. $UNH $MOH . have had nice moves that have quickly corrected broken charts Blue print for the rest. $ANTM $CNC $HUM etc . $HIIQ . Small cap high beta play Medical equip/devices with upside . $ABMD . $ILMN . (TMO still a little in the tank),$ALGN . $MDT . others
- bRobert: $ALGN . $220 measured move target 1 close . Look for pb/bounces
- bRobert: $ALGN Mesured move to $220 50d just above. Look for pb/bounces higher low $ABMD Similar reversal formation. $330+ measured move Long
- bRobert: $ABMD Full position. High upside >50d $400 target $ALGN reversal pattern in motion np yet
- bRobert: @sierramp $ALGN Reversal pattern $230ish target
- traderbren: $ALGN - trying to make a run at the 50d overhead which is resistance but watching and waiting for a confirmed move above the 50d. NP
- sierramp: $ALGN nice move up from flag, above MA20
- shoredriver: ...$ALGN moldy oldie....earning not till 1/23 ...somewhat chubby weeklies
- debeers: LOSERS OF THE DAY ON STOCKS WE'VE COVERED BEFORE: $NTES, $DGX, $CMG, $ALGN, $AZO, $BIDU, $BIIB, $MA, NP pn any of these but this is a dollar amount list, NOT a per centage list.
$ALGN – This could fall farther. Guidance was for just 20% in sales growth. That’s a 50% drop from Q3 of 31%.
EARNINGS: 100%, 98%, 53%, 23%
SALES: 44%, 41%, 38%, 31% (and guiding even lower). Revenues are king here b/c they can’ ...
- kt4000: $ROKU $APPL $ALGN $WIT added more to small positions this morning - all on the move.
$ALGN – this can fall a LOT farther. It was first to market, but it didn’t slam the door to competition. Almost 50% off its highs. It can fall farther.
$CHEF – building the right side of a base…but still has a lot of work ...
- kt4000: bought a small position in $ROKU, added to $ALGN on the dip more $BXMT, $DUK, $UNH... Hope everyone has a good weekend!
- woodman: $ALGN - #DumpsterDive - watch this one. It's trying to push up through the 8dEMA into the big gap.
- kt4000: adding to $ALGN the Squeeze has begun
- Wolf: #Stop-while-ahead $GPN + .10, GNC short .11, $ALGN 11/9 35 call 2.00, $AMZN 11/9 1680 call 4.00, $ETSY 1.20 (thanks @Dan). No losers.
- woodman: $ALGN into the gap.
- kt4000: adding even more $ALGN, $AAPL, $DUK
- woodman: $ALGN really moving well in this gap. I bought this morning and doubled up as it rolled into the gap.
- kt4000: Added $DUK s/b safe no matter who wins which seats and pays a Div on 11/15, Want $VEEV, $ULTA, more $TJX (split plus Div right after before earnings on 11/20), Keeping a very small position on $ALGN until some sort of direction is established.
- kus123: @greenpatrol $SYY downtrending stock, low probability to fill the gap. IMO. it can do like $ALGN.
- kt4000: just sold $AMGN - nice gain, added more $DUK, looking for a level to sell $APPL, $ALGN on quick position trades.
- greenpatrol: @kus123 $SYY $ALGN I agree. Am just looking for a quick trade in the morning. 59m.
- kt4000: Bought $AAPL in AH last night - going to hold it - Sold $ALGN in pre-Market - bought that in the depths of despair - bought $C a few days ago still holding in the face of a dividend (ex-div today). Added to $TTPH, Bought $CSCO yesterday. Will try to step out of all of these positions except $AAPL and $TTPH by days end...... nice couple of days
- woodman: $ALGN - severely beaten down, trying to move back into the big gap.
- shoredriver: @woodman $ALGN Yep...watching like a hawk.....
- DAN: Good morning. The futures are pointing to a higher open today. Over the weekend we looked at the oversold nature of the market, including the extreme high percentage of stocks that were below their 40-day moving average, the 4 week New High/Low rat ...
- Shopaholic526: $ALGN $TSLA $AMZN 3 59 min trades this morning. Thanks Dan. Already out with a small profit. I don't have the stomach for this volatility.
- DAN: @Shopaholic526 $ALGN $TSLA $AMZN That's awesome, shopaholic526. Great job!!
- kt4000: $AMGN, $ADSK, $ALGN, $AMZN - starter positions with the only difference that the size of my starter positions are 10% of what they used to be.... . Risk is therefore defined....
- kt4000: been adding to $ALGN, AMZN on the dips
$ALGN – down 50% at one point
$FB – down 33%
$NFLX – down 30%
VIDEO THREE: Stock Watch. Not many to watch.
$ROST – holding up
$TSCO – holding up. Alert $92
$OLLI – still watching. That’s all.
$COST – ...
- wijimmy: $ALGN ... SLOT MACHINE ... its like watching a Heart Monitor $230-$207 in seconds ..
- DAN: $ALGN absolutely falling off a cliff this morning. I was watching this for an oversold rebound this morning, but it's just continuing to fall. $200 will likely pick up some buyers. I think there's a lot of pressure on this stock and even an oversold bounce might not amount to very much.
- Allen: $ALGN Align moving up. Dipped a toe in and it is doing well.
- jmichaelet: @DAN $ALGN Ended up having some success in this today. I had bought a position based on the bounce play, got in around $206. Just closed out for a good gain. I haven't done a lot of trades like this, so would love your input based on how the chart has progressed through the day on if it seems like an anomaly? Early takes were that there was not going to be a bounce, I know... so is it odd for one to materialize after a little time? I want to be realistic as I look at this trade. I defined my risk with a stop, but don't want to look at this successful trade as a blueprint for the future if the later rally is a rare resolution / pattern.
- Allen: $ALGN Just moved above the open. Good bounce trade up over 20% from the low.
- DAN: @jmichaelet $ALGN Hi jmichaelet. Great job! I'll go over it in tonight's video session. I was looking at that trade too, but got a call from CNBC before the stock bottomed at 205. Great entry. I think you got it just right. $$$$$$$$$$$
- jmichaelet: @DAN $ALGN Thanks for the kudos! Feels like I'm finally starting to make smarter moves with intention. I'll look forward to the analysis. :)
COTD: $ALGN – review this 59-minute trade.
• Be mindful that many sectors and stocks have already corrected quite a bit. We are farther along the correction than you might think.
• Focus on learning more about short term t ...
|Stock Price||$USD 274.47|
Align Technology, Inc designs, manufactures and markets the Invisalign system, a method for treating the misalignment of teeth.Request Video of ALGN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 24th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 67.71 10.85%
- $USD 176.14 6.36%
- $USD 26.25 5.72%
- $USD 12.08 -28.29%
- $USD 58.67 -21.50%
- $USD 50.28 -17.49%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!