Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC)
Old Forum Content for MPCMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DAN: Marathon Petroleum ($MPC) was stopped out last month for a slight gain. But the company reported earnings this morning and the stock is up 4.1%. I don't want to just throw the stock away because it was previously stopped out. So I'm re-initiating it with a looser stop at 81.50 New basis: 92.74 Stop: 81.50 --Dan
- DAN: RE/ Arch Coal ($ARCH): We were also stopped out of $ARCH for a break even in some pretty hairy volatility. But the stock is working really well again and I want to re initiate it as a new trade. This stock, along with $MPC, has been really volatile but the prevailing trend has been intact. I'll explain more in the strategy session tonight. New Basis: 175.99 Stop: 153.50 Dan
- issues: @DAN $ARCH Hard for me to buy $ARCH at the high today. I did that with $CRWD and regretted it and am still holding it. So I put in a limit for a position in ARCH at $145 = right at the 50 day where it usually returns to. Thanks for your post. We continue to hold $MPC.
- DAN: @issues $ARCH $CRWD $MPC I totally get it. I just want it back as an active trade candidate. I don't want to allow the volatility to just erase some great opportunities. Thanks for your post, issues. I will address in a while. 8-)
$MPC -- going in again.
348 - MPC - 92.74 - 78.23 - 2022-05-03 - 81.50
386 - ARCH - 175.99 - 141.82 - 2022-05-03 - 153.50
389 - GOGL - 13.32 - 13.23 - 2022-05-03 - 11.50
390 - XOM - 88.33 - 87.86 - 2022-05-03 - 82.70
- DAN: This is the status of the Active Trade List, which included $MPC $ARCH $TECK $DVA and $GOGL. $MPC -- Still holding up well. Entry was 79.30. Stop at 83.70 $ARCH -- Stopped at $148 for break even. $TECK -- Stopped at 38.80 (basis was 41.06). 5.5% loss. $DVA -- Stopped at 113.00. Basis was 123.13. 8.1% loss $GOGL -- Stop at 11.60. Basis 13.18 (currently flat) So we are left with $MPC and $GOGL. Given the weakness of the market, I am not inclined to suggest any new open trades. Cash is a position. Be overweight. --Dan
$MPC -- Still holding up well. Entry was 79.30. Stop at 83.70
$ARCH -- Stopped at $148 for break even.
$TECK -- Stopped at 38.80 (basis was 41.06). 5.5% loss.
$DVA -- Stopped at 113.00. Basis was 123.13. 8.1% loss
$GOGL -- Stop at 11.60. BAsis ...
- Pokersmith: #fwiw Wells Fargo Adjusts Marathon Petroleum's $MPC Price Target to $110 from $91, Keeps Overweight Rating
- jwk567: @DAN $PLTR $SPY $IYT $MDY $IWM $QQQ $GOOGL $NUE $FCX $ULTA $EXR $MPC $ARCH $TECK $DVA $GOGL $CLF $UNVR $SMPL $ESTE $SBLK $DEN $POSH $MNDY $DOCS $MYTE $LZ $AAN $TASK $IPO $HOOD $AGL What does 9x9 mean? Thank you.
$MPC -- Another good day. 3rd up day.
$ARCH -- About to pop above $170. Consider putting a partial stop in at $159. (I’m leaving mine lower)
$TECK -- Flag
$DVA -- Clean breakout today. Up 4 out of 5 days. (Down day was the lowest volume si ...
$MPC -- Stop $83.70
$ARCH -- Stop $148.00
$TECK -- Stop $38.80
$DVA -- Still at $113.00
$GOGL -- Stop at $11.60
$CLF -- Still forming a flag. Earnings on Friday. Your choice, not mine. Alert $32.50
$UNVR -- 9x9. Pullback to 50-day M ...
- DAN: Good morning. Stocks are opening lower this morning as yields continue to rise. We will go through some economic numbers in this morning's training session at 8 am PT / 11 am ET. Our active trades are doing well this morning: $MPC -- up another 1%. stop at 79 $ARCH -- up another 1.3%. Stop at 129 $TECK -- up another 1%. Stop at 36.50 $DVA - status quo. No premarket activity. Stop at 113. $GOGL -- flat. Stop at 11.60. Watch today's price action. We could see a bit of a retracement from Thursday's big move. ==================================== Training Session -- 8 am PT / 11 am ET ==================================== Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84719944525 --Dan
- snowbound: $MPC High DAILY handle flag and trigger .
- DAN: Active Trade List Update: Our stocks are a bit of a mixed bag right now. Some doing quite well, and a couple being stopped out recently. $MPC -- Up about 10%. Leaving the stop at $79. $AAPL -- Stopped out at $166 for an $8 profit. This is now very choppy. No regrets about exiting the position. $JNPR -- Stopped out on Monday at $34.80. We lost 14 cents. The pullback was pretty steep, so there is a lot of supply overhead. $ARCH -- Up about 10%. Raising the suggested stop from $129 to $145. (Basis is $148.50) $TECK -- Up about 6%. All is well. Stop at 36.50 $DVA -- Just added at $123.13 with a stop at $113. Stock is breaking out...though it is trading on light volume today, just 25,400 shares so far. --Dan
$MPC -- Up about 10%. Leaving the stop at $79.
$AAPL -- Stopped out at $166 for an $8 profit. This is now very choppy. No regrets about exiting the position.
$JNPR -- Stopped out on Monday at $34.80. We lost 14 cents. The pullback was pretty st ...
- Docoof: $IEO at a new 1-yr high. — $COP, $EOG, $PXD and $MPC have a combined weighting in $IEO of ~41%.
$MPC - 79.30 - 78.23 - 2022-03-11 - 79.00 ALL GOOD.
$AAPL - 158.00 - 158.36 - 2022-03-16 - 166.00. Still holding…but I wouldn’t buy now.
$JNPR - 34.94 - 35.09 - 2022-03-18 - 34.80 Still holding. Phase 2 pullback news to hold $35.
$MPC -- Still moving along the 10-week MA
- DAN: We have five active trades open at this time. Again, this is a very risky time to be buying new stocks and/or getting aggressive. In light of the current price action and the upcoming earnings season, this is a time to be selling losers into strengt ...
- DAN: My Notes: SS 033022 FiF: $HOOD -- reversal? $SPY -- Time to be cautious. No shorting. $IYT -- At top of the long term channel. $QQQ -- Trading top at 200-day MA Active Trades: $MPC -- at $85 bucks. Stop raised to $79 to lock in break even $AAPL -- Hold this one for a longer term move. $JNPR -- Up 6.5%. Stop raised to $34.80. $DE -- Big two day pullback is stabilizing at 410. Stop at 408. $NVDA - Stop remains at $259. $SBLK -- Can’t buy this too soon. Will take a long time to set up and tighten. $GSL -- Still working…but very volatile. $HOOD -- Watch this for a move higher. Alert $16.49
- jwk567: @DAN $HOOD $SPY $IYT $QQQ $MPC $AAPL $JNPR $DE $NVDA $SBLK $GSL Thanks Dan!
- Nepenthe: $MPC Now is that what you'd call a bullish engulf? When I left, it had pulled back to the 8ema, at which point I added with a tight stop, and only just returned to check in on the day's activity. Cheers.
- issues: @Nepenthe $MPC Yes, thank you. I love the chart! Great! I am buying it in the morning thanks to you!
- Nepenthe: @issues $MPC You're welcome. Very rarely do I feel I have much to contribute. I'm thinking of adding again tomorrow also. This has been on the ATL but Dan, and I also, were starting to grow weary of it. Glad it came around. Cheers.
- Nepenthe: @issues $MPC I looked at it again, and I noticed below average daily volume. I wonder, does that mean anything with engulfing candles?
- Henry: @Nepenthe $MPC I consider a bearish engulfing pattern a reversal pattern. MPC is in an uptrend, with a down day yesterday. https://thepatternsite.com/BullEngulfing.html Personally I'd like to see more volume with that size bar.
- Nepenthe: @Henry $MPC Thank you. The learning curve continues. For years I've valued your posts. Cheers.
- Henry: @Nepenthe $MPC That's very nice of you to say so. We are here to help each other. I'm long MPC, which was a spin off from $MRO in 2011.
- DAN: I'm adjusting the recommendations for stops on $MPC $DE and $AAPL $MPC -- From 72.90 to 76.20 $DE -- Consider moving your stop DOWN to $408, which locks in a break even. $AAPL -- Current stop is 159.50, and I'm keeping it there. Shorter term traders might want to put a partial stop at 169.90 (which is just below yesterday's low). Also.... $NVDA -- we are down from the 282 entry. After yesterday's run, it's actually pretty impressive that NVDA is down just 1.4%. So there's still buyers at these levels. Not too much profit taking here. $JNPR -- Nice move today. Keeping the stop at 33.80, which would be a $1.14 loss if we are stopped out. More on this in the Strategy Session video this afternoon. --Dan
$MPC -- In at 79.30. Starting to move to new highs. New stop at 76.20. Note that the 50-day MA was lower at initiation (74.41). If 50-day MA is your reference for stops, adjust the stop regularly.
$AAPL - In at 158.
Still printing higher high ...
- gtr89: @DAN $JNPR $TSLA $MRO $OKE $CTRA $SPY $T2108 $DIA $IYT $QQQ $MPC $AAPL $DE $NVDA $XOM $CVX $OVV $CLF $STLD $X $ZIM $CPLP $EXR $ANTM $DAC I’m kicking myself for selling $JNPR today for a small gain. I didn’t want a gain to turn into a loss. It was looking a little dicey for awhile. I’m still pretty distrustful of this market after that monster bounce
- Docoof: @DAN $JNPR $TSLA $MRO $OKE $CTRA $SPY $T2108 $DIA $IYT $QQQ $MPC $AAPL $DE $NVDA $XOM $CVX $OVV $CLF $STLD $X $ZIM $CPLP $EXR $ANTM $DAC — “So, no toga parties among pigs.” —That’s a keeper! (09:35)
- DAN: I'm adjusting stops on some of our active trades. $DE -- Raising stop from $381.25 to $414.40 (This is just below Monday's intraday low). The cost basis is 408.00, so we have now taken a loss off the table and comfortably hold the stock for a bigger gain. $CPE -- no change. Still at 49.16 $MPC -- no change. Still at 72.90 $AAPL -- Raising the stop from 149.50 to 159.50. Our basis is 158, so we've essentially locked in a break-even. Now we have lowered our risk and can let the stock run. $JNPR -- no change. Still at 33.80 $TSLA -- In at $930 and now up 11%. We never want to allow an 11% profit turn into a loss. And we never want to give back 100% of an 11% profit. The current stop is at $975, which has locked in a 5% gain. Consider keeping that stop in place for a gain of 5% as your worst case scenario. --Dan
$MPC -- no change. Basis is 79.30, so this isn’t working well either. Up less than $1 buck. If it doesn’t take off tomorrow, we’ll close this down.
$AAPL -- Raising the stop from 149.50 to 159.50. Our basis is 158, so we've esse ...
- snowbound: $MPC Has broken out of a DAILY wedge , now retesting the BO area of descending resistance . A successful test into the 8EMA slightly lower is a second chance entry -add near key moving averages . i own . https://tos.mx/9UuE6wQ
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Back Above the 200 Day $QQQ Back Above the 50 Day $GLD Still in consolidation $XLE In consolidation but don’t lose sight $SMH Pushback at the 200 Day $IGV Software above the 50 Day. $XLV Healthcare looking tired. $TAN Sideways but not doing anything wrong. $ARKK Under the 50 Day #Bitcoin & Ethereum Nice. $TSLA Power move. $AAPL Still working, but don’t be afraid to take partials. $AMZN Just under the 200 Day $NVDA Investor Day! $MSFT Above the 200 Day $AVGO Handle $COST Working. $BROS Extended. $JNPR ATL Trade, just fine. $MPC Building a Handle $VNOM Tight along the 8EMA $AR Close to the highs $CPE Holding the 21 EMA $AQUA Bounce off the 8EMA $TDG Long Weekly base. Watch the 680 Zone $COIN / $CLSK / $HUT / $SI / $RIOT Magical Internet Money Stocks
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are showing a pretty flat open this morning as oil futures moved above $108/bbl. Oil seems to be the major influence on prices these days...and it does have a significant impact on the cost of goods and services -- i.e., infla ...
- indigo1948: @DAN $EGLE $DAC $SBLK $CPT $MPC $AAPL $JNPR $DE $SPY $QQQ - Good morning Dan - I think you meant to type in $CPE but you typed $CPT - a interesting REIT.
- DAN: @indigo1948 $EGLE $DAC $SBLK $CPT $MPC $AAPL $JNPR $DE $SPY $QQQ $CPE YEp. I goofed up. Thanks indigo!
- snowbound: $MPC Lifting off the 20SMAd backstopped by the 50 . Any weakness on Monday's open could support a bounce . https://tos.mx/z3Nz2qL
- snowbound: $MPC Big DAILY Volume on a GREEN close . Its now marginally above descending resistance wedging with the 50 .
$MPC - 79.30 / 72.90. Nice breakout off 50-day MA
$AAPL 158.00 / 149.50. Weekly chart looks good.
$CPE - 59.10 / 49/16. In jail.
$NVDA -- Coming off a multiple bottom at $210. A breakout above $270 puts a new high into play.
DAN: Scott is handling video duties tonight (I was at the vet all day with little Riley -- now the $5,000 dog (and still counting)). But I wanted to update yesterday’s notes. (NEW COMMENTS ARE IN ALL CAPS -- mentioned below also)
$SPY -- While st ...
- sgiseller: @DAN $SPY $JBHT $ODFL $ARCB $DSKE $R $CAR $MDY $IWM $QQQ $COMPQX $FXI $BABA $BIDU $WB $SOCL $FB $AAPL $CPE $MPC They are not called man's best friends for nothing, sooner or later they all become 5-10k pups, I'll know in a week what radiation therapy will cost
- BigOx: @Dan is the playbook still in place for $MPC please?
- Nepenthe: @DAN $UNH $RS Just thought I'd bring to your attention that our stop on $NMM was hit; I still see it on the ATL. $MPC still hanging in there, though it came close. Actually added to it this morning. Cheers.
- DAN: @BigOx $MPC Yep. Still acting ok in my book.
- DAN: @Nepenthe $UNH $RS $NMM $MPC ok. Thanks. Didn't see that.
$MPC - stop 72.90.
- RiccardoB: @DAN $FXI $BABA $BIDU $SPY $IYT $JBHT $ODFL $ARCB $DSKE $R $CAR $MDY $IWM $QQQ $COMPQX $WB $SOCL $FB $AAPL $CPE $MPC
- snowbound: $MPC 74.84 45 minutes prior to open -2.37% . 50SMA DAILY 74.67 for a test of key support .
- Niche: $MPC -- took the LOSS
- FredsFreedom: $MPC
- DAN: Adding Marathon Petroleum ($MPC) to the Active Trade List Basis 79.30 Stop 72.90 Dan ================================================= LINK TO LIVE TRAINING TODAY -- 8 AM PT / 11 AM 35 ================================================= You are invited to a Zoom webinar. When: Mar 11, 2022 08:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada) Topic: Monday Trading Session -- 11 am ET / 8 am PT -- March 11, 2022 Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82187478387 See you in the training room. --Dan
- Pokersmith: @DAN $MPC See also $MPLX ( granted , it's an LP, with a monster divie and they are in everything. Subsidiary of MPC ) Chart action COULD use to be tighter 🤔...see weekly
- Cjauger: $MPC turning higher
- Pokersmith: @bRobert $VLO mentioned $VLO as a play last week, see also @Dan pick $MPC
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $VLO $MPC I feel bad that we are always picking on stocks. They need an advocate
- yammi55: @bRobert $VLO $MPC ;-) I thought it was picking 'up' stocks.
- Pokersmith: @bRobert $VLO $MPC bullying...it's a thing.
- Cjauger: @scottrades $SPY Staying away from the market except energy related $MPC, $NMM and $SQM. And my largest position is $CASH
- Pokersmith: #EnergySectorScreening @bRobert After screening the entire energy sector, and ETF preference notwithstanding,..... SOME names that stuck out, and aren't always mentioned ( naturally , look at weekly ) *** to be viewed in the context that, to your point , these industries are hot, and won't let you in easily: See 👀: $HES , $EGY, $CIVI, $MPC , $PNRG ( setting up ), $NE , $WHD ( powerful move from sideway consolidation.. )
- issues: @Pokersmith $HES $EGY $CIVI $MPC $PNRG $NE $WHD #EnergySectorScreening buying $CIVI $NE $PTEN $HP $OVV and $OXY
- Docoof: @Pokersmith $HES $EGY $CIVI $MPC $PNRG $NE $WHD #EnergySectorScreening @Forexpro started a pos. in $EGY last Monday, posted about it Tuesday morning, and ended the week with a gain of over 17% in $EGY. Pretty impressive!
- Pokersmith: @Docoof $HES $EGY $CIVI $MPC $PNRG $NE $WHD #EnergySectorScreening No surprise there....he's ( Forexpro ) the consummate Professional👍
- Docoof: @Pokersmith $HES $EGY $CIVI $MPC $PNRG $NE $WHD #EnergySectorScreening Exactly 👍
- bRobert: @issues $HES $EGY $CIVI $MPC $PNRG $NE $WHD $PTEN $HP $OVV $OXY #EnergySectorScreening Just a question. Do. you really NEED. to own so many in the same sector? Many investors/traders. manage too many employees A. good ETF. can work the team approach more efficiently . with One chart. One employee to manage. If you crave a good. dividend, add one good one to the mix.
- scottrades: Some #earnings for the week $AMD $AMZN $FB $PYPL $F $GOOGL $XOM $UPS $SNAP $GM $NOK $QCOM $SBUX $PINS $ATVI $ABBV $OTIS $LHX $TT $NXPI $EPD $PENN $U $SPOT $MRK $GILD $COP $FFWM $AKTS $EA $PHM $DHI $MTCH $LSPD $BMY $SU $TMO $WM $AGNC $FTNT $ARCB $MPC $FSBC
- LakeGuy: Anybody have any favorite XLE stocks? This seems to be the strongest groooup that held up the best. $CKEE,$CVX,$4OKE,$HES,$MPC,$SLB,$HAL,ETC...
$MPC -- really good breakout from squeeze. Too late to buy now, but watch for secondary entry -- there is always one of those. Always.
$OKE -- 6% yield. Bears watching, but not where I’d buy now.
- Cjauger: @DAN $SPY $DJT $IYT $WELL $AAWW $ARCB $DJUSRR $CSX $UNP $NSC $NCLH $RCL $CCL $XLK $NFLX $NVDA $AMZN $AAPL $TSM $TECK $FCX $XLE $MPC $OKE Thank you @Dan, take care and get well.
- marklesparkle: @DAN $SPY $DJT $IYT $WELL $AAWW $ARCB $DJUSRR $CSX $UNP $NSC $NCLH $RCL $CCL $XLK $NFLX $NVDA $AMZN $AAPL $TSM $TECK $FCX $XLE $MPC $OKE @Dan get better my buddy
- Momentariness: @DAN $SPY $DJT $IYT $WELL $AAWW $ARCB $DJUSRR $CSX $UNP $NSC $NCLH $RCL $CCL $XLK $NFLX $NVDA $AMZN $AAPL $TSM $TECK $FCX $XLE $MPC $OKE Great video yesterday BUT don't push yourself to get these videos out, get healthy first.
- Rick_O: @DAN $SPY $DJT $IYT $WELL $AAWW $ARCB $DJUSRR $CSX $UNP $NSC $NCLH $RCL $CCL $XLK $NFLX $NVDA $AMZN $AAPL $TSM $TECK $FCX $XLE $MPC $OKE Thanks for pushing to get the great videos out, but please take good care!!! @scottrades and all members have been doing awesome jobs to keep this threads full of great information!
- vitoB: $CRM back above vwap 233.45. $SHOP $1193. These will be sold into strength dtrades $MPC all time high
- vitoB: @vitoB $CRM $SHOP $MPC $SHOP trade over. CRM on a very short time leash not looking good, no buyers.
- vitoB: Looking at old friends this morning ...$MPC $SAM $NFLX
- BocaRick: $MPC it that the bottom
- marklesparkle: $MPC Done good thanks Dan
- DAN: Our trade on $MPC was stopped out earlier today when the stock fell through 65.70. While the uptrend is still in place, it's looking like there is more room for a pullback from here. This trade netted just 6%. Not a lot...but I'll take it. --Dan
$MPC --Closed out via stop at 65.70. Just 6% gain. Looks like more pullback from here.
$BOOT -- Up 30%. Hold it.
$HUT -- Up 26% and still going. Just breaking out of a high handle. This is a powerful pattern, and the crypto theme is a good one! ...
$MPC -- Still in the upper half of the BBand complex.
$SNOW -- slow mover along the 8-day MA
$VSTO -- Holding the 50-day moving average.
- scottrades: My Notes: $SPY When the leaders look tired, get cautious $QQQ Needs a rest. $TAN Weak close. #Bitcoin Weekly Lower low. Memecoin Frenzy, $TSLA Sold the last of it today. $NVDA Tired. $MSFT Working but extended. $GOOGL Added to the ATL today. $V Oof. $TWTR Oof. $U Following market weakness. $HUT Sold some. Trying to be patient. $MARA in consolidation $APPS Sold most yesterday, off my front page now. $ASO Breakout backtest $COST Looks pretty good. $SNOW Still in trend. $DEN Potential Handle building in process. Notes from Dan: $BOOT -- earnings after the bell $MPC -- Close to hitting 65.70 stop. Entry was 62.10, so if the stop is hit, it's still a win. $VSTO -- stop is 39.90. This was almost hit. Holding at the 50-day MA, and that needs to hold up. 3 consecutive days of selling, so we should see a bounce...but maybe not. Who knows?
$MPC -- Up 11%. Earnings next week. Working well along the 8-day EMA. Raising the stop to 65.70 (below 8-day EMA and Wednesday 10/20 low).
$SNOW -- Stop at $313.80
$TGH -- Basis is 37.47. Pullback today after yesterday’s breakout. Working w ...
- bRobert: $GUSH $200 $XOP $150 WEEKLY breakouts in motion Targets were presented months ago in this trade set up OVERWEIGHT the sector Trade around a core in GUSH Long XOP leaps A few other spec holds $MPC $SLCA $SD $MTDR $75/$80+ Huge way to go in this trade
$MPC -- Up 9%
$NLY -- Climbing back through the 9/29 ex-dividend drop.
$ORC -- Ex-dividend date is next Thursday. Gotta buy the stock by Wednesday.
$SNOW -- Up 11.4%. Pretty smooth ride here.
$TGH -- flat. Stock is ok, my entry wasn’t.
$MPC -- Really good price activity.
$SNOW -- Status quo.
$HUT -- This is still going. Stop at 9.90 with a 10.65 entry. Consider a stop at 10.65 to protect your trade. Now you’ve got a guaranteed break-even.
$URI -- Earnings in a week. Sta ...
$MPC -- Walking higher with higher high and low. Some profit taking here
$NFLX -- Consolidating the gains.
$CBRE -- breakout continues. Now up 2.5%.
$BYD -- printing a higher box.
$TGH -- status quo.
$MPC -- 8 day EMA walk.
$NFLX -- flag pattern on low volume.
$NLY -- same as $ORC. Nothing to do.
$SNOW -- Good breakout on high volume.
$TGH -- Stable here.
$TSLA -- higher high and low.
DAN: Our open trades are still working well. Here is an update with comments and stops:
$ORC -- Basis 5.05 Stop $4.80. This yields 15.5%, so it's the sister of Annaly Capital ($NLY). As with $NLY, $ORC is probably not the trade for most of you ...
$MPC -- Up 4.7% on a 62.10 entry. Stop is fairly loose at 58.50, but I have suggested a 59.60 stop for those who have a low tolerance for pullbacks. I think $MPC will move much higher in the months to come...but the shorter term moves are really u ...
- snowbound: $MPC DAILY flag and trigger in motion . Testing the BO level .
$MPC -- Pushing against $65. Stop at 58.50, but do not let this turn into a loss.
$NFLX -- After yesterday’s gap and reverse, the stock is still strong. Note the higher intraday highs and lows.
$SNOW -- top of the box...I would like to see ...
- DAN: Active Trade List Update: $BOOT -- up 20%. Our entry was 79.96, and I'm suggesting that the stop be raised to $89, which locks in a good gain if the stock pulls back. $MPC -- Up just 3%. Consider raising the stop to $59.60, which reduces our risk from a 62.10 entry. $NFLX -- Up 6% on a breakout. Not buyable here, but certainly "holdable." $SNOW -- Moving well after a 305 entry. BUT...this is not buyable here. It's up 3 consecutive days off a 50-day MA bounce. Stop remains at 289. $TSLA -- Shareholders meeting tonight. There won't be bad news coming out of this meeting. Entry was 729. Current price at 787. Consider raising the stop to 748. New Addition: $CBRE -- tightening up above the 50-day moving average. Basis: 99 Stop: 95.50 --Dan
$MPC -- Pretty easy stock to hold. Don’t overthink this.
$NFLX -- Still on a Phase 1 move.
$SNOW - $328-389 box -- 11%. Up near the top now. This isn’t where you buy.
$CBRE -- 99 entry. 95 stop.
Others to watch:
$TPX -- steep pull ...
DAN: Here is the current status of the Active Trade List (Much of this is repetition, but I want to make sure that everyone is on the same page):
$BOOT -- suggested taking partial profits, though the uptrend remains intact.
$AAPL -- Removed the other day ...
- DAN: Adding Marathon Petroleum ($MPC) to the Active Trade List: Basis: 62.10 Stop: 58.50 --Dan
- NickSingh: @DAN $MPC not much movement on this today
- DAN: @NickSingh $MPC Not daytrading it.
- marklesparkle: @DAN $MPC Thanks Dan
Marathon Petroleum Corp is a supplier of gasoline and distillates to resellers and consumers. It's refining, marketing and transportation operations are concentrated primarily in the Midwest, Gulf Coast and Southeast regions of the U.S.Request Video of MPC
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 1st, 2022 - 2022 Q3 Earnings
- $15.69 47.08%
- $7.57 37.94%
- $27.30 26.52%
- $14.73 -33.59%
- $28.68 -4.07%
- $42.52 -3.88%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 88,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (88,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!