APA Corporation (NASDAQ:APA)
Old Forum Content for APAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DAN: Adding APA ($APA) to the Active Trade List Cost Basis: 42.95 Stop: 38.95 Yesterday's selloff took this right back to the 50-day moving average, which is where we want to be buying uptrending stocks in strong sectors. $APA pretty much falls into that category. --Dan
- snowbound: @Pokersmith $APA $OIH Now THAT's a pivot ! ... go Pokersmith ! ( nothing personal , DAN ( sheepish grin ))
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $APA $OIH Put a line under the new uptrend channel for stops
- Pokersmith: @snowbound $APA $OIH reversal pivot yes...off S1 Can she close above the 50 sma ? stay tuned
- snowbound: @Pokersmith $APA $OIH OH , I'm ready , I still have 1x share I've been following . grats !
- Cjauger: $XOM and $APA strong into the close
- scottrades: @Cjauger $XOM $APA We like it!
- snowbound: @scottrades $APA DAN nailed that ...
- Cjauger: @scottrades $XOM $APA also $LNG
- bRobert: @Cjauger $XOM $APA $XOM $100/$135 targets I started posting on a LEAP call trade several years ago along with $XOP
- Cjauger: @snowbound $APA YESS!
- snowbound: @Cjauger $APA Those mid channel type entries have been working . I started that way on $GRIN when the other shippers were bottoming out or breaking out . Its nice when its right .
- adamchess: @scottrades $XOM $APA hi Scott, I bought the $NRGU today - it seems to be great on a good energy day!! cheers
- scottrades: @adamchess $XOM $APA $NRGU Nice one Adam! Strong trend. Well done! Don't forget your exit plan. Have a great weekend.
- adamchess: @scottrades $XOM $APA $NRGU thanks Scott - what do you suggest for exit plan? sorry - happy weekend and F1 race - should be exciting! practice on TV soon
- scottrades: @adamchess $XOM $APA $NRGU Well I'm a swing Trader so I would watch the Hourly Trend. If you have a good cushion you would zoom out to the Daily.
- Cjauger: @DAN Great call on $APA. And thank you for your guidance navigating this tough market. Hands down SMM is an amazing resource for traders. Best guidance for traders @SMM from @Dan and @scottrades
- scottrades: @Cjauger $APA Glad you're here my friend. We appreciate Your contributions as well. Team Work!
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Needs to calm down. Respect the lows. $QQQ Lower Low $DIA Under the Major MAs $GLD Choppy $UUP Wrecking Ball $XLE Still where you want to be $XOP Trend is fine $OIH At the 50 day $DBC A slow mover, but working. $GBTC Know your time frame $AAPL Holding the Longer term trend $MSFT Needs a base $TSLA Nothing Good happens under the 200 Day $USO Watch above the line! $XOM Working great $APA Dan Added this to the ATL $OXY Working $PSX High Base $DVN Working $AR Might be starting some consolidation $BPT Support at the 50 Day $GLNG Above the MAs $KMI From the forum $CEIX Coal still Black Gold.
$APA -- working really well. Earnings tomorrow. But at good entry point.
$MRO -- still running along the 50-day MA
$TDOC -- new $COUP.
$GOGL: C&H still ok. Want some stocks in good sectors…but smaller and with looser stop ...
$APA -- Running now. Lockout.
$FTNT -- Potential squeeze above $350. Alert $350
$LZ -- HIgher intraday high and low. Alert kicked in at $15.40. Watch this for continuation tomorrow.
$CAT -- Squeeze breakout. Alert $237
$DE -- 1-2-3 continuati ...
- zeddie1: $APA is up 4% today on a price increase by Key Bank from $45 to $50. $APA has a 99RS & is rated #1 in its category by IBD.
- vitoB: @zeddie1 $APA #1 when i was in $APA i was at all time highs, got out and I stopped. I have since moved to $CPE but i'm lightening up today. If all I did was just focus on staying in $APA i'd be up...
- zeddie1: @vitoB $APA I'v held onto $APA since Feb 2 2022 primarily because per IBD 0 Debt & Annual Pre Tax Margin of 33%.
- Pokersmith: @Pokersmith $DVN #fwiw Raises Price Target for $APA Corp to $42 From $34, Maintains Peerperform Rating
- vitoB: oil off 1%, oil equities off more. this sector has to be on the buy any dips category, especially before winidow dressing week for hedgies...will be adding to $CPE position or getting back into $APA. also consider the consolidation of the industry this year to help efficiencie/top line growth if they cant find anywhere else to put the cash
- Pokersmith: Energy names ( Oil and gas ) green on the day in a sea of red see: $APA, $OXY, $PDCE, $MTDR and $MPLX
- woodman: @Pokersmith $APA $OXY $PDCE $MTDR $MPLX - Not in the green category today, but $RES is down to around the 8dEMA (currently 9.90) with its drop today (low of 9.99, closed 10.66, but down to 10.10 in the afterhours). The 8dEMA has been a fairly consistent support area on its path up since November, and particularly since December. (I'm still in this.)
- vitoB: $APA $BTU $KSS $FCX best week of trading
- scottrades: @vitoB $APA $BTU $KSS $FCX Congrats Vito!
- woodman: @vitoB $APA $BTU $KSS $FCX - picking the working sectors as your lakes, then fishing for the fish in those lakes is a great way to make $$. Congrats!
- jetace: $APA breakout downward sloping trendline, also check out $BRY
- vitoB: $APA lovin this chart and position today...lightening up ready to reload on any weakness
$APA -- Watch for another test of the 50-day MA. Alert $36.50
$CPE-- Squeezing along the 50-day MA. Alert $58.40
$OVV -- breaking out on volume. BUY alert $46.00 and $42.50
$SM -- squeezing. Alert $37
- vitoB: $APA breaking above downward sloping trend line, similar behavior in the past portends good things...no clue how to spell that work
- issues: @vitoB $APA poking its head just above the 20 day. I like it but it looks like so many others. I like and own $FANG.
- Jazman0013: Futures up pretty decent so far Dow up 388, S&P up 62.50, NAZ up 274. $LNG down premarket as is $APA lightened up on both yesterday but did start to leg into March 115 short puts for $LNG. Long day ahead. Shall see…
- vitoB: $XOP lookin strong on not bad volume...in $APA myself but theres a bunch in the strategy sesh
- Jazman0013: As Bad as it is I’m kinda surprised it isn’t worse. Would be without some lucky offset like $LNG. Lesser degree $APA. Be careful everyone. If you are heavy cash here it shouldn’t be as bad. Not heavy cash enough…
- vitoB: VIX spiking 8% and markets all within half a percent loss...doesnt anyone else find this crazy? only thing could be geopolitics and energy prices right? playing this with $APA
- Jazman0013: $LNG and $APA not doing much. Off the lows but no real bids yet.
- Yes-Man: @Jazman0013 $LNG $APA $LNG have a small position from right below been watching for volume to move for a few days!
- Jazman0013: @Yes-Man $LNG $APA $LNG has been riding the 9ema and I have picked at it when it kisses this moving average. Short puts Feb 110 strike. Long common. Have to go look at cost… not the only fish in the pond not behaving as I would like today
- vitoB: @Yes-Man $LNG $APA also long $APA, hindsight wish i could have lightened up last friday to reload today, but wanted to maintain exposure because of risk of geo politics
- Jazman0013: @vitoB $LNG $APA I was looking at a bull put spread on $LNG but the lower strike had lower open interest than I would like. I opted to short the Feb 110 puts. I would want to own this there.
- vitoB: watchin $APA $F $DVN for early swings
- Jazman0013: @vitoB $APA $F $DVN $APA up premarket .60 $F down 1.53. Own both and watching closely. Good luck to us all $F looks like it is coming up off the lows
- Pokersmith: @Jazman0013 $APA $F $DVN see also : $AMLP Monster dividend yield 💰
- vitoB: $APA awesome..think this will be bought all day...lightening up now from 35 but will be in and out all day hopefully profitably each time
- Jazman0013: @vitoB $APA I was waiting for a pullback that didn’t come. Long common. Was going to short more puts. Didn’t get the entry
- vitoB: $HUT hut hut hike time...lets go, back in $APA
- vitoB: $APA near highs of day with volume still coming in
- woodman: @vitoB $APA - Relentless march higher in these names. See also $EOG $MRO $AR $CLR $CVX. And $MUR mentioned by @Carpe_Diem below.
- vitoB: $APA back to vwap, adding
- vitoB: $APA underperforming bump in $XOP, dissapointing, sold some in the am, still holding but dissapointed
- Mnatale: @vitoB $APA $XOP not going to hold over the WE will wait for what Monday brings but yes a tad disappointed.
- scottrades: Team: I will be away from the forum tomorrow! Here are my video notes: $SPY We have a Daily Higher Low, need a higher high. $QQQ Earnings (Russian) Roulette. $XLE Still working $XOP Clear resistance $XLF Above the MAs. $XLU Not a sector I tend to trade but close to the 50 Day $XLP Popping out of a slope line. #Bitcoin High Correlation to the Nasdaq. $AMZN Big move After Hours $FB Big miss, is all the selling done? $TSLA Took some off the 200 Day and sold it today. $AAPL Closed a swing off the 50 Day. $CVE Sold some today but holding the rest $APA Still in an uptrend. $CLR Big cup $MGY Watch over today’s high. $HES Watch 95.10 $LNG Still above the 8EMA $CF in trend. $DVN Trending up $AA Stopped at resistance but had great volume $ZIM Still working. $GOGL Watch 10. Pays a nice Divy
- Jazman0013: $LNG and $APA watching both. Closed $APA puts for a decent gain. A move the 9ema might be tempting to reload or choose another bullish position
- Pokersmith: @scottrades $LNG see also : $APA and $AMLP
- Jazman0013: $APA nice move this morning. Long common and short the Feb 32.50 puts.
- Pokersmith: @Jazman0013 $APA see also : $LNG
- Jazman0013: @Pokersmith $APA $LNG Earning later in the month and the chart looks nearly identical to $APA. BuCS… Earnings on the 24th of Feb. 105/110 for about 3.75? I don’t like the open interest on the 105 though
- Pokersmith: @Jazman0013 $APA $LNG interesting....thx👍
- Jazman0013: @Pokersmith $APA $LNG welcome. Just don’t like the open interest of the 105 strike
- Jazman0013: @Pokersmith $APA $LNG not sure I’m going to go for it here. I closed all my $ZIM option positions. Think I am going to sit tight for a little bit and watch from the sideline.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY 3 Days Up $QQQ Back above the 200 Day but still lagging. $XLE New Highs $OIH Close to the highs $XOP Close to the highs $XLF Back above the 50 Day $XLP See the slope? $SMH Holding the 200 Day. #Bitcoin at resistance. #Ethereum outperforming again. $GBTC currently trading at a 25% Discount to NAV. $SU Nice move, earnings tomorrow $CVE Took this today $APA Short base $MGY Clear resistance $BP Flag $XOM Big move today. $LNG Pokersmith mention. $ZIM Still holding. $DAC a tad extended.. $CF Mentioned this morning in my note. $MOS Boom! $PM Earning next week. Short base. $AAPL Working, but remember what’s overhead. $TSLA nice move off the 200 Day $NVDA Off the 200 Day. $MSFT Trying to base, patience needed imo. $GOOGL Big move AH on Earnings, let’s see how it trades tomorrow. 20:1 Stock split! $PYPL Getting crushed AH.
The sectors I’ll be focused on today are the TMLs like $TSLA, $AAPL, $MSFT and $NVDA. I’ll also be watching the $XLE Stocks like $APA, $CVE, $SU, $WMB, $PDCE, $CNX, $CTVA and the shippers like $ZIM.
Ignore the noise and follow the boun ...
- Jazman0013: $APA I took a little this morning as it came to the 9ema.
- scottrades: $APA close to a resistance zone here. Support at the 8EMA.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Nowhere to Hide. $QQQ Under the MAs $XLE Sill in trend. $GLD Broke a key support zone but closed above. #Crypto Biden to Regulate as a Matter of National Security: https://www.barrons.com/articles/white-house-executive-action-regulate-cryptos-national-security-51643312454 $TSLA Watch around the 200 Day $AMD Watch around the 200 Day. $TER Watch for a rebound trade. $AAPL Still prints money. Watch to see how it acts tomorrow. $MSFT Trying to base along the 200 Day $NVDA Same $APA Still above the MAs. $SU Above the MAs $XOM Above the MAs $CVE Flagging above the Mas $CVS Good volume
- DAN: Good morning. The market is set to open much higher this morning after Microsoft's ($MSFT) conference call last night. The stock initially sold off after the raw numbers were disappointing. [Hard to see how the year-over-year quarterly numbers wer ...
DAN: What's Working in a Bloodbath? A big market selloff like we've been experiencing will typically reveal the stocks and sectors that are strong...and are going to get even stronger when the carnage is over. Check the Energy Sector ($XLE).
The $XLE ...
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Eyes (and Ears) on the Fed. $QQQ Earnings Season is here, check those dates! $XLE Energy is working! $XLF Trying to hold the 200 Day. $GLD Needs a break out of the range $GDX Needs to get above the 200 Day. $DBC Commodities are leading. $FFTY Growth is not. $ARKK Swinging a small bit of this. #Bitcoin Ark Invest out with a 1M BTC Price Target $TSLA Earnings tomorrow. $MSFT Earnings tonight. Watch tomorrow. Dan mentioned some O&G Stocks in the forum let’s look at those: $APA Above the MAs $OXY Just under the 200 Day $HAL -- (Breakout today, to a new high). $SLB Above the 200 Day $CVX -- New high $XOM Watch for a PB $FANG Watch the weekly high $DVN Watch 52 Also let’s look at: $VNOM (another OG Stock) $SU Flagging $CF (AG Stock)
- Pokersmith: @bRobert $APA just another feather in your cap
- scottrades: Oil and Gas stocks holding up ok. $OXY $EOG $APA $MRO $DVN $COP
- PhooeyQuai: @scottrades $OXY $EOG $APA $MRO $DVN $COP
- Wykeman: $APA Nice little spike AH
- Pokersmith: @Wykeman $APA 👍one of my 5 positions. Really acting well
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $APA I have no reservations owning this stock
- Pokersmith: @bRobert #Energy #Oil #Gas #Coal What do you think of $APA?
- Pokersmith: @Carpe_Diem $EQT see also : $APA
- scottrades: $APA another O&G Stock making a move out of a base. Good 1 hour volume.
- slp20: @scottrades $APA Good calls. Popped out of it’s pivot today. $OXY IBD pivot is 35.75 Weather report for No. Hemi predicts colder than normal Jan & Feb. although it’s hotter than normal in Argentina Cha! Cha! Cha! Reference. Enelyst.com
Here are some stocks that have triggered so far this year and the signals are still valid $APA $ed $ERX $KMB $KO $LYG $ TSN $WFC $WLL $XLE $XOM These all went inside year and up. Put these in a watch list and see how they perform for the year.
- Docoof: @Aragorn $TSLA $APA $ed $ERX $KMB $KO $LYG $WFC $WLL $XLE $XOM Wow! Fantastic post—Thank you!
- woodman: @Aragorn $TSLA $APA $ed $ERX $KMB $KO $LYG $WFC $WLL $XLE $XOM - Professor Aragorn!
- gphelps: @Aragorn $TSLA $APA $ed $ERX $KMB $KO $LYG $WFC $WLL $XLE $XOM Thank you!
- Aloha05: @Aragorn $TSLA $APA $ed $ERX $KMB $KO $LYG $WFC $WLL $XLE $XOM Thank you so much for sharing the 'Inside bar' Strategy. It is great learning for newbies like me. Much much appreciated. I have your picks on my watchlist and will monitor them.
- Aragorn: @Aloha05 $TSLA $APA $ed $ERX $KMB $KO $LYG $WFC $WLL $XLE $XOM these are stocks that triggered an inside bar to the upside this year. Since it is a red year so far, stocks that are green should be paid attention to. It is good to take notice of these stocks as they are bucking the trend which means there is demand in them. GL and study so you will kick some A and take no prisoners
- scottrades: Here's my notes: $SPY At the 8EMA. $QQQ Still under the MAs. $SMH Re-bounding on volume. $XLF Trending up. $XLI Above the MAs. $XME Chopping in a long base $XLE Energy going! #Bitcoin Is 40K the new 30K? $LCID Bought this today. $TSLA Running into a bit of resistance at the MAs $AMZN Still in a long base. $FB Back to the slope. Are the sellers gone? $GS at the 50 Day $NVDA Still in the Channel $TECK Dan raised the stop to 28.70 $OXY Breaking out of a short base. Mentioned in the forum $APA Another O&G trade, great volume $ZIM Finally breaking out, nice work in the forum. $BRO Tight along the MAs $FNF Mentioned last video $JEF Also moving on volume. $KLAC Semi Stock, Earning coming up, still under the slope. $TER Looks the same. $MRVL Great rebound. $AA Watch 63. Earnings next week
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY At the 50 Day, but indecisive. $QQQ Bounce Day. $XOP Still above the 50 Day $IYR Holding the 50 Day $XLI Above all the MAs $XLF Same $IYT Still in an uptrend. #XLE Squeezing up. A bit extended now. $ERF Good volume. $OXY Basing above the 50 Day. $COP Coming out of a squeeze $FNF Close to the highs $CLR Another Oil Squeeze $BRO In a good group $APA Watch above 30. $AMAT Close to the 50 Day $KLAC Peep the slope $TER Same pattern $AMD Higher low? $NVDA At support $TSLA Close to the 50 Day $F Built Tough! $CSX Still trending. Earnings this month $NSC Near the highs. $CP Under the 50 Day $AER A bRobert Airport Special $ATKR Close to the 50 Day
- Eng_trader: $APA bounce near the 21 EMA and making a bullish engulfing candle
- lostsheep: $apa another beaten down oil working through pivots trying to revisit 18
- scottto_2: #InsideBarList - My OCD kicked in hard on this one - Thanks Sir @Aragorn - $AAL $AAOI $AAPL $ABC $ABT $ABUS $ACAD $ADI $ADS $AEM $AES $AFL $AGCO $AGIO $AIG $AKAM $AKTX $ALE $ALGT $AMCX $AMN $AMP $AMT $AMZN $AN $ANET $ANGI $ANTM $AON $APA $APD $APRN $ ...
- lostsheep: $FCX $VALE $BP $DVN $KMI $SU $APA $MRO $OXY on my daily reversal watch list $TNX at hod
- lostsheep: $APA along with others nice kick off the 50
$MRO $OXY $APA $DVN (which sports a 2.85% dividend) $CPE $CNX and $FANG (2.02% yield). This is an incomplete list, and I've focused on the ones that look like they may provide good places to enter.
A couple of other stocks to watch: $AMC is flirtin ...
Apache Corporation is an independent energy company that explores, develops and produces natural gas, crude oil and natural gas liquids.It has interests in six countries, divided into seven operating regions.Request Video of APA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Apache Corporation finding support at the 200 dayBy Josh July 5th, 2013
- November 2nd, 2022 - 2022 Q3 Earnings
- $15.61 24.65%
- $12.23 22.66%
- $9.17 21.58%
- $31.75 -8.34%
- $9.00 -5.83%
- $55.11 -5.68%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 88,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (88,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!