Arista Networks Inc. (NYSE:ANET)
Old Forum Content for ANETMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- cshanggu: $ANET nice move
- debeers: $PANW traded hat in for $ANET
I’m currently holding $SSO, $SHOP and $ANET
Solar stocks are still holding up well in this market. Keep an eye on $TAN. $ARRY is close to support, $ENPH is the near the highs, and so is $FSLR.
I also see $XME creeping higher and it’s ...
- scottrades: Selling my $ANET as it's unable to get going here
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Would like to see a pullback $QQQ PPI Surprise Pop sold into $UUP Watch/Listen for any Fed Speak $XLE Still the place to be $XOP Same $GDX Holding up well. Watch for an entry. $SMH At the 200 Day $SHOP Sold this today. $MSFT Would like to see this base. $ANET Still making higher lows, but whippy $APA Flag $CNQ Watch 62.60 $COP Flag $CVE Flag $DINO New high good volume $OVV Breaking out of a range $DVN Bought this today $SM Also looking good $FRO New High $XOM Near the highs $ADM Channel $BTU At resistance
- scottrades: Slight flag on $ANET
- scottrades: @scottrades $ANET Up, but tentative.
- abalagam: Swing trader bought $ANET
- scottrades: @abalagam $ANET Nice! Posted the chart below.
- debeers: $AMD/$ANET/$EMR/$HSY-median target up another 10%-it will then reach it and then the earnings will come yet again, $MTDR/$PSX/ $SQM down today but IMO the earnings will crush on Wednesday AMC. Have a great day everyone.
- jpoko13: $ANET gap up and broke out
- Angdionk: @Scottrades $ANET doing decent
- scottrades: @Angdionk $ANET Oh nice one. Looks similar to $ON
- Angdionk: @scottrades $ANET $ON um thats you that brought our attention to it. on my watchlist after your suggestion
- scottrades: @Angdionk $ANET $ON Great job keeping track of it. I didn't have it on my list for today.
- scottrades: My video notes: COTD: Here’s the DL on $DV $SPY Lower Low $QQQ Lower Low $UUP Lower please $TNX Still in trend $VIX Still in trend $XLE Watch 73 $GLD Holding up $GDX Good Weekly volume $TAN Back to the 200 Day $SDS Still in trend $QID Still in trend $GBTC Uhh guys, Bitcoin is actually doing ok!? $AAPL Nope. $NFLX Maybe. $TWTR Possible news trade. $ANET Watch 117.60 $CCRN Near the highs $DKS Watch 117.70 $ENPH Watch 294.50 $FSLR Holding the 21 EMA $PCTY Slope $DVN Potential Gap Fill $KGC Low Dollar Gold Stock $GOLD Watching $WPM Watching $FNV Watching
- Rjeletrik: $ANET Nice uptrend on weekly last 3 weeks. Support at 200dma, rising 50dma, defined risk trade, sp
- majida_perveen: @scottrades What does the market action look like? $ANET has been strong, would you consider buying?
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $ANET The market action is choppy and indecisive. I like that $ANET is holding the 200 Day MA, but would like more conviction in the move. It's still running into some supply. In this market, I would prefer to get it close to the previous days high with a tight stop. I see resistance at 123.50. You could try some here with a stop at 120, but I would be small. It's a rebound not a breakout.
- majida_perveen: @scottrades $ANET How about $CELH?
- Docoof: @scottrades $ANET $CELH I know this isn’t your typical post, but it certainly reminds how lucky we are to have you in the forum. So, for the umpteenth time, thanks Scott!
- scottrades: @Docoof $ANET $CELH Thanks Doc! That means a lot. I take being here very seriously and it's a privilege to work with you all.
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $ANET $CELH Out of respect for your time and to help you understand what I look for in an entry, I've attached a chart. THE BLACK ARROW is where I wanna buy the stock. I want to get it as the crosses above resistance and does it, idea ...
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY /$QQQ Chop City $TNA Day 2 $UUP Still in an uptrend. $TNX Near the highs $TAN Nice day 2 $DRIP Inverse Oil $SMH Holding the slope $ARKK Holding the higher low $IBB /$XBI Big volume $URA Don’t ignore the yellow cake $TSLA In for a cup of coffee $AAPL Not leading $AMZN at the 50 Day $NVDA Holding the Weekly low $AMD Day 2 $ON Big move, strong close, wish it was tighter. $WOLF This is the risk if you chase. $ENPH Took partials today. $SEDG Extended $ARRY Unable to break out yet. $CSIQ Downgraded, but holding the 21 EMA $SHLS Downgraded, shook it off. $RUN Dan mentioned today $CI Basing $HUM At the 50 Day $CALM A Bit wide but near some highs $CELH Let’s talk abou Buy Points $ANET Good volume into the close. $QSR Mentioned in the forum
- MongosPawn: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $TNA $UUP $TNX $TAN $DRIP $SMH $ARKK $IBB $XBI $URA $TSLA $AAPL $AMZN $NVDA $AMD $ON $WOLF $ENPH $SEDG $ARRY $CSIQ $SHLS $RUN $CI $HUM $CALM $CELH $ANET $QSR Great strategy session. Love the details of your thought process. Very instructive.
- Crodmm: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $TNA $UUP $TNX $TAN $DRIP $SMH $ARKK $IBB $XBI $URA $TSLA $AAPL $AMZN $NVDA $AMD $ON $WOLF $ENPH $SEDG $ARRY $CSIQ $SHLS $RUN $CI $HUM $CALM $CELH $ANET $QSR Your videos are always so helpful. Especially in this chop, you help me stay focused on risk. I appreciate when you say it’s ok to miss a stock that is going up to focus on risk management. This market has really messed with my head. Thanks for keeping us grounded. You Dan and Rocky do such a great job. But most importantly you care.
- Geewhiz: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $TNA $UUP $TNX $TAN $DRIP $SMH $ARKK $IBB $XBI $URA $TSLA $AAPL $AMZN $NVDA $AMD $ON $WOLF $ENPH $SEDG $ARRY $CSIQ $SHLS $RUN $CI $HUM $CALM $CELH $ANET $QSR Your videos with their consistent approach is a terrific teaching aide. Stick to your pedagogy. It works for me. Tremendous value to the assemblage.
- rythm: $ANET cleared the 200d cup and handle breakout looks like
- debeers: $ANET-pp 123.39. LONG NOW
- Cjauger: $ANET, $JNPR moving up
- DAN: $ANET -- The $ANET trade was stopped out on the opening gap this morning, but is now rebounding. I will take it off the list because the stop was hit. If I didn't think it would cause confusion, I'd leave it open because I coach traders to remove any stops that are gapping below those stops and re-initiate them if the price rebounds. But...I've learned that this just creates issues with people who feel like they got screwed. If you still happen to be long ANET, you should decide where your stop is. The trade lost just around 1%, so it wasn't a big deal. I probably would not take a new position...but I would be comfortable holding any position that I had open. Dan
- scottrades: My stop was hit on my remaining $ANET
This leaves just five stocks on the list: $ANET $RTX $DRVN $CLR and $NOG.
All things considered, this has been a pretty good week for us. $SFIX was a monster trade. And if you are still tracking the stock you will see that our exit was graceful an ...
I’m still holding $ANET but still watching the $SMH sector to see if we get a trigger on that potential Inverse Head & Shoulders pattern I pointed out on Tuesday. As you know I like $ON because it’s close to the highs, but don’ ...
- DAN: @scottrades $ANET $SMH $ON $AMD $LSCC $QCOM $NVDA $TSM $XLE $DVN $RRC $XOM Great note this morning, Scott! Really good info. I'm also looking at $CLR as another potential trade in the O&G space. $70 is the current top and it looks like it's got more work to do before having enough support to spring higher, but the buyers are there.
- scottrades: $ANET strong into the close.
$DVN Bought this today
$CLR added to the ATL
$NOG Added to the ATL
$RRC Watch 34.70
$XOM Trying to creep out of the slope
$NOC Holding in trend
$RTX Holding the MAs
$MA Clear slope
$TSLA Going sideways
$GOOGL Going sideways
- Cjauger: @scottrades $JNPR thank you, it is in the same sector as $ANET. $JNPR and $ANET are taking share from $CSCO
$ANET - from 118.80 to 122.74
$DQ - from 61.80 to 62.50
$IWM - from 190.00 to 195.50
$QLD - from 51.40 to 54.90
$RBLX -- from 42.65 to 44.90
$SSO - from 53.80 to 55.20
$RTX - still at 90.90
You can always check the status of the ATL here:
- scottrades: $ANET Holding up well.
- Cjauger: $ANET holding up well
- scottrades: $ANET Near HOD. It's my only swing at the moment. May consider adding into the close.
- McGuire-MJ: @scottrades $ANET Interesting. Where is your stop today?
- scottrades: @McGuire-MJ $ANET Still 126. Haven't added or done anything with the position yet.
$ANET -- still working ok. Just drifting.
$IWM -- Still moving along the 8-day EMA
$SSO -- Still working
$RBLX -- testing support on 3rd consecutive day of decline. Needs to hold $45.
$DRVN -- Consolidating here. Not likely to break higher from h ...
- scottrades: $ANET Testing yesterdays high.
- scottrades: $ANET HOD.
- scottrades: Swingers consider a partial stop on $ANET at LOD.
- DAN: Stop Adjustments on Select Stocks on ATL $DRVN -- from 29.90 to 30.50 $ANET - from 118.80 to 122.74 $DQ - from 61.80 to 62.50 $IWM - from 190.00 to 195.50 $QLD - from 51.40 to 54.90 $RBLX -- from 42.65 to 44.90 $SSO - from 53.80 to 55.20 You can always check the status of the list here: https://stockmarketmentor.com/active-trades-list/ --Dan
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY The Battle for 430. $QQQ Flat $IWM Check the adjustments on the ATL $TNX Watch the Flag $UUP Higher Low. China Upside Pressure. $TLT Holding the 50 Day $XLE Oil Down. Oil Stocks, Ok. $SMH Watch the 247 $ARKK Chopping around the 100 EMA $IGV Working $TAN Holding up well $DBC Commodities are tough right now $URA Holding the 21 EMA (Germany Not closing plants) #Bitcoin Bottom of the wedge $AMZN Challenging the 200 Day $TSLA Holding the 200 Day $GOOGL Slow but fine $META Watch 184 $MSFT Bumping against the 200 Day $NVDA Holding the 8EMA $AMD Holding 100 $ON Holding near the highs $TXN High Handle $ANET Working $RBLX Holding the 21 EMA $SFIX Great trade on the ATL! $BBBY Meme Stock mania $ENPH Basing $NOC Watch 490 $FLNG Hitting the highs. Earnings August 24 $XOM Slope $UNH Near the highs $AN Breakout
- DAN: Good morning. Stocks are down just a bit this morning, as is typical for Mondays. Stops for the Active Trade List: $QLD - 51.40 $SSO - 53.80 $IWM - 190.00 $SFIX - 6.60 $DQ - 61.80 $ANET - 118.80 $RBLX - 42.65 Here is the link to this morning's live training session at 8 am PT / 11 am ET. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81446581551 --Dan
A lot to keep your eye on this week including the active trade list. I am looking to initiate options trades on $ANET,$DQ and have trade in $RBLX on the books already. I have been trading the others on the list but have been exiting daily as I a ...
- scottrades: Dan's trade on $ANET still looking good. Nice, tight hourly chart.
- bigbartabs: @Rockstar $SPY $QQQ $IWM $SMH $ARKK $TAN $XBI $XLV $ANET $DQ $RBLX ... your comment on short covering, there is a difference... are you saying that short covering volume doesn't show in a ticker's up/down volume?
- scottrades: Dan's ATL Trades from the live webinar. $SSO $QLD $ANET $SFIX $IWM $DQ $RBLX
- scottrades: @Nepenthe $RTX Honestly the trade has been working and is actionable today with a strong close. I was just looking elsewhere and missed the buy. Now I'm in $ANET and $GOOGL.
- Rockstar: @bigbartabs $SPY $QQQ $IWM $SMH $ARKK $TAN $XBI $XLV $ANET $DQ $RBLX Hi there. Yes it shows in volume, but if there were a number of buyers not just short covering putting upward pressure than volume would be higher.
- scottrades: Mentioned in the Live Webinar that I started a position in $ANET today. Small with tight stop. Following the 1 hour trend.
- majida_perveen: @scottrades $ANET what's your stop?
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $ANET I'm using Today's low right now.
- bigbartabs: @Rockstar $SPY $QQQ $IWM $SMH $ARKK $TAN $XBI $XLV $ANET $DQ $RBLX ... if just short covering... I see what you were getting to. Thanks.
- scottrades: I'll look to add to my $ANET on a strong close with volume.
- lil_nicky: @scottrades $ANET Would you shout if you add?
- scottrades: @lil_nicky $ANET Sure thing! I'm locked on it now.
- scottrades: Small add on $ANET into the close.
$ANET - Basis: 127.60 Stop: 118.80. Also flat. Leaving it alone.
$RBLX - Basis: 51.00 Stop: 42.65. Flat -- keeping a pretty loose stop…though you can tighten yours if you want to.
Big themes with staying power:
Remember th ...
- scottrades: $ANET Firming up in case you missed the entry with @Dan yesterday.
$ANET -- down 0.4%. Breakout yesterday on average volume. It's resting today and I'm leaving the stop at 118.80, which is just below the 200-day moving average.
$RBLX - up 4.5%. This was just added a while ago. The stop is down at 42.65. That's pre ...
- marketdude: @DAN $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX Great life post Dan and it reminds me of a quote you mentioned awhile back "if you do today what others won't you'll have tomorrow what others don't!"
- champ: @marketdude $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX .......this is what needs to be remembered ......" Opportunities are not made...they are Recognized and Exploited "..........
- MongosPawn: @DAN $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX Great stuff Dan!
- DAN: @MongosPawn $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX Thanks MOngo.
- DAN: @champ $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX Exactly. Gotta see em to take advantage of 'em. And the more you focus on success, the more opportunities you will see.
- DAN: @marketdude $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX Thanks dude. My wife put a sign on our refrigerator (which is where all the demons reside in our house): "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you."
- vcondry: @DAN $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX Thank you for the honesty and insight...a much needed kick in the a$$. Always appreciate the extra thoughts you drop in from time to time that I don't/haven't got on other services...helps yours to stand out from all the "me too's".
- champ: @DAN $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX ....That was one of your Quotes, from many years ago.....
- futr: @DAN $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX Where is the thumbs up for this post hey.?
- champ: @futr $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX ...You need to give yourself a #Thumbs-up, for being a New member in the Forum, now you will become Wealthier and Wiser....and that will also make you Healthier and Happier. LOL
- msing3: @DAN $QLD $SSO $IWM $SFIX $DQ $ANET $RBLX Dittos Dan !
- scottrades: $SPY No FOMO. $QQQ Low Volume pullback $UUP Under the 50 Day $TNX Closed the Gap $SMH Push back at resistance $XLE Don’t call it a comeback $XBI Consolidating around the 200 Day $TAN Still in an uptrend $ARKK Downside Reversal around the 100 EMA $IGV Weak but low volume. #Bitcoin / #Ethereum, A bit extended. Know your time frame. $AAPL Look for a PB $AMZN Right at the 200 Day $TSLA Elon Selling $GOOGL Sold at the close $MSFT Watch for a Pullback buy $ANET Holding up in trend $SNPS Still in trent $RBLX Added to the ATL $NVDA Consolidating $ON Sold Half $AMD Consolidating $JKS Sold some, hold some. $DQ Holding up ok. $ENPH Consolidating along the 8EMA New Ideas: $MUSA Short base. Trades a bit thin. $ASO Above a short base. Good volume $CTAS Consolidating near the highs $COST Basing $PAG Handle
- majida_perveen: @scottrades Thoughts on $ANET, and other earning movers like $NET & $TTD?
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $ANET $NET $TTD I think ANET looks buyable with a stop under yesterdays low. I think NET needs to tighten up.
- DAN: It's too late to chat up this idea as an active trade idea, but check $ANET. Nice breakout from a flag today. Screw it. I'm writing it up.
- DAN: Adding $ANET to the Active Trade List. Basis: 127.60 Stop: 118.80 Nice move out of a tight flag pattern. Stop below the 200-day moving average. --Dan
- MmaxX: @DAN $ANET thanks Dan looks good to me and amazingly I caught this idea posted 10m before the closing bell lol
$ANET - Basis: 127.60. Stop at 118.80
$ARKK -- Under accumulation. Compare this with bitcoin/ethereum.
$PYPL -- worth watching. But this pattern has limited upside.
$TSLA -- worth watching. But this pattern has limited upside.
- DAN: @MmaxX $ANET 8-)
- ar2006: @scottrades Are $SI, $SEDG and $ANET actionable?
- scottrades: @ar2006 $SI $SEDG $ANET I think SEDG was actionable this morning. A bit extended now. I'd consider $TAN with a stop under yesterdays low.
- woodman: @scottrades $SI $SEDG $ANET $TAN - I haven't given up on $JKS yet as it builds a base at the 50d.
- ar2006: @scottrades Are $ANET & $RGEN earning movers buyable?
- scottrades: @ar2006 I think that $RGEN is a bit extended now. I'd like to see $ANET Bounce and turn green.
- Auto: $ANET $CROX $PLTR $HTZ $NFLX $LLY $AMZN added early long
- scottrades: $ANET Moving over a small base.
- debeers: $ANET-so embarrassed-forgot about this one. A way to play in Nasdaq without getting crushed- i have a half position.
- wanda1616: @debeers $ANET was looking at new high list last night..AKAM....some old school networkers etc.
- debeers: $ANET-@Wanda, IMO the leader in the space.
- debeers: $AAPL/$ANET/$BX/$HSY/$NVDA/$TSLA/$TXRH-i had to rebuy the $TSLA today when it stayed above the opening print. $ANET is solid gold and the chart confirms. i was looking at high end eateries (since high end apparel wasn't working) and $TXRH even had a ...
- abalagam: @bRobert $ANET what is your opinion on $ANET?
Arista Networks Inc with its subsidiaries is a supplier of cloud networking solutions that use software innovations to address the needs of large-scale Internet companies, cloud service providers and next-generation enterprise.Request Video of ANET
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $5.15 47.27%
- $34.25 43.40%
- $56.89 32.07%
- $14.68 -36.70%
- $11.06 -24.35%
- $372.36 -21.84%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 90,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (90,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!