Lumentum Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:LITE)
Old Forum Content for LITEMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- issues: I bought 25 shares of $LITE and put in a stop 4 points below where I bought it. So that means I can lose $100 and gain - - - whatever?? I bought BHC on this pull back. They crushed earnings but it dropped anyway. I sold 50 shares of $ENPH yesterday to avoid a drop on earnings. I kept 25 shares. And surprise - Earnings beat and stock soared 15 points. So I made $600 on the 50 I sold at $40, and I am up another $600 on the remaining 25 shares. I just wish I had kept all the shares. I am going to take a chance on $OLED and buy now before tomorrow's earnings report. I know shares of AAPL went down since China sales are expected to be declining due to the Corona virus, but still the stock $AAPL isn't that bad. I think OLED goes higher after earnings. BUYING NOW!
- champ: $LITE real nice, HOD, Day-1 off of yesterdays 3-day correction.
debeers: $AAPL/$$LITE- While Apple is up 1.30% today, Lumentum is up 1.65%. For every new iphone thatApple sells there are will be 3 LITE chips in it. here are the 3 most recent analyst ratings on the stock:
Jeffries 100 from 74
PiperSandler 95 from 72
- champ: $ALB $LITE $SQM.....HOD.. a great move off of Super-$TSLA.
- champ: Hey, where are you guys going...$ALB $LITE.
- Richlion1: @champ $ALB $LITE wow I lost touch with $ALB. Do you have both of these.
- Auto: $LITE good E break on the daily added
- champ: @Auto.... $LITE, $ALB, Yes both are really hanging in, they told me where they were going today but they didn't say anything about tomorrow, I will be swinging.
- champ: @Richlion1 $ALB $LITE ---- Know real size, I just saw your post.
- debeers: @Sandra $LITE - True about the accounting rules and, with Niles long the stock, they were in no rush to discuss that. While it is true that there must be 3 $LITE chips in all the new i phones,all the Apple distribution centers,warehouses and offices are now closed in China and no employees fro here will be going there until restrictions are lifted.If China is 20% of the market........ The cases are growing exponentially there and is there any rush to get into anything right now?
- issues: @Sandra $LITE Thank you Sandra for you answer.
- champ: @Sandra $LITE --- I always tape both of her weekends shows, always follow the News for stocks idea's. This will be a bounce trade....also at some point, down the road.
Niles said he was short $LITE, but now he's gone long LITE.
He prefers LITE (AAPL supplier) to AAPl since LITE has a growth rate that's better than $AAPL. It's 30%! He also is long $NTES $BABA $IQ and $TCEHY. He says Chinese people will stay in thei ...
- Sandra: @issues I watched Maria’s show and was interested in $LITE until she asked Niles if it bothered him that they don’t follow our accounting rules. I’m glad she asked the question.
- champ: $ALB...#CopyCat-Traders, gave investors room to add-on this morning, at around $78.75. .....Keep an eye on both of these also...$LITE and $SQM.
$LITE -- “AAPL continues higher, as does LITE.”
$TNDM -- please evaluate as long term hold. Consider fundamentals and FDA approval? Fundies are OK -- sales are very strong. Accelerating. But no earnings. Margins are negative -- so lo ...
- gig1: @DAN $AEM $SPX $DJI $NDX $FFTY $BOOT $PRFT $EDU $FNV $RGLD $WPM $DAVA $TXG $LDOS $NOV $TERM $TTC $ZIOP $TDOC $KBH $LITE $TNDM $CSCO $UNIT $FLT violated your stop. Does it still remain on the GSL?
- bsafriet: $NOVT Putting in a triple top - or should I say is forming a triple top. One of my trading mentors once made a comment that a test of/formation of a triple doesn’t usually fail. Hope he is right. Long the stock with an entry at $93.40 and a stop at $88.13, the EMA(8). If I was absolutely positive, I’d be buying long calls - waiting foe a n ew ATH before doing that! While you are looking at $NOVT check $LITE. Long from below and expect it to take-off if we really do get a China trade deal some day for something besides soy beans and pork bellies.
- issues: BO on $LITE after beat on earnings. Holding $IPHI and (unrelated adding to $HFC)! stopped out $JPM.
- Auto: $LITE 59 min trade
- Auto: $LITE my 59 min will now be long
- brice: @cb $BIDU #59MT Watching also. $LITE and $PINS also
- cb: @brice $BIDU $LITE $PINS #59MT Thanks for the other ideas
- CraigReynolds: @brice @cb $BIDU $LITE $PINS #59MT Your $PINS and my $PINS is working well now. Thanks for bringing to attention
- brice: @CraigReynolds $BIDU $LITE $PINS #59MT In $BIDU and out quicky. Did not work. Rode $PINS for ~ 40 mins. Nice ride!
- CraigReynolds: @brice $BIDU $LITE $PINS #59MT Same
- debeers: $LITE-It is significantly lighter now--down 11.10 after earnings on 4.9mm shares. NP.
- Frozen Tundra: @captron $VIVA $LITE Long term holder. $VIVA and $LITE were created into two different company's from JDSU.
- Spotdog: @captron $VIAV Bought at end of last week for a hold. weekly chart looks really good. I have $LITE as well
- bsafriet: $LITE has broken above congestion, long stock
Some ETF’s with exposure to 5G
- greenpatrol: @DrScience $AAPL $AMD $AMT $CEVA $CCI $CDNS $ERIC $GOOGL $HLIT $INTC $JNPR $KEYS $LITE $MSFT $MXIM $MXL $NATI $NOK $NVDA $OIIM $ORCL $QCOM $QRVO $SQNS $SWKS $T $TSM $TXN $VIAV $VOD $VZ $XLNX $XPER $SMH $FTXL $IYZ $XKII $XLK $XLC $XSD #Smartphone #5G #IOT Add $AKTS to that #5G list. They make the RF wafers that go in the new handsets. Many more required than for 4G.
- spmeyers: Short candidates: I did a scan Thursday for NYSE stocks that broke below the lower bollinger band -- several dozen showed up, most of them with downsloping 200-day and 50-day, and price below those lines. Quite a few are failing after a rebound to the 50-day or so. I'm working off 1-year daily charts. A few I started that still have room to fall are $CDEV, $LITE, $MDRX, $SPB, $CLB, $CX. I'm keeping stops fairly loose. Also $ECA
- debeers: $LITE/$QRVO/$SWKS-All suppliers s/b down between 5-7% on Thursday.
$LITE – oversold rebound...rubber band snapback. This is what it looks like over the next few days.
$UBNT – noted that a breakout above $112.38 would be an aggressive power move buy. Volume is good. This is aggressive.
$FNSR – t ...
- BocaRick: $Lite 7% bounce, now below 40, $Roku minor bounce,
- Robert1965: @BocaRick $Lite Did you trade it
- chanlizhang: $LITE is there more upside in this rebound ?
- Robert1965: @chanlizhang $LITE I missed it If I got 38.25 or lower I take some off the table now 40.30
- chanlizhang: @Robert1965 $LITE thank you Robert. I was thinking If I could try a small entry at 39.90
- BocaRick: @Robert1965 $Lite just a short 15 minute trade, sold too soon.
- 86944T: @chanlizhang $LITE I have already been in it twice today. Buy at VWAP and sell when it goes up a buck. Probably have to watch it all day long. Sellers keep coming in when it goes up.
- Robert1965: $LITE is anyone looking to Short if falls under 40
- 86944T: @Robert1965 $LITE. Back at VWAP. Will it bounce again or go down?
- DAN: $LITE -- this might be your 59 minute trade today gang. Down to $35 in pre-market, and now up to $41.61. Dan
- tjv821: @DAN $LITE can u play the 59 min trader with options if so whats the best way??
- DAN: @tjv821 $LITE bid/ask spreads are pretty wide, so that's a problem. You want liquid options. Selling OTM puts is my preferred method, but the options are a bit thin for that.
- mlgold99: @DAN $LITE So, premarket high was $42.80 thus far. Do we wait for it to break above that before jumping in or do we wait to see where it settles premarket, use that as a stop and wait for the stock to move higher above....? before jumping in? Thanks
- DAN: @mlgold99 $LITE Stop location is impossible to determine in advance because you just don't know how the stock will trade. But I would suggest looking at $42.80 as "Resistance", and a move above there is a buy signal. I'll post in the forum as the trade unfolds.
- mlgold99: @DAN $LITE Thank you!
- DAN: @DAN $LITE Still selling. Nothing to do here.
- DAN: @DAN $LITE I would avoid this stock unless/until it moves above $44.
- CraigReynolds: @DAN $LITE If it reverses, would 45 be entry?
- CraigReynolds: @CraigReynolds $LITE Okay 44
- DAN: @CraigReynolds $LITE I'd suggest setting an alert at $44 and then just ignoring the stock until that alert is hit. Don't fixate on it...at least that' would be my approach. If it hits 45, sure...it'll go higher.
- DAN: @DAN $LITE Imagine if you bought at the open just because the stock had gapped down so much. You're still holding it, with a 10+% loss and hoping for a turnaround. Always wait for the right setup and trigger. Spotting a setup doesn't entitle you to money. It just prompts you to watch the stock. I've moved on. Maybe it'll work this afternoon, or maybe tomorrow. But there was just no trade today, and it's not really worth the time to keep monitoring it. Just set the alert and forget about it. 8-)
- kus123: @DAN $LITE Thank you for pointing out.
- DAN: @kus123 $LITE For relatively inexperienced traders, there is a fine line between trading the open and gambling. As you gain experience, you will learn the difference. But for newer traders, learning a few methods of daytrading is like getting a new toy. You just want to play with it all the time. But if you continually lose money, you'll ultimately throw the toy away. The toy was fine -- you just weren't playing with it the right way.
- issues: Why the big drop in $ABMD? Cramer did a nice piece on it last week. ABMD looks appetizing at say $320! Are the lights going out? $LITE is down severely but it's competitor $CIEN is holding steady. We hold $CIEN.
- shoredriver: @issues $ABMD $LITE $CIEN ....who is this we you always reference?.......
- issues: @shoredriver $ABMD $LITE $CIEN We are a couple. Just a married couple. Not a mutual fund. Just a happily married couple! Thanks for asking. (Our 28th anniversary was in Sept.)
- shoredriver: @issues $ABMD $LITE $CIEN Funny, there are lots of married folks of all persuasions in the forum that are trading joint, spousal IRA's, childrens funds etc and nobody uses the collective we....whatever.......
COTD: $LITE – guided lower. This hurts $AAPL too. Provides 3d sensing lasers for facial ID. In all premium models. So it is a leading indicator for Apple. Cutting 40% to revenues going into Apple. A 21 million unit shortfall. They already ...
- traderbren: $LITE - got pushed down to the 200d very quickly. NP but my 200d alert hit. Just the nature of this squishy market.
- bsafriet: @traderbren $LITE Did you see any news around 12:00 that explains the sudden drop. I got nothing. Shorts?
- bsafriet: $LITE $OCLR Does anyone have any news or other info why $LITE $OCLR tanked at noon today. I’ve got nothing.
- traderbren: @bsafriet $LITE - nope, didn't find any news for the drop. Could simply be an institution deciding to lighten up and shovel it out the back door. Seems to have regained the 200d, but volume is running higher than average. Stay way. Maybe news will come out tomorrow of a downgrade, or other; as this smacks of someone offloading. Set some alerts up the flag pole so you will be drawn back if it bounces back.
- issues: @bsafriet $LITE $OCLR Competitor of $LITE is $CIEN. We are still holding CIEN.
- champ: @bsafriet $LITE $OCLR ---- $AUKUF....this Austrian chip maker reported earnings, causing sensing stocks to drop.
- champ: $LITE still holding around this $62 $$$ level and they are at a #Optical conference today and will be at another one on Wednesday 9/26, this one is a #Automotive conference.
- issues: @champ $LITE #Optical #Automotive I bought $CIEN instead of $LITE.
- champ: @issues $LITE $CIEN #Optical #Automotive --- Yes, we talked about that before and my trade is only for 1 or 2 more days and I posted about that also. #Good Luck!
- justinp: $LITE Moving out of recent congestion. Defined risk.
- champ: $LITE @ $62 ....Why is this moving-up..... because of News and they will be at another conference on Monday 9/24 (Optical) and again on Wednesday 9/26 (Automotive)..take a look...and they were just at a conference on 9/18 (Auto-Sens)....the bottom line is...the positive #News-Flow should continue, I don't know why it would stop.
- champ: @Robert1965 ---- $TNDM --- $LITE --- $BJ...#Day-3 moving up because $DJI is also #Day-3....but look at $TNDM and $LITE....see posts....if trading pick-out the names that will give up the most upside and I like $BJ...but I like the reasons on the other better...just saying and I'm trailing but I'm giving these a little room because of the dates, that I posted about on both.
- issues: @champ $TNDM (I added a little) $BJ *added yesterday $LITE Yes I see the BO on LITE. The light just went off in my head. But look at the competition CIEN. I don't have either but I think the chart on $CIEN looks better since it didn't have that steep sell off. Thank you!
- Robert1965: @champ $TNDM $LITE $BJ $DJI #Day-3 #Day-3 Thanks
- issues: @justinp $LITE Bought $CIEN since it's got a better chart and better IBD ratings! Accumulation is B, while LITE is C-
- champ: @issues $TNDM $BJ $LITE $CIEN --- Thanks, I took a look. For me, $LITE is a $Bounce-Trade on News, that it is a supplier iPhone X 3D sensing provider and has room and I posted my reasons why I like the trade....and on $CIEN, know question the chart l ...
- champ: @issues $LITE $CIEN --- Maybe you talking about a longer time frame, what are you talking about...?...you have to post your time frame and have a plan ....#remember what I'm taking about, I'm talking about a 4-5 day bounce trade..#Only and as of righ ...
- bRobert: $CIEN pop on earnings Target acquired . Look for pin action in optical. eg $ACIA $LITE $AAOI
- bRobert: $ACIA Adding on pb/bounces LONG term hold. Look at weekly. I expect to see that nice round base to continue climbing. These are momentum stocks and can heat up very quickly as we are starting to see eg $LITE Target 1 $55
- bRobert: $LITE Target met + $68 Stops raised
- alwayslearning: @bRobert $LITE $ACIA $AAOI thanks for this note...took $AAOI...working very nice
- bRobert: $LITE . add on pb/bounces Target $68+ . $ACIA WEEKLY flag . Target $50 . $AAOI . flag . $50 target
- bsafriet: $LITE @64.73, E/R Nov 7, est. PT $75.
- bsafriet: @bsafriet $LITE I buy, somebody dumps approx 7000 shs, price back to R2, $64.40
- bRobert: $LITE Target move $68 on breakout. Add on dips/bounce
- bRobert: $LITE . Long weekly consolidation . Reversal target $68 on daily
- champ: @bRobert $LITE ---- I posted entry at $51.10....at the end of July....on this bounce trade.
- bRobert: $LITE doing some heavy lifting. >50d Other opticals are perky $IIVI $ACIA $FNSR $VG
- champ: $LITE @ $54.70 ...Low risk entry was this morning, for those who were ready.... @ 51.10...alway need to be ready because all the others are always ready.
- champ: @Robert1965 $LGIH --- This will continue to zig-zag...not much you can do. This is a holding stock....but many have #trading-positions-also and they trade this stock ...#around-their-core-position....all stocks work the same. Just have to hold ...to ...
- bRobert: $LITE Watching for move above $61 Sustained breakout
- bRobert: @phgruver $AAOI Just in a trading range right now. Nothing wrong. Lot of people anxious for this to break out. Not ready yet. $LITE $ACIA perky charts.
- champ: $PLCE $OSB $AAOI $LGIH $LITE .....A few low volume stocks.... that appear to be working....
- bRobert: $LITE $AAOI Long . Will add with breakout confirmation pullback/bounce $ACIA Keep an eye on.
- bRobert: $LITE testing $60
- champ: $LITE ....new upgrade, with a target of $75...by Cascend Securities, is why the stock is moving.... RHRN...I added.
- bRobert: $AAOI $LITE $ACIA . Watching for bullish follow through in several set ups. Low risk/high reward
|Stock Price||$USD 73.89|
Lumentum Holdings Inc is engaged in providing optical & photonic products addressing end markets including data communications & telecommunications networking & industrial & commercial lasers for manufacturing, inspection & life-science applications.Request Video of LITE
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 6th, 2020 - 2020 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 16.14 40.18%
- $USD 14.20 23.20%
- $USD 5.36 22.74%
- $USD 18.71 -18.49%
- $USD 5.08 -12.04%
- $USD 14.29 -11.93%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 70,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (70,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!