DAQO New Energy Corp. American Depositary Shares each representing five (NYSE:DQ)
Old Forum Content for DQMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- natural: @scottrades @dan @champ @pokersmith $DQ #offtopic Greetings SMM friends from beautiful Ljubljana, Slovenia. If you haven't been here, I cannot recommend it enough. Looking out our window last night, I noticed a rainbow (it might not show up well in the pic.) Checking the market, I assume the other end landed on all of you! Have a great Friday.
- Pokersmith: @natural $DQ #offtopic Wow...what a view ! Looks like some good eats there across the canal 🍽
- Henry: @natural $DQ #offtopic My grandfather was from Slapno, 2 hours south east of you. While it is a beautiful country, economic issues must have been tough, for him to come to Pennsylvania at age 18 to be a coal miner.
- scottrades: @natural $DQ #offtopic Double Rainbow!!!
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Higher Low still holding $QQQ Right at the 50 Day $UUP Surprised that this hasn’t broken down $TNX Reverting to the mean $ARKK Added to ATL $TAN Volume through the 200 Day $XLE Hard to buy here $SMH Still in a downtrend $IBB Working $KWEB Holding the 21 EMA $AAPL Back above the 50 Day $TSLA Above the 50 Day $ZM Added to ATL $AMZN Working $MSFT Above the 50 Day $GOOGL Really strong $NVDA Still in a down trend but trying to base $META Basing $BIDU Basing $ENPH Added to ATL $DQ Still in trend $JKS Another China Solar stock $SPWR Triangle $PLTR Long $NIO Short report hasn’t mattered yet $CNC Breaking out $ROL Weekly Flag
I have my $GOOGL trades, in anticipation of the rise before the split, $TLT as the Fed is ,well ,the FED, $TAN that I will look at closing part of the position by this Friday, $DQ yes it pulled back but did not violate my conditions on the trade, ...
$DQ -- In an established uptrend now and consolidating between $65 and $75. I'm putting this back on the Active Trade List with a looser stop. I just don't want this one to slip off the radar. Stop is at $63.
$EDU -- Random stock that's up 150% ...
- DAN: My Notes: SS 070722 COTD: Here’s your trade on Zoom Media ($ZM). $SPY -- 4th consecutive day of higher closes, and 5th day relative to the open. Look for more basing and potential upside. Be cautious and observant rather than blindly bearish. $XBI -- Best of the bunch. Lots of potential trades here. Look at stocks like $CTIC -- watch this? $CRSP -- Active Trade List Candidate? $MRNA -- Active Trade List Candidate? Ticker -- Basis -- Stop $HAE - 67.25 -- 59.90 Alert $59.90 $BABA - 120.79 - 110.00 Alert $110 $DQ - 68.14 - 63.00 Alert $63 $FXI - 33.76 - 29.50 Alert $29.50 $WB - 23.07 - 21.50 Alert $21.50 $BIDU - 150.72 - 144.00 Alert $144 $HALO - 48.50 - 43.00 Alert $43 $JKS - 73.90 - 65.20 Alert $65.20 $TDOC - 41.90 - 37.90 Alert $37.90 $TAN - 75.36 68.50 Alert $68.50 $ARKK -- tomorrow? Alert $47 $RBLX tomorrow? Alert $40.00 $NTLA -- soon? Alert $65.10 $ZM -- tomorrow? Alert $122 $CRSP -- Active Trade List Candidate? Alert $80 $MRNA -- Active Trade List Candidate? Alert $173.80
Eli Lilly ($LLY)
Ollie's Bargain Outlet Holdings ($OLLI)
These are stocks in uptrends ($OLLI is not quite there...but it will be in a Price > 50 > 200 order in a couple of weeks.) But spotting ...
- scottrades: $DQ holding the 8EMA.
- bla00109: @DAN $JKS $DQ $HAE $HHS $LLY $OLLI #3 Thanks Dan. Steady hand on the tiller.
- natural: @scottrades $DQ Greetings SMM peeps, from Munich, Germany! The market looks to be still a slopfest, so I'm happy to be an observer (mostly), and happier to be sitting in the Augustiner-Keller beirgarten, enjoying a liter or two... Tomorrow, Ljubljana for us as the summer Euro tour continues. Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
- scottrades: @natural $DQ It sure is. Enjoy the tour and be sure and share some pics!
- natural: @scottrades $DQ I'm long beer calls. Prost!
- Pokersmith: @natural $DQ hmmmmmm...beer 🍺🍻 cheers! Hoist a couple of liters for us 👍
- PRK: @natural $DQ Just charge it to Bigbartabs tab
- scottrades: @natural $DQ Boom!!
- natural: @Pokersmith $DQ Pretty sure this second will be my last! Maybe not?
DAQO ($DQ) -- Big selloff today. Respect your $$
Haemonetics ($HAE) -- Holding up well. A pullback is probably in the cards.
Harte-Hanks ($HHS) -- This is why Icarus’ flight didn’t end well.
Eli Lilly ($LLY)
Ollie's Bargain Outlet Holdin ...
- natural: @PRK $DQ Put it on the Underhills
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Higher Low in play $QQQ Outperforming SPY $UUP Blowoff Top? $TNX Under the 50 Days $TLT Want to see it base above the 50 Day $XLE Pricing In a Recession $TAN Holding the 50 Day $ARKK Above the 50 Day on Volume $IBB Biotech Strength Also see XBI $SMH Still A Lower High $IGV Great volume today $AAPL Higher working, needs a higher High $AMZN Right at Resistance $MSFT Needs to get above the 50 Day $ZM Long this $TSLA Good volume but still under the 21 EMA $GOOGL Monster Move $META CNBC Pumping hard $DQ Trend is fine $ENPH Holding the 200 Day $VRTX Near the highs $HRMY Same $CELH Take over chatter? $NVDA Great volume, needs a higher low $AMD Same $ON Same
DAQO New Energy ($DQ) -- This is a recent active trade that we were stopped out on. But the stock works and I do think it runs higher. The fundamental picture is good, with 2022 being a real breakout year for earnings/share. In 2021, the EPS was 9.8 ...
- DAN: My Notes: SS 070122 COTD: $HHS -- time to take some profits. $SPY -- nothing different anywhere. $HAE -- Active Trade doing well. Just hold it. Next entry at 68.50 Alert $68.50 $OTTR -- Pretty clean breakout at $70. A bit extended…but it can work. Alert $70 Solar is a bright spot: $TAN -- One of the best sectors now. $DQ -- Stopped out…but the stock is still quite strong. $AY -- looking for a test of the 200-day MA. Alert $34.60 $SEDG -- Watch only. $ENPH -- Wait for $220 $JKS -- Nice channeling stock. Wait for the retracement.
- abalagam: $DQ above 70
- stairm01: @abalagam $DQ I have 7 solar stocks on my watch list and they are all green. $TAN $CSIQ $ENPH $SPWR $FLNC $DQ $SEDG
- champ: @stairm01 $DQ $TAN $CSIQ $ENPH $SPWR $FLNC $SEDG......Nice bounce on $CVX this morning also off of LOD........where Traders were also at Work.......with Hit and Run to the bank-trades.
- Cjauger: $DQ green in a sea of red
- bRobert: @Cjauger $DQ CAREFUL for. H&S. top. Failure. and. dip <. 20d. and. run to. 50/200d. TRAILERS Better short than long. RHRN. Stop. tight. >. HOD. Loose. recent. high. $75.10. cover
- cmaxwel1: @Cjauger $DQ Have 1 block at 73 and July 15 call at 75. Still under water, but call price is still 1.8. vs the 4.20 I received for it. Still holding over weekend.
- maracom: Didn't do much today except sleep in. My $DQ buy stop went off first thing this morning, but I'm closing $DQ now into the close. Small profit which basically washes out my $ENPH screw up. Still working for free I suppose. Will look at solar again tomorrow since it's closing well but don't want to hold it going into Friday.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY/$QQQ Worst Half in over 50 Years $UUP Still in trend but hitting some resistance. $GLD Not where you want to be $TNX Notable break of the 50 Day $QID Still Above the 8EMA $SDS Still above the 8EMA $XLE Holding the 200 Day $XOP Same $TAN Talked about in our live session today $ARKK Bloomberg reporting huge inflows $XLP Higher Low? $IGV Higher Low? $KWEB Holding the 21 EMA $GDX Yikes. $AAPL Potential Higher Low $AMZN Support just above 100. $TSLA Potential Higher Low $MSFT Potential Higher Low $GOOGL Peep the support line $ZM Holding the 50 Day $COST Wedging Under the 50 Day Watch 488 $NOC Good volume $ENPH Holding the 200 Day $DQ IN trend, great volume today. $STNG Nice uptrend but extended. $HAE Still holding the 8EMA
- ManSim: $DQ just stopped out?
- Pokersmith: @ManSim $DQ yep, according to Dan
- Cjauger: $DQ at HOD stop at LOD
- maracom: $TAN $DQ $ENPH $JKS $RUN China solar rebounding much stronger than US solar, took a small $DQ starter here, will look to add if green in the morning
- bRobert: @maracom $TAN $DQ $ENPH $JKS $RUN CHINA stocks rebounding first as posted First to the bottom First off the bottom and looking to set up for bull mode
$DQ -- stopped out. Best performer in $TAN holdings.
$OLLI - Watching this for an entry on the ATL. Crossover should occur on July 18thish.
$JKS -- Very long high base. 50-day MA defines support now (currently at $56.90). Resistance at $70. Al ...
- bRobert: @DAN $HHS $CCL $RCL $LIND $SIX $PTON $AMZN $SPY $QQQ $DBC $USO $LLY $HAE $DQ $TAN $OLLI $JKS $SMH $CDNS $SNPS $NVDA $MU $TXN $TSM $STM $INTC $AVGO $LRCX $QCOM $MPWR $SWKS SHORT $SMH group for a while We discussed some VERY low targets many months ago based on the WEEKLY H&S tops galore 200w targets for all eg $NVDA $120 Some with more Classic set ups Been tracking $AVGO game lately The last weekly H&S top left to drop
- TeslaCoil: @kbrowe Same thing happened on the $DQ trade yesterday.
- kbrowe: @TeslaCoil $DQ he probably forgot to turn on screen sharing again. :)
- manrodmar10: @Rjeletrik $DQ I am
- Rjeletrik: $DQ is anyone buying the pullback?
- ssoha20: @manrodmar10 $DQ I added few still my AVG is around 72
- maracom: @Rjeletrik $DQ not yet. I like to see the intraday start to curl or put in an intraday double bottom first. $ENPH looked better to me RHRN, that may change later in the day tho
- vcondry: @Rjeletrik $DQ I added with the same stop as before risk reward is more inline now lol....could be a falling knife....
- traderbren: @manrodmar10 $DQ - or wait to see if it tests the 8ema at 66-ish
- champ: @vcondry $DQ ....some miss the last move, so they think that buying the dip is the right thing to do...there was News, on this lesser known Solar name...and many think that they found something.
- vcondry: @champ $DQ I have my stops set tight but adding to a loser is rarely a winning strategy i know ;-D
- Cjauger: @vcondry $DQ $SPY continues under pressure, in spite of the fact that oil is at HOD, $XLE is at LOD following $SPY. Hence I would proceed with caution. I was heavy into $ XLE from yesterday, I went to $CASH this morning
- AboveWater: $DQ - my stop is set at 67, could be too tight though it was the price - at the time - that made cents
- natural: @Rjeletrik $DQ Bought my first lil bit today from Gimmelwald, Switzerland. Prost!
- maracom: @AboveWater $DQ if your stop is just above the 8ema, you're likely to get stopped out and then see it reverse. Be patient and wait for support to show itself, don't enter the trade until risk is clearly defined and you're willing to accept that risk. @Dan's stop is below $65 because that's what the chart dictates
- bla00109: $DQ @Dan @Rocky I did a buy-write yesterday modeled on Dan's trade. Sold July 15 covered calls strike price 75 for $4.16 premium (which I thought was an excellent premium). With drop in underlying DQ stock, the option value has dropped in value, leaving me with a 53% gain on my option posistion. I'm tempted to cover the short call position but would like to know how others deal with this situation.
- maracom: @bla00109 $DQ I'll generally cover the call above 60% profit and wait for a chance to sell another. Options move fast and if you're watching them closely you can trade them quite actively.
- Rockstar: @bla00109 $DQ I would keep the trade as is. You are changing your buy price if you close here. Also as of this moment the $75 CALL strike has a 65% chance of being out of the money (OTM). If DQ continues to fall and you use Dan's stop loss to get out of the stock and close the short call, your loss on the trade is much more palatable. If the stock goes up beyond your short call price at expiration you roll it out and up.
- bla00109: @Rockstar $DQ Thanks for your counsel. I'm trying to learn how to do this properly. It's great to have a teacher with a lot more experience.
- joelsg1: @bla00109 $DQ That was my question on morning webinar, @Rocky said buy back the short 75 call, I asked what about instead taking that money plus a bit and buy lower call to cover since stop hit on shares, and in case reverses, he said don't chase losers. Depends on your conviction and nimbleness.
- Cjauger: $DQ up on volume
- Docoof: @Cjauger $DQ I received this email today: Adding $DQ to the Active Trade List Adding $DQ to the Active Trade List. Basis 71.50 Stop: 64.25 --Dan
- PhilHarmonic: @issues $ATGE $AZN $DQ $ENPH $HRMY $LI $LLY $PPC $VIVO $VRTX When a stock chart is Busted the the stock will be removed from the list, even though the company fundamentals have not changed. In fast falling and fast rising periods the IBD 50 can have large weekly turnover. At the nd of bull or bear markets new leadership emerges. The IBD 50 not an indication of a stocks long term qualities. In my opinion.
- champ: @issues $ATGE $AZN $DQ $ENPH $HRMY $LI $LLY $PPC $VIVO $VRTX .....Sounds like they are trading...and this is a #Trading-market......so as an individual, I look for Value trades, stocks that are #on-Sales, that have new Positive News, that might beco ...
- issues: The IBD 50 list is almost completely new. Out of 50 stocks, the only ones that remained from last week are these: $ATGE $AZN $DQ $ENPH $HRMY $LI $LLY $PPC $VIVO $VRTX. That means 40 new stocks replaced 40 stocks from last week. That's a major change. It's like re-inventing itself. Very confusing that there's no consistency/sustainability... Hard to trade new stocks every week and eliminate the prior ones.
- Cjauger: $dq catching a bid on the intraday chart with nice volume. I posted this earlier on $DQs valuation metrics. Stock was $10 cheaper P/B is now 1.27 PE 4.28 $DQ. One stock to keep an eye on is DAQO New Energy (DQ). DQ is currently sporting a Zacks Rank of #1 (Strong Buy) and an A for Value. We should also highlight that DQ has a P/B ratio of 1.06. The P/B ratio pits a stock's market value against its book value, which is defined as total assets minus total liabilities. This stock's P/B looks attractive against its industry's average P/B of 2.45. DQ's P/B has been as high as 6.35 and as low as 0.84, with a median of 1.70, over the past year.
- vcondry: @Cjauger $dq $DQs $DQ #1 wouldn't mind bringing it back into the fray off the highs here
- maracom: @Cjauger $dq $DQs $DQ Keep in mind it's a China stock, so it has an inherent risk premium baked in compared to US solar. The benefit of the tarrif reductions is already priced in, so the remaining upside is mainly a bid on continued strong demand from the CCP and the US
- gmj: $DQ curling higher, added sm pos
- Pokersmith: #RelativeStrength The only two energy names that are unbroken? Best oil rigs in an oil field if you will ? ( As opposed to best house in bad neighborhood ) See $DQ and $LPI ( pullback to 50 sma , but still above ) Not saying these are a buy at this time, in this environment , just saying that they, unlike others in the sector/industry, are not broken technically. See for yourself, do your own dd ☝
- vcondry: $DQ roaring back to life
- vitoB: @vcondry $DQ beast mode, outperforming sectors
- Cjauger: @vitoB $DQ bought a little this morning
- bRobert: @vcondry $DQ Speed. bump. here. Double top. $80. potential with higher high tWEEKLY flag trigger. np
- mharps: $DQ tiny add
- vcondry: @mharps $DQ what are you looking for after todays big move? Not judging just curious of the setup your seeing.
- vitoB: $GTX not related at all but chart lookin a lot like $DQ to me
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Low Volume but closed near the highs $QQQ Low Volume bounce. $UUP Holding the 8EMA $TNX Holding the 8EMA $XLE under the 50 Day $XLP Needs a higher high $DBC Holding the 50 $TAN Still in a longer term downtrend $KWEB Working but it’s China. $ARKK Double Bottom Bounce, fighting upstream $BITI New Short Bitcoin ETF. $AMZN Tight with it, swimming upstream $NIO Working but it’s China. $NVDA Running into supply $AAPL Up but choppy $TWTR Small reversal base, MAs above $MSFT Above the 8EMA but not a clean pattern $ARCH Off the 50 Day but low volume $HCC Wild ride $CEIX Working $TWI Above the MAs $BMY Back above the 50 Day $JKS China Solar $DQ Monster Move $RUN Down $SEDG Unable to get above the 200 Day
- 1993dean: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $UUP $TNX $XLE $XLP $DBC $TAN $KWEB $ARKK $BITI $AMZN $NIO $NVDA $AAPL $TWTR $MSFT $ARCH $HCC $CEIX $TWI $BMY $JKS $DQ $RUN $SEDG $RBA take a look thank you
- wanda1616: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $UUP $TNX $XLE $XLP $DBC $TAN $KWEB $ARKK $BITI $AMZN $NIO $NVDA $AAPL $TWTR $MSFT $ARCH $HCC $CEIX $TWI $BMY $JKS $DQ $RUN $SEDG also check out $FUTU
- maracom: $DVN finding some support at the 100 SMA as expected, I took a starter position. I have a day trade on in $DQ
- maracom: @maracom $DVN $DQ stopped out on $DQ below VWAP, small profit
- issues: $DQ Anyone? Consider adding RHRN? I don't like the tail that means a further pull back but it sure looks to go higher.
- vcondry: @issues $DQ trying some here with a stop around $52.49
- issues: @vcondry $DQ excellent! Thank you! Totally concur!
- champ: @manrodmar10 ...$MPC $VET $LNG $XOM $DQ....nice positions, I would need to do a walk around...before I would take full profits....however could take 1/2 off...
- manrodmar10: @champ $MPC $VET $LNG $XOM $DQ thank you!
- manoli77: $DQ still strong in this bad tape...up almost 5%
- vcondry: speaking of hero's $DQ wow
- Hackberry: $DQ strong today and weekly candle moving out of downward channel on volume, but hard to buy in this market.
- wpsimril: @Hackberry $DQ Looks like a move from Phase 2 to Phase 3. As long as it holds $59 I'm staying in. Just added a bit more on the Phase 3 move. Thanks for posting!
$DQ -- Still holding up ok…but just extended. Stop below $59. Alert $59
$BMY -- Good to get out. Stagnant.
$WEAT -- Good trade for us. Now it’s just drifting
$HES -- STill trending ok. If it nears the 50-day MA…might be buya ...
- jonwest88: @DAN $ARKK $SPX $DJI $DJT $QQQ $XOM $APA $LNG $SBLK $GOGL $MATX $ZIM $EGLE $FLNG $PSX $VLO $MPC $DQ $BMY $WEAT $HES $LYB $T We do not see any stocks in the ATlist.
- Docoof: @DAN $ARKK $SPX $DJI $DJT $QQQ $XOM $APA $LNG $SBLK $GOGL $MATX $ZIM $EGLE $FLNG $PSX $VLO $MPC $DQ $BMY $WEAT $HES $LYB $T In reference to your note, just mentioning $CRAK, Oil Refiners ETF. Also, best performer (YTD) Refiner: $PBF.
- DAN: Pretty impressive action in $DQ. After gapping down nearly 6%, the stock is climbing again. This is really bullish action. It's the kind of behavior you see in stocks that ultimately go higher. Not too many sellers...even at these levels. (Reminder of something I mentioned yesterday and have said several times in the past: One way you can improve your trading skills and learn patience is to hold a very tiny position even after you've taken profits on a trade. Even just one share. It won't impact your account at all -- neither positive or negative. But you can keep track of the stock and learn how these stocks that are under institutional accumulation (or at least you "think" that institutions are still buying them) behave.) Dan
- Babutters: @DAN $DQ watching the break above 64.
- natural: @DAN $DQ Looks like the gap has been defended today..How much of the strength is attributable to $DQ buyback? I'm tempted to buy a little here and watch that gap. Perhaps add on a gap fill?
- wanda1616: $DQ
- Cjauger: $RRC, $DQ trading less, I find that I get shaken out of too many stocks. Taking a step back and letting them wiggle. I was shaken out of $XOM at $88 and now it is at $104. Was also shaken out of $BTU last week
$DQ -- Taking profits. Entry was 54.24. Looks like a bit of a blowoff to me.
$LNG -- Stop remains at 138.50
$SPY -- Finally…people start thinking that tough times are ahead? Not “transitory?”
$DIA -- dead
$IYT -- southbound
$QQQ -- not where you want to be.
$XLE -- Getting tired…but still where you want to be…but you shou ...
$DQ -- I previously suggested selling 1/2 of the position. The current stop on the remaining is 49.90, but I'm raising it to 57.90 to lock in more gains. (This stop is just below the top of the gap from yesterday).
- MmaxX: @DAN $MPC $ARCH $GOGL $XOM $APA $EGLE $DQ thanks for this, the video link is not working for me though.
Daqo New Energy Corp is polysilicon manufacturer based in China. It manufactures and sells quality polysilicon to photovoltaic product manufacturers, who further process its polysilicon into ingots, wafers, cells and modules for solar power solutions.Request Video of DQ
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 27th, 2022 - 2022 Q3 Earnings
- $28.17 13.23%
- $134.38 12.34%
- $29.30 8.99%
- $5.32 -44.12%
- $220.27 -34.61%
- $8.40 -33.48%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 89,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (89,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!