Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- shoredriver: $AMZN...squishy.....
- tkcoretrader: $AMZN Hope for a Bungee jump. Maybe stop around 1826.00 Looks like S3 on pivot point at 1855.00 first pause from downward slide.
- baronp0329: @bRobert $XLV More and more traders have migrated to Health Sector and Retail from Big Tech. Yesterday closed my $FB $TWTR $GOOGL calls and started trading some of the bigger Holdings in XLV in my trading account: $PFE Sep 40 Calls $ABBV Sep 100 Calls $UNH Sep 260 Calls disclosure: I bought a few $AMZN Sep 1860 Calls when AMZN hit 1860 for a day trade. Also added more UNH, PFE along with more AMZN and $OXY to my Retirement account.
- Robert1965: @DAN $AMZN when did you exit the SEP 1900 call trade
- DAN: @Robert1965 $AMZN I don't remember.
- Henry: $AMZN is not burning down the house on a big day up and neither is the rest of FANG except for $AAPL
- captron: $AMZN - Sources report that they are considering buying Mark Cubans Landmark theatre chain. I will leave it to the imagination as to why.
- debeers: $AAPL-Soros-Adding to AAPL, trimming Alphabet and Amazon- $AMZN- lead on large government contract. (POTUS is mum on this as the government favoring $AMZN for scalability). $-AAPL-Berkshire-adding more AAPL-NP
- DT: $AMZN Dan, do you think Amazon has pulled back sufficiently to be a good entry point or is there maybe more downside to come?
- DAN: @DT $AMZN Nope. I think it has more to go. Could see it easily retracing to $1800
- colombo: @DAN $AMZN I live in Colombia and $AMZN just announced the opening of offices for LATAM hiring 600 employees. Up until now it has been US based but now expanding overseas?
- tkcoretrader: $CELG Sold at 93.00. Reentered stock at 90.88 today. Finally reentered $AMZN at 1876.38 from 1887.00. Just looking for stronger long term positions today. I believe staying with just 2 or 3 stock have really helped my bottom line.
- DAN: @colombo $AMZN Hmmm. Makes sense, colombo. Amazon is out to rule the world...not just the U.S. 8-) My money is on Bezos.
- captron: $AMZN - Pausing on its climb to the moon. Would like to see it fall back to the 8ema.
- ricsnyde: $AMZN any candlestick pattern readers have a comment on the last 2 days?
- Henry: @alwayslearning Welcome to the forum. If you are addressing someone, use the @ before their name. If you are writing about a stock use the $ before the stock as in $AMZN, then if anyone hovers their cursor over the stock, they can see a chart.
- debeers: $AMZN,$BA(from Friday), $DXCM, $M, $MOV,$NKTR (today on all the in sider buying activity), $STLD (don't ask), $ZBRA-longs all. Off to visit Big Dave today who is in recovery. You all have a great day.
- Wykeman: $AMZN nh...very strong ---->2000
- captron: $AMZN - Rolling out here. Was a nice 59 minute trade.
- Danzguy: @captron $AMZN Amen, Bro!
- captron: @Danzguy $AMZN Kinda dangerous with options but it has been working past few trading days. Will reload in the morning.
$AMZN – momentum declining a bit. But still strong as death. Pick your timeframe.
IPOs – nope.
$DOCU – 3 big distribution days.
$SONO – nope.
$IQ – I sold calls.
$DBX – nope.
$M – Earnin ...
- debeers: $BOOT/$DXCM/$MTN/$MOV/$ZBRA/ and Oh My Gosh $AMZN down a buck? hahahah
- tkcoretrader: $AMZN Missed the second 40 point climb. Hard for me to get back in after earnings at 1883 pre-market high. However, took another small position for 1900.00~.
- RedLeaf1: $AMZN at all time high $1,900. $AMZN is doing what it does, as @Dan says.
- Robert1965: $AMZN what was the option DAN mention on the webinar 1890 call what month
- grcjr: @Robert1965 $AMZN - I believe Sept $1900 or $2000. Don't remember which. I recently rolled up to $1900. Probably best to post your option questions on OMM.
- captron: @Robert1965 $AMZN Sept.
- Joe757: $AMZN Thanks Dan! Great training this morning. Up nicely on the $AMZN call!
- debeers: $AMZN-will be opening online clinics by the end of the year. Gamechanger
- tigerjohn8: @debeers $AMZN Somewhere I read, maybe even gas stations...sometime
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,908...clean move thur $1,900....even more buyers are stepping in....this has momentum.
- riskmanager: @champ $AMZN When $AMZN crossed 1800 for the first time, there was selling at around 1814. We shall see if history repeats.
- champ: $AMZN ------ Out....not going to swing....taking the $$$$.
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN ---- Yes, thats right and I will be watching....because I'm Out. I don't swing these type of stocks, in this type of market.
- DAN: $AMZN -- to all you pivot point watchers, did you notice how Amazon topped right at the R2 pivot point? By a nickel. That's it. This morning at 10:30, it peaked at R1 and didn't move past it for more than an hour. You can use these levels in daytrading to assess how much potential there is for the stock to move higher before it stalls. It's more of a "reward" measuring tool, while your stop level is a "risk" defining tool.
- DAN: @Joe757 $AMZN That's awesome, Joe757. Congrats!!!
- Mojomoney: @DAN $AMZN. Dan if you could cover # $AZO thx you
- DAN: $AMZN -- won't go up every day...though it sure does seem like it will. I suggest that you check your stops or lighten up. If you're a long term holder, then do nothing.
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN ---- Now that I have a little time....If you remember, I posted about just that...the $1800 zig-zags....and I also posted that the zig-zags might continue until the stock moves thur $1840 or so. However, that was then and this is n ...
- traderbren: $AMZN - continues to get a bid regardless of the tape.
- DAN: $AMZN -- look at the intraday chart. The stock opened just a bit lower. Almost immediately broke above the VWAP. By 10:20, it had reached R1 and then stayed there for a while -- tightening its range and soaking up supply at $1872. After breaking above $1873, it started moving in a classic "Phase 1" volatility squeeze. Looking for the next resistance here -- at $1880. If that breaks (and I think it probably will), then the next level is $1883. I have calls, and a few bull put spreads. --Dan
- Wolf: $AMZN 3rd day of the 3 day rule. Took some profits.
- Shopaholic526: @DAN $AMZN Broke 1883. $AMZN Staying long.
- RedLeaf1: $AMZN hitting all time high $1889.98.
- Kristine: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN - Nice! Just back from the dentist to see 1890 print.
- RedLeaf1: @Kristine $AMZN Breaking above today's ATRTrailing stop on ToS charts.
- Kristine: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN - exciting price action this week. I don't know what the catalyst is, but next week I was expecting some volatility as the DoD will be meeting and going over questions for the JEDI contract. MSFT, ORCL are a couple of big players but I also think GD would be good for the cloud contract after they acquired CUSA. As far as I know AMZN is the only major player currently with security clearance of IL-6 (but I'll have to research that a bit).
- RedLeaf1: @Kristine $AMZN Thanks for that news. Today, Joe Terranova [a manager of other people's money] on Fast Money said he was adding to his position today, even at all time highs.
- Kristine: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN - Good to know. I have a good size position but lightened a bit on Monday and Tuesday's close. Now I'll be paying more to get them back, but that is part of risk management....or at least that is what I'm telling myself now ;)
3. $AMZN – new high, and volume increasing. 1950 is the measured move from April low to 1600 top.
4. $NVDA – earnings next week. Could run into next Thursday. Swing trade.
5. $BBY – alert $78.80
6. $BDX – Alert $253
7. $XR ...
- Kristine: $AMZN - any targets for this move higher? I took a little off the table yesterday just before close, but today it just feels like it's going to 1900. Currently it is up $45 since Friday's close which is the biggest weekly gain since 7/13.
- otnancy: @Kristine $AMZN $AMZN has been profitable to trade, sold all last week at 1872, waited to get back in at 1828. Up 2% since getting back in. If up again tomorrow, probably will repeat.
- Kristine: @otnancy $AMZN - I lightened a little more when it broke 1865. I also sold some after earnings near 1850 and bought back into Oct calls last week at 1772. If up tomorrow I'll probably exit the last Aug 17 call that I have and wait for a better entry.
- Kristine: $AMZN - up $22 and looks like it might hold the gain today.
- drmike54: @Pcdentist There are hundreds, if not thousands of men and women who predict earnings for a living....and methinks many of them make A LOT more money than you do as a dentist or I do as a physician. However, their guess is as good as you trying to ...
- grcjr: $AAPL $AMZN $NFLX $NVDA - looking to test yesterday's highs.
- Henry: $AMZN I've got one of those feelings Dan says I am not supposed to have.
- shoredriver: @Henry $AMZN Hop on a treadmill.......
- riskmanager: @Henry $AMZN Judging by the chart, those feelings would have paid off today.
- riskmanager: $AMZN has made a pretty big move today. Not much chatter in the forum, so don't know if I should take the bait or sit this one out.
- elgie: $AMZN hi riskmanager. follow your namesake. today is day 3 of the move. tomorrow, friday usually sees pullbacks in the morning, when us retail guys and gals panic over something or other, and the pros lighten up before heading to the hamptons for the weekend. i think this up trend will continue but you might get a better price tomorrow.
- riskmanager: @elgie $AMZN Much obliged. Time to be patient and wait for a better entry.
2. $AMZN – holding at the 20-day moving average. Try zooming out to stay in this longer.
Growth Stock List Active Stocks:
3. $ETSY – GSL holding. Holding above $41
4. $ROKU – GSL Holding. Still holding. Just not moving up. But ...
- Henry: $AMZN Now Jon Najerian is tweeting about their subsidies https://www.goodjobsfirst.org/amazon-tracker
- Robert1965: @Henry $AMZN looking most are RED states
- phgruver: @Robert1965 $AMZN There are no "Red" states! ...but to your point, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts, all pretty heavy hitters, tend to vote for Democrats. It's across the board.
- tigerjohn8: @issues $PAYC $ULTI $MB $ZEN $IQ $BIDU $AVGO $SWKS $QRVO $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $FNGU $FNGD $PAYC up a bunch this morning .
- grcjr: $AMZN moving up ... long ... FANG generally strong. Been adding.
- grcjr: $BAC $AMZN $AAPL more - I'm seeing these and others moving up with some volume at 9:25 AM EDT in the premarket.
- DAN: Good morning. The market is opening slightly higher this morning as stocks stabilize after two days of selling. But it's important not to allow hope and complacency to infest your trading decisions. Because the S&P and Nasdaq 100 are cap weigh ...
- Kristine: $AMZN $MSFT $IBM - Link for the latest update for the DoD JEDI cloud contract. Many players but I'll be watching these three. https://www.federaltimes.com/it-networks/2018/07/26/jedi-10b-final-request-drops-and-its-still-single-award/
- champ: @riskmanager $AAPL ---- You never know but we need to wait and see how this plays out in the morning....the bigger players, will #always show us the way. The first move is loaded with risk, in the after markets, could even have a sell the news event in the morning, remember $AMZN had a huge beat and they sold off. This report is really positive, I have read the earnings call updates...they also had upside guidance and that is alway positive. This is the best #June-earnings-quarter-ever reported, they call this their 3rd Qrt ...income of $11.5b $$$$ ....cash-flow of $14.5b. They beat by $0.16 and revs. However, my guess is this should have a positive effect on the markets because I don't think this will be sell the NEWS, that already happen with $AMAZ....and I didn't see any negative comments.
- issues: IBD 50 news: Paycom Software $PAYC spiked past a buy point. Highly rated Ultimate Software $ULTI, $MB, $ZEN also moved late on earnings. So did recent Chinese livestreaming IPO iQiyi $IQ and its search engine parent Baidu $BIDU. Apple iPhone chipmakers have lagged in 2018, but Broadcom $AVGO, $SWKS and $QRVO rose late. So did FANG stocks Facebook $FB, $AMZN, $NFLX $GOOGL. BTW the etf for FANG stocks is $FNGU and the opposite (bear) for FANG is $FNGD, as Dan mentioned.
DAN: Good morning. Stocks are set to open flat this morning. After last week's bloodbath in the "FANG" complex, A flat open on Monday is a welcome respite from the selling.
The recent selloff in Facebook ($FB), Amazon ($AMZN) (which was up ...
2. $AMZN – Still quite strong. Barely below the 20-day moving average. Nothing wrong with the trend.
3. $AAPL – reports tomorrow.
4. $NFLX – big breakdown. This could fall to $290. Think it can’t? It was there in April. ...
- champ: @Pcdentist --- Asked them what their favorite products are or companies that they like to shop at, if you don't already know...if it is their iPhone or $MCD or whatever.....they could read-up on those stocks and if you were to give them a few shares ...
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN #high-risk --- Maybe this is a better answer...$GOOGL and $AMZN was on my list to watch, for the PM on Friday morning and when $AMZN started to drop in the pre-market, on the highest earnings report ever...that was the start for me to watch for a new short position on the open, this was sell the news...that was entry and also on $GOOGL...it is always easy to say after the fact but honestly, it was just that simple. The bottom line was.... I was watching, I was ready and just waiting for entry.
- debeers: $AMZN/$JNPR-FYI-Amazon is entering the Data Switching market. The stock most exposed in this space is Juniper.
- debeers: $AMZN/$GOOG were the earnings winners-The winner winner chicken dinners while $FB/$NFLX loozahs
- Henry: @Kjksm1 $twtr I think and hope money goes to $AMZN today, besides, it's only day 1 for TWTR
- Kjksm1: @Henry $twtr $AMZN I'm long $amzn. When do I get out?
- Forexpro: @tkcoretrader $AMZN Thanks, Tkcoretrader, Here's the extended session chart. Glad I'm not the one who sold 'em at 1707 ... All the best!
- Forexpro: @CraigReynolds Thanks, CraigReynolds, The E-minis were off 0.25 heading into the releases, and are now up 0.25. Plenty of room for controversy and conversation there. :) It would appear that we can go back to looking at $AMZN, $TWTR and $FB. Hope you're thriving; all the best!
- debeers: @Forexpro $AMZN -hope YOU're well and thriving. I wasn't disappointed at all on the GDP report.
- Wykeman: $AMZN raising stops..target 2000. $CMG raising stop..target 500 Watching $TWTR for entry..
- tkcoretrader: $AMZN Good Morning SMM. Pre-market was up 75 pts from 1808.00. Sold some to average up.
- Henry: $AMZN Price targets raised to 2250 and 2100 by BMO Cap and Piper Jaffrey, not helping at the moment, no position
- DAN: @Henry $AMZN Doesn't matter. Price targets by dart throwers. They probably had "strong buy" ratings on FB too.
- DAN: $AMZN -- AMZN is not holding its gains. Please review last night's Strategy Session for my comments on this. Raise cash. You can thank me later. ;-)
- Kristine: @DAN $AMZN - Thanks Dan!
- cmaxwel1: @DAN $AMZN (sold all except for one share). Thanks Dan
- mjnteach: @DAN $AMZN May I thank you now? Thanks!
- baronp0329: @DAN @DAN Hey Dan, following your advice. Been a very good trading week and locking in profits and raising cash in my trading account. Closed $AMGN, $CSCO (stocks and options), $VLO, $MPC, $NKE calls, $MU calls. Currently at 73% cash. Today opened some BeCS on $AMZN and $FB.
- DAN: @mjnteach $AMZN Yes you may. ;-)
- DAN: @Kristine $AMZN ;-) Great job, Kristine.
- DAN: @cmaxwel1 $AMZN Great job, cmaxwel1.
- DAN: @baronp0329 $AMGN $CSCO $VLO $MPC $NKE $MU $AMZN $FB Great job, baronp0329. 8-)
- Wolf: @Dan Nice call on $AMZN and $FB. Rang the register on both. Thanks.
- DAN: @Wolf $AMZN $FB Thanks Wolf. I appreciate that, and am happy you made them work!
|Stock Price||$USD 1,619.44|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 31st, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 33.51 21.82%
- $USD 18.25 19.28%
- $USD 21.03 14.62%
- $USD 52.47 -74.86%
- $USD 5.99 -57.08%
- $USD 17.53 -44.66%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 59,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (59,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!