Esperion Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:ESPR)
Old Forum Content for ESPRMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- woodman: $ESPR continues to bounce off rising support (since Nov. 2017). It's consolidating with horizontal resistance as it moves up rising support to form what I call a flat top "wedge."
$ESPR – squeezing. Resistance at $80. Alert $79.50
$CASA – flag?
Growth Stock List notes:
$KEM – added. Starting to work out of a squeeze? $20 is the ceiling now.
$YY – buy here?
- woodman: $ESPR - we have (1) a tag off rising support (drawn from 11/14), (2) an inside and up after two inside days, and (3) a bullish engulfing candle. All after an extreme pre-market panic following pricing action on a competing drug of $REGN/$SNY.
- woodman: $ESPR - easy to understand article: https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/03/07/investors-shrug-after-esperion-therapeutics-choles.aspx
- issues: @woodman $ESPR But the chart doesn't look good to me. Does it to you?
- woodman: @issues $ESPR - long term for me, as we roll into a ton of data coming throughout the year. It will be make or break the company. As far as the chart is concerned, watch rising support drawn from 11/14/17 (touching 2/6/18 and yesterday) , which is still intact.
- woodman: $ESPR - good phase 3 results for its LDL-lowering drug designed for people who cannot take, or are not doing well on, statins. The stock dove at first, but bounced at the 50 day and is forming a decent tail. Still red, however. I'm speculating that approval for this one is already baked in. It will have a lot of additional data this year, and I will continue to hold this one for the long term. https://www.reuters.com/article/esperion-thera-study/update-1-esperions-cholesterol-drug-succeeds-in-late-stage-study-idUSL4N1QP4EV
- woodman: $ESPR - loaded up with Phase 3 data in 2018. https://www.biopharmcatalyst.com/calendars/fda-calendar
- woodman: $ESPR flying today; up near resistance now.
- woodman: $ESPR - lots of milestones coming for this one, from March through the rest of the year: https://seekingalpha.com/pr/17078442-esperion-provides-bempedoic-acid-franchise-development-program-updates-reports-fourth-quarter
- bRobert: $ESPR . Still long term hold. Weekly breakout/ throw back and run. Target $100+
- woodman: $ESPR - added this morning.
- bRobert: $ESPR . WEEKLY has always been my time frame since squeeze breakout last year. WEEKLY breakout/throwback. Target $!00+ . Long stock/leap calls/spreads . HOLDING stock
- issues: Stopped out of: $SPR $LUV $ESPR $CC$FCX$ CAR $WB $CVS $NVDA $CTRL $MRVL
- audrina0904: $ESPR - making a real nice push higher after good pullback this AM
- bRobert: @audrina0904 $ESPR YUP. Easy to hold. Target $100
- bRobert: $ESPR WEEKLY flag Target $100
- woodman: $ESPR - added a little at 71.98.
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR Love a good shakeout
- woodman: @bRobert $ESPR - lots of data coming this year, pretty much each quarter.
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR I know a lot about this company and drug. Actually too much . Trial results cut both ways. Just trading the chart from my isolation tank.
- issues: @woodman $ESPR Thank you for the reminder. I bought 1/2 position again. I had sold at a good profit yesterday.
- Alexander: @woodman $ESPR Do you have stop loss or this is for long term hold?
- woodman: $ESPR - on watch to add.
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR I mentioned recently that I hedged my position by selling premium against my underlying due to the huge run up and high premiums offered. If you look at the WEEKLY you can see a volatility squeeze breakout and run up followed by a throw back that may test the $65 area. It was due for a pullback/rest. This is healthy. It shakes out the weak hands and builds a better base t for the next climb.
- woodman: @bRobert $ESPR - $65 area is around the the 34dEMA which has been some past pullback support. That's also the 50 Fib Retracement (12/17/17 low to yesterday high). Wee little bounce here at the middle BB area (38.2 Fib Ret.).
- woodman: $ESPR - lots of data coming this this Q (Phase 2 and Phase 3) and rest of year (Phase 3).
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR I find that kind of talk very arousing to my financial pleasure center
- bRobert: $ESPR Easy to hold Target $100+ Add on pullbacks. Strong underlying support
- bRobert: $ESPR sale over
- issues: @bRobert $ESPR escalator up please!
- bRobert: $ESPR nh WEEKLY breakout from squeeze. Remember these weekly/monthly breakouts go very far. More powerful than just daily breakouts. Makes it easy to buy the pullbacks. Target $100 No surprise.
- Motorman: @bRobert $ESPR Rolled calls, thanks for all the posts...made $$$.
- tjv821: @bRobert $ESPR I should have listened to you about 20.00 ago :(
- bRobert: @tjv821 $ESPR Been in since weekly breakout $15. I post a lot about this one. $90 + target going up to $110
- bRobert: $ESPR Option premium high. Sold some leap calls Jan $95 for very hefty premium. Still 50% upside to underlying stock. $15 + premium in bank. Long stock/ call spreads Short Leap calls
- bRobert: $ESPR flag. Target $90+ Short interest diminishing.
- bRobert: $ESPR nh Target $100. Buy on pb
- bRobert: $ESPR WEEKLY volatility squeeze breakout beauty.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD $ONCE #Biotech- my current biotechs are $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE and, recently on the pullback, $JUNO.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $ONCE $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE $JUNO #Biotech- You are doing well, my friend. Had SRPT and JUNO and BLUE at one time. Sold all and never bought back in. Today I'm holding ABMD, $CYRX, $OMER, $ONCE $INCY and $PBYI. Some of these look like an E-ride at Disneyland. Hope springs eternal.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD $ONCE $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE $JUNO $CYRX $OMER $INCY $PBYI #Biotech- PBYI may be coming to life again. I can't figure out INCY, but, fwiw, it's pulled all the way back to the 200 week. Maybe it will start to play nicely again. I'll send you some positive vibes. :-)
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $ONCE $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE $JUNO $CYRX $OMER $INCY $PBYI #Biotech- In the past had made some good $$$ on INCY. It is an old friend who has forgotten me. It still has a great pipeline and there has got to be a pony in there some place.
- bRobert: $ESPR . Holding stock Weekly squeeze breakout. Target $100+
- bRobert: $ESPR . nh Target $100. Buy on pullbacks.
- bRobert: $ESPR . $EXAS . ESPR weekly breakout phase 3. EXAS firmed up. Trading low in place. Bought back some short calls. Long leaps/stock
- bRobert: $ESPR flag $100 target. Long.
- bRobert: Stocks to watch with upside mojo $ESPR $VRTX $NTES $DPZ $LOW $BIIB $STZ $YY $CVGI $GM $SLCA $FB $BABA $CAR $ULTA VRTX $169+ DPZ $210 LOW $105 (HD works) BIIB $350 NTES $450 BIDU $270 $370 YY $140 CVGI $18 GM $50 FB $200 SLCA $42 $50 $BABA $200 (AABA also) CAR $62 (HTZ works) ULTA $270 STZ Looking for opportunity on pullback post earnings add on pullbacks
- traderbren: @bRobert $ESPR $VRTX $NTES $DPZ $LOW $BIIB $STZ $YY $CVGI $GM $SLCA $FB $BABA $CAR - looks like we'll have that oppty in $STZ.
- bRobert: $ESPR nh blue sky Long stock/calls
- bRobert: @ROSEY $TIF $PPG $TSE $LOGM $IO Entry/add $ULTA $ESPR earlier in day. $CAR $NUS huge upside Look at the weekly charts of PPG TSE LOGM . they have room to run. I don't buy when they're up. I wait for a little sale. eg ILMN ULTA. I own these from lower. YY pulled back $3 the other day in a phase 2 sale. Up huge since. Be patient.
- bRobert: $ESPR WEEKLY phase 3
- bRobert: $ESPR flag. Weekly breakout. Target $100
- bRobert: $ESPR phase 3 weekly.
- bRobert: $ESPR Weekly breakout. Target $100 Holding stock . Long stock and calls for a while
- bRobert: $ESPR flag. Target $100
- bRobert: $ESPR nh Target $100 Weekly and monthly breakout . These go longer and farther than just a daily breakout
- bRobert: $ESPR nh Target $100 . Long stock/calls. Short puts
- bRobert: $ESPR .nh Look at the weekly. I can't say add anything. Long stock/calls $VRTX Pullback bought today . Look at the weekly. Money making pattern. Long calls
- bRobert: $ESPR nh . Target $100 . Weekly squeeze phase 3
- bRobert: $ESPR shorts . 25% . float 7d to cover . rocket fuel
- bRobert: $ESPR Long calls. Weekly squeeze.Early phase 3. Target $100
- bRobert: $ESPR MACD cross ADX >20
- bRobert: $ESPR hod. Attempting weekly breakout
- woodman: @bRobert $ESPR - I hope you don't have an issue with that.
- Tangojoy: @bRobert $ESPR...down today, is this a buying opportunity?
- bRobert: @Tangojoy $ESPR Wait for firmness. I have a long time frame and a have been in from the beginning
- bRobert: $ESPR Looks like an attempted shake out.
- issues: @bRobert $ESPR shookkkkk meee oouuttt ! Stopped out at $56.77 partial stop.
- woodman: @bRobert $ESPR - I took my dramamine. I'm fine, though a little sleepy.
- bRobert: $ESPR Will add on next green /higher low
- bRobert: $ESPR hammer and a channel Target $100
- bRobert: $ESPR Working Candle green. Added
- woodman: @bRobert $ESPR - still holding mine.
- bRobert: $ESPR WEEKLY phase 3 in motion Target $100
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR Holding your candle?
- bRobert: $ESPR Steep phase 3 continues. watching for move >65.20 nh . Target $100
- woodman: @bRobert $ESPR - this has been a nice run since the pullback to the 50 day. Getting near resistance now where I will likely lighten up.
- bRobert: $ESPR Steep phase 3 . target $100 . High short interest
- bRobert: $ESPR Weekly squeeze. Early phase 3. A move above $65 will have legs and the shorts will be very uncomfortable target $100
- bRobert: $ESPR Short term target $63+
- bRobert: $ESPR . Moving quickly to short term target $63. Look at the weekly. That's my time frame. Weekly phase 2 done. Phase 3 beginning out of tight squeeze. Long term target $90+
- bRobert: $ESPR Shorts 25% 7d to cover. Helps
- bRobert: $ESPR Added on brief pullback
- bRobert: $ESPR . $EXAS Espr phase 2 bounce continues. Added to exas trading position. stop just below lod
- woodman: $ESPR - not sure if I trust it, but it is bouncing ... and I do have some.
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR Don't let it borrow your car or date your daughter
- Bridget: #Notes: $TAN - seeing further bounce $XBI $XLV - starting to bounce $HALO - breaking out $VRX - strong move higher $UNH - phase 3 $ILMN - phase 3 $CELG - trying to break from squeeze $BIIB - breaking out $ESPR - bouncing off support $BA - continuing higher $UAL $LUV - airlines also moving higher $SMH $XLK - stalling on this bounce $ORCL - moving higher into earnings ORLY AZO - still moving higher $XRT - another higher high $DKS - starting to fill the gap $KR $SFM - flagging $SCLA $HCLP $SND $HK - basing $FIZZ - bearish engulfing candle, sell the news? $SAIC - breakout from earnings $DLR - topping pattern IPOs: ABLX - new high, in uptrend LW - new high, but extended GOOS - new high HGV - new high, but wait for pullback, broadening pattern
- woodman: $ESPR pullback and bounce at 50 day. Wide BBs though.
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR Dramamine for the nausea
- woodman: @bRobert $ESPR - for sure.
- issues: Trying to decide which chart looks better $FSLR or $SEDG? I think it's FSLR but I don't really want to plant the flag on the top of the mountain. Holding 1/2 position on SEDG but NP on FSLR. Added to $ANET $SQ $SPR (4th try for a BO) $YY $ESPR. Cramer had good words for the CEO of ANET that helped bring the stock up. Thoughts on the chart of $CRM? I was wishing I had bought some but didn't after the big pop up yesterday. Wondering if I am too late?
- issues: @woodman $ESPR I added!
- spmeyers: @woodman $ESPR waiting for more volume to confirm
- spmeyers: @issues $FSLR $SEDG $ANET $SQ $SPR $YY $ESPR $CRM too late for me on FSLR; waiting for more volume on SEDG
- issues: @spmeyers $FSLR $SEDG $ANET $SQ $SPR $YY $ESPR $CRM Thanks!
- woodman: @spmeyers $ESPR - BBs are wide. It could take a while to do anything decent.
- issues: $ESPR has sustained quite a drop over the past 3 days. I am still holding & placed a stop at $50.90. While $EXAS is at the 50 day, this may be a good (low risk) buy point.
- bRobert: @issues $ESPR $EXAS IWM . smacked around. (bouncing now off support) . Sector weak in short term. But agree with you. Weekly charts intact.
- issues: @bRobert $EXAS Excellent points to ponder. But Rob what do you think about $ESPR?
|Stock Price||$USD 37.94|
Esperion Therapeutics Inc is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of therapies for the treatment of patients with elevated levels of elevated levels of LDL-C.Request Video of ESPR
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 8th, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 10.83 117.34%
- $USD 14.39 87.48%
- $USD 285.35 85.30%
- $USD 10.37 -87.11%
- $USD 55.86 -39.36%
- $USD 8.15 -35.21%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!