Invesco Solar ETF (:TAN)
Old Forum Content for TANMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- maracom: $TAN is finally moving above the 8SMA
- bRobert: @maracom $TAN $ENPH always a step ahead Above 20w Testing 50w $280 with trigger > $210 Saily W but 20/50/200d ceiling above the Bermuda triangle Bullish AFTER cleared with $200 target 1
- bRobert: @snowbound $ENPH trading it From the teens Many here have Duopoly with $SEDG will outperform the $TAN
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY End of Month Selloff $QQQ Lower Low $DIA Trend is down. $IWM No. $GLD / $GDX Under 3 Key MAs $UUP Still in an uptrend. $SMH Trend is down. $XLF Lower Low $XLV Unable to hold the 200 Day for now. $XLU Not holding the BO Zone $XME Rejected at the 50 Day $XLE Ok looking chart (outside Inverse ETFs) $XOP Better looking Chart (outside the Inverse ETFs) $IGV In a down trend. $TAN Blah. $XBI Yikes. $ARKK My goodness… $SDS Working $QID Working.
- bRobert: @snowbound $ENPH Patience $TAN looks like a retest of the recent low Bear flag now Watch for trigger soon
- snowbound: $PLUG Is also under pressure which is non- solar . There's a structural market condition producing weakness in these alternatives across the board . $SEDG $TAN $ENPH
- bRobert: @woodman $ENPH Yup H&S top NO SUPPORT at the 20/50w for this and SEDG Both had big moves off the bottom Watching from a distance for a proven bottom to reengage $TAN $60 target
- bRobert: $TAN heading towards $60 H&S top target I said I would get more excited about TAN after it broke above the 200d Never did The potential targets were high AFTER that $100/$125+
- woodman: #Solar $TAN - Red Giant.
- bRobert: @woodman $TAN #Solar needed a higher SPF Flew too close to the sun Icarus rash
- woodman: @bRobert $TAN #Solar - Time to see a dermatologist.
- bRobert: @woodman $TAN #Solar Block head A sun tan lotion for convertible enthusiasts
- snowbound: $TAN Is at the 50SMA DAILY and is negotiating a tail spike .
- bRobert: $SEDG. Stopped. out. Small M. top. acquired. $280. target. There is. more. potential. downside with a break of. $280. $240 potential $ENPH. Bear flag to the 20d. trigger H&S. top trigger $150 potential. $TAN $60. potential. Never got. above the 200d. ceiling. Then 20d. ceiling. Now. H&S. top with dip < 50d.
- bRobert: @bRobert $SEDG $ENPH $TAN WEEKLY. $SEDG. $ENPH. testing. 20/50w floor. on pullback. Still time for a stay of execution. Awaiting. call from the governor.
- snowbound: @bRobert $SEDG $ENPH $TAN I thought you were the governor , Governor . $PLUG is down as well which is alternative energy but not solar although its not bearish engulfing . Alternatives are technically tied to the fossils and there are too many market forces are at play short term to try and enumerate . $SEDG is testing the chart with lift off the VWAP but its weakened . A recovery to the 200SMAD , however , would bring some color into it .
- bRobert: @snowbound $SEDG $ENPH $TAN $PLUG This was a low risk Trade entry the other day as. posted. Should be a scratch with stop $289.90 as suggested. after a $294. bounce entry Need to give it and $TAN space some breathing room. Watch and react. TAN. dip < 50d. and potential H&S. trigger. CAN test. $60. unless it quickly. reverses course
- snowbound: @bRobert $SEDG $ENPH $TAN $PLUG Its still intraday , Doc ... we either trade around on these or lose them is my thinking . I'm trying to hold onto mine but thanks for your help .
- bRobert: @snowbound $SEDG $ENPH $TAN $PLUG My major entries were from well below $230 for. SEDG $280. area may hold. Prior neckline of the. inv. H&S. base
- snowbound: @bRobert $SEDG $ENPH $TAN $PLUG Most of these are still in play but they're in danger zones . I love it when you give me entries , thanks .
- bRobert: @snowbound $SEDG $ENPH $TAN $PLUG With a low risk entry. you will only endure paper cuts The longer term trade from below was very profitable The long term potential is still there. after further consolidation $SEDG moved from $200. to $350 in a few months 75%.
- snowbound: @bRobert $SEDG $ENPH $TAN $PLUG You can endure paper cuts , simply cut and run .... or trade off the bottoms on days like these , selling into the close . It helps keep you in the game and builds muscle between your ears .
- snowbound: $SEDG This lost support at the VWAP ... $TAN Is a also a break , somewhat less dramatic $ENPH This case looks different ... with major support and resistance levels to watch tomorrow . Today it tested the 20SMAd to the upside , almost as low as the 50 the downside all straddling the 200 as the 500lb gorilla in the middle . $PLUG Inside day but a big RED nonetheless .
- snowbound: $TAN 38.2 % is the pivot ....
- bRobert: @snowbound $TAN WEEKLY. view. Get. >. $80. 20/50W. and. $100. target $125. major target. 2. on route to $200. LONG TERM. Keeping it simple
- bRobert: $TAN. 50d. bounce
- scottrades: @bRobert $TAN $SPWR Holding near the 21 EMA.
- bRobert: @scottrades $TAN $SPWR I prefer. $SEDG. $ENPH. WEEKLY a giant step ahead. Pullback to the 20/50w. from ABOVE. Reversal base $375/$450. to start for. SEDG. $280/$440.
- bRobert: @scottrades $TAN $SPWR $TAN. still messing around until ABOVE 200d. ceiling and. unleashed. then. $100/$125. Higher long term
- snowbound: $TAN ditto ( almost) to $SEDG . The 8EMAd is overhead .
- snowbound: @bRobert $SEDG #3 I am following you , Doc , gratitude . I think I see what you see but its the broader market tape that's been the hassle . As a result I'm timing and re - timing entries to stay lean and build muscle . These stocks are behaving very well given the volatility . Also $PLUG has a well behaved chart , $TAN and $ENPH .
- bRobert: @snowbound $SEDG $PLUG $TAN $ENPH #3 SEDG and ENPH. have good. charts in a bad. general market. They are the generals of. $TAN and have stronger charts Caution in a volatile market is understandable It would be perfectly understandable to sit on the sidelines until the general market is back in an uptrend LOW RISK. entries in quality stocks with good charts is cautious risk managed trading if you are not on the sidelines. Several groups are near the highs $XOP $XME. $SLX. Ag. $IPI $MOS $DE. etc. Several with bullish set ups. in cyber $PANW $CRWD. etc. You can own them with trailing stops HMOs. another group. Pb bounces. Nh printers.
- snowbound: @bRobert $SEDG $PLUG $TAN $ENPH $XOP $XME $SLX $IPI $MOS $DE $PANW $CRWD #3 The alternative energy stocks are actually ones I'd like to hold , if they will cooperate ( I'll still trade them ) . I think the stage is set for the new technologies to gain merit ( meaning , a real working alternative solution , not just a soundbite ) . Trading coal and oil is not my thing but having spent a career in each I'm certainly not opposed when the need is present . Sitting behind a screen is certainly less stressful than gauging tanks and handling explosive ingredients but they need hands at everything that is difficult to do .
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Still choppy around the 50 Day $QQQ Still under the 50 Day $GDX Working $UUP Sharp move down today $XME New High $XLE / $OIH Working $IGV Inverse H&S? $TAN Close to the 50 Day $GBTC Nice Bounce. $AAPL / $TSLA / $AMZN Lower High $NEM Working $GOLD At resistance $GFI See the slope? $FCX Better today $CLF Back above the 8EMA $ARCH Black Gold $AMR Great volume $HCC Closed off the highs, but great volume $BTU New High $TECK Closed at a New High $ATI Right at resistance $DVN Working $OXY Goins sideways $SU Watch 34.20 $PANW Flag $FTNT Flag $NET Watch the 200 Day $CRWD Above the 200 Day
- snowbound: $TAN ( marker taken at the FIB pivot and yesterday's high )
- bRobert: @snowbound $TAN Pullback to support Bounce
- snowbound: @bRobert $TAN I like this but I'm practicing safe staged entries to try to shake off some of the volatility . This is a good one , thanks .
- bRobert: @snowbound $TAN Buy in scales Sell in scales Nothing new
- snowbound: @bRobert $TAN Its NEW the way snowbie does it ! ....
- bRobert: @wineinquirer $SEDG M top completed. daily. n 50/200d. WEEKLY. flag. pb. to the 20/50w $400/$500+. $ENPH. WEEKLY pb to the 20/50w. $300/$450 $TAN. flag under the 50w. $100. with trigger. above. $125/$200. potential long term
- snowbound: @bRobert $SEDG $ENPH $TAN $ENPH Is into a possible test of the 200SMA DAILY after failing at the 20SMAd . An add - back will wait for a move to clarity . A re -taking of the 20SMAd would also overtake the 50% FIB RET level higher in continuance of the relatively tight uptrend .
- bRobert: $SEDG $370/$500+ $ENPH $280/$400 Pullbacks to the 20/50w BOUNCE would be great $TAN Pb to the 50d from the 200d ceiling sets up a low risk entry soon
- snowbound: $TAN DAILY FIBS ( oh ! ) We want to see this pivot hold . WEEKLY setup is interesting as well with the 38.2 % retracement also as the ~ 20SMAw to hold as S1 .
- bigbartabs: @scottrades $ATI $SPY $QQQ $GLD $GDX $XME $URA $XLE $TAN $GBTC $AAPL $MSFT $TSLA $MA $QLYS $TWTR $SQ $COIN $FTNT $CLF $FXC $SEGD $RUN $CARG $EOG $ERF $GWW $ZIM $MATX ... might want to learn shorthand. Could have just said "mess" ==:O
- scottrades: Good morning Team! Bit of a mixed bag this morning. Seeing some slightly higher opens on some Energy stocks. I mentioned yesterday not to lose sight of these stocks. A lot of them are still in nice uptrends. $CVX $IMO $XOM $SU are all still above the ...
- bRobert: $GTLS Strong hold $200/$250/$300 mile stones Stop < 20d $SEDG Small add Flat top triangle in large reversal base $390/$500+ $TAN Daily breakout Retest/ ADD Stop < 20d 200d/ 50W ceiling $100/$125 when cleared $200 long term
- Jazman0013: @bRobert $GTLS $SEDG $TAN long $TAN. Missed being here for the last couple weeks.
- bRobert: @Jazman0013 $GTLS $SEDG $TAN Welcome back Life goes on regardless
- Jazman0013: @bRobert $GTLS $SEDG $TAN indeed it does. There was so much that required undivided attention.
- bRobert: @Jazman0013 $GTLS $SEDG $TAN EXACTLY I am overweight 1 major position $XOP I have taken partial profits or more in others that were at the top of range and extended
- Jazman0013: @bRobert $GTLS $SEDG $TAN $XOP good to read your posts again. Always appreciate your insights
- bRobert: $TAN 200d pullback and Breakout retest $SEDG $ENPH restrained Tame pullbacks Long $SEDG $TAN $RN 20d test 50d test if M top trigger below
- scottrades: My Notes: COTD: Some heavy metal (Fabrication) with $ATI (Watch 29.50) $SPY Above the 200 Day but still in consolidation. $QQQ Rejection at the 200 Day $GLD Going sideways. $GDX Same $XME Resting $URA Unable to go. $XLE Resistance at the Trendline $TAN Resistance at the 200 Day $GBTC Still along the 8EMA $AAPL Near the highs $MSFT Above the 8EMA $TSLA At the slope $MA Watch 371 $QLYS Flag $TWTR Pushing back at the 200 Day $SQ Basing $COIN Out my crypto trades for now. $FTNT Resistance at. $CLF Light exposure after the give back. $FXC Basing $SEGD Long base $RUN Unable to break out today $CARG Watch 45.80 $EOG Clear Resistance. $ERF Flag. $GWW Building a Handle $ZIM $MATX Breakdown in Shipping stocks
- AndStars: @scottrades $ATI $SPY $QQQ $GLD $GDX $XME $URA $XLE $TAN $GBTC $AAPL $MSFT $TSLA $MA $QLYS $TWTR $SQ $COIN $FTNT $CLF $FXC $SEGD $RUN $CARG $EOG $ERF $GWW $ZIM $MATX Hey Scott, Nice job on the Strategy Session tonight, buddy. Very concise and informative. I appreciate you getting a lot of info out there in a short period of time. I like the new profile picture at @Scottrades on $TWTR. Cool! I think it looks a bit like Elon! Lol. ₿
While we are seeing a ton of Tech stocks bounce, I don’t want to lose sight of some of the commodity stocks. Coal stocks like $BTU and $AMR are still in a nice uptrend. #$XLE and $OIH Stocks are the same. Materials like $TECK $FCX $SCCO are st ...
- stairm01: @woodman $ENPH $SEDG Add $SPWR $FLNC $TAN to that list of movers. Solar is hot.
- Cjauger: $TAN flagging on daily
- Cjauger: $TAN and $TSLA breaking above daily flags
- bRobert: @bRobert $SEDG $CAR $HD $nail $REGN $LABU $TAN 200d ceiling $100/$125/$200 targets $RUN $40/$60/$80+
- bRobert: $TAN JUST A PIECE $100 with a move > 200d $125/$200 long term De todo un poco $SEDG and #ENPH are the alpha dogs High margins Duopoly Will outperform $TAN
- Ed4567: $run $tan I am in now when do I sell them. In @$32 AND $77 I am great at buying terrible at knowing when to sell.
- Mnatale: @Ed4567 $run $tan Dan has some videos on selling strategies, take a look.
- wanda1616: @Ed4567 $run $tan sometimes its nice to take profits when you have them and get your confidence up.... a CLOSE under the 8ema is a tip off that there is more downside potential
- wjj3: @Ed4567 $run $tan that be the age old investing conundrum when you figure it out write a book and relax on your 200 meter boat !
- bRobert: $TAN Looking to return to the sunny side of the WEEKLY beach Look at the 2020 run there Setting up for a repeat move $100 - $200 targets
- scottrades: $TAN Took a few days but we finally got it.
- bogiedog1: @scottrades $TAN Finally, been watching this thanks to you. I took some earlier today when it started moving. Volume looks better too. Thx Scott.
- scottrades: @bogiedog1 $TAN Nice one! I'm long some $RUN
- bRobert: @scottrades $TAN $SEDG set up more bullish Sitting above all support Flat top base $390/$540+ Better weekly base closing in on highs ALL will work TAN $80/$125 to start $200 long term
- bRobert: @scottrades $TAN $RUN $RUN long term SPEC Did well on first RUN $10 - $100 I like it long term but zig zags
- woodman: @bRobert $TAN $SEDG - Those are the ones I'm in as well - $ENPH RUN SEDG. Not such a coincidence. :-)
- Pokersmith: @bRobert $TAN $RUN You know what they say about the long run 😬
- bRobert: @woodman $TAN $SEDG ALL will work $ENPH $SEDG the top tier with the best charts and fundamentals
- scottrades: $TAN Still just grinding along the 8EMA
- scottrades: Watching $TAN for some volume
- snowbound: $TAN FIBS
- snowbound: $TAN Same view of the FIB channel as $SEDG in tight support - resistance along the handle .
- scottrades: $TAN still just holding the 8EMA
- bRobert: @scottrades $TAN $SEDG. pb. bounce from 20d. Flat top
- BryanT: @bRobert $TAN $ENPH $SEDG $SOL Nice call on $SOL. Nice pull back bounce off the 50 with a higher low.
- scottrades: My notes: COTD: Time for a little $TAN? $SPY +460 $QQQ Above the 200 SMA $GLD Holding the 50 Day $GDX Upside reversal IGV Breaking out of a shelf $SMH High above the MAs $XLP High above the MAs #Crypto BTC Breaking out of an accumulation zone. Needs a rest. $AAPL 11 Days Up $MSFT Mr. Softee is working $NVDA Watch for the PB $AVGO Working $SQ Watch the 200 Day $JNPR Working great $AMR Close to the highs. Watch 134. $CPE Firming up. $REGN Above resistance $JBHT Holding the 21 EMA $MATX In trend, good volume today $GWW Watch for a handle and 528 $SEDG Flat Base. Wath 341.20 $RUN Moving on volume, look for a PB $SPWR Clear pivot. Watch 22 $COIN Working $SI Working $HUT Sold some today but still in trend. $RIOT Looks like it could consolidate
- bRobert: $TAN healthy consolidation under the 200d ceiling Nice base HIGH targets when ready to move above $100/$125/$200 Bullish the sector $SEDG $ENPH have an advantage Duopoly and high margins Steps ahead High targets Approaching the top of the weekly range soon BULLISH BASES HIGH TARGETS
- bRobert: $TAN WEEKLY reversal base Flag just below the 50W $100 with trigger $125/$200 long term $ENPH $SEDG already above the ceiling and walking to the top of the range $450/$500+ potential Pick of the litter $SOL spec WEEKLY base pinching a bit below the 50w Monster upside potential Small can get large $$$ in a great spec That's the point
- snowbound: $LULU $IIPR $COIN $GBTC $HUT $SEDG $TAN $PLUG $ENPH $CRM $LABU $SWKS $FNGU $TTD
- scottrades: $TAN Pulling back to the 8EMA
- Nivek231: @scottrades $TAN Does this strong downdraft give you pause on taking a starter today? Would you wait for a green candle or signs of a turn first? Thanks.
- scottrades: @Nivek231 $TAN This has been a buy on the Pullback to the 8EMA. Want to see it close above.
- bla00109: @scottrades $TAN $ENPH for longer term - held since Mar 15 when it rebounded off 20 SMA. $ENPH has consistently shown superior relative strength compared to $TAN. Note the upward, positive slope of the graph of $ENPH/$TAN chart attached.
- bRobert: @Des $FSLR If you like it TAKE A SMALL PIECE 20/50d just below Let it work $90 200d with trigger $115+ with move > 200d ceiling $TAN related bull market $ENPH $SEDG are the leaders in their high margin segment duopoly BEST CHARTS
- scottrades: @bla00109 $TAN $ENPH Appreciate that!
- manoli77: $TAN $SPWR basing at the lows of the day. trying to make a turnaround. Low risk with stop at today's low
- bRobert: $RUN WEEKLY view Cup base 20W ceiling pullback $40 and 50w ceiling when cleared $60/$80 are long term targets $TAN 50W/200d pullback as expected $100/$125 when cleared $200 LONG TERM $SEDG $ENPH Pullback bounces SEDG great flat top W + Reversal base will test $370 soon $500/$550 potential long term USE THE TELESCOPE Monster weekly base LONG sideways 18 months $ENPH Same deal $400/450 potential Traded this one from the teens
- snowbound: $TAN Strong V - (w) bottom DAILY with hard resistance at the pivot consolidation area ~ 78 . The next leg higher is almost 10% to the underside of the 200SMAd ~ 50SMAw . It entered the initial zone of overlapping support and resistance bands at the 73.50 area and is churning and burning higher in an ascending wedge .
$IGV Clear resistance
$IYT Big volume up, small volume down.
$XLU Working. Watch the 21 EMA
$TAN Nice base pattern here.
$MSOS Pot Stocks catching a bid on news.
#Bitcoin Coming close to 45K Resistance. Exxon Mobil is mining Bitcoin with excess n ...
- bRobert: $TAN approaching 200d ceiling $100 when cleared Reversal base $130/$200 long term targets One stop shop $ENPH and $SEDG are technically STRONGER Duopoly in high margin segment of power conversion Testing top of range son SEDG $ENPH will catch up
- bRobert: Overweight positions .......$XOP $TAN related $SEDG . Machinery $DE #1 with some $AGCO $URI $HRI Heavy metals $XME $70+ target $FCX $80 $X $40/$50 $TSLA I have other positions I am rebuilding generals $MSFT $SMH related in scales Cloud related $FTNT $PANW $CRM SLOWLY Transports $JBHT slowly building in $ARCB $TGI I really like $FLR $GTLS long term There are more but most in these areas
- mopick: @bRobert $XOP $TAN $SEDG $DE $AGCO $URI $HRI $XME $FCX $X $TSLA $MSFT $SMH $FTNT $PANW $CRM $JBHT $ARCB $TGI $FLR $GTLS #1, what, no $BX???
- bRobert: @mopick $XOP $TAN $SEDG $DE $AGCO $URI $HRI $XME $FCX $X $TSLA $MSFT $SMH $FTNT $PANW $CRM $JBHT $ARCB $TGI $FLR $GTLS $BX #1 I left out a few NOT overweight any financial Yes I own $BX The majority of my $$$ is above Vastly overweight $XOP Machinery , Commodities $XME complex Ag
- bRobert: @mopick $XOP $TAN $SEDG $DE $AGCO $URI $HRI $XME $FCX $X $TSLA $MSFT $SMH $FTNT $PANW $CRM $JBHT $ARCB $TGI $FLR $GTLS $BX #1 You should take note of what I am concentrated in Not every position
- scottrades: $TAN Still doing ok. Holding the 8EMA.
The investment seeks investment results that correspond generally to the performance, before the fund's fees and expenses, of an equity index called the MAC Global Solar Energy Index. The fund will invest at least 90% of total assets in common stock, ADRs and GDRs that comprise the index and depositary receipts representing common stocks included in the index. The Solar Index was comprised of approximately 26 securities selected based on the relative importance of solar power within the company's business model. It generally will invest in all of the securities comprising the index in proportion to their weightings in the index. The fund is non-diversified.Request Video of TAN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- A look at Guggenheim Solar ETF -- Is the Sun Setting on Solar?By Dan March 6th, 2014
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 88,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (88,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!