S&P 500 ETF TRUST ETF (:SPY)
Old Forum Content for SPYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- wineinquirer: $SPY ?rendezvous w/200w possible but may have to wait for Nov interim elections. Lot of mud & manure to scrape off (politics, war, inflation, investor fears, summer hurricanes.......guess we could throw in locusts, water turned to blood, hail, frogs you get the point!.....
- joelsg1: $SPY 4000 approaching. Reaction someway.
- bRobert: $SPY. $400. speed. bump. support on. WEEKLY. Good for. potential bounce/throwback . towards. $420 neckline. More. downside. expected. with.a failed. relief. . bounce
- joelsg1: @bRobert $SPY Doesn't that imply 20 down?
- scottrades: Would like to see a close near the lows and then a gap-down flush tomorrow. $SPY $QQQ
- bRobert: @joelsg1 $SPY Bear flag. measures to the. $390 - $380. area. depending upon your. eye. H&S. top. WEEKLY. $380 - $360. . Eye of the beholder. Daily H&S. top. $360. eye of the beholder. Like a. Rorschach test. Tell me what you see
- joelsg1: @bRobert $SPY Thought you describing mini H&S.
- bRobert: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ Would you like fries and a beer with your order
- scottrades: @bRobert $SPY $QQQ Salad, please I'm dieting.
- joelsg1: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ Your noted rotation to hard liquor.
- bRobert: @joelsg1 $SPY Different pieces to this bearish tea leaf. The bear flag. The. H&S. top. Daily. and. weekly views
- scottrades: @joelsg1 $SPY $QQQ LOL!
- Pokersmith: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ "Would like to see a close near the lows and then a gap-down flush tomorrow. $SPY $QQQ" Wouldn't THAT be something. Been a while. Will the algos allow it ?....THAT'S the question
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Cash isn’t Trash. $QQQ Given up all of the gains from 2021 $DIA Not much better $GLD Above the 200 Day $TLT Down at 2018 Levels $UUP The Wrecking Ball $XLE At the 50 Day $XOP Under the 50 Day $XLU Close to the 50 Day $DBC A slow mover, but still got hit. $SMH Lower Low $QID Higher High. $SDS New high $GBTC Yikes. $AAPL Broke the longer term trend $AMZN I gotta think 2000 is in play. $GOOGL 3 Levels to watch $MSFT Coming out of the hose $TWTR Short Seller believes this deal could be priced lower. $UPST Watch for a bounce tomorrow. $TSN Above the 50 Day.
- bRobert: $SPY. Earlier. post with. set ups 5d. multi day. H&S. top. $390 target. $410. - $430. ish. $20. move. below. $410. ......$390 1 mo. multi day. M. top. $406. - 429. $383. potential. Daily. H&S. top. $365. $415. - $465. ish. WEEKLY. H&S. top. $360. $420. - $480. Small M. top. $390. $420. - $450 Bottom. line. Lower. targets with failed. bounces until there is a technical. makeover. that kills off. a lot of. pain above. $FXI. has had a 50%. correction. SPY. 16%. correction pales in comparison. Best house with bad neighbors.
- champ: $SPY.....On the Markets-from-Hell....I had some nice Day-Trades, that I posted on today...however I'm not swinging any of those positions...O...and it is almost impossible to swing any long positions.....because just about every move falls back....and for me, I still have No-swing-confidence..... ....so I'm still mostly out of the markets.....because I'm still only holding 3 small swing positions. The next Set-up for me is...... .....like I posted today,.... I need to see the reaction from the Markets, from that #CPI-Report, that will be reported on Wednesday morning....because that #Economic report, always has a high trading impact on the markets,....could maybe even get a bounce, however I sure don't know and my guess is...I guess.. I have #No-guess.
- bRobert: @Imortalz1 No expansion of new lows is the only positive No lower low yet for $SPY $QQQ $SMH (bear flag ) $ITB still > 20d on Break out pullback retest
- Imortalz1: @bRobert $SPY $QQQ $SMH $ITB I think that's only because of the Wed. Rally. We are neither up or down on the week but there is nothing in the cards that a rally is imminent and to reverse trend just for a Bear rally we are talking about about a QQQ breaking over 330 only to bang it's head on 340/350...that's a lot of over head supply.
- bRobert: @Imortalz1 The $FXI got cut in 1/2 We are far from that .. 200w is the H&S target in play 18% lower for $SPY $340 50% correction is $240 $QQQ 200w 18% lower as well
- bRobert: @Imortalz1 $SPY $QQQ $SMH $ITB All weekly H&S tops with throwbacks to necklines Big generals eg $NVDA throwing in the towel $IYT H&S top Break will cut into energy Recession thoughts will cut into energy trade .....decreased demand
- scottrades: @scottrades $QQQ And there goes $SPY
- joelsg1: $SPY Small turn in process, read somewhere yesterday was "Sinko de Mayo":)
- scottrades: Short term bounce in play. Taking out the highs. Consider Swing Stops at LOD. $SPY
- champ: $SPY....most all stocks need a #positive Market....Now the computers, (they are the triggers) they took those Second profits off also.... .....plus the CopyCats...the Day-Traders moved the Markets up and now they took those profits off again...... .....still early and they are still.... #Testing and everybody is Trailing with #tight-stops....... .....can't beat those Computers but you can work with them, because we can see what keeps #flashing Green....those stocks can really work like #magnets.....with timings.
- rclaus: @champ $SPY #positive #Testing #tight-stops #flashing #magnets I truly appreciate your insights particularly when it comes to the overall market. Everyone has a different style of trading. I have been mostly day trading this market and doing well. I sleep better at night when I am not holding overnight in this environment.
- champ: @rclaus $SPY #positive #Testing #tight-stops #flashing #magnets.....Exactly and size really does matter on any overnight swing positions .....that were working on a new Day-Trade....need to take partial profits on 1/2 or 3/4th of your positions ....or just take #Full-profits...and some might work and others won't...because on any Market turn everything drops...... Yes sir....and all trades are #all-about the Markets....for stock-pickers...because the Bet really...is All about the Markets.....and also on how your stock will work at a certain #Price-level....for sure.....Pus the #Bet today is also on the Markets....then the close will be in play on my Positions.... #Good-Luck....
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Needs to calm down. Respect the lows. $QQQ Lower Low $DIA Under the Major MAs $GLD Choppy $UUP Wrecking Ball $XLE Still where you want to be $XOP Trend is fine $OIH At the 50 day $DBC A slow mover, but working. $GBTC Know your time frame $AAPL Holding the Longer term trend $MSFT Needs a base $TSLA Nothing Good happens under the 200 Day $USO Watch above the line! $XOM Working great $APA Dan Added this to the ATL $OXY Working $PSX High Base $DVN Working $AR Might be starting some consolidation $BPT Support at the 50 Day $GLNG Above the MAs $KMI From the forum $CEIX Coal still Black Gold.
scottrades: Happy Cinco de Mayo Team! A slight lower open on $SPY and $QQQ this morning. Meanwhile I see the $XLE and $XOP Stocks creeping up as we get closer to the bell.
We had a nice squeeze yesterday and as I mentioned in the email we sent out, we want to ...
- bRobert: $SPY retest of $420 area from ABOVE I like these type of tests
- champ: $SPY...at $418.....might or could hold at around this #level, now that most all the swingers and the #CopyCat-sellers took their profits off.....this was expected because as we all know... the first Bounce #most-always falls back....however still early.... ......Now....could Watch for new Entries...... ~~~ Entries that hold are the only thing that count, all of mine..so far are Holding....now waiting to see if I can add.... ......watching to see what happens .... Lock and Load..... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- bigbartabs: @champ $SPY #level #CopyCat-sellers #most-always ... we've had big bounces with bigger pullbacks for the last 5 weeks. Not anything I see yet that seems different. Continues to be a lot of investor money being lost. Traders? Even there a tough slog.
- DrScience: #Markets $SPY Complete lack of buyers. Sellers are definitely in control. Positive TICKs are virtually non-existent. Breadth is horrible -- NYSE: -11.5:1, NASD -4.85:1 But, the good news is the $VIX just dropped below $30.
- champ: @bigbartabs $SPY #level #CopyCat-sellers #most-always ....$UVXY...is HOD and should turn lower .....and now it is getting to be around the right...... Time of the Day........ ..............Computerized-Trading............. .........and $SPY is at....LOD $415.22 now........#RHRN and both all the real Traders and Investors #know how this game is played, how it works...... .......however most should, they need to only Watch......... .......however this could be Game-On, #Risk-back-On .....RHRN....we will see. LOL
- bRobert: $SPY $415 neckline H&S top is holding ....so far WEEKLY view Shoe drop potential if the dam breaks $370 No predictions
- champ: @Cjauger $SPY is now at $413.99 #RHRN,...this is #LOD.... Yes sir still dropping .....and the color Red, is alway your friend....because it will let you know where Back-in Entry is, when it first turns green .....however it all depends on what you are watching.... .......you are watching, what you should be watching...the $SPY....plus $AAPL, $AMZN and a few others...for any possible Market-turn.....
- bRobert: $SPY multi day Spike high yesterday creating H&S top potential Bounce expected BUT a failed bounce sets up a trigger watch If SPY < $400 support $360 becomes a high probability WEEKLY view Obvious H&S top Failed throwback towards the 20/50w ceiling Drop < $406 resumes shoe drop with only $400 left to catch it Imagine trying to catch a 600 pound gorilla jumping off a tree That is the weight pressing on the index
- Cheezit: @shoredriver Makes you want to throw everything in $QQQ and $SPY, walk away and check it once a year.
- shoredriver: @Cheezit $QQQ $SPY ....sell options against it.......
- snowbound: @champ #Algos Its insane to be sure in any event ( but ) ... this does feel like machines . The $SPY has tested the bottom area once again with some recovery ( pass the popcorn ) .
- champ: @snowbound $SPY #Algos...... Computerized-Trading, is the largest risk for both Investors and Traders.....because they take profits, off on both directions, they work all turns, small and large.......they kill Profits, they take all they can get....and its almost impossible to work like computers....they drag profits off of everything.....off of every move..... .....and all of us CopyCats can get hurt. They work off of #Scare-Tactics.....off of Price movements. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
- snowbound: @champ $SPY #Algos That's a perfect angle to look into further . With the rise of the machines , therefore , can only be mastered through short managed swings .
- champ: @snowbound $SPY #Algos........or low Core-entries, they are Must-have....then they can't brain-wash..everyone, off of price movements. ......Think.....Core and work around your Core....... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
- snowbound: @champ $SPY #Algos Yes ! ... I'm working on some small cores too when it seems appropriate . They are still actively traded more than I would prefer in this chop . thanks
- champ: $SPY....now with 60 minute left, what is their plan, how are they going to play the Close....1,000 point drops, just don't happen all of the time....... ......they are trying to Capitalize off of negative News,....and thats a DC play,...that they leaned how to work.... .....Wait for the Turn or right before the Close might work, however need to.... #see how their play is going to work....can't really guess...because today is not #TGIF-Friday....but tomorrow is......
- marklesparkle: @champ $SPY #see #TGIF-Friday OSIF
- champ: @marklesparkle $SPY #see #TGIF-Friday...---- I hear you and the $SPY is flat for the week....however all the longs are getting hit, getting killed after yesterday.....
- wineinquirer: $SPY @bRobert........daily looks like a floor ready to give way. Sellers seem to be waiting to unload and not yet done. If floor cracks, can't imagine that 200w won't be in play over time.........?another 10%+ down when 200w is extended out on chart. One of the most chaotic bears I've ever seen, not in pure % down but enough air pockets to warrant Omeprazole! Somewhat mirrors the economic and geopolitical landscape. Time will peel these off one at a time but where each lands...................?? Watching the charts from distance and letting them direct me........mostly to the wine cellar these days!!
- champ: $SPY....25 minutes left....need the computers to swing over to long-positions...you would think, that the computers would buy this dip.....#RNRH.....need another surprise.
- champ: $SPY...still too early.....maybe in the last 10 to 5 minutes, might get some green volume...
- scottrades: Hard to believe but $SPY is basically Flat on the week.
- bRobert: @wineinquirer $SPY the SPY has been ignoring a lot of unsettling issues for as long as it could Best house in a bad neighborhood. Too much uncertainty to invest without great risk to principal Fear moves markets faster than greed
- bRobert: @scottrades $SPY Hard to get good oversold with this action Sapping the confidence of investors as well
- traderbren: @scottrades $SPY - yep, pretty insane volatility!
- champ: $SPY ....could be and if a move happens, it will be #Fast....real Fast.
- adamchess: @bRobert $SPY keep thinking this market is uninvestible for mere mortals lately
- bRobert: $SPY. Bear. flag. to $420. failure. $QQQ. $320. Get above those levels and good things can happen. The market will embrace the move
- bRobert: @ScottL $QQQ That was my posted. line to cross for. bullish trades to set up Of course it needs to be a floor $SPY. $420 same
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY The J Pow Pump $QQQ Bounce is on $DIA Watch the 50 Day $UUP The wrecking stops swinging, for now. $DBC Strong Trend. Look at the Volume. $GLD Still all over the place $XOP Pullback bounce $XLE At the highs $SMH Whippy but good volume $XLB In a year long base. Above all the MAs $XLP Above the 50 Day $GBTC Short term False breakdown $AAPL Swinging This $TSLA Above the 50 Day $MSFT potential Double Bottom $FB Everyone hates it. $PYPL Potential short term reversal base $XOM Near the highs $CVX Above he MAs $CVE Working $PSX Boom! $VLO Working $SU Working, look for dips. $DVN 52 Week High $OXY Good volume. Close to resistance $CEIX Coal is still working $CF Above the MAs $LAC Lithium - Earnings tomorrow. $ADP Channel $ON Above the 50 Day
- bRobert: Overhead resistance on WEEKLY chart $SPY $420 $QQQ $320 Get above those ceilings and a decent rally is possible to 20/50w ceilings If not.............significant potential for a closer glimpse of the 200w Watch and react Put/call ratios are at an extreme high Sentiment is overly BEARISH The set up is there for a decent COUNTER TREND bounce.
- scottrades: Profits are coming and going quick in this tape. Want to try and stay involved but don't forget to take some off into strength. $QQQ $SPY
- woodman: @scottrades $QQQ $SPY - And of course the FOMC tomorrow....
- bRobert: @woodman $QQQ $SPY May you live in interesting times
- scottrades: @woodman $QQQ $SPY Indeed!
- bRobert: $QQQ $320+ $SPY $420 speed bumps tested Pullbacks A nice rally has potential when they are cleared and hold You are going to have to wait a day
- Jazman0013: @scottrades $QQQ $SPY you can’t take them fast enough. Whiplash zone
- woodman: @Jazman0013 $QQQ $SPY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjYP0n1k7YU
- Chaficp: @Jazman0013 $QQQ $SPY Bipolar market today!
$SPY -- be quicker to take profits, and losses. Trade smaller, and remain open minded.
$TNX--X Fed tomorrow. 10-year at 3%.
$XLE -- Energy is still where you want to be. Big money is buying this still. It’s been volatile, but it is still in ...
champ: $SPY....#My-Thoughts about how I'm currently thinking and working.....and on Market-Direction....obviously we are all waiting for New entries, off of our Watch-List......
...however we have a few Economic Reports to get through this week, before the ...
- snowbound: @champ $SPY #My-Thoughts #FOMC-Rate-Decision #News-Conference #possible #Trail #Full-Time #Trailing #starts-out #Phonies #never #Real-Time #especially #reasons //// Sharing a day trade in the FORUM is a challenge but it can be done effectively , IMHO . As was suggested the other day by one long time member , its not often conducive to the " broader discussions " sometimes dominating certain stocks . It can seem confusing to some . I think we'll see some trades and short -term swingsters should eat their Wheaties . ... . all the discussion surrounding a perfect entry comes down to a decent initial day -trade entry ( in some camps , others will feel free to disagree ) . It would be those initial steps surrounding entry that deserve enough practice to make familiar in an effort to internalize the triggers .
- champ: $SPY is at $415....and it trying to make a turn, the timing is right for the shorts to start take some profits off....with 60 minutes before the close, however this drop could sure continue....
- bRobert: $SPY $410 daily H&S top target for a while WEEKLY H&S top potential $360 200W potential
- scottrades: As you can imagine there's an extremely low probability of me buying anything into the close. We get a new Monthly Candle starting on Monday. $SPY
- bRobert: @scottrades $SPY How about a strong cocktail?
- scottrades: @bRobert $SPY I'm on my 3rd coffee of the day...trying to stay awake..haha
- bRobert: @scottrades $SPY I get up a little before you I am a trained barista
- champ: @scottrades $SPY $SSO....could maybe get a few spec swings near the close....however need to wait for the computers to turn....
- bRobert: $HRI WEEKLY Picture speaks 100 words BREAKDOWN from a squeeze could test 200w Daily H&S top has had a $110 target since trigger < $140 Look at the WEEKLY charts of stocks indexes The telescope works for good and bad news $QQQ $SPY $SMH NO BUENO BREAKDOWNS Many others $XLF H&S top BREAKDOWN $XLI breaking $XRT long term breakdown All here know I am a avid fan of WEEKLY monthly charts for perspective long and shorts The weekly chart removes the noise and gives you clarity
- champ: $SPY...still too early, just let stocks drop...and the lower they go, the better they look...Wait.
- snowbound: @scottrades $SPY At the risk of stealing your thunder (smile) ... I'm understanding your message to say , " swingers , reduce risk ! " . If that's not correct please tap three times on your coffee cup ... frankly , I find your DAILY markers very helpful in the process ( and they were missing for a week ! ) .
- BocaRick: @bRobert $QQQ $SPY February low 410. $QQQ March low 317
- scottrades: @snowbound $SPY Love to hear that Will! You can steal my thunder any day, as long as you're preaching great swing trading practices. :)
- champ: $SPY ...and $SSO is at $54.80, starting to see a little ...Lock and Load...
- snowbound: @scottrades $SPY I'm working on it .... back to the Swing Trading for Consistency ( Consistent profits ) this weekend . Sometimes I just have to scat my own beat ! .... ( from Mr. Rhythm )
- bRobert: @BocaRick $QQQ $SPY Daily H&S top $435 - $460 top $410 target Failed bounce looking to complete the journey
- champ: $SPY....No bounce today and now Monday will be a huge Test Day for the Markets and the markets will get the ISM-Manufacturing numbers on Monday morning and that report will probably be the same as all the others, not good. ....We have all seen this bad movie before and this just another bad day for all the smart people, who are in charge of everything, however everyday is a bad day for them . ...........All have a Great Weekend............ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY End of Month Selloff $QQQ Lower Low $DIA Trend is down. $IWM No. $GLD / $GDX Under 3 Key MAs $UUP Still in an uptrend. $SMH Trend is down. $XLF Lower Low $XLV Unable to hold the 200 Day for now. $XLU Not holding the BO Zone $XME Rejected at the 50 Day $XLE Ok looking chart (outside Inverse ETFs) $XOP Better looking Chart (outside the Inverse ETFs) $IGV In a down trend. $TAN Blah. $XBI Yikes. $ARKK My goodness… $SDS Working $QID Working.
- bRobert: $SPY $QQQ Weak bounces after poundings Both bear flags H&S tops await a trigger $SPY $410 target from smaller H&S top above 435 - 460 so a $25 move < $435 WEEKLY view shows the potential drops to the 200W
- scottrades: Seeing the VIX break down a bit as $SPY tests the HOD.
- Cjauger: @scottrades $SPY new HOD
- scottrades: @Cjauger $SPY I see it! Any buy here would want to be small, in my opinion.
- scottrades: Watch the underside of the 8EMA for some potential short term resistance on $SPY / $SSO or $QQQ / $QLD
- Cjauger: @scottrades $SPY $SSO $QQQ $QLD I started a small $SSO position, what are you looking for to start a position? a strong close?
- scottrades: @Cjauger $SPY $SSO $QQQ $QLD Yea, I 'm more keen to start something near the end of the day since we've had so many fades into the close. Still would want to be small because the trend is down.
- bRobert: $SPY $QQQ bounces where expected WEEKLY double bottoms Positive RSI and Bollinger divergences on both TRADES hoping for a repeat of the mid March rally to the 200d ceiling for $QQQ Both bottom of range bounces hoping for top of range tests
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Can we hold the 4X Bottom? $QQQ Trend is still down $GLD Green today $UUP Should come back in the bands $DBC Holding above all the MAs $XOP Holding the 50 Day $XLU Above the 50 Day $XLV at the 200 Day $XLP Above all the MAs $XLB Holding the 200 Day (FCX, NEM, CF) $XME Under the 50 Day $GBTC Higher Lows, Flat top $AAPL Whippy on Earnings $AMZN Same $TSLA Still under the 200 Day $NVDA Needs a base $TWTR Holding the 8EMA $PYPL Holding the Pandemic Low $AR Great volume $OXY Holding the 50 Day $MRO Looks the same $SU Breakout on volume $CVE Same $VLO Holding the Flag Break $PBF Back to the highs $DK Same $BSM Earnings Next week. $CNX Watch 21.70 $ARCH Watch 176 $CEIX Holding the 8EMA $COST Holding the 50 Day $WMT Holding the 21 EMA
- debeers: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GLD $GDX $DBC $FFTY $XLU $QID $SDS $TSLA $AAPL $MSFT $GOOGL $NVDA $TWTR $COST $SMPL $PM $BSM $OVV $VLO -So nice to have you back! IMO being as the market is in correction, most of the non ag or energy sectors will be below the 200 day, dontcha think?
- bRobert: @Pokersmith this is the first year that I have earnestly geared up to short Select shorts last year $SAM with continuation Why not before? Strong Multi year uptrend in $QQQ $SPY
- bRobert: $QQQ $SPY WEEKLY double bounce expected Looking for failure to develop after more bulls sucked in Lower potential targets for both
- champ: $SPY....still up $4.20, however that first move fell back as expected...and now Market direction is flat lining at this current level, after falling back around $2.40 off of HOD...as of RHRN...... ......and the next move is unknown....however the guess is...could make another run back up to HOD, at some point during the day....but the odds are probably only 50-50...flip a coin....
The investment seeks to provide investment results that, before expenses, correspond generally to the price and yield performance of the S&P 500® Index. The Trust seeks to achieve its investment objective by holding a portfolio of the common stocks that are included in the Index (the ¿Portfolio¿), with the weight of each stock in the Portfolio substantially corresponding to the weight of such stock in the Index.Request Video of SPY
Already a member? Sign in here.
- A look at SPDR S&P 500 ETF -- Critical Technical Test (NYSE:SPY)By Dan August 16th, 2013
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 88,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (88,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!