PowerShares QQQ Trust Ser 1 (NASDAQ:QQQ)
Old Forum Content for QQQMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- scottrades: $QQQ Around the 300 (Psychological) level.
- bRobert: @scottrades $QQQ $280. bear flag. target. 200W. potential
- agiaccag: @scottrades $QQQ $SQQQ took some profits at R2 . expecting a bounce at 300 $QQQ we'll see.
- traderbren: @scottrades $QQQ - yep, I've had a line on my chart at 299 for some time....interesting to see how close it came this morning. ;-)
- agiaccag: @bRobert $QQQ I also have a AVWAP drawn from teh Dec 2018 low that hits in the same area. $QQQ 280 ish .
- bRobert: $QQQ. Expecting a. FAILED. bounce (YOU can trade. it. I always prefer trading the MAJOR trend Cover short. Resume with failure ) and. completion $290/$280.
- jwstich: @bRobert $QQQ looking for at least a failed bounce to just above VWAP on 2min chart, Will evaluate the to add to puts. What do you think?
- bRobert: $NVDA. WEEKLY. view. I posted. a. 200W target. before it was fashionable to be bearish on the space. 66%. retrace. at. $120.target from. $350. high. (posted. SELL at. blow off top. target high). H&S. top. quickly formed. with trigger <. 20W A larger. WEEKLY H&S. top was constructed. later Trigger. <. 50W. Very. polite. This General was a TELL for the space $QQQ. dip. <. 20WEEK. was a big omen of what was to come Failed. throwback to. 20/50W. ceiling. in March was. a life. boat. from the Titanic ETF. getting ready to sink The. WEEKLY. chart is a telescope. but you have to look Follow the. Whales. into or exiting. stocks/ETFs. on the. WEEKLY chart
- bRobert: @jwstich $QQQ I am. just staying. short. via $SQQQ. nh. WEEKLY. breakout. $70+
- jwstich: @bRobert $QQQ $SQQQ thanks for your reply. Hane not bought $SQQQ before but will give it a look. Have been doing well with puts.
- bRobert: @jwstich $QQQ $SQQQ Premium on options. is. higher with high. volatility. Spreads. reduce the premium. by. SELLING. a leg
- bRobert: @agiaccag $QQQ Just. eyeballing. the. WEEKLY. chart. Bear flag. trigger. $40. move. (320. - $360. width). below. $320. =. $280. $260 potential. 200w. with follow through. Daily. M. top. $270.or. below
- champ: $QQQ at $299.82 but dancing....this ETF is more or less in charge of the Markets...needs to hold at around that $300 $$ price level...NP.
- joelsg1: $AMGN Blasted through that 50d with now a small pb. Posted earlier about next Mon. ex-divi, but has moved essentially inverse to the $QQQ since Qs latest steady decline, except for the IRS news hit job which tanked the stock, and now moving back perhaps to the pre-hit level +$13. Problem is if the Qs rally, inverse move may continue, even though $AMGN is 1% of Qs.
- scottrades: Would like to see a close near the lows and then a gap-down flush tomorrow. $SPY $QQQ
- bRobert: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ Would you like fries and a beer with your order
- scottrades: @bRobert $SPY $QQQ Salad, please I'm dieting.
- joelsg1: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ Your noted rotation to hard liquor.
- scottrades: @joelsg1 $SPY $QQQ LOL!
- Pokersmith: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ "Would like to see a close near the lows and then a gap-down flush tomorrow. $SPY $QQQ" Wouldn't THAT be something. Been a while. Will the algos allow it ?....THAT'S the question
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Cash isn’t Trash. $QQQ Given up all of the gains from 2021 $DIA Not much better $GLD Above the 200 Day $TLT Down at 2018 Levels $UUP The Wrecking Ball $XLE At the 50 Day $XOP Under the 50 Day $XLU Close to the 50 Day $DBC A slow mover, but still got hit. $SMH Lower Low $QID Higher High. $SDS New high $GBTC Yikes. $AAPL Broke the longer term trend $AMZN I gotta think 2000 is in play. $GOOGL 3 Levels to watch $MSFT Coming out of the hose $TWTR Short Seller believes this deal could be priced lower. $UPST Watch for a bounce tomorrow. $TSN Above the 50 Day.
- bRobert: @Imortalz1 No expansion of new lows is the only positive No lower low yet for $SPY $QQQ $SMH (bear flag ) $ITB still > 20d on Break out pullback retest
- Imortalz1: @bRobert $SPY $QQQ $SMH $ITB I think that's only because of the Wed. Rally. We are neither up or down on the week but there is nothing in the cards that a rally is imminent and to reverse trend just for a Bear rally we are talking about about a QQQ breaking over 330 only to bang it's head on 340/350...that's a lot of over head supply.
- bRobert: @Imortalz1 The $FXI got cut in 1/2 We are far from that .. 200w is the H&S target in play 18% lower for $SPY $340 50% correction is $240 $QQQ 200w 18% lower as well
- bRobert: @Imortalz1 $SPY $QQQ $SMH $ITB All weekly H&S tops with throwbacks to necklines Big generals eg $NVDA throwing in the towel $IYT H&S top Break will cut into energy Recession thoughts will cut into energy trade .....decreased demand
- scottrades: $QQQ Breaking yesterdays low already
- scottrades: @scottrades $QQQ And there goes $SPY
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Needs to calm down. Respect the lows. $QQQ Lower Low $DIA Under the Major MAs $GLD Choppy $UUP Wrecking Ball $XLE Still where you want to be $XOP Trend is fine $OIH At the 50 day $DBC A slow mover, but working. $GBTC Know your time frame $AAPL Holding the Longer term trend $MSFT Needs a base $TSLA Nothing Good happens under the 200 Day $USO Watch above the line! $XOM Working great $APA Dan Added this to the ATL $OXY Working $PSX High Base $DVN Working $AR Might be starting some consolidation $BPT Support at the 50 Day $GLNG Above the MAs $KMI From the forum $CEIX Coal still Black Gold.
scottrades: Happy Cinco de Mayo Team! A slight lower open on $SPY and $QQQ this morning. Meanwhile I see the $XLE and $XOP Stocks creeping up as we get closer to the bell.
We had a nice squeeze yesterday and as I mentioned in the email we sent out, we want to ...
- wpsimril: $QQQ June 10 305/314 BPS for low risk collection of premium
- bRobert: $QQQ WEEKLY bear flag trigger Lower low saw a throwback yesterday Failing = resumption 200W potential I have posted about MANY stocks with 200W bearish potential targets
- scottrades: @bRobert $QQQ We're seeing a classic Rotation from Tech Stocks to Hard Liquor.
- bRobert: @scottrades $QQQ Imagine the stock market crash in 1929 in the midst of prohibition NO LEGAL BOOZE Repealed in 1933
- SamWB: @scottrades $QQQ Scott, with your permission I'd like to save and use this quote.
- scottrades: @SamWB $QQQ haha sure
- sierramp: @scottrades $QQQ Perfect analysis.
- champ: @scottrades $QQQ ...for me....$IBM is my only tech position
- gphelps: @scottrades $QQQ And to your point, $STZ holding up relatively well!
- SkyPilot: @scottrades $QQQ In the "spirit" of this post I offer this.... The market is bad. How bad is it? It's so bad even the shorts are losing money.
- Cheezit: @shoredriver Makes you want to throw everything in $QQQ and $SPY, walk away and check it once a year.
- shoredriver: @Cheezit $QQQ $SPY ....sell options against it.......
- joelsg1: $QQQ Hey @Scottrades, that rotation from big tech (and everything else) to hard liquor accelerating. On this Cinco de Mayo, tequila, Cheers!
- scottrades: @SkyPilot $QQQ LOL!
- bRobert: $SPY. Bear. flag. to $420. failure. $QQQ. $320. Get above those levels and good things can happen. The market will embrace the move
- ScottL: $QQQ - cleared $320 on volume. FWIW
- bRobert: @ScottL $QQQ That was my posted. line to cross for. bullish trades to set up Of course it needs to be a floor $SPY. $420 same
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY The J Pow Pump $QQQ Bounce is on $DIA Watch the 50 Day $UUP The wrecking stops swinging, for now. $DBC Strong Trend. Look at the Volume. $GLD Still all over the place $XOP Pullback bounce $XLE At the highs $SMH Whippy but good volume $XLB In a year long base. Above all the MAs $XLP Above the 50 Day $GBTC Short term False breakdown $AAPL Swinging This $TSLA Above the 50 Day $MSFT potential Double Bottom $FB Everyone hates it. $PYPL Potential short term reversal base $XOM Near the highs $CVX Above he MAs $CVE Working $PSX Boom! $VLO Working $SU Working, look for dips. $DVN 52 Week High $OXY Good volume. Close to resistance $CEIX Coal is still working $CF Above the MAs $LAC Lithium - Earnings tomorrow. $ADP Channel $ON Above the 50 Day
- bRobert: Overhead resistance on WEEKLY chart $SPY $420 $QQQ $320 Get above those ceilings and a decent rally is possible to 20/50w ceilings If not.............significant potential for a closer glimpse of the 200w Watch and react Put/call ratios are at an extreme high Sentiment is overly BEARISH The set up is there for a decent COUNTER TREND bounce.
- scottrades: Profits are coming and going quick in this tape. Want to try and stay involved but don't forget to take some off into strength. $QQQ $SPY
- woodman: @scottrades $QQQ $SPY - And of course the FOMC tomorrow....
- bRobert: @woodman $QQQ $SPY May you live in interesting times
- scottrades: @woodman $QQQ $SPY Indeed!
- bRobert: $QQQ $320+ $SPY $420 speed bumps tested Pullbacks A nice rally has potential when they are cleared and hold You are going to have to wait a day
- Jazman0013: @scottrades $QQQ $SPY you can’t take them fast enough. Whiplash zone
- woodman: @Jazman0013 $QQQ $SPY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjYP0n1k7YU
- Chaficp: @Jazman0013 $QQQ $SPY Bipolar market today!
- stairm01: $AMZN $FNGU $NVDA $LABU $QQQ I started small positions in all of these early this morning. AMZN was down 105 at the time. I feel it's time to put a little money to work and can add on confirmation.
- woodman: $QQQ struggling.... See $SQQQ
- bRobert: @woodman $QQQ $SQQQ WEEKLY. reversal. base. ABOVE. the. 50W. ceiling. $70. to start Higher. potential
- scottrades: Buying some $QQQ into the close.
- scottrades: @scottrades $QQQ Going small. But noting the strength in the leaders.
- agiaccag: @scottrades Looks like we may be closing the $QQQ below the 20 sma on the MONTLY chart. That has not happened in a long time. Dec 2018. Could flip next month but odds are we have more to go down . IMHO.
- traderbren: $QQQ - don't like to looks of the QQQ's. Entered the May 330 Put this morning.
- bRobert: @traderbren $QQQ 200W potential target for several members Why not the entire QQQ
- marklesparkle: @traderbren $QQQ Great call @traderbren
- BocaRick: $QQQ down 3.86%, Wednesday was down 3.95%
- bRobert: @BocaRick $QQQ Do you see a trend? WEEKLY H&S top is in motion 200W potential
- bRobert: $HRI WEEKLY Picture speaks 100 words BREAKDOWN from a squeeze could test 200w Daily H&S top has had a $110 target since trigger < $140 Look at the WEEKLY charts of stocks indexes The telescope works for good and bad news $QQQ $SPY $SMH NO BUENO BREAKDOWNS Many others $XLF H&S top BREAKDOWN $XLI breaking $XRT long term breakdown All here know I am a avid fan of WEEKLY monthly charts for perspective long and shorts The weekly chart removes the noise and gives you clarity
- BocaRick: @bRobert $QQQ $SPY February low 410. $QQQ March low 317
- bRobert: @BocaRick $QQQ $SPY Daily H&S top $435 - $460 top $410 target Failed bounce looking to complete the journey
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY End of Month Selloff $QQQ Lower Low $DIA Trend is down. $IWM No. $GLD / $GDX Under 3 Key MAs $UUP Still in an uptrend. $SMH Trend is down. $XLF Lower Low $XLV Unable to hold the 200 Day for now. $XLU Not holding the BO Zone $XME Rejected at the 50 Day $XLE Ok looking chart (outside Inverse ETFs) $XOP Better looking Chart (outside the Inverse ETFs) $IGV In a down trend. $TAN Blah. $XBI Yikes. $ARKK My goodness… $SDS Working $QID Working.
- bRobert: $SPY $QQQ Weak bounces after poundings Both bear flags H&S tops await a trigger $SPY $410 target from smaller H&S top above 435 - 460 so a $25 move < $435 WEEKLY view shows the potential drops to the 200W
- stairm01: $QQQ Bought a small amount at $320 this morning with a stop under yesterdays low. This is at a double bottom, if it holds. There's that big word.....IF.
- jpoko13: @stairm01 $QQQ Conversely, it looks like $SQQQ is forming a handle on a C&H :o
- scottrades: Watch the underside of the 8EMA for some potential short term resistance on $SPY / $SSO or $QQQ / $QLD
- Cjauger: @scottrades $SPY $SSO $QQQ $QLD I started a small $SSO position, what are you looking for to start a position? a strong close?
- scottrades: @Cjauger $SPY $SSO $QQQ $QLD Yea, I 'm more keen to start something near the end of the day since we've had so many fades into the close. Still would want to be small because the trend is down.
- bRobert: $SPY $QQQ bounces where expected WEEKLY double bottoms Positive RSI and Bollinger divergences on both TRADES hoping for a repeat of the mid March rally to the 200d ceiling for $QQQ Both bottom of range bounces hoping for top of range tests
- maracom: @wanda1616 #GDP today is just a big $QQQ short squeeze, every tech name testing the underside of the 8d, makes the moves look big because they were so oversold but there's no real strength here
- wanda1616: @maracom $QQQ #GDP yes if they cant even breech the 8 day .....
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Can we hold the 4X Bottom? $QQQ Trend is still down $GLD Green today $UUP Should come back in the bands $DBC Holding above all the MAs $XOP Holding the 50 Day $XLU Above the 50 Day $XLV at the 200 Day $XLP Above all the MAs $XLB Holding the 200 Day (FCX, NEM, CF) $XME Under the 50 Day $GBTC Higher Lows, Flat top $AAPL Whippy on Earnings $AMZN Same $TSLA Still under the 200 Day $NVDA Needs a base $TWTR Holding the 8EMA $PYPL Holding the Pandemic Low $AR Great volume $OXY Holding the 50 Day $MRO Looks the same $SU Breakout on volume $CVE Same $VLO Holding the Flag Break $PBF Back to the highs $DK Same $BSM Earnings Next week. $CNX Watch 21.70 $ARCH Watch 176 $CEIX Holding the 8EMA $COST Holding the 50 Day $WMT Holding the 21 EMA
- debeers: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GLD $GDX $DBC $FFTY $XLU $QID $SDS $TSLA $AAPL $MSFT $GOOGL $NVDA $TWTR $COST $SMPL $PM $BSM $OVV $VLO -So nice to have you back! IMO being as the market is in correction, most of the non ag or energy sectors will be below the 200 day, dontcha think?
- bRobert: @Pokersmith this is the first year that I have earnestly geared up to short Select shorts last year $SAM with continuation Why not before? Strong Multi year uptrend in $QQQ $SPY
- bRobert: $QQQ $SPY WEEKLY double bounce expected Looking for failure to develop after more bulls sucked in Lower potential targets for both
- scottrades: $QQQ Breaking yesterdays low.
- woodman: @scottrades $QQQ - 317 and change is the low YTD (and, fwiw, around the 38.2 fib retrace of March 2020 low). It'll get real "interesting" there. And welcome back!
- bRobert: @scottrades $QQQ Retest of THE low coming 200W test if broken after failed bounces $NVDA $125 target All the Generals may come a lot closer to the 200W Short many
- Mikev200: @scottrades $QQQ Welcome back! You missed NOTHING.. :) Did you do the road to Hana?
- woodman: @bRobert $QQQ $NVDA - I'm in $SOXS....
- bRobert: @woodman $QQQ $NVDA $SOXS Yup Going with the trend Mostly short or Long short ETFs
- success: @bRobert $QQQ $NVDA $SOXS . . $SOXL more downside
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY An 88% Down Day $QQQ Fresh Lows $GLD Under the 50 Day $GDX Same $DBC Still in an uptrend $FFTY Growth making new lows $XLU No safe haven.. $QID / $SDS Short the Indexes $TSLA Nothing good happens under the 200 Day $AAPL Lower Low $MSFT Whippy on Earnings $GOOGL New Lows $NVDA New Low $TWTR Down despite the deal. $COST at the 50 Day $SMPL Above the 21 EMA $PM Above the 8EMA $BSM Great volume today $OVV Off the 50 Day $VLO Flag
- bRobert: $SPY day 3 seeing a bounce Expecting failure towards $435 and completion H&S top $405 area $QQQ and $SPY have 200W POTENTIAL with lower lows NOT straight down if triggered
- bRobert: $SPY H&S top daily $415/410 potential with trigger Under 20/50/200d ceiling Down curling 20/50d Down curling moving average ceilings are harder to crack. $QQQ $310 H&S top Same deal Expect and watch for failed bounces
- kbrowe: @bRobert $SPY $QQQ lots of failed bounces going on lately on both growth and value, trying not to get sucked in and hold onto cash. Bottom fishing or dumpster diving is not working as prices keep going down. Even breakouts are short lived. This will change at some point, though no one can predict when.
- bRobert: @kbrowe $SPY $QQQ I generally resist bottom fishing I have fully embraced short trading this year and am able to trade with the prevailing trend Flip some charts upside down There is a lot to get excited about
- CSD: @bRobert $SPY $QQQ @bRobert, I love your posts, but I need to start setting up a bRobert acronym list to understand the stock setups accurately unless somebody created a list here and is willing to share. I have not been here that long, but I appreciate the time and patience on your part to post the stock setups and possible trades. I am an options trader first and stock trader second and I would use your setups for possible option trades.
- bRobert: @DAN $GOOGL 200W moving average targets for many generals $SMH $NVDA $1800 in the conversation for GOOGL $QQQ 200W target IF $315 recent low is broken Expecting a bounce on first kiss $NVDA poor price action was a big TELL for me
- DAN: @bRobert $GOOGL $SMH $NVDA From the looks of the chart, I wouldn't disagree with you on $GOOGL. $QQQ -- I get that. $NVDA -- FANG is now FUNK. I can see this stock falling to $150 without too much trouble. The less you lose now, the easier it is to hit new highs when things get better -- as they always do.
- bRobert: @DAN $GOOGL $SMH $NVDA $QQQ I attended one of your earliest trading seminars in Chicago many years ago Don't lose your doe was heavily preached Rules 1,2 and 3 of trading
The investment seeks investment results that generally correspond to the price and yield performance of the index. To maintain the correspondence between the composition and weights of the securities in the trust (the "securities") and the stocks in the Nasdaq-100 Index?, the adviser adjusts the securities from time to time to conform to periodic changes in the identity and/or relative weights of index securities. The composition and weighting of the securities portion of a portfolio deposit are also adjusted to conform to changes in the index.Request Video of QQQ
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 88,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (88,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!