Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX)
Old Forum Content for NFLXMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- traderbren: $NFLX - getting closer to closing the downside gap at 250.37
- traderbren: $NFLX - on the way to close the downside gap
- maracom: $NFLX 305/310 BeCS worked out but I've been biting my nails all day, $NFLX has been surprisingly resilient at these levels. Picked up a touch more $DVN at the test of 8 day, otherwise still pretty overweight in cash
- cmaxwel1: @CrazyTrain $NFLX (I added 5 shares this week to long term account). Wait for more of a pattern before I load up the truck. But, I like the future of this ATM
- woodman: $NFLX another new daily high as it continues to gap-fill. Gap is to ~331-333.
- CrazyTrain: @woodman $NFLX in at $301 bought earlier in trading day. Showing some power to the upside and crossed the 200 day with some proper momentum
- woodman: @CrazyTrain $NFLX - Similarly, this morning I added to what I bought yesterday. *Hoping* for a magnetized 331-333 level.
- CrazyTrain: @cmaxwel1 $NFLX whats you cost base was that a big add?
- maracom: $NFLX planning to open a 10/28 $305/312.5 bear call spread going into the close. $1 credit for $2 risk, $QQQ is showing weakness and $NFLX has closed at or above the bollinger bands for 6 days in a row with declining volume. I think we're due for a pullback towards the 8EMA/200SMA, although if we break above 305 tomorrow I''ll close it out and look for a test of the $330 level
- marklesparkle: @debeers $NFLX LOL Mr. Cranky Pants
- debeers: $NFLX-Here's a didja know- Here's something that the National Association of Theater Owners doesn't want to tell you: Ticket prices have increased at least 20 percent since 2019, for an average price of $11. You got a couple of kids or budget is tight and for next to nothing you got as much NFLX as you can watch. You are a teenager and its your treat AFTER HOMEWORK, you are a caretaker and Mr. Cranky Pants is finally in bed. $NFLX is your refuge.LONG because it is not about being home bound or office bound--it is about being affordable to the majority of Americans who are NOT going to Disneyland. Pivotal upgrades from sell to buy with a price target of 375.
- debeers: @marklesparkle $NFLX -i was thinking of Danny on a bad day when everything he has hurts.
- mharps: @debeers $NFLX But kids are coming back to theatres-witness Black Adam or the various horror films. I have been in the biz for over 50 years and still involved with a few ventures. The big growth in NFLX is behind it: https://www.statista.com/chart/21465/global-paid-net-subscriber-additions-by-netflix/ to get to 375 seems doable but lots of headwinds.
- woodman: @mharps $NFLX - Would love to hear more about what you do. Sounds very interesting and even fun. As for $NFLX price, I'm taking it one step at at time. I'm looking for 200dSMA support now and a continued gap-fill to 331-333. If it gets there, then I'll assess what's next.
- jonwest88: @debeers $NFLX is OK but HBOMAX kicks their butt all over town! Got a deal for $110 for the year, it is normally $150 per year. Great library for adults and kids. For young folks Disney+ $DIS is the way to go, action Marvel movies for the teens throu ...
- bla00109: $ENPH $ENPH is up almost 10% today on favorable earnings. I'll sell some of this volatility. Will try another "Dan-style" bull put spread similar to his successful $NFLX vertical put spread that he did. Sell 18Nov $250 call @ $4.95 Buy 18Nov $235 call @ $2.81 Net credit $2.14 Breakeven price for NFLX 247 Any thoughts?
- CrazyTrain: @scottrades $NFLX would you nibble here?
- scottrades: @CrazyTrain $NFLX Not really my setup here.
- geothrills: @CrazyTrain $NFLX Kinda being held down by its 200 day at the moment, also very extended above the 50, 20 and 8 day EMA. The earnings breakout had some nice follow through, but volume is reverting and I would expect a bit of a rest.
- woodman: @CrazyTrain $NFLX - I'm a little surprised that the 200d didn't serve as resistance, at least thus far. It has continued to move up through the 200d, is holding above it, and continues to fill the gap which goes up to about 331-333. It's extended, obviously, but I did buy some earlier today with the notion that the 200d may serve as support now. I could easily be wrong about that, but I'll see what happens.
- geothrills: @woodman $NFLX 200 day SMA maybe, which will match up with the 8 day EMA tomorrow, just above $270, but it's closing today smack on the 200 day EMA after attempting to push higher early in the session..
- woodman: @geothrills $NFLX - I don't use 200dEMA, I use 200dSMA. and my chart shows 275.62 for the 200dSMA, and current price 291.56. For what it's worth, over time I settled on using EMA for shorter durations MAs (5, 8, 13, 21 and 34) and SMA for longer durations (50 and 200). It was based on research I did some time ago. Still valid, I guess, see, e.g., https://www.nadex.com/blog/which-moving-average-is-better-for-trading-sma-vs-ema/ But everyone has his or her own preference for that.
We have had a few earnings reports this week, with $NFLX surprising to the upside, $IBM having a positive reaction (bounced right to the 100 day EMA do not go long here), and some oil stocks reporting some good numbers as well. Earnings season ki ...
- vitoB: $NFLX beast mode. above that 200, but its closer to 278 not 282 anymore.
- traderbren: @vitoB $NFLX - yep, keep in mind that the 200d is sloping down so it has now reclaimed the 200d....for what its worth.
- traderdl: $NFLX 300c sweeps 10.28
- Bert953: $NFLX trying to breakout here.
- woodman: @Bert953 $NFLX - I'd think the 200d (~280) to be significant resistance. That's at least how I'd look at it until shown otherwise.
- maracom: @Bert953 $NFLX I've got a bear call spread on $NFLX
- maracom: Going into the close I'm net short. Have an $AAPL put, a $NFLX bear call spread, some $SQQQ, and I've sold calls on my long term energy holds.
- DAN: Consider shorting $NFLX with a buy-stop at 282. I've seen this before with NFLX. It's fun.
- DAN: @DAN $NFLX Still waiting on the turn. So far, buyers are in charge. Stock is above the VWAP.
- Bert953: $NFLX sto Oct 28 280/285C@1.43
- Pgru: @DAN $NFLX Did you short it, Dan?
COTD: $NFLX -- 200-day MA ceiling is still in effect.
$SPY -- This time is not different. It always seems like it is, or at least might be, but it’s really not. Bear markets are full of failed breakout/followthru combos. And even the one ...
- scottrades: $NFLX wild action after the close here
- lil_nicky: @scottrades $NFLX you think $NFLX is enough to move market tomorrow?
- scottrades: @lil_nicky $NFLX Let's see how the Futures act..
- vcondry: @scottrades $NFLX they crushed it! (side note I bought a $250 call for friday on the pullback...fingers crossed i'll be "fill the gas tank all the way up rich" by tomorrow morning) https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/18/netflix-nflx-earnings-q3-2022.html
- bigbartabs: @lil_nicky $NFLX ... I hope so... since the after market is pushing up. If its NFLX, I'll take it :)
- Boone.ruth: @scottrades $NFLX Oh happy day!!!
- Boone.ruth: @scottrades $NFLX Taking it off the table. I’ll happily take the gain and run in this market
- DAN: @Boone.ruth $NFLX Good decision.
COTD: Here’s your trade on Netflix ($NFLX)
$SPY -- Typical W pattern. This is a bull trap until proven otherwise. So far, no proof. Just more of the same.
$DIA -- W to top BBand. Relative strength is good…but it’s still a W pa ...
- vcondry: @Boone.ruth $NFLX If i had shares and not the call I would definitely be selling them or at least half. Anything can change sentiment between now and market open for sure!
- Geewhiz: @scottrades $NFLX Let's see how 10:30 reacts! ;-)
- Geewhiz: @scottrades $NFLX Expected move was around $30
- Boone.ruth: @DAN $NFLX I’m learning!
- kbrowe: @champ $AMZN pin action from $NFLX maybe?
- issues: $NFLX goes up AH anyway! Go figure! Netflix Guides Below Estimates Tuesday, October 18, 2022 4:00:00 PM ET Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) said it expects fourth-quarter earnings of approximately $0.36 per share on revenue of approximately $7.776 billion. The current consensus earnings estimate is $1.12 per share on revenue of $8.00 billion for the quarter ending December 31, 2022. $ADBE Adobe Sees 2023 Below Estimates Tuesday, October 18, 2022 4:05:00 PM ET Adobe Inc. (ADBE) said it expects fiscal 2023 non-GAAP earnings of $15.15 to $15.45 per share on revenue of $19.10 billion to $19.30 billion. The current consensus earnings estimate is $15.60 per share on revenue of $19.84 billion for the year ending November 30, 2023.
- vitoB: Out of $NFLX from fri
- traderbren: $NFLX - getting close to gap fill mode. Remember earning after the close tomorrow.
- BocaRick: @champ $NFLX up 18 also HOD, earnings tomorrow
- champ: @BocaRick $NFLX ....Yes and I posted that I'm holding a small swing position and I might swing, because they will be reporting tomorrow #after.
- woodman: @traderbren $NFLX - Interesting timing for publishing this article with earnings tomorrow. The did so at 2:50pm, right at high of the day and ~$250 resistance. Price dipped immediately. I have a word for that, but it's not postable here. https://www.wsj.com/articles/netflix-seeks-ways-to-get-subscribers-to-return-after-visits-decline-11666032658?mod=latest_headlines
- traderbren: @woodman $NFLX - yep, I think you & I share the same "word". It's interesting to note how often this happen on Bloomberg too without a supporting "source" for the news/data. Imagine for a moment that you had the ear of a reporter at WSJ, Bloomberg, etc and where able to drop a "rumor" to support your position - whether long or short - and enjoy the benefit of the move. It happens all the time.
- scottrades: Reminder about some #Earnings for the week: $TSLA $BAC $NFLX $SCHW $GS $JNJ $BK $T $UAL $VZ $LMT $SNAP $AAL $GNTY $SI $NOK $NUE $ASML $PG $IBM $HAS $AXP $ALLY $ACI $ABT $ISRG $BKR $BX $LRCX $FCX $NDAQ $AA $SLB $DOW $MRTN $STT $SBNY $JBHT $PLD $TRV $MNSB $ERIC $PM $ALK
- issues: @vitoB $NFLX thanks I sold half
- vitoB: $NFLX percolating.
- champ: @vitoB $NFLX ...at $235.....Yes sir....nice turn off of LOD....
- vitoB: $NFLX. Not rolling over. I’m in from 213 lookin for 218
- vitoB: @vitoB $NFLX ugh too greedy should have pulled the rip at 216
- vitoB: @vitoB $NFLX wow got bailed out. Done here
- veghead: $NFLX volume spike
- vcondry: @veghead $NFLX announced 6.99 ad supported tier
- vitoB: @vcondry $NFLX anyone worried about canabalization $4 for ads. I’d wager that’s for sure profitable and not a trade off I’d make as a regular subscriber
- vcondry: @vitoB $NFLX same I'll stick to full price to keep from being "HULU'd"
- jonwest88: $NFLX rallies on release of $6.99 crappy tier. Its only 720p, as is their non ad $10 plan. 720 P? Really? With 4k 55 - 65 inch TV's as the norm what is 720p about?
- jonwest88: @vcondry $NFLX w/30 sec ads, and 4 - 5 min per hour? I wonder if one can pause to go to the can or the kitchen? I have HULU still @.99 a month from last Thanksgiving. I will not renew as I cannot stand all of the ads. I can watch Pluto or Tubi if I want ads. A month ago I bought a year of HBOMax for $110 which I thought was a good deal at $150 for the year.
- vcondry: @jonwest88 $NFLX same I think its rally has more to do with the overall market...probably a short in here somewhere but I lost my @$$ not taking my profits early so I'm gun shy to make any moves at the moment.
- 1993dean: $NFLX moving above moving averages Scott any thoughts
- champ: $NFLX...@ $234....HOD and I'm going to swing a small position.
While I was looking for this week to be bullish before the numbers came out on Friday, I remained long term bearish. Friday's numbers changed my short term outlook and I took a few bearish trades on Friday. My favorite way to trade the bear side i ...
- bigbartabs: @Rockstar $SPX $MSFT $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $SPY $LQD $DXY $HYG $VIX ... Morning Rocky... $SPY... why $340? The 10/26/20 week open price as support? I can't believe I'm asking about a 2 year old level... but that might be in play.
- traderdl: $NFLX strong today - took a "cheat" entry - 10/18 earnings
COTD: Here’s your trade on Netflix ($NFLX). Alert $250
$SPY -- While impressive, the two day advance doesn’t change much. Decent action today…but we need upward momentum, not treading water.
Active Trade List:
$TBT - 30.40 b ...
- traderbren: $NFLX - nice morning bounce off the 50d & 20d. Now back above the 8ema. I have an alert at 246.46 and another at 248...when we might see it start eating into the gap above 248.70
- woodman: @traderbren $NFLX - Yeah, I've kept an eye on this with alerts set. Big potential if it can get in to the space above 252 where the gap starts in earnest at this point. Earnings 10/18 amc.
- scottrades: My video notes: COTD: Here’s the DL on $DV $SPY Lower Low $QQQ Lower Low $UUP Lower please $TNX Still in trend $VIX Still in trend $XLE Watch 73 $GLD Holding up $GDX Good Weekly volume $TAN Back to the 200 Day $SDS Still in trend $QID Still in trend $GBTC Uhh guys, Bitcoin is actually doing ok!? $AAPL Nope. $NFLX Maybe. $TWTR Possible news trade. $ANET Watch 117.60 $CCRN Near the highs $DKS Watch 117.70 $ENPH Watch 294.50 $FSLR Holding the 21 EMA $PCTY Slope $DVN Potential Gap Fill $KGC Low Dollar Gold Stock $GOLD Watching $WPM Watching $FNV Watching
- vitoB: $NFLX bouncing of the 21 and 50 double decker sandwich. Np
- woodman: $NFLX - Keep an eye on this. Since completing a cup on the daily formed from 4/20 to 8/12 , it's been consolidating in a long handle. The 50d is support. A breakout above 252 would be a more earnest move into a very big gap created by a large drop on 4/20 (technically the gap started above 248.70).
- woodman: $NFLX - "cup" really isn't the right description of this basing/consolidation I'm discussing. The main point is that it's on the verge of something that could lead to some gap filling with 50d support making it more palatable to be in. Np position currently.
- Margi1983: @woodman $NFLX Thanks @woodman. They still show good 5 year sales and earnings growth. yes they have competition, but the subscription streamers will eat Comcast, Verizon, and Time Warner sooner than later
- woodman: @Margi1983 $NFLX - I'm currently watching a few shows on Netflix, so the service is working for me. :-)
- traderbren: $NFLX - some interest in $NFLX this morning...trying to move into the gap fill zone above 248....let's see
- wineinquirer: @traderbren $NFLX Will be watching how it responds to today's downward pressure on indices and Fedspeak tomorrow. May offer less risk Thurs am. Been on one of my watchlists for the last couple of months...........forgot about it until my alert fired this am. Thx for the post, as well.
- woodman: $NFLX - knocking on the door of the large gap created by its big drop on 4/20.
- Auto: $NFLX nice bottom of the lake squeeze above 50 daily added long
- Auto: $NFLX adding again long
- vitoB: @Auto $NFLX nice call
- traderbren: $NFLX - had some luck trading $NFLX once it got above the VWAP
- traderdl: @traderbren $NFLX - same here - room to run
- Auto: $CHPT $STEM $TSLA $NFLX $ADBE $HTZ added long from below
- marklesparkle: @champ $FAS $SPY $DVN $STLD $NFLX $PLCA $CHPT #trying #Stock-pickers #Computerized-trading #over-all #back-in #Back-in-moves #Timings Thanks Champ well said man
$STLD...issued nice guidance.......on $NFLX...nice upgrade....
$PLCE...had nice News......
Sector News....$FAS.... interest rates are rising and Banks make higher profits, more $$$$, when interest rates are rising.
$CHPT, this still remains my be ...
- Auto: $TSLA $STEM $SBUX $NFLX $RIDE $HTZ added and long
- Motorman: Watching $NFLX, nice move after downgrade few days ago. bumping 20 day from below. Could fall to 50d or crack 20day and back into gap from April.
- Auto: $NFLX added
- traderbren: $NFLX - gapped up, but if it continues to catch a bid, it will start to enter the gap fill mode above 248.70
- vitoB: @traderbren $NFLX light volume. Im skeptical. But also a sold out bull so biased
Netflix Inc operates as an Internet television network providing TV shows & movies which include original series, documentaries & feature films. The Company has three segments namely Domestic streaming, International streaming & Domestic DVD.Request Video of NFLX
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $5.76 43.45%
- $71.29 39.41%
- $9.70 38.05%
- $20.57 3.11%
- $145.19 3.21%
- $6.50 3.28%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 90,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (90,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!