Dollar Tree Inc. (NASDAQ:DLTR)
Old Forum Content for DLTRMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $HD losing steam. H&S. top. $280/$260 potential A. move. above. the. 50d ceilings. changes things up $340. target. so. Cover. stops. $NAIL. GREEN. to. RED. $22. potential. with move. below $35. Housing ....no bueno $COST. In this environment generals are being. clobbered. Is. your choice in the space . better? I posted that I am bearish retail and expected the best of breed. to come in ALL have. $DG. $TGT. $WMT. $DLTR. I am. SHORT. $M. from above. $22. to. $10. targets. can end up being . a huge. trade
- wanda1616: @natural $COST many leaders failing now $ORLY $AZO (on back of orly earnings) $COST even $DG and $DLTR
- steve71: $STZ Adding to my long position at the close. As a booze purveryor Consellation is said to have pricing power. Nice in an inflationary environment. And as the market goes down STZ sales will probably go up! $DLTR Adding.
- bRobert: $XRT. Daily move. >. 20/50d. $82+. target. 1 $92 . potential IF. >. $82.5. neckline . Reversal base 200d. speed. bump on route Generals $COST. $WMT $DG $DLTR. $TGT. $260 target 1 $300 . WEEKLY breakout potential $DDS on the move. $400 . potential Shorts
- wanda1616: $DLTR $DG new highs all around.
- bRobert: $DDS 20d. bounce. TRADE. 4% move to top of range. =. profits zone and or raised stops $TGT. Reversal base. $245/$285. with move. >. 200d $COST.General. bounce Caution with recent spike high $470 long term $WMT. WEEKLY flag. $165/$170 $DG. $260/$280. EXTENDED Cup base. breakout $DLTR. $200. Easy cruising $LULU. Break above. 200d. Reversal trigger CRYSTAL CLEAR SET UP $450. $600 potential long term Speed. bump. just above. at $400 Pb bounces
- wanda1616: $DLTR taking off/ new high
- bRobert: $XRT H&S top daily $68 Under the 20/50d ceilings WEEKLY 200W potential SELECT retailers have been doing well eg $COST $WMT $DG $DLTR .....$TGT $260+ potential with move > 200d ceiling Short $CROX 200W target $RH $250 potential
- wanda1616: $DLTR on the move. was in there the other day...PACKED never seen it like that. absolutely packed.
- wanda1616: @wanda1616 $DLTR long a good chunk
- wanda1616: @wanda1616 $DLTR breakout
- Babutters: @wanda1616 $DLTR argh. Great entry off the 20d with good volume. Will wait for a retest to enter. Great chart.
- bRobert: @wanda1616 $DLTR $DLTR $DG $COST $WMT $TGT coming up the rear Now > 20/50w Reversal base Old high with move above ceiling $260 target 1 /$300+ weekly breakout potential $LULU $375 with flag trigger > 200d
- wanda1616: @Babutters $DLTR remember they are getting an automatic +25% revenue...everything is 1.25 now. would think that would offset higher expenses plus a LOT of people will be shopping there now. new stores are clean and nice.
It’s pretty slim pickins out there but Consumer Staples stocks like $COST are working well and $DLTR is still in an uptrend. $TGT has a slight flag but it’s still under the 200 Day.
Let’s be safe out there and look for clear sign ...
- bRobert: $LULU watching for. move. >. 200d. Np. Reversal base potential $WMT. nh. EXTENDED $175. potential. longer. Not straight up $COST. WEEKLY breakout. nh. $670. weekly target posted. a while ago 5 star General $DG. nh. $300 potential after a rest $DLTR. Daily high base. Extended. shallow cup $200
- bRobert: @Cjauger #TGT Speed. bump territory but. setting up well for a breakout move > 200d. and. $265. potential Reversal base. np $WMT. $COST. $DG $DLTR. on the attack
- Cjauger: @bRobert $WMT $COST $DG $DLTR #TGT yes, cant add to $COST here, initiated $TGT POSITION
- bRobert: @Cjauger $WMT $COST $DG $DLTR $TGT #TGT You will be. able to build in scales Pb. bounces. above the 200d
- bRobert: $XRT $M $DDS $BOOT $CROX WEEKLY shows the trouble in retail and breakdown POTENTIAL Exceptions..... $LULU Great earnings pop Under 200d ceiling Could come in and retest the breakout with a small H&S top here Get above the 200d and all is good $COST general zig zag higher $600/$670 potential Strong weekly base $WMT pop to nh WEEKLY base breakout $175 Pullbacks $DG Cup base $270 potential $DLTR WEEKLY base $175/$200 potential;
- bRobert: @Cjauger $COST $570. Weekly w in motion. target. potential. / $660. with weekly breakout General in retail $DLTR. High base. $165 potential
- bRobert: $CAR look for a puillback retest $COST general still trading water at W If this fails, you should stay away from the rest $DLTR high base holding up I am bearish most of retail for a while Look at the $XRT $RTH WEEKLY H&S tops $WING 50w target close by $ARKK $40 /$35 potential posts on this shoe drop repeat $SIVB Posted this weekend WHY OWN IT ? SHORT $200 shoe drop towards 200w in motion $FAZ $26 with move > 50W ceiling $GS 200w vicinity with weekly flag trigger repeat drop
- champ: $DG ...might have an earnings beat...$DLTR reported a earnings beat, by $0.24...and is up +$11 since they reported on 3/2 ...could see their ER-report.
- bRobert: $COST general Reversal base close to support $570 IF triggered $DLTR High base $165/$170 potential
- bRobert: $NFLX 20d ceiling It can test $300 Why fish here? $ROKU can see $75 up close $SPOT 20d ceiling intact $100 potential with bear flag trigger The best short entries were on failed bounces to ceilings Flip these upside down for a bullish perspective $RICK H&S top $35 potential 50% haircut The rise in steel prices is impacting pole costs Failed bounce to the 20d $DLTR $175 high base Nice chart $PTON How low can you go? Test of the Post IPO low $15 IF weekly bear flag triggers / daily H&S top trigger $ZM lower lows Full retrace to the bottom Another Covid trade winner busted Again 20d kisses from below were great shorts $DOCU going top the cellar Learn something from these examples
- wpsimril: $DLTR; trying to break resistance coming off of 50DMA
- bRobert: $XRT WEEKLY is still bearish I am skeptical of most long trades in the space except for small counter trend bounces There are exceptions $COST trying to form a reversal base Fake out above 50d squashed WEEKLY flag trigger could test $600 H&S top could plummet $W bear flag H&S top Shoes dropping $100 potential next $DLTR High base consolidation Big bounce $165 potential np $HD dip < 200d tease H&S top $325 LABD Pb bounce ADD Above the 20d W $48/ $80+ potential
- pbwoody: @scottrades thoughts on $DLTR? Breaking trend line above 50 MA. With inflation an issue seems this may be a 2022 play...
- scottrades: @pbwoody $DLTR Hard to buy with size after 4 days up. I think you're right on your thesis but I'd want to take a positions closer to the moving averages. I'd recommend either, taking a small position where you can give it some wiggle room or wait for a tighter entry.
- teacher5: @wanda1616 What’s your take on $DLTR at this point?
- bRobert: $BIG Daily reversal base Early WEEKLY pinch with move > 20WEEK $60 - $70 potential $100 with WEEKLY breakout Baby steps Bargain store moves in $DG and $DLTR to top of ranges
- teacher5: $DLTR Trying again.
- wanda1616: @teacher5 $DLTR even with exp of child tax credit WHERE else can you go for economy??? i say
- wanda1616: @wanda1616 $DLTR that may actually make it MORE compelling
- teacher5: @wanda1616 $DLTR absolutely!
- teacher5: $DLTR Anybody watching?
- wanda1616: @teacher5 $DLTR yes lookin good
- wanda1616: @teacher5 $DLTR prices are up to 1.25 for everything now. thats a 25% revenue increase instantly : )
- Suz: @wanda1616 $DLTR I have two DLTR stores within walking distance of my home and also a Dollar General.
- teacher5: @wanda1616 $DLTR I picked some up a few days ago and it’s looking good so far.
- teacher5: ??? I run to town for a couple of hours to have lunch with hubs, and all my greens turned red, including $DLTR!
- Pokersmith: @teacher5 $DLTR don't blame yourself, was more likely because someone took their dog for a walk.
- indigo1948: @Pokersmith $DLTR - I did take mine for a walk - so blame me - it was nasty cold but he has a great fur coat - wouldn't let me borrow it! Bloody-bloody day.
- teacher5: @Pokersmith $DLTR Lol! No more walking dogs this week or lunch with spouse!
- Yes-Man: $DLTR 6% Squeeze. Breaking downward slopping trend, above 50 and 200ma. Some Volume early.
- Roadrunner: $DLTR (too expensive) and $SEDG (fully valued) pb on downgrades
- wanda1616: $DLTR on fire after disclosing activist investor holding. yoohoo. i could not understand why it tanked the other day....on the exact same news/rumour. another bizarre market dislocation.
- wanda1616: @wanda1616 $DLTR lots of upgrades and a weekly that could pop out of resistance going back to jan 2018 if we open here
- bRobert: @wanda1616 $DLTR Speed bump $120
- wanda1616: @bRobert $DLTR thanx will sell some here as had loaded up
- wanda1616: $DLTR looking very good
- slp20: @wanda1616 $DLTR Has lots of cheap decor for all the holidays and great party/gift wrap sections.
- wanda1616: @slp20 $DLTR i love going in there. its just amazing. i dont know how they do it so cheaply. buy candies and medical supplies for my horsies : ) horses LOVE candy canes
- slp20: @wanda1616 $DLTR Peppermint seems to be a favorite. The touring horses here in Charleston love em.
- wanda1616: $DLTR watch this...got instantly slammed yesterday on report of activist investor interest. not sure why thats so bad.
- wanda1616: @wanda1616 $DLTR they are changing model to sell items at + 1 dollar. even at 1.50 thats a huge revenue boost (and still cheap!). love the dollartree : )
- wanda1616: $DLTR commotion. opportunity?
- lostsheep: $dltr inside day and up at 92.97 weekly reversal 93.33
- wijimmy: $DLTR .. watching for some bottom picking for L/T .. $DLTR down 5 days in a row after ER .. like all others in sector... $DLTR upgrade... 8/30..JPMorgan Adjusts Dollar Tree PT to $131 From $122, Maintains Overweight Rating... $DLTR, $OLLI, $BIG, $DG, all looking oversold RSI around 30
- wanda1616: $DG $DLTR $BURL all getting smacked after earnings. all long term winners. lack of guidance, supply chain issues etc. could be some opportunities.
- wanda1616: @wanda1616 $DG $DLTR $BURL someday these supply chain issues will be resolved just like someday travel will return to normal.
- wanda1616: @wanda1616 $DG $DLTR $BURL how quickly lumber dropped 60 % from its peak....may be similar situation
- champ: $OLLI...what the heck are these guys going to do, and both $DG and $DLTR will be reporting before $OLLI......Could be a pre-set up here...don't really know...
- scottrades: Some #earnings for the week.. $JD $CRM $BBY $PTON $SNOW $XPEV $DKS $PDD $MDT $ANF $AAP $DG $EXPR $MRVL $ULTA $PANW $ITRN $DLTR $INTU $MSGE $MARK $COTY $WDAY $JWN $SPLK $CTRN $BURL $GPS $ADSK $MOMO $FLWS $BMO $URBN $BOX $SAFM $HPQ $HTHT $WSM $TOL $TD $BNS $DELL
- lostsheep: $hon $lyft both were double inside days and down on Monday and turnaround reversals on Tuesday Not sure if $lyft is getting some benefit of the free money or not? $dltr ass well hmmmmm
- issues: @lostsheep $hon $lyft $dltr I snagged a starter in DLTR thanks to you!!! Beers on the house!
- scottto_2: #InsideBarList - My OCD kicked in hard on this one - Thanks Sir @Aragorn - $AAL $AAOI $AAPL $ABC $ABT $ABUS $ACAD $ADI $ADS $AEM $AES $AFL $AGCO $AGIO $AIG $AKAM $AKTX $ALE $ALGT $AMCX $AMN $AMP $AMT $AMZN $AN $ANET $ANGI $ANTM $AON $APA $APD $APRN $ ...
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to be aware of this coming week: $NVDA $APPS $CRM $RIDE $SNOW $COST $BBY $LI $DG $AZO $DKS $CTRN $ANF $OKTA $AEO $PDD $CBRL $MDT $ZS $URBN $GPS $DLTR $INTU $TOL $CPRI $JWN $TH $HPQ $ULTA $VEEV $WSM $WDAY $BURL $DELL $SOL $SAFM $A $PLAB $VSAT $TD $PSTG $AFYA $SKY
- Angdionk: $DLTR poking above downward trendline decent volume so far
- wanda1616: @lostsheep $DLTR me too. cousins $DG $COST and $TSCO are very hospitable in a nasty world these days
- lostsheep: $DLTR looking to go higher
- lostsheep: $Dltr working looking for 125 a lot of 1400 stimulus can be spent here regardless of economy
- lostsheep: $DLTR hod
- lostsheep: $DLTR monet still moving in
- wanda1616: @lostsheep $DLTR i moved in with it
- lostsheep: @wanda1616 $DLTR hoping the 2 of you get along
- KSOWTER101: @champ $H $APPS $ABNB $BAC $CZR $MGM $HD $DLTR $DG $LGIH #New-Position #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #News-Pending A lot of variables worth considering- You do your research & Homework! I viewed a number of Dan's videos this weekend, plan to view more- Appreciate you sharing the details that work for you.
....these are few other examples.... $CZR and $MGM...or $HD and LOW...or $DLTR and $DG.... or $LGIH and all the other Home builders...when do they report,....what is going on in the sector.
#4 ....is the investor too late, has this stock already ma ...
- MmaxX: @champ $H $APPS $ABNB $BAC $CZR $MGM $HD $DLTR $DG $LGIH #New-Position #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 Thanks champ, this is good. I really need to work on #4, seems like most of the time by the time I see an amazing stock or sector it has already made it's big move. Then I get in and it's too late, at least for the immediate future.
- champ: @MmaxX $H $APPS $ABNB $BAC $CZR $MGM $HD $DLTR $DG $LGIH #New-Position #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #4 --- That happens to everyone, if it turns, dump it, can always buy it back. #Set-Alerts, on your Stock targets, have to hunt for targets, then wait for a clean shot, work Smart, off of your pre-set-up,...target Watch-List....LOL.
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to be aware of this week: $NIO $ZM $FUBO $WKHS $MELI $TGT $SE $LMND $SNOW $DDD $NVAX $COST $MRVL $INO $BRK.B $FLGT $SDC $TGNA $TXMD $KSS $SWBI $THRM $INSG $DLTR $SPLK $WEN $ANF $SSYS $AVGO $LL $KOPN $AZO $FOLD $NRG $CWEN $KR $BJ $VRM $HEAR $PRPL $VEEV
- champ: $LULU.....$DG, could have a nice move going into earnings, could even surprise and pick-up $10 -$15 or so #before, over 4-trading day left......12/3/am....$DLTR, was the trigger, looks like profits are moving out of $OLLI and into $DG, I'm also holdi ...
- champ: $DG...HOD, #Dollar-General, a little info, they have 16,000 locations and they will be reporting earnings on 12/3/confirmed, this stock is going higher before they report.....Because..... ....The set-up is,....$DLTR reported a Grand Slam on their earnings and had a huge bounce, they have 14,330 locations.......
~~ A few reasons on $DG is...#1.. because it's major competitor, $DLTR ...just reported Great earnings, its just that simple. That is a real easy way to work, for short-term... #2...because most all swing traders, watch for New targets, to start a r ...
- JosephM: $DLTR..missed this. Intended to buy it yesterday but it popped up and I backed down. poop.
- champ: $DG, $213, HOD, is all #Set-Up for a move, New swing position into earnings, on next Thursday 12/3. The trigger was $DLTR, NP, nice earnings, $DG, should follow, along with $OLLI and $CASY.......
- champ: $DG @ $212.50, my guess is, that this should be a nice swing position, off of $DLTR great earnings report this morning....all $$$ stores, type of stocks, could work.... $OLLI @ $94 and $CASY @ $182.50, are 2 others that could work, watch for entries. I have swing positions in all 3 .....on $DLTR, i have NP.
......$DLTR hit a Grand Slam on their earnings report this morning, so that was an entry trigger... for a New $DG-position... into their earnings and I could also add a little more to $CASY and $OLLI, ....the chess games continues and it never has t ...
- Firemedic: @champ $SPY $DLTR $DG $CASY $OLLI $Z $NAIL $FAS $BAC $WFC $OXY $FANG $GUSH #How-I-work #Common-Sense #ReCap #want #always #Laggers #never #Full-advantage #before #absolutely-a-must Impressive Champ. Your dedication and discipline is unbelievable. Thanks for letting us see under the hood a little
- JosephM: $DLTR..earnings Tuesday morning. The entry appears right to me, above the key mavgs ..bands are tight at 7. I was comparing $A, earnings tomorrow vs $DLTR and I prefer this entry. I might take a flyer.
- Ajax4Hire: @JosephM $DLTR $A $DLTR-Dollar Tree reports earnings tomorrow, Tue,Nov24th-before $DG-Dollar General reports earnings next week, Thu,Dec3rd-before. Like $CMI predicts $CAT; so too does $DLTR predict $DG. Christmas is coming and a lot of people have been on thin margin. This makes $DLTR,$DG popular but will not see this popularity till next earnings. I like shopping at both, $DLTR,$DG. It is a great windows into what is important to a huge part of the population. The problem, no one who works in finance, a Hedge Fund, on Wall Street, appreciates the $DLTR,$DG market. Surprises can move the stock opposite the expectation. I may shop at $DLTR but I am NOT buying $DLTR(or $DG), not now.
- JosephM: $PYPL, $FSLR, $AMD, $LULU, $SQ, $DLTR, $TSLA...which is best rhrn? Alerts...wow..set them with Fidelity, didn't get one. Bought one share of $LULU, $AMD, $FSLR and $TSLA..to see what would have happened if I bought a call. Only $TSLA is up.
- lostsheep: @JosephM $PYPL $FSLR $AMD $LULU $SQ $DLTR $TSLA $PYPL respecting the consolidation level around 195 on the intra day pullback
- champ: $DLTR, #Dollar-Tree, will be reporting their earnings in the morning, need positive numbers because this is a Pre-set-up... also for many other Retail stocks, NP.
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to be aware of for this coming week: $BBY $NIU $DKS $DLTR $DQ $MDT $TWST $ADSK $BZUN $DE $SJM $ANF $HRL $PLAN $BURL $ADI $A $ICLK $TNP $JWN $URBN $NTNX $DELL $DSX $WMG $GPS $AMWD $FRO $BLRX $AMBA $HPQ $AEO $ONE $KFY $ARWR $PSTG $CBT and $J $TITN $EV $CHS $DY $CMCM
- champ: @Kharrison67 $OLLI ---- Needs some type of positive News on Sales, new News on more traffic hope. Retail sales for the month of Oct, will be reported in the morning, is a nice set-up, or really strong sales News from any major like....$WMT $TGT $FIVE $DG $DLTR and others will move all retail stocks.....
- traderbren: $DLTR - poised to move higher from here. Providing a decent entry with a stop below the 50d
$DLTR Holding above the 50 Day.
$BURL Held the 50 Day . Weekly C&H
$FCX C&H Also consider $SCCO if you want some copper exposure.
$VEEV NIce move off the 8 EMA.
$CVET Good volume
$ALGN Basing along the 8 EMA. Good volume today.
$DKNG You wan ...
- Yuls: $DLTR breaking out, ER 8/27 bmo
- ikkyu000: @scottrades $BBY $DG $CRM $DLTR $INTU $DKS $MDT $PANW $SJM $ICLK $OKTA $MRVL $ADSK $HRL $WDAY $BIG $COTY $ULTA $BOX $SPLK $BNS $TOL $VMW $BMO $TD $VEEV $HPE $DELL $BILI $BURL $PLCE $ANF $OLLI $PLAN $FLWS $VIOT $RY $HPQ $SOL $BITA $ATHM $NTAP #Earnings Thanks, Scott. Always appreciated.
Dollar Tree, Inc. operates discount variety stores in United States and Canada. Its stores offer merchandise at fixed price of $1.00 and C$1.25. The company operates stores under the names of Dollar Tree, Deal$, and Dollar Bills.Request Video of DLTR
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $37.95 19.91%
- $8.99 19.19%
- $44.33 11.79%
- $34.77 -12.04%
- $62.79 -12.03%
- $47.25 -3.10%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 88,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (88,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!