Dollar General Corporation (NYSE:DG)
Old Forum Content for DGMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $HD losing steam. H&S. top. $280/$260 potential A. move. above. the. 50d ceilings. changes things up $340. target. so. Cover. stops. $NAIL. GREEN. to. RED. $22. potential. with move. below $35. Housing ....no bueno $COST. In this environment generals are being. clobbered. Is. your choice in the space . better? I posted that I am bearish retail and expected the best of breed. to come in ALL have. $DG. $TGT. $WMT. $DLTR. I am. SHORT. $M. from above. $22. to. $10. targets. can end up being . a huge. trade
- wanda1616: @natural $COST many leaders failing now $ORLY $AZO (on back of orly earnings) $COST even $DG and $DLTR
- bRobert: $XRT. Daily move. >. 20/50d. $82+. target. 1 $92 . potential IF. >. $82.5. neckline . Reversal base 200d. speed. bump on route Generals $COST. $WMT $DG $DLTR. $TGT. $260 target 1 $300 . WEEKLY breakout potential $DDS on the move. $400 . potential Shorts
- wanda1616: $DLTR $DG new highs all around.
- bRobert: $DDS 20d. bounce. TRADE. 4% move to top of range. =. profits zone and or raised stops $TGT. Reversal base. $245/$285. with move. >. 200d $COST.General. bounce Caution with recent spike high $470 long term $WMT. WEEKLY flag. $165/$170 $DG. $260/$280. EXTENDED Cup base. breakout $DLTR. $200. Easy cruising $LULU. Break above. 200d. Reversal trigger CRYSTAL CLEAR SET UP $450. $600 potential long term Speed. bump. just above. at $400 Pb bounces
- bRobert: $XRT H&S top daily $68 Under the 20/50d ceilings WEEKLY 200W potential SELECT retailers have been doing well eg $COST $WMT $DG $DLTR .....$TGT $260+ potential with move > 200d ceiling Short $CROX 200W target $RH $250 potential
- bRobert: @wanda1616 $DLTR $DLTR $DG $COST $WMT $TGT coming up the rear Now > 20/50w Reversal base Old high with move above ceiling $260 target 1 /$300+ weekly breakout potential $LULU $375 with flag trigger > 200d
- bRobert: $LULU watching for. move. >. 200d. Np. Reversal base potential $WMT. nh. EXTENDED $175. potential. longer. Not straight up $COST. WEEKLY breakout. nh. $670. weekly target posted. a while ago 5 star General $DG. nh. $300 potential after a rest $DLTR. Daily high base. Extended. shallow cup $200
- bRobert: @Cjauger #TGT Speed. bump territory but. setting up well for a breakout move > 200d. and. $265. potential Reversal base. np $WMT. $COST. $DG $DLTR. on the attack
- Cjauger: @bRobert $WMT $COST $DG $DLTR #TGT yes, cant add to $COST here, initiated $TGT POSITION
- bRobert: @Cjauger $WMT $COST $DG $DLTR $TGT #TGT You will be. able to build in scales Pb. bounces. above the 200d
- bRobert: $XRT $M $DDS $BOOT $CROX WEEKLY shows the trouble in retail and breakdown POTENTIAL Exceptions..... $LULU Great earnings pop Under 200d ceiling Could come in and retest the breakout with a small H&S top here Get above the 200d and all is good $COST general zig zag higher $600/$670 potential Strong weekly base $WMT pop to nh WEEKLY base breakout $175 Pullbacks $DG Cup base $270 potential $DLTR WEEKLY base $175/$200 potential;
- wanda1616: @champ $AMZN $BJ $TGT $COST $DG as well. yahoo.
- wanda1616: $DG $ACN great earnings by the look of things. both up bigly. PM at least
- wanda1616: #EARNINGS tomorrow $ACN $FDX $DG
- champ: $DG $SIG $CMC....these stock will be reporting earnings this week...
- champ: $DG ...might have an earnings beat...$DLTR reported a earnings beat, by $0.24...and is up +$11 since they reported on 3/2 ...could see their ER-report.
- traderbren: $DG - working on chewing through the upside to fill the gap at 222.73
- Jazman0013: $DG still dropping. Most my holdings red. Happy to be heavy in cash.
- Jazman0013: $DG pulled back to the 50 ema. Look for confirmation bounce. Doubt it is buyable yet. Watching.
- bRobert: $BIG Daily reversal base Early WEEKLY pinch with move > 20WEEK $60 - $70 potential $100 with WEEKLY breakout Baby steps Bargain store moves in $DG and $DLTR to top of ranges
- Jazman0013: @champ $F $DG $AAPL as long as you don’t leave food about we are okay up here. People have their cars or garage doors ruined for leaving food about. Seldom see raccoon or opposum, more skunk and fox. Bobcats are seldom. Too many coyote. I always carry a sidearm. I’m not too worried about the animals. More the problem people. Even so I don’t expect to have to ever use it. You can forget calling the police. You may not have service and they don’t get to you for well over and hour.
- roddog101: Anyone taking a stab at $DG trading near the 200 day?
- RM: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL I live in Tacoma, Washington near Pudget Sound. My backyard fronts the Chambers creek wilderness area, which is an urban wildlife sanctuary. We have our urban coyotes that come up to feed on the urban cats, small dogs as well as racoons etc. Coyotes adapt well to living around people. I could bag a deer with a baseball bat, there are so many of them and they are oblivious to humans presence. Black bear and cougars are quite common, but mostly east of I-5 which acts as a natural north-south barrier. On occasion one will wander over in our area which creats quite a stir.
- Jazman0013: $F and $DG… only two green at the end of the day. Even $AAPL finally took a hit. Nice run in it. May go further. Glad I sold off my calls and some common. If we get a decent open tomorrow I will likely be looking to add to hedges and fade it. See what pitch comes in and whether to swing or take a ball…
- champ: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL --- $DG is going to report earnings in the Morning, the open was at $231.31 and HOD was at $228.45, however I was got forced out of that Day-trade, because the Markets turned, NP. That turn caused a lot of Damage...
- champ: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL ...The play is always the same, could also look for a negative open...so you can Re-load, its always nice, when they give you Time to Re-load,..... .... be ready because Fast-Eddie and his crew are always Ready and Waiting.
- Jazman0013: @champ $F $DG $AAPL I’m open to whatever it does tomorrow. I can go mostly cash and sit out this chop too. My position in $DG is placeholder. Have owned from $70s.
- Jazman0013: @champ $F $DG $AAPL let’s knock em dead tomorrow.
- champ: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL --- Nice....and I was hanging around back then also..in 2017, 2018 and all the way into Powells rate hikes, that started in October 2019, Yes ..I remember that very well...
- Pokersmith: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL Hope that open is a swoosh down and subsequent recovery....as opposed to a gap up and fade.
- champ: @Pokersmith $F $DG $AAPL--- Yes...that would be the Play of the Month or maybe even the Year and it will happen, at some point, within the next 3-days, hopefully tomorrow.
- Jazman0013: @champ $F $DG $AAPL my wife found $DG they open up like dandelions up here in NE Pa. I’m glad she pulled the trigger on it. It was a great pick. Still is!
- Jazman0013: @Pokersmith $F $DG $AAPL I would prefer that price action as well. These good openings are ripe for fading of late more often than not.
- champ: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL ....PA.. .Dr. Oz is in the News up in that area.
- Jazman0013: @champ $F $DG $AAPL Oh dear Lord… so Oz is.
- champ: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL --- The Wizard of OZ, and I have been on that Yellow Brick Road up there before.
- Pokersmith: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL "I prefer bobcats and bears to most people " Hear hear 👍👍
- Jazman0013: @champ $F $DG $AAPL I don’t know what his points of view are but he looks a lot like Willem Defoe. The area has been building up. I prefer bobcats and bears to most people Just a quick read is all you need. Philly is appropriate for him…. That isn’t a compliment. Let him go back.
- champ: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL --- I don't either but he was a Heart Surgeon, so I'm guessing that he has Medical-horse sense. ....We also have Bears, Mountain Lions and they protect our pot growers and we see the Bears running around after they have eaten the wrong plants and the Bobcats are real hard to spots/see but when I go fishing, I always see them watching me.
- champ: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL ...Two huge turns off of HOD's, on both Monday and Today, many are shell-shocked, and the bases were loaded both times, however like Yogi Berra said,..."It ain't over ..till it's Over", however Champ always says, just wait.. " for the right Pitch "....and stay Focused. LOL
- Jazman0013: @champ $F $DG $AAPL few bear sightings this year. They come through the yard. Blink and you miss them.
- champ: @Jazman0013 $F $DG $AAPL ...We get them coming around, but only when they get hungry and they can get scared and if they do, they can cause a lot of damage, don't ever corner any animal, can't leave any doors or sliders open either because even the Raccoons and Possums will come-in and don't block their exit either, I've been in their way before also, good-thing I had a 5-iron in my hand, can't shoot anything because that would really make a mess, if you only injured them, thats the last thing that I would do.
- wanda1616: $DG smackdown to the 50 on...no news.
- Pokersmith: @wanda1616 $DG My guess? rotation...but that's just a guess
- wanda1616: @Pokersmith $DG all retail getting crunched but this is worse.
- Pokersmith: @wanda1616 $DG More of a lockdown, can't get work type of name...not necessarily a reopening play? Some Funds et al locking in gains ...and calling it a year for this play? Again...Just spit balling here...NP
- wijimmy: $DLTR .. watching for some bottom picking for L/T .. $DLTR down 5 days in a row after ER .. like all others in sector... $DLTR upgrade... 8/30..JPMorgan Adjusts Dollar Tree PT to $131 From $122, Maintains Overweight Rating... $DLTR, $OLLI, $BIG, $DG, all looking oversold RSI around 30
- wanda1616: $DG $DLTR $BURL all getting smacked after earnings. all long term winners. lack of guidance, supply chain issues etc. could be some opportunities.
- wanda1616: @wanda1616 $DG $DLTR $BURL someday these supply chain issues will be resolved just like someday travel will return to normal.
- wanda1616: @wanda1616 $DG $DLTR $BURL how quickly lumber dropped 60 % from its peak....may be similar situation
- Jazman0013: Weakness in most my holdings today. Looking to add to $CHWY soon. Reduced $DG
- champ: $OLLI...what the heck are these guys going to do, and both $DG and $DLTR will be reporting before $OLLI......Could be a pre-set up here...don't really know...
- scottrades: Some #earnings for the week.. $JD $CRM $BBY $PTON $SNOW $XPEV $DKS $PDD $MDT $ANF $AAP $DG $EXPR $MRVL $ULTA $PANW $ITRN $DLTR $INTU $MSGE $MARK $COTY $WDAY $JWN $SPLK $CTRN $BURL $GPS $ADSK $MOMO $FLWS $BMO $URBN $BOX $SAFM $HPQ $HTHT $WSM $TOL $TD $BNS $DELL
- woodman: $DG - if you like boringly upward without drama.
- steve71: @woodman $DG Hey Woodman, long time. The next earnings report cycle may be a challenge for the various iterations of Dollar stores. Their prices are constrained by the name. But they are facing inflation from their suppliers. My only retail play is Target, also a nicely boring chart.
- woodman: @steve71 $DG - Hey, buddy. Yeah, long time. I hope you've been well. I was put through the washer spin cycle over and over in 2019 and 2020. It was a rough trip, but I'm glad the stains ultimately came out after many cycles. Thanks for your thoughts. I've been able to hold DG without obsessing over it, which is kinda nice. :) But I'll give it more thought as we roll into earnings on 8/26.
- Aragorn: $DG off an inside month and up weekly is a continuation, this stock is just going and going. Thx to Woodman to put me on this one
- lostsheep: @Aragorn $DG If you don't mind me asking, with the week, month and day ending on Friday, what are you scanning for come Monday. Do you place priority on a specific time frame? Thanks in adavance
- Aragorn: @lostsheep $DG every weekend when I am in trading mode I do weekly actionable signals as well as daily and I will do one for the new month/qtr and year always. I can add you to my list of distribution for this. I send it to Dan and Bridget among others. Just send me your email.
- woodman: $DG - break through inverse head and shoulder neckline. Weekly look.
- bRobert: @woodman $DG Yup $240/$250 Love the WEEKLY view
- bRobert: $DG close to a nh WEEKLY inv H&S base $260+ potential np
- woodman: $DG testing all time high area. Was green today (with a bullish engulfing). Volume was right on its avg. 50d volume. If you squint, looks like attempt to break through weekly inverse head and shoulders.
- lostsheep: $DG Inside month and up at 219.05 if you have an imagination maybe a ihs on the weekly
- Ajax4Hire: $M-Macy's(my Grandmother's favorite place to shop) Outsized Option for Aug20th Calls at strike(1) $20=25k, $21=47k, $22=12k, $23=41k contracts Most contracts placed 10-11days ago when $M tagged 50day-MA. Suggest catalyst is Earnings Report Tue,Aug17th-Before. Nothing sexy or wow-ka-pow about a 1900s Mall anchor store. expected $M to follow JC-Penney, Sears/K-Mart, Davidson and Rich's. But there are many in-person mall-anchors that are doing well: $JWN-Nordstrom, $DDS-Dillard's, $DKS-Dick's Sporting Goods, $TJX-TJMaxx and stand-alone(large and small) retails are thriving: $COST-CostCo, $WMT-WalMart, $TGT-Target, $TSCO-Tractor Supply, $FIVE-5 Below, $DG-Dollar General, $BIG-BigLots, $ROST-Ross Stores, $BARN-Boot Barn(in the ATL) Either way, this is 7weeks in the future. Will have to watch $M over the next 4weeks to see if warrants participating in lottery. (1)Reported by Jon Najarian on CNBC yesterday,Mon,Jun28th
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to be aware of this coming week: $NVDA $APPS $CRM $RIDE $SNOW $COST $BBY $LI $DG $AZO $DKS $CTRN $ANF $OKTA $AEO $PDD $CBRL $MDT $ZS $URBN $GPS $DLTR $INTU $TOL $CPRI $JWN $TH $HPQ $ULTA $VEEV $WSM $WDAY $BURL $DELL $SOL $SAFM $A $PLAB $VSAT $TD $PSTG $AFYA $SKY
- bRobert: $TGT Bullish daily flag in high base ` Bullish action in many retail names that have bottomed and rebuilidng bases eg $WMT $DG
- CarolGregory: @bRobert $TGT $WMT $DG $LULU ?
- bRobert: @CarolGregory $TGT $WMT $DG $LULU $LULU I'm bullish on spandex but they are still in consolidation More work to do Trading range from $300 - $320 which is tradable if you are nimble and willing too much work for me I will wait until $320 is support from ABOVE
- TraderinTraining: $DG Do we like the rising 9EMA crossing the 50 and 200 here? Thanks.
- wanda1616: @lostsheep $DLTR me too. cousins $DG $COST and $TSCO are very hospitable in a nasty world these days
- wanda1616: horrible feeling...only very select winners likely now overbought and i should likely sell all $TSCO $DG $HD $LULU. yuk
- bRobert: @wanda1616 $TSCO $DG $HD $LULU $HD. $LOW. harder to buy but. NOT overbought yet on the daily or. weekly. Check out the. RSI. I don't expect. large pullbacks. Long both
- wanda1616: @bRobert $TSCO $DG $HD $LULU $LOW thx for your reply
- bRobert: @wanda1616 $TSCO $DG $HD $LULU $LOW Things aren't. so dire. Market is. consolidating. Working off overbought condition in many areas. Good. trading conditions will emerge . You don't have to trade chop. You. make. most of your money during the year during big runs. in a trending. market. The market is. not. trending now. Be. patient. and wait for the best times to sail with an up trending market. FEWER opportunities during other conditions. Trade less Selling. covered call premium.on long term positions. + Other tactics
- traderbren: $DG - nice move! Closed the gap. Done.
- champ: @traderbren $DG -- Another retail earnings mover, they are #all beating on Earnings. $FIVE is also having a delay reaction, to their earnings beat. Next up to bat is ...$LULU.
- wanda1616: @mopick $WMT dumped it too after 3 days. check out $DG
- mopick: @wanda1616 $WMT $DG, thanks, @wanda. Definitely looks better!!
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to be aware of next week: $FDX $CRWD $SNDL $FCEL $NKE $GEVO $DG $VFF $HQY $VUZI $PDD $HEXO $NFE $RESN $CRBP $CSIQ $NBEV $DM $WPRT $OCGN $LEN $FIVE $QFIN $ACN $AGEN $ACRX $COUP $PD $FLNT $WSM $AOUT $FUTU $CTAS $BL $FTEK $ACEL $SIC $BEKE $MP $WB $SIG $RDHL
- KSOWTER101: @champ $H $APPS $ABNB $BAC $CZR $MGM $HD $DLTR $DG $LGIH #New-Position #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #News-Pending A lot of variables worth considering- You do your research & Homework! I viewed a number of Dan's videos this weekend, plan to view more- Appreciate you sharing the details that work for you.
....these are few other examples.... $CZR and $MGM...or $HD and LOW...or $DLTR and $DG.... or $LGIH and all the other Home builders...when do they report,....what is going on in the sector.
#4 ....is the investor too late, has this stock already ma ...
- MmaxX: @champ $H $APPS $ABNB $BAC $CZR $MGM $HD $DLTR $DG $LGIH #New-Position #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 Thanks champ, this is good. I really need to work on #4, seems like most of the time by the time I see an amazing stock or sector it has already made it's big move. Then I get in and it's too late, at least for the immediate future.
- champ: @MmaxX $H $APPS $ABNB $BAC $CZR $MGM $HD $DLTR $DG $LGIH #New-Position #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #4 --- That happens to everyone, if it turns, dump it, can always buy it back. #Set-Alerts, on your Stock targets, have to hunt for targets, then wait for a clean shot, work Smart, off of your pre-set-up,...target Watch-List....LOL.
- issues: @bRobert $GD The reverse of $GD is $DG - Dollar General. It's still in a diving mode!
- CraigReynolds: @DrScience $DG -- Like your thoughts on a trade, I'm looking at. Diagonal, buying a Mar 195 call, selling a Feb 210 call. I like the way the chart is setting up. Been paper trading diagonals and they have worked out for the most parts. Not sure you do these types of trades? Thanks for any help.
DrScience: @CraigReynolds $DG The Call premium is quite fairly-valued at about 2% of notional stock value. You'd want to leg into any trade because IV is very low in this name.
RHRN, the stock is into the second week of a weekly volatility squeeze that would ...
- CraigReynolds: @DrScience $DG This took you some time to look at this and I appreciate it. Thank you for your time and detaIL
- lostsheep: $DG yesterdays move bullishly engulfed 15 trading days of price action on descent volume. Leaning on upper bb and downtrend line started in November. Would love a pullback to the 50 and a higher low before the breakout. But I rarely get what I want
- lostsheep: $DG still finding buyers on this pinch
- lostsheep: $TCS $CRTO $PTGX $REZI $CREE $WIT some ready or in the process of bo $GPC $HAIN $TMUS $DG tightening If mentioned by others I apologize. Not lookingb to steal anyone's thunder @YULS mentioned $EW which looks good.
- Yuls: @lostsheep $TCS $CRTO $PTGX $REZI $CREE $WIT $GPC $HAIN $TMUS $DG $EW lol no thunders to steal, more people mention same (potentially) good idea, the better, so it gets noticed
- JosephM: $DG... beat and is down 2%. Crap! Good entry here,, on IBD 50. Frustrating!
- traderbren: @JosephM $DG - yep. I decided to get out yesterday after weighing the upside on good earnings. Its likely to test the 50d this morning. If it holds and bounces, I will look to start a position again. If the useless gang in DC can get their act together and pass a stimulus check, then it will bode well for $DG. If they don't reach an agreement, then we will likely see more weakness in the stock.
- JosephM: $DG ..just saying Estimates: Analysts expected Dollar General earnings per share to jump 40% to $1.99 as revenue grew 16.4% to $8.14 billion, according to Zacks Investment Research. Same-store sales wereseen rising 11.5%, according to Consensus Metrix. Results: Dollar General earnings per share leapt 63% to $2.31 a share, with revenue up 17.3% to $8.2 billion. Same-store sales popped 12.2%. Dollar General's store foot traffic soared nearly 21% the Saturday before Black Friday, according to industry tracker Placer.ai. While most retailers saw a big drop in foot traffic on Black Friday compared to last year, Dollar General managed to eke out a gain of 0.6%.
$DG -- Same profile. Low RS (75), needs to tighten up before I would buy it.
$ROST -- Gapped up on earnings...and now stuck. No buying pressure now.
$COST -- Strong stock. But it’s extended above the 50-day MA
$TLYS -- nice move higher...b ...
- champ: @DAN $SPX $DJI $DJT $NDX $SNOW $MPWR $IBB $MRNA $NVAX $AMD $AAPL $PII $ZTS $TSLA $TGTX $APPS $PFE $BNTX $SONO $COUP $ZM $GBTC $XHB $LEN $DHI $PHM $TOL $XRT $AMZN $WMT $TGT $OLLI $DG $ROST $COST $TLYS ~~~~ #Sooner is always better, #always better before the Close.
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to be aware of this week.. $ZM $CRM $HOME $CRWD $DOCU $DG $OGI $MOMO $MRVL $ATHM $NJR $ADNT $BIG $SPLK $BNS $KR $ZS $OKTA $BOX $CLDR $BMO $MIK $SWBI $JFIN $HPE $TD $VEEV $FIVE $SNOW $ULTA $EMKR $NTAP $DLTH $RY $ZUO $GBDC $ESTC $SIG $BBW $NOAH $SNPS $CBRL
- champ: @scottrades $ZM $CRM $HOME $CRWD $DOCU $DG $OGI $MOMO $MRVL $ATHM $NJR $ADNT $BIG $SPLK $BNS $KR $ZS $OKTA $BOX $CLDR $BMO $MIK $SWBI $JFIN $HPE $TD $VEEV $FIVE $SNOW $ULTA $EMKR $NTAP $DLTH $RY $ZUO $GBDC $ESTC $SIG $BBW $NOAH $SNPS $CBRL #Earnings ----- I have been checking these out and there could be a few nice set-ups on this list....
Dollar General Corporation is a discount retailer in the United States, which offers a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel.Request Video of DG
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $37.95 19.91%
- $8.99 19.19%
- $44.33 11.79%
- $34.77 -12.04%
- $62.79 -12.03%
- $47.25 -3.10%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 88,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (88,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!