Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY)
Old Forum Content for TLRYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $CGC . I guess my buy did the trick. Need follow up demand to build some momentum and get the short squeeze rack to take it up a notch. Look for pin action in $PYX . $CRON others. Even $TLRY . The share structure of TLRY keeps the shorts at bay. VERY SMALL FLOAT . High premiums to short. I would not want to be short. A positive announcement of any sort eg deal with a beverage company will send these shares back up to the moon.
- bRobert: $TLRY . W bottom . Higher low if holds. Watching for higher high and W trigger >$75. target $85 + - Alerts
- trader123: @bRobert $TLRY Waiting and watching $TLRY. What are your thoughts on $CGC? Trigger price? $CGC looks like it is getting ready to breakout of this trading range. Thank you Robert, you are the best!
- bRobert: @trader123 $TLRY $CGC The set up in CGC is obvious to all. The ingredients for a short squeeze stew are there. I own from below. I recommended taking a small piece before a breakout attempt, as close to support as possible . You're watching the breakout with a profit. I don't buy breakouts. I hate fake outs/chop ( breakouts that fail /stopped out) . I will look for a pullback /bounce outside the breakout area to add with a stop just inside the channel . Too early to tell if today's attempt will succeed. Poor general market conditions will negatively skew the results as traders take profits/sell into strength.
- trader123: @bRobert $TLRY $CGC Thank you Robert.
- wijimmy: @bRobert $CGC $CRON $APHA ... Spread the wealth... push up $TLRY also.....I like that they are partnered up with drugmaker Sandoz which is owned by $NVS ( Novartis ) to distribute medical marijuana and that they also partnered up with AB InBev $BUD to develop beverages that contain marijuana cannabinoids...
- PJMR11: $TLRY Is this dead money now?
- phgruver: @PJMR11 $TLRY It's been dead money since 9/20/18! Nothing in the chart that looks remotely like an entry.
- bRobert: @PJMR11 $TLRY Better/safer places to invest. Weakest chart of the major players. I have a small long term hold until technicals improve.
- PJMR11: @bRobert $TLRY Agree. NP.
- shoredriver: $TLRY....Options pricing 12% move(either way) after earnings tonight........
- mikespear: @shoredriver $TLRY Are you considering an option play ?
- shoredriver: @mikespear $TLRY ....Your money, your call......no pun intended.....Maybe try @scottrades......
- mikespear: @shoredriver $TLRY lol... i am thinking of an Iron condor for IV crash.... scottrades the best guy for running option play suggestions by? thanks for the assistance. new to forum.
- bRobert: @shoredriver $TLRY The safe bet is on the reaction/pin action in $CGC $PYX. others It won't take much to push to give them the momentum to go MUCH higher. OR look for entries on big dips.
Sher: FYI for those holding positions in $TLRY & $HQY (Earnings Whisper’s recap):
$TLRY is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 4:05 PM ET on Monday, March 18, 2019. The consensus estimate is for a loss of $0.15 per share on revenue of ...
But, all the Ganja cohort is HTB (hard-to-borrow), which means shorts are banking heavily on the group going up in smoke. And, with $TLRY reporting in a do-or-die situation after the bell today, negative pin action could harsh the $ACB buzz. So, af ...
- PJMR11: $TLRY Triples revenue
- Reif99: @PJMR11 $TLRY Only up ~ 3% AH
- bsafriet: @bRobert $PYX Hope you are right! I sold at the close ahead of $TLRY’s E/R on concern that a stinky report would bar the entire group. I’ll but back after the dust settles tomorrow. I’m perplexed why $TLRY is up a/h’s after the hudge miss. Estimates for revenues were all over the map and what has been quoted was on the low end. Management does not give any meaningful guidance - although hey did say in the call that they expect 2019 revenue to be 3x 2019.
- phgruver: @bsafriet $PYX $TLRY Considering that, on 3/1/19, $TLRY closed at $79.51, it doesn't seem to be up very much. In fact, given the selloff that began in Oct. 2018, $TLRY seems to be bouncing along the bottom, testing support. Even with all the hype, it's not something I'd be interested in.
- bRobert: $TLRY Reports Monday atc. Pin action Tuesday Strike or gutter ball. $PYX $CGC $CRON $TLRY ALL long term holds. TLRY the smallest position right now. $CGC and $PYX have very bullish charts. Just waiting for a match.
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $TLRY $PYX $CGC $CRON Sounds like your a buy and holder with stock positions. Is that correct? You give beyond excellent posts on multi stocks you watch. Must be in the select mutual fund business, only the best of best with many holds. I read all and partake in a few and sure appreciate your work and efforts providing this info on a daily bases. Thank you for the helps.
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $TLRY $PYX $CGC $CRON I appreciate your kind words. I prefer to find stocks that have WEEKLY charts that technically project large gains and then park some $$$. eg $TWLO $MELI $MDB $TNDM Adding on pb/bounces. I also have a growing portfolio of spec stocks that have really outperformed. Many are in short squeezes and or niche areas. The investments are small to cope with the higher volatility. All of my big 5 cannabis stocks started that way (IIPR)
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $TLRY $PYX $CGC $CRON $TWLO $MELI $MDB $TNDM In process of developing my process as Dan said in weekend video. My big difficulty is patience, buy to early then stopped out. Will start looking/learning Weekly charts watch and learning this process. Thanks
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $TLRY $PYX $CGC $CRON $TWLO $MELI $MDB $TNDM It is a process. Also you have to develop a trading scheme that fits you best. I don't like or have the time to trade consistently in short time frames. I try and trade longer trends, up or down. In a non trending market that's chopping people up, I stand aside and wait. another suggestion is to make smaller initial entries and try to time them to bounces off the lower end of a trading channel or on a pullback bounce AFTER a breakout. I don't like to chase breakouts. If you do, very small with a plan of adding on a pb/bounce that confirms the breakout.
- Kasey: $ACB, $CARA, $CRBP, $HEXO, $NTEC, $PYX, $MJ, $TCNNF, $CNTTF, $APHA, $TLRY, $GWPH, $OGRMF, $CGC, $NBEV @scottrades, What a "Value Add" by Dan, to have @ScotTrades. Great weekly videos and also, lately increasing tweets re: pertinent info intraday. Thank you.
- scottrades: @Kasey $ACB $CARA $CRBP $HEXO $NTEC $PYX $MJ $TCNNF $CNTTF $APHA $TLRY $GWPH $OGRMF $CGC $NBEV Thanks Kasey!! Appreciate the shout out.
- bRobert: @bRobert $NXST $GTN $SBGI $sbgi $SFIX $WLL $WLL $WLL $EOG $BA $BA $BA $FLT $FLT $FLT $FANG $JPM $UGAZ $RARX $TME $SLCA $SLCA $SLCA $NXST $NUGT $NUGT $JNUG $NUGT $EXP $BA $USO $TKR $FANG $FANG $FANG $FTSI $LBRT $ACB $CARA $CRBP $HEXO $NTEC $PYX $MJ $TCNNF $CNTTF $APHA $TLRY $GWPH $OGRMF $CGC $NBEV $ACB $CARA $CRBP $HEXO $NTEC $PYX $MJ $TCNNF $CNTTF $APHA $TLRY $GWPH $OGRMF $CGC $NBEV $NVDA $NVDA $NVDA $BA $TMO $ILMN #11 #Spec-Swing #YTDL #Entry-Timing #Bounce-Candidate #Oil-Fracker They are all too extended for a good risk reward trade. There are no shortages of stocks with great chart set ups offering good entries and very favorable risk rewards. Keep track of this group and patiently wait to see if better opportunity presents itself. eg HMOS . Be selective especially in a market probing the top of a range.
- bRobert: $TLRY Bottom (double bottom with big green candle reversal) likely in until earnings. 3/18. Trading bottom $40 or $120 I vote the latter. Long term hold. I will add > $83 on pb/b
- bRobert: Cannabis shorts. Different than Bermuda shorts. $PYX 33% short $CGC 45% $TLRY 39% What am I missing There should be a warning label like cigarettes
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $PYX $CGC $TLRY ... Cannabis shorts different than Bermuda shorts. Yes. Much itchier.
- bRobert: @bigbartabs $PYX $CGC $TLRY 100% hemp.
- bRobert: $TLRY Big white candle/bullish reversal Friday. Tested the resolve/patience of weak hands. Long term hold. Will add >$83 on pb/bounces Earnings ? 3/18 . Huge upside/short squeeze with upside momentum . Set alerts and trade elsewhere.
- shoredriver: $TLRY...Down another 5% in PM....NP
- Squid: $tlry Jefferies analyst starts coverage with price target of $61 and underperform rating.
- bRobert: @shoredriver $TLRY Never rose >$83 trigger. Wedge/squeeze breakdown
- bRobert: $TLRY phase 2 or double bottom. Come back next week for the answer. Small Spec long term hold. Longer with confirmation. Earnings should be interesting times
- bsafriet: @bRobert $TLRY Very! Nobody believed Jefferies call, unless all the bounce was from crazed potheads, which I doubt! Long small spec position as well. Any thoughts for E/R play?
- champ: @bsafriet $TLRY ---- Nice move off of LOD, in the PM but spiked to $65, right before the open. Fast professional traders were trading this..and the first one that I saw was at 8:47 ET...but he scaled out with 2-profit trades, within 52 minutes. Real hard to hold a trading position, on a pot stock like this...that has a new downgrade. This was posts, that I was following on Briefing-Trader...traders are all over these pot stocks, on every move. His name is SCALP... and he never swings.
- bRobert: @champ $TLRY Small hold for me until to triggers. I don't have the time to trade the small squiggles. Many easier things to trade.
- bRobert: @bsafriet $TLRY Yes . Hold and watch. I can see adding either way. Initial sell off creating a good buying opportunity to add on 59min trade . Breakout triggering a big upside move. Add on pb/bounce. I don't have a big enough position to hedge. Options are too expensive to consider straddle play except with spreads. Too much work. Many other things to trade with less effort.
- bRobert: @coldevinc $BPTH Not if you're short. This was a record short term move for me. $TLRY ran more but it took a little longer to mature
- bRobert: $CGC $PYX $TLRY Quiet consolidation / decreased volatility is a good prelude to higher prices. Long term holds. trading around a core.
- michaelH: @bRobert $CGC $PYX $TLRY you still like pyx? Took quite a hit and now has some serious resistance!
- bRobert: @michaelH $CGC $PYX $TLRY still like it. In at $12. Patient.. Will add on flag/c&h . trigger. Then Stop <27.40
- bRobert: $CGC $TLRY $PYX $CRON I mentioned early in the week that the price action and chart set up was favoring a substantial bullish move and that is starting to play out. Very high upside targets await with FOLLOW THROUGH. The pieces are in place $CGC $57/$75 $TLRY $88/$120 $PYX $42 $CRON $27 + (with flag trigger, NO longer time frame targets on the charts right now. This will change with a move) As always, position size is key to start. Scale in with confirmation on pb/bounces Long term holds. Trading around a core .
- bRobert: $TLRY update Had a range breakdown 82.7 - 81 = $2 81 - 2 =$ 79. measured move Nothing wrong in the big picture. The stock never moved >$83 breakout line. Let it regroup. Sideways consolidation is fine $CGC $CRON $PYX All behaving .
- bsafriet: @bRobert $CGC $PYX $TLRY $CRON I finally opened a starting position in $PYX Yesterday and will add to full position with continuation move. IF move stalls, I’ll add short calls, but only if mo stalls. Long $CGC, $TLRY, and $CRON from below. Thanks for continuing to post this one and drawing our attention to it. I appreciate your sharing your insights and experience here with us! Best wishes!
- Kasey: $TLRY BO
- bRobert: @Kasey $TLRY If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then............very tight squeeze breakout. $83 target 1
- Henry: $TLRY is getting back to where I bought it last week
- bRobert: $TLRY Wedge breakout with a sustained move >$82.50 Target $120 Long from below I would like to see swing high $83 from the 21st taken out Not adding. I would like to see bo stick and follow through. I'll ass on pb/bounces >$83
- gmj: @bRobert $TLRY I’ve been faked out twice early Feb and. Again on the 19th ... will wait ‘til I see 833 plus, always appreciate your comments... thx
- trader123: @bRobert $TLRY Totally agree on >$83 add. We have witnessed several bounces only to be denied. Long $TLRY. Thank you for your insightful posts and triggers.
- bRobert: $TLRY phase 2 15 min chart. Watching for phase 3 and $83+
- bRobert: $TLRY Phase 3 Watching for a move > $83. I am long from below. I will add on pb/bounces > $83
- bRobert: $TLRY 37% short. If upward momentum is achieved this will be significant
- bRobert: $TLRY good phase 3 intraday 30 min . Just watching with long. Add on pb/b > $83 Risk management . Defined boundaries . If >83.......$87.50 in play. Baby steps
- tnt: @bRobert $TLRY I have $TLRY on my watchlist and have been considering getting in for awhile. Some false intraday breakouts recently. Feels like it may not move until earnings now I but could be wrong. Earnings will definitely shake up this tight volatility squeeze one way or the other making for some interesting trading.
- bRobert: $TLRY Continues to set up and tease . the impatient trader .. Wedge breakout on shorter time frames. Long from below. Will add with confirmation $120 or $40 I will make money either way Leaning long. along with the price action.
- jeffslm: @bRobert $TLRY - March 18th
- shoredriver: @jeffslm @bRobert $TLRY ...EW shows 3/18 after.....
- bRobert: $TLRY Watching (alert) for swing high >$80.80
- bRobert: @shoredriver $TLRY Not MAR 18 ? corrected Looking at deep OTM puts Mar 22 Cheap insurance
- bRobert: $TLRY 200d birth celebration on the Daily Many happy returns printing nhs from above the first sample of the 200d is rising In general it is easier to hurdle a RISING moving average line when approaching from below.
- bRobert: $CGC $$PYX $TLRY $CRON Bullish high performance tuning work going on in the garage. Preparing for long North East road trip
- jr3345: @bRobert $CGC $PYX $TLRY $CRON Definitely March Madness
- bRobert: @jr3345 $CGC $PYX $TLRY $CRON What's not mad is that it is a multi billion/trillion dollar business in the making Just out of the womb. .
- Geewhiz: @bRobert $TLRY Tilray to Report Fourth Quarter and Full Fiscal Year 2018 Financial Results on March 18, 2019 February 19, 2019 at 8:00 AM EST PDF Version NANAIMO, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 19, 2019-- Tilray Inc. (Nasdaq: TLRY), a global pioneer in cannabis production, research, cultivation and distribution, announced today it will report results for the fourth quarter and full fiscal year ended December 31, 2018 on Monday, March 18, 2019 after market close. The Company will host a conference call to discuss these results at 5:00 p.m. ET. Investors interested in participating in the live call can dial 877-489-6528 from the U.S. and 629-228-0736 internationally. A telephone replay will be available approximately two hours after the call concludes through Monday, April 1, 2019, by dialing 855-859-2056 from the U.S., or 404-537-3406 from international locations, and entering confirmation code 6093459.
- jeffslm: $TLRY - don't lose track of this VS.
- captron: @jeffslm $TLRY Picked some up yesterday when it crossed the 200dma. I have a pretty tight stop though.
- bRobert: $TLRY setting up intra. day . Trigger/follow through will take us right up to the $82.50 wedge breakout line.
- bRobert: @captron $TLRY Small size better than tight stop. IMHO
- traderbren: @bRobert $TLRY - yep, I set an alert at 82.50 this morning.
- bRobert: @traderbren $TLRY There already is a wedge breakout on the intra day chart 30 min
- bRobert: $TLRY Another higher low. Move >$81 (80.50) next baby step. followed by a move >$82.50 and then > 20 week.
- DAN: @spmeyers $APHA $ACB Can't disagree, spmeyers. All the stocks that I follow (and Scotty has a bigger list and greater knowledge than I do) look like they've got good potential. $ACB, $TLRY (still squeezing...and could go either way), $APHA and $CRON. All worth looking at...though they are a "niche product" in my view. Dan
- bRobert: $CGC $CRON $TLRY $PYX I like the price action. CGC . little hammer/double bottom. $TLRY . very quiet. Huge wedge set up $120+ $PYX . Short squeeze/C&H . Nothing not to like unless you don't own any . Add > $27.50 . $42 . MMT $CRON .. Low volume consolidation. so far. LONG term hold. That's my time frame for this Holding from single digits
13. $TLRY – squeezing. This is a crap shoot. Don’t play craps.
14. $EDU – selling into this. Compare to SNAP.
15. $PLAN – take profits here.
- bRobert: @scottrades $ESNT I'm looking for substantial upward moves in $CGC $TLRY $PYX $AMRS shortly. Very subtle bullish price action. last week. $CRON WEEKLY flag has my attention. $30 flag trigger target. Long term hold via 2020 LEAP calls and BPS. Risk reversal credit . spread . Holding from single digits.
- captron: $TLRY - Back above VWAP
bRobert: $TLRY A lot of tension is developing on the chart. Besides the obvious squeeze there is a wedge with a measured move target of $130 = Height ranges from $70 - $100 (100 - 70) + 100 = $130
As it happens, a bullish squ ...
- bRobert: $TLRY $PYX I am overweight both on my trading position around a core holding . Excellent low risk add on $TLRY yesterday. Looking for follow through. $TLRY. Going to $40 or $110 on a technical basis from this right squeeze. Leaning high. $PYX. $50+. Possibility. Baby steps.
- PJMR11: @bRobert $TLRY $PYX I am with you on both of these. Also overweight on APHA
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $TLRY Tilray Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=TLRY&clip=109576
- beachreader: @StockMarketMentor $TLRY ...looks like most of the MaryJane sector is weaker today.....
- bRobert: $CRON . WEEKLY flag $28 mm target . LONG TERM HOLD $KSHB . WEEKLY consolidation . Nice base . $9 . with breakout. $TLRY . Stop $77.90 . on yesterday's trading entry.
- bRobert: $TLRY . intraday WEDGE. if . > $82.50 . trigger ...... .. $87.50 mm . target .
- bRobert: $TLRY . Acquires hemp producer Manitoba Harvest to jump into the US . hemp market. S Someone call a doctor. . TLRY is squeezing so tight it can't breath.
- bRobert: $TLRY . Very perky. Looking for squeeze breakout. $PYX . Working. Higher high next
- Motorman: @bRobert $TLRY $PYX starting to breath ;)
- traderbren: $TLRY - bong working. Bubbling this morning! ;-)
- bRobert: @traderbren $TLRY >84 . should take off . 37% . short .
- bRobert: $TLRY . Breakout /flag intraday . Watching May add >flag trigger . 82.50 . Looking for $5 + . day trade
- Jibes: I am seeing the posts on $TLRY It is breaking out from a squeeze on hourly chart and has pulled back a little. Is this a good time to take a small position? and add later? (or sell)
- bRobert: @Jibes $TLRY What's your time frame?
- DrScience: @Jibes $TLRY Small position, stop below $75. Larger position, stop below 77.
- Jibes: @bRobert $TLRY Well, I am hoping this is the first tremor before the volcano blows; that is, it breaks out of the long squeeze on the daily chart. My time frame is a week or two??? Of course it could resolve downward since the market is so extended. I think I'll just take a very small position here. Thanks!!
|Stock Price||$USD 46.81|
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 27th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!