Textainer Group Holdings Limited (NYSE:TGH)
Old Forum Content for TGHMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bnnybklyn: $TGH up 5% 8th up day - today's conflict headlines help perhaps ? Primary supplier of containers to the U.S. Military
- bnnybklyn: @DAN $TGH has been very good to me over the last 8 days, what's your thoughts RHRN as far as a strategy ? Right now i have a very tight stop on it, very tight, to protect gains.
- bnnybklyn: @GOOSE $ESNT $WYNN My other Bottom feeder working out (started 7 days ago though) $TGH
- issues: @bnnybklyn $TGH PE is at 54 now. Kinda high for me.
- bnnybklyn: @issues $TGH yeah I was in 7 days ago with rising stops along the way, so far its worked but not married to it.
- GOOSE: @bnnybklyn $ESNT $WYNN $TGH Always glad to hear that people are doing good.
- bnnybklyn: $TEAM added on the move above 60 long. Find myself back in about 60% now. Full on $PAYC, $MU, $W, $TGH, $TWTR 1/2 on $SMH, $WB, $JD, $ANET, $TTD, $CRM - working...
- bRobert: $TGH flag Target 1 $30 . $TRTN should be waking up soon.
- bRobert: $TGH flag/ trigger Target $29+
- bRobert: $TGH cup/handle
- singlemalt: @bRobert $TRTN $TGH I've followed $TGH for years. It used to have a good dividend. Had trouble getting through the $16 level the last 2 years, which it finally got passed for real last August, with a nice shake of weak hands (me) in September. It's now on a great run, having just broken out of a bullish flag and squeeze. I "heard" they're raising rates on their containers, and aside from a great growth stock, I would expect them to reinstate the dividend before long, giving income investors reason to own again, adding buy and holders. I've been focused on undervalued energy, and sitting on too much cash, but with a surgery scheduled Tuesday, and markets on an [unsustainable?} trajectory, I'm under invested for the moment. Both of these names are buys in due time.
- bRobert: @singlemalt $TRTN $TGH Good luck on your surgery. The market is extended. Bullish markets can get even more extended. There are a number of high quality stocks at reasonable /cheap valuations. Eventually money will find them.
- singlemalt: @bRobert $TRTN $TGH Thank you. I look forward to getting off the bench and back in the game toward the end of the week if I'm lucky. Hope you and everyone here has a prosperous week.
- bRobert: @singlemalt $TRTN $TGH Good health is the best fortune. wish you well
- bRobert: $TRTN Waking up after a little rest. Shipping containers. Boring and simple. A Peter Lynch type pick. Ridiculously high revenue/earnings growth PEG < 1. 4.3% dividend kicker. Great holding stock. Look at the nice weekly. Add on pullbacks. $TGH similar without dividend. Great charts
- issues: @bRobert $TRTN $TGH = Textainer Group
- bRobert: $TGH Sale over
- spmeyers: @bRobert $TGH I got in this the other day -- do you have a target?
- bRobert: $TGH setting up . Cheap growth
- bRobert: $TGH Pop from great setup. Cheap. Long
- bRobert: $TRTN $TGH Low risk entries
- bRobert: $TGH MACD + ADX . cross
- spmeyers: $TGH looks like it wants to pop from this pennant (I think that's the name)
- bRobert: $TGH Nice squeeze above 50d Long. Cheap growth
- bRobert: $TGH $TRTN shipping containers work
- bRobert: $TRTN $CAI $TGH Catchup for lost time. All high growth $SAIA flag
- bRobert: $TRTN. $TGH Shipping containers. TRTN near support. Dividend . 4.5% TGH . flag. High short interest. blew out earnings.
- bRobert: $ODFL $TGH ODFL 20d bounce TGH flag
- bRobert: $TGH flag. Pkhase 2 High short interest
- bRobert: $TGH $ODFL TGH Flag ODFL 20wk bounce
- bRobert: $TGH flag bounce. ? phase 3 start High short interest
- bRobert: $TGH phase 2. High short interest
- bRobert: $TGH $XPO TGH Target 1 $24 acquired. Sold a trading portion. Raised stop on remainder. XPO Target 1 $75 acquired. (few days ago) Next target $82
- bRobert: $TGH Mentioned before Smaller version TRTN Earnings pop. Long leap calls along with TRTN. Looking at pullback XPO to add when bounces
- singlemalt: @bRobert $TGH NP, but have followed (and owned off and on) for a while. Used to pay a nice dividend. Possible good LT hold, probably will reinstate div. but would wait for a pullback.
- bRobert: $TGH small float. 12d to cover
- bRobert: $TGH Hit target 1 . $23. Next target $27 .
- bRobert: $CVGI . $TGH Bullish weekly . flag. high targets
- bRobert: $TRTN SAIA $TGH Working
- bRobert: $TGH perky. Basing.
- bRobert: $TRTN . $TGH TRTN gap filled. TGH . Starter. Target $28
- bRobert: $TGH Shipping containers (similar to TRTN) . Breakout from nice base. Target 1 $23.
- singlemalt: @bRobert $TGH This one had issues with the 16 level going back to 2015, but has put that behind it. Also had a dividend, suspended mid 2016, but with this strong performance, could well reinstate the div, adding potential buyers. Long too.
- bRobert: $TGH Another very high growth intermodal container shipping company (similar to TRTN). nh Target 1 $21 Target 2 $25+
- woodman: $TGH - a building materials stock been on fire.
- woodman: $TGH $TSCO - I haven't been trading for the past couple weeks. Wasn't happy with the chop then move down prior to the election, and at the same time have been too busy with work stuff to trade. I bought two things yesterday: $TGH and $TSCO. TGH moved off a bottom out of a v/s and up through the 50 day. It's having a huge day today. TSCO is holding up fine and still looks good on the chart as a revival trade if it can keep it up. It has moved back up through the 50 day. The next hurdle will be the gap which starts about $2 higher.
- bnnybklyn: @woodman $TGH $TSCO nice
- venkat: I bought $DPLO at $31 and $TGH at $13 two days ago which are at $34 and $15 today.
- Tim S: Notable earnings before Tuesday's open $ALLT, $CBM, $CVS, $DF, $DWRE, $ETR, $GWR, $HCP, $HNT, $HSIC, $HUN, $ICE, $IR, $LGND, $LPLA, $MGI, $MMC, $MOS, $NNN, $OMC, $PCG, $PRLB, $RAI, $REGN, $SCOR, $SPAR, $TGH, ZTS
- Tim S: Notable earnings before Tuesday's open $AFSI, $AKRX, $AMED, $AMG, $AOL, $ARCC, $ARCO, $ASH, $BCRX, $BDX, $BPI, $CCC, $CHTR, $COCO, $CTSH, $CVS, $D, $DLPH, $DNR, $DTV, $DWRE, $DX, $DXM, $EMR, $ENR, $EXH, EXLP, $EXPD, $FE, $GLDD, $GTIV, $HCA, $HCN, $HL, $HPT, $HSIC, $HST, $HW, $ICE, $IFF, $ISIS, $KORS, $KWK, $LBTYA, $LPX, $MITT, $MNTA, $MOS, $MPEL, $MPW, $NNN, $NTLS, $NXST, $ODP, $OMX, $OWW, OXF, $OZM, $PMC, $PQ, $RDC, $REGN, $REN, $RHP, $RIGL, $RRD, $RRGB, $SRE, $TGH, $TMUS, $TRGT, $TRP, $VSI, $XPO, $ZBRA, $ZINC, ZTS
- pcotton: $TGH - I posted on this 4.7% yielder 9/12. Threatening to take out local high ($40.) Watching to buy.
- fredsfreedom: $TGH - phase 3 with bounce off 50 dma
- pcotton: $TGH - good price action surpassing the 200 dma after multimonth selloff after a strong early 2013 rally. I bought it back a couple days ago when it peaked over the upper BB. Sorry I didn't mention it then. Currently it's back to a consolidation level of May-June 2013, so may stall here awhile. The co. rents shipping containers and pays 5% #dividend. Incidentally the $SEA shipping $ETF is among the top sectors the past couple weeks and has been on a tear.
- Tim S: Notable earnings before Tuesday's open $ACM, $ADM, $AFSI, $AKRX, $ALLT, $ARCC, $ARCO, $AYR, $BPI, $CCC, $CHTR, CMLP, $CNK, $CTSH, $CVS, $D, $DBD, $DISH, $DNR, $DWRE, $EMR, $END, $ENDP, $EXPD, $FBN, $FE, $FOSL, $GGS, $HAR, $HCN, $HPT, $HSIC, $ICE, $IFF, $ISIS, $KORS, $KWK, $LIOX, $LPX, $MGM, $NRGY, OAK, $OMX, OXF, $PH, $POZN, $PQ, $RDC, $REGN, $RIGL, $SATS, $SE, $SEP, $SMG, $SPR, $SRE, $STWD, $TA, $TAP, $TDG, $TDW, $TECD, $TGH, $THC, $TICC, $TRGT, $VSI, $WMC, ZTS
- pcotton: $TGH - I rode this up in January, sold off the top, and it has settled down for months. Now I note a long #squeeze, an inside week and inside day, an up-step in the daily range, and big end-of-day volume on the 15 yesterday. I think it's poised for a breakout and I plan to buy some. I forgot to mention it's at 38.2% fib level. 50 dma overhead would be nice thesis point if it goes over.
- msb: $TGH - Look at the run this stock has had on the daily chart. When it broke out, from the $IHS at 32, I kept waiting for a pull back to buy. Never came.
- msb: $TGH - Speaking of shipping, this is a great $IHS bottom and breakout. Long now, but a better entry would be on a pullback to the neckline. Edit - it should find resistance at the 200 dma and maybe then pull back to test support at the neckline.
- fredsfreedom: $TGH - msb, thanks for the heads up, I wanted to get long off the 50 dma, at the last pull back, but lost track of it.
- msb: $TGH @fredsfreedom - that would have been a great entry. Let's see if we get a small pull back over the next couple of days to test the neckline...
- Hilaire007: $TGH - @jojo1480 - Thanks to you I put this on my radar today. I'm a little sheepish because it has had 4 up days but on the daily it looks as if the 20 is going to cross the 50. Is it rolling over in your opinion? Should I wait to see if it goes closes well today?
- jojo1480: TAL- @Hilaire007, don' t forget little bros. $TGH, BBand expansion to the upside, same shipping containers. Long
- Hilaire007: $TGH - Thanks jojo1480! Will take a look at the chart now. $PAY still working before earnings, @eh?
- jojo1480: OCZ= iCamillion, have about 2500+ stocks in my data sphere, i peek at them and see how they are performing, I read a lot- the curse of needing only 3hrs of sleep. Keep an eye on a couple of old fave containers transport $TGH and TAL.
New 52 week lows include: $ACW, $ADM, $ADVS, $AEIS, $AF, $AFAM, $AFL, $AGII, $AGO, $AIG, $AKAM, $AKS, $ALL, $ALNY, $ALR, $AMCC, $AMED, $AMKR, $AMSC, $ANAD, $ANR, $ANW, $AOL, $ARAY, $ARC, $ARI, $ARRY, $ART, $ASEI, $ASIA, $ATHX, ATPG, $AUO, $AUXL, $AV ...
- fredsfreedom: $CMRE - nice positive activity in a few dry bulk / container shippers yesterday. ie $DAC broke out with $TGH an intermodal container management co. also $SB is bouncing on the 50 dma , money moving into this sector late yesterday afternoon.
- Miki: $TGH - +4% transport. growth stock ( peg 0.75)3.7% DIVY nice chart long 2day
- Golf77: @sueinvenice. Yea when compared to $TGH this has a lot of room to go. $TGH has a 3.68% yield. If $BOX could trade up to where it has a 3.68% yield that would be a $21.70 stock. $BOX pays a .80 #dividend. if you give it a 5% yield your talking a target of 16 plus. That what I am shooting for. Over time and if $BOX can prove itself maybe you get a comparable multiple. I look for Technicals first and follow it up with fundamentals to confirm my buys. Good Luck Get on board......
- dlylis: $TGH - @Henry, jojo suggested I look at $TAL and I have to agree that he is correct on this one. I am no longer keeping company with TGH. Any reason you ask?
- Henry: $TGH TAL I am interested in rail and related companies. I was wondering if there was a fundamental reason why $TGH wasn't performing and $TAL is.
- jojo1480: $TGH TAL- @Henry, $TGH operates the leases for different trans cos., $TAL owns and operates their own. I sold out of $TAL and wait for better entry point. $TAL does pay a nice #dividend. No positions.
- dlylis: $TGH - I have posted on this a couple of times. I am befuddled by TGH. For those of you who follow the railfax report every Thursday you might have noticed that the Intermodal sector of rails has been going up nearly parabolic as compared to the cyclical and baseline traffic. I don't get it. This is what $TGH does in the leasing and management of containers worldwide. I have held a starter with no stop for a while now with the expectation when the DJ-20 took off, so would rails and TGH. Maybe there are too many containers and the price is suppressed. Any rail aficionados have a comment? This looks like a bottom now, but so it did 5 days ago as well.
- jojo1480: TGH- so why fight the tape, looking at the daily chart, the 50dma is sloping down, the price is at the lower BB, and the wkly chart doesn' t look any better. $TGH, they manage lease containers. $TAL own their chassis and containers, and have a much better daily and wkly charts. Long TAL.
- Golf77: dlylis $TGH broke trend a long time ago. I have own this name in the past. Insiders sell a lot. I would not be shocked if they issue a secondary. They went public at 16 have a fair amount of debt. By the way the report earnings on November 4th. Something smells.
- dlylis: $TGH - I am not fighting the tape with this one. I have done OK with it in the past and the remainder is my "stay involved position". Frankly, I am down about the cost of a pizza (no pepperoni). I agree something smells. I may just cut it loose and start with $TAL, when and if the time comes.
- dlylis: $TGH - I would like a little input from the tranny/rail followers. I have been watching $TGH closely with a 10 share position for a while. I upped the ante considerably based upon the trans breakout, but more importantly, the intermodal rail traffic loadings is darn near the levels of 2006 2007 2008 and has exceeded 2009. This is based upon the 13 week average. The story is good. If you look at the business that $TGH is in, you can understand my frustration at getting stopped out of the position back to the 10 shares this morning. $TGH is not moving with the data on rails, rather it is moving against it. Back at the first of the month it formed a nice pennant but then broke down. Thoughts?
- dirk: $TGH - dlylis hi, that daily doesn't look good, the 20,40,50 day $MA curling over. It it holds the 200 day, maybe it can form a bottom. On the weekly the 40 week is at 23.56, the close I have is 24.29. I can't say I'd sell the small position you have (I would if it closes below the 200day or 40 week MA's) but I don't think I'd be adding here either. Now I know zero about the fundies, but the charts just don't look good to me, just MHO. Best my friend, Dirk
- Henry: $TGH I have to wonder about the fundamentals, their competition and the replacement cycle for containers. Container traffic has been smokin but that's compared to a depressed year. Maybe they have these things stacked up in the AZ desert next to jetliners.
- jojo1480: muwe, you might want to put $TAL and $TGH on the radar, a couple of intermodal container cos. $TAL, owns the containers and leases it out, $TGH, manages the leases of containers. Position long $TAL, Vsqueeze tighter and volume is increasing, pays 1.20 #dividend, ylds ~6.7%, getting paid while you wait it out.
- jojo1480: TAL- looking at the $MFI (buying on the offer in this case), this stock is the 4th "buying on weakness", in Barron's market data center. Normal volume is ~162K, and today ~650K, so what gives? I was in this stock 3-6mos ago, wkly trading at the mid BB, the daily is more interesting, looking at a Vsqueeze, I am going with the flow of the crowd and just pu a position. The fundies in this intermodal leasing co is pretty good. fwd PE 11.3, $PEG .9, div $1.40, ylds 5.7%. Also, take a look at $TGH same business as TAL. Long TAL.
- dlylis: DJ-20 - An interesting phenomenon is that I have 17 stocks in my Tranny watchlist (rails, trucks, $FDX, $UPS, $WAB, $TGH, $TAL, AYN) and most of them do not look as promising as the DJ-20. I am going to have to go back and look at the primary drivers to yesterday's price action.
- dlylis: $TGH, $TAL - I just want to point these out. Low risk entry on $TGH and $TAL appears to be lagging a bit behind. These are container leasing and logistics companies. The Intermodal business is doing pretty well right now.
- fishpatience: $AMT TGH $MELI CTSH In addition to @Dan's Lucky 13 (Caught my first large mouth bass on a plug called Lucky 13 about 70 years ago! Still got the plug.), I have positions in these 4 that are above the 10 day-sma on the weekly and above the 7 day-sma ...
- aragorn555: $TGH - @Fishpatience - thanks for mentioning this one. I like the pattern and I have my eye on it. I am not sure if you brought this to my attention the other day but it looks interesting and I am starting my $DD on it. It trades a little thin and therefore it can gap like it did this morning on very little volume, but the trend is up and one can use that to their advantage especially on down days to pick it up and trade. Thanks again
dlylis: $TGH - I posted on this company a few days ago.
Textainer Group Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in the purchase, ownership, management, leasing, and disposal of intermodal containers worldwide. It leases dry freight containers, ...
- jojo1480: TGH- an alternative would be $TAL, if the economy is improving your better off with $TAL, owners of intermodal containers and chassis, whereas $TGH manages the containers for other shippers. Used to be in both, currently no position.
- jojo1480: TGH-dlylis, it 's ironic that on my Fid ATP, the price alert I had set for $TGH at below 26.10 was set off at 9:48 am today. Its sitting at the usual support level thinking of taking a position today. I am in at 26.33
- dagdog: $TGH : dlylis...impressive. Nice move today. Too bad I missed! Good call to you an jojo on this one!
- dlylis: $TGH - I want to bring attention to $TGH in the tranny space. This periodically breaks above the channel and has been in an uptrend for some time. They operate in the container space which is key to intermodal railcar which is the best performing sector in rails. I got out of this and got stopped out of my core being too cute with tight stops. I am looking to get back in, and that looks like it is going in the right direction for that.
- jojo1480: $TAL TGH- Here are a couple of intermodal container types in the transportation community. I brought $TAL up many mos. ago and the stock has performed quite well with a 3.4% div yild., i sold out earlier this week. $TGH is in the same space, except they manage the containers for other cos., whereas $TAL owned and leased the equipment. $TGH chart is more consistent, it's in an uptrend with lower lows and higher highs, support can be define as the 50dma, secondary indicators are trending up nicely. Long TGH.
- dlylis: $TGH - I got stopped out in a momentary spike down. I am keeping tighter stops in this environment. Unfortunately it ran back up right away and I was at the bank for 15 minutes. Is it foolish to enter an OTO order for 2 % trailing stop loss if the stock advances to a price, let's say 2% up from the stop that you buy it back? I have never done it and don't know if it is advised in such a volatile market. I am just using the % as examples.
- dlylis: $TGH - If you are interested in the transportation space, please take note of this chart. This is in an uptrending channel and has bounced. The company is in rental and leasing of containers in the intermodal shipping space. The lower high bothers me a bit.
- jojo1480: $TGH, $ACET, $AYR, $TAL - Stock trading near or at the weekly upper BB, just a few ideas if your interested in the transportation sector distribution cos. (ie containers, etc) . gone surfing at Swami's, day is to nice to be sitting in doors!! Long TAL.
$TGH is a small cap cargo container company. Very illiquid, trading only about 100,000 shares a day, so watch out for that. You might have to wait to get your sell order filled unless it's really moving up. Consolidating in a three month ascendin ...
|Stock Price||$USD 9.49|
A holding company, which operates as a lessor of intermodal container.Request Video of TGH
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 6th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 87.72 6.60%
- $USD 24.07 5.55%
- $USD 26.05 3.60%
- $USD 17.24 -31.87%
- $USD 26.01 -23.26%
- $USD 14.90 -22.18%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!