Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:SRPT)
Old Forum Content for SRPTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DAN: $MTCH - Keep an eye on MTCH for a swing trade. Also looking at $SRPT, $SQ, $CDNA $HQY. Just a lot of stocks that are coming off the bottom of their ranges. No telling how much headroom there is, but the buying is strong.
- Kasey: @DAN $MTCH $SRPT $SQ $CDNA $HQY Thanks, now I am staring at $CDNA. SO close to 50d and it hasn't dropped far below 50d past few times. Hard ceiling around $30. It seems like a good entry today for swing trade, with stop around $25.69?
- woodman: $HUM $SRPT - I'm unlikely to do a lot today or this week, but I bought some $HUM this morning. I also added to $SRPT which I started buying back around $115. Generally speaking, my trust level remains low.
- woodman: $SRPT moving off bottom of range/200d.
$SRPT – holding at $110. Focus on being patient rather than lowering your standards when there’s nothing attractive that meets your standards.
$LFVN – still holding up...but it’s just the best of a really bad bunch of stocks ...
- woodman: $SRPT - well, if you've wanted to try for some of this one, this is probably where to try. With a stop, for sure.
- woodman: $SRPT nice bounce off 200 day, higher high from yesterday.
- woodman: @KemoSabe $DXCM $OLLI $WLL - $SRPT $BIB
- KemoSabe: @woodman $DXCM $OLLI $WLL $SRPT $BIB Good ones Woodman. Nice pops and hope they continue. Little late for me to jump aboard, but will watch them.
- woodman: $SRPT - Keep on the radar. I think this is gonna go higher.
- woodman: $SRPT has had a nice move as it works on the right side of a "W." It's now moving back up through the 50 day at the middle part of the "W"
- steve71: @woodman $SPX Are you still long $SRPT? Holding into ER? NP here, but watching.
- woodman: @steve71 $SPX $SRPT - On the sidelines for now. Not sure if I'll buy back for the corporate updates.
- woodman: $SRPT up through the 50 day.
- woodman: $SRPT has been strong the last few days. Quite a pullback. About to hit the 50 day from underneath.
- woodman: $SRPT – Preparing for WMS-2018 Presentation https://www.chimeraresearchgroup.com/2018/10/srpt-preparing-for-wms-2018-presentation/
- bsafriet: $SRPT @Woodman. Did anything definitive ever turn up in the way of news that was responsible for sparking the sell off? Thinking about entering but thought I’d check with you first. I only found the Twitter post that I sent you earlier.
- woodman: @bsafriet $SRPT - No. It's last minute money deciding what to do before the data amc today, IMO.
- bsafriet: @woodman $SRPT Txs for getting back to me. Best wishes!
- woodman: @bsafriet $SRPT - same to you!
- woodman: @bsafriet $SRPT Buyers have been coming back in all day.
- shoredriver: $SRPT....Dr Mendell announced seemingly great results at the awaited conference.....
- Geewhiz: @shoredriver $SRPT After hours stock down 3.88. Sell the news?
- woodman: @Geewhiz @shoredriver $SRPT - I think we could get some sell the news given the high valuation, but this looks like good news to my layman’s eye. I held mine through. I have a pretty decent sized position and added a wee bit more today when it bounced and turned green. http://investorrelations.sarepta.com/news-releases/news-release-details/sarepta-therapeutics-announces-23rd-international-congress-world
- bsafriet: $SRPT Entered 1/2 position going into the close. Hoping that the A/H pullback is a sell the news event. I didn't see anything to be concerned about in conference presentation either. Set a generous stop.
- woodman: @bsafriet $SRPT - It closed afterhours UP 2.5%. Baird PT 202. Positive on data from fourth patient in DMD gene therapy program. Microdystrophin GT continued to impress with updated data at WMS, including out of this world expression data and compelling functional data.
- shoredriver: @woodman $SRPT holding position...any weakness will be buying
- steve71: @bsafriet $SRPT The CEO mentioned another clinical trial, with attendant expense and risk of untoward results. And we haven't heard from Pfizer yet. Sarepta's compound addresses one genetic variant while the Pfizer's gene edit potentially does more. But Sarepta has additional pipeline as well. My guess is that some holders have big profits and want to cash some chips.
- bsafriet: $SRPT @Woodman I can't vouch for the credibility of this Twitter post, but here it is: 57@Legalking57 10/1/18, 6:16 PM "$SRPT I'm sure the drop was tied to the announcement from Morgan Stanley early today that $SRPT was delaying two of their trial results by almost a year SRP14053 and 4045 from 9/18 to 6/2022" Unless he made a typo in this post, looks like 4 years. Any MS customers onboard that can confirm? Haven't seen anywhere else. Best wishes.
- woodman: @bsafriet $SRPT - I think there's more to it; you have to weed through not only his posts (he's got 4 followers, so there's that) but also others who regularly post about SRPT. Something is up, but that guy/gal's post seems to concern the timeline in the EU, not the U.S. Moreover, others who regularly follow SRPT are focusing on the coming data on 10/3 and presentation as the WMS on 10/4. Folks could just be bailing out of the stock b/c they don't want to be in when the data are presented. Sounds like SRPT has a lot to present on 10/4.
- woodman: @bsafriet $SRPT - Thanks for your post. I appreciate it.
- bRobert: $SRPT Will LOOK for 20d bounce
- woodman: $SRPT - I can't find any news serving to cause this down draft. I have a bunch, but it's making want to add. Not today, though.
- woodman: $SRPT - I did see that it is presenting at a big conference tomorrow, but not seeing anything negative associated with that.
- steve71: @woodman $SRPT Rumor that $PFE presents competing mini-dystrophin GT data this week. np
- mopick: @woodman $SRPT, on top of a upgrade from Cantor, target price of $217.
- woodman: @steve71 $SRPT $PFE - I did see something about $PFE. Saw others speculating on something from $SLDB. Seems unlikely that, even if true, it would be a major threat to SRPT in the near term, though, doesn't it? What do you think?
- steve71: @woodman $SRPT $PFE $SLDB My guess is that after the $PFE data is public it will be a good time to buy $SRPT. Studies are apparently not on identical cohorts.
- woodman: @steve71 $SRPT $PFE $SLDB Thanks.
- woodman: $SRPT continues to impress.
- bRobert: $SRPT . c&h like high base . Flag. Steady in the wind. NO sellers. $185+ . with trigger
- woodman: $SRPT catalysts identified here. There are many: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dml_5UVUYAAwuKZ.jpg:large
- woodman: $SRPT popping.
- woodman: $SRPT - eating its spinach.
$SRPT – woodman mentioned. Looks very much like $RH looked. Stop below 50 day MA.
$BILI – forum stock this morning. I would wait and watch for o
$CHEF – doesn’t trade much, but was difficult to buy today. Do NOT start a n ...
- woodman: $SRPT $ICPT both working well.
10. $SRPT – Alert $145
11. $TSLA – Do NOT be a Musketeer. You are going to regret it. Here are some (though not all) reasons to avoid:
a. “Funding secured” – two class action suits. One by longs; one by shorts.
b. SEC ...
- bRobert: $NITE Recent IPO Spec biotech play specializing in the treatment of rare inherited retinal diseases LOVE the WEEKLY chart. Target $32+ Trigger >$22 Small float . Starting a position today. Will add later on dips as stock moves to the upper right corner. I have a larger than usual stable of good spec medical plays with very high upside. They are all relatively small positions. All are in the green with above break even stops. I will scale up significantly when justified by the price action. A SMALL portion of your portfolio should be devoted to spec stocks. That tiny investment can mushroom into large $$$ with a winner or two due to out sized gains. $COOL $GBT $INSP $TDOC $CARA $GWPH $SRPT $NITE (today) and a few others. Again, plant small seeds. Monitor which ones take root and blossom.
- bizmodal: $SRPT maintaining its trend with respect to the 50-day
- woodman: @bizmodal $SRPT - poised to move higher. Lots of catalysts between now and Feb 2019. I have a goodly sized position.
- greenpatrol: $SRPT triggered an inside month and up at 141.04 today
- woodman: $SRPT looks like it is setting up for a move higher, with good room for a decent move higher. Over the last few weeks it's been grinding its way along the rising 50 day, in a base, and over the last two weeks has been working on resistance. It looks poised to move up and out soon.
- bRobert: @woodman $SRPT Stock moving news expected in SEPT. No edge on news. Long on chart
- woodman: @bRobert $SRPT - I know there are a number of catalysts coming in 2018 through Feb. 2019, but do you have any specific dates, particularly for the nearest ones?
- bRobert: @woodman $SRPT NOPE. I figure when I get an alert that it made a nh , that is the date. ;)
- steve71: @woodman $SRPT Like other of my dolorous warnings, this is probably way early. But tuck it away. From www.sciencedaily - "Scientists have developed a CRISPR gene editing technique that can potentially correct a majority of the 3,000 mutations that cause Duchenne muscular dystrophy by making a single cut at strategic points along the patient's DNA." This is years away, so SRPT should remain the answer for a long time.
- bRobert: $SRPT . up pm. and pushing out the top. Long . Buy the pb/bounces
- Robert1965: @bRobert $SRPT would buy now
- bRobert: $SRPT Trade set up running in to SEPT news
- bRobert: $SRPT 9d to cover Could get interesting with an ooze out.
$SRPT – buying this here. Stop below $130. Alert $135.65.
$DPZ – IBD highlighted this after the bell. But it does look ok. Worth watching.
$FARO – “This a flag pattern?” Traditional “flag” ...
- bRobert: @gwenzee $GILD Not my favorite of the group. These are $AMGN $VRTX $CELG $BIIB . $REGN . $SRPT spec play
- gwenzee: @bRobert $GILD $AMGN $VRTX $CELG $BIIB $REGN $SRPT I have NP in any of these.
- bRobert: $SRPT Perky . Setting up
- bRobert: $SRPT nice . set up.
- woodman: @bRobert @Steve71 $SRPT - I'm not a doctor or scientist, and I've been fooled by #Biotech companies before - in fact, many times - but for what little it's worth, this one seems to being doing the right things and well poised for the future. Steve, Robert, any thoughts on this company (outside its chart)?
- bRobert: $SRPT . Eying the pullback to add shares
- bRobert: $SRPT low risk entry
- woodman: @bRobert $SRPT - I pretty much always keep a position in this one. I added last week as my inventory was low.
- woodman: $SRPT rocking this morning. I added.
- woodman: $SRPT - analysts are going bonkers of this one today.
- woodman: $SRPT reports after the close.
- woodman: Implied moves for earnings this week (m=mthly): $HEAR 24.8% M $TWLO 14.2% $WTW 12.2% $ETSY 13.5% M $Z 8.4% $SNAP 16.9% $DIS 4.1% $MTCH 10.6% M $WB 8.5% $KORS 9.5% $SINA 8.5% $ROKU 12.6% $BKNG 6.0% $SRPT 8.8% $NTES 6.3% $DBX 11.5% $OLED 11.0% $AAOI 13.6% $GOOS 13.7% $AAXN 12.3%
- gwenzee: $SRPT $BIIG AH has not been kind to these either. NP
- woodman: $SRPT slowly creeping back up. I've been re-accumulating after selling the big pop a few weeks ago.
- woodman: $SRPT - BBs still quite wide, so may need to do some work here. But I think this is done pulling back after the big pop on news. I sold that pop and have started buying it back this week.
- traderbren: $SRPT - getting a bid.
- woodman: $SRPT - Interesting spot here. Looks like it is going to hold the gap (135.73 intraday low of 6/19) after dipping into it a little. Low risk spot to buy it with a stop somewhere under today's intraday low 134.13.
- woodman: $SRPT - the primary range of new price targets, fwiw, is $163 to $204. One outfit is feeling especially saucy and gave it a $267. I don't put faith in analysts' ratings and price targets, though I admit they often provide a knee-jerk move in a stock in the short term. But all these folks are now playing catch up given yesterday's move. All I know is that the chart now tells me that new support is ~ $136.
- woodman: For what little it may be worth: GS #Biotech stocks where GS analysts see the highest M&A probability: $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT
- shoredriver: @woodman $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT #Biotech .....$CLVS.....ugly memory.......
- woodman: @shoredriver $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT #Biotech - BMRN has been on that list forever. Broken clock. Eventually they will be right about it getting bought.
- gwenzee: @woodman $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT #Biotech I've been waiting for someone to scoop up INCY for quite awhile. At least it has come off of the recent lows. Someone is throwing me a lifeline which I really need on this one.
- baronp0329: @gwenzee $ONCE Day trading $SRPT and I saw how other gene therapy stocks reacted like $ONCE. From Reuter's yesterday: Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Sarepta is among a clutch of drugmakers trying to develop successful gene therapies that hold promise for people with rare genetic diseases including DMD and spinal muscular atrophy. Sarepta’s stock climbed as much as 67.7 percent to a record high of $176.60, before trimming gains to around 33 percent. Shares of other companies developing gene therapies, including "Solid Biosciences and Spark Therapeutics", also surged on Tuesday.
- gwenzee: @baronp0329 $ONCE $SRPT Luxturna was approved this year. Don't know how many patients have been treated with this gene therapy. It is pricey at almost $1,000,000. But......it is a cure.
- baronp0329: @gwenzee $ONCE $SRPT Wow...treatment is very expensive. My daughter just graduated from University of San Diego with a Masters in Bioinformatics. Genentech in San Francisco just hired her and hopefully she'll also be working on some interesting Biotech projects.
- gwenzee: @baronp0329 $ONCE $SRPT Congrats to your daughter. Biotech is most interesting. Yes, Luxturna is expensive but ONCE is, in essence, giving a money back guarantee. If it doesn't work you don't pay. Unusual for a biotech to say the least. What is a cure worth to someone who is blind? Would you pay the price to see your daughter? your wife? a sunrise? a sunset? your first hole in one (if you're a golfer)? etc. etc.
- baronp0329: @gwenzee $ONCE $SRPT True, hard to put a price to be able to see again. Glad you brought up golf...I've had 2 hole in one and it was magnificent!
- woodman: $SRPT - big data day for this one. Still halted, but the data sound good from what I can tell. My fingernails are much shorter this morning than they were last night. I'm sitting on a healthy position. https://www.statnews.com/2018/06/19/sarepta- ...
- woodman: $SRPT - trade resumes at 10:35. This should be interesting.
- steve71: @woodman $SRPT The science is beautiful and the patients really deserve a breakthrough. Hope it goes well. np
- Sher: @woodman $SRPT - You have been so right on this one and are going to make gazillions! Good for you!! - Am so kicking myself for not picking up a few call positions, recently, as intended... (sigh)
- shoredriver: @woodman $SRPT congrats.....
- greenpatrol: @woodman $SRPT Nice one. Congrats!
- woodman: @steve71 $SRPT - you are right, they do. Great for the kids and families.
- Reif99: @woodman $SRPT $SLDB is apparently involved in that too, and is up 15%. I was in SLDB last month, brekout fake out, stopped watching it. Could have gotten in yesterday. Oh well.
- kt4000: $SRPT - WOW +56% congrats to who owned it
- woodman: @Reif99 $SRPT $SLDB - yes SLDB in sympathy. I think it's decently behind SRPT in the process,, though.
- GOOSE: $SRPT @Woodman I hope you had a thousand shares. ;>)
- woodman: $SRPT - thanks, folks. Very kind of you. I'm out now. I'll watch from the sidelines for a day or maybe rest of week to see what it does and ponder re-entry. Seems like a bright future for the company and the afflicted children.
|Stock Price||$USD 122.26|
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc discovers and develops RNA-based therapeutics for the treatment of rare and infectious diseases. Its lead product candidate is eteplirsen.Request Video of SRPT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- A look at Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. -- A Falling KnifeBy Dan November 12th, 2013
- May 2nd, 2019 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 5.84 140.71%
- $USD 5.35 87.06%
- $USD 5.23 84.35%
- $USD 11.14 -45.68%
- $USD 226.88 -39.11%
- $USD 7.56 -37.32%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 61,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (61,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!