Old Forum Content for RHMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- KemoSabe: $RH - This with a lot of others is trickling out of the garden hose. Breaking through the 50 and 200 day. No position, just watching.
- RedLeaf1: @debeers $BA $BOOT $CAT $CYBR $RH $TOL $BEAT $UNH Thanks for the ideas.
debeers: $BA/$BOOT/$CAT/$CYBR/$RH/$TOL- Boeing, yet another court weighs in on Embraer deal but the deal will get done
$BOOT acquires naming rights to another music festival while country music is at an all time high: "She done somebody wrong" songs ...
- CraigReynolds: @debeers $RH $TOL Believe you are so correct. Time will tell but yes, America is a great country to invest. Like sector but my horse is $LEN.
- debeers: @CraigReynolds $RH $TOL $LEN -LEN is a great company. I think we start with the highest end and then go mass market $PHM
- debeers: $RH,$TOL- Any indication that the fed is now going to be data dependent will be a huge boon to these 2 domestic companies.Neither $TOL nor $RH have outside the US exposure. Long both. These are plays on jobs and spend by the high end returning if the market i going to turn around.
- CraigReynolds: @debeers $RH $TOL Do you know if $LEN have outside exposure?
- champ: @debeers $RH $TOL --- That will really be #Positive for the sector, #extremely-positive.
- debeers: @CraigReynolds $RH $TOL $LEN -Neither $TOL nor $LEN have exposure outside the USA (unless Cali has left the union this morning which, of course, is entirely possible).
- debeers: $CAT-bought yesterday $RH- rebought. They were going to have a fund raise and decided they didn't need it. If DAN's wife doesn't like their stuff so be it. I am sure she has lovely taste. I wanted to have something that couldn't be Amazoned where customers buy whole rooms. Their new store in Napa is off the chain. Don't think furniture. Think whole room interior design centers with a long term growth agenda for homes in the 2mm and up sector. If i can get another year out of it like the last, happy girl. Bonus Room: When Europe bottoms, they can go in unscathed.
debeers: @Henry @Woodman -$AMZN/$RH I think she uses the hairspray to weigh herself down. There's your santa claus elf right there, H.
By the way, I rebought $RH today at 129. I think there will be a Santa Claus rally and I wanted a stock that couldn't be
- DAN: @debeers $AMZN $RH #OT debeers, my wife has excellent taste. Particularly in men...but she's doing a bang up job with our home too. As a multi-decade bachelor, I can tell you that I'm happy she is getting rid of my cinder block & plank book shelves, and bean bag chairs with beer stains on them. She has totally classed up my life in every way. 8-)
- shoredriver: @DAN $AMZN $RH #OT ...But she IS leaving the lava lamp and bong blaster I take it.....
- debeers: @DAN $AMZN $RH #OT --Of course she does! She picked you, Danny
- DAN: @shoredriver $AMZN $RH #OT Yes. Some things are untouchable!!8-)
- traderbren: @DAN $AMZN $RH #OT - LOL..love the description...reminiscent of my early days before my better half move in. ;-)
- Lou: $RH - love the stores but I don't like the stock. I have a built in long term prejudice against "0ne and done" enterprises. Sure @DAN et ux purchased a lot of good stuff at $RH but when will they go back to buy more stuff. For LT investments I much prefer enterprises that develop and retain customer loyalty. Contrast the RH customer against the $ULTA customer. Run out of makeup and go right back to buy some and while there buy something else. Just a personal long term prejudice of a long term investor. Disclosure - I've never owned either of the two mentioned stocks.
- Motorman: @debeers $RH $ULTA So I have been in and out of $RH and was thinking about getting back in, but with housing possibly not a strong market, would RH still be a good investment?
- debeers: @Lou $RH $ULTA ---Well, in the future you could be right. $ULTA is UP 11.70% for the year but, at the same time, with all this market negativity, $RH is up 49.63%. People have only 1 face and multiple rooms in multi million dollar homes. When you buy from $ULTA, you take the stuff out of the store or it gets shipped to you. You pay nothing for their advice. Contrast that with $RH, most of whose customers aren't arriving in pickup trucks buying one thing so you get: charged for the consultant charged for material upgrades which will ALWAYS be recommended to you charged for delivery charged again as the consultant now needs to properly place things Lather, rinse, repeat because of course now the new room makes everything else look SO yesterday. Love you, sweet LOU, all the best.
- bigbartabs: @DAN $AMZN $RH #OT ... there is NO WAY I would let my wife get rid of rid of my cinder block & plank book shelves, and bean bag chairs with beer stains. And my extreme girl magnet keg end tables. No way . Although I do live in the garage now.
- Forexpro: @bigbartabs $AMZN $RH #OT That ain't a garage, it's a Man Cave. Revel in your freedom!
- shoredriver: $RH...no longer pursuing 300m convertible note deal......
- shoredriver: ....$RH....swimming upstream....
- shoredriver: ....$RH.....close to hod.....
- shoredriver: ....$RH....still going....
- DAN: $RH -- still waiting for the stock to pick a direction. Seems like it's peaking at $145.
- DAN: $RH -- short squeeze taking this stock higher. Don't be short.
- Junior1: @DAN $RH Staying above VWAP... not a short candidate yet
- DAN: @Junior1 $RH No. This is looking like a stock that is just not tradable either way. But if I had to pick, I'd be long rather than short. No way I'd be short at this point. That could change...but this is the type of stock that you can get shaken out of multiple times and do nothing but bleed money one trade after another. 8-\
- Junior1: @DAN $RH Short at 143.25.... buy stop at vwap, which is sloping downward... 59 minute max trade
- DAN: @Junior1 $RH Nice job, Junior. That'll work.
- Dan1946: $RH - hit its high today at $ 148.25?
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $RH RH. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=RH&clip=107585
- DAN: $RH -- this was a pretty tough trade. Could have made money on the short side, or the long side, depending on how you traded it and your timing. I made money on neither. I took a small loss shorting it and am out of it now.
- traderbren: @DAN $RH - agreed, very tough rotation...but managed to make a little dough to the short side, but had to keep my finger on the trigger...not ideal.
- alfred1939: @DAN $RH The first few minutes of trading RH looked like trying to stay on top of a raging bull.
- Bob G: @DAN $RH watched that for first 15 minutes and didn't have the guts to go either way. $AMAT and $ROST turned out to be the right shorts for this rookie.
- Reif99: @DAN $RH I'm short the weekly 150 calls. Was looking really good for a while but the bulls are pretty resilient.
- DAN: @alfred1939 $RH LOL. Yeah, and likely to get bucked off on either side, or over the horns -- which is always a bad thing.
- DAN: @Bob G $RH $AMAT $ROST Looks like the Rookie did OK this morning, Bob. Nice job!
- DAN: @Reif99 $RH Yes. Be careful. The short interest is really high, so there are probably a lot of short sellers that are liquidating their positions by buying the stock. This pushes the price up. So just make sure it doesn't get away from you.
- shoredriver: @DAN $RH ..Happy with my 18% ...am all out...
- Reif99: @DAN $RH Got out above the VWAP . Could have stayed longer but I don[t want to baby sit it. Plus, I had some earnings trades on from the day before I had to leg out of. Probably too much going on.
- Robert1965: @DAN $RH I shorted at 145. around 10:15, By the time I got my stop in it was down to 141.+ move my stop to 142.27, out at 10:30 take the money and run
- shoredriver: .....$RH...halted.....300m..possible note offering.....well doesn't that twirl your dreidel
- drotars: $RH Shore, what does this mean in price of the stock as it now stands?
- woodman: @shoredriver $RH $RH: RH Exploring Potential $300 Million Convertible Notes Offering Summary: CORTE MADERA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–RH (NYSE: RH) announced today that it intends to explore a potential offering of $300 million aggregate principal … Full article address: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181204005803/en/RH-Exploring-Potential-300-Million-Convertible-Notes
- shoredriver: @drotars $RH if they proceed likely dilutive...very glad I rang the cash register earlier.....
- DrScience: @shoredriver $RH The company "announced today that it intends to explore a potential offering of $300 million aggregate principal amount of convertible notes due 2023 in a private offering to qualified institutional buyers. In the event the Company chooses to complete the proposed $300 million offering, RH would expect to enter into convertible note hedge and warrant transactions that are designed to offset the effect of any dilution from the conversion of the notes up to approximately 100% over the common stock price at the time of pricing of the notes." In essence, the company is attempting to forestall the exact thing you're worried about. Of course, if the transaction takes place, short term traders won't like it.
- shoredriver: @DrScience $RH So.....you are buying he dip......
- DrScience: @shoredriver $RH Maybe, when it gets to $100. But, for now... just watching folks with deeper pockets revalue the stock.
- drotars: I think shorting $RH throughout today is/was a smart move. thank you, Dan. it was a real nail bitter there. your insights are always greatly appreciated.
- traderbren: @drotars $RH - yep, hindsight. I managed to take two bites at $RH to the short side; after the open, and then again after it came off halt. Now out.
- drotars: @traderbren $RH I did the exact same thing except I held it till after the hold period then sold. and as i watched it head further south re- shorted it again and dumped it when it went up two 15 minutes greens consecutively. I don't know why this gives me so much glee. but it does. it's not every day when you'r correct.
- shoredriver: $RH......ER release tonight after v.s Tuesday
- debeers: $RH- Consensus earnings are 1.27/share with a high of 1.33 and a low of 1.16. Revenue expected is 631.9 million a 6.65% increase over prior year. The Zach # is at 632 mm.
- debeers: GOVERNMENT FUNDING DEADLINE- pushed to 12/24--Christmas Eve. Really???. the 40% auto taxes have come of but the intellectual prop rights haven't been addressed. Meanwhile, $LULU is doing pretty much what we expected $LULU to do pre-earnings. $RH-although high end is iffy, should the interest rates remain low, either homeowners in the high end areas will plow more money into their homes or, having bought will feel more secure about redecorating. Many folks are curling up in their homes this year.
- debeers: $RH-REPORTS RECORD THRID Q RESULTS. Well, Yay!
- woodman: @debeers $RH - congrats!
- spmeyers: @debeers $RH shorts are sure feelin' it after hours -- up to 146 so far
- debeers: @spmeyers $RH -Short interest over 31%
- debeers: @woodman $RH -Thanks Mr. Woodman.
- Sher: @debeers $RH - "Holy Moly"... Good for you!
- shoredriver: @debeers $RH ...Yeah baby.........
- Henry: @debeers $RH If Cramer doesn't beat the drum tonight, he will probably have the CEO on tomorrow.
- shoredriver: ...$RH...Reports Tuesday...options pricing in a 12% move.....
- debeers: $RH-chicks tricks. W was up a lot today but here's the thing: $RH made more money last Q than W ever thought about making. Expecting a solid beat on 12/4. In any event, the stock should ramp into the earnings.Gwenzee, I have a sandwich here, do i not?
- shoredriver: ...$RH...up on a day like today...earnings on the 4th.....
$RH – 37% of float is short. Alert $130
$LFVN – still needs more work at $12. Alert $12.75
$OLLI – FOMO vs. FOLM? (Missing out vs. losing money).
$SCVL – failed breakout.
$SQ – holding up. Keep an eye on it. Would ...
- bRobert: $RH reversal setup in motion. Look forentry with move >50d. Stop just below. $160 target
- shoredriver: $RH....nice move so far today.....
- traderbren: $RH - creeping above the 50d, looking to fill the gap above.
- Greendayguy: $RH is comin' back hard!
- bRobert: @Greendayguy $RH $50d curling up. Would not be surprised to see this one to pop > 50d. Did well on the short side. Will look at the next pullback/bounce to evaluate long position.
- Greendayguy: @DAN #TRADING Thanks Dan, sounds like my day. i was up good on $TLRY, $RH, $CI and $GD at various times today, and they all tanked. But I had moved my stops several times so I got away with a small profit. I've been concentrating on capital preservation for the last month, and I haven't taken any big losses. I seem to be doing more day trading to control losses. Do you recommend that when one has a decent profit during the day to just sell? I've been moving my stop up, and eventually I do get stopped out, and my profit is about 60% of what it was if I would have just sold. Seems like a lot of work for small $, and I always feel bad about not having the profits that I could have. What do you think? Thanks in advance.
- alwayslearning: $RH anyone? I had an alert from Dan's videos at 150....anyone else have that?
- Reif99: @alwayslearning $RH Can't see much to do there.
- traderbren: $RH - awoke from the dead. NP but for those that bottom fished today.....well done.
- shoredriver: @traderbren $RH sure was.....likely going higher
- bRobert: @shoredriver $RH Short finally stopped out . after very nice run. Will follow for reenter
- DAN: @alwayslearning $RH Oversold bounce, but the stock is broken. I don't think there's an edge to be had here.
- shoredriver: @bRobert $RH Never had much consistent success on shorting stocks, much better at long side so that is what I stick with......
$SRPT – woodman mentioned. Looks very much like $RH looked. Stop below 50 day MA.
$BILI – forum stock this morning. I would wait and watch for o
$CHEF – doesn’t trade much, but was difficult to buy today. Do NOT start a n ...
- bRobert: @shoredriver $RH SMART. Trade what you know and do best. Not my usual trade. Usually long. This was a protective put that morphed into a bigger trade
- bRobert: $RH still short via puts. Stops raised. Looking for $120 bounce. Not sure how far. $100 target still in play from double top
- Wykeman: $RH trying to bounce PM
- Wykeman: $RH..
- bRobert: $RH upside down phase 2. Still short
- bRobert: $RH added to short via puts from above. Very green trade. . Double top target $100.
- bsafriet: @champ $OLLI #Good-Work #Crystal-Ball No crystal ball here - unless it’s the collective wisdom of all those that post to the Forum - yourself included. I’ve had jury duty, excused now after serving my time. Maybe I should sign-on for another tour? My only casualty was $RH which I stubbornly held over E/R even though it sold off the day of E/R. I just didn’t have the time to figure it out and stayed with my trade plan which blew up in my face! Out at end of week, and watching for a 2% reversal before considering re-entering. Been awhile since I made a mistake like that! All the best!
- champ: @bsafriet $OLLI $RH #Good-Work #Crystal-Ball --- Same to you....and keep posting those targets, when you first see them....I will check out the news feed....and then get back to you.....Off to the GYM, for now.
- Henry: $RH doing the bouncy kitty thing
- shoredriver: @Henry $RH yep.......
- bRobert: $RH weak bounce Be careful. $100 h&s top target still alive. Easier trades on the long side
- bRobert: $RH Short working VERY well Measured move target $100 We'll see how close we come. I started this trade with a partial long call spread position and a protective+ put. and have added. As I posted earlier, today's bounce was anemic and set up a secondary entry/add with a sell stop just above today's high. The protective put has been a huge winner. I usually don't leave home without it on earning's day (along with reduced long exposure)
- bRobert: $RH . short via puts. Not even a bounce yet. Will add on failed bounce.
- shoredriver: $RH....looking for the keys for the truck......
- traderbren: @shoredriver $RH - LOL....when you do, back it up. ;-)
- etmagic: has $RH seen the bottom? thoughts please
- DAN: @etmagic $RH Yes, I think it has. IT's broken and there is a lot of overhead resistance. But I think today's low of $122 is a significant low.
|Stock Price||$USD 131.07|
Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc operates as a luxury brands in the home furnishings marketplace offering furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, decor, outdoor and garden, as well as baby & child products.Request Video of RH
Already a member? Sign in here.
- March 27th, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- March 28th, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 57.99 47.18%
- $USD 171.37 37.16%
- $USD 7.76 36.44%
- $USD 86.15 -85.31%
- $USD 13.50 -66.88%
- $USD 7.96 -50.58%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 61,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (61,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!