Old Forum Content for RHMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- baronp0329: Implied moves for earnings next week: $CRON 10.8% $CCL 5.3% $KBH 9.9% $FIVE 9.1% $RH 14.4% $HOME 14.0% $PVH 8.5% $NBEV 22.1% $LULU 10.9% $TITN 15.4% $LEN 8.7% $KMX 6.9% $PAYX 4.7% $SCVL 14.3% $CONN 17.9% $FDS 6.1%
- mikespear: @baronp0329 $CRON $CCL $KBH $FIVE $RH $HOME $PVH $NBEV $LULU $TITN $LEN $KMX $PAYX $SCVL $CONN $FDS HI - thank you for your summary. I assume these are the moves the option market is pricing for? Are you doing any iron condor trades on specific stocks?
- baronp0329: @mikespear $CRON $CCL $KBH $FIVE $RH $HOME $PVH $NBEV $LULU $TITN $LEN $KMX $PAYX $SCVL $CONN $FDS Hi Mike. Yes, the implied move is the % move that a stock price will go up or down based on a binary event (i.e. earnings report). Dan has a great tutorial video on how to calculate this subject. Go to the videos section and you should easily find it. No, I don't have any specific IC plans for next week's earnings. I leave the IC recommendations to @bridget or @dan.
- shoredriver: $RH....Reports Tues after..Options implying 12% move...long.....
- shoredriver: ....$WSM...beats, guides up increases divvie and buybacks..Might bode well for $RH next week......long$RH....
- bRobert: $TGT Long Leap calls. Pin action in $COST $ULTA and others . $W /$RH short squeeze still working. Partials
- bRobert: $W this short squeeze deserves a nice dinner with all the fancy trimmings. Long partial after profits. $RH Gets an invite too Another WEEKLY bo Still early
debeers: $BOOT/$RH-So today we supposedly learn that Europe is in disarray (like we didn't know that, already??) Guess who has no European and no India and no Pakistan and no China exposure??? Oh, That would be Boot Barn and RH and, as far as RH goes,
- debeers: $BOOT/$RH/ vs.$JWN-Here you go- for 1 year $BOOT up 62.2-% and year to date 66.65% JWN meanwhile was -4.8% for 1 year (even though DAN has been known to buy his peep toe high heels there on the twice yearly sales) and up only 2.10% year to date.
- bRobert: @champ $XRT $BURL $COST $DDS $TJX $DG $ULTA $BBY $WSM $RH $W $PLCE setting up $ANF has possibilities. Many strong charts with upside.
- champ: @bRobert $XRT $BURL $COST $DDS $TJX $DG $ULTA $BBY $WSM $RH $W $PLCE $ANF --- I agree but remember this stock has a #major reason, this is having a nice move into earnings....and could continue...the guess is, that they are going to beat just like $WMT and $TJX did.....that is the reason...to maybe pick this one, for a short-term move....ER run. However, I don't know about earnings on all the others.
- debeers: $HD- As respects $HD the market said i'm wrong. Gave it the 2 i promised and still made a little but i've decided that i'd rather roll it into the $RH luxe play in the sector because these folks invest in their houses no matter what.
- bRobert: @debeers $HD $RH $RH short squeeze 38% $185 target
- Dale: @debeers $HD $RH Thanks for updating us
- bRobert: $W Short squeeze continuing along with $RH Holding on trailing stops Pain consult for the trapped shorts
- debeers: $MOH-down on the medicare for all hearings. Violated my rules so out and added to $RH today.
- bRobert: $WSM nice base breakout today $66+ target 18% short 10d Reports 3/13 This could run np yet Would make a nice trio with $RH $W longs
- riskmanager: @bRobert $WSM $RH $W How do you catch these? Do you run scans for breakouts? I am always late to the party so to speak. Thanks for your help in advance.
- debeers: $RH-added to position at 149.96. Luxe play much more than housing play.LONG
- bRobert: $RH . $185 . Wedge breakout in play still. ANOTHER short squeeze . 38% . 7+ days. This and $W . have worked very well for me as SPEC housing related retail. trades. Both huge short squeezes in motion. Trailers
If there is anything on any of my stocks,barring significant personal circumstances, you'll see it from me waaay before market opens as i am an early bird.. FD-LONG;$ BA, $BOOT, $CYBR, $NKE, $RH, $VLO, $XLNX.
You will never learn anything from me ...
- SAGCGP: @debeers $BA $BOOT $CYBR $NKE $RH $VLO $XLNX Wow thank you for a candid snapshot of the room. I am hoping to contribute as well. At this point, I need to get the lay of the land and checkout the posts from the sources you mention.
- debeers: @SAGCGP $BA $BOOT $CYBR $NKE $RH $VLO $XLNX -You are entirely welcome. I ask for help after i've done my homework. when i post, i try to give you the why i like something and why is better than others in its class. If there is anything you'd like to know about the co's i've mentioned, let me know. i am a big believer in performance. i'll let the others take chances on a turnaround co.
- debeers: $RH-No Europe, No worries, up again. Because, say it with me: "people with money have more money than people with no money." With discretionary stocks they make money when their target customer is either really well to do or feels so much better that they just wanna buy something for which they have been drooling. See how this works? On one side there is $RACE and $RH and on the other side there's $BOOT. No big secret and people always make this stuff much harder than it is. Common sense, as in any enterprise, is always your best asset. (same is true with $CYBR/$XLNX. $NKE, $BA). OT-I said that to a friend of mine the other day and he said that common sense is a lot more rare than one would think.
- bRobert: $W . My last order must have put them over the top. 27% . short 11 DTC Long and holding .with tighter stops . Partial profits. $RH . also holding . Housing /retail . pin action stocks.
- bRobert: $RH . 38% . short 7 Days TC . This is getting ridiculous Zoom out to the WEEKLY , my favorite. This W, awkward cup , has a $180+ MMT Long for a while. A massive short squeeze could really get this moving fast .Hang on tight A . 3 point safety belt a plus in order to deal with high G forces
- debeers: @bRobert $RH -strapped in Baby.. Lotsa cash and Friedman owns over 50%, Vanguard owns a slug as does BlackRockso anyone wanting in almost always has to pay up (and they should).
- debeers: @bRobert $HD $LOW $RH $LOWS $DSW $BOOT --Only 25% of $RH is available to the public.
- bRobert: @debeers $HD I own all but $LOW 7.28% + $ HD 4,25% $RH 8.25% WEEKLY result The $LOWS options I sold went through the roof . They are very cheap, liquid with small spreads. $HD similar $RH expesive, illiquid, wide spreads Both with WEEKLY MACD crosses BOTH going significantly higher Have a great weekend! Go to $DSW or $BOOT and get yourself a nice pair of ruby shoes .
- debeers: @bRobert$RH vs $LOW -OR you could own RH which manages to outperform the others handily Long RH. Of the 2 I'd rather own $HD and i guess i'm in the minority but that's my druther and i'm sticking to it.
- bRobert: @debeers $RH $LOW I've been in RH from triple bottom low. Both have great bases with upside. RH wedge $170s higher % move more likely. Both will work. $LOW cheap options with tight spreads.
- marrit: @debeers $HD $RH good morning, lechaim for cybr!!!
debeers: $HD/$RH for bRobert- facts and hips don't lie so just in case anyone wants some they are these:
Home Depot for 1 year the return is 4.9%--for 3 years the returns are 73%. Is there anything wrong with that? Nope
RH-formerly Restoration Hardware - the ...
- bRobert: @debeers $HD $RH Again I own all 3 in different proportions. I use options and can make a mountain out of a smaller move with a nice chart and bullish price action the outweighs the underlying % move in the stock. Very liquid options with tight bid/ask fills is $$$. I hold $RH , I trade $LOW $HD for now. I have held HD at times for a multi year period .
- bRobert: @debeers $HD $RH eg I have a CALL spread in $LOW that is extremely lucrative and will close out soon. The trade was set up accordingly with very cheap spread costs that are up over 300%. My returns from $RH will likely be far less
- debeers: @marrit $HD $RH sold most of mine yesterday. Idiot move when it violated the T line. I should have known that Newton Mass which is part of Chestnut Hill where i grew up , wouldn't let me down. I toast you and will rejoin on any pb although i expect nothing huge because they rocked it! Le Chaim to you and no challah for me tonight!! If i were a pup, i should be smacked on the nose for panicking on a great stock. Good on YOU
- debeers: @bRobert $HD $RH $LOW ----you are probably right. You manage many more positions than i do. Why are you still here today unless you already bought your wife a magnificent V day present?
- debeers: @marrit $HD $RH ----re: CYBR. i paid dearly to get out of most of mine whenit violated the T Line.Shame on me
- bRobert: @debeers $HD $RH $LOW She is a well kept woman. I hate nationally scheduled affection days I play along. But I much prefer bringing home tokens of my love on a no name day for no reason except the obvious.
- marrit: @debeers $HD $RH Sorry to read that. In any case the challah is on me. Sshalom
debeers: $RH-cannot stay today but thought you all would want to know this: @DAN always says-who is behind you when you invest?
Vanguard, hardly a cheerleader type of co., has a 12.93% stake in $RH.
BlackRock, smart and opportunistic, now owns 13.41 % of the ...
- debeers: $RH-Consider Wayfair and their competition with Ikea. Consider that there really is a whole lot more competition on the low end than the high end. LONG RH
- debeers: $RH- No one has told this luxe retailer that the economy is going to slow down. Just as the gorgeous mansions in the wine country got smokefied, the Napa store opened to help the wealthy restage their homes. I am expecting a huge beat in March. This isn't a furniture store--this is whole room design. You don't go there to see if you can get a sofa or a loveseat. You go there to create an atmosphere. I ask you, does anyone really need the 200,000 Lamborghini SUV? Really? No of course not. Upper end retail is about want and invidious distinction. Without it how could you possibly tell the haves from the have mores?
- bRobert: @debeers $RH $W . The less luxurious online retailer too
- debeers: @bRobert $RH $W - I bow to your expertise but frankly-- RH is to W as Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara, 0.27 oz. for $27.50 is to Maybelline--- In other words, not so much. One is in the Penthouse, one is in the outhouse.LOL
- woodman: @debeers $RH $W - Your description of the mascara *almost* makes me want to try it on. (And if I do try it on, no one here will know -- just sayin'.) I know nothing about $W, except that their advertisements make me want to vomit and/or smash my TV, but strictly from a chart standpoint, it's (ironically) putting in the right side of a huge "W" pattern. Chart pic: https://www.screencast.com/t/SFz7qtesYRxA All for what it's worth.
- debeers: @woodman $RH $W -You have such gorgeous lashes you don't need mascara. I got some end tables for the den from W-never again. the directions for putting them together were translated from the Chinese and they were backwards..
- woodman: @debeers $RH $W - LOL! I can't read Chinese backwards or forwards ;-)
- bRobert: $OSTK . along with $W . $RH . 2x normal volume $27.50 . measured move target Neckline $20 Short interest is 56% . 10d to cover
- veghead: Thanks for your updates.@debeers $BOOT $RH $SOXL $NKE $BEAT $HD
- bRobert: @debeers $BOOT $RH $SOXL $NKE $RACE $BEAT $HD Beat had a really healthy day. Pullback to test breakout bought. Pause that refreshes. Green from here can be bought $HD . $LOW . healthy day 2. Played hooky. $HD is a really nice setup . above $180 neckline
- gmj: @debeers $BOOT $RH $SOXL $NKE $RACE $BEAT $HD Thx for mentioning $BOOT this morning , in early and up 7% on the day.
- debeers: @veghead $BOOT $RH $SOXL $NKE $BEAT $HD -you are entirely welcome.
- gmj: @debeers $BOOT $RH $SOXL $NKE $RACE $BEAT $HD Thx for mentioning $BOOT early this morning , I got in early and am up 7% on the day. Thx again.
- debeers: $BA$BOOT/$RH/$SOXL/$NKE-/$RACE-pretty much ok. $BEAT not so much.LONG ALL Replaced $HD with $SOXL which i absolutely hated to do With 10 mins to go, in addition to our wonderful military heroes, there is an additional meaning to boots on the ground. $BOOT up over 8.90% today.
- bRobert: @gmj $BOOT $RH $SOXL $NKE $RACE $BEAT $HD @debeers literally gave you the $BOOT.
- debeers: @bRobert $RACE -No stopping high end: Estee isn't Maybelline, $RH isn't Bob's discount Furniture, Ferrari isn't Nissan.
- bRobert: $RH $W New furniture with that tax refund
- bRobert: $RH $W bullish refurnishing still working $TGT Slow and steady to $85 in the right lane. No speeding tickets I'm in no hurry.
- bRobert: $RH tight consolidation. $160 with range breakout. Watching $W W bottom $110 breakout target np
debeers: $RH-here's a little market secret i am sharing with you---i learned it a long time ago: pay attention to which stocks or which of your stocks go UP when the market goes down. On the 29th of December, a fugly day in the market,
here's what i found and ...
- debeers: $AAP, $BA,$IRBT,$BOOT,$CYBR, $HD,$IRBT, $NKE$RH-Strong and long.
- bRobert: @debeers $AAP $BA $IRBT $BOOT $CYBR $HD $NKE $RH You must be tired. Can I offer you an espresso?
- bRobert: $W . Reversal pattern . This and $RH .
- Motorman: @debeers $BOOT $RH Donny and Marie, I remember that show!
- debeers: $BOOT/$RH-Be like Marie and Donny-Be a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. I am going to make this so deliciously simple you'll love it : 1. NO MALL PRESENCE 2. MAKE YOUR PLACE A SPOTLESS INVITING DESTINATION 3. CHERISH YOUR CUSTOMERS BY GIVING THEM THINGS THEY WANT TO BUY FROM YOU ALONE BECAUSE YOU MAKE THEM LOOK AND FEEL SO GOOD 4. NO SALES You see how easy this is---of course, if you are really smart like Mr. Woodman or Ms. Gwenzee, you can give yourself a headache with all the "aminobabs" and "ocotils" but I ask you--don't you have something better to do like surround yourself with a showcase home like a painting or kick a little ass on Saturday night?
- debeers: @Motorman $BOOT $RH -And you look so much younger than that!
- Motorman: @debeers $BOOT $RH Thank you Ma'am. Appreciate your posts ;)
- scottrades: $RH just got a huge pump from Citron Research. They are giving it a $250 PT.
- shoredriver: @scottrades $RH ...Yep...and nice fat weekly calls to sell into earnings on 3/4
- debeers: $BOOT/$RH-Be a little bit country and a little bit Rock & Roll.$BOOT +3.5%/$RH 4%
- debeers: OT (or maybe not) -"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance." - David Mamet ... There's a lesson here. When the Pats coach was asked how he prepared, he said that he expected the other team to do what they always did. And he prepared for them accordingly. Stocks and people are really not all that different. People panic out at exactly the wrong time. If a company knows how to make money, skeered money will almost always lose. I'll be working on developing patience with an extremely difficult patient . You all have a great day. LONG: $AMED,$AMZN,$APA-from 27/ $BA/$BOOT/$LULU/$NKE/$RH/$SIVB bought on a gutter day from folks who don't know 1 bank from another. healthcare: $DXCM/$BHC Incidentally, if China exposure freaks you out, Amazon doesn't have any.
- debeers: $MHK versus $RH- !. year to date Mohawk touted in SMM is up 6.08% RH my pick is up 9.48% 2. 1 year return for Mohawk is( -53.5%) RH return is 41% 3. 3 year return for Mohawk is (-28.4%) for RH it is 85% 4. Growth for Mohawk is 2.68%, for RH is 45.55% The only reason to hold MHK is the belief that either the DeBoer boys will take their co private or that one of the homebuilders probably KB homes will buy them out. You have dead money meantime even if the rumors are true. If Morgan Stanley leaked this to one person, how many others has it leaked it to to get out of their position? With all the Europe drama--really?? Why not actually make money now in a totally domestic company. Why not be in $RH instead???? Today, $MHK garbage and $RH up in a down market.
- Margi1983: @debeers $MHK $RH I closed my $MHK trade today for $2 profit. Failed breakout above the 50 MA and better names available.
- debeers: $APA-bought at 27, now 29 $BA closed 340.53 +12.42 $AMZN closed 1656.55 27.07 $CYBR--up again $RH, $NKE, $LULU, all up $BOOT-@jslm who was really not nice about this one is 12 cents shy of 20 bucks Not one of these moves would have been able to have been made without a cooperative Fed. Can POTUS undo the whole thing? Sure he can. Has he learned anything from the last time he was pugnacious(-your word for the day)? Who knows? Only the fools and the liars.
- debeers: $AMZN/$BA/$BOOT/$CYBR/$RH/$LRCX/$RH/$ZBRA-working (for today at least) $LULU-not working (for today at least) $MA-working but went out for a cup o' joe today. Will be back Monday morning. (Probably going shopping) $LRCX-nice little morningstar (I think) $NKE-just make sure you're in it when the self lacing tennies come out. They promised right after the 1st. Will be huge not only for the would be athletes but also for paraplegics and those with any dexterity problems.Not to mention the Cool Factor-oh, oops! In my opinion, Amazon will see a surge if it moves up another 3.2%. I am expecting a series of analyst conferences prior to the 2/7 report.
- champ: @debeers $AMZN $BA $BOOT $CYBR $RH $LRCX $ZBRA $LULU $MA $NKE --- All my sister-in-laws...like there gift certification ...from $LULU, everyone is busy today and not really looking at $LULU @ $123...but this is going higher...the high was $161. LOL
- debeers: $BA/$BEAT/$DSW/$LULU/$MA/$RH/$AEO
- spmeyers: @debeers $AEO $BA $RH $BOOT $BEAT I'm waiting til $104 on RH
- debeers: @spmeyers $AEO $BA $RH $BOOT $BEAT --Well in the event that suddenky there's a 14.77 woosh down from here, I'll add...
- debeers: $AEO-Best of my retailers %age wise $BA-+ 19.77 $RH Boom shacka lacka lacka $BOOT-had to kick this one in the tushie $BEAT-just lovely $LULU/$MA
- spmeyers: @debeers $AEO $BA $RH $BOOT $BEAT
- KemoSabe: $RH - This with a lot of others is trickling out of the garden hose. Breaking through the 50 and 200 day. No position, just watching.
- RedLeaf1: @debeers $BA $BOOT $CAT $CYBR $RH $TOL $BEAT $UNH Thanks for the ideas.
debeers: $BA/$BOOT/$CAT/$CYBR/$RH/$TOL- Boeing, yet another court weighs in on Embraer deal but the deal will get done
$BOOT acquires naming rights to another music festival while country music is at an all time high: "She done somebody wrong" songs ...
- CraigReynolds: @debeers $RH $TOL Believe you are so correct. Time will tell but yes, America is a great country to invest. Like sector but my horse is $LEN.
- debeers: @CraigReynolds $RH $TOL $LEN -LEN is a great company. I think we start with the highest end and then go mass market $PHM
- debeers: $RH,$TOL- Any indication that the fed is now going to be data dependent will be a huge boon to these 2 domestic companies.Neither $TOL nor $RH have outside the US exposure. Long both. These are plays on jobs and spend by the high end returning if the market i going to turn around.
- CraigReynolds: @debeers $RH $TOL Do you know if $LEN have outside exposure?
- champ: @debeers $RH $TOL --- That will really be #Positive for the sector, #extremely-positive.
- debeers: @CraigReynolds $RH $TOL $LEN -Neither $TOL nor $LEN have exposure outside the USA (unless Cali has left the union this morning which, of course, is entirely possible).
- debeers: $CAT-bought yesterday $RH- rebought. They were going to have a fund raise and decided they didn't need it. If DAN's wife doesn't like their stuff so be it. I am sure she has lovely taste. I wanted to have something that couldn't be Amazoned where customers buy whole rooms. Their new store in Napa is off the chain. Don't think furniture. Think whole room interior design centers with a long term growth agenda for homes in the 2mm and up sector. If i can get another year out of it like the last, happy girl. Bonus Room: When Europe bottoms, they can go in unscathed.
debeers: @Henry @Woodman -$AMZN/$RH I think she uses the hairspray to weigh herself down. There's your santa claus elf right there, H.
By the way, I rebought $RH today at 129. I think there will be a Santa Claus rally and I wanted a stock that couldn't be
- DAN: @debeers $AMZN $RH #OT debeers, my wife has excellent taste. Particularly in men...but she's doing a bang up job with our home too. As a multi-decade bachelor, I can tell you that I'm happy she is getting rid of my cinder block & plank book shelves, and bean bag chairs with beer stains on them. She has totally classed up my life in every way. 8-)
- shoredriver: @DAN $AMZN $RH #OT ...But she IS leaving the lava lamp and bong blaster I take it.....
- debeers: @DAN $AMZN $RH #OT --Of course she does! She picked you, Danny
- DAN: @shoredriver $AMZN $RH #OT Yes. Some things are untouchable!!8-)
- traderbren: @DAN $AMZN $RH #OT - LOL..love the description...reminiscent of my early days before my better half move in. ;-)
- Lou: $RH - love the stores but I don't like the stock. I have a built in long term prejudice against "0ne and done" enterprises. Sure @DAN et ux purchased a lot of good stuff at $RH but when will they go back to buy more stuff. For LT investments I much prefer enterprises that develop and retain customer loyalty. Contrast the RH customer against the $ULTA customer. Run out of makeup and go right back to buy some and while there buy something else. Just a personal long term prejudice of a long term investor. Disclosure - I've never owned either of the two mentioned stocks.
- Motorman: @debeers $RH $ULTA So I have been in and out of $RH and was thinking about getting back in, but with housing possibly not a strong market, would RH still be a good investment?
|Stock Price||$USD 110.88|
Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc operates as a luxury brands in the home furnishings marketplace offering furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, decor, outdoor and garden, as well as baby & child products.Request Video of RH
Already a member? Sign in here.
- September 5th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 7.68 246.94%
- $USD 6.70 213.78%
- $USD 58.26 43.23%
- $USD 34.22 %
- $USD 16.12 -42.31%
- $USD 5.37 -37.59%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!