Rent-A-Center Inc. (NASDAQ:RCII)
Old Forum Content for RCIIMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DrScience: $RCII trying to breakout above recent high and move above the 50 DMA on a buying spree in the last 5 minutes. Could just be bulls and bears testing the other's resolve. but the stock is still moving.
- DrScience: @bigbartabs RBC Capital put out a list of Winners -- (shrug) there are no "Losers". You might start here: $AKRX $AMRI $AMWD $ARCB $ASNA $BCOR $BIG $BKMU $BOFI $CAL $CGI $DEPO $DNR $DXPE $ECPG $EHTH $ESND $FMBI $GME $GNW $HFC $KIRK $KS $LCI $MPAA $NSR $ORI $PETS $PMC $RCII $REX $RRTS $SKYW $SPXC $TLRD $TRST $UVE $VAC $VRA
- bigbartabs: @DrScience $AKRX $AMRI $AMWD $ARCB $ASNA $BCOR $BIG $BKMU $BOFI $CAL $CGI $DEPO $DNR $DXPE $ECPG $EHTH $ESND $FMBI $GME $GNW $HFC $KIRK $KS $LCI $MPAA $NSR $ORI $PETS $PMC $RCII $REX $RRTS $SKYW $SPXC $TLRD $TRST $UVE $VAC $VRA ... kudos... great list. Thanks...
- tejas7: $RCII bought some common with stop at 29.99. *BB squeeze, * bottom triangle measuring anticipated move upto 39/40 *symmetric continuation triangle measuring move upto 34/35 range Later 2, I don't trust much. But it can be used as a guidance
- DrScience: $RCII took it on the chin on their 4Q earnings announcement on February 3rd. Stock dropped 15% on guidance, where Rent-A-Center said it expects to make $2.05 to $2.30 a share on revenue of $3.25 billion to $3.35 billion, below the consensus of $2.48 a share on $3.34 billion in revenue. Stock is stabilizing at the 200 DMA. Chaikin Money Flow still nicely positive which means somebody is accumulating shares even on the lowered guidance. If the recent pattern holds, this sell-off is an opportunity to take a few shares and ride the stock back to $35ish before the next earnings release around tax time in the middle of April.
- DrScience: $RCII We've got to rent those Color TV's... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag ... for the Super Bowl. Stock holding support at 20 DMA, A break above the 8 DMA bodes well into Earnings 2/3 (tentative). CMF turning positive again. And now a word from our sponsors. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4GgM6ymhxs FD: Long stock, short JAN 35 Calls
- DrScience: @greberalan $URI Not all stocks go up during a bull market, i.e. Oil stocks falling for the past 6 months, REITS taking it on the chin as spectre of rising interest rates looms, etc. But, you do want to be in the right stocks for the sector... Witness $RCII at 52-week high. Collected the dividend today, payable on Jan 22 -- just in time to buy more on a pullback. :)
- tennisaddict: @DrScience $RCII Being an ex owner of a similar rental franchise, it always amazed me how many people came in to rent the huge screen tv for the super bowl party. And being in Texas at the time, the Cowboys were always good for a bump in business.
- DrScience: $RCII made a new 52-week high on the open today, goes ex-div on 12/30. Chaikin Money Flow is strongly positive (but nearing previous peaks) on the Weekly and Monthly charts. Interestingly, the daily chart is showing more outflows as the price moves higher, which makes reaching my 40's resistance target a little less likely. Company reports earnings on 1/26. Here's hoping we get the Cowboys in Super Bowl XLIX. Need to get those TV rentals up and out the door during Q1. :)
- DrScience: @debeers $URI Hold onto you computer! Why bet on rental of big machinery when the consumer is heading to $RCII and paying through the nose for the opportunity to trash their computer, TV, washer/dryer, AND refrigerator.
DrScience: @debeers $RCII Thanks for your incredible due diligence and fundamental analysis. I'm concerned about long-term prospects, as well, but the chart is driving the bus RHRN.
I've been in the name since Mid 24's (small position in Grandson's account) af ...
- DrScience: $RCII the little engine that best represents the consumer today? Still... can't deny the chart. New 52-week high.
- DrScience: $RCII If you're looking for a I-don't know-why-I-missed-this trade, keep an eye on Rent-A-Center. Earnings are 10/20 AMC. We'll see if the rent-to-own crowd is really the only ones who are propping up the market. :)
- tina: Good Morning! Notable Earnings After the Bell on Monday $BRO, $BXS, $CCK, $CDNS, $CMG, $CNI, $CROX, $CYS, $ELS, $GLF, $HLX, $HSTM, $HXL, $NFLX, $PKG, $POL, $RCII, $RMBS, $SANM, $STLD, $TXN, $UCTT, $WCN, $WWD, $ZION
- scgaryinv: $RCII popped higher in after hours/ long now @38.00
Rent-A-Center upgraded at Stifel
$RCII was upgraded from Hold to Buy, Stifel Nicolaus said. $48 price target. Acceptance kiosks can help drive near-term growth.
Southern Copper upgraded at @Morgan Stanley
$SCCO was upgraded from ...
$RCII was initiated with a Hold rating, Keybanc said. Company faces near-term earnings headwinds.
Stancorp Financial downgraded at $FBR
$SFG was downgraded to Market Perform, $FBR Capital Markets said. $41 price target. Company is seeing high ...
- shredex3: $RCII - check this one our Rent a Center, not a big VS but may continue the move up...Thoughts????
- slowtime: $NEM, $GS, $DWA, $NKE, $CB, $LLY, $RCII, $PNC, $ABX, $PAAS, $RSH, $DD, ERTS, and $STX are all recommended "short" in the Investors Intelligence trading account.
- joanie: $RCII - Just bought some. It's at the 50 ema, bullish engulfing after a pullback, decent volume.
- jasper: $RCII - For you 59 minute money making chartists - I mentioned $RCII last week for Joanie and Patricia to check but warned of impending earnings date. It's on a tear today and I'm wondering if this is a one day bull trap or if it still has room. There's a 7.7 percent short interest in the stock and it's already surpassed the daily average only one hour into the day. Will it cover the 9 and a half days calculated to cover before noon or will the shorts keep piling in for a few more days? They beat earnings by a dime on lower revenues.
Earnings: Before - $CAT, $HTZ, $HUM, $SOHU ; After -ACL, $AMP, $JEC, $PCL, $RCII, $TXN, $UHS
Other: Tribeca Film Festival, American Express Shareholder Meeting, Boeing Shareholder Meeting, ECB's Trichet Speaks in $NYC, Honeywell Shareholder Meetin ...
- jasper: For the #squeeze queens analysis, joannie and patricia ann - Be Careful - they report this week: $RHI - @Robert Half - reports 4-27 $RCII - Rent-A-Center - reports 4-26 $KNX - Knight Transport - reports 4-27 Already reported: $PLCM - Polycom $GES - Guess
$RCII * Rent-A-Center Inc. * gapped up
$WHR * Whirlpool Corporation * gapped up
$AUXL * Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc. * gapped up
CEO * CNOOC * gapped up
$HMC * Honda Motor Company, Ltd. * gapped up
$NDAQ * NASDAQ OMX Group Inc. ...
$RCII * Rent-A-Center Inc. * gapped down
$SGMS * Scientific Games Corp * gapped down
$VFC * V.f. Corporation * gapped down
$WMS * Wms Industries Inc. * gapped down
$AJG * @Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. * gapped down
- ronaldrussell: $RCII - Come on! Give me an in! Bounced off 200 day
- ronaldrussell: $MON, $RCII, $TTEK - Short Monday - Please chart comments, potential shorts, 1-3 days.
- snydog: Hi guys. $RCII looks to be on a break out. Is anybody else watching this one? Probably a bit overbought here. Better to wait for a dip before jumping in.
|Stock Price||$USD 26.38|
Rent-A-Center, Inc. engages in leasing household durable goods to customers on a rent-to-own basis. The Company also offers merchandise on an installment sales basis in certain stores. It offers consumer electronics, appliances, computers, etc.Request Video of RCII
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 29th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 24.38 9.14%
- $USD 26.38 8.75%
- $USD 87.01 7.15%
- $USD 17.00 -25.83%
- $USD 14.53 -12.17%
- $USD 26.74 -11.50%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!