Pivotal Software Inc. Class A (NYSE:PVTL)
Old Forum Content for PVTLMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Bob G: $PVTL on it's way back to $13?
- CraigReynolds: @Dan Not sure if this question has simple answer, know it;s math and buyers/sellers, just trying to understand. If stocks like $GME $PVTL fall below 4BB day 1, then day 2 trade at bottom without much price movement, but now they are at 3BB instead of 4BB, same stock movement as day 1, little price movement, then day 3 at they are at 2.5BB, still trading in low price range, how does one understand what is going on with no snap back watching BB. I'm assume no buyers wanting stock as stock works its way back within normal band width and price would stay around that level until supply is absorbed and stock is dead until that happens.
- CraigReynolds: $GME $PVTL $CCXI Watching yesterday Dan's 59min possiblities.
- DAN: @CraigReynolds $GME $PVTL $CCXI Hey Craig. Looks like GME has found a bottom. This will probably be good for an overnight hold. Not sure what the upside would be, all things considered. But $5 bucks looks like a pretty reliable floor. $PVTL -- same type of deal. $CCXI is a bit tougher to gauge. The move was yesterday morning. Now it's just on a very wide "inside day."
- CraigReynolds: @DAN $GME $PVTL $CCXI Thanks. GME & PVTL down big time and under 3BB in some cases, still are. These are spec trades, bought $GME @ $4.91 w/ stop $4.80, risk $.11. Bought $PVTI - $10.70; stop $10.45 risk $.35. I traded $CCXI yesterday, made 3.9%. Sold CCXI at close, did not swing. Bought back today at $8.40 with stop set at $8.15, risk $.25. Total risking $.70, will see how they will work out. Right now, I'm up may risk money and planning to swing. Not sure if this will work out but stops set, risk $.70. I bought small, $GME -- 200 share $PVTL -- 100 shares $CCXI -- 100 shares. Let me know if you see anything wrong. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, just watching the Bands.
- baronp0329: @CraigReynolds $GME $PVTL $CCXI $PVTI Craig, you may want to look at $CLDR also. Way below 3BB. Started a position at 5.12 and will hold overnight. Stop set at 4.97.
- CraigReynolds: @baronp0329 $GME $PVTL $CCXI $PVTI $CLDR $CLDR -- Have on list for tomorrow. Down $.73 from 3BB, almost to 4BB. May buy a little going into tomorrow.
- CraigReynolds: @Remington $GME $DOCU $ACB LOOK AT $CCXI $PVTL also both down 3BB almost 4BB
- Hans_Schultz1: @DAN was great to have confirmation of what I was also seeing on many charts this morning. I took a few trades in stocks we were on and was actually profitable $FB + .5% $GME -1% jumped in too quick $PVTL - 2.5%. Pounced too quick and immediately punished me $RWLK 4.5% over 2 trades. Would have made a cpl more pct on RWLK but it was bouncing around and got unlucky on the sale price Lots to be learned from these trades for me and it really helps having Dan and everyone ‘s ideas on these. With good risk management you can be wrong half the time and still profit
- DAN: @Hans_Schultz1 $FB $GME $PVTL $RWLK Hans, thanks for this post. Very informative, and you're right. You can make money while still being wrong half the time. Managing your risk and paying attention to levels will keep you on the right side of the trade! Thanks for showing up this morning. We'll do this more often in the coming weeks. That's for sure. Dan
- Reif99: Nice day for IPO $PVTL. Only news I saw is it's part of an Air Force contract. missed the real entry yesterday, I'm long a strangle from a few days back
2. $PVTL – also coming out of squeeze.
3. $TWTR – Trendline test.
4. $FB – Gap and kinda-crap
5. $GOOGL – back at top of downtrending channel.
6. $DECK – did you buy the breakout? You shouldn’t have.
7. $OLLI &nd ...
- efrain007: $PVTL watching for gap/reversal trade
- efrain007: $PVTL in 22.30
- efrain007: $PVTL working, day high
- efrain007: $PVTL has a good chance at an all day bounce but I sold some 23.60 to lock in some profit.
- efrain007: $PVTL sold some more 22.75
- efrain007: $PVTL not closing great but there is demand so I'm holding on to remaining shares
- gregb74: @champ @bRobert $COOL I echo @bwcarnation1 sentiments. Really appreciate both of your posts, and am also trying to get better at holding stocks longer term. any thoughts on whether these are good long term employees (my current holdings): $TNDM $PVTL $ROKU $CTRL. I'm most concerned about $CTRL right now...Made a mistake of not setting a stop initially and am riding it down. I see other posts about $TNDM & $PVTL on the forum, which have been helpful.
- gregb74: @gregb74 $COOL $TNDM $PVTL $ROKU $CTRL I should mention that I have decent profits in $TNDM & $PVTL, but am under water with $ROKU and $CTRL right now with stops in place.
- bRobert: @gregb74 $COOL $TNDM $PVTL $ROKU $CTRL $CTRL . I don't follow it closely. but at this point I would have a stop at $30.90 , or just under last week's low. . You have good company. Renaissance tech is a major holder, but they've been in it from the $8 area. . $TNDM Use a 8d trailing stop (tight) 20d (loose) . Consider taking PARTIAL profits sooner than later or keep a tight stop on a partial position to lock in profits.
- gregb74: @bRobert $COOL $TNDM $PVTL $ROKU $CTRL ok, great. Thanks for the feedback. I'll be reviewing my stops on these.
- mlgold99: @ Dan - $PVTL - IPO that looks to be hitting is recently recurring point of resistance. Was thinking about looking to get in as a run into earnings above $27.50 which is what it has been bumping up against for the last 2-3 months. Earnings on 9/12 - last time in June it jumped about 50% after reporting and then came back down to Earth. So literally, 2 minutes after posting this, the stock jumped to $27.80....
- numbers: $GSHD - Fidelity does not have current earnings dates for new issues, I got hit on $ONE, $BILI, $PVTL, great trades but I didn't know they were reporting earnings the next day. Can someone check the earnings date for $GSHD more than doubled since its issue in Apr 27. In $BOOM, $GHDX.
- mjnteach: @numbers $GSHD $ONE $BILI $PVTL $BOOM $GHDX Checked $GSHD web site. They last released on June 6. No current info for second quarter release.
- Bob E: @numbers $GSHD $ONE $BILI $PVTL $BOOM $GHDX TDA has an Unconfirmed date of August 8, 2018 on $GSHD
- issues: Oil: Cramer says it goes back to $60. IBD has an excellent article "Permian Oil Prices Dive As Gas Prices Rise, Boosting These Refiners": https://www.investors.com/research/industry-snapshot/u-s-refiners-near-permian-get-boost-from-bottleneck-environmental-regulations/ Bottom line: $DK bullish get 78% from Permian; $HFC 39% from Permian $CVRR 14% from Permian. Another IBD article said of these clouds: $PVTL $ZUO & $SEND only $DBX will be profitable in 2019...
- mlgold99: $PS $PVTL - Relatively new IPOs (PS - 5/17/18; PVTL - 4/20/18). $PS - ATH 2 days ago at $29, pull back to $25 on same day, rested next day w/ spinning top, now working back up. $PVTL - "Crushed" earnings on 6/12 - went from $21 to $28.70. Today's high, ATH, at $31.24 now pulling back. Need to see where it settles - looking for support above yesterday's low of $23.75.
- numbers: $PVTL - ATH - starter friday $BILI - ATH - up 16% friday no position $EAF - ATH - set alert
- ATX17: $pvtl IPO breaking out above recent high
- ATX17: @ATX17 $pvtl Look at that squeeze
|Stock Price||$USD 15.01|
Pivotal Software Inc provides a cloud-native platform, It accelerates and streamlines software development by reducing the complexity of building, deploying and operating new cloud-native applications and modernizing legacy applications.Request Video of PVTL
Already a member? Sign in here.
- December 10th, 2019 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 10.86 36.49%
- $USD 14.53 36.27%
- $USD 30.92 30.90%
- $USD 7.34 -27.26%
- $USD 40.73 -18.32%
- $USD 7.94 -13.09%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 66,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (66,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!