Overstock.com Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK)
Old Forum Content for OSTKMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Sher: $SFIX, $CRON, $DBX, $IQ, $SGMS, $ADNT, $OSTK, $CLVS, $KEM - 9:05 AM... "Upside movement in several underlying call options indicates further near-term gains ahead" (SSE news post)
- champ: @DAN --- Have you been following the CEO of $OSTK, Patrick Byrne...he wants to sell his retail business unit and buy even more after this drop...this news was just reported by the WSJ, on 11/23.
- champ: $OSTK @ $28.50 ---- I'm still waiting for positive News on this #Bounce-Trade...this could be spring-loaded
- champ: $OSTK @ $27.45 ----- I'm still waiting on this #bounce-trade....and the YTDH was around $90, in January and the low was $24.75...and that was around my entry...at $25.85....this could be spring-loaded..but there is know way to know that....but this might work.
- mrmike: @champ $OSTK #bounce-trade I got on around 26.00. Still 47% short int.
- champ: $OSTK @ $26.50....could move off the low, in the coming days, as long as the markets stay positive.
- champ: $OSTK @ $25.50 ---- They had a huge upgrade today by Maxim Group...a buy, with a target of $75.....stock bounced but fell back...now what is it going to do...I have no clue on direction.
- kt4000: Sold $BABA, $OSTK - Looking to take a bigger position in $BJ but will wait tomorrow after morning earnings - Also $RDFN took a small position. Still hoping my $CRON
- kt4000: Adding to $OSTK, $CRON, $BABA, $OAS
- SAMHUNTER09: $OSTK day 2 moving up.
- kt4000: $OSTK started a position after the major drop.
- phgruver: $OSTK is up 22% after reporting disappointing earnings ($-2.04 vs consensus -$0.82). No idea why, but this could be another one to watch ....
- Henry: @phgruver $OSTK Good morning. Varney on Fox just reported a Hong Kong hedge fund took a big position in the stock
- Brian_M: @phgruver $OSTK Also to note about 46% of the float is currently short
- efrain007: $OSTK $CORT $RDFN watching for a trade
- CHOFF: @Henry $OSTK - GSR Asian VC invested 250m in Overstock's tZero bitcoin venture.
- mrmike: $OSTK Where can I find how much of short position was covered today?
- bRobert: @mrmike $OSTK i believe they are required to report 2x month. Just trade the chart. Short interest could be higher than before. The stock gapped up to the high and traded down from the 200d ceiling. This was a better short than a long TODAY. Cover stop >200d
- mrmike: @bRobert $OSTK Thanks, Have a good weekend.
$OSTK – reminiscent of $STMP...only in reverse. 46% of float is short.
$CASI – breakout on volume. Earnings Monday.
$ACN – request. “Seems about to bounce.” Not really oversold.
- ATX17: $ostk setting up nicely for earnings after the bell. Considering a small position into close or after hours trade into tomorrow morning.
- ATX17: @champ $TTD $AVLR TTD 12% moving well and $ostk 20%
- bRobert: $OSTK Was a good risk reward trade. Options were relatively inexpensive . Completing measured move to $50 area (inv h&s pattern) in AH trading. Kudos to those who were involved.
$OSTK – 43% of float is short. Alert $48.40
$YELP – at very consistent resistance here. Good trade…is over.
$NVEE – good gap and reverse.
$STMP – obvious bounce off 200-day MA. Good profits for many members today.
- stairm01: $OSTK moving nicely with volume starting around 1:00. Long stock.
- champ: $OSTK @ $39.50 ....working nice move....I'm holding a position.
- traderbren: $OSTK -- getting a bid although volume is light.
- champ: @traderbren $OSTK ---- It is almost at the daily average and that is 1.087M and volume is at 850k and is climbing...faster than average.
- DAN: @traderbren $OSTK REALLY high short interest in OSTK. Short squeeze in the making, IMHO.
- traderbren: @DAN $OSTK - nice! Love riding the wave of a short squeeze.
- justinp: @traderbren $OSTK Took a starter but stopped out, no follow through so far.
- debeers: $OSTK-They sent their shareholders to the vomitorium hours. The idea of them making their own furniture? stock down 4.77% ah.Puhleeeze. NP
- champ: $OSTK @ $39.80 ....Bounce $2 off todays low ...this stock wants to move - up ...I had a post on info... on this position. This is a zig-zagger that wants to move up the ladder.
- TraderJim: @champ $OSTK In with you champ Thanks for all your great work!
- champ: @TraderJim $OSTK --- YW...but be careful because this stock is a crazy zig-zagger...but look what it did in December. Their will be a Supreme Court decision, that is expected to confirm a ruling that a state, can-not require a business to collect sates tax on a business, if it is not in their state....this decision is expected in early June. This is the reason why this stock could bounce and the reason why this stock dropped, on that Sales-Tax news, the WH team, wants this decision overturned but its not going to happen, is my guess. If they don't overturn that 1992 Supreme Court ruling, this would be really positive for this stock.
- stairm01: $OSTK Covered Call canidate. Stock trading in channel. Buy stock here at $38 and sell this weeks 39 strike for $0.75. Around 4.6% if stock closes this week above $39. Or 2% if it doesn't move.
- shoredriver: @stairm01 $OSTK Been doing that for years with other stocks....think you will be amazed with your % returns over a 6 and 12 month timeframe...way better than all the daily/hourly in and out jazz.....Don't know why@Dan does not feature that like yieldhogs...maybe he does on OMM...not paying extra for that because I don't care about doing flying inverse bivalve butterflies or whatever...
- stairm01: @shoredriver $OSTK Yes, I've been doing the weekly CC on $X and $LABU with excellent returns for a long time as well. It has boosted my portfolio. On Friday I hit an all time new high, and I'm real happy making money this way.
- champ: $OSTK @ $39 ---- Really hard to know, if this is going back to $60 and then $80. On the chart, you can see that last leg...last year, that zig-zag higher ...will it repeat..??
- stairm01: @shoredriver $OSTK Do you have any specific stocks you do CC on all the time?
- champ: $OSTK....bloom
- stairm01: @champ $OSTK Got WACKED by the weedwacker. Crashing.
- stairm01: $OSTK Just went long off of the intra day double bottom at $36.10. Looking to sell this weeks $37 strike for $1.00, a 5.5% return in 2 days if stock moves above 37.
- champ: $OSTK ....They will be reporting earnings after the close today....working...but will it keep working..?...I have a swing position.
- champ: $OSTK @ $38.60 ---- Don't really know what this stock is going to do...and the chart looks like hell....however, it sure looks like it wants to bounce....earnings tomorrow after.
- debeers: $OSTK-Undergoing an SEC investigation.NP This stuff usually doesn't end well.
- jbart1025: $OSTK short or long into earnings?
- bRobert: @jbart1025 $OSTK Red or black . I don't like roulette.
- Dancyn: @jbart1025 $OSTK either way, isn't that gambling instead of trading?
- jbart1025: @bRobert $OSTK You guys are no fun! :(
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $OSTK Overstock.com Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=OSTK&clip=97305
- Gary: #NOTES SS 020118 COTD: $CZR breakout. $SPX – likely to be here for a while. Earnings: $AAPL – beat earnings/revs. But missed iPhone sales. Guided lower. Not much reaction. Support at around $165. Why buy this stock? Is it the best one to own now? Because it’s Apple? Not a good enough reason. $GOOGL – light on EPS numbers. $AMZN – EPS $3.75 vs. $1.85 est. (Remember when they didn’t make money?) Growth Stocks: 1. $CTRL – stabilizing at around $26 2. $ESNT – Bullish engulfing pattern. Entry right here. 3. $CBOE – still working. 4. $GDI – buyable here. 5. $PRAH – stabilizing here. 6. $BLD – squeeze vs. consolidation? Discuss. 7. $KMT – tomorrow morning is conference call. Questions: 8. $JD – still consolidating Alerts: 9. $TTWO – breakout yeste44rday. Resting today on high volume. Wait for follow through. 10. $FB – looking like more continuation tomorrow? 11. $OSTK
- issues: Earnings mañana = $OSTK $AAPL $EA $AEIS $CHRW $NUE $AKS $ALGN $PKG. We will continue to hold OSTK AAPL NUE. Added to $OSTK (probably a mistake - but ?) $SKYW $EXEL $CVGI. Sold $IVR $XEC $HFC $LRCX $LGIH
- issues: Robert where are you? I am wondering if I should hold $OSTK over earnings. I'm getting sweaty palms. Anyone have any guts to hold over earnings? One of the first companies to accept digital coins and is developing a platform to trade digital coins resemnbing Bitcoin.
- DrScience: @issues $OSTK Stock is up (only) 105% since last earning release and 420% since the earnings release in Aug 2017. I offer the same advice as @bwcarnation1's $AET dilemma. If your profits are similarly large, sell your stock and buy OTM Call Spread to limit risk. Look at JAN 2019 85/130 BuCS @ 10.00ish, or JAN 2019 95/130 BuCS @ 7.00ish. Another option is to buy the OTM Call Spread and sell an extra OTM Call to create a covered call on your stock.
- issues: @DrScience $OSTK $AET Good! Thank you Doc!
- issues: stopped out of my house $CASA with small loss. Oh well that's trading. Yesterday's buys/adds are holding: $CTRL $CRZO $SLCA $XPO $BAC $CVGI $OSTK. Today added to my $CAR. So I'm outta' ma' house and into ma car...
- mgoodw: $BLOK Any thoughts on new block chain ETF that hits market today? It contains $Nvda $Sq $Ibm $ostk $C and Taiwan Semiconductor. Also, what effect might it have on the individual stocks ??
- mgoodw: $OSTK down almost 12%
- JBed: $AMAT raised to strong buy at Needham. $OSTK price target raised to $110 from $85 at DA Davidson.
- bRobert: $OSTK Very good holding stock. My crypto horse spec after squeeze breakout.
- spmeyers: $OSTK appears to be making a move off the 20-day m.a.
- JBed: $OSTK may be bouncing off the 21 MA. Took a small position.
- Robert1965: $OSTK lucky no stock to short Up 10% $ 7.80 to75.80, am to 76.50
- DAN: $OSTK -- lower high yesterday. This is what blowoff tops look like in the aftermath. Another bout of buying from dip buyers...which turns out to be a bull trap. Stay away from this stock. It's not your friend.
- DrScience: $OSTK up 12%, closing in on a bullish engulfing candle on a move above $60
- champ: $OSTK - @ $61 up over 14%...and up $20 in 5 days, after a big drop yesterday. Today the company had #News... on a #Rumor ...that they #might be exploring a sale. Could be a great short but no shares available, at Schwab...I was going to short but only on the turn-lower and was just checking, for a possible short trade.
- rck89: $OSTK Anyone know the short interest on this stock? I can't seem to find it.
- champ: @rck89 $OSTK ----- Its around 26-29% depending on what site you look at.
- rck89: @champ $OSTK Thank you....I'm still trying to figure out why the stock has been so strong?
- champ: @rck89 $OSTK --- I send you a post yesterday and its about $MS, that they disclosed a passive stake of 11.4%. Any stock that has positive #news, will bounce hard off the lows and now its about continued momentum.....thats whats going on as of now.
- rck89: @champ $OSTK $MS #news Thanks again.
- bRobert: @champ $OSTK 67% of float but 2 days to cover
- jbart1025: $OSTK Anyone else thinking of shorting this?
- bRobert: @jbart1025 $OSTK NO squared
- RedLeaf1: @jbart1025 $OSTK I sold Jan 65 calls against my long stock position.
- PhilHarmonic: @CHOFF $OSTK
- CHOFF: @PhilHarmonic $OSTK - thanks
- CHOFF: $OSTK - interesting chart - massive growth on crypto platform play and retail sales. Morgan Stanley up it's shares from 130K to 2.9M driving the stock up 22% today.
- rck89: $OSTK Any one have any thoughts on this one? It's been on a tear!
- champ: @rck89 $OSTK --- Great move today...up over 25% on News about $MS having a positions but when it turns, many will take profits. I would not take a new positions but if I owned the stock I would have sold 1/2 on the close and would sell the other 1/2, on any turn lower. I had the stock on my short list but no shares....so I will just move on. I had a post a couple of days ago.
- spmeyers: @rck89 $OSTK I was in today with tight stop that got hit; sure looks like it's going higher
- champ: $OSTK --- This stock is smoking something...the last 2 days... but all its really doing is just following the markets and thats what I'm doing....I'm following news on stocks....with Specs and as long as the markets, are at... least trying.... to turn back-up....but if it turns, I will also turn.
- champ: $OSTK ...OUT....this spec on the #HI turn..taking the $$$$...thats what its all about.
- steve71: $OSTK Nice bounce off the 50 dma. NP
- champ: @steve71 $OSTK @ $46 ----- Yes, this could be a great entry RHRN because its down $20 off the recent high, that was just on 11/27 and timing is only off, by a day. The news about repurchase of stock, at $40.25...see article on 11/8, did not help thi ...
- DrScience: @traderbren $SQ taking $OSTK (down 10%) and $RIOT(down 32%) with it. All are still up over 200% YTD. Overstock.com has paralleled Square's meteoric rise, while $RIOT's big move happened last week.
- woodman: @DrScience $SQ $OSTK $RIOT - RIOT was recently a healthcare company. It's name was Bioptix. Now it is Riot Blockchain, Inc. What does that tell you? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-04/from-biotech-to-bitcoin-bioptix-shifts-focus-to-blockchain Prior Description: Bioptix, Inc., through its subsidiary, BiOptix Diagnostics, Inc., develops enhanced surface plasmon resonance technology platform for the detection of molecular interactions. The company also focuses on animal healthcare and owns important intellectual property rights related to veterinary products. In addition, it has granted a license relating to single chain reproductive hormone technology for use in no-human mammals, which is under active development by the licensee bovine rFSH. The company was formerly known as Venaxis, Inc. and changed its name to Bioptix, Inc. in November 2016. Bioptix, Inc. was founded in 2000 and is based in Castle Rock, Colorado.
2. $OSTK – Invested in block chain, the technology behind bitcoin. Doesn’t interest me. Block chain isn’t scarce; bitcoin seems to be.
3. $RIOT – big blow off. Are you still holding this?
4. $GOOGL – breaking out on v ...
- Bridget: $OSTK new high. Still looking strong.
- bRobert: $OSTK Along with SQ the other crypto.currency and website kicker. Long calls
- bRobert: $OSTK nh Long
- Aragorn: $OSTK Citron
- traderbren: @Aragorn $OSTK - Ha! Say no more. ;-)
- RedLeaf1: @Aragorn $OSTK [Sorry folks, I first posted this under GOOS by mistake.] I bought shares yesterday when I saw the momentum and sold the OSTK DEC 2017 65.0000 CALL against it for $2.90. The Dec 65 calls are now about $2.85. I would have sold a higher strike, but the 65s are the highest strike offered in December. Google search T-Zero, Overstock's majority-owned subsidiary, and read about the launch of a crypto token and their work in the blockchain technology. 02:13 PM 11/10/2017
- Bridget: $OSTK back up to the highs after earnings
- bRobert: $OSTK ' Earnings pop. Cryptocurrency kicker. High short interest. Nice combo. Long leap calls
- bRobert: $ostk watching 20d bounce . looking to add trading portion around core
- Bridget: Sorry this is late, Earnings after close: $SQ $SEDG $ROKU $OSTK $TWLO $OPK $MNST
- Bridget: #Notes: Another day, another high Earnings after close: $SQ $SEDG $ROKU $OSTK $TWLO $OPK $ATI - big volume selloff to support $RHT - broke out of a very tight squeeze $WB - new high $ABBV $WDAY - both very close to breaking out $WEN - gap down and recover but still lots of supply overhead $WTW - complete reversal on the breakout, fakeout $HST - breakout from multi month consolidation pattern $COST - stair stepping higher, bottom of gap is at $170 IPOs $TSG - reports tomorrow $SSTI - new high $SOI $CIFS $PLNT $MTCH $DXC #dumpster diving $KR and $KHC coming out of bases
|Stock Price||$USD 13.81|
Overstock.com, Inc. is an online retailer offering closeout and discount brand and non-brand name merchandise, including bed-and-bath goods, home d?cor, kitchenware, watches, jewelry, electronics and computers, apparel, and designer accessories.Request Video of OSTK
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 7th, 2019 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 109.93 21.20%
- $USD 12.61 20.04%
- $USD 44.61 19.06%
- $USD 5.35 -39.36%
- $USD 16.69 -30.31%
- $USD 13.81 -27.00%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 62,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (62,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!