KEMET Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
Old Forum Content for KEMMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $KEM . Good reversal . Long term bullish
- issues: @bRobert $KEM Humm. It doesn't look like a reverse to me. Yes I see the tail but it's still a broken trend, isn't it? It could go either way but down seems like the most obvious direction right now.
- bRobert: @issues $KEM Stock in a trading channel 16 - 22 on the WEEKLY Bounced strongly off the bottom of the channel on very high volume. We will see how it trades from here.
- bRobert: $KEM $21+ hurdle of 200d gets you to $26 Transparent trade with good risk/reward. Don't complicate things. Cheap Valuation and high growth with nice chart = $$$$
- mulligan: @bRobert $KEM be aware that earnings are being reported before market open tomorrow.
- bRobert: $KEM Alert > flag $21.10 $26+ targets long from below
- bRobert: $KEM Mentioned several times. Cheap growth $22 target 1 . Looking at the WEEKLY setting up, MACD cross higher long term prices $28+ Long from below . Adding in scales
- issues: @bRobert $KEM Robert you are right about cheap with a pe of 8! JUST EIGHT! Wow. Bought a starter KEM. $SWKS is pe of 11 and $NVDA is PE 21! Hope I am not too late but I have my finger on the trigger of KEM! Cramer mentioned it last night as cheaper than $XLNX with a pe of 31. AAPL has a pe of 12! But the very cheapest is $MU with a pe of 3! Three! Yikes!
- bRobert: @issues $KEM $SWKS $NVDA $XLNX I analyzed it last WEEKEND Cramer stole my idea ;) Cheap isn't always good. In this case it is a mispriced stock taken down with the market. IMHO Good stocks get dragged down in market sell offs. Make shopping lists and be patient. Eventually the market reprices the good merchandise
- lostsheep: $KEM - nice move today. pin action off some of the tech strength. nice valuation
- bRobert: @lostsheep $KEM Your not lost. You are a shephard Good assessment
- issues: @lostsheep $KEM IBD group 159 along with VICR. I like $VICR but considering the price - I am inclined to go with KEM.. Thanks!
- Lavrock: $KEM - relative strength at day high.
- bRobert: @Lavrock $KEM One of my favorites. Long
- Sher: $SFIX, $CRON, $DBX, $IQ, $SGMS, $ADNT, $OSTK, $CLVS, $KEM - 9:05 AM... "Upside movement in several underlying call options indicates further near-term gains ahead" (SSE news post)
- Lavrock: @bRobert $KEM The options trading on the 18th supports your analysis. Over 5,600 Mar 21 puts were sold. There also was call activity at the Mar 20 and 21 strikes. Many of the buys at 20 were part of a 20/24 spread.
- bRobert: $KEM . An old favorite. Very high earnings/revenue growth . W bottom with +ADX cross and move >50d. Strong consistent support in the $16 area. Starting to print higher highs and lows. WEEKLY . Double bottom . MACD close to cross. Excellent risk reward.. HIGH upside with a cooperative market . Start small with stop just <20d. (Place a ruler under the most recent lows.) Add with confirmation on pb/bounces printing higher lows.
- Wolf: #Watching $GNC Big miss, down 20%, $REV Run up on Friday, down 1% pre-market, $GILT 20% run up in Nov, revenue miss Friday, $KEM Flag pattern.
- bsafriet: $KEM Has anyone been trading $KEM? Up on E/R beat, and very favorable refi of their debt. Is the pause today an entry opportunity? Long
- Brian_M: @bsafriet $KEM At this point I would wait for it to get above yesterday's highs before buying. If it pulls back and finds support you could buy some at that point. (maybe the 50-day)
- PhilHarmonic: $KEM Earlier I traded $KEM long and got .24 cents profit. Now Mr. Market is giving another short term buying opportunity. I find it difficult sitting in front of the computer monitoring price movement, wait for the best opportunity to pull the trigger.
- Greendayguy: $AVAV Sweetness. I'm out. I never hold over earnings (yesterday I believe) any more, been burned a few times, primarily on $KEM last May. Have a great day everybody!
- barbjim12: @Greendayguy $AVAV $KEM Nice move on $AVAV! I did the opposite and sold before earnings but had a nice profit anyway. So win some and lose some. Best to you.
- Greendayguy: @barbjim12 $AVAV $KEM Right. Keep your cash and profits so we can live to play the next day!
- Greendayguy: @DAN I agree Dan, I've been hurt badly by holding stocks over earnings, last one was $KEM in May, earirngs and revs. beat, stock got crushed. It's not worth the risk. There are too many fish in the pond.
- DAN: @Greendayguy $KEM Agreed, Greendayguy. When you focus on making money rather than being "right" on a stock, things definitely get easier. A LOT easier. 8-) Dan
- champ: @Greendayguy $KEM ---- Buy stocks after earnings....#on-sell-the-news....that is the best entries....but on targeted stocks. Just about everyone in the retail sector bounced. #AAXN was another one, in the tech sector but there are many....plan and watch around earnings.
- mradams0621: $KEM I know I should have sold it when the head and shoulders gave a sell signal with measured move potential down to $18 ish. But I rode it out, it bottomed at $22.50 and is now testing the previous high. I'm expecting it to either break out from here and go higher, or test the 50 again from above, either will be a buy signal or for me, an add on. Arguments or confirmation of my thesis would be appreciated.
- radarvector11: @mradams0621 $KEM Great fundamentals, seems to trend with 20 dma rather than the 50. I added after hammer formation on pullback, right now at top of bb. Looking for support around 25.
- issues: @mradams0621 $KEM Do you mean inverse H & S pattern? I can see that. We are still holding as long as it moving in the right direction.
- mradams0621: $KEM moving
- issues: IBD 50 this week: ABMD $ADBE $ALGN $ALRM $ALSN $BZUN $CPRT $CTRL $CYBR $EHC $EPAM $ESIO $ETFC $EVR $FIVE $FTNT $GRUB $HIIQ $HQY $IDTI $IDXX $ILMN $JAZZ $KEM $LGND $LULU $MA $MEDP $MPWR $MTCH $NANO $NOW $OEC $PANW $PAYC $PGTI $PLNT $PRAH $PSXP $SBRA $SIVB $TEAM $TREX $TRU $TTD $V $VEEV $VNOM $WING $WWE
- mradams0621: $KEM head and shoulders completed pattern? But if it holds here and closes near the top today will that signal a "broken pattern"? Intended to sell it "late" based on today's price action. Dan made it sound like it should have been sold when the last attempt to bounce off the 50 did not hold up. Unless I see some serious volume and strong today I'm still leaning toward selling as head and shoulders measured move would target $18 ish , down from high of #30 ish. Upside target best hope previous high. Not a great risk reward. Am I overthinking this stuff? What are others doing with KEM?
$KEM – this is why we use stops, and protect profits.
$BABA – oversold rebound. Watch for China stocks to rebound...but don’t ask for much.
$BIDU – oversold rebound. Alert $222
$TTD – Breakout. Ver ...
- fallon1234: @bsafriet $KEM #1 #14 #1 Thanks for your thoughts. I have to learn to be patient. Just as a note, when I looked KEM up using IBD's Stock Checkup, in the Research tab, it #1 but now #2 behind APH. It's still #1 in the EPS rating. I think this is a group rating. I don't that's related to the IBD 50 list, just the group it's in...imho.
- Ajax4Hire: @fallon1234 $KEM #1 #14 #1 #1 #2 #1 I see $KEM - Kemet Corp still using the 50day-MA as support. Yesterday, 2018-08Aug-08Wed volume shows 10:05am $KEM is above VWAP, cool; 10:10am to 10:50am 20% of daily volume on angry red bars 11:10am big down volume spike and then "they" go to lunch; 3:30pm "they" have to complete the sell order, sell, sell 3:55pm SELL! biggest spike in volume, 75k/6% in last 5 minutes. My guess is a 400k-500k of $KEM sell order(not a buy order). I'm still holding my $KEM.
- bRobert: @fallon1234 $KEM #1 What makes you think anything is wrong?
- Wolf: @bRobert $KEM #1 I set my stop too tight yesterday. Put a .10 trailing buy on, but didn't fill. Will buy back this AM.
- fallon1234: @bRobert $KEM #1 .....because I hear Dan say that if the stock doesn't do what I expect it to do, then I'm wrong and need to get out of it. So, I'm confused as to how to think about KEM, since it didn't move higher from my entry but it's a strong stock in general. Am I thinking too short term? I do appreciate your thoughts :)
bsafriet: $KEM @fallon1234 @mradams0621 @Ajax4Hire @bRobert @Wolf @JustJoe @Wolfman @champ @Dan
My stop was hit at 13:45 EDT today, out at $25.26. MorganStanley’s downgrade of chip makers this morning has pulled $KEM down as well. Today’s low is ...
- JBed: @bsafriet $KEM Same here - stopped out of 75% of my position just below where you did. I'm hanging onto a few shares, just in case.
$KEM – nope. This is under distribution. Is this the best place for your money, or do you just want to be right?
$TSLA – interesting how the stock is down below the tweet price. Hmmmm.
Retail names are working:
$M – Alert $41.00 ...
- fallon1234: Hi Everyone....What happened to $KEM today. It beat on earnings and revenue. I bought it two days ago, #1 on IBD stock chart. I thought it was a good entry. I need to keep learning :( I guess I should have sold when it didn't do what I thought it would do....go up. Any thoughts?
- mradams0621: @fallon1234 $KEM #1 I'm in from lower level around $22.50 so I can let it wiggle a little but I sure hope the 50 ema holds. I did not like the price action today, but it was down with the broader market from the open and failed to recover when the market turned. Not happy with potential head and shoulder formation. If it were to complete to the down side the price target would be around $20 near the 200 day ema, but I will not hold through that. Some nice volume at the close gives me hope. Wishing us all luck on this one. I still think it's a keeper long term but time will tell.
- fallon1234: @mradams0621 $KEM Thanks a bunch for your thoughts. Much appreciated. IBD rates it as #1 in the group. The strong fundies and close to the 50ma was my incentive to buy when I did. I'm a longer term investor and don't want to give up too early on this one but if it breaks below the 50ma, I may have to reconsider. It did touch the 50ma and bounced up a bit, today.
- bsafriet: @fallon1234 $KEM is #14 in the IBD 50, and has a 98 composite rating. I re-entered yesterday at the close after I forgot to grab it earlier in the day. It has found support at the SMA(50) and today was a successful retest of that level. No cause for concern. just keep a stop a little below the SMA(50). The market rested today - can not go up every day. Actually, not a bad day considering the news flow. But do not forget that the market is testing all time highs - be realistic with your expectations and protect your dough. Remember @Dan first two rules of investing: 1) Do not lose your dough; and, 2) see rule #1. Best wishes.
- woodman: $KEM bouncing still.
- sierramp: @woodman $KEM Nice move off the D50.
- JustJoe: @JustJoe $KEM $HD $DOCU $QLYS There's obviously many more indicators pointing up, but workforce participation rates speaks to our country's growing domestic economy. In this era of trariffs and other global boogiemen U.S. domestic growth could make the our county the goto place to invest.
- JustJoe: Bought starters in $KEM $HD $DOCU $QLYS...I'm bullish on the number of folks coming back into workforce...millions of folks stood on the side lines for the past 10 years...now millions are coming back in. Employment for blacks, women and latinos is at the highest point in the history of the U.S. economy (in recent months). My past life as workforce analyst tells me this economy might keep moving ahead for many months. Anything could happen, but seeing more blue sky than clouds.
- bRobert: @traderbren $ALB MANY perky names in the chemical sector. $TSE $KEM $CC more
- Ajax4Hire: $KEM - Kemet seems to be using 50day-MA as a floor. Will starting a position when VWAP gives signal.
- sierramp: @Ajax4Hire $KEM What chart are you using, 1 hr and VWAP30? Thx.
- traderbren: $KEM -- looking constructive here with a move off the 50dma. Low risk oppty with a stop below 50dma.
9. $KEM – Good rebound off 50-day MA. IBD 50 stock
10. $ANET – 6 month base. Definitely worth watching, as long as the 200-day MA holds up. “Inside day” today. Alert $280
11. $VNOM – SMM alert. Breakout. You are cha ...
- mopick: $KEM, back in with an old friend. Giving this one short shrift.
- JBed: $KEM low-risk entry at the 50 MA for those interested. NP.
- justinp: @JBed $KEM Thanks for pointing this one out, have been looking for an entry point.
19. $KEM – good entry if you’re looking to buy.
- petros06: looking for opinions on $KEM. good starter position? wait for closer to 50-day?
- gwenzee: @petros06 $KEM I don't follow this stock but in looking at the chart.....you don't know when the downtrend will stop. Wait until it does and you see some buyers stepping in. Patience.
- petros06: good point, thx@gwenzee $KEM
- bwcarnation1: $KEM up 4+%
- phgruver: @bwcarnation1 $KEM $KEM beat earnings handily. Last qtr was $0.45, consensus expectations were $0.47, and they reported $0.55. This could go a bit....
- Robert1965: @Dan $KEM reported up in PM 28.50-28.77, would this be a stock to watch for a trade
- Robert1965: $KEM Short at 27.20, BTC 25.58
- bwcarnation1: $KEM nice long tail
- JBed: $KEM I know @Dan took it off the growth list but I'm day-trading it with good results so far.
- cel55: $KEM nice rebound after early drop
- cel55: $KEM will turn green shortly?
- JBed: $KEM now positive on the day.
- KenB0707: Dan - Looks like $KEM is exhibiting strong comeback - comments? Ken
- champ: @KenB0707 $KEM ----- Yes.....very nice move off the low entry......watch the $DJI...the market...... now for entries, could help....on all entries.
- KenB0707: @champ $KEM $DJI Yes, Thanks.
- DAN: @KenB0707 $KEM Hi Ken. Yes, great rebound off $25 today. I suspect that level is going to hold. (I'll discuss this tonight).
4. $KEM – took off list after earnings.
5. $BLD – rebounded off S3
6. $DOCU – Squeezing. Alert $56.10
7. $AVGO – working on that gap.
8. $URBN – Defined risk entry for URBN. Stop at $43.35. (May want a tighter stop ...
- Robert1965: $KEM falling back to entry point earnings tomorrow Are they on the PM or AH
- petros06: @Robert1965 $KEM Per KEMET's website Earnings announcement at 9:00 am ET tomorrow
- Robert1965: $KEM anyone sellign into earnings
- phgruver: @Robert1965 $KEM ...Out of $KEM on 7/18, looking for a new entry. It'll probably be after earnings, now.
- petros06: @phgruver $KEM selling 1/2 to 2/3rds of my full position. I'm only up 10% so far. Protecting my profit. That said $KEM has beat earnings 6 of the last 8 qts.
- Robert1965: @petros06 $KEM thanks out too for small profit
- Robert1965: @phgruver $KEM out too looking for reentry aft earnings
- phgruver: Out of $KEM for now. Reducing risk and protecting profits....
- petros06: Question. When considering a stock, do you take into account the % held by institutions? For example, per TD Am, $ROKU has 38.82% held by institutions. $KEM has 73.45% and $INFO has 96.18%. It appears to me that the lower the % the more opportunity for increased % thus driving the stock up. Am I right, wrong or both? Appreciate any input.
- spmeyers: @petros06 $ROKU $KEM $INFO I don't consider this -- keep it simple
12. $KEM – Looking for a pause here. Up 50% since March. You should have tight trailing stop on your position – some, or all. Don’t let it fall below $26.
13. $NVEE – Strong RS. Up at all time highs. Support at $70
14. $ ...
5. $KEM – still going. Use trailing stop here.
6. $ATVI – Breakout above $80 on volume. Alert at $81.50
7. $TTWO – breaking out. Feb high is almost irrelevant.
8. $AMZN – Looking for much higher prices, but sold into this ...
- Robert1965: $KEM almost back up at YTD High of 28.68. missed the drop today to 27.77
7. $KEM – still going. Volume good today.
8. $GLOB – breakout and fakeout. Light volume. I bought some today. Still in it...but not happy about it. Volume was only average.
9. $STMP – recoiling off June high. This is NOT a bu ...
- DAN: $KEM -- breaking out today. I added, but be mindful that R3 is up at $27.29. Look for some selling pressure there. But a breakout above that level would be a very positive sign. (Looking forward to Q&A on pivot points/VWAP later this week. Hope you can join me).
- Robert1965: @DAN $KEM Where was your add mine was late 26.57 where would be the next add, put stop 25.57, it that too tight
10. $KEM – Breaking out. Added today. A run through R3 is a big deal...on twice average volume. All time high. Up 45%.
11. $GLOB – working on the top at $57.50. Alert $57.50
12. $IQ – still doing covered strangles on this.
16. $KEM – working fine.
17. $BLD – below 50-day MA is not a good thing.
18. $ALRM – left this on the list because it fell so fast that taking it off would have been tantamount to selling at the bottom. But there is a lot of suppl ...
- bsafriet: $KEM Very strong today.
- bsafriet: @bsafriet $KEM Closed strong, opened new position at the bell. Only news I found were increase of eps and revs for Q3.
- bsafriet: $AMOT $SAIL $NOVT $BEAT $TXN $KEM. Started new positions today. All had been on my watch list except $AMOT which was an @Dan post that looked good on fundies and technicals EXCEPT volume, but market cap is $476.57M - 9.48M shares outstanding. That plus a slow market let me cut it some slack. Hope it doesn’t bite me in the seat of the pants when it comes time to sell........
13. $KEM – squeezing...but not yet “a squeeze.” But do hold this stock. It has not been weak during market volatility.
14. $TWTR – still squeezing. Bought more today. Alert $45.25
15. $GLOB – WATCH...don’t tra ...
|Stock Price||$USD 18.15|
Kemet Corporation is a global manufacturer of capacitors. Its product offerings include tantalum, multilayer ceramic, solid and electrolytic aluminum, film and paper capacitors.Request Video of KEM
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $USD 23.63 31.01%
- $USD 36.52 29.32%
- $USD 24.65 21.76%
- $USD 7.07 -30.80%
- $USD 10.41 -26.80%
- $USD 250.12 -25.61%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 62,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (62,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!