GrubHub Inc. (NYSE:GRUB)
Old Forum Content for GRUBMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- rachel: STRATEGY SESSION NOTES 030619 COTD: $BZUN – how to sell into strength. $SPX – this is a broad pullback that’s likely to keep going. $DJI – same $DJT – REALLY the same $NDX – not where you want to be. $FFTY – momentum index falling. $XAL – brace for impact. $PLNT – you should be selling into this. $SAVE – Final approach for a rough landing. Remember...this is NOT on the GSL. $TNDM – This is solidly in Phase 2. I would not be long here. $AJRD – Are you using stops? $ACIA – when you get the “can’t help its”. $NFLX – Alert $370 $GRUB – when the 50-day MA doesn’t hold, you need to pay attention.
$GRUB – still basing. Just watch. Alert $83.50
$GRUB – same pattern as EA.
$GOSS – why you don’t want to buy an IPO on the opening print.
I am trading with 25%.
- debeers: $GRUB-visited the vomitorium today. Food delivery business had margin issues. NP
- thehook1: @DAN $GRUB caught this during the pukefest this morning & made enough for new shoes....ty for teaching us how to spot these & capitalize
- borden_john: @thehook1 $GRUB Thats a heck of a move, nice catch
- Hans_Schultz1: @thehook1 $GRUB I watched it the first hour and then had to get back to my day job. Nice one.
- johnny: $GRUB is this basing?
- puttz: $GRUB Aggravated I was stopped out of my trade yesterday. Now not so much
COTD: $GRUB – breaking down here. Would not be buying. I would be selling.
Extremely choppy market. Fewer and fewer stocks are working. You should be holding much less than you used to have...and cash is a position.
Tomorrow – ...
$GRUB – much sloppier than FN, but same idea. Alert $140
$UNH – Alert $271.50
$RP – oversold bounce? Stop below $60. Alert $61.50
$SFIX – stable at $28.50...but this might not work. Watch ...
I sold calls on my $ROKU position today as the chart looks like $ROKU is entering into a consolidation phase again. If you look at the 6 month/daily chart you’ll see an irregular stair-step pattern that often results from institutions accumul ...
- woodman: $GRUB still working.
- JustJoe: @woodman $GRUB it's the best thing in portfolio and with 7% gain on a over size portion I"m taking taking half off.
- bsafriet: $GRUB B/O ATH long calls
- bRobert: $GRUB 20d bounce Well behave uptrend in strong stock.
- Robert1965: $GRUB all time high 141.42
- Cheezit: $GRUB about to break through high.
$GRUB – I’m looking for some backing and filling here.
$TTD -- breakout? Looking for $160, with a stop below $130.
- traderbren: $GRUB - looking constructive here...although this is day 3.
- DAN: $GRUB -- FYI -- I'm adding to my position if GRUB goes above $136.10. That would be above yesterday's high of $136.07.
- traderbren: $GRUB - working its way back here.
- bsafriet: $ANET $PRLB $HFC $GRUB $CHGG $OLLI $LULU $M All had nice moves today.
11. $GRUB – up today on decent volume. Seems like it could use more time. This is what I would call a “weak” floor.
12. $DOCU – starting to break out
13. $ROKU – flag pattern below all time high of $60.65. Alert $60. ...
- issues: IBD 50 this week: ABMD $ADBE $ALGN $ALRM $ALSN $BZUN $CPRT $CTRL $CYBR $EHC $EPAM $ESIO $ETFC $EVR $FIVE $FTNT $GRUB $HIIQ $HQY $IDTI $IDXX $ILMN $JAZZ $KEM $LGND $LULU $MA $MEDP $MPWR $MTCH $NANO $NOW $OEC $PANW $PAYC $PGTI $PLNT $PRAH $PSXP $SBRA $SIVB $TEAM $TREX $TRU $TTD $V $VEEV $VNOM $WING $WWE
- woodman: $GRUB creeping up the 8dEMA.
- Robert1965: $GRUB up to 131.70
- Robert1965: $GRUB is this off the list
- puttz: @Robert1965 $GRUB Yes
- puttz: $GRUB @DAN Is this gone off our Growth Stock List? I can't see where it was looking through the history.
- DAN: @puttz $GRUB Ii made that call after the big earnings pop, suggesting that you take profits because the stock had run up about 35% in just a couple of months. So it was right to take profits. But I still like GRUB and would not suggest that you sell it now if you happen to hold it. My exodus was prompted by protecting capital against an unknown downside move. This recent support at $122 pretty much defines the downside, so we know the risk.
- puttz: @DAN $GRUB Thanks Dan. I sold half @ $133 and change but since added back to a full position. I'll just keep a tight leash on it.
- issues: @DAN $GRUB added on this flag pattern. Thank you!
- Robert1965: $GRUB have very small position at 123.00, when would you add, stop was at 121.
- Motorman: $GRUB phase 3 attempt
8. $GRUB – Phase 2 complete. Prior GSL holding. Now building new base.
9. $VNOM – Alert $36.10
10. $TSLA – Short squeeze. You just don’t know how far this can/will go. Might reverse tomorrow...or not. I am hedged either ...
- puttz: $GRUB Sold half much higher. At what point do you add back those shares? Or do you just not buy them back at all.
- DAN: $GRUB -- You really do need to be taking profits here. Have been saying this for the past couple of days. Please pay attention. If you want to keep some stock, fine. But at least take some of it off the table if you haven't already. (If you have taken some off the table...then great job!) --Dan
4. $GRUB – DO take some profits. This is “Day 2”.
5. $LOGM – Down huge. Look for potential oversold bounce tomorrow.
6. $ABMD – This is why you don’t hold a stock over earnings unless (1) you’ve taken some ...
- Amykris: I think the 59min trade would be with $Grub this morning. Seems to be moving. From chart above 120 is clear skies. Thoughts from anyone in from of a computer with support / resistance lines? Thanks
- Amykris: @Kjksm1 $BA possibly. Look at $Grub as well
- jgg8387: $GRUB @Amykris According to Schwab, Pivot is 109.88, R1=112.29, R2=104.24, R3=121.17, S1=106.65, S2=104.24, s3=98.60. Does that help?
- Laws13: @jgg8387 $GRUB Are they not yesterday's numbers?
- puttz: $GRUB Anybody taking profits or handing on. I'm in for the long term but when do you bail?
- tigerjohn8: @puttz $GRUB with it being up so much in one day I will sell my small position today when i think (guess) it's topping
- judysteiner: Day traded with profits, $HA, $IRBT $GRUB holding Grub in long term account.59 min traded around it
- vincenzo: @DAN Dan, I know you said $GRUB is a holding, not trading, stock. Do you still feel that way after this morning's gap up?
- DAN: @vincenzo $GRUB Yes. It works. If you're long, there's nothing wrong with taking a bit off the table to book some profits. But I wouldn't sell the entire position. You should be selling in fractions.
- vincenzo: @DAN $GRUB Sold 1/3 and will replace if/when it settles down.
- DAN: @vincenzo $GRUB Good job, vincenzo.
- Robert1965: $IRBT $GRUB does anyone think these have gone up too fast
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $IRBT $GRUB $IRBT nearly 40% short. 14d to cover
- bRobert: $GRUB When it >$120 it triggered the move to $140 . Measured move completed.
- Amykris: @jgg8387 $GRUB Thank you for the information. Unfortunately I missed the trade on this one, but I appreciate the info
- DAN: $GRUB -- if you are still long GrubHub, you should be taking "some" profit today. The stock is up bigly -- almost 25%. That's a big move, and buying pressure actually peaked at about 1 pm today. So there is more risk of weakness than further upside at this point. This is a function of risk management, not prediction. If you aren't booking big profits, then you'll be stuck with small profits and small losses. And if you don't have the discipline to book a big gain when you have it because you're always looking for more, then you might not have enough discipline to keep your losses small. Gang, it's all about the math. Take some profits NOW! --Dan
- marrit: @DAN $GRUB done, feeling great
- DAN: @marrit $GRUB Great job! Now, if GRUB keeps moving higher, you need to continue to feel great rather than feel regret that you didn't hold it all. Gotta avoid the temptation to think you could have sold at the exact top.
- schimcity: @bigbartabs $FFTY also decent $GRUB component at 3.43%
1. $GRUB – GSL stock. Blowout earnings. Now up 35% since we put it on the list. You should be reducing your position into this strength over the next day or 2. Keep some...but reduce your cost basis in the position.
2. $ROKU – GSL st ...
- Robert1965: $GRUB has anyone notice this today up to 114.33 3.6%
- Larryzz: @Robert1965 $GRUB Yes, I noticed, because I have a teensy position that I keep chickening out on enlarging. Sold most of it a while ago for a small profit.
9. $GRUB – still working on a base. Patience needed here. Holding stock, not trading stock.
10. $HTHT – Take this off the list IF it trades below $40. Bad RS line. Alert $40.
11. $ICUI – working ok. Holding up above $290. Form ...
2. $GRUB – still in channel...but holding at 50-day MA
3. $ALGN – very strong move today. Support at $350.
4. $GLOB – breakout above $57.50.
5. $KEM – still going. Use trailing stop here.
6. $ATVI – Breakout above $ ...
9. $GRUB – buyable here…though the $120-100 drop is pretty recent.
10. $ALGN – needs a lot of rest here.
11. $ANET – remains in a basing pattern. $250 is support. The longer this sideways channel lasts, the stronger the mo ...
- woodman: Looked at the SMM #Growth Stocks. Some observations/thoughts about several of them: $BLD - bouncing off bottom of rising channel. $GRUB - on rising support (from 2/9/18). $OLLI - bounce off 50 day. $ATHM - bounce off rising support (drawn from 12/1/17); needs to get back up through the 50 day. $CPRT - bounce off 50 day. $TRHC - to state the obvious, great chart.
- captron: @woodman $BLD $GRUB $OLLI $ATHM $CPRT $TRHC #Growth Look at $NVEE also. I think Dan said he added it but it does not show up in the column under growth. It broke out today.
3. $GRUB – very steep pullback, which is NOT what we like to see. If there was a lot of demand for the stock, it would NOT have behaved the way it did. The fall away from $120 would have been cushioned by new buyers. I would sell if it fall ...
- Ajax4Hire: $GRUB - Grubhub; Sold everything this morning; Despair.com Mistakes - It could be that your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.
- JBed: $GRUB low-risk buy. Long calls.
- Robert1965: @JBed $GRUB bought stock at 110.00 today what calls do you have '
- JBed: @Robert1965 $GRUB $115 calls exp August. Quite underwater but holding my breath.
- CoyoteDuster: $DOCU stopped out yesterday. $GRUB stopped out at 112.58, bought back in at 110.45. $BA buy stop triggered at $340.33
- JBed: $HD, $GRUB, $FIVE all just starting to come off lows.
$GRUB – popping out of squeeze at right side of base. Hoping it will pull back a bit next week for $110 entry.
$HTHT – hold this. 4/1 stock split and still going strong. Broke out from deep base at $40.
$ICUI – up 14%. High RS. ...
- Allen: @phgruver $ETSY I"ve got some $35 options that should be up a few hundred %. $GRUB is also up nicely premarket
- rachel: STRATEGY SESSION NOTES 061418 COTD: $SEND is breaking out. Alert $29.42 NOTE: I will be out next week. $SPX – still at resistance. $DJI – at resistance. $MDY – Looking good. $IWM – Looking really good. $QQQ – tech still going. $ETSY – take profits here, with a stop below $40 on all of it. $QLYS – up nicely in a short period of time. $93.50 is intraday support. With such a fast profit, you should be protecting yourself. Alert $93.45 $TWTR – use intraday lows for stop reference. Stop below $44 now. $FB – Target $250 $GRUB – breakout from base. $IQ – HODL stock. $HUYA – Very fast stock $DBX – great trading vehicle today.
- riskmanager: @rachel $SEND $SPX $DJI $MDY $IWM $QQQ $ETSY $QLYS $TWTR $FB $GRUB $IQ $HUYA $DBX : So Dan's out next week. We all know what happens when this happens.
- Wykeman: @Dan Dan's right on this one $GRUB
- baronp0329: Added more $GRUB at 114.70. now full position (Long Term account) Added more $PAYC at 112. now full position (Trading account)
8. $GRUB – breakout to new high. Extended...but up today on high volume.
9. $RCM – still holding up in trading zone.
10. $PRLB – I took profits today. I won’t be trading next week, and didn’t see much upside over the ...
4. $GRUB – breaking out on volume. Right side of base built now. $113 is resistance.
5. $PRLB – up $45 since November addition. ½ off in May. Now starting next leg higher. Add on any pullbacks.
6. $QLYS – great move tod ...
- ascutia833sunset: @Dan, was able to open positions on $CNSL and $GRUB at the open this morning. Thanks Dan
$AMTD 4% > 50 SMA ; $NOW 4% > 50 SMA ; $FND 4% > 50 SMA ; $GRUB 3% > 50 SMA ; $PANW 1% > 50 SMA
5 IBD >= -6% but < 0% below the 50 SMA
$MTCH -1% < 50 SMA ; $IBKR -3% < 50 SMA ; $PAYC -4% < 50 SMA ; $VNOM -6% < ...
$GRUB – Holding firm.
$ANET – GSL stock. Alert $280.
$PRLB – leaking out the top of a base, with support at $125.
$ROKU – this could run awhile.
$MZOR – popping out of a squeeze
$H – Pullback to support at $82. ...
9. $GRUB – Ok to start a position here.
10. $SQM – remember…this is TOTALLY speculative, based on lithium battery. No commitment to it. If it’s below $50, it’s gone. Period. It’s a stock, not a dog.
11. $PRLB ...
- JBed: $GRUB headed down to 20 MA after false breakout.
- bwcarnation1: @JBed $GRUB just sold for a loss :(
- JBed: @bwcarnation1 $GRUB You're not alone...I took a loss after the fakeout.
- Shopaholic526: $VEEV $GRUB $NOW $FB $ICUI Stopped out with small losses and some gains. After years of trading, I finally understand the importance of stops for small losses and protection of gains. Thanks to Dan for telling me the value of my portfolio is equivalent to the value when all my stops get hit.
- DAN: @Shopaholic526 $VEEV $GRUB $NOW $FB $ICUI Great trading, Shopaholic526. Now that you've kept more dough, you can live up to your handle here and go shopping!!! ;-) Dan
10. $GRUB – pulling back to support near $100. Buy on signs of holding...with a stop at $99.
11. $HTHT – closed yesterday. Needs a rest. Alert $31.50 AND $28.10
12. $VEEV – reversal on volume. Traders should be avoiding.
13. $S ...
- alfred1939: @Gary $FIVE $SPX $TNX $DJI $DJT $MDY $IWM $COMPQX $USO $XLE $XOP $OIH $XRT $COST $ROST $PVH $DOCU $IQ $ICUI $TWTR $KEM $HUYA $GRUB $Helo Gary, is this the list that SMM has on the books? I am confused CAT $TAN $FSLR $CSIQ $MCD $FOXA #NOTES
- Mpower27: @alfred1939 $FIVE $SPX $TNX $DJI $DJT $MDY $IWM $COMPQX $USO $XLE $XOP $OIH $XRT $COST $ROST $PVH $DOCU $IQ $ICUI $TWTR $KEM $HUYA $GRUB $Helo $TAN $FSLR $CSIQ $MCD $FOXA #NOTES The above is what is in the nightly video.
- Shopaholic526: $AMZN $ISRG $VEEV $RHT $LOPE $NFLX $AKAM $TAL $GRUB $NOW Went on a major shopping spree yesterday. Have to live up to my name. Set stops everywhere. Most are working. Building positions gradually after April.
- gig1: $GRUB Breaking out. Have full position.
- spmeyers: @gig1 $GRUB breakout fake-out; hate those
8. $GRUB – Failed breakout here. Needs to rebuild. Not working yet.
9. MGPI – popping out of $90 squeeze. Alert $92
10. $STX – Alert at $60.00
11. $HCC – testing $30. Alert $30.10.
12. $TAL – suppor ...
7. $GRUB – be in no hurry to buy. Alert $110
8. $ALGN – use a trailing stop. $325 is reference for your stop. Alert $325
9. $OLLI – holding
10. $BLD – week for 3 consecutive days. This is negative price action.
11. $TRHC ...
- BocaRick: $GRUB #Canaccord upgrades to BUY, PT 130
- wineinquirer: $VEEV, $GRUB Dan, if time permits, would you take a look at VEEV & GRUB this evening? Both look to be developing constructive patterns. Many thx
|Stock Price||$USD 75.90|
GrubHub Inc provides an online and mobile platform for restaurant pick-up and delivery orders.Request Video of GRUB
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 24th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 34.16 27.10%
- $USD 14.76 24.44%
- $USD 63.46 15.22%
- $USD 5.36 -18.82%
- $USD 16.36 -13.95%
- $USD 30.04 -7.84%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!