GrubHub Inc. (NYSE:GRUB)
Old Forum Content for GRUBMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- JBed: $GRUB giving you a chance to add or get back in.
- traderbren: $GRUB - got short yesterday with a put. If it breaks through 8 ema, its likely to head to the 50dma....unless some company comes out and buys them....but why would they?
- scottrades: @traderbren $GRUB Nice Trade!!
- Auto: $GRUB zzzzzzzz lol
- Auto: $GRUB BOOM!!!!
- cgendro1: @Auto $GRUB per Schwab, trading is halted
- Auto: $GRUB 21% short heading north added
- tnt: Watching the strategy session by @Dan yesterday and $GRUB. I see a similar setup with $TRIP that can be bought right here and now. I am a buyer of $TRIP here. I don't see $TRIP as a name that is going away anytime soon. TripAdvisor has a loyal following.
- CraigReynolds: @tnt $GRUB $TRIP Believe yesterday, Najarian pointed out over 5k Dec 29 C bought in $TRIP.
- Ajax4Hire: @Max115 $YETI Their products are fabulous! Yeti cooler is #1 item stolen at campsites; NEVER leave your Yeti cooler un-secure. But, that fabulousness comes at a very steep cost. Yes, there is a fan base but selling highly durable items means you are in constant looking-for-the-next-new-customer mode. Most importantly, the technology is easily transferrable, not monopolizable, hard to stop competitors. Walmart sells "Ozark" brand similar but less expensive, nearly identical, IS identical to the proletariat. Like $SQ, $GRUB, $APRN, a great idea but without protection from world-wide competition can destroy business model.
- coldevinc: @DAN $GSX $SPX $DJI $DJT $DJUSRR $NSC $NDX $FFTY $MTUM $XME $OIH $XOP $XLE $IYR $SOCL $FB $GRUB $XLF $GS $STNE $EDU $PLMR $TPX $DAVA $APPS $PAYC $PCTY $PRFT $RGEN $CPRT $LDOS $ALLK $COLD $LULU $INMD $T $PG Thank you for always doing these end of day updates. It helps me to finalize the notes in my trading book at the end of the day!
$GRUB -- The power of patience. Slam play took 2 days to start.
$XLF -- working. No one really talking about it.
$GS -- Alert $222
$STNE -- Added today at 38.50. Stop 33.35. This is a breakout year in earnings. 2019 +90 ...
- Sher: @PhilHarmonic $GOOS - Yes, I see that - MA reversals are pretty typical of stocks where excessively huge post-earnings "smack-downs" have occurred, ie. $GRUB...
- Pcdentist: $GRUB 59r
- Ringo: $GRUB-thx for mention this otherwise I will missed
- Pcdentist: @Ringo $GRUB Lots of eyes here,,,the 59’r trades are easy. Hope more post them
- Reif99: $GRUB down 30%
- Ajax4Hire: @Reif99 $GRUB and continues to move lower! No bounce here.
- Reif99: @Ajax4Hire $GRUB Yep, pretty easy to stay out of this one so far.
- sgiseller: @Reif99 $GRUB what a face plant, pretty happy I dumped this in early sept Still have Nov 65 calls that I sold for .85, just closed it out for .03
- zimzala: $GRUB Hope nobody held. Down 20% on earnings...
- JonathanTrades: @zimzala $GRUB Seems like a common thing for stocks lately...$TWTR
$GRUB -- might have upside here. Popping out of a squeeze.
$RAD -- Support at $8.00. Look for $10 top. This is a little cheat entry.
$RCII -- I have a position, but Thursday’s big reversal is a problem. Good stock shouldn’t do that.
- BocaRick: @debeers he is short $DVA and $GRUB
- debeers: $GRUB/$DVA---1st 2 on the Chanos short sell list are Grub Hub and Davita.
- baronp0329: @debeers $DVA $GRUB dropped from 63.70 to 61.50 when Chanos mentioned he is short GRUB! NP on GRUB.
- lostsheep: $GRUB upgrade with price target of 133 moving this 5% in pm trading at 78.55. 20 % of the float is short and now back above the currently down sloping 200 day ma.
- shoredriver: @lostsheep $GRUB ...earnings in the morning.....
- lostsheep: $GRUB the morning pop faded and the pullback offered an opportunity for a trade, out before days end with earnings in the am May close above the 200 day ma since Oct 18. Any weakness in earning may be worth watching.
- Vineet: $GRUB - quite the decline PM...I don't see any news...candidate for oversold morning drop and bounce? Any thoughts?
- Bridget: @Vineet $GRUB not that significant of a drop, still within the BBs, and overall trend is still down.
- lostsheep: @Vineet $GRUB Don't know if legally you can dictate fees charged by food delivery companies, If someone wants to pay $10 to have their food delivered so be it. Obviously a more pressing issue than the rebates give to middlemen by drug company's.
- lostsheep: $GRUB - may make a run at the 200 day over head at 82 as it engulfs yesterdays candle and breaks above of this flag
$GRUB -- Watch $80. Still below 200-day MA, but a move above $80 could lead to something.
$XME -- metals working.
$AA -- Alert $23.25
$STLD - Alert $31.20
$X - Alert $15.00
$CMC -- pullback to 200-day MA is low risk buy. Stop at $17.30. Alert $17 ...
- lostsheep: $GRUB - upgrade by $C with a price target of 91. Resolution of the flag should get this back to the 200 ema near 80. 18 % short interest Very similar looking chart setup in $LYFT. 10% short interest
- Henry: @lostsheep $GRUB gap and go on the grubster
- lostsheep: @Henry $GRUB order delivery from $SHAK on the move out of a flag on an upgrade everybody has to eat descent short interest in both
Sher: FYI… Options updates (Schwab): $AMAT, $FXI, $GRUB, $PYX
Some unusual put activity (~3:1 over calls) is being seen in Applied Materials Inc. ($AMAT + $0.06 to $42.39) which is primarily being driven by activity on the June 28th 42.00 put. Volu ...
- lostsheep: $LYFT - bounce off 8ema daily and resolution of flag above and it probaly sees the 200 near 70 $GRUB - similar setup
- lostsheep: $GRUB - bounce of the 8ema yesterday. flag ready to resolve to the upside. move may be capped by the 200 but that's 7 points away. 18 % short interest
- lostsheep: $GRUB - deal with $DNKN working here, 79 is the 200 ema daily, I think it works its way there
- lostsheep: $GRUB- looking to go higher. after the $AMZN news a little pullback and a higher high. Maybe gets back to the 200
- lostsheep: $GRUB - move above yesterdays high working
- traderbren: $GRUB - nice move today, thanks to $AMZN getting out of the restaurant delivery biz. Now back above the long-term downtrend. NP.
- traderbren: $GRUB - trying to reclaim the 50d after working its way back from a gap & crap post earnings. NP
- traderbren: $GRUB - nice gap & puke...sadly I didn't take it as i was thinking it would make a nice short this morning.
- rachel: STRATEGY SESSION NOTES 030619 COTD: $BZUN – how to sell into strength. $SPX – this is a broad pullback that’s likely to keep going. $DJI – same $DJT – REALLY the same $NDX – not where you want to be. $FFTY – momentum index falling. $XAL – brace for impact. $PLNT – you should be selling into this. $SAVE – Final approach for a rough landing. Remember...this is NOT on the GSL. $TNDM – This is solidly in Phase 2. I would not be long here. $AJRD – Are you using stops? $ACIA – when you get the “can’t help its”. $NFLX – Alert $370 $GRUB – when the 50-day MA doesn’t hold, you need to pay attention.
$GRUB – still basing. Just watch. Alert $83.50
$GRUB – same pattern as EA.
$GOSS – why you don’t want to buy an IPO on the opening print.
I am trading with 25%.
- debeers: $GRUB-visited the vomitorium today. Food delivery business had margin issues. NP
- thehook1: @DAN $GRUB caught this during the pukefest this morning & made enough for new shoes....ty for teaching us how to spot these & capitalize
- borden_john: @thehook1 $GRUB Thats a heck of a move, nice catch
- Hans_Schultz1: @thehook1 $GRUB I watched it the first hour and then had to get back to my day job. Nice one.
- johnny: $GRUB is this basing?
- puttz: $GRUB Aggravated I was stopped out of my trade yesterday. Now not so much
COTD: $GRUB – breaking down here. Would not be buying. I would be selling.
Extremely choppy market. Fewer and fewer stocks are working. You should be holding much less than you used to have...and cash is a position.
Tomorrow – ...
$GRUB – much sloppier than FN, but same idea. Alert $140
$UNH – Alert $271.50
$RP – oversold bounce? Stop below $60. Alert $61.50
$SFIX – stable at $28.50...but this might not work. Watch ...
I sold calls on my $ROKU position today as the chart looks like $ROKU is entering into a consolidation phase again. If you look at the 6 month/daily chart you’ll see an irregular stair-step pattern that often results from institutions accumul ...
- woodman: $GRUB still working.
- JustJoe: @woodman $GRUB it's the best thing in portfolio and with 7% gain on a over size portion I"m taking taking half off.
- bsafriet: $GRUB B/O ATH long calls
- bRobert: $GRUB 20d bounce Well behave uptrend in strong stock.
- Robert1965: $GRUB all time high 141.42
- Cheezit: $GRUB about to break through high.
$GRUB – I’m looking for some backing and filling here.
$TTD -- breakout? Looking for $160, with a stop below $130.
- traderbren: $GRUB - looking constructive here...although this is day 3.
- DAN: $GRUB -- FYI -- I'm adding to my position if GRUB goes above $136.10. That would be above yesterday's high of $136.07.
- traderbren: $GRUB - working its way back here.
- bsafriet: $ANET $PRLB $HFC $GRUB $CHGG $OLLI $LULU $M All had nice moves today.
11. $GRUB – up today on decent volume. Seems like it could use more time. This is what I would call a “weak” floor.
12. $DOCU – starting to break out
13. $ROKU – flag pattern below all time high of $60.65. Alert $60. ...
- issues: IBD 50 this week: ABMD $ADBE $ALGN $ALRM $ALSN $BZUN $CPRT $CTRL $CYBR $EHC $EPAM $ESIO $ETFC $EVR $FIVE $FTNT $GRUB $HIIQ $HQY $IDTI $IDXX $ILMN $JAZZ $KEM $LGND $LULU $MA $MEDP $MPWR $MTCH $NANO $NOW $OEC $PANW $PAYC $PGTI $PLNT $PRAH $PSXP $SBRA $SIVB $TEAM $TREX $TRU $TTD $V $VEEV $VNOM $WING $WWE
- woodman: $GRUB creeping up the 8dEMA.
- Robert1965: $GRUB up to 131.70
- Robert1965: $GRUB is this off the list
- puttz: @Robert1965 $GRUB Yes
- puttz: $GRUB @DAN Is this gone off our Growth Stock List? I can't see where it was looking through the history.
- DAN: @puttz $GRUB Ii made that call after the big earnings pop, suggesting that you take profits because the stock had run up about 35% in just a couple of months. So it was right to take profits. But I still like GRUB and would not suggest that you sell it now if you happen to hold it. My exodus was prompted by protecting capital against an unknown downside move. This recent support at $122 pretty much defines the downside, so we know the risk.
- puttz: @DAN $GRUB Thanks Dan. I sold half @ $133 and change but since added back to a full position. I'll just keep a tight leash on it.
- issues: @DAN $GRUB added on this flag pattern. Thank you!
- Robert1965: $GRUB have very small position at 123.00, when would you add, stop was at 121.
- Motorman: $GRUB phase 3 attempt
8. $GRUB – Phase 2 complete. Prior GSL holding. Now building new base.
9. $VNOM – Alert $36.10
10. $TSLA – Short squeeze. You just don’t know how far this can/will go. Might reverse tomorrow...or not. I am hedged either ...
- puttz: $GRUB Sold half much higher. At what point do you add back those shares? Or do you just not buy them back at all.
- DAN: $GRUB -- You really do need to be taking profits here. Have been saying this for the past couple of days. Please pay attention. If you want to keep some stock, fine. But at least take some of it off the table if you haven't already. (If you have taken some off the table...then great job!) --Dan
4. $GRUB – DO take some profits. This is “Day 2”.
5. $LOGM – Down huge. Look for potential oversold bounce tomorrow.
6. $ABMD – This is why you don’t hold a stock over earnings unless (1) you’ve taken some ...
- Amykris: I think the 59min trade would be with $Grub this morning. Seems to be moving. From chart above 120 is clear skies. Thoughts from anyone in from of a computer with support / resistance lines? Thanks
- Amykris: @Kjksm1 $BA possibly. Look at $Grub as well
- jgg8387: $GRUB @Amykris According to Schwab, Pivot is 109.88, R1=112.29, R2=104.24, R3=121.17, S1=106.65, S2=104.24, s3=98.60. Does that help?
- Laws13: @jgg8387 $GRUB Are they not yesterday's numbers?
- puttz: $GRUB Anybody taking profits or handing on. I'm in for the long term but when do you bail?
- tigerjohn8: @puttz $GRUB with it being up so much in one day I will sell my small position today when i think (guess) it's topping
- judysteiner: Day traded with profits, $HA, $IRBT $GRUB holding Grub in long term account.59 min traded around it
- vincenzo: @DAN Dan, I know you said $GRUB is a holding, not trading, stock. Do you still feel that way after this morning's gap up?
- DAN: @vincenzo $GRUB Yes. It works. If you're long, there's nothing wrong with taking a bit off the table to book some profits. But I wouldn't sell the entire position. You should be selling in fractions.
- vincenzo: @DAN $GRUB Sold 1/3 and will replace if/when it settles down.
- DAN: @vincenzo $GRUB Good job, vincenzo.
- Robert1965: $IRBT $GRUB does anyone think these have gone up too fast
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $IRBT $GRUB $IRBT nearly 40% short. 14d to cover
- bRobert: $GRUB When it >$120 it triggered the move to $140 . Measured move completed.
- Amykris: @jgg8387 $GRUB Thank you for the information. Unfortunately I missed the trade on this one, but I appreciate the info
|Stock Price||$USD 57.47|
GrubHub Inc provides an online and mobile platform for restaurant pick-up and delivery orders.Request Video of GRUB
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 30th, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 228.19 59.81%
- $USD 74.13 51.57%
- $USD 11.29 50.55%
- $USD 5.62 -23.94%
- $USD 12.50 -9.53%
- $USD 19.62 -9.15%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 70,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (70,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!