Ebix Inc. (NASDAQ:EBIX)
Old Forum Content for EBIXMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- marketdude: $EBIX down over 20% and way BELOW 3rd standard deviation bollinger band...possible LONG 59 minute trade
- marketdude: @marketdude $EBIX bought @14.77, email@example.com, nice 7.5% return for 3 minutes of work!
- Fredjo: @marketdude $EBIX followed this and took a nice easy profit , thanks ! This is from the 59min trader course you could spot this ?
- roddog101: $EBIX rebuttal coming soon possibly, or might not come till afterhours or at all, one would think they would respond to a smash and grab report tho...testing lod area now, prob not a bad intraday risk
- Fredjo: @roddog101 $EBIX took a small position on it , probably not a good idea to leave the trade open.
- Fredjo: $EBIX moves higher after defending itself against short report
- issues: I was looking at IBD group 17 Computer Software Enterprise with $EBIX $AMPL $TTGT $AMSWA $MODN and $FIVN. We hold a couple but FIVN reports ah Mon and I'm trying to decide what to do with it. It's at a low from $211 (now $147) and I can't decide whether to hold over earnings or sell it, or sell half... suggestions?
- issues: @bRobert #don Good points Dr bRobert. Is the "b" for Bob? I was wondering, with all your great points, what sector in oil do you favor the most? Oil exploration is a good IBD industry as well as Semi conductors. We are holding quite a few oil names like $MTDR $DEN $CVX etc. The only oil stock I see in the IBD 50 this week is $CPE. CPE is in IBD group 4 Oil Exploration along with $DEN $EOG $DVN $AR and $FANG. COMPUTER SFTWR-SECURITY GROUP is number 17 on IBD, includes $EBIX $TTGT $NET $AMPL... Retail is group 3 with $DDS, $M $KSS JWN $ASAI $JWEL What are you holding recently?
- issues: $EBIX $AMPL $TTGT $MODN $LCID. I prior post didn't post... let's see if this one does.
- bRobert: $EBIX. Looks ready to fill the gap. Trigger > $37.50. target $50. Shorts 21%. 12 days
- joelsg1: @Forexpro $EBIX Thank you sir, always valuable to hear your views.
- Micvanlen: $EBIX. What do we do about this? There's a class action suit initiated by Schall Law Firm. I bought on the bounce before news hit my account about the accounting firm resigning.
- Pokersmith: @Micvanlen $EBIX Ouch, quite a haircut, that sux . Imho, depending on how strongly you feel about holding this stock, step back, zoom out to the longest timeframe. Max / quarterly for example, or 5 year / monthly. Make ANY decision from that perspective. If just a trade...well, is that capital not better placed elsewhere ?
- Anodos: @Micvanlen $EBIX I traded the bounce yesterday as well. It was a profitable move. I got out before the close of the day, however. That is pretty big news, and I wouldn't stick around much longer. You might get a little more snapback in the next several days, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot. As far as the lawsuit is concerned, it's just what automatically happens whenever there is news like that. It's just white noise at this point.
- Micvanlen: Advice on Stops (@Dan or @scotttrades): I joined SMM last month and love the site; learning lots. However, my entire trade portfolio stopped out before I open my eyes today (I'm in the West). Before I could do anything, prices started to bounce and some of my picks rallied to the prior day close by 1:00PM EST. I didn't have huge positions because I'm still learning, but stopping out before I could start trading made this an expensive day. I've been very careful with my entries, so I really haven't taken much for loses (not withstanding ephing $EBIX). In fact, the only time I've lost is when I got stopped out and the price rallied before 11:00am EST. If it weren't for stopping out, I'd be mostly green. Advice?
Forexpro: @Micvanlen $EBIX
I'm not nearly cool enough to be either Dan or Scottrades, and I trust that one or both will offer their views. I have been hanging around here for quite a while, however. Dan generally advises removing stops when a ...
- Micvanlen: @Forexpro $EBIX Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.
- Ajax4Hire: @Forexpro $EBIX I take a different tact; Stop-Loss is for when I am wrong. When I am wrong, I want out; I can always buy it back. Disappointed when stop-loss is hit but that pales in comparison to regret if I hold all the way down. This is not a game, it is a job. The difference is emotion. A game inflames emotions; Check emotions at the door for job/work.
- jeff_free69: @Micvanlen $EBIX Hey there - I've been here just under a year, so still a rookie. I lost a couple today too, here's my take: Days like today happen every now and then, and claim many victims. ( I lost $TTD after 1 day!) I look at it as circuit breaker that gives you a chance to take a timeout, without sweating it out and watching a small loss turn into a big one. You can always reevaluate and see if it was you that was wrong , or if it was a general flush / flash crash. Then reset the circuit if you've checked and see that things have stabilized and are still good.
- joelsg1: @Forexpro $EBIX Right re removing stops on big gap lower, but I think market makers can ‘see’ stops (no matter how one sets them as your broker will still need to know to execute, and can’t believe that little bit of info would be excluded from sales of “order flow”). Once the direction is established, long tails/wicks added on to hit stops not much additional trouble, then quickly hit bids to drive reversal higher. Am I wearing a foil hat on this?
Forexpro: @joelsg1 $EBIX
I'm an advocate of alert levels rather than stops, but my understanding is that the member to whom I responded sometimes/always isn't able to monitor the market prior to or right around the opening. I don't know any goo ...
- Anodos: $ebix are we looking for this cat to bounce? Or let it show a little life first?
- bRobert: @Anodos $ebix It has bounced Stop below low of day with SMALL entry if you like
$EBIX nh $70 /$100 potential
$CHWY WEEKLY C&H breakout $200 potential $140 Daily high base LOOK for a pb bounce
$DOYU nh WEEKLY high vol C&H breakout and MACD cross $27 LOOK for pb bounce
$LASR nh WE ...
- Ronmoz: @bRobert $ZVO $NLS $LEAF $CGEN $BASI $BLDR $CLDR $EBIX $CHWY $DOYU $LASR $LIZI $LYV $LRCX $MOS $NDLA $QTRX $SBLK $TER $TRTN $VG $URI $PENN $HRI $TWOU $VIVO $CODX $ALT $SAM $SHOP $BIDU $BABA #1 Great info, thanks @bRobert. Is the symbol for $NDLA correct?
- bRobert: @Ronmoz $ZVO $NLS $LEAF $CGEN $BASI $BLDR $CLDR $EBIX $CHWY $DOYU $LASR $LIZI $LYV $LRCX $MOS $NDLA $QTRX $SBLK $TER $TRTN $VG $URI $PENN $HRI $TWOU $VIVO $CODX $ALT $SAM $SHOP $BIDU $BABA #1 Thx. $NDLS.
- bRobert: @bRobert $ZVO $NLS $LEAF $CGEN $BASI $BLDR $CLDR $EBIX $CHWY $DOYU $LASR $LIZI $LYV $LRCX $MOS $NDLA $QTRX $SBLK $TER $TRTN $VG $URI $PENN $HRI $TWOU $VIVO $CODX $ALT $SAM $SHOP $BIDU $BABA #1 $NDLS. correction for NDLA Many. off the nh. list. An underutilized powerful tool
- Anodos: @bRobert $EBIX are you looking at this pullback to near $50 as a buying opportunity?
- JosephM: $EBIX..stopped out a few weeks ago. Haven't heard much about it lately. I for one am struggling. Just saying.
- bRobert: @JosephM $EBIX I am long and have posted many times on this. Recommended a partial and some breathing room Short squeeze material. $80. potential. $50. target 1. acquired Cheap. growth. /valuation
- scottrades: @JosephM $EBIX Hey Joseph, I do not believe that you're alone in being out of sync with the market, it happens to everyone. The key is just to recognize it and focus on what you do best. Don't be afraid to buy back into a stock that has setup again and look back at what happened, where you bought and sold and what you can learn. It's a never ending journey, embrace the bumps.
- bRobert: @bRobert $EBIX I don't know. why you would have been stopped. out It has behaved in a very polite fashion Even on the daily. NO DRAMA moves. Stop < 20d is. the proper stop and was really pretty tight Please ask questions. More than enough friendly members to give you a hand
- JosephM: $EBIX.. bRobert your idea, no doubt. Kudos to you sir for what you do. You are why I got into this stock in the first place. I am trying to follow so many of your excellent ideas. . Honestly, there are so many names thrown around here, so ...
- JosephM: $EBIX..probably a month ago used the prior day low around $35ish. Dumb.
- JosephM: @scottrades $EBIX thank you Scott. Your advice is excellent. With all the high quality names thrown around here, a big part of my issue is organization. I have cried for help on this one before. I don't know how to create a good watchlist. I have tried a few without success. What is recommended? Thank you sir.
- scottrades: @JosephM $EBIX Hmm, that's a great question. Let me try and come up with something deeper, but for starters... I think the key is to have a few watch lists you like and look at them every day for potential entries.
- JosephM: @scottrades $EBIX thanks Scott. What application would you recommend? I love the feature here to be able to hover and see a chart quickly. I haven't found that yet on a watch list. Maybe the paid version of Finviz?
- bRobert: $CSV $45 target $RICK $70 $EBIX $60 CHEAP growth Great charts Under the radar I like that Peter Lynch preferred the not so bright and shiny objects Long term holds Take advantage of a pullback to the 20d
- bRobert: $EBIX. nh MMP. daily $60. target
- bRobert: $EBIX nh Breakout retest bounce provided Easy low risk entry $50/$60 targets to start Outstanding earnings revenue growth CHEAP CHEAP Pullback bounces $LPX WEEKLY C&H $60 target 50% upside WOOD bull market $PATK $125 80% $TREX $140 50% $WY $50+ 50%
- jschibal: $EBIX - Just started a position
- bRobert: @jschibal $EBIX One of my Spec holds. $60+ . Long term. HIGHER. POTENTIAL
- bRobert: $EBIX ADD on bounce $60+
- bRobert: $VERI. Fresh. daily /WEEKLY. C&H. breakout on. a 20% 2x. volume pop Friday. $60/$65 potential targets $50. interim. Watch for. a pullback. retest Bounce. You will see one soon Renaissance is riding shotgun. Welcome company. on a long trip. Only 35% institutional ownership. Room for. much more np. yet. Watching for the pb/bounce Sometimes it pays be $LAZY. WEEKLY. MMP. C&H. pinch $27/$30. potential. 100%. Daily. / WEELY breakout Pullback. Retest ...............Buy the bounce with a trailing stop $EBIX. Follow up. Daily. MMP. Breakout from. squeeze handle Retest. WEEKLY. reversal. $50/$60. Long term. $100. potential Big weekly. base
- bRobert: $LGVW My spec. 10% move. 50%. upside. target. is $30. BFLY. acquisition later this month $EBIX. C&H pinch. breakout. $50/$60. pb/bounces $BIG WEEKLY. view is the right view. . C&H. tighter consolidation. Green weekly trading candle printed Close to. 50/200week. Rubber bands limber and ready to be STRETCHED. to. $100 $PLCE. Gert ready to. bounce on the bounce. $80/$110+ . Shorts 30%.
- bRobert: $EBIX update MMP daily C&H pinch WEEKLY reversal $50/$60 targets Higher long term $MED Good day WEEKLY Cup&h like /pinch reversal breakout A MMP pattern $220 acquired $300/$350+ ahead $ALGN WEEKLY monster C&H like $800 potential Daily C&H breakout retest $640 $ABMD WEEKLY C&H breakout $520 Daily C&H $400 $HLF $80 $NUS $80/$100 pyramid birds of a feather WEEKLY reversal/pinch breakouts Look for pullback/retest/bounces You will get one
- bRobert: $OKTA. WEEKLY. C&H. breakout/retest $300/$400+ $UNH. WEEEKLY C&H. breakout. Retest Bounce. $$370/$500. $MOH. $300 . $HUM $600 $LC. Power move breakout . on. Thursday. C&H. Daily/WEEKLY. $15 - $16. target $EBIX. WEEKLY. C&H. pinch. Daily. Flag $50/$60. $ABMD. WEEKLY. C&H pinch. $450/$500 $DVA. WEEKLY. C&H. breakout in motion. $135 $MED. WEEKLY. C&H pinch. $220/$300 $NVCR. WEEKLY C&H. $220/$230 $BCO. WEEKLY. C&H. $115 . Daily. Squeeze.
- bRobert: $EBIX squeeze out handle of C&H WEEKLY reversal $50 200 WEEK meet and greet High growth
- bRobert: $EBIX Tight pinch handle of daily C&H WEEKLY W reversal and Flag $45/$50 to start HIGHER long term with move > 200 WEEK Much higher Shorts 33% May get mowed down
- bRobert: $EBIX. C&H. pinch a bit in handle. $50+ . Long from below
- bRobert: $EBIX. Daily C&H. Handle pinch. $40./$50+ $NVCR. pullback bounce EARLY. wait for green. print. Stop < LOD. with buy tomorrow if still moving. $220. WEEKLY C&H.
- bRobert: $EBIX WEEKLY flag W reversal in motion $50/ $80 + long term POTENTIAL
- bRobert: $HIMX WEEKLY. C&H. Flag. $10/$12. targets nh. list. Renaissance was there before the breakout They are cheating. They own many on the nh list. Too many $NX nh. WEEKLY Reversal cup base $32. Daily high base breakout pullback bounce $24. next Mostly walks up > 20d. for marathon distances $EBIX. Big. C&H. flag daily and WEEKLY. WEEKLY. reversal got going with move. > 50 WEEK $50. target. 200 WEEK ceiling. $90+. POTENTIAL. when that ceiling is broken. Larger base expansion. Neckline rising and measured move targets following $NH. had a nh. Very volatile day Up 37%. after pullback. On my watch list Big WEEKLY C&H. with $10. potential. YES. Renaissance. Getting annoying. $OTIC. nh. WEEKLY Reversal.CUP $7.5 /$10. YES They are in there Pullback/bounces Enough examples. You get the idea. You can shop large/small cap. to suit your tastes. I plucked $SQ off the nh list at $90. and haven't looked back. Long leap calls
- bRobert: $EBIX. pullback from a speed bump. Far from done. $45/$50+
- bRobert: $EBIX Good spec hold $50 target WEEKLY reversal Pullback bounces $MED good spec hold $220 target 1 closer but zoom out to see the $300 + potential $AAXN high base cup on a big cup below $140 target with trigger
- bRobert: $SQ. Daily WEEKLY W breakout. $350. measured move. Pullback bounces. It's hip to be in SQ $EBIX. $50 WEEKLY. reversal. Pullback bounces. Extended flag high base daily $38. shorter term.
- bRobert: $EBIX rocket ship Daily falg trigger EXTENDED WEEKLY reversal in motion $50+ Speed bump $37 area
- bRobert: $EBIX Another spec that has moved above the 50 WEEK ceiling opening up a huge universe above EXTENDED daily $50+ long term via reversal Wait for pullback bounces
- bRobert: $EBIX. profit. WEEKLY. reversal. $50. target. trading > 50 WEEK. Hasn't been here for. years.
- bRobert: $EBIX Strong earnings pop Shorts 34% WEEKLY move > 50 WEEK First time in 3 years (same for $TLRY) Change of character WEEKLY inv h&s Gateway to $50 is open Watching np $HCA breakout $165 Inv h&s target 1 look for pullback /retest bounce $THC same $38 +
- RuDu: @bRobert $EBIX
- RuDu: @bRobert $EBIX it is coming back to life.
- bRobert: $EBIX heading to $37 Cheap valuation
- DAN: Good morning. The futures are up a bit after Super Mario cut growth forecasts and announced a Targeted Longer Term Refinancing Operations plan ("TLTRO") which is basically a "free money" deal for banks. The Euro dropped on the n ...
- bRobert: $EBIX . Value/growth . CHEAP . 3/1 . report . $80+ . MMT
- bRobert: $EBIX . No drama chart . Superb earnings/revenue growth . PEG < . 1 based on 2019 estimates. CHEAP .
- bRobert: $EBIX . Impressive earnings/revenue growth. $80 + . mm reversal target . 1
- bRobert: $EBIX Under the radar. High growth. Minds its own business and stays out of trouble. $70 target 1 $100 long term
- bRobert: $COHR . Look for move >$130 . $EBIX Boring walk up . ;) . no drama
- bRobert: $EBIX Cheap growth Walking up
- bRobert: $EBIX +
- bRobert: $EBIX . Strong/cheap/long . . Going higher $MDB same . Consolidation perhaps at top of range . W. 50% growth . Love the WEEKLY
- bRobert: $EBIX flag. $55 trigger Looking for $70
- bRobert: $EBIX . Adding above $55.
- bRobert: $EBIX Continues strong move $54+ target 1
- bRobert: $EBIX Still going. Look for pullback bounce. Retest 50d
- bRobert: $EBIX . Old favorite . Bottom in . High growth
- traderbren: @bRobert $EBIX - yep, i've been watching this one. Back above the 50d. Good fundies too.
- Kasey: $EBIX, How do we feel about $EBIX as an oversold bounce this morning?
- Mpower27: @Kasey $EBIX currently seeing this already up +7% premarket
- bRobert: $EBIX Low risk entry. WEEKLY chart my north star. $100 target
- bRobert: $EBIX oozing out. Short squeeze potential
- bRobert: $EBIX Nice setup. Short squeeze potential Alert > $81
- bRobert: $EBIX low risk/high reward. High short interest. High growth.
- traderbren: @bRobert $EBIX fyi - Board Approves Five-For-One Stock Split
- bRobert: @traderbren $EBIX I wanted to own more shares ;)
- bRobert: $EBIX . Strong top/bottom line growth . Great earnings report sold into. Trading the beautiful WEEKLY .setup. Stop just below the 50 WEEK . . Huge short interest. 19% short 34+ days to cover . Long term hold
- bRobert: $EBIX reentered after selling into earnings gap. Solid E-commerce company. High revenue growth. Shorts 36d to cover
- bRobert: $EBIX Sold most into pop Will look to reload
- bRobert: $EBIX still going. Short tailwind
- bRobert: $EBIX ?short phase 2 + Early phase 3 . Shorts 40d to cover. Target 1 $90
- bRobert: $EBIX short squeeze. $90+ target
- bRobert: @tigerjohn8 $RH I have an entry from $131 area. I will add on a breakout/pullback bounce. That confirms the move. I'm in many names with reduculously high short interest/days to cover $RH (7d to cover) $SAM(9d to cover ) $EBIX(25d to cover) $SHAK (9d to cover) $HIIQ (16d to cover) . $ARII (22d to cover) The shorts are often right eventually, but many suffer severe losses before that point.
- bRobert: $EBIX breakout $92 target HIGH short squeeze potential
- bRobert: $EBIX $90+ target High short will goose it.
- bRobert: $EBIX Still working. High targets. High short interest
- bRobert: $EBIX higher highs/lows $87 target High short interest
- bRobert: $EBIX 25d to cover. Weekly oozing out slowly. Reports 8/14.
- bRobert: $EBIX Alert >82 Target $87
- bRobert: $EBIX 25d to cover.
Ebix, Inc., provides a series of application software products for the insurance industry ranging from carrier systems, agency systems and exchanges to custom software development for all entities involved in the insurance and financial industries.Request Video of EBIX
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $144.43 36.83%
- $23.64 31.57%
- $77.78 24.48%
- $9.77 -55.62%
- $7.78 -54.52%
- $18.15 -38.41%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 90,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (90,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!