Dillard's Inc. (NYSE:DDS)
Old Forum Content for DDSMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Henry: @champ $DDS Crazy short interest was 46% according to TD Ameritrade
- champ: $DDS, up about 22%....shorts are covering
- DrScience: #Retailers getting some love today. $XRT inside day and up off the 50 DMA. $DDS up 5% while $DKS, $GPS, and $M making 3% moves. TOS trade flash notes that 82% of the float is short in $DDS. Seeing a megaphone pattern, but another 50 cents and a touch of the 200 DMA will determine if some of the short shares get bought back. (Earnings sometime in the middle of August.)
- Reif99: @DrScience $XRT $DDS $DKS $GPS $M #Retailers $OLLI too
- Herb: @DrScience $DDS. finviz showing 42.47% short. Still huge. Seeing 45.55% on another site.
- debeers: $DDS-Fugly. Down 6.65 on a 56.74 stock. If you are in retail and not special, you're gonna get smacked (and deservedly so).
- bRobert: @champ $XRT $BURL $COST $DDS $TJX $DG $ULTA $BBY $WSM $RH $W $PLCE setting up $ANF has possibilities. Many strong charts with upside.
- champ: @bRobert $XRT $BURL $COST $DDS $TJX $DG $ULTA $BBY $WSM $RH $W $PLCE $ANF --- I agree but remember this stock has a #major reason, this is having a nice move into earnings....and could continue...the guess is, that they are going to beat just like $WMT and $TJX did.....that is the reason...to maybe pick this one, for a short-term move....ER run. However, I don't know about earnings on all the others.
- issues: @petros06 $TJX $JWN Which do you prefer? They are opposite ends of the price spectrum. One is discount the other expensive! One for the poor the other for the rich. $DDS would be in the middle for middle class customers
- issues: $VIX high was at 19.86. When and if it hits 20 the bottom is near. I don't like getting stopped out at the bottom. I pulled a few of my stops. I will wait it out and buy when the day turns green, perhaps tomorrow!! Getting stopped out at a loss means I won't buy back for a month to avoid the wash sale rule. Stopped out of some very good stocks: $MSFT $UNP $EW $SQ $AMD $DDS $PRAH $TXMD $BSX Ironically $JWN is up on a terrible day!
- steve71: @issues $VIX $MSFT $UNP $EW $SQ $AMD $DDS $PRAH $TXMD $BSX $JWN Interesting that $DDS is weathering the storm, today anyway. Could be buybacks. "Lesser shares buybacks due to soft cash flows are a concern. As of Aug 4 still has $497M of buyback authorization remaining under March 2018 program."- Zacks from mid-August.
- bRobert: $DDS . Short squeeze Target 1 $100+
- Motorman: @bRobert $DDS ER Aug 16
- bRobert: @Motorman $DDS thx
- bRobert: $DDS Watching for move >50d and short squeeze higher
- bRobert: $DDS . $100 Target ($98+) . if > $88.10
- bRobert: $DDS This triggered today. Short squeeze candidate $100 target
- spmeyers: @bRobert $DDS 33% of float is short; 18 days to cover.
- bRobert: @spmeyers $DDS Part of the allure and charm
- steve71: $DDS Running to the wire despite market fade. "Slow Roll Take Private." ER 8/9
- champ: @steve71 $DDS --- The retail sector, really does needs this stock to beat also...Good Luck!
- bRobert: $DDS still going Reports tomorrow
- champ: @bRobert $DDS ...On #News....huge upgrade today...going into earnings....news like that will do it every time......and $KORS is also pushing up most all the retail names....on their nice earnings beat.
- champ: $ROST $KSS ...New $$$$....both are still working and both have time before earnings but $DDS is dropping before earnings as expected..$$$$ are moving around.
- bRobert: $DDS squeezing. Watch this. Alert >98.40 Monster short interest
- bRobert: $DDS squeezing.
- bRobert: $DDS partial profits. Top of range. Will look for move >100 or pullback/bounce to add
- steve71: $DDS Working. ex-div today, an entire dime.
- DrScience: @steve71 $DDS Better than a sharp stick in the eye. Take a look at $SCG. They cut the divvy by 80% and folks are lovin' it.
- bRobert: $DDS mega short squeeze continues to top of range. Stops raised. Break above $100 could see $104 short term.
- bRobert: $DDS Mega short squeeze continues.(65% short , 9d to cover) This can really go farther than you think. 20 to 30 points. Higher high and move>100 next hurdle. Long
- bRobert: $DDS Watching for higher high and continuation of short squeeze
- bRobert: $DDS Small W forming , higher low if holds. Weekly flag . A breakout to nh opens up door to high targets 65% short 9d to cover.
- bRobert: $DDS nice bounce continues . HOD
- bRobert: $DDS Watching for higher high. Major short squeeze. 65% 9d to cover
- bRobert: $COST Target $220 $DDS Watching for move>$100 Pause at resistance. Stop below flag
- bRobert: $COST nh Target $220. $DDS short squeeze continues
- bRobert: $DDS will think about add if/when clears the $100 mark. High upside
- bRobert: $NDLS flag Shorts 13 d to cover $SHAK Holding up. 9d to cover. $WING and a prayer bounce off low risk entry 10d to cover. $FRAN 12d to cover $SAM 19d to cover $DDS 9d to cover. Can make a short squeeze ETF
- bRobert: $DDS Keeps printing nh's. At resistance. Watching for c&H or weekly inv h&s to trigger and prices to cross $100 threshold. Weekly inv h&s target $115 Short squeeze portfolio doing well . $NDLS $SAM Also nhs
- bRobert: $DDS short squeeze continuation. Trailing stops raised
- bRobert: $DDS short squeeze continues 65% short 9d to cover $96 next
- issues: @bRobert $DDS got it - thank you sir!~
- bRobert: $DDS Barring some black swan event, a DDS tsunami could seriously overwhelm the 65% short float. Volume picked up today but is still below average. A flood of buyers smelling blood in the water could change that. Earnings in August. Long with trailing stops.
- bRobert: $DDS . Looking for higher high after bounce off $87 support level. Stops raised . 9days to cover. POTENTIAL target $110 - 130.
- bRobert: $SHAK Short squeeze contine\ues. $DDS . looking for next leg. Massive short squeeze
- issues: @bRobert $SHAK $DDS Thank you Mr Robert! I bought a starter in $DDS and $TJX. Cost has the best chart but it's coming down for my waiting hands. Will buy $COST when the time is right! Let me know ok?
- bRobert: $DDS nh/pullback . 65% short! Watching for possible add with stop below. Earnings behind.
- steve71: $DDS Management has now repurchased 65% of stock since early 2010. A negative is that this artificially boosts earnings. Positive is that the buybacks probably presage an eventual "take private" event. Source is hedge fund chatter on Park Avenue.
- champ: $DDS $M $JCP ---- Retail stocks are extremely strong because of Holiday sales.....earnings are now starting to show... just how strong they were.
- DrScience: @champ $DDS $M $JCP Retail stocks aren't strong because of Holiday sales. Those particular data were being factored in beginning last Summer. The stock prices are just now getting back to where they were before scaredy cats bailed. And, if individual companies guidance matches up with forecasts ( https://www.kiplinger.com/article/business/T019-C000-S010-retail-sales-consumer-spending-forecast.html), then the perfect storm will generate 2018 waves a surfer would love to ride to shore!
- debeers: $DDS-Dilly Dilly. By the way, when they remodel they only pay for materials because they also own a construction company.
- bRobert: $DDS . High short squeeze breakout potential. 70% short float. 14d to cover.
- bRobert: $DDS Looking for trigger > $72 Major short interest/squeeze possibility and run to $80's
- bRobert: $DDS Keep an eye on this. Flag. Ridiculous short interest.
- bRobert: $DDS flag. Massive short interest. Long calls from below. Could see $80 in a mheart beat.
- bRobert: $DDS flag. VERY high short interest. Can hit $80+ in a blink of an eye. Long calls/spreads
- mgoodw: @bRobert $PII $DDS Thank you for taking the time to show me that!
- bRobert: $DDS Going higher. Very high short interest
- bRobert: @mgoodw $PII Take a look at $DDS. The short float is very high with 19d to cover. There are 2 inverse h&s formations on the WEEKLY chart ( A small and large one) $75 and $100 targets. Take note of the $30+ point run in July. from $52 - $82. This was a nice profitable short squeeze. History may repeat itself. Look for a move > $72
- bRobert: $DDS High short interest. Pennant
- bRobert: @mgoodw $DDS It is listed on some sites eg short squeeze.com or you can take the short interest and divide by the average daily trading volume.
- mgoodw: @bRobert $DDS Hi there, I've been meaning to ask how do you determine how many days it will take shorts to cover and what does it mean for a stock during those days? Thank you!
- bRobert: $DDS . Mentioned yesterday. Nice pop. Target 1 $80. Looking at the weekly you see an inverse h&s. Completing right shoulder and heading to the neckline. If this is triggered, the measured move is to $100+.. 55% float is short. 19 days to cover. High risk for explosion. If I was short, I wouldn't be sleeping well. Long calls from $50 and $57 double bottom bounce areas. Patience has been rewarded. Adding on pullback/higher lows
- bRobert: $DDS short squeeze in motion
- bRobert: $DDS $80 looks about right Long calls from below
- bRobert: $DDS Breaking out. Possible short squeeze 19 days to cover
- bRobert: $DDS Short squeeze in motion Target $80 with sustained move
- Robert1965: @bRobert $DDS , missed that watching $M
- bRobert: $DDS flag. High short int
- bRobert: $DDS phase 3 . Missed wake up call. 10d to cover . A bump higher and this will get interesting
- issues: @bRobert $DDS near resistance?
- bRobert: $DDS phase 3 short squeeze
- issues: @bRobert $DDS are you buying this?
- woodman: $DDS phase 3 watch.
- champ: @woodman $DDS --- Yes, really working and $KSS is also OutPerforming. One day its $LB and then the next day its $BURL ...then $DG...but its kinda like a tag team. I'm adding to all and I have 14 positions...for now. I really believe this sector will be one of the big winners, this month....for sure....but its really stupid to say ...for sure.
- bRobert: @champ $DDS $KSS $LB $BURL $DG DDS high short interest
- champ: @bRobert $DDS $KSS $LB $BURL $DG
- champ: @champ $DDS $KSS $LB $BURL $DG ---- Yes, we had a post on that before, on 11/29 but the shorts are moving off now and look at the others and be #aware... some are very low short interest, its really just strong buying, thats going on...these stocks don't really need high short interest now to OutPerform....the sector is extremely strong....very strong...really strong....but only on targeted names and I will posted my list...later.
- bRobert: $DDS short squeeze continues..
- ab3250: $Cost $M $BIG $KSS $TJX $DLTR $DDS $OLLI - I feel a little late for retail. I think I should wait for a pullback.
- spmeyers: @ab3250 $Cost $M $BIG $KSS $TJX $DLTR $DDS $OLLI agree
- bRobert: $DDS 50% short . 7+ days to cover
- bRobert: $DDS Breakout contiues
- champ: $DDS is up over 9% and I have been watching it, all morning but I couldn't pull the trigger because it was not on my buy-list....I'm just saying.... I'm not going to chase this one ...but it could be OK... if you start out as a Day trade, with your stop, around entry.
- bRobert: $DDS . $EBIX short squeezes
- champ: @bRobert $DDS --- Yes, that explains what going on....I see one site that says.. 53.4%
- bRobert: $DDS Short squeeze in August ran from $50 - $80 . Results may vary.
- bRobert: $DDS Watching. High volume breakout. Low vol pullback. Very high short interest. Could explode to the upside
- bRobert: $DDS watching for possible phase 3 explosion. Very high short interest
- bRobert: $DDS Watching. phase 2. Huge short interest
- bRobert: $DDS bouncing off 50/200d Low risk TRADE with stop below.
- bRobert: $DDS squeeze breakout gaining steam. Shorts 15 days to cover. Maybe similar to July fireworks/short squeeze . Reports tonight
- bRobert: $DDS Resumption of major short squeeze. Over 75% float is short.
- bRobert: $BOOM $DDS BOOM escalating revenue/earnings. high short float.flag. Small position. Will add above $14.50 DDS huge short interest. Looking to add when low volume pullback done
- bRobert: $DDS short squeeze continues 75% float short
- bRobert: $DDS Major short squeeze.. 66% of float short!
- DrScience: @bRobert $DDS has room up to $75-77ish.
- champ: $XLF $XLE $XRT--- Rotation is really picking up today.....some of these names are still having big moves...like $DDS but their are 100's of stocks bouncing off or around the lows....and you can still see that in most all the sectors. You just never know when rotation is going to start in a stock or ETF that you are holding. Even my bounce trades are zig-zagging, as they move up....many are moving all over the place....this is a hard market for many traders and many have not seen this before....traders are taking profits on even small moves and then they turn and move right back up. Be aware that ....#Risk is everywhere.
- spmeyers: @champ $XLF $XLE $XRT $DDS #Risk yeah, I hear you
|Stock Price||$USD 68.66|
Dillard's, Inc., operates as fashion apparel, cosmetic and home furnishing retailer. The Company also operates a general contracting construction company engaged in constructing and remodeling stores of the Company.Request Video of DDS
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 24th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 4.89 62.40%
- $USD 14.51 25.36%
- $USD 27.39 22.55%
- $USD 19.12 -40.20%
- $USD 13.24 -31.49%
- $USD 7.55 -28.20%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 66,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (66,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!