The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA)
Old Forum Content for BAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- debeers: $DXCM - This device is a measuring device for type 1 and type 2 AIC levels. I own more of $DXCM because the type 2 diabetics outnumber the type 1's by a 9 to one margin and since $TNDM decided $DXCM was their preferred partner, I want to have both. I am sorry if I wasn't clear enough for you. Hope this post does it. $ADM from 49.75 $BA from 331 in congestion (with a permission slip from Woodman). $BOOT- from 22. That's where the insti's got it so i bough there as well.(target 34). $MTN-from 156 $ZBRA-from 142- It IS a horse of a different color. $CAT from 135 because $DE didn't deserve its schmeiss and $CAT better than that one.
- alwayslearning: Dan do you like $BA here for a long?
- DAN: @alwayslearning $BA NOt really. I think $330 is a solid floor on the stock, so there's your risk. But there's a lot of trading that has occurred over the past month that is just above the current price. That's resistance. The 50-day moving average defines the trend, and you can see that it's basically trading sideways. So I just don't see a lot of profit in that stock right now. As always, I could be wrong. But that's how I see Boeing right now. Hope that helps. Dan
- alwayslearning: @DAN $BA Wow thank you Dan for a such a thorugh analysis....I'm new 3 days old....but I also understand this isn't the best trading environment....bu tthere will be one coming soon just have to be ready. you said that in one of your videos and it really stucks. looking foward to learning more and doing well here.
- debeers: @DAN $BA/$BIDU -You could be right but considering what is at stake, it seems likely that some progress is made by the midterms. The slightest hint gave us 3.50%. I re-entered at 331 because YOU taught us to recognize congestion. Re: the Chinese stocks-$BIDU is the blueblood of the group because you can see where the money comes from and where it goes. By the way, do you ever see Hsi flying in an Airbus plane? Do you ever see the Chinese elite deferring maintenance (Avionics)? Just because Hsi is a Communist doesn't make him stupid.
- champ: @debeers $BA $BIDU ---- Nice trades and both are #HOD but will zig-zag....as they climb...trailing
- debeers: $BA-Boeing Enters Deal to Acquire California-Based Maker of Small Satellites, Millennium Space Systems 12:51 PM ET, 08/16/2018 - MT Newswires 12:51 PM EDT, 08/16/2018 (MT Newswires) -- Aerospace company Boeing (BA) said Thursday it will acquire California-based Millennium Space Systems, a provider of small-satellite solutions. Terms of the deal weren't disclosed. The transaction will not impact Boeing's 2018 guidance, it said. The deal is expected to close by the end of Q3, subject to customary closing conditions. Shares were 4% higher in recent afternoon trading.
- DAN: @alwayslearning $BA Glad to hear it, alwayslearning. Happy to have you aboard! I'm sure you're going to do just fine! 8-)
$BA – not an outperformer.
$HP – “OIH trending down, but this is trending up. Why? b/c of high dividend?” This is not trending up imho. Over past few weeks...but still in a downtrend of lower highs and lows
$VEEV – sti ...
- debeers: $AMZN,$BA(from Friday), $DXCM, $M, $MOV,$NKTR (today on all the in sider buying activity), $STLD (don't ask), $ZBRA-longs all. Off to visit Big Dave today who is in recovery. You all have a great day.
- debeers: $BA-Thank goodness before errands, stops!
- debeers: $BA-Antonov, the world's maker of the largest planes, halted production when Russia took over the Ukraine's Crimea in 2014. At that time, Antonov imported more than 60 per cent of its plane parts from Russia. Now it plans to build 8 planes a year thanks to Aviall, Boeing's parts, equipment, and services unit. Their first planes, since the 2014 shutdown will come off the line at the end of next year. Thrilled for them.
- bRobert: $BA approaching target 1 $370 Long leap calls. $SPR running into earnings 8/1 Target $100+
- bRobert: $BA Holding up in the storm
- debeers: $BA-"Yesterday's stock" will see 400, plateau, then hit 440.
- bRobert: @debeers $BA Strongly agree. Long leap calls .
debeers: $BA-will probably be down a few per cent today on conservative out look and less fcf than the street was anticipating. It beat on per cents per share and beat on revenue:
BRIEF-Boeing Q2 GAAP Earnings Per Share $3.73
7:38 AM ET, 07/25/20 ...
- Kjksm1: $BA Is this a 59 minute trade?
- Amykris: @Kjksm1 $BA possibly. Look at $Grub as well
- Reif99: $BA up 3% off the lows in premarket
- cmaxwel1: $BA trimming....
- greenpatrol: $BA Back in at $348
- debeers: $BA Update from the call. Although there don't appear tobe penalties with the tanker delay, there were cost overruns which no one is happy about. No probing of the fit that Embraer will bring so the analysts seem secure with it. I just want $BA to s ...
- bRobert: $SPR Looking to add. $BA recovery >50d
- justinp: @debeers $BA Thanks. Big volume spike last 2 days on $RACE speaking of European auto..down but not out.
- CHOFF: @debeers $BA - why is that POTUS wising up? Isn't eliminating tariffs on both sides the deal he wanted?
- debeers: NO TARIFFS ON INDUSTRIAL GOODSwith Europe-Breaking. $BA-once the tanker is delivered, any stink will disappear. now down less than 1% TARIFFS OUT IN EUROPE ON industrial goods. reforming the WTO Apparently Larry Kudlow got through to him: you cannot fight everyone on all fronts. Either pick China or pick your traditional allies.POTUS wised up just in time. EU agrees to buy lotsa soybeans and eliminate tariffs on industrial goods also importing poil from USA and Soybeans as well..
- debeers: @justinp $BA $RACE --gotta see how Manley does. Sergio was beloved and left big shoes to fill.
- debeers: @CHOFF $BA -Take a chill pill. I am usually abundantly clear so let's try it this way---you cannot fight a war on all fronts. I admire free AND fair trade. Sometimes, I swear, you spoil for a fight. You might want to look elsewhere as i have no interest in sparring with you.
@debeers $BA - no one is itching to spar. The country had a small trade victory today and it wasn't a U.S. concession from what I heard or read...your comment, "POTUS wised up just in time," suggested as much. I was wondering if I missed s ...
- debeers: $BA-Brazilian judge just denied the Embraer workers demands to protect their jobs as the Brazilian government gave the official okey dokey to the$BA/$ERJ tie up/.
$BA – still consolidating, but high volume selloff was a bit of a weak hand washout.
$DJT – rails are going good.
$NSC – gap and reverse. High volume. Likely going higher.
$CSX – still going. Stop below $68.
$MDY – G ...
- bRobert: $BA looking for it to complete a small reversal pattern to around $370ish and trigger another. larger pattern with very high targets >>400 Long term hold
- Spotdog: @debeers $AMZN $BA $HAE $CTAS $MTN $GWW $MOV $MCD $AAPL $FB $TSLA $GOOG GEE. You forgot to mention my two favs, $ENPH and $TNDM up 246% and 824% respectively.
- debeers: @Spotdog $AMZN $BA $HAE $CTAS $MTN $GWW $MOV $MCD $AAPL $FB $TSLA $GOOG $ENPH $TNDM --Tandem has done really well. I mentioned HAE only because its a no drama mama stock. Lower left to upper right
- Spotdog: @debeers $AMZN $BA $HAE $CTAS $MTN $GWW $MOV $MCD $AAPL $FB $TSLA $GOOG $ENPH $TNDM As my wife says, "Green is good"
- debeers: @Spotdog $AMZN $BA $HAE $CTAS $MTN $GWW $MOV $MCD $AAPL $FB $TSLA $GOOG $ENPH $TNDM -You do realize how lucky you are to be married to her I hope.
debeers: $AMZN/$BA/$BOOT/$HAE/$CTAS/$MTN /$GWW/$MOV/ $TIF-Longs all
Hold positions in the former set, not the latter set
I am officially calling this my morning rant and it goes this way.
I would particularly like answ ...
- debeers: $BOOT/$GWW/$HAE/$MOV-working all.ALL UP Bought GWW for their earnings and am staying with it after the call. Upgrades on this one(GWW) from every analyst who has thus far checked in. $AMZN/$BA/$MTN/$LULU not working today but staying with them. Will get back to you asap as time permits.
- debeers: $BA-not a great day today but there is a silver lining. Boeing was the clear winner at Farnborough: Boeing, Airbus report roaring sales at close of Farnborough 12:42 PM ET, 07/19/2018 - Associated Press LONDON (AP) — Airbus and Boeing say demand for aircraft surged at the Farnborough International Airshow amid increased passenger and cargo traffic. The world's biggest commercial aircraft makers reported firm orders and commitments for future purchases worth tens of billions of dollars as the show's commercial side ended Thursday. U.S.-based Boeing announced a total of 673 orders and commitments for planes, compared with 571 at last year's Paris Air Show, which alternates with Farnborough as the aviation industry's premier showcase. Airbus said it received orders and commitments for 431 aircraft, compared with 326 at the Paris event. Boeing says its total reflects "resurgence in demand for freighters and strong order activity for the 737 MAX and 787 passenger airplanes."
- steve71: @debeers $BA Interesting that the freighter business will also keep the 50 year old 747 line going. It was expected that the last 747 was in sight. There won't be any more new 747 airliners. But the combination of volume and structural strength has renewed interest in 747 freighters.
- debeers: $BA-Some things even surpass plane orders and today was one of them: after 20 years of fighting, Ethiopia and Eritrea declared peace in the valley and it was Boeing who re-united the separated families. The other African nations, appreciative of the end to the feud, gave Boeing service contracts. Flags flying & general celebration. $AMZN-RBC, even at these levels reaffirms its biuy rating on Amazon while Piper Jaffray ups its target to 2075. $MLNX-solid beat on earnings this am.
- bRobert: $SPR Long . will add on pullback/bounces. $100 target Long $BA as well
debeers: $BA-Just in--Let me know when you've had enough good news----------------
The Boeing Co. has inked one of its largest deals ever in Asia. The airplane giant signed a memorandum of understanding with VietJet for an additional 100 737 MAX airplanes. Th ...
- debeers: Goldman note today- apparel will be largely unaffected.Shoes unaffected. i think if you stick to the higher end you should be ok. $AMZN/$BA/$BOOT/$HAE/$LULU/$MOV-rebought/$MTN/$NKE (added)/---will buy $PVH tomorrow. $DXCM-want a better price.
- JBed: @debeers $AMZN $BA $BOOT $HAE $LULU $MOV $MTN $NKE $PVH $DXCM Also, on the cheaper side, $SKX is breaking to the upside after a loooong consolidation. $FOSL is also moving up. I'm also in $LULU, at your earlier suggestion. Long calls.
- debeers: @JBed $AMZN $BA $BOOT $HAE $LULU $MOV $MTN $NKE $PVH $DXCM $SKX $FOSL -Don't care for the SKS. I want a competitive edge on shoes which Nike gives you. Movado is justified because its the highest margin, highest priced fashion watch i could find andif you look at the BOD, it has the sharpest directors on the planet. The cherry on top is that its next to impossible to borrow the stock.
- debeers: $ERJ/$BA-Deal gives Boeing the key to mid-sized jets which, along with the tanker approvals and freighters power the plane maker forward. Honestly, with oil prices up over last year, i was holding my breath for the mid-sized plane deal. Now, tankers & freighters both approved, power up! Powell is a market sensitive guy. Gave the markets exactly what the markets wanted to hear. How do I know? Look at the S&P.N ow over the 2800 barrier.
debeers: $BA-Woodman et al-Boeing just released data for the first half of the year:
Revenue Recognition Accounting Standard ASC 606 Information
During the first quarter of 2018, Boeing adopted a new revenue recognition accounting standard (ASC 606) which, ...
- debeers: $BA-Day 1 of Farnborough- So far here's what's come in : GOL order for 30 737 Max's, Goshawk 20 737's, NEW service orders so far 2.1B $AMZN-so far up another 15 bucks or so $NKE-beloved still Retail on case by case. No politics relevant to Prime Day, sneaks, select bio stocks, or anything else.. Have you noticed that not 1 gamer cares about politics? $ATVI-down today and comfortably above the 8 day. $MTN- resort goers in the summer and skiiers in the winter couldn't give a damn about trading partners. Neither do the cowboys ($BOOT).
debeers: $BA and earnings cycles---An expert just came on the TV and stated that earnings
for all stocks won't be rewarded because they aren't sustainable. No kidding? Do you really think that the new planes that are being sold won't be maintained?? Has the ...
On the revenue side, Vail starts selling season passes months before the winter season begins, reducing the risk of a bad winter. The company's broadening base of resorts also makes an Epic Pass more attractive to customers, guaranteeing revenue bef ...
- bRobert: $BA reversal target $370 . Long
- bRobert: $BA .Small inv h&s triggered. Target 1 $370 . If this completes, much higher targets will trigger . ($430) . Long
- debeers: $BA-Theresa took awhile but the chief arms salesman who also occupies the White House has gotten what he wanted which was for NATO to a) contribute more and b) order more of the military they will need to defend themselves. Happens at an opportune time as the 50 day line has been crossed upward for Farnborough and earnings next week.
- woodman: @debeers $BA - no sign of actual greater contribution yet. All words. Like North Korea.
- debeers: @woodman $BA -Well, now comfortably above the 8/50 cross, ahead of Farnborough, and with the firm knowlege that England has stood by the United States in every war except the Revolution, this is a bond that will not be broken. How tired would your constituents be if Angela was telling them what to do at every turn??
- debeers: @woodman $BA -When you buy a drug stock do you wait until it is in the marketplace? BA orders have already outstripped the Airbus by 40% (consider that a successful phase III) and, when push comes to shove and it may, $BA will wind up producing planes for the Chinese in China " just you wait Henry Higgins, just you wait."
- woodman: @debeers $BA - I have no issue with buying $BA. My point was something else. :-)
- debeers: @woodman $AMZN -Trust that Larry will explain that the small businessmen he covets, who have already reaped the rewards of the tax cuts, will be reinvesting in their businesses, these are the folks dearest to his heart and once he truly grasps that the Post office would go out of business without them and that they are supporting the post office which supports the small merchants and that AMZN pays their share of taxes, he'll move on to the Washington Post only. $AMZN in the Naz & $BA in the Dow, put a lot of money into teachers, fireman and policemen's pensions and those are the folks that love him.
- debeers: @Forexpro $DXCM $EXAS $LULU $WTW $TIF $CNC #E-MiniFutures -today dismissive waves are focused on $NKE, $BOOT, $MTN, As $RACE, and Nordy's :$JWN- as well as $AMZN, $BA--Nordy's is fed up with analyst meetings, oversight, etc and the fam wants it back and, as far as I'm concerned, I've contributed to them for years and they can damn well pay up if they want my stock. $BOOT bought Tinsdales without 1 red cent of debt out of their cash hoard. That's what cowboys (backed by JPM) do. Have the best weekend. Did you see Mookie last night??? They must be crazed........
- debeers: @woodman $BA --I try to be diligent and I yet must have missed the latest North Korean missle flyovers. Have missed the oxen in their fields instead of harvesters and the starving babies who are no longer hungry?. I promise to do better
- debeers: @woodman $BA -I know Woody, I know.
- woodman: @debeers $BA - nice move here. Figure move to 372-74.
- debeers: @woodman $BA -372 1st wave. When tensions subside, and they will eventually, 440. Have a great weekend.
- debeers: $BA-finally LONG FORM July 13 (Reuters) - Boeing Co's KC-46 mid-air refueling tankers have completed the final flight tests ahead of its first aircraft delivery in late October, the U.S. Air Force said on Friday. "With this milestone complete, the test program has demonstrated a level of maturity that positions Boeing to deliver, and the Air Force to accept, an aircraft by the end of October 2018," said Will Roper, an Air Force service acquisition executive. (https://bit.ly/2ujFG2N) The KC-46 test program will now move to follow-on receiver aircraft testing and certifications required for operational testing, starting in 2019. SHORT FORM: The lady engineer who took over the program cracked the whip and believe me, n o one wanted to disappoint this woman. Tankers from hell no more!!
- woodman: @debeers $BA You too.
- Reif99: @debeers $AMZN $ATVI $BA $CRM $HAE $MA $MTN $NKE $RACE I have diagonals on $CRM and $AMZN, and they've gone so far so fast the deltas are actually negative. Gonna see if we get a pull back tomorrow, or else I have to buy back options (or at least roll them) at ATH's.
- debeers: @Reif99 $AMZN $ATVI $BA $CRM $HAE $MA $MTN $NKE $RACE ---We have a nice precipitating event for $AMZN--Prime Day. I didn't say to buy it here. I say I own it (from 753) and always own into Amazon Prime day.
- Tangojoy: @debeers $AMZN $ATVI $BA $CRM $HAE $MA $MTN $NKE $RACE- I have AMZN at $757! Glad to have a fellow "patient" investor. The only way I make money is buy and hold. Believe me, it works!!
debeers: $AMZN/$ATVI/$BA/$CRM/$HAE/$MA/$MTN/$NKE/$RACE-LONGS all.
$AMZN Today some nut job analyst increased their target by 20%,
I am probably also a little wacko on this one but who can argue with their success?Added more members on prime days than any oth ...
- debeers: $BA-AWACS --England's May weighing the purchase of these planes from Boeing as she lobbies for England beefing up her military- Here's the details: AWACS is an acronym for (Military) airborne warning and control system. AWACS=. an aircraft equipped with radar to track low-flying enemy aircraft and missiles and coordinate defense measures against them.
- debeers: @captron $BA -I think this depends on how many in the EU are alienated before the meeting . With the ERJ deal blessed, the tanker should be the only hold up. Hard to imagine alienating everyone but , sadly, such could be the case.
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $DE $BA You have mentioned the MACD at times in your post. Thanks for pointing me to this. I have on my chart review screen and will see have stocks brhave.
- tigerjohn8: @tigerjohn8 $LMT $NOC $RTN $BA $GD Wonder how, or if, Trump browbeating NATO slackers will affect defense stocks.
- debeers: $AMZN/$BA/$NKE/$OXY/$SIVB/$STLD-$OXY-the class of the oils and how nice that Iraq is a teensy bit disabled. $BA delivery of surveillance machines to New Zealand. $SIVB-doesn't really matter about interest rate increases for new home sales as the teardowns in the Valley are 1.2MM. Becker can spot a venture cap investment a mile away and is where venture cap excels geographically. Oh, and good luck to Italy in the cup!
- debeers: @grcjr $BA -Nope you have the best salesman on the road (POTUS) and only 40% of the world has ever been on a plane. How about you sell at440?
- traderbren: $BA -- back above the 50dma.
- debeers: $BA-Just in- Brazil development bank chief just now blessed the Embraer/Boeing tie up. Its been a long engagement but the wedding will be just gorgeous!
- debeers: @bRobert $DE $BA -BOEING 6 MONTHS FIGS JUST IN; B oeing beat Airbus on 6 months orders and 194 vs 183 from last year. China's elite might want to punish the United States but anyone can grow soybeans----the China elite don't want to fly an Airbus plane. Who can blame them?
- captron: $BA - Bounced off VWAP and is staying above R2 for now. Adding for now. Big Airshow with lots of customers start next Monday. They usually do well.
- debeers: @bRobert $DE $BA -$BA delivered more than twice the number of planes as Airbus.
- tigerjohn8: $LMT $NOC $RTN $BA $GD well defense stocks are doing well today. Maybe that says something about fear in the market . $NOC has a potentially interesting potential double bottom
- debeers: $BA-Farnborough 7/16-7/22.
- bwcarnation1: @tigerjohn8 $LMT $NOC $RTN $BA $GD agree...I bought some $DFEN this a.m. and $BA
- grcjr: @debeers $BA - Hmmm. Run up and then sell the news?
- riskmanager: @tigerjohn8 $LMT $NOC $RTN $BA $GD Might have to do with the fact that reality has set in about North Korea.
- debeers: @DAN $AMZN, $AAPL, $BA-Regarding TV- CNBC has an automatic filter where stocks are concerned. It is curious to me how EVERY show is filtered through the political view it represents. CNBC's Harwood was exposed for forwarding questions in the debates ...
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $DE MACD cross today. Clearing of 50/200d just above would be good 2nd step. Not a screaming buy. $BA similar except trading >200d.
- bsafriet: @issues $OKE $KMI $DUK $XLU $NEE $XLP A couple of weeks ago I posted that I was uncomfortable holding my Chinese ADR positions and asked for opinions/thoughts. I wish I had paid attention to my internal warning system - ended up giving a lot of prof ...
- debeers: @bRobert $SPR /$BA Perhaps but the Indian plane order for Jet coupled with just the latest Navy order both within the last 5 days is 5% olf the total market cap of Boeing and the Indian economy is growing faster than the Chinese
- debeers: @bRobert $SPR -Yes it has and when the earnings come out in lerss than a month you'll see why the price target for $BA is what it is.
- bRobert: @debeers $SPR $BA I like BA. Both have strong price prospects. The stocks have to catch up with the companies actual performance.
- champ: $BA ..turning off of #LOD
- champ: $TNA $SSO $SPXL $GUSH $UWT ...these are the ETF's... I'm currently holding....and I'm still swinging all of my energy positions, that I posted about yesterday....these are all moving together today...$FANG $PXD $CXO...and NP in $EOG...also working. I was set-up for this move and I posted my reason why.....Added to $BA $C and $GUSH this morning and all the other of my ETF positions...all working off of that #news that I posted about....#on-my-last-post.
- debeers: $BA/$LULU/$M/$RACE/$NFLX/$OXY-And, by the way, if you're not in Oprah,(WTW) let it come in more and snatch it up.
- champ: $BA ----OUT....took the profit.
- champ: $DJI @ 24,281 ---- #Market-Uncertainty ---- Because the goal for the U.S., is all about free trade. China needs to back- down a little or off of their Tariffs. Most investor know...that this is a stock pickers market and that is where my focus is. ...
- KemoSabe: $BA $FDX - Looks like it is time to strap on the parachutes. Might need them. Falling like a rock.
- DrScience: $BA may have found the runway, at $329ish. Sold JUL 335/325 Put Spread and bought JUL 345/350 Call Spread for a ride back to retest breakdown levels. CMF has yet to turn, so I may be a bit early on this.
|Stock Price||$USD 341.57|
Boeing Co, together with its subsidiaries designs, develops, manufactures, sells, services and supports commercial jetliners, military aircraft, satellites, missile defense, human space flight and launch systems and services.Request Video of BA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 30th, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 35.95 9.48%
- $USD 21.87 7.30%
- $USD 20.08 6.43%
- $USD 43.45 -32.21%
- $USD 49.58 -21.97%
- $USD 47.54 -19.04%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 59,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (59,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!