Activision Blizzard Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI)
Old Forum Content for ATVIMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DrScience: $ATVI new 52-week high. Adding to MAR 65 Calls
- DrScience: $ATVI getting "mucho uncertainty" candles on the daily chart. Today, BMO raised PT from $65 to $70, and activity shows bulls and bears fighting it out again, plotting an inside-day candle after Friday's high-volume earnings swap-fest stalemate. I'm long MAR 65 Calls, so the stock needs to move on higher -- RHRN I'm losing theta!
- DrScience: $TTWO gamers aren't happy with quarterly results, but $ATVI upgrade at Morgan Stanley syas these ships won't be crossing in the night anytime soon. Long speculative $ATVI MAR 65 Calls @ .90. Stock is going to have to push out of the VS to a new 52-week high to get the party started, but it's only pennies away.
- DrScience: $ATVI Whew! Only one opportunity to build a day-trade position after the initial speculative buy. Now, taking a bit of profit, and will look to add a more meaningful stake on Monday.
- DrScience: #Gamers The video gamers are due to report soon, and will include Christmas sales numbers. I'll be watching $EA on THU for some pin action in the rest of the cohort. A nice 10-day lag to $ZNGA on 2/5, and $ATVI, $TTWO on 2/6 should make for some shor ...
- Nepenthe: $ATVI $INMD Added to the latter; watching the former. Cheers.
- scottrades: $ATVI Coming out of a Squeeze
- woodman: @scottrades $ATVI $EA - another gaming stock, moving past that 108-109 resistance area. Lots of room above still.
- tnt: @scottrades $ATVI $ATVI is very constitutive. Multi month base
- scottrades: My Notes for today: $ATVI Breaking Weekly and Monthly Resistance. $OC Squeezing Right at The 50 Day MA $LOW Good Housing Numbers helping move this higher $YNDX Semi Conductors working today. $TER High Squeeze $FORM High Squeeze $KEYS Right at resistance but back above the 50 Day $TXRH Are Squeezes also Bigger in Texas? $SIVB A High Dollar Squeeze $RL This Squeeze LOOKS GOOD in these clothes $UBER Not a Squeeze but one to keep watching into next week. I still have some stock but sold my core too early. $TWTR Also not a Squeeze but Riding the Top BBand
- Ajax4Hire: $IGV - iShares Expanded Tech-Software Sector ETF(top 15, % of ETF) 8.80% $CRM - Salesforce.Com Inc 8.78% $ADBE - Adobe Inc 8.35% $MSFT - Microsoft Corp 7.70% $ORCL - Oracle Corp 5.64% $INTU - Intuit Inc 4.49% $NOW - ServiceNow Inc 3.73% $ATVI - Activision Blizzard Inc 3.35% $ADSK - Autodesk Inc 2.58% $EA - Electronic Arts Inc 2.26% $WDAY - Workday Inc 1.94% $SPLK - Splunk Inc 1.91% $PANW - Palo Alto Networks Inc 1.77% $ANSS - ANSYS Inc 1.73% $SNPS - Synopsys Inc 1.62% $CDNS - Cadence Design Systems Inc
- DrScience: #Gamers $ATVI $EA $TCEHY close to breaking out to new 52-week highs, but the momentum may not be there. $TTWO peeked from a 4% volatility squeeze, but fell back.
- DrScience: $ATVI $EA $MSFT $SNE $TCEHY $TTWO $UBSFY Are you getting a video game for Christmas? You can tell which games and gaming consoles are in demand. But, for the gamer who already has what he wants, here's a real stocking stuffer --> https://www.engadget.com/2019/12/18/puma-s-first-active-gaming-footwear-is-a-sock/ (pun intended) And, just my personal take on the gear -- PT Barnum was right! Some quotes come to mind, but besides the obvious one, I think this one fits best: “Nobody ever lost a dollar by underestimating the taste of the American public.”
- traderbren: @woodman $EA - yeah, also keep an eye on $ATVI which looks poised to move higher.
- michaelH: @gwenzee $YETI He also pumped $ATVI which is breaking out of its channel
- traderbren: $ATVI - looking constructive here. Long.
- traderbren: $ATVI - providing a good entry for a move higher from here.
- graphman: @dan Hi Dan what are your thoughts on $ATVI, bought last week as well as $I. Sold DEC 10s and got hit today.
- DAN: @graphman $ATVI $I I wouldn’t buy ATVI. Looks broken to me. $I? Not that one either. Not for me, anyway.
- CdrJake: $ATVI in BB squeeze, worth watching since long term is a turn-around, could transition to new box at 57.55 to 57.60
- shoredriver: @CdrJake $ATVI ...earnings tonight....
- michaelH: @CdrJake $ATVI also a Cramer Fav
- traderbren: $ATVI - coming to life...pushing up against upper BB. Reports after the bell.
- Nepenthe: $ATVI bouncy little thing today. Can't make up it's mind if it wants to break out or test 8ema again. Curious to see what resolution it comes to at market close. Earnings next week, 11/7. Cheers.
- gwenzee: @Nepenthe $ATVI Probably won't resolve by end of day. Has touched $57.06 a few times and has not held. Needs to break that level, test and hold. NP but on my watch list.
- Nepenthe: @gwenzee $ATVI Prophetic you are. Good analysis. I do have a position from lower, and had hoped for an earnings run. If none forthcoming, I will retire it. I'm an avid reader of your posts; keep them coming. Cheers.
- gwenzee: @Nepenthe $ATVI Thank you. I didn't know I had such a fan. Like everyone else who trades/invests I am constantly learning. Will never stop that even though I am in my 8th decade.
- billfumick: $ATVI Long #calls
- Nepenthe: @Bridget $STNE $ATVI seems to be acting in a similar vein. I believe you mentioned it also not too long ago. I have positions in both. Anything you might add about it? Cheers.
- traderbren: $ATVI - finally getting some traction.
- Bridget: $ATVI is in a nice squeeze set-up. 50dMA has almost caught up.
- scottrades: Watching $ATVI here above 55.95
- stairm01: @Ringo $DAN $VEEV $VEEV $SAM $MELI $ODFL $XPO $IYT $CX $BA $SPLK $ABMD $ALGN $SDC $ALGN $SDC $ALGN $SDC $CC $UAL $EHTH $HIIQ $MRCC $MRCC $ABBE $STNE $SPX $NDX $MTUM $FFTY $XHB $LGIH $HOV $MDC $TMHC $PLMR $IBP $GLOB $BOOT $LULU $EDU $ESNT $VEEV $IPB $ ...
- spmeyers: $ATVI broke out of a nice long base in early Sept; pulled back to 50-day, now looking to move higher
- traderbren: $ATVI - so much for the downgrade yesterday.
- Bob G: $ATVI; Stock is down about 10% from the most recent highs. BB's are squeezed down to about 4% and the stock seems to be respecting the support line created by the most recent move to the upside. Could be one to watch for a move up OR, could fall on it's face I guess.
- Tango: $ATVI interesting weekly chart.
- Sluggo: @Tango $ATVI I see that on the weekly, man. It is what I call a reverse J pattern that works a heck of a lot. NP.
- Tango: @Sluggo $ATVI Much appreciated. Barron's has an article out today: Activision Blizzard Stock Is Fully Valued Now, Says Analyst
- billfumick: #Long $ATVI #Working :-)
- billfumick: A little #luck of an upgrade is always welcome :-) #Long $ATVI
- billfumick: #Long $ATVI
$ATVI -- “It's formed a long base. How do you know when it's time to buy after one of these. It's had a few attempted breakouts. Should one wait until the 200ma lowers a bit further? Or take a stab here? I did yesterday after it's failed brea ...
- Nepenthe: $ATVI Had intended to start a position while in consolidation, but a day late. Has formed a month-long base, and gapped up today--don't know why other than to frustrate. Hemming and hawing at the moment. Cheers.
- Rickg: Today's hi vol $AMEH $SILV $MDCO $ATVI $COST $FSLY (made out on this one last 2 days) $SVM
- jonwest88: $ATVI 3rd day of break out out long vol. squeeze. Now above 200 day avg.
- DrScience: $EA While analysts debate whether the gamer is a good buy, investors are saying, "Goodbye!", and dragging $ATVI and $TTWO along for the ride. BMO Capital raised PT to $130 on Tuesday, and the stock responded well, so, I thinking, somebody knows something. @Henry... Is this institutional distribution?
- DrScience: #Gamers $EA hit a homer, and $ATVI and $TTWO are running the bases.
- DrScience: #Gamers $ATVI back to the 50 DMA and $TTWO falling below on $EA report that their newest game has security flaw. Oops! Online gamers are subject to hacking. But, the probably the best news is that the maker of 'Fortnite' is licensing their game engine, and the Big Three are making use of it. Psst! $TCEHY owns a stake in 'Fortnite'.
- DrScience: #Gamers $SNE got a $4 (7%) boost on news that Third Point hedge fund is building a stake. $EA pulling back to 50 DMA support on note about FTC investigations, bouncing now. $TTWO in a similar technical setup. $ATVI holding the 8 EMA in the middle of the 45-50 range. $GME's business model is crumbling, but stock is still holding a buck above earnings low.
- DrScience: $ATVI Inside day and down. Rolling over into ex-div date tomorrow. Could it be $AAPL's Arcade Gaming Subscription service giving investors some heartburn? Though I doubt Apple will compete in the gaming market based on price, I'm guessing revenue estimates at the other subscription sites will come down.
- kt4000: @DrScience $ATVI $AAPL No I made the mistake of buying it last night - Qualcomm got a positive ruling
- DrScience: $ATVI #CoveredCall Video gaming stock pays one annual dividend of .37, and the date is coming up fast -- 3/27. Here's a dividend capture trade for a 24-day hold. SMM Calculator results for a Cash Settled Account (IRA) for an APR 48 Covered Call: Buy 100 Shares at $47.18: $4,718.00 Sell 1 $48 Strike Call at $1.37: ($137.00) Capital Required: $4,581.00 Maximum Gain: $219.00 Return: 4.78%, ***add in the dividend and return bumps to 5.87% Annualized: 103.44%
- DrScience: Video #Gamers are still floundering below the 200 DMA. $GME earnings in two weeks, APR 2. Activist want stock price performance, but business model is a dinosaur. Mom's don't have to drive to the mall in the internet age where gamers need only download, subscribe and play. $EA upgraded at Morgan Stanley PT $88 (from $80). But, hot new game "Apex Legends" has some flaws, and Weibo users ask for China region to be blocked. https://technode.com/2019/03/19/weibo-users-support-apex-legends-blocking-china-gamers/. I'll bet traders would like to exploit some of those features! $ATVI back above the 50 DMA on news that Tencent $TECHY $TTWO Niggling rumor of buyout "just keeps me hangin' on!" The 50 DMA and $100 resistance levels to overcome.
- DrScience: $EA $ATVI $TTWO What's $EA got that the others don't? It looks like EA may have the top new game of 2019 with “Apex Legends.” But, if $EA succumbs to the pull of gravity, an APR 110/120 BeCS @ 1.10 with a stop above the 200 DMA works.
- DrScience: $ATVI $TTWO $EA continuing to fall after yesterday's data release in video game space. $GME is at a fish-or-cut-bait point. A move below $11 could signal much more downside -- about $11 -- as the brick & mortar model gives way to online pressures. Could be the next Circuit City or Radio Shack.
- DrScience: $ATVI $EA $TTWO $GME Dive! Dive! Dive! Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Been reading the news on video gaming at https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1098239904855797765
- issues: @DrScience $ATVI $EA $TTWO $GME Stopped out of TTWO at $90.47 but still holding a 1/4 position hoping for a bounce.
- DrScience: $ATVI Stock creating a higher low since earnings, and moving to today's high. Seeing action in next weeks' 45 Calls on the ask. I started a position in JAN 2020 50 Calls.
- DrScience: $ATVI The stock is performing similarly to $EA upon its earnings release, shaking off the overly Bearish sentiment here in the short-term. Price targets have come down to current levels, and below. And, while I expect some rebuilding and (probably) the next earnings release before the video game cohort moves back above the 200 DMA, this offers enough time to write a covered call, or three. Three up days and testing the 50 DMA, $ATVI is back in the middle part of range. Looking at covering some stock with the MAR 47.50 Calls @ 1.50.
- DrScience: $EA seems to have issues with $106.00 -- Bears blocking the road to the 200 DMA. Well, rather than try to bull through, might try a detour around the blockage. But, be aware that the alternate route could have some large potholes. NOTE: IV is inflated by recent events (IV 47% and IVRank 63) and will be influenced by cohort $ATVI earnings report after the bell. Buy MAR 100 Covered Call @ 95.00-95.50. Structure offers almost a 5% return (75% annualized) for a 31 day hold. For premium sellers: Sell MAR 100 Puts @ 5.00 Similar risk as covered call, stop on stock price below 20 DMA. -- or -- Sell MAR 95/100 BuPS @ 1.90 Defined risk/reward 3:2
- DrScience: $EA another blast higher this morning. Sold the remainder of my position at $106. $ATVI reports tomorrow AMC, small position looking for a bit of a lift into the event.
- DrScience: $EA $ATVI $TTWO investors https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPELc1wEvk
- CraigReynolds: @DrScience $EA $ATVI $TTWO Believe this was Cramer's half time CNBC trade at end. Buy Buy Buy???
- grcjr: $ATVI - I started a new spec position yesterday. I like the company but have not been in it for months. Oversold. To boot, the Najarians covered it yesterday. Up nicely yesterday from my buy point and today in the pre-market. I'm watching to add to what is a spec swing trade for me.
DrScience: $EA Stock is down 10% on disappointing financial results and guidance. Competitors in the videogame space, $TTWO and $ATVI, sank 3% on the news, while $TCEHY (which has a stake in "Fortnite"-creator Epic Games) finished on the highs.
- indigo1948: @DrScience $EA $TTWO $ATVI $TCEHY -off topic -are you still involved with $BLL? I wanted to thank you for your posts on this one as I got involved with puts and now am long the stock-many thanks.
- grcjr: $ATVI - on CNBC (I think it was) Dr J pumped this ticker with unusual activity. Did touch a new almost 2 year low.
- Forexpro: @Forexpro $ATVI $EA $NFLX Hi, Friends, Here's the daily chart for $EA. All the best!
- debeers: @Forexpro $ATVI $EA $NFLX - OT-The Pats can sneak up on anyone--no need for apology. Despite continual "zebra" errors, the following stats certainly bolster the case for a deserved win. Because i am a fundie girl, if i look at the statistic ...
Forexpro: Re: $ATVI, $EA
I have some writing to do, and since it has to be done, I would of course prefer to do almost anything else, within reason. The latter activities include going through this weekend's edition of Barron's. Tae Kim, in t ...
- DrScience: $GME Black Friday sales numbers and an upgrade appear to have forestalled the 😲eminent😲 collapse of gaming, at least, until Thursday when the company reports. Console makers $SNE and $MSFT stabilizing more-or-less around the 200 DMA; and game-makers $ATVI and $EA could be at tradable lows, but $TTWO might be in no-man's-land in its recovery. Waiting for Cyber Monday reports before dipping into the waters, but cautious for the time being.
$ATVI – likely move higher tomorrow. Don’t ask too much.
$ISRG – higher low...relative and absolute. Stop below $480.
$SYK – for long term hold? EPS/Rev growth is 10-12%ish, which is ok. Under distribution ...
- CraigReynolds: @PhilHarmonic $YELP Watching this at open. It could and hope it will. Dan pointed this out last night along with $ATVI for possible bounce. Anticipation watch.
- Reif99: $atvi off the mat
- PJMR11: @Reif99 $atvi still below opening print. Waiting to see if it can get over and stay there for a few minutes.
- Reif99: was in $YELP $ATVI and $CTL flat on everything now Made some on Yelp lost some on ATVI break even on CTL
- DrScience: @Reif99 $ATVI took some stock @ 53.60 and @ 54.00 on second swoon and recovery. If the stock cannot hold the low, we'll bail and see what the coming week offers.
- DrScience: $ATVI trading above VWAP. expect a test of the open @ 55.00 and the high @ 55.50
- DrScience: $ATVI Stopped out @ 56.00
- PJMR11: $ATVI Raised stop
COTD: $ATVI – Disappointing earnings. Might give you an oversold rebound tomorrow. Members...look at today’s trader training webinar for techniques on this.
• Fed – going to keep raising rates. Dec ...
- DrScience: $TTWO reported strong earnings, and raised guidance for FY2019. Look for pin action in $ATVI tomorrow ahead of their earnings release AMC.
- issues: @Brian_M $EA we prefer $ttwo & $atvi
- Brian_M: @issues $EA $ttwo $atvi very similar look I didn't think to check the others. Thanks
- BocaRick: $TTWO $EA $ATVI really falling??
- jwstich: @BocaRick $TTWO $EA $ATVI Yes and I have been unable to find a reason. Do you know why? Want to add them to my watch list.
- DrScience: @jwstich $TTWO $EA $ATVI All three (basically) fell from a bearish wedge pattern. Buzz surrounding Fortnite has diminished, but, for investors, stocks are in show-me mode. $EA will be the first to report at the EOM, with $TTWO and $ATVI a week later. Also, when $MSFT reports, we should get a clearer picture of what game console makers are expecting for the holiday season. IV for earnings in all three is quite high, excellent time to sell OTM BuPS to play an earnings run. For example, $ATVI NOV 65/70 BuPS @ 1.30 looks good. If the stock does as expected, it should test the 50 DMA before $EA reports -- maybe sooner. That's when I'd look to sell the NOV 80/85 or 85/90 BeCS to hold over earnings. Unfortunately, the stock looks like it wants lower prices in the next week, so we may be looking at selling the call side of the iron condor first!
- BocaRick: @DrScience $TTWO $EA $ATVI $MSFT on #StockTwits?? #Forbes article on ATVI units sold less than expected, pulled sector down.
- jwstich: @DrScience $TTWO $EA $ATVI $MSFT Really like your idea. Are you going to buy the BuPs today?
- jwstich: @BocaRick $TTWO $EA $ATVI $MSFT #StockTwits #Forbes I think this ia the article in Barron's. https://tinyurl.com/yauc8dzw
- debeers: $ATVI-As advertised last week,. Black Ops was the single best release in co. history. Barclays finally got a clue and this morning upgraded them 10 points higher than their original estimate. $BA-DAN NATHAN- Notwithstanding---- who shrieked Friday that Boeing was busted, $BA-Boeing isn't busted. How do we know? 1. POTUS has to prioritize tyrants: Who is worse? NOKO, IRAN, CHINA? the SAUDIS?? 2. The Saudis have an economic summit that no one wants to attend and kiss their a---. So, of course, they will now find some poor schmuck to blame for the journalist's disappearance/murder and will announce that they have chosen to execute him. 3. Boeing in the future won't shake its moneymaker on the sale of planes: the secret to its dominance will be avionics,. 4. Lockheed and Boeing are huuuuge employers. The auto industry is struggling...not an option to lose defense industry as well..
- debeers: $ATVI-CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS just released. It well may be that $TTWO may be a better game but Strauss Zelnick has already disappointed twice as to expected releases of his video game. I think that $ATVI will kill it over the holidays and the recent ...
- bnnybklyn: @debeers $ATVI $TTWO IMO and backed by some evidence and some data - $TTWO Red Dead Redemption 2 will be the best selling game in years. online boards are filled with incredibly popular comments shrugging off COD - all waiting with baited breath for RDR2. The 3 official trailer videos on YouTube for RDR2 garnered 44M views, COD had 4 trailers for various aspect of gameplay totaling 29.5M and the game is now released.
- ag1: $ATVI Blue Sky today but very choppy, Added today
- bwcarnation1: $XLC etf solidly above the 50d has some big tech names in it ie. $GOOGL, $FB, $NFLX, $ATVI, etc long
- tjv821: $atvi anyone liking it here??
- steve71: $ATVI Taking partial profits @ 78.90. PPS jumped on reviews saying Activision murder, mayhem and slaughter game as good as Fortnite killing, disembowelment, and decapitation game. Or something. These gamer stocks have a bright future.
- issues: @steve71 $ATVI Thanks for this very funny post. Thanks for the snicker. "Decapitation murder mayhem...bright future." Great humor. Ho ho ho!
- DrScience: $ATVI gamer getting some love today. CMF is off-the-chain as this week-long consolidation just above the 200 DMA unfolds. Even $EA is starting to look better after its new game release snafu. Long both.
|Stock Price||$USD 72.98|
Activision Blizzard Inc is an online, personal computer, video game console, tablet, handheld, and mobile game publisher. It has three operating segments: - Activision Publishing, Inc., Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Activision Blizzard Distribution.Request Video of ATVI
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 6th, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 47.84 77.68%
- $USD 201.67 57.81%
- $USD 16.61 44.44%
- $USD 23.68 -29.64%
- $USD 23.89 -20.11%
- $USD 53.30 -5.67%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 70,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (70,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!