Aphria Inc. (NYSE:APHA)
Old Forum Content for APHAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- scottrades: #PotStocks moving here. $CRON $CGC $NBEV $APHA
- Ringo: $CRON $TLRY $APHA $CGC - All the pot stock is moving up today.
- bill52: $APHA took a position for a swing trade back into the 5's or a retest of 6 if it ideally works out. 4.5 max stop loss
- scottrades: $APHA Moving premarket. They have agreed to receive 100 Million Strategic Investment from an Institutional Investor.
- brett_anderson: $APHA stopped out
- yongli: @brett_anderson $APHA It just testing the BO. spot to add for me.
$APHA -- I guess everybody wanted to sell at $6 bucks.
$LK -- long term investors should buy on any big weakness. If it hits 50-day MA, get a venti position.
$PLAN -- Supply at $60. Breakout today.
$CDNS -- watch this saucer pattern. No right &l ...
- scottrades: My notes for today: $SPY Bounce on the 8 EMA $QQQ Didn’t even get to the 8 EMA Before bouncing $GDX Don’t get me started on this. $INMD What a move today. Looking for a test of the high. $PINS Went Long this today. Nice bounce. Risking less than $1.00 $PLMR Leaned on into the close. Support at the 50 Day $TWLO This keeps catching my eye, though it’s not a Squeeze $SBUX Nice Reversal. $DDOG Moved off the 8 EMA though I think the real move comes above 43.60 $EXPE Popping out of a #Squeeze, Look for selling pressure at 123 $LOW Mentioned this last night, I think you want a stop about 4% lower $RRR Trying to move above it’s base, good volume today $CGC Holding above 23.60 $APHA Nice ride today. Request: $NEE - Looks tired. Needs to consolidate
- bRobert: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GDX $INMD $PINS $PLMR $TWLO $SBUX $DDOG $EXPE $LOW $RRR $CGC $APHA $NEE #Squeeze $GDX Short term trading in GDX is difficult I don't trade it that way I expected a short term pullback New Tight ascending channel . (bear wedge like) Bounced off top of range It is in no man's land in the middle of band . Watching for higher low but letting it do the work
- scottrades: Watch $APHA above 5.65.
- scottrades: @scottrades $APHA Moving now.
- mogo: @scottrades $APHA I've been waiting for this! I got in early hoping it would break out of its recent range.
- scottrades: My #Swing notes for today: $SPY Technically still higher than yesterday's close. $QQQ Higher low, but feels consolidatey. $GDX Getting tighter. $EYE Short Squeeze under way. (Up 10% Afterhours) $LOW A little selling into the move. Alert at 123.20 $LZB Potential Gap Fill trade. $EGOV Watch above 24 $PLXS Low float. 6 Days of Short Interest $BPFH Sloooow mover in a squeeze $PZZA Papa John may be a little crazy, but this chart looks tasty. $FN Posted about this in the forum, good volume. $APHA Swinging this.
$APHA -- good breakout today -- one of the only pot stocks.
$NVAX -- issuing $100 million in common stock. This is why it pays to sell early.
$AMZN -- Not acting well.
$PLMR -- former GSL stock trying to get back on track. Earnings 2/3.
$OLED -- A ...
- Kid2old: @DAN $NFLX $SPX $MDY $IWM $DJT $NDX $FFTY $MTUM $TSLA $STNE $GLOB $RNG $EL $TXG $TPX $SCHW $AMTD $APHA $NVAX $AMZN $PLMR $OLED $XPEL $SCHW $AMTD Buy out announced on Nov 25 https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/25/charles-schwab-to-buy-td-ameritrade-in-a-26-billion-all-stock-deal.html Ameritrade stockholders will receive 1.0837 Schwab shares for every share held. These two stocks are tidally locked.
- tcburke82: $APHA interesting news this morning. Anyone else playing the news?
$CRON -- Add $8.83. Alert $8.80apha
$APHA -- Alert $5.50
$OGI -- Do NOT buy this here. Low dollar stocks are very volatile. Entry must be perfect.
- scottrades: #ShortReport out on $OPRA from the same group that went after $APHA. https://hindenburgresearch.com/opera-phantom-of-the-turnaround/
$APHA Not invited to the party.
$ENDP Congrats to the traders who grabbed this in the live session today! Watch for a test of the high tomorrow.
- mogo: @scottrades I think $APHA is still getting over earnings/guidance. The good news is that investors haven't completely abandoned ship. If it can absorb and tire-out the sellers, it'll hopefully climb out of this 4.75-5.50 range.
- scottrades: $APHA Miss on Earnings. Bringing down other #Potstocks premarket. This could be a buying op. Watch the first 10 mins. $CGC $CRON
- BGale65: $APHA recovering on intraday charts
- scottrades: #PotStocks FYI $APHA has earnings tomorrow.
- Ringo: @Scott $APHA - Is this a good buy point looks like holding at 50DMA
- scottrades: @Ringo $APHA You'd want a stop around 4.70
- baronp0329: @scottrades, $APHA $CGC $CRON $TLRY Most of the Pot stock prices are going "Up in Smoke" Took profits 2 days ago but still long 1/2 position on $APHA at 4.96 from a few days ago
- scottrades: @baronp0329 $APHA $CGC $CRON $TLRY Yep. I was quick in and quick out. Disappointing, but out of our control.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $APHA $CGC $CRON $TLRY Set alerts Set it and forget it eg CGC > $22 I am interested in this pullback
The main problem with a lot of these stocks (despite the initial supply problems) is the fact they are missing revenue expectations and one of the reasons for that was the terrible roll-out of retail locations by the provinces and with Ontario being ...
- scottrades: @scottrades $CGC $APHA as well.
- success: @scottrades $APHA $CGC $CRON $TLRY $HEXO $OGI $NEPT $ACB #PotStocks watching these trades . . all opened higher and then started retreating
- baronp0329: @bRobert @scottrades $CGC Locked in some profits: Closed 3/4 $CGC Dec20 21 Calls from yesterday, 68% profits. Closed all $CRON Dec20 7 calls from yesterday, 59% profits. Still long $APHA stocks at 4.96, up 11%.
- scottrades: Of all the #PotStocks I have been watching today, $APHA is the only one showing late day strength
- baronp0329: @scottrades $APHA #PotStocks Yes, Still long $APHA at 4.96. Took good profits this morning on Dec $CGC $CRON calls from yesterday
- brett_anderson: @scottrades $APHA #PotStocks it's like ya get the feeling that eventually they have to go up. too bad the charts aren't able to grok with that sentiment! :)
- Nepenthe: @scottrades $ZAGG $APHA #PotStocks Not pot, but ZAGG. If you have the time, wondering what you think of this set-up. I ask only as these type seem to be mentioned by you a bit, and they're ones I've failed to recognize in the past. I've drawn a trend line from its high of 11/7, down to its next low high, on 12/6, and looking for the price action to break above that line. I bought a starter position as it bounced off the 50ma a few days ago, with a stop just below the LOD, and am looking to add if, well, what? Or am I grasping at straws that shouldn't be grasped? Cheers.
- scottrades: My #Swing Notes: $SSO Trend is up, Good volume today. $QLD Ditto. $CGC Great, for the first 15 mins...then not. $CRON Nothing here. $APHA Had some nice strength. No reason to sell. $WMT Trying to Squeeze here. Watch above 120.50 $CL Alert at 69 $TRI Alert at 73.60 $MDT Alert at 114 $CTAS Alert at 262.80 $SBUX Working, let it work. $ALGT Alert at 175 $XPLE No trade yet, but watch at 16.40 $SBCF Trying to Squeeze higher. Slow mover. $YETI Use today’s low as a place for a stop.
- scottrades: @baronp0329 $CRON $CGC Nice one! Some of them are getting nice and coiled. $APHA as well.
- baronp0329: @scottrades $CRON $CGC $APHA thanks Scott for APHA. Nice vol and price in last 30 mins. Also tempted to get some $CGC now. forming a hammer and broke and staying above 50d.
- Scruffy: $APHA @Scottrades - Lots of upside trading especially since the middle of the day. Nice percentage move. If we have strong close and some follow thru in the morning, I think I will add to my position.
- scottrades: I've been off the #PotStocks Wagon for a while. Took a piece of $APHA this morning. Holding at the 50 Day and breaking out of a small base. Tight stop.
- scottrades: @scottrades $APHA #PotStocks My stop is just below the 50 Day MA. We had a nice pop at the open and has since pulled back.
$APHA Watching, waiting.
$HEXO Going sideways.
$KIDS Massive volume (for this stock). You now want to make sure that breakout level holds.
$YETI Bought some today, watch the video for I how like to enter stocks intraday.
$SBUX Own this, it’ ...
- champ: @scottrades $SSO $QLD $CGC $APHA $HEXO $KIDS $YETI $SBUX $GDI $SMH $AMAT $DIOD $TSM $AMD $FORM $LECO $JBL $KBH #Squeeze --- Yes it is all about timing, timing-In and timing-Out. Took profits on $KIDS, today because news bounced this stock today, priced the public offering, tomorrow is a wait and see, unknown for now.
Ajax4Hire: @scottrades $SSO $QLD $CGC $APHA $HEXO $KIDS $YETI $SBUX $GDI $SMH $AMAT $DIOD $TSM $AMD $FORM $LECO $JBL $KBH #Squeeze
$YETI - designer, marketer, distributor of outdoor and recreation products.
YETI cups are so awesome and the coole ...
- bsafriet: #Cannabis These are my picks out of the group I follow: $CGC, $ACB, $APHA, $CRON, $HEXO, $TLRY, $ACRGF, $CRLBF Need to see follow through tomorrow to confirm this move. Sparked by the new CEO for $CGC coming over from $STZ.
- baronp0329: #PotStocks $CGC $CRON $APHA No selling on 3rd day. Still in Beast Mode. BTO $CRON Nov22 7 Calls at 0.21 yesterday. STC 1/2 at 0.45, 114% profit. BTO $CGC Nov22 17 Calls at 0.55, been taking partial profits. Took another 1/8 profit, STC 2.90, 427% profit.
- xjonez727: $ACB over $3 and $APHA trying to clear $5
- baronp0329: @scottrades, what is with the big move on $CRON $CGC $APHA about 11am PST?
- Tango: @baronp0329 $CRON $CGC $APHA Excellent insight
- scottrades: @baronp0329 $CRON $CGC $APHA There was some news that $MO was buying more $CRON at these levels and some traders see this as Bullish. Also a lot of these stocks are down 30% in the last few days...so assuming some shorts are covering.
- baronp0329: @scottrades $CRON $CGC $APHA $MO Thanks Scott. I want to trade the oversold bounce, need to get some Pot Stock Options going real quick.
- Herb: @baronp0329 $CRON $CGC $APHA even $ACB up! Interesting that $IIPR isn't.
- Sher: @scottrades $CRON $CGC $APHA - Scott, are you nibbling at any of these?
- scottrades: @Sher $CRON $CGC $APHA I'm really trying to focus on Squeezes right now so I'm not trading any of these at the moment.
- baronp0329: @scottrades $CRON $CGC $APHA Scott, soon your Tweeter user name will be "The Squeeze Master"! haha.
- Sher: @Herb $CRON $CGC $APHA $ACB $IIPR - Out of 23 pots stocks I watch, 19 are showing green, today, for the first time in forever...
- scottrades: @baronp0329 $CRON $CGC $APHA I'll take it!
- baronp0329: $CRON $CGC $APHA House Judiciary committee is marking up a bill to decriminalize marijuana at the federal level. A companion bill has been introduced in the Senate. https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2019/11/16/vote-to-federally-legalize-marijuana-planned-in-congress/#22e6a8db201b
- xjonez727: $APHA getting pounded by sellers
- Showmethemoney: @scottrades $SBUX Thanks. $APHA I know you follow the pot stocks. All the bad earnings are out. You think this a tradable bottom here for APHA?
- scottrades: @Showmethemoney $APHA Not my trade. No volume confirmation.
- xjonez727: $APHA is a dog @scottrades do you track this one? I know $ACB has earnings tomorrow
- scottrades: @xjonez727 $APHA $ACB Yep, I watch Aphria. The chart isn't giving me any buy signals yet and I don't like to bottom fish so I haven't traded it for a long time.
- DAN: @xjonez727 $APHA $ACB Re/ the pot complex: If you start with the chart...you'll never even see a pot stock. None of them would ever pop up on a scan or watch list. At some point in the future, that will probably change...but until/unless it does, I'll never see a chart of $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY or any other stocks in the industry. The only one that I can see that MIGHT wind up working again is $IIPR, which is a REIT with a 4% yield. But that's not on my radar now either,....because the chart shows the stock in a downtrend. Remember the four phases of price movement: Phase 1 -- Accumulation Phase 2 -- Markup Phase 3 -- Distribution Phase 4 -- Markdown. We want to be in Phase 2 stocks. ONLY Phase 2 stocks. Any of the other three phases will, by definition, underperform Phase 2 stocks. Make sense?
- Showmethemoney: @xjonez727 $APHA @scottrades I've owned only $APHA and $CGC in the past. I just started a position here in APHA I think they are the best of the Canadian bunch. It would be nice to have a permanent CEO though.
- xjonez727: @DAN $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR Agreed! I owned $APHA and $ACB prior to joining. Trying to find a good spot to exit and limit losses.
- scottrades: @Showmethemoney $APHA Tough to know what will happen. Everyone thought Vic was a good CEO because he came from a successful background with the vitamin giant Jamieson. Because there are no upcoming events that the stocks are running towards, it makes it hard for me to justify putting money to work in these stocks when others (sectors) are going up. Just make sure you know what kind of trade you're getting into. If you're looking out 5-10 years, trade off the monthly chart...but even those charts don't looks good right now.
- Showmethemoney: @scottrades $APHA thanks. This is a tough group to figure out! Not working now.
- scottrades: @Showmethemoney $APHA Wait for it to set up so well the chart slaps you in the face.
- Ajax4Hire: @DAN $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR I don't like to trade in stocks below $10(1) and $CGC, $TLRY are in the "penalty box". $IIPR is below 200day-MA, 50day-MA, but $IIPR seems to have a good business model that is NOT closely tied to consumption. One day, cannabis/marijuana will lose its "hero" status and become a pariah like tobacco/cigarettes. The real money will be made when the tobacco companies buy these upstarts. $BTI, $PM, $MO, Reynolds (not public, was $RAI), $TYO, $LON are valued at $750B(total) $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR are valued at $13B(total, that is generous). $PM pays more taxes($2.65B) than most of these companies value. Big Tobacco companies can easily consume any or all of the "Pot" stocks. (1) - sub-$10 stocks good for day trading but that can be exhausting and fraught with peril.
DAN: @xjonez727 $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR Here's how I would look at it:
$ACB -- Just $3.51 above ultimate support. So you've got just $3.51 of risk.
$APHA -- That's 33% riskier -- with $4.50 room between current pricing and ultimate support. ...
- DAN: @Ajax4Hire $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR $BTI $PM $MO $RAI $TYO $LON Yeah, I agree. Here's the thing about cannabis, tobacco, etc. I understand that cannabis has medicinal use on some level. I don't know anything about it -- I've tried CBD oil ...
- bigbartabs: @DAN $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR ... I'm sure glad that the way I was wired put making money ahead of ego. The difference between living large and living on the street.
- DAN: @bigbartabs $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR LOL. Living large vs. living on the street. Great way to look at it.
- xjonez727: $APHA hitting highs of the day
- Wolf: @scottrades $APHA Do you know if there is significant short interest? Fidelity shown no availability to short.
- scottrades: $APHA Released Earnings this morning. Up in the premarket, but I'm expecting a quick fade. It does have 5.3 days of short interest, so might be a good 59 min trade.
- scottrades: @Wolf $APHA Marketsmith just says 5.3 Days, which isn't very much. It's about 11% of the float.
$APHA No base. Short swing trades only.
$APHA -- nothing here to look at. It is a rock.
- baronp0329: Earnings season $NFLX $DPZ $DAL $AAPL $FB $AZZ $JPM $SNAP $UNH $LEVI $BAC $CLF $SQ $T $DIS $GS $BA $JNJ $HELE $WFC $TWTR $C $V $FAST $GE $APHA $INFY $CVS $ALLY $CMG $KO $INTC $F $MA $ABT $SCHW $MCD $NOK $PM $PLD $SAR $HAL $WBA $AXP $XLNX $PFE $PG
- scottrades: $CRON getting blasted by the same Short Seller that went after $APHA: https://twitter.com/HindenburgRes/status/1171075966225063936?s=20
- Rjeletrik: @scottrades $HEXO $ACB $CGC $CRON $CTST $GWPH $OGI $TLRY $APHA #PotStocks can you please explain you the short interest relates to the stock price ?
- Richlion1: @scottrades $HEXO $ACB $CGC $CRON $CTST $GWPH $OGI $TLRY $APHA #PotStocks Thank you Scott. I have some VFF after listening to you a few nights ago. Will add this week.
- scottrades: @Rjeletrik This means it would take 'X Days' of buying (based on the average daily volume) for all the short sellers to cover their position. Interestingly enough $APHA's Interest has declined 23% which tells me a lot of the moves we're seeing could be, in large part, shorts buying back.
- Rjeletrik: @scottrades $APHA does it necessarily affect the stock price one way or the other?
- scottrades: Hey Team! We saw some bounces in #PotStocks this week. A lot of it, triggered by short covering. I'm looking for some follow thought next week. Here's some current short interest on the majors: $HEXO: 7.9 Days $ACB: 9.6 Days $CGC: 7.1 Days $CRON: 9.4 Days $CTST: 2.5 Days $GWPH: 9.0 Days $OGI: 2.8 Days $TLRY: 3.6 Days $APHA: 6.1 Days
- scottrades: Watching for some continuation on $APHA today.
- CraigReynolds: @scottrades $APHA Actually I see yesterday breaking out from the down trend. Needs to stay above yesterdays low for sure. I would give it a very very tight stop if it continues, maybe at the VWAP or a little lower. Not giving much room. I'm I reading this correctly? Sector still not working well for sure in my opinion.
- scottrades: @CraigReynolds $APHA That's how I would trade it Craig.
- CraigReynolds: @scottrades $APHA Appreciate
- traderbren: $APHA - pushed back above the 50d. NP.
- bsafriet: $ACB $APHA Buy ACB @6.82 Buy APHA @ 7.18 Both strong E/R reports
- Herb: Your pot stock of the day: $APHA
- scottrades: $APHA trading way up after hours after their earnings release.
- scottrades: @Showmethemoney $APHA I don't like to pick bottoms, so I'm waiting for the stock (and most potstocks) to build a base of support.
- Showmethemoney: @scottrades @jroger Speaking of pot stocks, do you think the $APHA after receiving the downgrade is over done here? I know earnings are next week and not much expected there. thanks
- scottrades: @scottrades $CTST The same thing happened when $APHA went through their "problems", I suspect this will be a short term pop, but who knows.
- Showmethemoney: $APHA Bounced off 6.60 a few times over the past month or so. Consolidating to make a move higher?
|Stock Price||$USD 4.50|
Aphria Inc is licensed to produce and sell medical marijuana, including dried cannabis and cannabis oil, as a Licensed Producer under the provisions of the ACMPR.Request Video of APHA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 30th, 2020 - 2020 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 14.53 301.87%
- $USD 8.76 58.10%
- $USD 5.63 40.90%
- $USD 7.49 -24.30%
- $USD 18.08 -13.44%
- $USD 6.83 -10.68%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 70,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (70,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!