Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DAN: Good morning. The futures are pointing to a flat open today as we head into a week that's packed with important earnings releases. With the S&P just 2.5% below the January high of 2872, there is certainly a chance that strong earnings reports c ...
- Henry: $AMZN Potus tweeting again about Post Office
- DAN: @Henry $AMZN I really don't think it's a good idea for POTUS to be picking a fight with Jeff Bezos.
- petros06: Don't you mean Lex Luthor@DAN $AMZN
- debeers: @DAN $AMZN -Considering they pay ALL their taxes? Ya think?
- Henry: @DAN $AMZN Potus ain't scared, 2 more tweets
- DAN: @petros06 $AMZN LOL. Yep. I don't think there is a good tactic for pissing off the richest guy on the planet. ;-)
- shoredriver: @Henry $AMZN Get rid of the PO........
- phgruver: @DAN $AMZN ...at the same time, the rich have always had to kowtow to the political leaders. As Chief Justice John Marshal famously said, "The power to tax is the power to destroy."
- Reif99: $AMZN bounced off the S3 pivot point on the open -I missed it though.
- riskmanager: @Reif99 $AMZN Yep, Trumps tweet gave us a buy point had we been paying attention.
- Spotdog: @debeers $AMZN $BA $HAE $CTAS $MTN $GWW $MOV $MCD $AAPL $FB $TSLA $GOOG GEE. You forgot to mention my two favs, $ENPH and $TNDM up 246% and 824% respectively.
- debeers: @Spotdog $AMZN $BA $HAE $CTAS $MTN $GWW $MOV $MCD $AAPL $FB $TSLA $GOOG $ENPH $TNDM --Tandem has done really well. I mentioned HAE only because its a no drama mama stock. Lower left to upper right
- Spotdog: @debeers $AMZN $BA $HAE $CTAS $MTN $GWW $MOV $MCD $AAPL $FB $TSLA $GOOG $ENPH $TNDM As my wife says, "Green is good"
- PhilHarmonic: @Henry $AMZN Today the President has been tweeting much more then he usually tweets. Something is going on...
- Reif99: No expert on this, but $AMZN bounced off S3 on the open, touched S2, retraced, then broke through S2 up to S1, then has been bouncing between S2 and S1 all morning. Made a couple of bucks, but I wish I'd seen the opening move down.
- debeers: @Spotdog $AMZN $BA $HAE $CTAS $MTN $GWW $MOV $MCD $AAPL $FB $TSLA $GOOG $ENPH $TNDM -You do realize how lucky you are to be married to her I hope.
- debeers: @PhilHarmonic $AMZN - Maybe he slept 4 hours last night instead of 3.
debeers: $AMZN/$BA/$BOOT/$HAE/$CTAS/$MTN /$GWW/$MOV/ $TIF-Longs all
Hold positions in the former set, not the latter set
I am officially calling this my morning rant and it goes this way.
I would particularly like answ ...
- Ajax4Hire: @PJMR11 $T Same here. $T - AT&T is above 5% dividend(/year) and at a multi-year low. $T-AT&T acquisition of $TWC - Time-Warner is the realization that Internet Service Provider and Content Creator combination is a "greater than the sum" solution. $VZ-Verizon, $TMUS-T-Mobile, $S-Sprint, $CMCSA-Comcast, $CHTR-Charter will hungrily troll the land looking for Content Creators to buy. Just as $APPL-Apple, $AMZN-Amazon and $NFLX-Netflix are doing now. This is on the heals of $CHTR-Charter acquiring $TWC-Time-Warner Cable(the ISP/Cable part). Something to keep in mind; Video games is big business new(bigger than movies). Expect deep-pocket ISP/communication companies to lust after Content Creators like $EA, $TTWO, Valve/Steam, $ATVI-Activision $TCEHY-Tencent holdings, $NTES-NetEase, $UBSFY-Ubisoft, $SQNXF-SquareEnix. As a reminder; GTA-V(Grand Theft Auto #5) grossed $800M in the 1st 24hrs of release.
I'm not personally acquainted with any hedgies or real money managers who allocate money to a sector because some talking head running a lot less (or no) money is banging a drum on CNBC. Then again, there are certainly plenty whom I don't know, or p ...
- shoredriver: $AMZN......Telsey Adv. lifts pt to $2100.....
- mikeo561: $AMZN -- selling the 1840 and 1842.50 calls with today expiration for 0.75 and 0.80. $AMZN STO -1840/+1845 BCS for 0.75 credit. Also, -1842.50/ 1847.50 BCS for 0.70. ------------------ Fingers crossed. Y'all have a great day.
- debeers: $AMZN-Opened a new fulfillment center in Spokane..You don't do this when business is slowing.
- mikeo561: @mikeo561 $AMZN -- chickened out and bought back the spreads I sold. Most for about 0.10. Dun for the day. Have a great weekend folks.
- Kristine: @shoredriver $AMZN - only 16% to reach their target. Looking forward to seeing that number print some day ;)
2. $AMZN – Earnings on Thursday pm. Enthusiasm already wrung out of this stock. Will move BIG on Friday. Probably higher b/c that’s what AMZN does…but we don’t know. Any selloff would be brief…and would be bought. ...
- DAN: $AMZN -- breaking 1830.
- Kristine: @DAN $AMZN - just bought back a call that I closed yesterday....maybe a short term trade?
- champ: $AMZN....looks like this could be a #short today...posted yesterday and I have a #Spec-short position...for now.
- champ: $AMZN...they are covering...right when I posted...I'm Out...took profits.
- debeers: $BOOT/$GWW/$HAE/$MOV-working all.ALL UP Bought GWW for their earnings and am staying with it after the call. Upgrades on this one(GWW) from every analyst who has thus far checked in. $AMZN/$BA/$MTN/$LULU not working today but staying with them. Will get back to you asap as time permits.
- woodman: @Sluggo $IQ $HUYA - HUYA, think Twitch, which is owned by $AMZN.
COTD: $AMZN – look at how this moved between pivot lines. Level of support -- $1750.
$SPX – floating higher. Will focus on retail today. Focus on this in the Weekend Update too.
$DJI – MSFT down after the close. No, wait! It&r ...
- debeers: $BA-Some things even surpass plane orders and today was one of them: after 20 years of fighting, Ethiopia and Eritrea declared peace in the valley and it was Boeing who re-united the separated families. The other African nations, appreciative of the end to the feud, gave Boeing service contracts. Flags flying & general celebration. $AMZN-RBC, even at these levels reaffirms its biuy rating on Amazon while Piper Jaffray ups its target to 2075. $MLNX-solid beat on earnings this am.
- Wykeman: $AMZN said 100m prime members. X $120= buy it. 2400 year end target.
- champ: $AMZN....watching closely.....many have shorts on this position now....NP
- debeers: $AMZN-Prime was record breaking for the company making it one of the biggest shopping days in the company's history. More new members joined than ever before. The Ring doorbell for home security and organic strawberries at whole foods were the big sellers.
- baronp0329: From the Street.com: A match made in heaven? @JimCramer talks Kohl's $KSS partnership with Amazon. More on AAP name $AMZN here: https://buff.ly/2khDJhL
- debeers: $AMZN-Get ready for another healthcare acquisition, this time in India. This would be the 2nd one and way bigger than Pill Pak. Of course the markets don't like it when anyone spends money on anything which is beyond absurd- Here's the details so far ...
- cmaxwel1: $amzn 1/2 position left. Rest on sale limit 1870.
- Kristine: @debeers $AMZN - Odd to see the UPS trucks in July with cargo trailers hitched to them. Good for Amazon, the sellers....and the shareholders ;) The way the chart flat-lined in the 1840 range all afternoon showed decent accumulation. Even if it takes a little breather over the next couple days I'm happy to have a nice core position. Just wish we had a Whole Foods nearby....closest is 20 miles away.
- cmaxwel1: $AMZN still holding, cost basis 1741, waiting to see if people still are buying prime day after site being down for promotion at 3-8pm last night.
- tigerjohn8: $ADBE $CNC $CRM $V $AMZN sold a third of my positions in each these. These looked a little overbought IMHO, If market softens I expect them to go down and me to reload up to full positions again.
- Wolf: $AMZN Sold the news yesterday. Restarted @ 1803.
- debeers: Goldman note today- apparel will be largely unaffected.Shoes unaffected. i think if you stick to the higher end you should be ok. $AMZN/$BA/$BOOT/$HAE/$LULU/$MOV-rebought/$MTN/$NKE (added)/---will buy $PVH tomorrow. $DXCM-want a better price.
- JBed: @debeers $AMZN $BA $BOOT $HAE $LULU $MOV $MTN $NKE $PVH $DXCM Also, on the cheaper side, $SKX is breaking to the upside after a loooong consolidation. $FOSL is also moving up. I'm also in $LULU, at your earlier suggestion. Long calls.
- otnancy: $AMZN - back in positive territory now. My 59 min call option trade is up over 9%
- cmaxwel1: $AMZN returning to upward direction. Holding full position with sell limits at 1850, 1870
- debeers: @otnancy $AMZN -YAY!!
- shoredriver: @debeers $AMZN good God...don't bring up the luggage.....
- debeers: @JBed $AMZN $BA $BOOT $HAE $LULU $MOV $MTN $NKE $PVH $DXCM $SKX $FOSL -Don't care for the SKS. I want a competitive edge on shoes which Nike gives you. Movado is justified because its the highest margin, highest priced fashion watch i could find andif you look at the BOD, it has the sharpest directors on the planet. The cherry on top is that its next to impossible to borrow the stock.
- debeers: $AMZN-The boo- hooers seemed to have recovered as the snowflakes are getting over themselves. Can you imagine being inconvenienced for 10 hours?. How does that compare to the emotional hardship of misplaced luggage?LOL Great to have added a couple yesterday.
- woodman: @debeers $AMZN - this reminds me, I have a few things to buy on AMZN.
- champ: $AMZN ---- HOD.... up $40, off the low ...very strong. Could keep zig-zagging higher....on a positive market.
- bigbartabs: @debeers $AMZN ... snowflakes... can you imagine the the snow melt when the next recession hits? Parents might want to buy exterior bars for their basement windows while the prices are still low.
- Robert1965: $AMZN hit an ATH 1845.06
- debeers: $AMZN-Well, you've done so well, a splurge, provided the items are on sale, Mr. Woodman, would be in order for you and the family.
- champ: @bigbartabs $IQ $NDX $QQQ $TQQQ $XLK $TECL #Risk-On #Good ---- I didn't add any ETF's...but I'm watching....it just seems like everything is wrong, in DC and that is why, I'm a little more positive today.....but I'm going to say it again...it is only one day at a time....and maybe it should even be.... hour by hour....it is really hard to figure out...if the $SPY is going to hold or even break-thru this 280 level....and it really does seem... like everything is only just a guess.....but for #Market-Timing....I'm watching the $SPY and the high momentum stocks, like $AMZN and others, for direction. How you doing up there...away from the smog, the weather nice and did the wind die down?
- debeers: $AMZN-says its ahead of projected on Prime Days which, considering the glitch, is pretty impressive.
- bigbartabs: @champ $IQ $NDX $QQQ $TQQQ $XLK $TECL $SPY $AMZN #Risk-On #Good #Market-Timing ... What are you thinking regarding oil... $ERX $GUSH ? I can't seem to get my footing on those two... too choppy. Yeah, wind is better. We've had a couple of weeks of pretty windy conditions. Always makes me cringe due to fire. The Ferguson fire south of us near Yosemite is smoken' up the joint... but more up the hill from us in Tahoe. I sure hope I'll be able to afford my homeowners insurance years out! :) Cheers brutha...
- cmaxwel1: @debeers $AMZN (almost at $1850 next sale limit)
- debeers: @cmaxwel1 $AMZN --I think its not done and I think we get to at least DAN's original guestimate of 1753. What other seller can lose money on every transaction but make money on subscription??
- cmaxwel1: @debeers $AMZN (still holding 1/2) Looking for 1870.
- drmike54: $AMZN taking a short term break??? or shaking out the weakest longs????
- debeers: $BA-Day 1 of Farnborough- So far here's what's come in : GOL order for 30 737 Max's, Goshawk 20 737's, NEW service orders so far 2.1B $AMZN-so far up another 15 bucks or so $NKE-beloved still Retail on case by case. No politics relevant to Prime Day, sneaks, select bio stocks, or anything else.. Have you noticed that not 1 gamer cares about politics? $ATVI-down today and comfortably above the 8 day. $MTN- resort goers in the summer and skiiers in the winter couldn't give a damn about trading partners. Neither do the cowboys ($BOOT).
- champ: @drmike54 $AMZN ---- Traders and investors are just waiting for #Market-Timing... before they add.......also $AMZN is at a conference today and again tomorrow....and they will be also at... that #Cyber-Security conference, on 7/20.... all #might keep this stock moving.
$AMZN- a 1 of a kinder
$BA-duopoly but 1 of a kind in aircraft maintenance
$BOOT-Bought out Tinsdales for cash. No debt. Cowboy western wear paradise.
$HAE-No other meaningful plasma collection stock.A 93 dollar stock down way less than many bios to ...
- debeers: @DAN $TSLA @DAN-- $AMZN---How lovely that the measured move is progressing just as you said it would and even lovlier for all of us in SMM who own the stock.
- Henry: @drmike54 $AMZN new hod
- Kristine: @champ $AMZN - good advice champ! I did recently add a little to my core position which I will hold through earnings. This will be the 4th earnings in a row to hold half unless stops are hit before then.
- champ: $AMZN ...HOD....sure looks like the stock wants to move up even higher...
- BobbyG: @champ $AMZN Sold out of half of my shorter term options, rolling the other half up and out. May open a straddle at the end of the day and play the price movements that way up to earnings.
- champ: @BobbyG $AMZN ---- I'm still holding and I added back to my swing....however, tomorrow and Wednesday, could have more than a few moves....traders will be at work, in the coming days, is my guess. Really need the markets to move up, financials are helping today but even with that help, the markets are still flat but they should be higher. Could be that Oil, is the reason, the markets are flat today....the energy sector is getting hammered.
- DAN: $AMZN -- Prime Day kicks off at 3 pm ET (in about 13 minutes). Interesting how the stock is pulling back now....and it will be even more interesting to see what happens at the top of the hour. I don't know how sales are tracked, or whether it's possible for someone to gather data that will give them an edge in trading. I don't really think so -- but who knows? Anyway, just thought I'd mention it. Prime Day starts at 3 pm and runs through 3 am on Wednesday -- 36 hours of sales. Two years ago, they had over 100,000 items. Now, they're over a million.
- traderbren: $AMZN - heading lower on the day.
- sierramp: @DAN $AMZN They must be getting a lot of interest. The website will not allow you to 'shop by interest' it's only allowing 'shop all deals' but even that isn't showing much. They must be overloaded.
- stairm01: $AMZN website crashes as Prime Day kicks off. So does stock.
- riskmanager: @stairm01 $AMZN Must be the Russians.
- gmj: $AMZN taking profits ... don't like issues; I can always buy it back.
- Bob E: @riskmanager $AMZN Very funny @riskmanger! Now I'm waiting for the fake news media report it! I better not hold my breath!
- BobbyG: Going to open an Aug 1820 Straddle on $AMZN for a swing. Volatility is not going anywhere prior to earnings.
- Wykeman: $BABA singles day kills $AMZN prime day..revenue..just sayin
- champ: $AMZN ---- Their site going down, really kill this stock earlier and now $NLFX is dropping and it looks like that is effecting $AMZN, also now in the AH's. Sold on the turn...out for now.
- riskmanager: @champ $AMZN $NLFX Hard for me to understand market reactions to $NFLX earnings. What impact does that have on $GOOGL, $FB, $AAPL. etc.? Maybe just an excuse to sell the news.
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN $NLFX $NFLX $GOOGL $FB $AAPL ---- It really doesn't have very much of anything to do with it.....however, investors #know ahead, that others will be selling.... for know real reason, at all, so they sell. I have posted about this m ...
- riskmanager: @champ $AMZN $NLFX $NFLX $GOOGL $FB $AAPL $LIGH #know #know-real-reason-at-all #CopyCat #entry #stock-and-market-timing #both #sector-timing #requires-patiences Thanks Champ. Glad I got stopped out in $AMZN earlier. I can thank Dan for driving that point home. Now I can take the 50,000 ft view and wait for reentry. Didn't have a position in $NFLX. Interesting, the market maker move on TOS was +/- 33. for $NFLX post earnings. Looks like they were off by about 26 points!
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN $NLFX $NFLX $GOOGL $FB $AAPL $LIGH #know #know-real-reason-at-all #CopyCat #entry #stock-and-market-timing #both #sector-timing #requires-patiences ---- One other point....when a stock has #sell-the-news....that is always a stock, that you want to put on your #stock-buy-watch-list and what that means is... that you are only just waiting for #timing, before you can buy.....and can't buy until you have entry-timing and you #can't buy any stock (no hope trades or not many are allowed), if it is not on your stock--buy-watch-list. Spec-trades are always OK but remember, that is just another name but it is still a hope trade. All stocks, also need to have the proper research, before they can be on your stock-buy-watch-list. Just saying....
- Henry: @champ $AMZN I'm sorry I didn't see it at $1790. It's Amazon day, not Christmas. It's and artificial holiday. They can say sorry guys we screwed up, Amazon day is extended all week.
- champ: @Henry $AMZN ---- Yes, anything can happen and I saw this stock at $1790....but I can't buy this type of stock, in the AH's.... because I loss my cup. LOL
- riskmanager: @Henry $AMZN Me too. 1790 was a gift.
COTD: $AMZN – Prime Day…Stock bulls shopping with no limit on credit cards. Started 3 pm today. Ends 3 am on Wednesday. Looking very much like a “sell the news” stock. Big reversal. Don’t bet on the bulls now.
- Robert1965: @champ $AMZN Nice buy at 1751 the other day
- RedLeaf1: In the first five minutes of trading, new 52 wk highs: $AMZN $FB $GOOGL $ISRG $MSFT
- mikeo561: $AMZN -- I "play" selling vertical spreads on Fridays with Friday expiration (just 1 or 2 contracts). Looking at $AMZN, does is look like it has a chance to close below 1815 today? Please contribute your thoughts and analysis. Thanks.
- martyrb3: $AMZN STC July 1750 call. 203% in 4 days. Thanks Dan ! Your perspective and insight gave me the confidence to do that trade. Profit on that one will pay for SMM for a few years!
- mikeo561: @martyrb3 $AMZN -- You GO! @martyrb3. Congratulations!!!
- debeers: $AMZN-what once was Mercado is now moving inexorably to Amazon.Latin America will be the next frontier and more goods from the small Latino merchants will have a more expert and varied forum.
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,800....back-in this morning....zig-zagging with the market...and the $DJI .. is around the flat line...for now.
- woodman: @debeers $AMZN - Lately, as part of my studying the world of e-sports, I've been reading of $AMZN's involvement (among many others'). Their footprint here isn't surprising. They are in everything. Despite what the President may think or wish, and his crusade against Bezos, it's Amazon's world. It's one of my largest positions. Buy it, hold it, and forget about it.
|Stock Price||$USD 1,764.03|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 25th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 34.78 22.15%
- $USD 6.29 8.63%
- $USD 32.88 7.84%
- $USD 24.16 -54.51%
- $USD 40.17 -40.22%
- $USD 13.15 -37.43%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 58,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (58,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!