Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- baronp0329: All opened 9/11, taking partial profits on 3rd day: $BABA BuCS Oct 165/175 $BIDU 210 Calls $EEM Oct 42.50 Calls $HAL Oct 40 calls $AMZN Oct 1950 Calls $CQQQ, $RIG, $CRC
- klarson18: $amzn cup and handle on 5 minute chart. Does that matter on a 5 minute chart?
- billfumick: I'm long more $AMZN calls that Id hate to admit BUT this stock looks like a coiled spring going into tomorrow. I generally don't ask BUT am I the only one seeing such thing? Thanks!
- RedLeaf1: @billfumick $AMZN I hope so. I've got the Sep 14 $1987.50 call and $1992.50 call that I bought this morning and I am underwater.
- billfumick: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN I just sold 1/2..... Had to take some "stress" off, lol
- RedLeaf1: @billfumick $AMZN Good move. Best of luck to us both.
- Greendayguy: @billfumick $AMZN I agree, the short term direction is appears to be up, but I've seen stocks take a hit for a day or two before they resume their direction. I was in and out twice successfully in the last two days. I will be checking it tomorrow, and if there is an opportunity, I'l be getting in for a short term day trade.
- sierramp: $AMZN bounce off VWAP30.
- Kristine: $AMZN - This was a nice morning to start building a position again. Using the low of yesterday (1931) as a stop.
- DAN: $AMZN -- if AMZN closes above $1973, it'll have completed a bullish engulfing pattern right off the 20-day moving average...and will be a big buy signal. I am long calls and short puts.
- Robert1965: @DAN $AMZN I was also looking at short puts NOV 1500, any thoughts
- DAN: @Robert1965 $AMZN Well that's a winner. AMZN won't be at $1500 for quite a while. But you could sell the 1600 put for twice as much and the probabilities of OTM expiry are almost the same.
- Robert1965: @DAN $AMZN thanks
- Bob E: @DAN $AMZN I don't trade options, is there a reason not to buy RHRN?
- traderbren: @DAN $AMZN - here we go!
- Greendayguy: In and out of $AMZN twice today, decent profits both times. It moved up again, but I was getting ready for golf! NPs left, so no risk of loss at tomorrow's open. There's opportunities every day somewhere to make $$.
- Wykeman: $AMZN pullback looks done.
- woodman: Nice bounce in most of the #FAAMNG stocks. (M for Microsoft, which I own. :-) $F $AMZN $AAPL $MSFT $NFLX $GOOGL #FAANG
- scottrades: Great call on $AMZN @Dan! What a Goat.
- Brian_M: $BABA kind of surprised this isn't trading lower premarket. If Bezos left $AMZN I have to imagine the stock would drop a lot more than 1.5%.
- Wykeman: $AMZN upgrade to 2300
- grcjr: @Wykeman $AMZN ... upgrade by Wells Fargo. Forecasts $AMZN will become the top US apparel seller. Was second largest in 2017 behind $WMT. Down a bit at this time. Looks to be testing support at the 20dma.
- billfumick: Today's $AMZN action didn't look like the "coiled spring" 3 day rule bounce that I was hoping for BUT was tradeable non the less.... I'll be hoping for lower prices and the opportunity to pounce.... Have a good weekend!
- Cheezit: @billfumick $AMZN Yup same here. I started buying in late spring. I was sick of watching it go up without me. Now i just beat myself up over where to add to a winning position. I like this problem better..
- billfumick: Hoping for a Fitzpatrick 3 day rule here $AMZN
- BocaRick: $AMZN below 1950
- TopCat1000: @Dan, I seen your afternoon thoughts on $AMZN, Yes I took profits on $AMZN and $GOOGL this morning, 17.59% and 16.37% respectively. It looks like social media and Technology are struggling a bit over the last few days, money appears to be rotating out of these sectors for the short term. I also unloaded $TWTR today for a small loss 3.5%. In my trading account my biggest position is cash, 60%. I think I'll step back and let September pass on by, plus I'll be out next week going to Santa Fe
- DAN: @TopCat1000 $AMZN $GOOGL $TWTR Great job, TopCat1000. Good job taking profits. You never really make money until you actually close the position. And since you're out next week, why screw around with stocks. All of them will be here when you get back.
$AMZN – pattern is that it rebounds off 20-day moving average. Support is at $1950.
$XRT – resting. Many retail stocks have run their course for now.
$WDFC – just strong. Continues to work.
$COST – same pattern. Just use ...
- DAN: $QQQ $AMZN $AAPL -- the leading tech stocks, and the Nasdaq, are taking a deep breath today. 8-)
- DAN: A lot of our growth stocks are retreating today. Acknowledging my comments this morning about allowing your stocks to 'breathe', I'll remind you that it's important to protect your profits, and to maintain your stops. The location of your stops is ...
- shoredriver: @DAN $CGC $TLRY $F $FB $AMZN $AGN Looks like one of your "shots across the bow" to me
- DAN: $AMZN -- ok, so Amazon peaked yesterday rather than Friday. Still pretty darned good for Fibonacci. 8-)
- Max115: @Dan $AMZN Would you nibble here or wait to see if it gets to the 20 MA
- DAN: @Max115 $AMZN I wouldn't. I think the best thing to do today is something else other than buying. The market needs a breather. Risk is a bit too high for me.
- Greendayguy: @DAN $AMZN Agree Dan, I'm out. Wait for better targets.
- Max115: @DAN $AMZN Thanks Dan, Maybe I'll go breathe a little
- michaelH: @Max115 $AMZN After taking profits in most of my position at the open, Ive got staggered good to cancel orders in to buy at $1827, and $1728! Will probably add another at $1900 or so.
COTD – $AMZN needs a LOT of rest. Can fall much farther than 1990. $1926 is the middle BBand. Alert $1930
$SPX – this is the breather we’ve been wanting. Not much of one (except for Naz). Look at late July. Same thing. Sept i ...
- Wykeman: $AMZN NH in the premarket..
- Kristine: @Wykeman $AMZN - 8 weeks until earnings and likely to be 1T by then....maybe even this week :) I think $2050 would get it there.
- debeers: $AMZN-unveils new Hindi website to battle Flipkart in India.
- otnancy: $AMZN - Purchased Jan, 18 $1900 calls Aug 15, now up 69%. Purchased Jan, 18 $1980 8/27, now up 48%.
- otnancy: $AMZN stock purchased same time only up 7.5%. Just like Dan said!
- WWWilly: $ROKU looks like the big boys not worried about $AMZN , NP
- DAN: $AMZN -- breaking out on 15 minute chart.
- Kristine: $AMZN - $2050!!!! Not sure of the exact number needed for 1 Trillion but it's close enough ;)
- grcjr: @Kristine $AMZN $2050.27 - I expect it to touch that number and then the question is whether the urge to take profits will out weigh the urge to buy more.
- DAN: $AMZN -- I am out of all my positions on AMZN. $2050 is (I think) the $1 trillion mark. Seems like a bit of a magnet, and there's not much upside from here. (I'm not calling a top in AMZN...I'm just protecting my profits, and my account balance. The stock peaks when it peaks. Period.)
- Wolf: $AMZN Right when the news feed came out that $AMZN had topped 1T, it dropped 10 points.
- Kristine: @grcjr $AMZN - Seems that was a sell signal but nice to see that valuation hit.
- GOOSE: $AMZN Hits 1 trillion market cap milestone.
- rck89: $AMZN $NKE STC $AMZN Sep 1985 calls @84.30...BTO @57.1. Sold about half my position...let's see what happens next! $NKE Bought small positions. This too will pass (i.e., ad campaign).
- GOOSE: Repeating: $AMZN Hits 1 trillion market cap milestone.
- mikeo561: @rck89 $AMZN $NKE -- good call on $AMZN @rck89. Congrats!
6. $AMZN – Hit $2050 and rolled. Be bullish...but don’t be stupid.
7. $TLRY – pure momentum. The intraday trading is not difficult. But the gaps are a bit scary.
8. $INSP – holding this.
9. $ABMD – Alert $417
10. $SRP ...
- sierramp: @Forexpro $FB $GOOGL $STT $XLK $XLY Good to hear you are still around, thank you for replying. I'm not in $FB or $GOOGL but I do have a little $AAPL and full position in $AMZN. I don't know whether they will be affected by the changes but I will see what I can learn about it. I appreciate this information. Hope to see you back in the forum on a regular basis when your other obligations allow. Take care.
COTD: $AMZN – trading top. Lower high on Friday, though still strong trend. Below average volume. Fib TZ marks a probable trading top. Take profits here, don’t short. Don’t ever short $AMZN.
$SPX – Great month. ...
- Wolf: $AMZN Opened 8/31 1995/1985 BePS looking for profit taking @ 2000. Hopefully will leg out on dip and bounce. Small position.
- DAN: $AMZN -- $2015 is R1. Looking for at least some supply here. But not much is slowing this stock down.
- traderbren: @DAN $AMZN - looks like it wants to make a run to the $1T marker of $2050ish. I sold my Calls this morning on the move above and felt smart for a moment as it pulled back below $2,000. ..but still happy to bank the dough.
- RedLeaf1: $AMZN $2025 yikes
- DAN: @traderbren $AMZN Good money! You never get out at the top! Nice job, traderbren.
- DAN: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN Looking for $2030 today. Serious buying today...serious buying.
- RedLeaf1: @DAN $AMZN Thanks, that helps!
- DAN: $AMZN -- given the time of day (11 am ET), I'd suggest being careful with AMZN as a day/swing trade. I've been riding this up via trailing stops, but the stock is up 20 bucks. I'm just not looking for more today. I've lightened up a lot.
- Mariojgg: @DAN $AMZN What about a long position? Is good to buy, or wait?
- judysteiner: $AMZN Sold most in my short term acct as well
- DAN: @judysteiner $AMZN Good trade, judy. Not going to get out at the top.... 8-)
- sierramp: I am not as adept at day trading as most in this forum but I'm still happy with my $AMZN buys on 7-2 and 8-1, up 16%. I expect a pull back to the VWAP30 at some point.
- DAN: @Mariojgg $AMZN Can't say, Mariojgg, because I don't know what your idea of "long position" is. I think the stock is ultimately going higher, but I can't say that it won't revisit 2000 at some point. So you've just got to decide whether you're truly able to just buy it and hold it even if it pulls back. I have some long term calls on AMZN, and I've really done nothing with them. I'll accept that they'll likely fall in price when the stock pulls back, but they are intended to be held through the dips, which I consider to be healthy. Personally, I would not buy AMZN today in any timeframe. It's gone too far, too fast. Just my opinion, not a prediction. --Dan
- Robert1965: @DAN $AMZN are trading stock or options
- Mariojgg: @DAN $AMZN , Good points!! I was thinking on stocks,
- cmaxwel1: $AMZN sold 1/2
- DAN: @Robert1965 $AMZN AMZN -- always options. If you look at the % moves that the stock makes, it rarely moves a lot. But if you consider the $$ it moves, it's a big mover. Timing is everything in AMZN options (always calls; never puts). And it requi ...
- DAN: $AMZN -- notice that AMZN is now just $15 bucks below Morgan Stanley's 1-year price target that they put out last week. That's a big move in a short period of time. Be aware that such a big move could prompt other ratings changes, which could be either way. No predictions -- just something I thought I'd mention.
- Wolf: $AMZN Stands to reason if it went up 25, it could go down 25 to 1975.
- champ: @baronp0329 $VXX $UVXY ---- I took profits on both....because with $VXX, you have to commit.... because it can really chop you up, with all the zig-zags.....$UVXY not so much..it is easier. I was watching $AAPL and $AMZN....these help a little for direction.
- baronp0329: @champ $VXX $UVXY $AAPL $AMZN Closed all UVXY for almost even (loss of 0.05). Didn't have a good entry. Good you made some profit on VXX and UVXY.
- champ: @baronp0329 $VXX $UVXY $AAPL $AMZN ---- Uncertainty is never positive for the markets....need to build a buy-list, like $CQQQ, when the time is right and you know all the others.
- Wykeman: $AMZN popping..close to 1 trillion. Should be passing $AAPL soon.
- Robert1965: $AMZN $ROKU $AMZN up in PM ATH, $ROKU down heard $AMZN to compete with them, didn't get full story
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $AMZN $ROKU I will be monitoring the depth of the pullback and look to add to a long term hold. I would expect to see a bounce in the $56 - $60 area. Even before the news, I was expecting a healthy little pullback before the next leg up. Right now I view the news as an excuse to sell and an opportunity. Remember , not too long ago the death knell for retail was sounded and $AMZN was giving the eulogy. IMHO
- DAN: @Wykeman $AMZN $AAPL Love Apple products, though I'm still a PC guy (I don't find Macs intuitive at all, which is my problem, not the millions of happy Mac users who DO find everything intuitive). But I've gotta think that it's only a matter of time ...
- BocaRick: $ROKU down 4 on news $AMZN offering free movie app? AMZN up 20
- Henry: $MS raises the pt on $AMZN to 2500 and is also bullish on $GOOGL it's pt $1515
- bnnybklyn: @bRobert $AMZN $ROKU now down 6.5% Amazon hasn’t gone the same route as Roku with being the OS for the TV, I am struggling to understand if this is Amazons move. If it’s just using a fire tv (cube) to stream tv and shows ad supported but ROku still tries to be the leader in OS for the TV this may not be a huge a hit. The TCL TVs are the top sellers. All come with ROKU. Do the tv manufacturers want to work with AMZN if this is the play...lots to sort out...
- Wykeman: $AMZN this is going higher. It will pass $AAPL in valuation soon.
grcjr: $AMZN $NFLX $ROKU - $AMZN announced a new product that might affect $NFLX and $ROKU. Will need to wait and see.
Aug 28 (Reuters) - Amazon.com(AMZN) plans to launch an advertising-supported video service for users of its Fire TV streaming devices, ne ...
- Kristine: @Wykeman $AMZN $AAPL - At this rate might even be there before 3Q. Already up over $50 in 3 days :)
- Wykeman: @Kristine $AMZN $AAPL 2000..like a moth to a light.
- Kristine: $AMZN - $1976 !!!!!!!!!
- Greendayguy: @Kristine $AMZN I love it!
- Kristine: @Greendayguy $AMZN - Hope my boss isn't a member here 'cause I'm playing hooky today ;) Maybe I'll do some shopping on Amazon.com
- DAN: I just sent out a note on Facebook to our Option Market Mentor members because we have a trade on Facebook that's basically been nowhere. Not losing money, but not making money either. So I thought I'd send this note out to everyone because I think ...
- DAN: $AMZN -- is there anybody who doesn't think AMZN is going to hit $2,000...today? Or that $TSLA is not going to test $300 today? --Dan
- traderbren: @DAN $AMZN $TSLA - yep, I agree. Looks like its in the cards.
- jan2138: @Kristine $AMZN I'm telling on you=:+))
- RedLeaf1: $AMZN ripping toward $2,000
- stairm01: $AMZN If it gets to 2000 or is near it going into the close, will there be a big sell off with profit taking after this big day? I'm looking to pull the trigger on this weeks puts for a short trade if it does.
|Stock Price||$USD 1,591.91|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 31st, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 22.58 16.79%
- $USD 103.95 16.58%
- $USD 55.05 14.31%
- $USD 33.08 -53.18%
- $USD 14.13 -47.10%
- $USD 5.55 -45.41%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 59,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (59,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!