Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD)
Old Forum Content for AMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- debeers: $HD vs $LOW-There's no place like HOME. Lowe's missed. HD didn't. Would i buy either one now? Nope. We are entitled to 2 more rather large reversals--1 when the largest votes are counted in the primaries and one at election time. Meanwhile, in my opinion, start peeking (peeking is different than buying) art the divvies of as closeto 4% as you can get. You want the p/e as close to 18x as you can get--maybe a skosh higher for the semis but NOT a lot. I am going to see if i can get $AMD as close to 40 as i can, for example. Just sayin' . I'll get back to you after the Moderna call or you could listen to one. I mean if you are up already..........................
- debeers: $NVDA/$MU/$AMD--all the biggies now officiallhy in correction. NP in any. Waiting is hard but waiting is smart.
- Henry: $AMD daytrade, long
- agiaccag: @dan, $msft, $qld, $amd, - got filled near the bottom but my Fidelity Active trader did not update for at least 90sec before I actually find out if I got filled. I'm glad I saw Dan's note about the risk of putting in multiple duplicate trades. I just sat patiently. thannks Dan
- DAN: @agiaccag $msft $qld $amd 8-) Nice job!!
- lanedra: @Henry $AMD sold the 48 put for 1.03 expiring this Friday, Feb 28. Can you show me how to write that in trader language? LOL
- woodman: $MSFT $AMD - bounces off 50 day.
- issues: @woodman $MSFT $AMD Did you buy anything?
- woodman: @issues $MSFT $AMD - As to these two, I bought $MSFT today. I lifted my stop on $AMD before the open and have held it.
- woodman: @issues $MSFT $AMD - $MSFT and $ABUS were my only purchases today. I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings.
- snowbound: #Market Everyone's trigger finger twitched at the same time .... time for more coffee . $NVDA $AMD -4% reaction , both somewhat elevated and vulnerable . The set-up on $MU ( -3% move , now regaining ) looks much more risk-controlled with support nearby at the 8DEMA , the 20 and the 50DSMA = 55.13 . I took my $AMD gains off earlier into weakness and am awaiting an entry-add on $MU . Its been the canary in the coalmine chip during the "trade dispute" so its clearly not immune to the virus . We say , of course the Fed must ease .... its a no brainer .
- captron: $AMD - Whats not to like. Climbing up the top of the BB's. Good employee.
over 100%: $INFFY, $POWI, $NVDA, $MRVL, $LSCC, and $AMD
70-90%: $SMH, $CRUS, $QRVO, $ADI, and $INTC
40-70%: $QCOM, $SOXX, $ON, ,$XLNX, $SWKS, $NXPI, $TSM, and $MXIM
As for $SWKS, I've been a long-term holder (as most in the forum know, but all i ...
- CraigReynolds: @DrScience $SWKS $INFFY $POWI $NVDA $MRVL $LSCC $AMD $SMH $CRUS $QRVO $ADI $INTC $QCOM $SOXX $ON $XLNX $NXPI $TSM $MXIM Nice post with reason & helps. Thanks
- Wykeman: $AMD ripping. Long from below. Upgrade
- Ajax4Hire: @teacher5 $TSM $TSM - TSMC Taiwan Semiconductor is a primary IC vendor for many of the familiar "semiconductor" names, for example: $AMD, $NVDA, $AVGO, $AAPL The Business model is called "foundry-less", for example, $AAPL, designs their ICs but then uses $TSM to manufacture. Different from $INTC, $MU, $SNE, $TXN; who design and build their own ICs. Software runs on hardware and hardware is built with ICs(Integrated Circuits). $TSM, and Taiwan lives in the shadow of mainland China and is partially tied to the Chinese economy(as we all are).
- Wykeman: $AMD still going looks like 60 soon enough. Big volume. Long
- teacher5: @Ajax4Hire $TSM $AMD $NVDA $AVGO $AAPL $INTC $MU $SNE $TXN Thanks. I’m new to this and am wondering which semiconductor to buy and when. Is this a good one ?
- snowbound: $MU Breaking upper trend line on the DAILY chart . Uplifting averages , stacked w 8EMA cross > 20 DSMA , both becoming close-term support . Heavy China exposure is making this a laggard compared to $AMD and $NVDA . They're all chips to me and I'll leave it to the experts to point out the differences. I feel the $MU engine warming up under the hood of Chinese government support . http://tos.mx/SbEsKXM Thanks Rah
- scottrades: $AMD right at resistance.
- woodman: @champ $SPY $AMZN $NVDA - $AMD having a nice day. I bought this after it reported on the further pullback that started as it rolled into its report. It appears to have resumed the uptrend, though now nearing its all time high reached before the report.
- champ: @woodman $SPY $AMZN $NVDA ------ $AMD, really strong, News today, could be a nice play off of $NVDA, also, watching both,...I'm holding $NVDA, for the ER move..... #Thanks for the heads up.
- sniper: @woodman $SPY $AMZN $NVDA $AMD thanks
- Robert1965: $AMD some today at 47.57 hasn't broken above 48.00 the trade looks like it it not going anywhere, opinions please
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $AMD WEEKLY target $52+ acquired EXTENDED and susceptible to pullback EASY money made $SMH breakdown
- jr3345: @Robert1965 $AMD --you can sell now for breakeven rather than hold over weekend
When a big IC maker($AMD,$AVGO,$INTC,$NVDA) creates a new "big" IC,
several Reference-Designs are also created.
Hardware Engineer uses the RefDesign to create a company product,
make changes to reduce cost, add features, improve on Referen ...
- traderbren: $AMD - providing a low risk entry here.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD BTO STOCK @47.37 & 47.95 $AMD STO 2/7/20 48.5 CALLS @1.00
- woodman: $AMD - Picked some up today. Strong into the close.
- Motorman: @woodman $AMD Yes, and thanks for post on $CYRX. Have a position and will add if it hold tomorrow. Did not see any news.
DAN: Good morning. Futures are pointing to a higher open today, but you've got to be careful. Here's why:
1. Apple ($AAPL) reported strong earnings and revenues last night, and also guided higher. The stock is up at a new all-time high...but just bar ...
- GOOSE: TRADES: Late reporting. Got beaten up with $ I yesterday, blind sided by congress. Dems da brakes. ;>) $ I STO 2/7/20 4.5 CALLS @.45 @4.15 now. $PINS BTO STOCK @22.58 $PINS STO 1/31/20 23.0 CALLS @.25 $AMD STO 1/31/20 CALLS @.50
- infocus: @GOOSE $PINS $AMD Following you on this one ;>) $PINS STO 1/31/20 23.0 CALLS @.25 $PINS BTO STOCK @22.71
- grcjr: $AMD earning summary from Earnings Whisper Adv Micro Devices (AMD) reported 4th Quarter December 2019 earnings of $0.32 per share on revenue of $2.1 billion. The consensus earnings estimate was $0.31 per share on revenue of $2.1 billion. The Earnings Whisper number was $0.32 per share. Revenue grew 49.9% on a year-over-year basis. The company said it expects first quarter revenue of $1.75 billion to $1.85 billion. The current consensus revenue estimate is $1.86 billion for the quarter ending March 31, 2020.
- DrScience: @justinm89 If you use #TOS, the MMM (Market Maker Move) is published on most tickers at the top of the All Products tab. Otherwise, add the price of ATM Calls and Puts (an ATM Straddle) for a good approximation. For example, $AMD has a MMM of +/-3.953 and the ATM Straddle is priced at 4.50ish for Friday's expiration.
- justinm89: @DrScience $AMD #TOS Thanks!
- snowbound: $AMD Earnings after today's market close . Holding partial with 20DSMA = 49.05 as near-term support . Adding on bloopers .
- debeers: $AAPL-of Miss Gwen's eye beat numbers and Guided up.Long $AMD/$EBAY/$SBUX-down. Either a miss or forward guide disappoint.NP
- sniper: @bRobert $SOXL $SMH $AMD thank you
- snowbound: $AMD Taking partials . Everything looks fine on the DAILY but WEEKLY looking bearish at a time when all the heads are talking about high flying chips . Its extended .
Another approach would be have been to pick a high beta Chip at a good buy point and ride the wave I rented $AMD 66% move from OCT breakout A little bit more with call options
- spmeyers: @bRobert $SOXL $SMH $AMD $LSCC has pretty good setup
- Auto: $KBH $AMD $COST $BYND working 8>)
- Auto: $AMD $CWH $MGM $KBH $KSS continues north added
- kbrowe: @Auto $AMD A long time hold for me. It broke above $50 resistance again, and looking to see it close above that level and go much higher levels. Based on their product line announcements, I think they will finally take share from $INTL in 2020 in a big way.
- Auto: @kbrowe $AMD $INTL yes I'm long $AMD each measured move it makes on the daily is $10 all good 8>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Rolled out and slightly up. $AMD BTC 1/17/20 50.0 CALLS @1.00 STO 1.31 $AMD STO 1/24/20 52.0 CALLS @.55 +2 STRIKES Earnings 1/28
- 1winkie: $AMD $INTC $NVDA $QCOM - Chips are strong - added to $QCOM
- Henry: $AMD a new hi
- grcjr: $AMD - New all time high. Check out a multiyear weekly chart. Long term hold and short term swing trade. Cramer pumped it a bit this morning but the stock was already up at that time.
- bRobert: @grcjr $AMD Just to point out This stock has had a WEEKLY $54 target since Oct trigger Long term hold High beta along with $MU
- scottrades: $AMD Holding up at the 8EMA.
- scottrades: @sniper $qrvo Semi's have been notably weak. I think they do need some sideways consolidation. $AMD for example was upgraded yesterday and sold off. A Cheat entry would really be a small position here with a stop at the Low Of The Week. I don't see any rush to start a position here.
- GOOSE: Weekly Expirations: $RAD 1/10/20 13.0 CALLS $LK 1/10/20 40.0 CALLS $AMD 1/10/20 48.0 PUTS $ I " " 7.0 PUTS $ I 1/10/20 7.5 PUTS $ I " " 8.0 CALLS $AMRN 1/10/20 22.0 CALLS $STNE " " 39.0 CALLS STOCK CALLED $NTNX " " 33.0 CALLS STOCK CALLED
- bRobert: @scottrades $qrvo $AMD $SMH bearish RSI divergence Small double top may come in a bit closer to 50d like in DEC
- sniper: @scottrades $qrvo $AMD thanks
- sniper: @bRobert $qrvo $AMD $SMH thanks
- scottrades: $AMD Holding the gap.
- snowbound: $MU WEEKLY chart upper trend line pts 07.22 / 09.09 / 12.16 . Struggling at BO level here after upgrade run . Expecting consolidation as $AMD shines .
- scottrades: @SteveD I'm seeing some of that. Was surprised to see $AMD break down like it did.
- SteveD: @scottrades $AMD All the green weeks on the weekly are nuts - I missed that big move, just trading it here and there. Nice move from that $40 area pause.
- scottrades: @SteveD $AMD True, I guess it has run 70%...lol
- scottrades: $AMD Red to Green.
- snowbound: $NVDA Started a new position today . WEEKLY flag with trigger , P-action also tested 8EMA area . DAILY candle riding above 8EMA and consolidating with sector . Today $AMD was playing red-light / green-light ( after two down days ) tested 8EMA support and formed a spinner . Bullish thesis is the starter blocks are primed and awaiting a short-term catalyst . Trading pivots better left un-traded is becoming a ( bad ?) habit but I am getting comfortable with ins-and-outs as a larger template for risk management . Entries are plentiful the trend is positive which is a favorite time to practice in the deep end for this snowbie .
- debeers: $AMD-Lisa Su will be opening the CES at 2pm Pacific today-Opening address.
- Margi1983: $AMD.. Resting or is it time to take profits? I am up 14% in just 3 weeks.
- bRobert: @Margi1983 $AMD I think it has more upside $52+ .flag target but it is extended . Partial profits never a bad idea . Keep rest with trailing stop just below flag . Buy in scales . Sell in scales
- Margi1983: @bRobert $AMD Thanks for the great advice!
- kbrowe: @Margi1983 $AMD Lisa Su, AMD CEO, will be delivering the opening speech at CES later today, and possibly announcing new products in their so-far successful roadmap. Something to consider...
- bRobert: @kbrowe $AMD Partial profits with a trailing stop on rest allow you to continue to participate in any further upside with decreased risk .
- snowbound: $NVDA WEEKLY flag solid uptrend off W bottom . R1 level at pivot-down inflection point 50SMA (weekly) 10.15.2018 . Early set-up . DAILY strong resistance ATH 240- level . Three successive days lower lows , lower highs with signs of support 20SMA . Bottom line … I see more weakness-consolidation in $MU , consolidation $NVDA and after some minor chutes and ladders $AMD is going to shine as Investors embrace Lisa Su . The others will closely follow with $MU trailing . Otto BTO stock Lmt 230.18 for re-entry after successful run . These Ottos have been working for me in this space with well-defined R/S levels during trade talk volatility ( fingers-crossed ) .
- debeers: @Margi1983 $AMD -you didn't ask me but so many ways for this one to win that whenever there is as schmeiss in progress, i add.
Ajax4Hire: @kbrowe $AMD
In the past few years,
CES has been a big showcase for automotive innovation
(Auto companies using CES instead of Detroit Auto Show for big announcements)
$GM was a originally scheduled to provide
a lion share of key-note addresses as w ...
- debeers: @DAN $SPX $DJI $MDY $IWM $QQQ $IGV $DT $CRM $RNG $DDOG $SY $WORK $INMD $PRFT $EL $PLMR - $CYBR had a nice move today as well as $BOOT and, although they are coming after some of the semis, Microsoft has now replaced Intel in its surface pro with $AMD and Lisa Su is the keynote speaker to open up the CES conference. FYI
- snowbound: $MU WEEKLY candle has dropped below high BB , it held as support for two candles but now in-channel upper BB resisting . Looking at previous wedge and BO it’s easy to picture the same type of consolidation while averages catch-up , presumably w ...
- champ: $AMD @ $49.27, back at yesterdays high, they will be at a Conference on Monday 1/6, take a look, could continue this move on Monday.
- debeers: $BOOT-Craig Hallum raises target to 53 from 47-LONG $AMD-CEO giving the opening address at the CES on 1/6LONG
- champ: $AMD....HOD...looks positive.
- debeers: @champ $AMD -The silicon valley guys will be invading Las Vegas and the casinos are dreading them. The ;local joke has always been that they arrive with 10 bucks and 1 shirt and don't change either one. LOL but $AMD will be the biggest beneficiary in my opinion.
- debeers: $AAPL$AMD$BOOT$CMC$CPRT (until earnings then move the $$$$ to $LKQ/$DIOD/$GNRC$NUGT$SEDG-This is about 80% of it.LONG
- Spotdog: @debeers $AAPL $AMD $BOOT $CMC $CPRT $LKQ $DIOD $GNRC $NUGT $SEDG Added to $AMD this morning
- bRobert: $GTLS Tremendous spec 40% move off bottom $90 Weekly reversal target 1 $78+ flag target CHEAP growth Bargain Take advantage of pb/bounces $CC $20/$25 $KRO WEEKLY reversal $20 with reversal trigger > $15 neckline $HUN consolidation All paint a pretty picture $AMD flag trigger $52 target in play Long from well below trailing stops $MU $62 WEEKLY W Close to daily flag trigger My High beta chips . Look for dips/bounces
- baronp0329: $AMD up 6.66%...very extended. Maybe time for some Puts! haha. NP in trading accounts. already took day trade profits on Jan Calls.
- champ: $AMD, moving because of New products launches....and $AAPL..moved thur $300.00 for the first time ever.
- woodman: @champ $AMD $AAPL AMD, nice one.
- debeers: $SEDG-You want an edge? get $SEDG up another 7%. $BOOT-Still Bootscootin'---[picking up where it left off and last year it left off up 151%. Given that they intend to double their stores, would be lovely even to be up 100% from here. $AMD- The winner winner chicken dinner and still the champeen!
- debeers: @Spotdog $AAPL $AMD $BOOT $CMC $CPRT $LKQ $DIOD $GNRC $NUGT $SEDG -Yay us!
- baronp0329: @debeers $SEDG $BOOT $AMD So when did you work for a Marketing / Advertising firm? You sure do have a way with words! haha. I enjoy your informative and creative posts.
- scottrades: My notes for today: $SPY Dart Throwing Day! $QQQ Look at that volume. It’s a beautiful thing. $GDX Holding above 29. $STNE Monster move today. @Dan bought some of this on his trip. $UBER Bought back today. Don’t let your ego rule over price. $AMD Buying this tomorrow is aggressive. Wait for a PB $TRU @Dan sent me this one today. Popping out of a Squeeze $SBUX Got a caffeine Jolt today. Back in play $JBL Small base, support at LOD $FCN Top watch for tomorow $KWEB - Look for this on a pullback. $LMT A move above a base on volume. $HON a #NYE-Request that had a nice move today. $TJX Moving out of a squeeze $FFTY I added today $FSLY Got an upgrade today. Held the gap. COTD: 2 Oil and Gas Stocks to consider: $XOM and $VNOM
- Brice: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GDX $STNE $UBER $AMD $TRU $SBUX $JBL $FCN $KWEB $LMT $HON $TJX $FFTY $FSLY $XOM $VNOM #NYE-Request Great video! Appreciated the sharing of your thought process/how you approached and executed this trade! Sure not yammering.
- Brice: @Brice $SPY $QQQ $GDX $STNE $UBER $AMD $TRU $SBUX $JBL $FCN $KWEB $LMT $HON $TJX $FFTY $FSLY $XOM $VNOM #NYE-Request The $UBER trade that is.
- Henry: $AMD 1/4 mil shares traded already, down a few cents. From the Fly Rosenblatt analyst Hans Mosesmann noted that AMD shares are up nearly 147% year-to-date but he views 2020 as a year in which the company will continue its early momentum in CPU share gains and he sees "limited competitive threats slowing the momentum" for the upcoming new 7nm mobile Ryzen chip. Given that he sees a strong back half of 2020 coming on the early ramp of new game consoles from both Microsoft (MSFT) and Sony (SNE), Mosesmann believes AMD is poised for multiple expansion, leading him to raise his price target on the shares to $65 from $52. He maintains a Buy rating on AMD. Long stock
- Henry: $AMD up 1% on the upgrade, long stock
- debeers: $AMD-The story is far from over here. it could take a breather from time to time but those who bet against this one got burned and they will continue getting singed long term and here's why: MD's recent CPU and GPU offerings have been more competitive with Intel and Nvidia's products, respectively, and will be on TSMC's 7-nanometer process technology in 2019. AMD's GPUs are highly sought after in cryptocurrency mining. Should blockchain technology take off, AMD could be well positioned to take advantage. AMD has its sights set on Intel's dominant server CPU market share, and its EPYC server chips have proved to be comparable with certain Intel chips in some benchmark tests. Lastly, the CEO cannot be underestimated because those that have in the past have been sorely mistaken.
- sniper: @Henry $AMD thanks
- debeers: @Henry $AMD -From your mouth, H! By the way, have the best New Year!
- Henry: @debeers $AMD And to you too Debeers and all my forum friends
- snowbound: $AMD $BX $MA $MSFT $RGEN $LULU $BOOT $GTLS $CMG . Risk-Reduced positioning since last Friday working well . $MU . Inside day and up but 8EMA earlier support now resistance . DAILY H & S working on right shoulder , short term bearish resolution would yield an entry or add . Partial WEEKLY candle signals bullish hammer . $AMD . PBs have been brief and shallow but well extended on both the DAILY and WEEKLY charts with 8EMA DAILY as "tentative" support . $MU $AMD , short term weakness in one has correlated (informally) with strength in the other but they've both been working and we'll throw $NVDA in for a sweet-chip trifecta ! Best and brightest hopes for 2020 to all of you special folks .... and especially ( I cannot fail to pay homage ) to the hardest workin' man in show business , Dr. b . Gratitude to all, Will
- Margi1983: Hold Many Yieldhogs and Long trades in $AMD $DAVA $DT $GLD $ISRG $KL $MRVL $PXD $RGEN $SAGE $SILK $T $TER $V $AAPL $EDIT $GNRC $XOP $AXSM... Thanks to all in the Forum. It is truly a remarkable place and a wonderful educational break from the painful politics we all read about every day. Happy New Year!
|Stock Price||$USD 52.74|
Advanced Micro Devices is a semiconductor company with manufacturing, research and development, and sales and administrative facilities throughout the world. It provides processing solutions for the computing and graphics markets.Request Video of AMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 28th, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 70,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (70,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!