Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD)
Old Forum Content for AMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DAN: $AMD -- if this company wasn't reporting earnings next Tuesday, I'd be inclined to start building a position. The stock is printing a pretty tight handle. This would be a good time to start a position with a stop just below support (which is shown on the chart), and then add to it on a breakout above $30. But with earnings next week, I would be making this trade as a pre-earnings move that I'd likely exit prior to the report.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $YETI BTO STOCK @31.20 $AMD BTO STOCK @28.13 $SKX STO ITM 30.0 CALLS @.50
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD STO 4/26/19 28.0 ITM PUTS @.50 Counting on an earnings run . Also have covered 28.0 calls. Earnings next week, Wed.
- grcjr: @debeers $QCOM - $QCOM is known for selling chips, modem chips, for smart phones and other uses. For example, chips that make it possible for cellular communication such as CDMA, 3G, 4G, and 5G. Not CPUs. Not graphics processors. $AAPL makes their own ARM CPU for the iPhone and iPad. $AAPL started developing their own graphics chips over two years ago and has been using an $AAPL GPU at least since the iPhone X. Before that $AAPL has used more than one supplier of graphics chips for the iPhone and iPad. At one point $AAPL used Imagination Technologies Group for the graphics processors. For cars, $QCOM may supply modem chips but $NVDA and/or $AMD graphics chips are more likely. CPUs could be $AMD, $INTC, or a custom ARM chip. The $AAPL ARM cpu might be a real winner for auto CPUs and GPUs.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD STO 5/3/19 28.0 CALLS @1.62 Trading around a stock position.
- GOOSE: $AMD @bRobert If you are referring to my $AMD puts, the stock was put to me, so I had a bunch of stock, which I wrote some CALLS against this morning, expiring Thursday. Sorry, just saw your post. Have a great day.
- Robert1965: @GOOSE $AMD did you get the stock put or did you exit the trade
- GOOSE: #Point & Figure Chart Yesterday $NVTA double top at 26.0, giving a buy signal. $AMD is on a buy signal too., when it hit 29.0
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD 4/12/19 STO 28.0 ITM PUTS @.45 Want to own the stock a little cheaper. Expires tomorrow.
- Henry: $AMD Sold 2/3 of my AMD when it started to fill the gap yesterday. It's a stock that when it is trending up, it doesn't have big pullbacks. I'm going to be patient and wait for more of a pullback.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD BTO STOCK @28.0
- Henry: $AMD stop hit Is it going to fill the gap or hold at the 8ema?
- GOOSE: TRADES: $AMD STO 4/12/19 29.0 CALLS @.52 $SYNA STO 4/12/19 38.5 CALLS @.45
- beachreader: @GOOSE $AMD $SYNA .. sorry @GOOSE so you sold those calls? thx
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD STO 4/12/19 29.50 NTM CALL @.59 We'll see if it works this week..
- bRobert: @gwenzee $NVDA $NVDA . $XLNX $INTC . $AVGO . All solid investments . $QCOM . nice base in place . 5G . modems. $AMD $36+ .
- gwenzee: @bRobert $NVDA $XLNX $INTC $AVGO $QCOM $AMD I am holding NVDA and XLNX. Sold INTC many, many moons ago. If memory serves me INTC and MSFT split their stock several times when I owned them. As with all things, it caught up with them.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD BTC 4/5/19 30.5 CALLS @.03
- Robert1965: @GOOSE $AMD Nice
- beachreader: its $AMD morning...good morning
- bsafriet: $WDC $AMD $INTC $LRCX $AMAT $IPGP All moving extremely well this morning. Long $WDC, $AMD, $INTC, looking to be there for the other three.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: NTM $AMD STO 3/5/19 30.5 CALLS NTM @.46 EDITED: STRIKE 30.5 not 31.5
- bsafriet: @GOOSE $AMD NTM??? Please elaborate. Best wishes!
- rah: @bsafriet $AMD NTM = near the money. A reference to the strike price of the option; chosen as being near the current price of the stock.
- bsafriet: @rah $AMD thanks! Have never used that acronym. New addition to my vocabulary! Best wishes!
- rah: @bsafriet $AMD - I am also believing GOOSE needs to flip his calendar as it is now April (not March) - HONK HONK!!
- rah: @rah $AMD - not a bad little trade. At the moment the option he sold is now worth $0.19 - 0.2. A profit of 60%, in less then an hour !
- Cokeman1959: $AMD - Blow off top?
- Reif99: @Cokeman1959 $AMD 29 still holding ...
- beachreader: $AMD and semi taking out highs
- spmeyers: $AMD 20-day is good support; will watch that
- Cokeman1959: $AMD - Needs to hold right around this level, or the breakout will be a fakeout
- beachreader: @Cokeman1959 $AMD ..$26 level...is that what you mean?
- Cokeman1959: @beachreader $AMD I’ m looking at closer to the $25 level which has been reistance twice snce early Feb. looking at a daily chart.
- Robert1965: $MU $AMD $LRCX, anyone looking to short after run up,
- steve71: @Robert1965 $MU $AMD $LRCX Not those. Any whiff of a China deal and semis will fly. But I did start a short in $KBE yesterday as a partial hedge. Hard to see a catalyst for banks anytime soon.
- beachreader: @grcjr $AMD what do you think today?
- bRobert: $AMD . target . $34 . 25% upside . $SOXL . target . $210 . 50% upside
- grcjr: $AMD continues to climb at the open. Running up the upper BB. How much longer? Might be time to take some profits.
- phgruver: @grcjr $AMD Chips are showing strength in a weak market. That merits caution! Chips won't keep going up if the market rolls over. I'm long $SMH, but trading around it with options. Right now, that' s about all that's making money.
- grcjr: @phgruver $AMD $SMH - I took half off the table.
- grcjr: @grcjr $AMD - now a bit below yesterday's close. I may trim the second half of my position.
- grcjr: $AMD nice move
- Cokeman1959: @grcjr $AMD the move is on volume too
- grcjr: $AMD up with volume today on news they were chosen for "New Generation Gaming Platform, Google StadiaCloud-optimized AMD datacenter GPUs and ...." I have not seen any $$ estimates (size of contracts), profit impact, etc.
- beachreader: @mopick $AMD $INTC , street increase px target on $INTC from 55 to 65 this morning
- scottrades: $AMD breaking out of an hourly base.
- mopick: @scottrades $AMD, am in $INTC which continues to work here.
- beachreader: $AMD looking to break resistance around $25....any one have more enlighten thoughts on $AMD? thx v much
Some ETF’s with exposure to 5G
- greenpatrol: @DrScience $AAPL $AMD $AMT $CEVA $CCI $CDNS $ERIC $GOOGL $HLIT $INTC $JNPR $KEYS $LITE $MSFT $MXIM $MXL $NATI $NOK $NVDA $OIIM $ORCL $QCOM $QRVO $SQNS $SWKS $T $TSM $TXN $VIAV $VOD $VZ $XLNX $XPER $SMH $FTXL $IYZ $XKII $XLK $XLC $XSD #Smartphone #5G #IOT Add $AKTS to that #5G list. They make the RF wafers that go in the new handsets. Many more required than for 4G.
- beachreader: $AMD looks liuke triple bottom ,,, if some can confirm? :-)
- shoredriver: @beachreader $AMD ....Wha?....
- phgruver: @beachreader $AMD You're stretching it a bit. It's just a sloppy pattern. It is up about 25% from it's recent lows, but it's still rather highly valued, based on projected earnings for the next 6 months. I like $AMD products, but I really think you can find better places to put your money.
- Henry: $AMD looking less negative on the day
- traderbren: $AMD - offering a low risk entry here...for a bounce trade or long-term hold.
- sierramp: @traderbren $AMD Great fundamentals. Abu Dhabi Investment company Mubadala dumped 34.9M shares on Tuesday. I'm not smart enough to know why but this does look like a good technical setup to me.
- traderbren: @sierramp $AMD - valid point as it could fall back to the 20d, and if broken, the 50d. Its had a steep pull back over the last 5-6 days so it could fall further, but I"m inclined to think we'll see in interest here (which may be short lived). I'm long Apr calls as of this morning.
- Robert1965: $SOXS is anyone selling short the chips or thinking about $SWKS $MU $AMD $NVDA
- spmeyers: @Robert1965 $SOXS $SWKS $MU $AMD $NVDA kinda risky unless you have short time frame
- shoredriver: $AMD....Abu Dhabi's Mabudala sells 35m shares.......
- bRobert: @shoredriver $AMD He's doing some early Christmas shopping
- phgruver: @shoredriver $AMD Average daily volume is 110M, so that shouldn't hurt too much, unless there are a lot of #CopyCat sellers. Right now, $AMD is setting up a flag pattern. If it resumes, look for about $6 upside. Today's action could be critical. I wouldn't want to see it go below $23, nor would I want to see it decline in higher volume. An increase in volume should accompany a breakout, not a break down....
- Forexpro: @beachreader $SOXX $Soxx Hi, Beachreader, Since the turn of the year, the index and its ETF have been outperforming, but results within the top names in the group, as shown in the accompanying chart, have been pretty mixed. The tickers are listed from left to right by cap weighting. $AVGO is 8.79 percent, $AMD 4.5 percent. FWIW; all the best!
Forexpro: @PTinME $amd
This isn't a stock that I follow at all closely, but I gather that relative to, say, $NVDA the company's results were "better than feared" if not "better than expected". The forward guidance seems to h ...
- PhilHarmonic: @PTinME $amd When I lose confidence in a position or when I feel uncomfortable about a position I find it best to unload the position. No one knows what the stock will do on Monday. I recently bought some for 19.90 and sold the next day at 22.07 for a 2 point gain. After I sold it went up another 2 points that same day and the next day it went up another 1.5 points. On thursday I bought the stock back for 24.31..Why? Because I believe that it will return to it previous September 2018 high. But when I previously sold it for a 2 point gain I believed otherwise. No one here can give you a guaranteed projection of the future price of this stock. You must follow Dan's mentoring and observe risk management on all your trades.
- PTinME: $amd# Is anyone selling or shorting this? The earnings report was not that great IMO but this stock seems to move beyond logic. When it was in the low 30's everyone seemed bullish. It lost half it's value and when it was trading around 17, traders were staying away. I shorted a fairly large position yesterday at 24.50 and tried to cover at just 20.40. I was hoping to use the volatility to make just ten cents. Now I'm stuck over the weekend worried this may open at 28 on Monday morning. Does anyone thing this has gone up too far after earnings? It also keeps going up. This was a dangerous trade and I should have probably just taken a small loss yesterday as my weekend would have been a bit more relaxing. Thanks all!
- PhilHarmonic: $AMD moving pre market.
- audrina0904: @tjv821 $amd - I'd take at least some of your profits off the table...that was a huge move.
- tjv821: $amd anyone have a opinion done gng up?? Afraid of giving my profits bk >( also #gdx confused a flag pattern vs topping pattern??
- PhilHarmonic: @tjv821 $amd I see a measured move to $30.00. I originally bought this for a day trade and took profits with a 2 point gain. The stock went on to gain another 3 points. I bought it back yesterday for a longer term hold. Maybe I'll get lucky.
- tjv821: @PhilHarmonic $amd ty for your response
- ginice: @tjv821 $amd #gdx When I get that gut greed feeling, I sell partials. I would put a stop just below todays low and relieve the pressure but that's just me... Trade safe
- Henry: $AMD day 2
- Kasey: @Henry $AMD Passed my 1st PT at 23.80, my next target is 25.18, (previous resistance)
- GOOSE: TRADE: $AMD BTO STOCK @23.12 Day Trade.
- woodman: $AMD out of big trading box.
- Kasey: $AMD Some advice please. Another MASSIVE move up today. I only started a small position yesterday and I thought a good plan was to wait for at least one retest somewhere before addding. However, this stock seems parabolic. Is it real? My preference is to go long with P.T's of 25 then 28, then maybe the previous high of around 33 . I dont know how to use trailing stops, so Does anyone have any advice of how to modestly choose stops along the way to execute this as a long term hold? My present stop is at $21.17. I thank you.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD Day trade BTO STOCK @24.27 STC @24.78
- Spotdog: @Kasey $AMD Not an expert either, but if you go to You Tube and search for "setting stops" there are many videos to sort through. Hope this helps a little.
- Hans_Schultz1: @Kasey $AMD I took a little of this yesterday also. Chart shows months of consolidation in a narrow range. So this could move more, but anything can happen so we must manage risk. Stops are not easy some times. have to think about your time frame ...
- Hans_Schultz1: $SRPT $AMD $CDXS $MJ $T My thanks to all of you the last couple of days! Some really great ideas and lots of interesting stuff to watch.
- bRobert: $AMD up 10% Top of range will be tested. Reversal target $27+ with bullish follow through. Not necessarily straight up
- Henry: @bRobert $AMD was higher just 3 days ago than it is premarket, with CNBC drooling all over it. With stocks moving further than I think they should, both up and down, it may not be too late to buy
- BocaRick: @Henry $AMD #CEO on #CNBC really positive going forward. NP up 10% already? Watching $SMH
- Henry: @BocaRick $AMD $SMH #CEO #CNBC TDA says 13% short
- bRobert: @Henry $AMD Agree. Buy in scales. Small entry position is fine. Lok formoresector pin action eg $LRCX march to $200. Cloud stocks should be goosed. Big chip consumers
- Kasey: $AMD, If starting a position today, where would the stop (if going long or swing) be recommended? The 200d seems too high % risk for my rules. Thanks
- phgruver: @Kasey $AMD Wait for the profit taking to stop. I would expect that to happen between now and 10:30. Once the stock bottoms, set your stop 3% to 5% below that low. In this price range, 5% is only $1.
- Henry: @Kasey $AMD If you bought it at the open the 8 ema on a 5 min chart would have been a good place. If you have a longer time frame, I dunno, it's broken below the opening print but I can't see it going all the way back to the 19's. I can see it dropping another $1 to test the top of the trading box. I don't have complete faith in tombstone dojis. Everyone says they are bearish but a day or two later, the stock can blow right through them.
- phgruver: @Henry @Kasey $AMD OK, we just had a 5min reversal in $QQQ, $SMH and $AMD. Not an "all clear", but you can dip your toe in, with a stop below $21.37 in $AMD.
- tjv821: $amd anyone selling into this??
- PhilHarmonic: @tjv821 $amd I sold because it is at the top of a consolidation rectangle and I had bought it as a trade.
- Henry: @tjv821 $amd I wouldn't have predicted it would do what it has done so far this morning. Baring outside events, I think the bulls are in charge and it goes higher.
- Kasey: $AMD starting a squeeze
- Kasey: @phgruver $AMD $QQQ $SMH THANK YOU
- Kasey: @Henry $AMD THANKS
- Henry: @Kasey $AMD When a stock gives up all of it's gain and comes back, that's different. I had nothing to do with it. It was not a day trade for me and I am long and happy.
- Robert1965: $AMD up AH to 20.47
- traderbren: @Forexpro $AAPL - yeah, the options implied a 8.6% (or $13.30) move in either direction. If the AH pop holds, it should bode well for the Naz tomorrow. Also, $AMD won't hurt as they are also moving higher AH. Hope all is well from your trading turret.
|Stock Price||$USD 32.85|
Advanced Micro Devices is a semiconductor company with manufacturing, research and development, and sales and administrative facilities throughout the world. It provides processing solutions for the computing and graphics markets.Request Video of AMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 24th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- July 30th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 31.28 48.08%
- $USD 47.19 35.25%
- $USD 60.38 18.70%
- $USD 16.18 -17.43%
- $USD 134.98 -8.26%
- $USD 10.28 -6.68%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!