Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)
Old Forum Content for AAPLMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- riskmanager: @champ $DJI $SPY $AMZN $AAPL #profits #terrible-day #Political #Elections #day-by-day #Good-Luck #but #if #Good-Luck Champ I appreciate your input. I am really bleeding cash in my long term accounts--literally. I am going to start scaling out in the morning. I know it isn't the best time to be selling, but I can't sleep at night worrying about this anymore. Thanks again for your help.
- phgruver: @riskmanager $DJI $SPY $AMZN $AAPL #profits #terrible-day #Political #Elections #day-by-day #Good-Luck #but #if #Good-Luck In the last two market selloffs, if you didn't get out early, it was best to just hang on. When the market turns back up, a well invested portfolio will recover fairly quickly. Take a look at the fall of 2008, and spring of 2009. If you didn't get out until Oct, and didn't get back in until June, you missed the snap back. That's the bigger risk now. We are closer to a bottom than the top. Where the bottom is, no one knows, but selling now just locks in losses.
- success: @riskmanager $DJI $SPY $AMZN $AAPL #profits #terrible-day #Political #Elections #day-by-day #Good-Luck #but #if #Good-Luck I agree with @phgruver and with your assessment. not a great time to sell . . .so remember @DAN's advice . . he gives you permission to sell . . but the second half of that statement is to consider buying 1/2 of the position sold back at 1% above your sales prices and the other half after another 1% increase with a tight stop. I panicked a year ago June 9, 2017 . . I did not follow Dan's advice on the buy back. If I had I would have recovered my loses in less time than it took to try and buy new positions and recover. As Dan says think through your selling and buying strategy . . also determine when you need the money for your use in the long term account and do you have good stocks . . fwiw
- baronp0329: Rosenblatt: Apple May Cut iPhone Production Again By 4Mln Units $AAPL
- champ: $DJI --- The markets just had many entries for #Traders....I posted yesterday after the close, that I would be watching...banks and I said $BAC sand $JPM...plus $AMZN, $AAPL and many other... for market directions and a few trades. For those ...who w ...
$AAPL – down 1/3rd
$NVDA – still falling.
- kt4000: @CraigReynolds $LRCX $UNH - Part of the plan taking a few positions including $CVS and $AAPL that I would not mind holding either way. As for timing it paid off in $UNH - $LRCX is flat. Hope that helps
- champ: @riskmanager $DJI $SPY #profits #terrible-day #Political #Elections #day-by-day #Good-Luck...I only had one long term position and I'm still holding that position and I'm only down a little off of the ATH, that was also in October, in this stock. I d ...
- BocaRick: $AAPL $FB $GS holding near highs of the day
- stairm01: @BocaRick $AAPL $FB $GS I bought GS calls at the end of the day yesterday after Dan's note and took sold them at 3 different levels up this morning and am all out. Took the money off the table. A guarantee for GS to go $20 higher. But in this market, I'm happy to take a winning trade off the table.
- kt4000: finally have a small mix of equities that as a combo are green with a nice gain today $AAPL, $CVS, $SRNE, $VIAB
$AAPL – still going.
$AMZN – Next long entry would be around $1400. Until then, it’s a trading instrument…and not an easy one.
- bigbartabs: @shoredriver $AAPL ... Munster, double in the next few years... that seems like a pretty silly prediction, when they are already one of the few biggest firms in the world. Double? I wonder what he thinks will happen? InSight drilling into 10 billion Martians living under ground, needing cell phones?
- debeers: THE BIGGIES as OF 8:05 am Pacific $FB+_2.53% $AMZN 2.99% $AAPL- 1.32% $NFLX is going up more than any of them percentage wise.. Long $AMZN You all have a great day.Outta here
- bRobert: $AAPL Positive RSI divergences developing.
- baronp0329: @bRobert $AAPL Good to see your posts again. For my retirement account and my children's funds, our money manager sold 25% of our $AAPL and $AMZN positions last month when they broke 200MA. We have had AAPL and AMZN for over 8 years in those funds and he wanted to lock in profits. Yesterday and this morning he started adding (small increments of 3-5% for all the accounts) back AAPL and AMZN. He also recommended adding more $UNH. Hope all is going well for you and the family.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $AAPL $AMZN $UNH Thanks. Things are a bit hectic now but my worst day is many people's best. I try not to forget that. + $UNH
- shoredriver: ...$AAPL...Munster on FM saying it should double over the "next few years"..Did not get the details...
- BocaRick: @shoredriver $AAPL service revenue with a 70% Gross Margin will be replacing hardware sales with only a 35% GM, over time this will drive to PE 23+ on $15 of earnings ......its pretty easy when you can see the future
- bwcarnation1: $AAPL so much for the big reversal now below open
- captron: @bwcarnation1 $AAPL Still holding puts. Almost sold them yesterday.
- champ: @bwcarnation1 $AAPL ---- You always have to let swing traders take their profits on the open and then see what happens....can't be in any hurry.
- Robert1965: $AAPL looks like it turned at 167.75
- grcjr: $AAPL added a nibble
- Henry: $AAPL the $QCOM wars continue and importation of Iphones to China is banned. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/10/china-court-grants-qualcomm-injunction-against-apple.html
- grcjr: @Henry $AAPL $QCOM - coverage by CNBC I believe indicated that it applies to devices running IOS 11 which is an old one not being shipped anymore. The wars do continue.
- traderbren: $AAPL - might be offering an opportunity for a long-term hold (investment) after taking out $165 this morning.
- Robert1965: $AAPL on CNBC someone talking up $AAPL $165.00 as he talked from 164.75 to 165.79
- bwcarnation1: @Robert1965 $AAPL been watching it move up on the talk, whole market off it's lows but want to see where it is by end of day
- CHOFF: $AAPL - waiting for the swing traders to start protecting their profits made this morning.
- debeers: @CHOFF $AAPL -I must have seen something different than you did. I saw a stock that opened lower and moved steadily higher. I am not a chartie but wasn't that a doji with a tail that i saw??. Anyway, i bought some at 168 and a few pennies and I think the risk isn't to the downside anymore.
- debeers: CHIPS & DIPS- What lead you down, will lead you up. The cyber security stocks told you this last week ($CYBR). and now the more valuable techs including $AAPL will do an abracadabra number through year's end..
- CHOFF: @debeers $AAPL - good luck. Look at last Thursday (similar pattern) and then Friday bombed. I trust the technicals right now about as much as I trust a hitch-hiker. I'm long the stock only because I have a very large cushion. I hope you're right and it keeps climbing. The news cycle is a mess.
- rachel: STRATEGY SESSION NOTES 121018 COTD: $AAPL – oversold rebound. Look for short term rally, within a more pervasive downtrend. Notes: You should be trading as if you had 25% of the money you really do. And then trade small. $SPX – dragonfly doji. Short term reversal. $DJI – intraday reversal. Look for rebound tomorrow. $DJT – oversold rebound. $MDY – rebound $IWM – rebound $NDX –higher low. Volatility: What is it? How do you know if a stock is volatile? Potential rebounds: $FIVE – support at 200-day MA. High volume. $INSP—inside day. $SQ – higher low. But this is setting up for a short if the stock rallies another day or two, and then falls. $LFVN – Two major intraday reversals in last 3 days. Looking like a flag pattern. $TWTR – Needs to tighten up a lot. $ISRG – swing trade off 200-day MA.
debeers: TECH SECTOR & TRANNIES---$AAPL/$NVDA/$AVGO/$FDX/$AAL-
LONG FORM-Within the S&P 500, the information technology (-3.5%), consumer discretionary (-3.1%), and industrial (-2.6%) sectors underperformed the broader market.
Apple's (AAPL 168.49, ...
- mradams0621: #trend ugly excelleration. vix spiking up $AAPL falling knife
- Forexpro: @mradams0621 #E-Mini Sorry, Mradams0621, Here's hoping that all is going well for you. There isn't a universal ticker, so far as I'm aware. Quite a few platforms don't offer futures quotes, and those that do use a variety of symbol combinations. On ToS, the active (usually, the front month) contract is /ES, but the full moniker is, at the moment, ESZ8, and on some platforms, ESZ18. $AAPL is always $AAPL, but the E-mini active contract symbol changes every three months to reflect the contract rollovers, so it's tricky. I try to remember to include charts. Parenthetically, even at TD, ToS offers futures charts, but TradeArchitect doesn't. Take care, Amigo, and all the best.
- mradams0621: @Forexpro $AAPL #E-Mini Thanks for answering that question for the umpteenth time. Wish there were a different answer, but at least we have your frequent updates, which are greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your contributions.
- Forexpro: @mradams0621 $AAPL #E-Mini My pleasure, MrAdams0621. And, thanks for your additions.
- CHOFF: $AAPL closed at 168.49, below the popular 170 consensus floor. Without positive news soon, 160 may be the next support level. Historically it has comprised 13% of the S&P weighting. Given the sell-off, it still has a huge impact on whether we rally or dip based on its weighting.
- rachel: WEEKEND UPDATE NOTES 120718 COTD: $SQ – how many stocks do you see in patterns like this? Lots of distractions: Trade France Domestic stuff Budget/wall/shutdown Mueller stuff Be patient Remember – Is cautioned against getting off the sidelines. You’re looking for opportunity. Once in, you’re looking for relief. $SPX – wide box. Highest risk environment I’ve seen. $DJI – bad close. $MDY – lowest close this year. $IWM – also lowest close. Think we’re not entering a new phase? $NDX – high volume distribution. $T2115 – Widespread oversold conditions. $TNX—X Bond traders don’t think Fed is going to hike. $DJT – can’t hide here. $FDX – nope $UPS – nope $XLP $MKC $PG $XLF $GS $JPM $MS Stock Watch: None of these stocks work. $FB $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $NVDA $GOOGL $MSFT $LULU $OLLI $ULTA
- grcjr: #CNBC #5G $AAPL #Samsung. A comment/followup on my post earlier this week. About 12:50AM ET today, Stephen Weiss reported that $AAPL is not planning to introduce a 5G cell phone until 2020 claiming $AAPL is way behind the product curve. He also stated that #Samsung is planning to introduce 5G in 2019. No reference to what quarter so the difference may be small. In any case I believe there is little to no reason to buy a 5G cell phone until 2020 or after.
- CHOFF: @grcjr $AAPL #CNBC #5G #Samsung Weiss' timing has been way off and his latest point about 5g is irrelevant. Weiss was bagging on $AAPL last year and it ran up another$150p/s. $AAPL is never first to market, that's their MO, and they're deliberate about it. I guess Steve bought a Samsung watch (with about 100 other people) since they were the innovators. The rest of humanity bought an iWatch several months later. $AAPL may continue to fade, but not based on Weiss' awful timing.
- grcjr: @CHOFF $AAPL #CNBC #5G #Samsung :-)
- grcjr: @CHOFF $AAPL #CNBC #5G #Samsung $T 's CEO Stephenson in CNBC interview going now says people really won't be interested in 5G in 2019 due to limited deployment. I agree. And I still find 2020 iffy.
- rachel: STRATEGY SESSION NOTES 120618 COTD: $NIO – good action on a horrible day. $SPX – good intraday low. Might be worth another day of upside. Trade small. $T2115 – Reliable bottom. Very rare intraday reading…marks a tradable low. $DJI – buy programs kicked in at 11:30 am. All major index charts look the same. Swing Trading Now: $AMZN – 1700 today. Probably more tomorrow. $NVDA – oversold rebound Day 2. $NFLX – could have another good day. $AAPL -- $170 floor. $SQ – regain 200dma? $FDX – Watch $216 $UPS – likely to see more bounce tomorrow. $OLLI – why it doesn’t pay to hold over earnings. $ULTA – see $OLLI.
grcjr: @steve71 #5G $QCOM $AMT $NVDA $AAPL $AMD $VZ
[followup from a couple days ago]
The rollout of 5G will take a years. The standards must be approved/adopted. This might be concluded by mid 2019. Then final tape/testing of chips can then take place. ...
- Henry: $AAPL is a little frisky in the pm. Schumer wants Potus to come home with a good deal, not a photo op.
- Henry: $AAPL gap and crap
- kt4000: Added more $EEM, $AAPL, $ANET, $AKS, left $VICI and $CVS alone
- traderbren: @debeers $AAPL - he's waaay late to the downgrade cycle given the shellacking its had. Typical penguins trailing each other around to nowhere. ;-)
- debeers: $AAPL-Cannacord Cut estimates. They have covered the stock for 20 years. This mix is deflated on the weaker XR demand in North America. What i found disturbing about this survey is that Cannacord only focused on the phones rather than any attention to the services aspect. Short term focus as far as a downgrade is concerned. NP in this one. Not only are they late to the party but they also have out dated metrics in my opinion.
- kt4000: @debeers $AAPL Noticed the same but I believe they stated that the surveys (when asked) were only for North America.... They clearly did not want to downgrade it but felt they had to.
- DAN: @debeers $AAPL Good point, debeers. 8-)
- debeers: @DAN $AAPL ---@DAN- I want to trim positions, not amounts. If you could give your thoughts on $PFE vs $MRK and $UNH vs $MOH, I would sure appreciate it.
- debeers: @kt4000 $AAPL -I think that, if you are going to be the last analyst on the block to open your mouth, you should have to have something valid to say. This analyst wastes everyone's time and since he's been doing the same shabby job for 20 years, i don't put any faith in what he says. N ice guy but a. LAZYASS
- Robert1965: $AAPL up to 179.+
- kt4000: Added more $AAPL, $ANET, $CVS, $VICI, $EEM
- Robert1965: $AAPL options lot of money make or lost on Puts 5000 Dec 215 at 39.20 11:20am , 5000 at 35.30 1:39pm $1.950 million in 2:19 minutes, likewise Dec 210, 5000 34.20 to 30.30 in the same time frame 3.90 difference times 5000, likewise Jan 215 puts 5500 traded $39.15 at 11:20 and 1:39 5500 at $35.25
$AAPL – up 4% today. Oversold bounce. Floor is $170. Very heavy.
$SHEN – Sprint wireless service. Runner. Very high momentum
$YETI – earnings tomorrow. Wish I had bought it before...but I didn’t. •
$NIO – EV ma ...
- Robert1965: $AAPL up in AH to 175.37
- CHOFF: $AAPL went from the ultimate monopoly with huge buybacks to bankrupt overnight apparently.
- DAN: @CHOFF $AAPL I hear $PALM is making a comeback. And the new Blackberry is the Apple killer!! (Kidding). AAPL is now being revalued by the market -- more of a "value" stock than a high growth stock. Might be the correct move...or not. But for now, AAPL is not something I would want to own. Nor would I ever short it.
- traderbren: @CHOFF $AAPL - LOL, just a reminder of how quickly loved ones can fall out of favor. There's a gap from 5/1 at $169.20 which may look to close before a potential bounce. I'm with Dan, looking for my old Palm Pilot to replace my iPhone. ;-)
- CHOFF: @DAN $AAPL $PALM - ha. Buffet still uses a flip phone, maybe he's become an activist and is bringing them back at $AAPL. His previously drafted succession plans have been scrapped and he's accepting new applications;)
- Robert1965: $AAPL this maybe the first positive day in four days, it seems like weeks
- DAN: @CHOFF $AAPL $PALM LOL. Love to see the flip phone back. Beam me up, Scottie.
- kt4000: $AAPL down 3 points in AH - Cant find any news - took a small position today.
- shoredriver: @kt4000 $AAPL ....Tariff news......
- kt4000: @shoredriver $AAPL THX
- debeers: $AAPL-@KT4000-POTUS says he will increase the tariffs on i-phones by 10% if an agreement cannot be reached with China. Down 2.77 AH.
- Forexpro: @kt4000 $AAPL Him KT4000, As Lady DeBeers observed: "President Donald Trump suggested he could place a 10% tariff on iPhones and laptops imported from China, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal published Monday. He also said it's 'highly unlikely' that he would delay an increase in tariffs just four days before a summit with Chinese President Xi." Bargaining chip, deeply held belief, statement of a policy that's very much subject to change? Anyone's conjecture is as good as mine. E-mini futures are off 14 points, or so, from the regular session high. Hang in there; all the best!
1. $AAPL – POTUS imposing tariffs on iPhones.
2. $AXP – Happy Christmas!
3. $UTX – splitting into triplets.
$DJT – “death cross”...like NDX. All this does is tell you what you already know...and have known for so ...
- traderbren: $AAPL - looks like it needs to close the gap from 5/1 at $169.20.
- Robert1965: $AAPL anyone shorting this only 7 green bars in an hour 1.15 on a 3 min chart
- CHOFF: @Robert1965 $AAPL - my guess is many want to short it but are afraid it will rip their face off if the buyers come back on any improved sales over the holidays. Many $AAPL downgrades are expected on Monday. This is likely already baked in but who knows.
- kt4000: @Robert1965 $AAPL the slightest bit of good news will empty your bank account at these levels.
- champ: @Robert1965 $AAPL --- Might be too late to short...?....shorts could cover going into the close, is my #guess.....and or buy backs could kick-in a little on the close...it is a #Holiday-Friday...for me... I would #not swing any short positions into Monday.. and #Retail might bounce on Monday....know telling what Oil is going to do.... but it is oversold.
- Robert1965: @champ $AAPL #guess #Holiday-Friday #not #Retail $AAPL had short for 173.57, didn't get there and canceled it when it started to drop below 173.00, didn't want to hold it over the weekend
- champ: @Robert1965 $AAPL #guess #Holiday-Friday #not #Retail --- Yes, I agree....why hold over the weekend....Market-Direction is up in the air, could go either way on Mondays open. The markets are now down around 2,000 point, since the Elections and is not looking positive at all...and is now sitting around Resistance, the 10/29 low....could turn on Monday, flip a coin, it is anyone's guess but the markets looks to be at around the oversold level....Monday will be a very important Day for the Markets, it will be testing the 10/29 low...however, it sure looks like it could bounce...really do need the dip buyers to step-in, they are all readying and waiting, for entry.
- champ: @Robert1965 $AAPL #guess #Holiday-Friday #not #Retail--- Traders were buying $APPL today and one added on the close at Briefing-Trader today...but that doesn't mean anything at all...other than pointing out.... that a few #professional-traders have Started to buy the dip....but they could be a little early....but one is saying...the May bullish gap zone is between 173/169...just point out what happen with these guys today.
- Robert1965: $AAPL no rebound for the big red , just red for last several days
- geothrills: STO $AAPL Weekly $170/$167.50 BuPS for $0.25 credit
- dpugh: @geothrills $AAPL No reason to stick your head out first more than likely will get lopped off.... be the 10th or 15th person to go
- Brian_M: $AAPL trading back to the opening low. Not a good sign if it fails to hold.
$AAPL – now down 25%. Consider the tax implications vs. profit give back.
$ADBE – oversold bounce. Shorting opp if it tests $230/240
$NFLX – hope for more gains. These can be gentle shorts if they set up.
$NVDA – remember. ...
The good news (for now) is that the stock is above the recent low of $9.05, and volatility is contracting, returning to more normal levels. The bad news is the three largest holdings in the fund (as of SEP 30th) are $MSFT $AAPL and $AMZN, and with ...
$AAPL – Lower low. This AAPL is falling from the tree. Lots of flashing yellow lights.
$NFLX – House of Cards pattern.
$GOOGL – bears winning.
$SQ – are you still long?
$ZUO – watching for breakout...but got break dow ...
- traderbren: $AAPL - back above the 200d which could bode well for the market ...for a trade.
- CHOFF: $AAPL - I posted the below on Tuesday and it seems to be following the same historical pattern for now. That said, if $AAPL cannot retake the 200ma (now overhead resistance) and close above it soon, support doesn't appear until about $180 as I see it. Rally on, but setting stops in case it fails. $AAPL 03:37 PM 11/13/2018$AAPL is now below the 200ma (193.43) at 192.24. Historically it has fallen about $4-5 below the 200ma before rallying as seen around the dates of Feb 8 and April 26. Will history repeat itself or set a new precedent?
- debeers: $AAPL-bought some as it did what i wanted it to do and added some more services.
- CHOFF: @debeers $AAPL - we need a big fish to stick their neck out and buy some to restore confidence. Something has to change the psyche for buyers to be brave enough to return. Fundamentals are strong.
- debeers: $AAPL-Their watch is now part of the United health program to encourage folks to walk 12,000 steps a day. AARP chose UNH again for their healthcare program. it is part of their wearable device program. When you feed your steps back to UNH, that enables you to earn rewards from them to pay off the watch. Incentive for fitness----New wrinkle. I like it.
- shoredriver: ...$AAPL....David schlepper Tepper (Appaloosa)...out of $AAPL.....
- GOOSE: @shoredriver $AAPL ;>)
- Robert1965: @debeers $AAPL got small amount at 188.
- CHOFF: @shoredriver $AAPL - he sold at the end of Q3 but I thought he just added a new $AAPL position recently. I'm confused.
- shoredriver: @CHOFF $AAPL As I understand it he held 100,000 and dumped all that post Q3 and is flat $AAPL....
- CHOFF: @shoredriver $AAPL - quick trade for a hedgie
- shoredriver: @CHOFF $AAPL 100,000 shares is a drop in the bucket to a hedgie.......
|Stock Price||$USD 195.09|
Apple Inc designs, manufactures, & markets mobile communication & media devices, personal computers, & portable digital music players, & sells a variety of related software, services, accessories, networking solutions, & third-party digital content.Request Video of AAPL
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Apple Inc: Out of consolidation to the downsideBy Bridget July 8th, 2015
- Apple testing support at the 21 day moving averageBy Josh December 18th, 2013
- A look at Apple Inc. in the Post-Icahn Tweet Period (NASDAQ:AAPL)By Dan August 14th, 2013
- Apple Inc.: The 200-Day Moving Average CeilingBy Dan August 6th, 2013
- Apple Inc implied volatility dissipating as shares trickle higher (NASDAQ:AAPL)By Josh August 2nd, 2013
- Apple finding support right above prior lowBy Josh June 28th, 2013
- Apple firming up at the 50 day moving average.By Josh June 7th, 2013
- April 30th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 14.36 33.81%
- $USD 155.95 27.22%
- $USD 16.09 19.19%
- $USD 5.80 -54.57%
- $USD 32.77 -22.11%
- $USD 11.23 -20.68%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 61,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (61,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!