Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)
Old Forum Content for AAPLMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- scottrades: Looks like a slightly lower open which is actually good. Had we gaped up super high it could have brought more sellers to the table. $AAPL and $MSFT looking to open slightly higher. Keep an eye on $RAD. Mentioned it last night, I think the move comes above 16 but if it gets that I think a test of 19 is in order. Good luck today!
- Bogeyboy: @scottrades $AAPL $MSFT $RAD in on $RAD at $16.11 and it is moving upward. Thanks very much. I am still in cash so this is something to watch today. I appreciate your helpfulness
- debeers: $PHM/$GNRC- First the bad news :deaths in Tennessee due to tornadoes and so it begins: first tornadoes, then flooding, then Cali fires.$GNRC Second the good news: Look at $PHM Our house is a very, very, very fine house- with 2 cats in the yard--Folks may cut back on some things but despite the naysayers, people will buy because their parents, who remember 18% rates will make them if they qualify. More in a bit: LONG $AAPL/$COST/$JNUG/$LVMUY/$MRK/$SHOP/$ZM /$AMD/$TW---simple girl, really.
- Auto: $AAPL added RHRN
- champ: $AAPL $MSFT...HOD..but dancing.
- gwenzee: $AAPL Just turned positive for the day. LTH
- gwenzee: $AAPL Tim Cook on deck for interview on FOX Business.
- Sandra: @gwenzee $AAPL I liked Tim Cook’s statement, “engagement is best”, even when you disagree for a common good.
- Henry: @gwenzee $AAPL missed it, did he say anything about China and their production?
- Mizu: I've had a great day trading $AAPL for a couple of quick gains. Small position size helps eliminate panicky trades.
- debeers: $AAPL/$AMD/$NVDA/$LVMUY-after schmeiss buying. Might be early but not wrong and have kept $AAXN because this weill be green because it was a victim of a market not performance.
- Robert1965: @debeers $AAPL $AMD $NVDA $LVMUY $AAXN $AMD bought at 42.00 small looking to add where did you buy
- success: @debeers $AAPL $AMD $NVDA $LVMUY $AAXN added to GNRC . .
- debeers: @Robert1965 $AAPL $AMD $NVDA $LVMUY $AAXN -$AMD--not as smart as you are so i paid a buck more. Considering that any idiot can pick stocks------------i can't wait for Monday!!
- debeers: @success $AAPL $AMD $NVDA $LVMUY $AAXN $GNRC- so that you know---took a skosh of $DHI to go with. For $GNRC either a disaster or interest rates will do and abhor the loss of life so hopin' for the former.
- Robert1965: @debeers $AAPL $AMD $NVDA $LVMUY $AAXN $AMD is starting to fall so is $SOXL
- debeers: @Robert1965 $AAPL $AMD $NVDA $LVMUY $AAXN -$RCL $JNUG $TTD There is an index that has never, to my knowledge, been discussed in SMM and i think it can be added to the toolbox. It isn't nearly as precise as yours but generally works just fine--- it ...
- Robert1965: @debeers $AAPL $AMD $NVDA $LVMUY $AAXN $RCL $JNUG $TTD $BX Great information Thanks
debeers: $AAPL, $AAXN/$AMD/$JNUG/$LVMUY/$NVDA/$RCL/$SHOP/$TTD-
$JNUG -seasoning only not even an appetizer/$LVMUY/$NVDA/$RCL/$SHOP/$TTD--
$AAPL---You buy when the CEO' s are buying-Tim Cooke bought
. I wanted it but didn't buy till Tim Cooke did.
Same with $ ...
- Mizu: $AAPL bumping right up against short term resistance of $285
- Forexpro: Re: $AAPL, #Coronavirus Hi, Friends, From Appleinsider.com: "Apple has issued a warning to shareholders attending Wednesday's annual shareholder meeting about the coronavirus, asking people who recently visited China to make sure they self-quarantined for two weeks beforehand, to minimize further spread of the virus." I hadn't planned on attending. All the best!
- Auto: $WING $CIEN $DIN $LAKE $MU $AAPL $INMD nice bounces added
- Ajax4Hire: @DAN $X $MSFT $EEM None of my children(I have a big family) have "traditional" TV. All stream $NFLX, $DIS, HULU on $ROKU, $AAPL TV, $GOOGL YouTube. or use $VZ, $T, $TMUS, $S thru their phone. None have $DISH, $CMCSA, $CHTR Means they have to actively search for $CBS, NBC on $CMCSA, ABC on $DIS The idea of channel surfing is lost/forgotten/unknown to 35yrs or younger. Time/future is a wave we all ride; choose your position on the wave wisely.
- CdrJake: $AAPL Sold the March AAPL 310 Put that I bought last week... More than doubled this AM.. dont want to stay in it while it bounces. Initial order never went through, was hung up and cost me couple hundred.
- issues: Bought small positions in $ANET $CRM &$PAYC. Bought small position in $AAPL ($300). Also would like to add to $MA and $MSFT but would like to see some sanity/settle down first. Maybe it drops again tomorrow? Or slow down trend....? Sold 1/2 position in $PANW since earnings are tonight.
- Sandra: @kycol $AAPL I’m days away from switching from E*TRADE to TOS. I downloaded TOS on my iPad and laptop in advance. Is there a difference between TOS mobile and TOS on a laptop?
- shoredriver: @Sandra $AAPL ..Don't forget Schwab recently purchased TD..so who knows what they keep as a legacy platform.......
- kycol: @Sandra $AAPL #difference between TOS mobile and TOS on a laptop. Oh yes, think of it as a medium sub-set with the needed tools to chart & trade. I think it’s most capable! I don’t have much insight on a laptop as I use an IMac des ...
- Sandra: @shoredriver $AAPL I didn’t know that, thanks!
- Sandra: @kycol $AAPL #difference #AnchoredVWAP Good info, thanks! Going to try and add the #AnchoredVWAP today. Update - Thanks to great instructions here, adding AnchoredVWAP was very easy.
- debeers: $NET@Bridget-expiration was yesterday. Flaggedit for you an hour and a half ago,B $AAPL-Tim Cook tried to tell you yesterday what was happening but the euphoria overwhelmed his warning on profits for the next q. Apple sales may fall 40-50% in China -- Global Times 12:25 PM ET, 02/20/2020 - Briefing.com [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 is down 1.0%, while the Nasdaq is down 1.5%. Looking at the FAANG stocks shows each trading lower by more than 1%, while Microsoft (MSFT 182.71, -4.67, -2.4%) underperforms with a loss greater than 2%. On a related note, China's Global Times reported that Apple's (AAPL 319.32, -4.30, -1.3%) sales could decline by 40-50% in February and March, versus last year's performance. Recall that Apple previously warned that it expects sales to miss expectations this quarter due the coronavirus. The report, however, provides investors a partial estimation for that warning.
- dkoran: @debeers $NET $AAPL market psychology that after virus runs its course a pent up in demand will make up for the lost sales . That’s total bs and not even realistic . I can tell you no CEO OR board runs their company with that philosophy. Waiting for a 4-5 % min selloff but opportunities to trade the stairway down .
- kycol: $AAPL Some Apple rumor sites are saying that there may be a new IPad Pro announced the end of March — however, deliveries may be delayed because of the China Virus. I want one! $AAPL rewarded my bull call spreads all traded on my IPad using TOS mobile. Looking forward to upgrading & doing a better job of. It.
Rightly or wrongly, the Canary Wharf gang believe that $AAPL's (and presumably others') China travails are "still unlikely to upset the long-term earnings superiority of the (IT) sector." Of course, it matters to us how long "long-ter ...
- sniper: back in $tqqq 1/4,I thought $aapl would bring down $qqq,the chart said I was wrong,its ok for me to be wrong,just not to stay wrong
- sniper: @sniper $tqqq $aapl $qqq $tqqq $spy just wanted to say this is a longgg trend trade it should be easy, but its not for me, I will have to work on that
- issues: I bought 25 shares of $LITE and put in a stop 4 points below where I bought it. So that means I can lose $100 and gain - - - whatever?? I bought BHC on this pull back. They crushed earnings but it dropped anyway. I sold 50 shares of $ENPH yesterday to avoid a drop on earnings. I kept 25 shares. And surprise - Earnings beat and stock soared 15 points. So I made $600 on the 50 I sold at $40, and I am up another $600 on the remaining 25 shares. I just wish I had kept all the shares. I am going to take a chance on $OLED and buy now before tomorrow's earnings report. I know shares of AAPL went down since China sales are expected to be declining due to the Corona virus, but still the stock $AAPL isn't that bad. I think OLED goes higher after earnings. BUYING NOW!
- lostsheep: @shoredriver $AAPL Up more than $8 from the low of 310.07 lifting the futures as well. Reaffirmed buy ratings everywhere. In this buy the dip market the only question I have is how long does it take for for the overall market to turn green? 10 year at 15.46 and the 30 breaking 2. A bit aged but TINA is still looking good.
- shoredriver: @lostsheep $AAPL ...Well so m much for that......
- Sandra: $AAPL Hoping to buy it at 316.
- DrScience: $AKAM back above the hunert mark in spite of news about Apple creating a new content delivery portal. It could have an impact on Akami's business, but so far, stock is holding the higher trading range. See what $AAPl is doing here: https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/02/15/apple-launching-program-to-store-content-closer-to-consumers
- shoredriver: $AAPL....Won't meet rev guidance due to Wuflu.....
- Sandra: @shoredriver $AAPL I did a covered call last December and got assigned at 280. I want it back at 280... :)
- shoredriver: @Sandra $AAPL ...Looks like you might get that op.....and then some......
LONG FORM:Regulators should allow RTL and ProSieben to merge - Rabe
8:36 AM ET, 02/16/2020 - Reuters
By Douglas Busvine
BERLIN, Feb 16 (Reuters) - The head of publisher Bertelsmann said its TV arm RTL should be allowed to merg ...
- debeers: $BA-In a surprising and welcome development,Boeing and the engineers union arrive at a 4 year extended agreement. Why is this important? If you're a newbie you need to know that both $AAPL and $BA have a disproportionate weighting in the market. No matter what you own, you can breathe a little easier if both have some good news to share.
- DrScience: @baronp0329 $AAPL #coronavirus Business attempts to normalize in #China despite #coronavirus. $AAPL reopens its 5 Beijing stores today. Limited hours (11a-6p v. usual 10a-10p). One entrance only with temperature checks. $AAPL restricts the number customers in stores. Busy but not the crowds would see on #ValentinesDay. (Edited for typos)
- baronp0329: @DrScience $AAPL #coronavirus #China #coronavirus #ValentinesDay Hey Doc, Thanks for editing the typos
- Robert1965: $AAPL approach ATH of 227.85
$AAPL -- high squeeze. Wouldn’t buy here...but would certainly hold.
$FB -- might be setting up for a sloppy long entry. (Shortable? We’re in a bull market. Easier to find longs than shorts).
$PGNY -- This has a LOT of tightening up to ...
- Ajax4Hire: @teacher5 $TSM $TSM - TSMC Taiwan Semiconductor is a primary IC vendor for many of the familiar "semiconductor" names, for example: $AMD, $NVDA, $AVGO, $AAPL The Business model is called "foundry-less", for example, $AAPL, designs their ICs but then uses $TSM to manufacture. Different from $INTC, $MU, $SNE, $TXN; who design and build their own ICs. Software runs on hardware and hardware is built with ICs(Integrated Circuits). $TSM, and Taiwan lives in the shadow of mainland China and is partially tied to the Chinese economy(as we all are).
- teacher5: @Ajax4Hire $TSM $AMD $NVDA $AVGO $AAPL $INTC $MU $SNE $TXN Thanks. I’m new to this and am wondering which semiconductor to buy and when. Is this a good one ?
- baronp0329: @champ $SPY $QQQ $IWM #always #surprise Nope, you are definitely WRONG! I was not excited about low volume Up day. Had an excellent Day trading session with $WORK Options (118%-505% profits ) and longer term holds in core stock positions ($AAPL $MSFT $RH $UNH...). But I need to see volume along with price for confirmation.
- champ: @baronp0329 $SPY $QQQ $IWM $WORK $AAPL $MSFT $RH $UNH #always #surprise --- You were pleased but you think others were excited, now I understand, #Thanks for clarifying.
- baronp0329: @champ $SPY $QQQ $IWM $WORK $AAPL $MSFT $RH $UNH #always #surprise #Thanks Yes, exactly. Too many exuberant traders today that have that FOMO mentality. Today, I'm seeing many Green to Red stocks so I am not adding new positions to core stocks. Just Day trades for now.
- champ: @baronp0329 $SPY $QQQ $IWM $WORK $AAPL $MSFT $RH $UNH #always #surprise #Thanks --- Yes, you said.... too many exuberant traders today, maybe they are just day-traders, like you and I and everyone else. That is exactly what Day-Traders do, they trade, In and Out, for profits.
- baronp0329: I know it is blasphemy but $MSFT & $AAPL may be due for a rest or some downside. May sell OTM Calls against my $MSFT & $AAPL positions, or just buy Puts. Bearish engulfing forming with volume on MSFT.
- gwenzee: $AAPL Pays its dividend tomorrow. Always like to add $$$ to the pot,
debeers: $AAPL/$$LITE- While Apple is up 1.30% today, Lumentum is up 1.65%. For every new iphone thatApple sells there are will be 3 LITE chips in it. here are the 3 most recent analyst ratings on the stock:
Jeffries 100 from 74
PiperSandler 95 from 72
- Henry: @DrScience $AAPL #coronavirus On theory I was is that the factories won't open to produce the Iphones. Another theory, in the Daily Mail is that there aren't 20,000 infections, there are 100,000. I'm not buying that there is a vaccine on the near horizon. Even if there was, how could you produce a billion doses in a short amount of time?
The one saving grace might be that Huawei and Xiaomi probably aren't trusted by Chinese consumers any more than in the US. It could also be $AAPL's resistance to law-enforcement demands on the encryption front that keeps them in the race in the worl ...
- porter2524: The advice to short $AAPL may have been premature. Talking heads got it wrong.
- traderbren: @porter2524 $AAPL - LOL...they mostly get it Wrong! ...hence they are on the BOX talking BS, and not looking at charts, price action, volume, etc,...
- phgruver: @traderbren $AAPL ...the problem is, they make more money talking than most of us do trading.... (FWIW, I remain cautiously optimistic.)
- champ: @porter2524 $AAPL--- Certain taking heads, most always get it wrong...however it all depends on who they are. When the market bounce, traders know that this will be one the first stocks to also bounce, nothing new going on. Watch for Bounce-Trades but traders always need timing, have to take action, when timing occurs. .....Always need a Bounce-watch list....No list = No-profits.
- porter2524: @traderbren $AAPL Pity those poor souls who shorted $AAPL first thing this morning. My daughter asked me about it. I gave her Dan's advice: Don't anticipate!
- champ: @bigbartabs $TSLA ---- He has those type of skills. His protection is, he has long term Capital-Gains, Tax Laws works in favor for all investors, who build their companies, they know how to grow their assets, against yearly losses and that is positive for all, plus they are all long term. Plus his wealth and his company assets. .....Just like all the other owners of large companies, past are present...$AMZN $AAPL $MSFT $ORCL $CRM $SCHW. Like Steve Jobs, $AAPL and now mostly retired Ted Turner Enterprises, founder of CNN News. Tax losses, always work against capital gains, their gains/profits are alway on going, for long term. The large owners never work for... short term. ......It take many years also to build huge hotels, just for the permits, for long term builders, in SFC and NYC. ......Long term works, it worked for me also.
- champ: @gwenzee....some can really dance through all zig-the zags...$AAPL, they really know how to dance.
- gwenzee: @champ $AAPL Sometimes a jig, sometimes, a tango and sometimes a waltz. Always in tempo.
- gwenzee: $AAPL $J $CYRX $DOCU $NEO $NVDA $ROKU $SHOP $SILK $YETI It's been a very good day. Waiting for SILK to rip one into the stands.
- champ: @gwenzee $AAPL --- Yes but it was never was easy, for me. Yep...it is all about tempo.
- gwenzee: $AAPL Goes ex-dividend on Friday, Jan.7. Payable on 2/13.
- grcjr: @gwenzee $AAPL - yield is only 1.00%. I don't buy this for the yield. Most of my gains have been via options.
- grcjr: $AAPL $DIS $MSFT $TSLA - nibbled near the open. $MU $NVDA $AMT $AMZN - others I'm tempted by.
- Tango: @grcjr $AAPL $DIS $MSFT $TSLA $MU $NVDA $AMT $AMZN Interesting, I’m selling a few of $NVDA & $AAPL into this strength. Of course, I been holding for awhile.
- gwenzee: @grcjr $AAPL Dividend sucks. I bought it for long term. Long from 2009!!!
- Sandra: @gwenzee Your questions are forcing me to see my problems. I never think about selling until I’m in the red. I also have trouble finding the next stock to buy when I sell. I’d really like to buy some $AAPL if it weren’t for this virus.
- gwenzee: @Sandra $AAPL Sometimes questions will give us the best answers. Re AAPL...has been down past few days and jumping around. I don't think buyers and/or sellers know what to do with this one. I am a long time holder so just riding this out.
He prefers LITE (AAPL supplier) to AAPl since LITE has a growth rate that's better than $AAPL. It's 30%! He also is long $NTES $BABA $IQ and $TCEHY. He says Chinese people will stay in their home watch TV (gamble $NTES) and shop through the internet ...
- brett_anderson: $AAPL down 2.5% - watch it here...
- brett_anderson: @brett_anderson $AAPL in at 315.83, stop just under the LOD
$AAPL is hanging in there, but it needs to rest. $AMZN is also hanging tough...but I doubt it's going higher for a while, and might pull back a bit. $MSFT had a big move on earnings, and now that's pulling back. $GOOGL has been putting everyone t ...
DAN: Today in the forum I posted my thoughts on the current market environment. I decided to send this out in an email because I don't expect all members to be logged in to the forum during the day.
@Dan Pretty weak m ...
- debeers: @indigo1948 $RH -Didn't catch it where you did but close at 210. I'd love it to close at or above 211. My reason for patience with this one is that i think its a lather rinse repeat--peeking over our shoulders is Warren Buffet who sold a portion of his $AAPL stock to buy $RH so in a way that is a second level of support. The goal is always to be in for earnings so we'll see.i got in with 1/3 of the position i want to have by the time of report.
- scottrades: @sierramp $AAPL You nailed that Entry. I think you should think about what kind of position it is for you. You should be protective of your profits, but also keeping some at break even and looking for a place to Add to the position. I can't help but think about everyone who missed this move to the upside and are eyeing up that 50 Day Moving Average. That's my thoughts, but its your money. Hope that helps!
- captron: $AAPL @sierramp - If you look at the out of the money calls for June etc, you will see there was a lot of activity today. It's s long term hold for me though. I did pick up some calls today.
- sierramp: @captron $AAPL Thanks captron. I had planned for it to be a longer term hold for me as well but apparently I'm stuck in Swing Trader mode :)
- Forexpro: Re: $AAPL, $SIEGY Hi, Friends, Amusing factoid gleaned from today's Financial Times: When Steve Jobs returned to Apple in Sep 1997, the market cap of the company was roughly 1/10 that of German's largest company (then and now), Siemens. Today, $AAPL's market cap is larger than that for all 30 companies in the DAX index, combined. That index includes some heavy hitters; Allianz, BASF, Bayer, BMW, Volkswagen and, lest I forget, Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG. Oh, and Siemens. The article was on the subject of German innovation: lack thereof. Hope your day is going well; all the best!
- mercury6s: @Forexpro $AAPL $SIEGY thank you, but be careful with the suffix "-oid", it indicates resemblance or "false".
- Forexpro: @mercury6s $AAPL $SIEGY Thanks, Mercury6s, However, in this case (via Merriam-Webster): "A briefly stated and usually trivial fact." Here's hoping that you're thriving; all the best!
debeers: $AAPL from the call- here are my notes and an update on the price revisions which came through this am:
Tuesday was a solid rebound for the market, especially Technology-led NASDAQ, which got a big lift from Apple (AAPL) ahead of the company’s ...
- 1winkie: $AAPL was up 2.8% at $317.69 ahead of earnings, and its shares were up about 2% at $324.00 in Wednesday’s post-earnings reaction. Wedbush reiterated the shares with an Outperform rating and the same $400 target price, the street-high target, ta ...
DAN: Good morning. Futures are pointing to a higher open today, but you've got to be careful. Here's why:
1. Apple ($AAPL) reported strong earnings and revenues last night, and also guided higher. The stock is up at a new all-time high...but just bar ...
- yongli: @cb $HES better buy $AAPL
- sniper: @debeers $AAPL thanks
- cb: @yongli $HES $AAPL Thanks
- baronp0329: @JBed $MSFT $MSFT another up-day like $AAPL did prior to Earnings report. Stock core positions in both but took more partial profits in AAPL (in Trading Accounts only) before earnings yesterday. May do the same with MSFT. Being prudent with profit protection.
- grcjr: $MSFT $AAPL new all time highs
|Stock Price||$USD 323.34|
Apple Inc designs, manufactures, & markets mobile communication & media devices, personal computers, & portable digital music players, & sells a variety of related software, services, accessories, networking solutions, & third-party digital content.Request Video of AAPL
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Apple Inc: Out of consolidation to the downsideBy Bridget July 8th, 2015
- Apple testing support at the 21 day moving averageBy Josh December 18th, 2013
- A look at Apple Inc. in the Post-Icahn Tweet Period (NASDAQ:AAPL)By Dan August 14th, 2013
- Apple Inc.: The 200-Day Moving Average CeilingBy Dan August 6th, 2013
- Apple Inc implied volatility dissipating as shares trickle higher (NASDAQ:AAPL)By Josh August 2nd, 2013
- Apple finding support right above prior lowBy Josh June 28th, 2013
- Apple firming up at the 50 day moving average.By Josh June 7th, 2013
- July 28th, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 47.22 40.45%
- $USD 17.34 30.12%
- $USD 5.43 27.85%
- $USD 8.25 -25.72%
- $USD 9.40 -24.09%
- $USD 11.87 -9.63%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 70,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (70,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!