Weight Watchers International Inc (NYSE:WTW)
Old Forum Content for WTWMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- PJMR11: @Wykeman $WTW Got back in at $78.50 yesterday. On a good run now.
- woodman: $WTW has a familiar look. Stocks that move up through resistance and keep going making higher highs. See, e.g., $ABMD $SRPT $V $MA
- champ: $WTW ---- This is another one that I posted...
- PJMR11: $WTW HOD
- Wykeman: $WTW 52 week high..
- Wykeman: $WTW going to 100
- champ: @Wykeman $WTW....sure looks like it....
- KemoSabe: $WTW - This one is really moving. Nice rebound from earnings and announcement of a secondary offering.
- Wykeman: @KemoSabe $WTW jumped in this am...it's going to 100
- PJMR11: @Wykeman $WTW It got me at $76 plus earlier in week and dropped like a rock. Be careful.
- Wykeman: @PJMR11 $WTW volume is huge today
- PJMR11: @Wykeman $WTW It was before. Just wondering if the professionals are taking a second run up the mountain.
- gmj: @kalpeshroff $wtw doubled my starter pos and set a tight stop below 50ma bounce this AM
- woodman: $WTW - Friday's intraday reversal was a bad sign.
- ericks68: $WTW- took some stock @66.50 today. Nice hammer on the daily, looks like it's trying to go green.
- kalpeshroff: $wtw Any thoughts? A bottoming tail hammer? This is my first post..
- champ: $WTW @ $74.50 ...had one upgrade so far this morning.... with a price target of $120...the main number is ....subscriber growth is really climbing and is now over 4.6 million...the highest number in the companies history....I added and the stock is going much higher....this should be the real deal.
- champ: $WTW @ $75 ---- Starting to settle in a little...had to get a few of the swing traders out of the way....and there are more in this position but my guess is...this stock will keep zig-zagging...investors are watching and the stock needs to level out, before they step-in. In the coming days the stock should start to get more upgrades. Know-one is going to have really large profits over night, it takes time.
- champ: $WTW @$71.50 ---- Watch this level... could be #around the #New-Entry....the Swing Traders and Day-Traders.... might be finished taking their profits... RNRH...we will see. They will be moving back-in, when the stock turns up again. The stock has been dropping now for the last hour....
- Robert1965: @champ $WTW #around #New-Entry watching hit the 71.50 as you posted back up to 72.02, now at 71.63, it looks like the turn wasn't made
- champ: @Robert1965 $WTW #around #New-Entry--- We will see what happens...this is not a day trade now, this would be a new swing trade investment...going forward, it is not about today...it is about more profits going forward. You asked all the right questions but you have to remember..none of us really know-for sure when the move will happen, my #guess is....this $71.50 level... should be around the #new-low, after earnings, for a new investment. Don't really know how fast you look for results....but it just doesn't work that fast....but this stock is going higher....after all the dam Day-Traders get the hell out of the way.
- Robert1965: @champ $WTW #around #New-Entry--- #guess #new-low it certainly did up to 72.70 wrong again did you reenter
- woodman: @Robert1965 $WTW #around #New-Entry--- #guess #new-low - Dan would call that a tombstone doji.
- champ: @Robert1965 $WTW #around #New-Entry--- #guess #new-low--- Yes...but I joined up with the Day-Traders....because they are in the stock big time....I'm trading the stock now.
- PJMR11: @champ $WTW #around #New-Entry--- #guess #new-low--- This name keeps taking money from me. don't know why I keep trying
- PJMR11: $WTW Safe to buy now that I am out.
- champ: @PJMR11 $WTW @ $70.50... It is LOD now and investors are being force out...#CopyCat selling is going on...I'm waiting for another new entry...now. This is only a trading stock....until it settles in....#professionals-traders are at work...they are now in charge, of these moves.
- PJMR11: @champ $WTW #CopyCat #professionals-traders Agreed. That is why I shouldn't be anywhere near this name. Icing on the top of a bad week. Oh well, there is always next week.
- spmeyers: @PJMR11 $WTW I know how you feel -- but buying at ~70 with intention to hold for a week is a pretty good bet; that's my plan anyway
- PJMR11: @spmeyers $WTW Good luck
- champ: $WTW @ $70.50 level will hold...??
- Robert1965: @PJMR11 $WTW it held
- PJMR11: @Robert1965 $WTW I was out at 70.50. Hit my stop
- traderbren: @champ $WTW - nope, looks like folks are banking the dough on this pop. NP.
- PJMR11: @traderbren $WTW Doesn't look like a late day rally here
- PJMR11: @Robert1965 $WTW Under 70?
- champ: $WTW --- I don't see any earnings number, at this point but the stock just had a great bounce
- champ: $WTW --- Nice beat and guiding higher...still holding my swing
- Robert1965: @champ $WTW are you selling tomorrow or in AH
- champ: @Robert1965 $WTW ---- I'm going to hold into the open....because it has a 80% chance for a bounce but everything depends on the ER-Call. The truth be told...that is just a guess, it is really hard to know about what is going to happen....the stock and the markets, will have a hold of my arm and jerking me around...as usual.
- champ: @Robert1965 $WTW --- It is all about the guidance and on how they present and talk about the guidance... on the call....their presentation, they need to...#Pump-up-the-Analysts...that is the key, for tomorrows open...as of now guidance looks positive...just saying.
- drmike54: $NUS $HLF $USNA $WTW $CMG $CRM Some of the biggest winners since Jan. 1, 2018...... Three direct marketing (Pyramid scheme?) companies, Oprah's weight loss company, a reformed e.coli for lunch company, and Marc Benioff's wonder child...... who would have thunk it???????
- champ: $WTW @ $73 ---- Spec position and they will be reporting earnings after the close tomorrow ...nice er run so-far but I'm expecting tomorrow the stock could move even more..? Because of $NTRI, big beat on earnings.
- Robert1965: $WTW has anyone been watching this earnings 5/3 Up Another 2%
- champ: @Robert1965 $WTW ---- Look at $NTRI...they just beat on earnings ...now $WTW is going into their earnings on 5/3 ....that is the reason why... I'm long $WTW. LOL
- Robert1965: @champ $WTW $NTRI When did you get in on $WTW
- champ: @Robert1965 $WTW $NTRI ----- After the open..
- champ: $WTW ...HOD
- champ: $WTW @ $73.10 Hod ....looks like new buyers going into the close...need to see if this move holds.
- woodman: $WTW moving up still.
- bigbartabs: @woodman $WTW ... What the Wuck?
- woodman: @bigbartabs $WTW - reports 5/3 amc. Maybe a little more of a run to go.
- woodman: $WTW - working.
- woodman: $WTW testing resistance (intraday high of 3/20). Long.
- Motorman: $WTW holding up in this tape
- woodman: $WTW continues inching up.
- captron: $WTW Evidently does not need Oprah's millions to be successful. Day 3 of the reversal. Sill holding.
- woodman: @Junior1 $WTW - I'm still holding my long position. Looking a little more promising here, but BBs are wide and it's just kind of lollygagging around right now. I have a stop in place in case it decides to roll over.
- puttz: @woodman $WTW Good job. I got stopped out yesterday by around 10 Cents:(
- puttz: $WTW Stopped out for a tiny gain. Time to move on.
- Junior1: $BA $WYNN $NFLX $WTW All bouncing around intraday VWAP... and now going below
- puttz: $WTW Got sucked in to adding to my position when it took out yesterdays high.
- Junior1: @puttz $WTW This is setting up to be a great short. H/S... is this the top of the right hand shoulder? food for thought. If so, measured move down is huge.
- puttz: @Junior1 $WTW Stop is in place for a break even trade.
- DrScience: @Junior1 $WTW Risking 1.50 to 3.00 for a ride down 6 to support, and possibly 14.50 to the 200 DMA. R/R very good.
- Junior1: @DrScience $WTW yes. I'm working on the right position for shorting this. with today's HOD as "I'm wrong"
- Junior1: @DrScience $WTW @DAN what's your opinion, If I may of this idea: Shorting is expensive... So I went synthetic...Using April 20 options... Sold 65.0 Calls, Bought 60.0 puts ... @ credit of 1.66 A break of 66.36 and I'm out.
- DrScience: @Junior1 $WTW Buying APR 70/75 BuCS @ .75 CR could offer a hedge, and selling APR 55 Puts on a move below the 50 DMA would pay for the hedge and reduce some risk.
- DAN: @Junior1 $WTW I don't have an opinion on WTW b/c it's just not interesting to me. Nothing against the weight watchers here...but I don't see any type of pattern or price action that gives me the sense that I can capitalize on it. It's hanging at the 50-day MA, down from a 5 day selloff...in between support at $60 and resistance at $70. I'd say that the 65 call sale might work...though honestly, it might not. 60 puts seem pretty far OTM to me. And that's not a hedged trade. You make money if the stock goes down...fast. But if the stock rallies 25 cents, your calls are under water and your put is losing money. That's what I think, anyway. --Dan
- Junior1: @DAN $WTW yes, thank you. That is the idea here. Basically calling today's high, THE high of the right hand shoulder. Getting in early with low risk entry. thanks again.
- puttz: @DAN $WTW I wound not have added to my position if I didn't have a nice profit in the stock. The way I'm trading it is in a box of 60 to 75 and trading just above the 50 which is in an uptrend. If it trades below the 50 dma than i"m out without harm
- DAN: @Junior1 $WTW OK. I get what you are doing, Junior1. Just manage it. Make sure that it doesn't go against you too much. (I don't think it will though. WTW looks pretty weak. It's just not a trade that I would make...even though it might work out just fine. --Dan
- DAN: @puttz $WTW That works, puttz. Nice job articulating your strategy/plan. That's exactly what you want to be doing. Say, with specificity, what you need to see. Great job! Dan
- woodman: @puttz $WTW - I'm in for a swing trade too. I initially bought the bounce on 3/7 and 3/8. A swing of your mentioned 60 to 75, if that pans out, would be a nice profit. I'm still in it.
- issues: @Junior1 $MU $NFLX $WYNN $WTW Junior is your middle name courage?
- puttz: @woodman $WTW I'm still in also. Still printing higher highs and higher lows however on declining volume which may be a problem. I think there will be some real headwinds in the 70ish area if not before. Planing on holding as long as the 50 day holds.
- woodman: $WTW - climbing back.
- woodman: $WTW - the train is getting smaller in the distance.
- woodman: $WTW - may be done pulling back.
- woodman: $WTW - watch to see if the pullback is over.
- captron: @woodman $WTW Someone knew about this early. WTWOprah Sells 2.36 Million Shares Of Weight Watchers
- mdpaul21: $wtw Selling was overdone I think, starting a position is this today.
- issues: @mdpaul21 $wtw so far not much of a bounce.
- captron: $WTW Waiting for the bounce. Or has the bloom come off the rose?
- champ: @captron $WTW ---- The stock should or might hold the 50 day but the stock had a great run into earnings and was also a great short. It will all happen again...but for now, this trade is over or a hold until the next earnings run but I would park $$$$'s somewhere else.
- Danzguy: $WTW (IBD) swept up more than 10% after reporting a 63% EPS gain and a 16% rise in revenue, both above consensus views. Management also raised its full-year earnings guidance to well above expectations, and announced it's shifting its focus from diet to overall health, aiming to become "a partner in health and wellness." The stock is extended, in a profit-taking zone after clearing a cup-with-handle base in January.
- dmccoy: $WTW - watching for a possible 59 min trade
- Robert1965: $WTW did anyone short this tried kept missing, now I think it is too low to short
- woodman: @Robert1965 $WTW - I sold 2/3 of mine yesterday before the report. I'm somewhat amazed it is now trading lower than where I sold it. I did the same thing with $SQ, with the same result, which has led to similar amazement.
- spmeyers: @Robert1965 $WTW right at support, more a buy than a short -- shorting strong stocks is risky
- champ: $WTW.... dropped...about $9 off the high....my short is in play.
- woodman: $WTW has managed to work itself into a bearish engulfing candle. On "bigly" volume, no less.
- gwenzee: @woodman $WTW Pretty sad when you can't even trust Oprah.
- woodman: @gwenzee $WTW - I know it!
- issues: @gwenzee $WTW She's been suggested as a possible Presidential candidate, so I guess (no kidding) we can't mention her since that would be too political for some of the more sensitive folks here - h ho ho hoho ho
- gwenzee: @issues $WTW Only if she becomes a candidate.....Ha Ha Ha back atcha
- woodman: @Henry $NTRI - Ha, Henry. $22 higher, that's it? I sold half my $WTW going into its earnings amc today. I *hope* NTRI's demise is because $WTW is kicking its butt ... or eating its lunch, if you like. But who knows.
- captron: $WTW - Out of my position. Don't like the way it has been acting in the face of earnings. I would think during the holiday seasons, there would not be new membership however in the 1st quarter, a different story. Gotta loose that holiday fat.
|Stock Price||$USD 70.34|
Weight Watchers International, Inc. is a provider of weight management services, operating globally through a network of Company-owned and franchise operations.Request Video of WTW
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 5th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 41.50 9.92%
- $USD 26.37 7.68%
- $USD 115.45 4.77%
- $USD 71.51 -24.99%
- $USD 7.29 -13.70%
- $USD 39.60 1.91%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 57,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (57,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!