TAL Education Group American Depositary Shares (NYSE:TAL)
Old Forum Content for TALMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- ag1: $TAL still working in blue sky territory.
- bsnceo: @DAN how much room would you be giving $TAL here on existing posn?
- bsnceo: @optionswealth $TAL looks like some selling occurred this morning - are you still in it?
- optionswealth: @bsnceo $TAL When it pulled back again after that retracement and didn't get its footing, I sold it for a small gain and just after I did, the whole market decided to move up. In that market, I didn't trust it or the market not to pull back, even though it was looking constructive. I hope you had some good gains.
- optionswealth: @bsnceo $TAL This is most likely the flag after the vs and it is still above yesterdays low, so this should be good here. If you are feeling the need, book some profits. Add again when it breaks above the flag pattern.
- JBed: $TAL Sold entire position just now...looks like it wants to roll over and I had a nice profit, so...
- optionswealth: $TAL made it above resistance this morning and is holding above that $40 mark. Rejected yesterday but as of now, holding today. Popped out of a squeeze but not as much momentum from that squeeze as expected.
- bsnceo: @optionswealth $TAL added at $40, so far looking good
- bwcarnation1: $TAL sold 1/2
- optionswealth: @bsnceo $TAL 50% retracement of the morning move and now moving up again.
- JustJoe: $TAL Standing TALL after three straight days of increasing volume. It's my only and favorite trade.
- JBed: @JustJoe $TAL This could once again be my favorite trade if it starts outperforming like it did last year.
- optionswealth: @JBed $TAL I'm in there with you. If the market would settle it would take off. It tried to at the open but succumbed to the downward pull of the market. Making headway a bit now.
- JustJoe: @JBed $TAL Our marketing firm has had a number of Asian staffers (Chinese and Korean) they talk of studying 12 hours per day six days per week. That extreme focus fuels the growth of TAL and the other Ed. stocks Dan recomends.
- JustJoe: @optionswealth $TAL I was trying to sell it at 39.39 this morning but got greedy...did that same thing yesterday morning. :( I'm trying to make TAL a rental.
- JustJoe: $TAL....I'm out of TAL for a swing trade of 1.5%....with this marketing I'm happy to buy the little dips and sell little rips. I'm going to reward myself by riding my new electronic skate board on this Sunny East Lansing Michigan day!
- bwcarnation1: $TAL hit alert of $38
- JBed: @bwcarnation1 $TAL I had the same alert. Bought half-position.
- JustJoe: @JBed $TAL Building a tall position in TAL today!
- bwcarnation1: $TAL is still moving up from Dan's recent alert of 38
18. $TAL – coming out of squeeze.
19. $FLT – holding at $200. Good entry...for the patient.
20. $ONCE – Woodman rebound.
21. $TTPH – Woodman breakout.
- issues: Maybe I'm a slow learner but I still like $ANET $SQ $BZUN $WB $TAL & $FAS... I am holding these and will wait for a green day to add. I just don't understand why folks would be throwing the baby out with the water. Maybe some of the Big Boys are thrashing ANET making it a "broken stock". This could be a strong reversal but it bounced before.
- Beaver: @issues $ANET $SQ $BZUN $WB $TAL $FAS Kind of feel the same way about several of these stocks. Please pass any good/bad responses along. Thx
- issues: @Beaver $ANET $SQ $BZUN $WB $TAL $FAS Are you putting any stops in place?
- nestorsch1: @issues $ANET $SQ $BZUN $WB $TAL $FAS I feel the same way. I placed a stop quite low and I was kicked out any way, who would have imagined a 9% reversal? But I must say that I tend to chase the stock and I don’t want to continue doing that. I tried twice with $ANET and got kicked out badly. I don’t know what to do and if it merits coming in again...
$TAL - inside day
$TEAM - looks weak support around 48 area
$VNOM - way outside daily bollingers weekly Hammer a break above tha can go higher
$WB inside month
$ZTS - looking for a continuation above the March highs
- issues: @issues $YY $WB $ABBV $PRAH $ANET $DQ $NFLX $RHT $CNC The ones I like the best to buy would be $BZUN $CNC & $TAL
- issues: @Junior1 Excellent point Junior. I agree that it's a strong possibility with IBD saying we're in a correction. But Champ also made some good observations today. But the economy is good and one of these days the market will reverse back up. This is the last trading day of March, so I'm betting that April will be good.. Then there's sell in "May and go away." Which may not be the case this year. For me, steady as she goes. I am trying to do like Dan and not trading my Long Term Investments. But I keep violating that. I bought/added to theses : $CASA $PYPL $TAL $SMH $SQ $BZUN $AMAT $CNC $NVDA
- stevertor: $TAL lookin' good right now
- genki: $TAL$SQ@Dan For these two stocks, how would you set stops for swing trading positions. Thanks.
- spmeyers: @genki $TAL $SQ a lot of breakouts have failed lately so I'd be careful with $TAL
- genki: @spmeyers $TAL $SQ A 3% trailing stop?
- spmeyers: @genki $TAL $SQ that's pretty tight but safer than putting it below today's low (which would be the textbook stop I think)
• Digital taxation on Google, Apple, Facebook? Based on where they generate revenue rather than where they are domiciled. Bottom line: All the governments want money. Period.
$SPX – look at this wedge. Confidence shaken. Bulls will s ...
- DAN: Good morning. It always feels good to return to work after taking some time away from trading. This time is no exception. But...I wasn't completely out of the loop and did do a bit of trading. Given how the market acted last week, how could I sta ...
$XME - are the metal tariffs making a big difference in the metal stocks? Not really.
$MG133 - not much of a move.
$MG131 - not much of a move.
$DJUSST - not much of a move.
VIDEO TWO: Growth Stock List
1. $CASA -- putting this on list. Earnings T ...
- bsafriet: $SPY. Some of the bigges losers I’ve been watching: $UTX -3.29%, $BA -3.50%, $LMT 3.94%, $CAT -3.50%, $TAL -4.13%, $NVDA -4.43% Ouch!!!
- babas: @bsafriet $SPY $UTX $BA $LMT $CAT $TAL $NVDA Reversal on $CMI is also worth noting
- petros06: @Dan in last nights video you attach $HQY to Triton but a few days age $TAL is attached to Triton. What did I miss?
- bwcarnation1: confusing because there seems to be two companies Tal International Group which has merged with $TRTN and Tal Education Group Not sure both are public companies. $TAL is the education stock Dan has talked about quite often.
- Henry: @bwcarnation1 $TRTN $TAL Way back in 2011 or so TAL was a container stock that @Aragorn followed. I think what happened was TRTN bought TAL the container stock, then TAL the education company came along and people think TRTN owns it, but it is totally separate.
- petros06: AH, thx for the clarification. So $TAL should not have gone down like it did. Dumb people. Good thing I didn't get stopped out, almost did but not quite.@Henry $TRTN $TAL
- DAN: @petros06 $HQY $TAL My mistake. Meant TAL, not HQY. I think I had a brain fart.
- kprestonsharp: $TAL what happened to $TAL in the premarket?!? Can’t find news anywhere..
- Henry: @kprestonsharp $TAL can’t find anything on twitter except fan boys who say it will be green by noon. I do better if I ignore Chinese stocks
- BocaRick: @Henry $TAL $EDU also down, but on low volume.
- DAN: $TAL -- crappy situation, but it turns out that Triton Container International merged with TAL Education a few years ago to form Triton International ($TRTN) in a stock for stock transaction. Triton just reported earnings. So while TAL still shows an earnings reporting date of April 26th, it's obviously wrong. Low for the day is $35.75, and the second support level ("S2") is 35.59.
- Ottawagreg: @Henry $TAL #metoo
- Mpower27: @DAN $TAL $TRTN wow ..... Nothing about that merger makes any sense to me.
11. $TAL – Total surprise to me. Above $37 and it starts filling the gap.
12. $AAPL – Buffett has been buying this. “You’re not early (obviously), but you’re not late either.” Probably right...but this isn&rsqu ...
- kprestonsharp: $TAL continues to work well.
- kprestonsharp: $TAL broke above previous high.
3. $TAL – good price activity today. Volume a bit light, but under accumulation.
4. $ATHM – tightening at $85. “Flag” pattern...watch this. Breakout above $87 starts next leg higher. Alert $87.
5. $ROKU – IPO looki ...
4. $TAL - early entry last week. Has momentum for new ATH. Would keep stop below $33.
5. $RST - earnings 3/13. EPS rating only 48, but RS is 93. Chart trade.
6. $SEDG - time to take profits. This is done!
7. $NVDA -- ATH
8. $CARB - this is what ...
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $TAL TAL Education Group American Depositary Shares. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=TAL&clip=98120
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $TAL TAL Education Group American Depositary Shares. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=TAL&clip=97853
10. $MDXG – steep, deep and sloppy C&H. Would not buy it here b/c looks like still under pressure. But really good fundamental story. So it’s a sloppy chart, but 66% growth rate company.
11. $UA – breaking out of a base. Ex ...
COTD: $TAL -- consolidating in choppy base. Buy stop above $34.20. Alert $34.20
$SPX – Keep this in perspective. Stocks have been extremely overbought – to levels that made them extremely risky to buy. So this pullback gets ...
- bsnceo: $TAL from stinks to star (for this morning, anyway)
14. $TAL – profits almost tripled in Q3. Quarterly EPS up 168% yoy, and revenue up 66%. ONLY consider buying this if it breaks out – and breakouts really haven’t been working well. Alert $35.00.
15. $JD – alert $48.50
16. $ ...
- Ottawagreg: $TAL I have a modest position, and losing patience here. anyone have thoughts on this one? very small loss as it stands, but this is not making any do-reh-me!
- DragonFly: @Ottawagreg $TAL I made good money in it the first half of the year but when it broke trend I got out. As Dan says lots of pain in this stock so it will be choppy. I never got back in. Good luck (lots of fish in the sea)
- Ottawagreg: @DragonFly $TAL it was in a strategy session in early January, i bought it 01/04. just treading water. i'm down $85. i think i just dump it and put it to work elsewhere
- issues: @DragonFly $TAL I prefer $EDU!
- Beaver: ok Dan, does $tal show signs of a c&h pattern?
- bwcarnation1: $TAL moving up on vol
- mgoodw: $TAL took off, missed that one too
- mgoodw: $TAL What happened to $TAL? Gave up all of its gain today! Is this a good buy point now, or a failed break out?
- Bridget: @mgoodw $TAL Looks just like Phase 2. Just hold or maybe sell half.
- mgoodw: @Bridget $TAL WOW that was fast! I don't own any, should I start a small position?
- Bridget: @mgoodw $TAL no, I would wait for a pullback closer to $31. That was previously resistance and should now act as support.
- mgoodw: @bRobert $TAL I missed this great move because I didn't buy when it went down this AM about 1.5%. I wasn't sure if that was a failed breakout or a buying opprotunity. How can I tell the difference? Thanks ahead of time!
- mgoodw: $MRVL out of MRVL Feb 16 calls bought at .74 out at 1.05 at 40% profit. Still kicking myself for missing $TAL this AM.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $TAL TAL Education Group American Depositary Shares. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=TAL&clip=96097
- Bridget: $TAL chinese stocks have been performing well. Coming out of a squeeze on volume. Above the 50 and 200dMA
$TAL $EDU - seeing bounce today
$ROKU - nice bounce today
$MO $PM - breakout continues
$X breakout on import tax news
$PETS - riding the upper BB,
$ESRX - not seeing much of a pullback
$FSLR - squeeze breakout
$WTW $NTRI - in a squeeze
$ETSY - day ...
- spmeyers: $TAL must have got an F on the report card
- bsafriet: @spmeyers $TAL Somebody pulled the flush lever on China internet group. Probably a good thing, they were stinking up the joint!
11. $BIDU -- brutal.
12. $BABA -- will remove from GL if $166.75 is broken. Fundamentals are strong...but the chart is not good.
13. $TAL -- had warning that this should be sold before earnings. 75% run since last earnings. “Has the market ...
COTD: A tale of two V’s. Check out Valeant ($VRX) and Vertex ($VRTX). $VRTX is in a squeeze. Buy level is $156.25 (Upper BBand breakout). $VRX – Tons of supply between $14-15.
VIDEO ONE: Risk of reversal is still high. Complacency is pr ...
1. $FB – failed at $175. Still rangebound, but not a catalyst for higher market activity.
2. $AMZN – failed at 1,000. Like FB – at the top of a sideways ranging channel.
3. $AAPL – not seeing any reason to own this. Batter ...
- Bridget: Chinese stocks are up big today $FXI $EDU $TAL $SINA
- bsafriet: $ATHM $TAL $WB $SINA $BZUN $EDU $BIDU All these are moving today. $BIDU looks like it will set a closing high and maybe ATH. Long $BABA $ATHM $WB $BZUN
- Bridget: #Notes: Healthcare stocks coming out of squeezes: $ALXN $VRTX $REGN $ESPR $PFE $MRK $CI and $AFL at new ATH $WYNN at new all time high. $LVS and $MGM also looking good $XLK - $MU back up at all time highs, $CRM working,$SMH looking strong $PANW up big on earnings, also move $CYBR and $FEYE $TECD $AMBA - down big on earnings Chinese stocks working: $BIDU $TAL $EDU $WB $SINA $XOP - recovering. $MPC $BHP $RIG making strong moves $ABT - new 52 week high $OC - great construction stock $SNDR - cup and handle Another big day for car stocks: $GM $F $FCAU $KMX.
- Bridget: $TAL found a top.
- tlmayne: @Bridget $TAL What happened to $TAL losing 7.5% in a half day? Any insight you can share?
- Bridget: @tlmayne $TAL These chinese stocks have been on a tear. $TAL peaked on 8/22 and got ahead of itself. I think most of this is just short term traders profit taking. This needs a pullback and consolidation before going higher. Could pullback to the 50dMA before finding support. $EDU pulled back to the 50dMA today.
- tlmayne: @Bridget $TAL $EDU Thank you!
- DAN: $TAL $EDU $TEDU -- Gang, all of the Chinese stocks are selling off. These pullbacks in the educational sector are not, in my opinion, buying opportunities. They should be avoided. (Think $MOMO).
- mopick: @DAN $TAL $EDU $TEDU $MOMO I've traded this a couple of times with a stop, as you have advocated, just below $35. So far, seems to have worked. Contemplating the same here.
- Bridget: #Notes: $ADSK - gap and run, but now consolidating above squeeze $MRVL - gap and run on earnings $AVGO - failed breakout, now breaking lower $CRM - another new high $WLK - working but too late to enter here $FXE - breakout on volume $TSCO - inverse head and shoulders $VZ - in a squeeze $DPZ - breaking down. weekly topping pattern $JD - failed at 50dMA, now moving lower $TAL $WB - topping $EDU - pulled back to 50dMA $HCC - ipo new high
- bsafriet: $ATHM $BABA $WB $TAL $TCEHY All doing well today except $TECHY which is flat, slightly down. Long all.
- bsafriet: $TAL $WB $ATHM $BABA $TCEHY China internet space holding its gains moving into close. $TAL is today's standout with a 5.23% gain. It split 6 for 1 and now trades around $30. $TCEHY has been flat most of the day and is tailing off into the close, down -0.07 (-0.15%).
- bsafriet: $ATHM $BZUN $TCEHY $TAL $WB I was stopped out of $BZUN this morning but re-entered on reversal. Now back at lows... Long $ATHM with stop at yesterday's low, still holding. Opened new positions in $WB $TAL $TCEHY after they reversed this morning. $WB up nicely, while $TAL and $TECHY flat. My thinking is that these companies are pretty much immune to the daily theatrics playing out at the WH.
- DAN: $EDU $TAL -- these two Chinese online education stocks are looking very strong. TAL reports tomorrow; $EDU has already reported and blew higher on big volume. These are for active traders b/c of TAL's pending earnings report.
- woodman: @DAN $EDU $TAL - Another Chinese education stock, $TEDU, had its big pop and has pulled back already. 8dEMA looks like support. IIt may take a little time but it's one for the watch list for another move up.
- DAN: @woodman $EDU $TAL $TEDU Pretty steep drop for TEDU. Yes, it's a watch list stock for sure.
- spmeyers: @DAN $EDU $TAL EDU opened down after earnings and finished unchanged; but it's up today
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $TAL TAL Education Group American Depositary Shares each representing 2 Class A. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=TAL&clip=88201
- DAN: $TEDU $EDU $TAL -- The chinese education stocks are working today. Mentioned these last night, and don't want you to forget about them. $TEDU -- working its way out of a high base. I'll show this tonight with my "moving average matrix" , but I've attached a snapshot to illustrate it. $EDU and $TAL are also moving higher out of consolidation.
|Stock Price||$USD 32.64|
TAL International Group, Inc. is a lessor of intermodal containers and chassis. The Company operates in two business segments namely Equipment leasing and Equipment trading.Request Video of TAL
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 25th, 2018 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 21.05 40.29%
- $USD 38.14 19.73%
- $USD 49.47 7.19%
- $USD 32.64 -20.88%
- $USD 8.69 -7.43%
- $USD 25.00 -4.23%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 57,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (57,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!