Oclaro Inc. (NASDAQ:OCLR)
Old Forum Content for OCLRMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Bridget: $OCLR is now starting to fill the gap
- woodman: $OCLR - didn't work out, unfortunately. But I'll try to keep an eye on it.
- woodman: Some interesting ones: $KEM $LLNW $OCLR $ICHR $MRCY $LITE
- issues: Since I sold $AAOI at a loss less than a month ago I don't want to get nicked with Wash Sale Rule. So in the same IBD group are these: $ACIA $LITE $OCLR ... I bought a starter in LITE. I like the chart.
- Suz: @issues $AAOI $ACIA $LITE $OCLR $OCLR has two potential bidders.
- woodman: $OCLR not a bad day and close today.
- coldevinc: @woodman $OCLR I remember making some money on this one years ago.
$OCLR – Completely “smushed” on Aug. $10 calls…
$ON – Early phase 3 momentum which I hope continues into Monday’s earnings – Expectations are pretty stellar, but I’ve “been there done that&rdqu ...
- Robert1965: $OCLR is moving up 10% in PM at 10.01
- DAN: $OCLR -- 30% of float is short. Slowly working its way higher. Looking for $11 bucks, and support down below $10. So it's about a 3:1 reward/risk trade.
- woodman: @DAN $OCLR - I was looking at it yesterday. I like it. Just a note that it reports 8/2 amc.
- bsafriet: $AAOI $ANET $CGNX $COHR $FN $FNSR $IIVI $IPGP $LITE $MTSI $OCLR. $VIAV. Optical group doing extremely well today. Many breakouts and/or new highs. Laser mgfs, component makers serving data centers, and cell phone 3D recognition seem to be the major themes.
Sher: $OCLR - BTO Aug. $10 calls @ $.75 - Far better earnings expectations than $LITE - Just my take...
$S - Squeezing to the upside - Added to long Aug. $8 call position, EOD Friday - Earnings aren't until 8-1-17 and projections are they'll lose consider ...
- bRobert: $LITE . $FNSR . $ACIA $OCLR + pin action other optical players
- MM: $OCLR $FNSR $NPTN $INFN $ACIA $AAOI Opto-Comps at the highs...
- BocaRick: $ACIA down as much as 9% PM, expects lower earnings. Yesterday $AAOI raised sector on expectations. $LITE and $OCLR down on early trading
- BocaRick: @vscottg $AAOI waiting on some news, $LITE $OCLR $FNSR are all up. FNSR passed a 27.1 buy point yesterday but didn't hold, now up to 27.61 in premarket
- champ: @bsafriet $BAC $C $WFC $DB $MS $JPM $AAOI $AMAT $LRCX $AVGO $NVDA $COHR $OLED $IIVI $IPGP $MU $VEEV $ADBE $GLW $AXTI $LITE $OCLR $NOVT $ANET $FNSR $MTSI $TSLA $LABD $Dan $WB $MOMO $TCEHY $NTES $BIDU #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Addi ...
- bsafriet: @champ $BAC $C $WFC $DB #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Additional Why not take partial profits in your long positions in. $BAC and $C and let the rest ride (play with the house's money)? I'm long $MS, $C and $JPM and thinking about a ...
- traderbren: $AAOI and $OCLR - took starter positions again after getting out at higher levels.
- traderbren: $OCLR -- seeing buying interest. Long.
- indigo1948: @traderbren $OCLR - price target raised to $14.00 by DA Davidson
- traderbren: @indigo1948 $OCLR - thanks!
- spmeyers: @traderbren $OCLR the move is looking pretty solid
- indigo1948: $OCLR - very long and very choppy base - keeps trying to break out but a lot of sellers on each attempt.
- issues: Here is an interesting article "Cheap Stocks with PEG ratio (pe divided by growth rate) below 1 that are Buy rated: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/26-cheap-stocks-in-the-markets-hottest-sector-2017-06-09 Phil VanDorn lists these as good candidates: $MU $WDC $CIEN $BCOR $LRCX $AAOI $CIEN $STMP $TIVO $MXL $SMCI $AMAT $CAMP $FB $CRUS $MEI $ITRI $SMTC $OCLR $SWKS and $MSCC. Although these are not necessarily on his list, I personally like: $BCOR $AMAT(IBD 50 this week) $CTRL(IBD 50 this week)$PETS $BZUN $BABA(IBD 50 this week) $ANET(IBD 50 this week) $CGNX (IBD 50 this week) We personally hold positions in $MU $LRCX $AAOI $MXL (have tight stop in place) $FB $BABA $ANET & $MCHP.
- Henry: $OCLR Betaville, who ever they are, is claiming the company is for sale
- traderbren: @Henry $OCLR - yeah, seeing buying pressure. Long from lower levels.
- traderbren: $OCLR -- looking good. Long.
- pookie: @tcw23 $LITE seems the optics related issues are "looking" up. $aaoi $oclr
- Sher: $OCLR - July $9 calls up 135% - Taking profits, for now...
- woodman: @Sher $OCLR - Congrats! Great job.
- indigo1948: @traderbren $OCLR - have been long for some time - now seeing nice breakout - longer term hold for me with full position.
- traderbren: $OCLR -- seeing buying interest. Long from lower levels
$OCLR – Continues to trend higher – Up another 2.8% - Long stock & July $9.00 calls.
- indigo1948: @traderbren $OCLR - trying to break through the cloud and upper Bollinger band - long with a full position.
- pookie: $oclr Is THIS the time a b/o attempt will work? breaking above the trendline from feb and march peaks....
- Bridget: @pookie $oclr I've just been selling puts on this one because it's always so choppy
- indigo1948: $OCLR - moving up strongly this morning.
- Sher: $OCLR - Up another 5%, today - Shared Reuters post on this, yesterday: Oclaro, optical rivals rise, analyst cites China demand 9:52 AM ET, 05/22/2017 - Reuters ** Shares in Oclaro Inc, Finisar Corp, Applied Optoelectronics Inc jump on Monday ** Analyst says China Mobile vendor announcement for packet transport network good news for Oclaro, Finisar and Lumentum Holdings ** Finisar shares up 8.3 pct at $25.53, Oclaro shares up 7.5 pct at $9.14. Lumentum shares up 3.5 pct at $55.20. Applied Optoelectronics shares up 5.7 pct at $67.16 ** China Mobile announces 70 pct of business for its buildout will go to ZTE Corp, balance going to Huawei Technologies, according to Jefferies analyst James Kisner in research note ** Kisner sees Oclaro as main beneficiary of China Mobile business because of its significant exposure to ZTE, a 10 pct customer in 2016 ** But news also bodes well for Lumentum and Finisar as these cos have Huawei exposure, Kisner said. Long stock and July $9.00 calls...
- indigo1948: @Sher $OCLR - thanks Sher for the news - long OCLR with a very full position and looking to add on any pullback.
- Sher: $OCLR - BUZZ-Oclaro, optical rivals rise, analyst cites China demand 9:52 AM ET, 05/22/2017 - Reuters ** Shares in Oclaro Inc, Finisar Corp, Applied Optoelectronics Inc jump on Monday ** Analyst says China Mobile vendor announcement for packet transport network good news for Oclaro, Finisar and Lumentum Holdings ** Finisar shares up 8.3 pct at $25.53, Oclaro shares up 7.5 pct at $9.14. Lumentum shares up 3.5 pct at $55.20. Applied Optoelectronics shares up 5.7 pct at $67.16 ** China Mobile announces 70 pct of business for its buildout will go to ZTE Corp, balance going to Huawei Technologies, according to Jefferies analyst James Kisner in research note ** Kisner sees Oclaro as main beneficiary of China Mobile business because of its significant exposure to ZTE, a 10 pct customer in 2016 ** But news also bodes well for Lumentum and Finisar as these cos have Huawei exposure, Kisner said. Long stock and July $9.00 calls...
- Esther: @champ $DY $OCLR HOD???
- champ: @Esther $DY $OCLR ---- Good eye and Yes $DY was right around HOD, up about $5 off of todays low and $OCLR bounced but fell back and was just flat for the day and I have NP. I traded $DY today but sold....NP at this time but I will look at it tomorrow, if I have time but for now I'm expecting a bounce in the energy sector tomorrow and....maybe....the markets off of this API news...... LOL
- Esther: @champ $DY $OCLR high of the day!!! I am slow...
- traderbren: $OCLR -- getting a bid, but I'd wait for it to clear the 50 dma as it has a tendency to be swing!
- Sher: $BABA - Added to June $125 long call position at $2.50. $OCLR - BTO July $9.00 calls @ $.70 - Also long stock.
- BocaRick: $AAOI $OCLR $FNSR all up 4%+ premarket, no news that I can find. optical equipment. #Needham upgraded AAOI to Strong Buy with a PT of 85. #StockTwits comment, AAOI #Short Squeeze will really kick in at 70 -75?
- thehook1: @BocaRick $AAOI $OCLR $FNSR $AAOI was upgraded today by Needham to $85
- BocaRick: @thehook1 $AAOI $OCLR $FNSR Yes , saw that after I posted. I don't know why the others are up as much?
- champ: $DY $INFN $LITE $INFN $CIEN $NPTN $ACIA...____ $OCLR up about 9% I'm holding this one also, along with $DY. A bear Rosenblatt turned positive today....on opticals and they are now moving up. -------- Also position News coming out of China on Optical stocks.
- champ: $DY $OCLR....HOD both....for now.
- traderbren: $OCLR - back above the 50dma
- audrina0904: $LITE went down and touched the 200dma this morning and bounced...$OCLR also has rallied from a much lower open.
- coldevinc: $OCLR W.T.F. should I do with couple of stragelly last shares I have, that Imissed adding a stop to last week. Should I just dump or wait.
- Bridget: @coldevinc $OCLR I would just dump. You meant to sell them anyway.
- audrina0904: $OCLR numbers dont look great...
- Sher: @audrina0904 $OCLR - Earnings/revenues were both a beat - It's the 'guide below census' that's going to be painful...
- audrina0904: @Sher $OCLR Yep, maybe the concerns of china slowdown were real, this seems like a very different outlook since the massively bullish last qtr.
- Henry: $OCLR almost got to 9 in pm Positive article in Barrons on optical stocks and some outfit called Emerald Advisors bought 1.3 mil shares
- coldevinc: $OCLR Crazy price action on this one. Have some shares that I will hang onto to just sell the next time it gets into the nines. Blew out of it on Thursday. Looks like funny business to me.
- traderbren: $OCLR - off the bottom trade. Someone puked it up this morning, but it may prove to be a good bottom fish trade. Long.
- woodman: @traderbren $OCLR - Big double bottom (see intraday low of 10/27/2016). I sold for a loss the other day when it fell through the 200 day. Today, I thought about buying it back on that developing tail, but Nancy Reagan'd it and just said no.
- tigerjohn8: $OCLR i bought a little. Will it hold 8 for the upteenth time???
- coldevinc: @tigerjohn8 $OCLR rascally stock!!! blew threw my stops yesterday. on to greener pastures
- inthesticks: $OCLR Ouch ... news?
- woodman: @inthesticks $OCLR - I haven't seen any news for this one.
- indigo1948: @inthesticks $OCLR - I have not found any news that would explain this drop and earnings are not until May 2nd.
- inthesticks: @indigo1948 $OCLR I found two articles from questionable sources .... one says OCLR downgraded by Zacks to Hold from Buy and another says complete opposite. Nothing on Zacks site. Fake news? https://www.thecerbatgem.com/2017/04/26/zacks-investment-research-lowers-oclaro-inc-oclr-to-hold-updated.html https://www.com-unik.info/2017/04/26/oclaro-inc-oclr-raised-to-buy-at-zacks-investment-research-updated.html
- woodman: $OCLR - sold it, but I could see it bouncing at $8.00 level where it has several times over the last 5 months.
- jg: @inthesticks $OCLR concerns about China growth which is 40% of business from IBD
- inthesticks: @jg $OCLR As usual, the opticals herd is down ... $AAOI $LITE ... yada yada
- audrina0904: $OCLR - Trading around $8 right now...this position has held on about 5-6 previous occurrences over the last 6 months... If you like the company and are in for the long haul investment...a position here may make sense? Seems to be very low risk with a tight stop here, you'd know you're wrong if it breaks down even the slightest bit.
- efrain007: @audrina0904 $OCLR I've got no position though I wanted to buy today but that huge volume is scary. Breaking 200dma, and testing $8 support for the 5th time. Remember the more times support or resistance is tested the higher odds of it breaking. Be careful.
- justinp: $OCLR $LITE selling into the close.
- audrina0904: @efrain007 $OCLR No position, just a watcher on this one and I have traded in and out of it a few times for profit. All your points are valid.
- coldevinc: @justinp $OCLR $LITE So is there any reason for such a drop?????? Blew through all of my stops.
DrScience: @audrina0904 $OCLR I learned my lesson with $CIEN a while back. Fiber Optic technology is cool, but trying to figure out who's buying, selling, supplying, and/or consuming the related products is too hard for me.
Speculation has fueled much of the ...
- mradams0621: $OCLR per the Fly; theflyonthewall.com: Optical equipment makers dip as Huawei probe said to widen Shares of optical component makers have been under pressure this morning following a New York Times report claiming that U.S. officials are widening their investigation into whether China's Huawei, one of the world's biggest sellers of the back-end equipment for cellular networks, broke sanctions against Cuba, Iran, Sudan and Syria. An administrative subpoena, which was previously unreported, was sent to Huawei in December by the United States Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control, which oversees compliance with a number of American sanctions programs, according to The New York Times. Following the report, Oclaro (OCLR) is down 9.5%, Acacia (ACIA) is down 5%, Lumentum (LITE) is down 4.5%, Finisar (FNSR) is down 2.6%, and Fabrinet (FN) has fallen nearly 7%. Reference Link :theflyonthewall.com
- justinp: @mradams0621 $OCLR Thanks. In two minds whether to cut losses or wait to see if this is headline-driven. You have to wonder about the thinking that risks getting nailed by US regulators in order to access the huge markets of Cuba, Iran, Sudan and Syria....
- audrina0904: $OCLR having a rough day in this tape, any reason that anyone can see? Its peers seem to be doing much better.
- woodman: @audrina0904 $OCLR - I bought some on 4/18. Still have it. It reports 5/2 amc.
- TCW23: $OCLR - any news on this jump?
- inthesticks: @TCW23 $OCLR My guess is oversold bounce ... all opticals up ... $AAOI $LITE $FNSR ... they all move in tandem. I have learned to temper my enthusiasm with these.
- woodman: @TCW23 $OCLR - Not seeing any news for this ticker. I remain long some. It is prone to big spikes out of nowhere which makes it a good potential swing trade. I have accumulated shares down here near the 200 day and horizontal support.
- DrScience: @TCW23 $OCLR and $FNSR up on $NPTN spike.
- coldevinc: @woodman $OCLR I think earnings are coming up May 1st or there abouts. Earnings run??????
- coldevinc: $OCLR considering putting at trailing stop at $9.36
- woodman: @coldevinc $OCLR Ahh, thanks for the earnings note. It's 5/2 amc.
- Henry: @coldevinc $OCLR How do you put a trailing stop above the high of the day?
- coldevinc: @Henry $OCLR when it gets there, or above, not right now. Will be watching stock to see what it does. This one you have to watch. It is a rascal stock.
- Henry: @coldevinc $OCLR gotcha
- woodman: @Henry $OCLR - LOL! I was wondering same thing and thought I was missing something.
- tigerjohn8: @Bridget $XHB $ELLI $MCHP $AMT $AZPN $EDU $SMG $BIDU $SHOP $TTWO $TEAM $GM $F $STMP $CTRP $GLNG $FNSR $OCLR $LITE $NFLX $EOG Thank you Bridget. Very helpful
- woodman: @cmac $AAOI $GLW $LITE - $OCLR weak too, trying to stay above the 200 day. I bought a little yesterday but not looking so good here.
- Bridget: Notes: $XHB - breaking out $ELLI working $MCHP - break out on good volume $AMT - working $AZPN - new high out of squeeze $EDU - breakout on volume. Could be the start of an earnings run. $SMG - solid breakout on volume. ER on 5/2 $BIDU - big move on news of their autonomous driving program Apollo $SHOP - new high. Stair step pattern continues $TTWO - breakout to new high out of squeeze on good volume $TEAM - finally holding above $30 $GM $F - basing $STMP - finding support at 200MA $CTRP - bearish engulfing, break of the 50DMA and lower BB. Very bearish move $GLNG - looks like a short set up $FNSR - optical stocks are still getting sold hard $OCLR $LITE $NFLX - broke support $EOG - also breaking support
- Sher: $OCLR - Bullish engulfing candlestick, today - Think yesterday's low of $8.49 marks temporary bottom - Earnings are 5/2/17 A/C - Estimates are as follow: Current Quarter vs. Prior Year: For the third quarter 2017, analysts estimate OCLR will earn $0.20 non-GAAP per share, an increase of 556.67% over the prior year third quarter non-GAAP results. Current Quarter vs. Prior Year: For the third quarter 2017, analysts estimate OCLR will generate revenues of $160.2M, an increase of 58.53% over the prior year third quarter results. Own small share position - Considering EOD add if price holds.
- issues: @Sher $OCLR Thanks. Bought $LITE instead. (Small starter position)
- indigo1948: @Sher $OCLR - thank you for the information Sher - I have a full position on this issue and consider it a long term hold - very good company that has excellent prospects.
- woodman: @Sher $OCLR - I bought back some shares today.
|Stock Price||$USD 8.30|
Oclaro Inc., provides high-performance core optical network components, modules and subsystems to global telecommunications equipment manufacturers.Request Video of OCLR
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 1st, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 32.23 22.06%
- $USD 9.68 21.47%
- $USD 7.33 7.80%
- $USD 22.32 -17.88%
- $USD 8.30 -17.22%
- $USD 40.93 -15.54%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!