NetEase Inc. (NASDAQ:NTES)
Old Forum Content for NTESMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $MELI . $NTES . These are both very strong and are going much higher. NTES target $450+ . MELI $370 Not a buy day but don't lose track. Look at the weekly charts. Early breakouts. Hardest thing to do is hold a winner. Long leap call spreads.
- bRobert: $NTES Some resistance near top of range. Sold some premium against Leap calls. IF NTES clears $375 area, targets raised to $480+ long term. Not straight up. Should be interesting
- bRobert: $NTES Sold some premium against Leap calls
18. $NTES – Another Monday stock. “This works...with a stop below $310.” Now testing the November high. Looks like $360 is where the sellers are.
19. $FCX – covered last night. Breakout continuing. Up 16% in 6 trading da ...
- traderbren: $NTES - looking constructive. Looking for it to clear $345ish
- bRobert: $NTES VERY strong. Long leap calls Started with a double bottom 90+ points ago
- bRobert: $NTES phase 3.
- traderbren: $NTES -- looking constructive here. Long Calls.
- rck89: $NTES any new thoughts on this stock?
- spmeyers: @rck89 $NTES bought for my long term acct last week; near term direction not clear
- bRobert: @spmeyers $NTES In no man's land for new entry. Long term hold from well below
- bRobert: $NTES 20d bounce. Long leap call spreads
- bRobert: $NTES 5 min c&h target $345
- spmeyers: @Joshuajab $tcehy I like $YY better, or $NTES; more clear support
- bRobert: $NTES squeeze out on 5min chart
- bRobert: $NTES Gap filled. Low risk entry just below today's low. Long leaps
- rck89: $NTES So what to do with this stock, rhrn? Thoughts, please.
- bRobert: @rck89 $NTES What are you looking to do? What's your time frame Consolidating huge move. Higher risk buy. Stop just below $340 beginning of gap. If you owned before pop, you should have taken some profits at the very least.
- rck89: @bRobert $NTES I've owned the stock from the mid $200s - nice gains. Don't know if they should be a long term hold or not?
2. $NTES – per Thursday night…Breakaway gap is continuing. Daily chart makes it look late…but weekly chart looks ok.
3. $GOOS – IPO continuing its move. This is a power move. 11/9 spike on massive volume…and now e ...
- Robert1965: $NTES up to $342.+ in in PM
- bRobert: $NTES nh . Target $375+. Getting closer
- Robert1965: @bRobert $NTES Nice call
- bRobert: $NTES Rolling up deep ITM leap calls to OTM leap call spread ( 1/2 position)
- Bridget: #Notes: $XRT - big up day for once with $ROST $ANF $WMT $FL all moving higher after earnings. $ULTA $FIVE $OLLI and $LULU also moving higher $XLY - also breaking out to a new high $XOP - seems to have found a bottom after this sell off $TSCO - coming out of a cup and handle $KR - coming out of this base going into earnings $WGO $THO - breaking higher $NTES - huge move on increasing volume $CGNX - is this on the growth stock list? $MAR - working $PVH - breakout, ER on 11/30 $URI - new high on volume $CHRW - shot across the bow $CMI - back down at the 200dMA $AMAT $LRCX - failed breakouts $COPA - alert at $134.5 $GOOS - ipo hitting new highs
- bRobert: @Bridget $XRT $ROST $ANF $WMT $FL $ULTA $FIVE $OLLI $LULU $XLY $XOP $TSCO $KR $WGO $THO $NTES $CGNX $MAR $PVH $URI $CHRW $CMI $AMAT $LRCX $COPA $GOOS #Notes The best entry for CPA was on a bounce off the bottom of the descending channel. MACD and adx crossover . Weekly chart squeeze. Strong revenue growth. Long
- bRobert: $NTES top of range. Stops tightened. Long term target $390
- bRobert: $NTES raising trailing stops
- bRobert: $NTES sloppy cup/handle on daily. Has traded sideways most of 2017. preparing for next stage
- bRobert: $NTES Tight daily squeeze. This was a very good 59 minute trade + with easily defined rsik
- Cwaniak: @bRobert $NTES Woodman, what is not working today? Haha
- woodman: @Cwaniak $NTES - $BITA is one that isn't. I think you meant to post under mine for $WIFI. You don't like $WIFI?
- bRobert: @Cwaniak $NTES Days like this stress the importance of not being 100% out of the market. Manage risk but be involved. Yes a rising tide lifts all boats. But the best boats tend to rise the most.
- Cwaniak: @woodman $NTES $BITA $WIFI LOL. Yes, $WIFI I do not like... negative EPS
- Cwaniak: @bRobert $NTES Very good point Robert. I am almost fully invested in the market. I recognised my mistake next day I posted my bearish comments. I am market follower with very short time horizon.
- woodman: @Cwaniak $NTES $BITA $WIFI - trade the chart and you'll l like it more. I couldn't care less about its EPS.
- bRobert: $NTES Power move. Triggered measured move target $375. Not straight up.
10. $NTES – twice average volume. Breakaway gap is continuing….but needs to clear June high.
11. $WB – sloppy squeeze breakout.
12. $ROKU – use this strength to get out. What’s the potential upside vs. downside?
- bRobert: $CSCO $NTES report tonight. Interested to see CSCO transformation from all hardware to a higher margin software mix. eg cybersecurity. Old dog with new tricks like INTC MSFT. Long Leap call spreads. NTES Increasing its online retail business as a complement to gaming software sales
- bRobert: $NTES Reports 11/15. Binary result. Very high potential targets (330, 370) but no edge.
- rck89: $NTES Any thoughts on this stock into earnings?
- bRobert: @rck89 $NTES No edge in the short term. High risk binary event. Long term bullish. Expanding its e-commerce business . Easier to trade/own other names in the space. until earnings hurdle crossed. eg WB . BABA . JD
- rck89: @bRobert $NTES Thank you. Inclined to hold a small position through earning.
- bRobert: $NTES phase 2
- bRobert: $MELI . $NTES . $WB Holding up well. MELI has lots of potential above $275. NTES .Successful double botton trade , looking for more. IF it hurdles earnings 11/15 . targets $335 then . $350+ WB next leg
- Ottawagreg: @bRobert $MELI $NTES $WB The smart money for $WB was yesterday. Second smartest is today. I did not see the gap up and missed it yeterday. Got in today below the intro-day high. Hopefully it runs like it did this summer.
- bRobert: @Ottawagreg $MELI $NTES $WB No the smartest money was on earnings gap down/reversal . 59 min trade. I have a substantial profit and took some off the table.. Yes , the easy money was made. but there is still more in the tank.
- bRobert: $NTES strong follow through. Target 1 $335 Target 2 $370 long term not straight up
- bRobert: $NTES Watching for follow through. Target $335. Will look to add to leap calls
- bRobert: $NTES ADX >20. Squeeze breakout day 2.
- bRobert: $NTES Up large premarket. Venture into e commerce. Target 1 $305. Long leap calls
- bRobert: $NTES Target 1 305 hit. Stops raised
- rck89: $NTES Just back in the office and see a $NTES move. Seems like a real breakout from a squeeze. Any new "technical" thoughts?
- rck89: $NTES Just back in the office and see a $NTES move. Seems like a real breakout from a squeeze. Any new "technical" thoughts?
- bRobert: @rck89 $NTES Target $305 met. Weekly chart top of range around $316. Easy money made from 255 - 308. May run into earnings. Took profits via Rolled up call positions. Will not carry over earnings without proper hedge.
Forexpro: @rck89 $NTES
Here's hoping that you're doing well. The proximate cause of the move came earlier today, or so it seems (courtesy of TheFlyontheWall.com, via IB):
"08:49 EDT Goldman Sachs analyst Fan Liu noted that NetEase's just-la ...
- rck89: @Forexpro $NTES Thank you for your usual sage comments! I've been holding a BuCS - BTO $NTES Nov 280/ 300 @4.85 db - and had a GTC order in at 19, which didn't get hit this a.m. Of course, I was out working at the open so not able to adjust. So do I THMAR rhrn, or play the option decay game, assuming the stock stays above 300. Your thoughts, please.
Forexpro: @rck89 $NTES
Great Questions, Rck89,
And I wish that I had a better crystal ball. Given the math of spreads, with your short call closer to being at the money, it's going to bleed premium faster than your long call, which is now farther away, will ...
- rck89: $NTES STC $NTES Nov 280/300 BuCS @ 18.10 cr...BTO @4.858db. Just sold half of my position, waiting to see if the stock loses above 300. Decided that option decay really doesn't help!
- rck89: @Forexpro $NTES Just so your post....probably would have sold all of my position had I seen it! Now I'm really lost, but not panicking - at least not too much!
- Forexpro: @rck89 $NTES Nah, Rck89, A partial is very likely the best way to approach it. I hate, absolutely hate, giving money back, but in the current environment, and given the stock's chart, this move way very well not be over, and more would be better. You've booked some profits, which is great; here's to good results with your residual position.
- bRobert: $NTES WEEKLY MACD cross ADX >20
- rck89: $NTES Just closed balance of $NTES BuPS. STC $NTES Nov 280/300 BuCS @18cr....BTO @4.858db. So why gamble with a shortly maturity spread? In fact, my new rule is "no more gambling"...until the next time!
- Forexpro: @rck89 $NTES Congrats, Rck89, It's only gambling when it doesn't work. If it does, it's a prudent speculation. Nice speculatin'. On to the next!
- rck89: @Forexpro $NTES This is what I've been telling (lying) to myself for years!
- bRobert: $NTES Potential Target $335.
- bRobert: $NTES Noose tightening
- rck89: $NTES So is this dog - oops, I mean stock - finally starting its earnings run? Any thoughts? Thanks.
- bRobert: @rck89 $NTES This dog has made a 20 point move for me. Earnings 11/15 I hope this breaks out before earnings. I will not carry it otherwise. Last time this formation crapped on earnings.
- rck89: @bRobert $NTES Twenty (20) points qualifies as a great trade. Congrats! I'm holding a fairly large $NTES Nov 280/300 BuCS @ 4.858 db, so it had better break-out for real pretty soon!
- bRobert: $NTES In a tight trading range. Top of range. No edge for new entry until breaks out or trades to bottom of range for low risk entry. Otherwise you risk getting nicked and bruised. My entry was a double bottom trade from below.
- rck89: @bRobert $NTES This stock ($NTES) just can't seem to break above its 200 dma! Guess we'll have to wait for earnings. Am I missing something?
- bRobert: $NTES tight trading range.
- bRobert: $NTES Tight consolidation. Starting to squeeze. Long calls from below. Looking for run into earnings 11/15
- bRobert: $NTES Noose tightening. Room to run until earnings crap shoot 11/15
- rck89: $NTES Any thoughts on this "almost" squeeze (BBs less than 6%)? This has really not been one of DAN's favs!
- bRobert: @rck89 $NTES I'm long calls from 260 double bottom area. This has been a profitable trade for me. Looking for more. Resolution of this squeeze will determine the next phase. My only edge here is profitability and stops. Earnings are far enough out. Expect a bit more of a run. There are easier stocks to trade .
- bRobert: $NTES Looking for higher high. $285 Break above down channel.
- bRobert: $NTES Higher low. Looking for higher high. Tight consolidation above 50d Long calls from below. Stop under 50d . 272.60 . Wil add above $280
- bRobert: $NTES inverse h&s target $305 .ish. Neckline . $280ish Head 255 . 280 - 255 . = 25 + 280 .= $305 . raising trailing stop on call position .
- MtChet: @bRobert $NTES - Careful, I see a H&S forming on the weekly chart
- bRobert: $NTES Tight consolidation above 50d. Higher highs/lows, Weekly sideways consolidation High growth story . Long small call position. Will add with further levitation.
- Cwaniak: @bRobert $NTES Robert - you are tireless posting stocks idea. It is really hard to keep up with you. Thanks
- bRobert: @Cwaniak $NTES It's an a la cart menu. Pick what suits you. Your risk profile, trading style, time frame. This isn't one size fits all. I don't own them all. Some are in a similar industry to my employees, but are at better buy points.
$NTES – “Does a counter-trend trade in this stock make any sense? The stock has been a real laggard for the past several weeks. Your thoughts, please. Thanks.” There is no trade here now. Stock is in a basing pattern on declin ...
- bRobert: $NTES Counter trend setup into earnings (NOV ) Target $305 Putting in higher highs/lows. Starter. Stop below 50d
5. $NTES – below 200-day moving average is not good.
6. $SINA – testing 50-day MA in series of lower lows. Not good price movement.
$SPX – blow-off? Probably. But think about how much you can lose if that happens vs. ...
- bRobert: $NTES bounce off support. Battle lines easily defined. Target 1 $295+ . Long calls
- bRobert: $BIIB $VRTX $NTES biib Breakout contines VRTX threatening breakout. NTES target 1 295.
- DAN: @bRobert $BIIB $VRTX $NTES Watching VRTX very closely.
- bRobert: $NTES above 50d. 200d next . ADX cross on weekly. $300 target . Earnings next month
- bRobert: $NTES Waiting for NTES to rise above 50/200 to initiate call spread . I .think it will run into earnings .
- bRobert: $NTES Basing just below 50/200d.. Waiting for break above
- bRobert: $NTES Very good fundamentals. Weekly chart and long term view my play. Current pattern looks similar to last year prior to breakout. Has traded sideways for 2017. Double bottom bounce. ADX cross . Consolidating just below 50/200d on daily. Things will get clearer when stock takes these out and momentum builds Target $320.
- bRobert: $NTES Inverse head &shoulder setup. Trigger above $278 . (50/200d) . Target around $300. Results may vary.
- bRobert: $VRTX . $NTES vrtx bounce off 50d . ntes flag. Will add above 295
- bRobert: $Ntes Big pop out of tight consolidation
- haroldzero: $NTES 2 big vol. day, small start $300 Oct call.
- bRobert: $NTES completed $40 measured move. Sold put hedges. Bought back short calls. Still long holding stock
- Bridget: Notes: Many stocks breaking down from squeezes. $IWM and RUT hit hard. VIX up big. Market is looking very toppy. $XLF doesn't look too bad but $KRE is much worse $XLI and $XHB breaking down Breaking down- $W $NTES $CRM $BX $AMGN $IBB $CELG $SMH, also $AVGO $TTD $ARCC $GLW $MDSO $MELI $VEEV IPOs INVH PLNT
|Stock Price||$USD 317.95|
NetEase Inc is a China-based Internet technology company, which is engaged in the development of applications, services and other technologies for the Internet in China.Request Video of NTES
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 9th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 8.87 32.64%
- $USD 57.18 19.86%
- $USD 36.98 17.45%
- $USD 16.42 -21.85%
- $USD 24.81 -20.52%
- $USD 10.19 -9.54%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 54,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (54,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!