Fairmount Santrol Holdings Inc. (NYSE:FMSA)
Old Forum Content for FMSAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $FMSA Target 1 $6.60 then $8 with sustained move
- champ: $SLCA $HCLP $SND $EMES ----- These.. 4 #Sand suppliers #drop from their recent highs around 11/10 thru 13th but these 2 are on their recent, 6 month #highs RHRN... $FMSA and $CRR, with this heavy travel week, thats going on now...I'm guessing that the Oil inventory numbers, should drop again next week. So for that reason, I was thinking this could be good place, to add back all of my trading positions, that I sold near the highs... and I did this morning and 4 were at lower prices.
- champ: $FMSA @ $5.26 up 6%.... this #Sand supplier was also strong today and their has been M&A news about Sibelco, one of the largest #Sand supplies in the World, out of Belgium and they were founded in 1872 ....they are a major Glass producer.....they are considering buying and they have approached $FMSA but they are saying no comment....be Aware.
- bRobert: $FMSA $SLCA $EMES Sands setting up with nice charts and high targets FMSA target 1 $7.5+ SLCA target 1 $42 EMES target 1 $13
- bRobert: $FMSA alert > $5.25 . Target $8
- bRobert: $FMSA targets $6.5, $7.5 Alert > 5.2
- champ: $SND nice beat this morning and most #Sand suppliers are kicking A.. this morning...$SLCA and others like $EMES $FMSA but they will all zig-zag and that you can count on.... as they do the Texas two step.. in the Permian Basin, on the slow climb higher.
- champ: @Robert1965 $SLCA ---- I have not sold and I'm not going to sell any of my $Sand suppliers positions. I have over a full size position RHRN. I'm watching and waiting too add but now that earnings are over with...its really hard to know or not if this ...
- bRobert: $FMSA FMSA earnings pop. Nicelong term option proxy
- woodman: $FMSA $SLCA moving.
- champ: $FMSA is up over 13%...#Sand supplier...
- bRobert: @champ $FMSA #Sand This will be a huge winner. Cheap stock is Option proxy
- success: @bRobert $FMSA #Sand I wanted to send a quick thank you for all your posts . . trying to keep up with you is a challenge as it would appear you have a large set of stocks / options you follow . . or some really good screens . . thanks again
- champ: @bRobert $FMSA #Sand ---- I have been trading this stock, for about a year now and I'm in with size on that August low, on this stock and also on all the others....that I have been posting about....you were saying I was too early but it has work out, ...
- champ: $HCLP @ $8.95 on the close....#Sand Supplier ---- However, bounced higher on News in the AH's and is now zig-zagging around $9.90 up over 14%. The News is that they... initiated a #New Dividend and also...Announced a #New stock buy back program. This is really #Positive news for the #Sand suppliers...coming out before their earnings release on 10/31. This positive News could kick all the other names higher tomorrow. This is now pointing out that, earnings are improving on this stock and all the other names in the Hydraulic #Sand fracturing supplier sector.....all are going into earnings. $SLCA $FMSA $EMES $CRR $SND
- geotheo: @champ $HCLP $SLCA $FMSA $EMES $CRR $SND #Sand #New #New #Positive #Sand #Sand $CRR was patiently waiting for this to touch ~$6.30. Hopefully, this news doesn't effect the others just yet, so I can get my price.
- champ: @geotheo $HCLP $SLCA $FMSA $EMES $CRR $SND--- On $CRR I'm holding a position and if it drops I will add but as of now... it looks like Oil is going to bounce in the morning. They will be the first to report earnings on 10/26/AM confirmed. LOL
- champ: $FMSA hanging around this $5.00 level again, for the third time in 2-weeks...this zig-zagger will break thru this level, at some point.....and because I'm in no real hurry, I will just hang around and wait. The News today is...KeyBanc Capitol Market ...
- champ: $SAND suppliers are turning green...$FMSA $SLCA....all are now green.
- champ: $FMSA --- Their was News about a report, that they could be thinking about accepting a bid from Sibelco....and that News bounced all the #Sand stocks. It looks like many investor are watching all of these stocks for any News....so they can load the boat on these stocks. Positive News, will shoot these stocks up, much higher, really high but know one knowns when thats going to happen and I'm still holding but I did sell 30% of $FMSA on the high today but I will add back. This news was reported by briefing.com @ 12:19 ET.
- bRobert: $FMSA flag. trigger 5.1 target $7.5 Some sand players bounced today. Looking for higher lows/ highs to confirm that the uptrend is intact and add to positions. As champ pointed out, strong moves off intraday lows in several energy names. Some of this underlying support is provided by traders underweight energy who missed the initial move. The thesis of a long term uptrend in energy still needs to be confirmed.
- champ: @bRobert $FMSA ---- All of the #Sand names are the biggest zig-zaggers, in the market....and I have a very large Spec position in $FMAS because of its market cap size and volume is not bad..... and also because they have sand,for all products ...plus fracking...nice green bar on the close...on 5 minute chart. This is a lagger, for its market cap size, I'm thinking but I might be early and it could be that only a few are thinking that way, at this time....but I can wait..
- bRobert: @champ $FMSA $FMAS #Sand If the move in energy is sustained the sands and rail cars will move in multiples. That's how I played it several years ago. They were huge momentum names and threw off big dividends to boot. I rode FMSA up to 13 and reloaded recently. I also have long term call spreads in SLCA MAR 30 - 40 call spread. Cost $2 and CRR stock/calls
- champ: @SMMReif82 $SND --- You also need to look at the High on the open that was $8.00, because the stock bounced on volume of 181,000 shares on the first 15 minute. Then sellers sold because of News and that started at 9:45 ET and lasted for only 1 1/2 h ...
- champ: $FMAS --- $CRR.... Volume.... is just about double the daily average, this is really positive, going forward. $FMSA ....volume is also very strong and this stock is now up 4%....I posted that I double my position size on both. However, I will say again that these #Sand positions are only for investor, who are going to hold, not trade... because they zig-zag like crazy. Now $SND is moving up a little. Many weak players and traders in these stocks but sooner or later, they will lose their $$$ and get out of the way.
- singlemalt: @champ $FMAS $CRR $FMSA $SND #Sand Been watching $CRR a long long time. Proprietary ceramic proppant (ie: expensive) used in deep high stress frac jobs won't crush. Moving into foundries and other businesses to widen their customer base. This is as Champ says for longer term holders, but if oil can hold onto the 50's and maybe even higher, the Gulf ($RIG) will really benefit.
- champ: #Sand and #EnergyPositions Update as of today 9/27 ----- $Sand positions ...$SLCA $EMES $HCLP $CRR $FMSA $SND $FRAC --- Energy positions....$PXD $APC $FANG $CXO $XEC $XOM $PDCE $PDS $SLB $TK $WPZ $PAGP $KMI $MDR....I have core positions and trading positions in many of these names and I have been adding to most all these positions....I have #NOT deleted any positions and these are all Hold and Wait to be Reward positions.....all are Investments and I started building on the lows.
- champ: $FMSA @ $4.18----- Added 1/3 ...stop right around entry.
- champ: $FMSA @ $4.79 now and has bounced $0.61 now of the low of $4.18 and thats a big number. --- Don't over look this stock because I'm guessing that this stock will #OutPreform in the short term and if you miss this move, it might run away from you. I added yesterday an today and for me, I doubled my position size. This is my #2 pick, for the long term but is my #1 pick for the #Short term. My #1 pick is $SLCA. The price of WTI-Oil is at $52.12 and thats only off $0.08 RHRN from HOD after the markets opened...not bad, not bad at all because the EIA number was not bad and was actually positive.
- tigerjohn8: $FMSA bought small position Friday after reading chatter about it in this forum. Up 15% in a couple days. My position is so small that taking half isn't worth it so I guess I'll put a trailing stop on it Any suggestions appreciated
- bRobert: @tigerjohn8 $FMSA What's your time frame? The stock has double in less than a month. But if you look at the long term chart you'll see that this was trading 3X higher in Jan. Is it worth it to you to try and jump in and out? Your position is small, so trading around a core may not be worth it. The long term prospects for this sector are high.
- champ: @tigerjohn8 $FMSA up around 7-10% ---- I own all the #Sand suppliers......and I added to a large position in $FMSA yesterday because it kinda looks like they are now... finely turning. More bang for your... $$$ also...because of the low stock price and I like all the names at these low levels and I will keep saying ....that these stocks are All hold and Wait to be Rewarded position.... because all of these stocks have major zig-zags as they #Slowly climb higher.....6 ticks up and then 5 ticks down. The zig-zags will drive you crazy but if you drink a little, it makes it... a little easier. It doesn't bother me.....just saying.
- woodman: @tigerjohn8 $FMSA - You could add on pullbacks to short term moving averages (e.g. 5 or 8dEMAs). Also, stagger those kinds of adds with another ticker or two in the sand/oil patch. The entire sector is on the move and many charts look the same. I bought $WLL today, to go with my sand stocks $FMSA and $SLCA.
- tigerjohn8: @tigerjohn8 $FMSA Thanks guys! (I of course have a stop loss on it.) Otherwise will check out adding another name.
- champ: @issues --- $SND $EMES $HCLP $SLCA $CRR $FMSA ---#HowSand is used ---- You had a post the other day on these stocks 9/15 and you said that you check out this company, $SND and they were in the Chemical specialty group. The name of the company is Smar ...
- tejas7: $FMSA entry
- woodman: $FMSA - I didn't buy enough. Yeesh.
- bRobert: @woodman $FMSA You'll have more chances.
- champ: $USO ---- #SandSuppliers Info ---Oil @ $50.38 is around HOD, as expected but its going to zig-zag.....futures are @ $50.73. #Sand suppliers are all on the move and most are all doubles within the next 4-6 months, is my #guess....but $SLCA, will take ...
- woodman: @bRobert $SLCA ... and $CRR. I bought some $FMSA after our posts earlier today.
- bRobert: @woodman $SLCA $CRR $FMSA FMSA . own a bit. Like infinite time call option
- bRobert: $CRR $FMSA $FRAC $SLCA $SND $HCLP Bottom fishing list of sand plays. Improving charts, Early
- champ: $SAND plays are on the move and some are up 4 - 8.22% and I'm still holding my positions in... $SLCA $EMES $FMSA $CRR $FRAC ...all on the lows and I'm watching all to add....at some point and I posted my entries on all.
- bRobert: $FMSA Frisky sand play. Others CRR SLCA SND Double bottom frac
- bRobert: $CRR $SLCA $FMSA Bottoming action in several sand plays. Paying closer attention
- champ: @bRobert $CRR $SLCA $FMSA ---- #Sand suppliers ....I'm long all 3, plus $EMES $HCLP and $FRAC on the lows on all.
- champ: $EMES $SLCA $FMSA.... all of the #Sand suppliers are bouncing today off of yesterdays lows and Most were at 52 week lows yesterday...all are now up around 6-17% RHRN and all reported earnings except $SND and they will report on 8/10.....I'm long $SL ...
- champ: $Sand stocks are all dropping this morning because their in more news about another #New mine by $FMSA in the Permian Basin....this news is spooking all the sand traders. Theirs not enough sand for that area because of all the drilling thats is going. All suppliers are dropping, even $FMSA. This is good news for traders because the low in these names are getting lower and lower, by the day and will be buys , sometime soon but for now these are names that you don't want to have positions in... at this time..
- champ: $SAND stocks are....all moving up and $FMSA is up over 6%...$SND is up over 5%.....oil is back up over $46 and is up $0.64 @ $46.13.
- champ: #SAND stocks are really on the move ...,.$FMSA is up over 13% $CRR up over 8% and the others are up 5 and 6% but $EMES is only up 3%
- champ: $SLCA $SND all the #Sand stock are still bouncing off their lows and that started on 6/20....I'm now long all 6 now and I started my own ETF #Sand....$CRR $HCLP $EMES $FMSA...and these will drive you crazy because they all Zig-Zag.....and I'm only watching $FRAC for now.
- stevef214: $CRR stopped out. Fracking sand suppliers still going down, $FMSA, $EMES
- champ: @stevef214 $CRR $FMSA --- All are going down...this should stop soon. However, the reason is.....its because traders are thinking that the falling Oil prices... could make the big Oil names cut back their capex budgets for drilling but its way to early for that to happen......but it doesn't really matter what I think or anyone else thinks for that matter....but thats the reason for today. Dropping because of those concerns....entry prices are getting better daily. More OPEC members will say something soon, the Saudi's have already said that they are exporting less oil to the U.S. in June than they did if May. These stocks are moving around like trading stocks but they are not, they are holds but its hard for traders to think that way....really hard.
- Motorman: @champ $CRR $FMSA Thanks, was looking at my sand positions and needed a reminder why I am holding.
- champ: @bRobert $SLCA ---- Hers a little #News on #Sand stocks ---- I'm probably going to swing and my reason why is the new #News....take a look at the #News in this stock and I know you posted yesterday. Also for all of the other many reasons why I'm loo ...
- champ: $BHI ---- Total rig count up another 16 rigs and the sand supplier were already on the move off of the lows that I posted about on 5/4...and my new buy $FRAC is leading the group higher up 8% and was even higher....I'm also holding $CRR $SND $FMSA $EMES and $HCLP on the lows that I posted about, going into the OPEC meeting next week..and President Trump will be meeting with the Saudi's....stopping their first and I don't know how they are going to spin this against him, spying or secrets, lets hope they take it easy on the President, for the good of the markets but Israel is next. I have set-up my own ETF with all of these names.
- stevef214: @champ $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $FMSA $SLCA #News $USO holding up even after the rig count numbers came out with 16 rigs added. This is bullish for oil also
- champ: @stevef214 $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $USO #News ---- Remember President Trump just opened up all WTI-Oil for exporting for all companies, not just $LNG. By rolling back EPA regulations.
- champ: @stevef214 #BullishNews for Oil and #5 of my reasons.--- $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $USO #News ---- I have a little time now and you asked about....this being bullish for oil....IMO theirs really only a few simple factors that would be ...
- champ: @issues $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $HCLP $FMSA ---- $SLCA @ $40.50 and this one is also going 50% higher. All the charts look good but $CRR has moved 50% now in just 10 trading days. Charts are important but its hard to pick a winner out of these ...
- tejas7: $SVXY STO Sept 70 put for 2.09 (only 1 fill at the open) Stopped out at profit in $EMES. out flat in $FMSA, $CGNX. Almost 80% cash in trading account now. Waiting for new opportunities. @Dan's Cisco trade on my mind.
- tejas7: $FMSA I started after @Champ's posts. It is working. Doubled my position. Stop raised to 5.40 (breakeven for original position)
- champ: @tejas7 $EMES ---- #News on the sector.....I'm thinking that this could be, just the start of a nice run but these stocks are zig-zaggers and are holds at this point... off of the new #News about the 9-month extension from OPEC and Russia on the prod ...
- champ: $USO ---- #EnergyTradingThoughts with a few names for possible trades. The recent low in WTI-Oil was on 5/5, the inter-day flash low was @ $43.76 and the closing low was @$46.22 on 5/5. This appears to be the recent low and could be the new bottom an ...
- champ: @tejas7 --- $EMES $CRR $HCLP $FMSA... maybe I should have said that I'm going to hold these stocks until the OPEC meeting... because I believe that they will report some type of positive news. These stocks are zig-zaggers but all the stocks in the sector should have a floor under them until that meeting, on Thursday 5/25....then I will take another look.
- champ: $FMSA @ $5.50 ---- I'm holding a....Spec position from the other day ...I'm going to add to this lagger.
- champ: $CRR $7.70 + 14% for now, I posted on 4/27...and I'm still holding my long oversize Spec position @ $6.90....all the Fracking Sand companies are now moving up.....the lows could now be in ...$EMES 6.7% $FMSA 13.4% $HCLP 3.8%....all have now reported earnings and all said they have really strong demand and were raising prices....and have been gearing up for full production....I have long swing position on all...after earnings on each, of these stocks and I will be adding to all, at some point. $CRR is my largest position for now and I'm @ 3 full position but I like all of these stocks better, than most of the big Oil names...long term core positions....and I'm sure all will zig-zag.
- champ: $FMSA @ $5.35 --- Going in with size...this is the lagger and really dropped for ....No good reason. Also they are the last one to report on 5/4 but $SND reports on 5/11....#fracking sand
- champ: #FrackingSandCompanies ----$SLCA.....Beat on earnings and revenues....they are the first sand fracking/driller supplier of sand to report earnings....and they said that in the Oil and Gas segment; they had an sand increase of 18% more tons of sand de ...
- champ: $HCLP another nice move again today...I have been posting on the frackers and they have all been bouncing off that low that recent low that was on 3/22....and should continue, just like that last move....going into the the start of the drilling seaso ...
- woodman: @champ $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA - Interesting spot for $XOP. It is at the top of its months-long well-defined descending channel, with the 200 day just above. It would be a nice sign to get up through these to show the downtrend is over. $XLE is only about 2/3 of the way back up to the top of its defined descending channel. I'm watching these broad ETFs for further clues in the oil patch.
- champ: @woodman $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA $XOP $XLE --- Yes, many clues out there....but the simple clue could be...that everything is turning...IMO we have already have had many clues....you don't really want to be buying when others start taking profits arou ...
- Esther: @champ $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA $XOP $XLE Do you think it is safe to add to my $HAL? I bought it yesterday without a lot of conviction about where the stock is but believing that it will go up over time. I didn't want to miss the upward move. I traded this badly in 2015 and am looking to do it right this time.
- woodman: @champ $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA $XOP $XLE - thanks. I've been hiding out mostly in semiconductor and other tech names which, for the most part, haven't zigged or zagged as much as they've but going from lower left to upper right. Good result, less guessing, less waiting, and still working. I'm resigned to the fact that I rarely get anything at THE bottom or sell anything at THE top. Nonetheless, the likes of $EMES, $CRR and $FMSA certainly catch my eye today. Thanks for your continued posts on these types. Much appreciated.
- woodman: @champ $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA $XOP $XLE - I meant to say I started a small position in $EMES this afternoon. Late in the day after such a move so I will probably be met with a pullback by day's end or tomorrow, but gotta start somewhere.
- champ: @Esther $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA $XOP $XLE $HAL --- On $HAL you had a good entry on the low yesterday...they had a company up-date on 3/24 ...I didn't read it but you should, if you haven't already...be aware of earnings on 4/24. I play golf with an attorney and his son just got laid off....he works on the North Slope and lives in Monterey, Ca and was working 2-week on and 2-weeks off and lived in the drilling camps up their but I have not talked to him..oil companies are leaving some wells idle and mostly are only working rigs in the top areas like the Permian Basin which is #1 and #2 is the Eagle Ford but their are others. The bottom line is I have not done any work on Hal...sorry... but it should be OK for a short term trade. LOL
- Robert1965: $EMES $FMSA both are up 9% and 6% these were a trade of @champ a while back can't find any news
- champ: $FMSA @ $7.85 ---- Back in this morning....
- Robert1965: @champ $FMSA What did see that made you get back in.
- Robert1965: $FMSA Just got stopped out at $9.10
- champ: $PBR up 5% is the leader and $FMSA is leading the Frackers...up 5.7%...I'm holding way too many positions
- woodman: $CRR $EMES $FMSA $SLCA ($HCLP but not much) #Fracking - bouncing after big pullbacks.
- Sher: @woodman $CRR $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $HCLP #Fracking - Are you in any of these?
- woodman: @Sher $CRR $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $HCLP #Fracking - Only $CRR which I bought today.
- Robert1965: @champ $FMSA have you added to this on the bounce, looks like a earnings run, a I am thinking up to $11.50, then a drop, like $EMES, your thoughts
- Sher: @woodman $CRR $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $HCLP #Fracking - Thank-you ...
- champ: @Robert1965 $FMSA $EMES ---- Yes, thats they way I'm playing it.... earnings on 3/9/PM. The nice buy was yesterday at $9.40 but know one really knowns whats going on...you just never can till...but all the frackers should be safe.... until their earnings...is my guess....and I will be adding again...but I just don't know when....I own all the frackers at this point....except $SLCA and I might take a position...after 3/9. $FMSA has a market cap of #2.. $2.1b and #1..is $SLCA at $4.1b... #3... is $HCLP at $1.1b ...#4.. is $EMES $491m and #5 is $CRR at $355m....I haven't looked at $FRAC or $SND.
- Robert1965: @champ $FMSA Are you still in, looking for a rebound but so far none
- champ: @Robert1965 $FMSA --- Still holding the fracking stocks ...long term for me. Remember $FMAS reports on 3/7.....all hard to hold ...just takes time.
- champ: $FMSA @ $10.25 ....adding going into ER on 3/9/PM
- champ: @issues $EOG $CVX $SLB $APC $HCLP $EMES ----- I'm holding $EOG $CLR $FANG $COP $OXY $PXD $PBR $HCLP $EMES $FMSA $CRR $BHI $NOV $ALJ $PBF $ETP $KMI $WPZ $NAT in the entry sector...I could have missed a couple. Watching many others...
- champ: @Motorman $EMES --- You know anything can happen with this ...I only have a very small position....my play is with another 1/3 size position with $FMSA.
- woodman: #Fracking - $SLCA $FMSA pullbacks could open up some opportunities, eventually. Not today but keep on radar, particularly if they hold channel. $EMES, short term topped. Not pretty.
- tjv821: $fmsa anyone know why this is getting killed today??
- champ: @tjv821 $fmsa --- All of the Sand....Fracking stocks were up even more this morning on the open....and they started selling off because $SLCA was sell on the open or you could say sell on the News...because of the nice gains. $EMES was up 20% on the open... just from yesterday morning....no surprise that all sold off.....especially $SLCA and $EMES....I'm only holding 1/2 of $FMSA for now....but I'm watching to add back to some of the others.....traders had to take profits....you buy stocks to make profits....and when they come in faster than they really should ....you... Have... to back out....for awhile and just wait for a new Entry. LOL
- tjv821: @champ $fmsa $SLCA $EMES $FMSA ty for your response
- stevef214: @Bridget $BABA $FB $AMD $DOW $SLCA $GRMN $PWN $FISV $CNI $LNT $FMSA $MMM $QVCA $FSLA $CSIQ $JASO $JKS $SND $IRTC $PTHN $PEN $CNDT What do you think of $BABA today. It's down but holding the 8EMA? Is this a god place to add?
- champ: $EMES and $FMSA....could get another leg....
- woodman: @champ $EMES $FMSA - ugh, I thought about replacing my sold $HLCP (due to coming earnings) $$ with $FMSA yesterday, but didn't pull the trigger.
|Stock Price||$USD 4.67|
FMSA Holdings Inc is a provider of sand-based proppant solutions. Its business is organized into two segments: Proppant Solutions and Industrial & Recreational Products.Request Video of FMSA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- March 8th, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 13.95 5.76%
- $USD 50.69 1.33%
- $USD 56.56 0.78%
- $USD 25.14 -40.02%
- $USD 7.14 -37.32%
- $USD 6.45 -25.46%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!