Fairmount Santrol Holdings Inc. (NYSE:FMSA)
Old Forum Content for FMSAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- woodman: $FMSA pinching in a high angling wedge. Draw bottom from 8/28/17 and top from 11/2/17.
- champ: @woodman $FMSA --- Should keep working....drilling is even now picking up, in the Winter months, hard to believe but they added more rigs last week, mostly in the Permian Basin, I'm guessing ....and all of these stocks are zig-zaggers and I'm still holding, all of these long term positions...however, on a few days...its not really healthy to watch....traders move in and out of these stocks...Daily.
- woodman: $CRR out of flag; $SCLA same; $FMSA nearing same.
- woodman: @bRobert $SLCA - $FMSA out of a little flag too.
- bRobert: @woodman $SLCA $FMSA Flag day early this year
- woodman: $FMSA nice move through resistance today.
- woodman: $FMSA trying to move up out of congestion.
- champ: $UGAZ $72.75 ---- #UpDate My #EnergySectorPositions ---- The price of N-Gas will continue its bounce and the markets could see 3.10 - $3.20, as soon as next week. N-gas bounced thru $3.20 twice in November, in much warmer weather, that was actually w ...
- Ottawagreg: @woodman $SLCA I am watching this daily, and bit disappointed by it. $FMSA on the other had has made me a little Christmas cash
- woodman: @Ottawagreg $SLCA $FMSA - $FMSA is functioning better than $SLCA.
- bRobert: $FRAC $FMSA $SLCA Perky with high targets. $HAL breakout above W bottom.
- woodman: $SLCA - Pulling back hard off the top of 1.3 month downward channel (though still within a larger ascending channel) coinciding with the 200 day, whereas $FMSA and $SND have managed to make it through the 200 day.
- champ: @bRobert $SLCA #CopyCat #Sand --- $FMSA has a $0.74 M&A premium on the close of M&A...of that merger buy-out, of 3/4th of $FMSA, Tax free with Unimin Corp.....is the News.
- bRobert: $FMSA Trigger nh . Targfet 1 $8 . $SLCA next
- meched54: $FMSA HOUSTON (Reuters) - Fairmount Santrol Holdings Inc (FMSA.N) said on Tuesday it would sell itself to Unimin Corp in a cash-and-stock deal to create one of the largest suppliers of sand for use in hydraulic fracturing to shale oil and gas producers. The deal, which is expected to close by the middle of next year, will create a company with about $2 billion (£1.5 billion) in annual revenue and will supply more than 45 million tons of sand annually. The new company will also supply industrial coatings.
- bRobert: $FMSA Will add aggressively when >5.4 trigger Target $8. Long
- bRobert: $FMSA Ascending triangle setup /breakout . on deck.
- singlemalt: @bRobert $FMSA I'm an old geologist, and energy bull (when appropriate), so don't take this as negative. Just heard this morning a new attack on fracing: birth defects associated with frac sites. It'd have to be the associated chemicals leaking from a poor casing job would be my guess, if true at all. Point is, it could affect proppant co's to some degree. Or not. My pick of the litter is still $CRR, high cost proprietary ceramic used in deep high stress closure wells, ie: Gulf of Mexico. Looks like it's in a bullish flag pattern to me. May be more immune to this news.
- bRobert: $SLCA $FMSA I like the tight consolidation . Will add on bullish resolution
- woodman: $FMSA - sold the pop to resistance. Will look to buy it back.
- Nepenthe: @woodman $FMSA Wish I had done the same. I thought it might have been "the" break out until I read this, which might explain the high volume. Wonder now how this will play out. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/unimin-buy-shale-sand-supplier-151933916.html
- Bridget: #Notes: $XLF - move higher in banks $GS $MS $BAC $ALLY $WFC $XME - $GLD and $SLV way oversold, $FCX breaking out $MOS $POT $AGU - agriculture moving higher $STZ $MO $PM - sin stocks look tempting $MAC - reversal and breakout $FMSA - high volume, starting to breakout $MYL - good volume, coming out of squeeze $JNJ - big move higher on volume $BP - big move higher off support $STX - breaking higher $IBM - starting to move higher in this uptrend, good buy point $FFIV - flag and now a move higher $MSCI - big volume today, still in a squeze $TXN - in a squeeze $FSLR - starting to break here $CNP - breaking below the 200dMA
- bRobert: $FMSA trigger >$5.30 Target $8
- woodman: $FMSA - nearing Golden Cross.
- woodman: @bRobert $FMSA yes, without the fries.
- champ: @woodman $FMSA ---- $SLCA.... 4 upgrades last night and $MSA was one of them...
- bRobert: @woodman $FMSA Target $8 . Trigger >5.3
- TIPPYTWO: @champ $FMSA $SLCA $MSA Since you seem to harbor an interest in sand stocks, have you also kept an eye on $CRR? A quick look seems to indicate the proverbial GOLDEN CROSS taking shape.
- champ: @TIPPYTWO $FMSA $SLCA $CRR $EMES $SND $HCLP $SOI $FRCA and $EXP ---- I have postions in all the #Sand stocks and this Fracker...$FRAC. Click on #Sand and you will see my posts...LOL
- champ: @TIPPYTWO $FMSA $SLCA $MSA $CRR --- I forgot to say you should be careful when holding these stocks because they really zig-zag and if you are not long term you will take losses because you might be force out/ and most do get forced out ...so size is important, if your just starting out in this sector...think small, until you have profits.
- champ: @Forexpro $SLCA #CopyCat ---- OK, this explains this move. I knew about the bid on $FMSA but I did not #No that $SLCA was going to get involved. Thanks, for taking the time, I get a little nervous, when I don't know whats going on with one of my positions and this is a great reason not to sell. However, I already added to my trading position on this drop. Great Post...Thanks!
- Ottawagreg: @Forexpro $SLCA $FMSA The charts on both companies look good, with very tight compression 8 sma, 50 sma, 200sma inside or centered in the BBs. Am I to take your note that FMSA has offered a counter offer directly to SLCA? Both of these companies have major sand pit operations here where I live (home town is Ottawa, IL - silica sand capital of the world). Perhaps this is opportunity to by into both stocks. Any thoughts on that idea?
- bRobert: $FMSA Nice chart Target 1 $8
- champ: $SLCA ....All #Sand suppliers are green today....and this is....the #first day that they have been positive (green), when WTI - Oil is down....the very first time...so this has to be about the Tax Bill. I'm still holding $FMSA $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $SOI $FRAC and this company has one large divisions in this sector...$EXP and their 3 other divisions are also working, this company has all their divisions working ...take a look at their WebSite..they are out of Dalles,Tx.
- bRobert: $FMSA Did I say I really like this chart? Trigger $5.3 Target $8. Long. will add on trigger
- bRobert: $SLCA $FMSA $EMES Sand plays on move from lower end of channel. High targets
- bRobert: $FMSA Target $8.
- bRobert: $FMSA Target 1 $6.60 then $8 with sustained move
- champ: $SLCA $HCLP $SND $EMES ----- These.. 4 #Sand suppliers #drop from their recent highs around 11/10 thru 13th but these 2 are on their recent, 6 month #highs RHRN... $FMSA and $CRR, with this heavy travel week, thats going on now...I'm guessing that the Oil inventory numbers, should drop again next week. So for that reason, I was thinking this could be good place, to add back all of my trading positions, that I sold near the highs... and I did this morning and 4 were at lower prices.
- champ: $FMSA @ $5.26 up 6%.... this #Sand supplier was also strong today and their has been M&A news about Sibelco, one of the largest #Sand supplies in the World, out of Belgium and they were founded in 1872 ....they are a major Glass producer.....they are considering buying and they have approached $FMSA but they are saying no comment....be Aware.
- bRobert: $FMSA $SLCA $EMES Sands setting up with nice charts and high targets FMSA target 1 $7.5+ SLCA target 1 $42 EMES target 1 $13
- bRobert: $FMSA alert > $5.25 . Target $8
- bRobert: $FMSA targets $6.5, $7.5 Alert > 5.2
- champ: $SND nice beat this morning and most #Sand suppliers are kicking A.. this morning...$SLCA and others like $EMES $FMSA but they will all zig-zag and that you can count on.... as they do the Texas two step.. in the Permian Basin, on the slow climb higher.
- champ: @Robert1965 $SLCA ---- I have not sold and I'm not going to sell any of my $Sand suppliers positions. I have over a full size position RHRN. I'm watching and waiting too add but now that earnings are over with...its really hard to know or not if this ...
- bRobert: $FMSA FMSA earnings pop. Nicelong term option proxy
- woodman: $FMSA $SLCA moving.
- champ: $FMSA is up over 13%...#Sand supplier...
- bRobert: @champ $FMSA #Sand This will be a huge winner. Cheap stock is Option proxy
- success: @bRobert $FMSA #Sand I wanted to send a quick thank you for all your posts . . trying to keep up with you is a challenge as it would appear you have a large set of stocks / options you follow . . or some really good screens . . thanks again
- champ: @bRobert $FMSA #Sand ---- I have been trading this stock, for about a year now and I'm in with size on that August low, on this stock and also on all the others....that I have been posting about....you were saying I was too early but it has work out, ...
- champ: $HCLP @ $8.95 on the close....#Sand Supplier ---- However, bounced higher on News in the AH's and is now zig-zagging around $9.90 up over 14%. The News is that they... initiated a #New Dividend and also...Announced a #New stock buy back program. This is really #Positive news for the #Sand suppliers...coming out before their earnings release on 10/31. This positive News could kick all the other names higher tomorrow. This is now pointing out that, earnings are improving on this stock and all the other names in the Hydraulic #Sand fracturing supplier sector.....all are going into earnings. $SLCA $FMSA $EMES $CRR $SND
- geotheo: @champ $HCLP $SLCA $FMSA $EMES $CRR $SND #Sand #New #New #Positive #Sand #Sand $CRR was patiently waiting for this to touch ~$6.30. Hopefully, this news doesn't effect the others just yet, so I can get my price.
- champ: @geotheo $HCLP $SLCA $FMSA $EMES $CRR $SND--- On $CRR I'm holding a position and if it drops I will add but as of now... it looks like Oil is going to bounce in the morning. They will be the first to report earnings on 10/26/AM confirmed. LOL
- champ: $FMSA hanging around this $5.00 level again, for the third time in 2-weeks...this zig-zagger will break thru this level, at some point.....and because I'm in no real hurry, I will just hang around and wait. The News today is...KeyBanc Capitol Market ...
- champ: $SAND suppliers are turning green...$FMSA $SLCA....all are now green.
- champ: $FMSA --- Their was News about a report, that they could be thinking about accepting a bid from Sibelco....and that News bounced all the #Sand stocks. It looks like many investor are watching all of these stocks for any News....so they can load the boat on these stocks. Positive News, will shoot these stocks up, much higher, really high but know one knowns when thats going to happen and I'm still holding but I did sell 30% of $FMSA on the high today but I will add back. This news was reported by briefing.com @ 12:19 ET.
- bRobert: $FMSA flag. trigger 5.1 target $7.5 Some sand players bounced today. Looking for higher lows/ highs to confirm that the uptrend is intact and add to positions. As champ pointed out, strong moves off intraday lows in several energy names. Some of this underlying support is provided by traders underweight energy who missed the initial move. The thesis of a long term uptrend in energy still needs to be confirmed.
- champ: @bRobert $FMSA ---- All of the #Sand names are the biggest zig-zaggers, in the market....and I have a very large Spec position in $FMAS because of its market cap size and volume is not bad..... and also because they have sand,for all products ...plus fracking...nice green bar on the close...on 5 minute chart. This is a lagger, for its market cap size, I'm thinking but I might be early and it could be that only a few are thinking that way, at this time....but I can wait..
- bRobert: @champ $FMSA $FMAS #Sand If the move in energy is sustained the sands and rail cars will move in multiples. That's how I played it several years ago. They were huge momentum names and threw off big dividends to boot. I rode FMSA up to 13 and reloaded recently. I also have long term call spreads in SLCA MAR 30 - 40 call spread. Cost $2 and CRR stock/calls
- champ: @SMMReif82 $SND --- You also need to look at the High on the open that was $8.00, because the stock bounced on volume of 181,000 shares on the first 15 minute. Then sellers sold because of News and that started at 9:45 ET and lasted for only 1 1/2 h ...
- champ: $FMAS --- $CRR.... Volume.... is just about double the daily average, this is really positive, going forward. $FMSA ....volume is also very strong and this stock is now up 4%....I posted that I double my position size on both. However, I will say again that these #Sand positions are only for investor, who are going to hold, not trade... because they zig-zag like crazy. Now $SND is moving up a little. Many weak players and traders in these stocks but sooner or later, they will lose their $$$ and get out of the way.
- singlemalt: @champ $FMAS $CRR $FMSA $SND #Sand Been watching $CRR a long long time. Proprietary ceramic proppant (ie: expensive) used in deep high stress frac jobs won't crush. Moving into foundries and other businesses to widen their customer base. This is as Champ says for longer term holders, but if oil can hold onto the 50's and maybe even higher, the Gulf ($RIG) will really benefit.
- champ: #Sand and #EnergyPositions Update as of today 9/27 ----- $Sand positions ...$SLCA $EMES $HCLP $CRR $FMSA $SND $FRAC --- Energy positions....$PXD $APC $FANG $CXO $XEC $XOM $PDCE $PDS $SLB $TK $WPZ $PAGP $KMI $MDR....I have core positions and trading positions in many of these names and I have been adding to most all these positions....I have #NOT deleted any positions and these are all Hold and Wait to be Reward positions.....all are Investments and I started building on the lows.
- champ: $FMSA @ $4.18----- Added 1/3 ...stop right around entry.
- champ: $FMSA @ $4.79 now and has bounced $0.61 now of the low of $4.18 and thats a big number. --- Don't over look this stock because I'm guessing that this stock will #OutPreform in the short term and if you miss this move, it might run away from you. I added yesterday an today and for me, I doubled my position size. This is my #2 pick, for the long term but is my #1 pick for the #Short term. My #1 pick is $SLCA. The price of WTI-Oil is at $52.12 and thats only off $0.08 RHRN from HOD after the markets opened...not bad, not bad at all because the EIA number was not bad and was actually positive.
- tigerjohn8: $FMSA bought small position Friday after reading chatter about it in this forum. Up 15% in a couple days. My position is so small that taking half isn't worth it so I guess I'll put a trailing stop on it Any suggestions appreciated
- bRobert: @tigerjohn8 $FMSA What's your time frame? The stock has double in less than a month. But if you look at the long term chart you'll see that this was trading 3X higher in Jan. Is it worth it to you to try and jump in and out? Your position is small, so trading around a core may not be worth it. The long term prospects for this sector are high.
- champ: @tigerjohn8 $FMSA up around 7-10% ---- I own all the #Sand suppliers......and I added to a large position in $FMSA yesterday because it kinda looks like they are now... finely turning. More bang for your... $$$ also...because of the low stock price and I like all the names at these low levels and I will keep saying ....that these stocks are All hold and Wait to be Rewarded position.... because all of these stocks have major zig-zags as they #Slowly climb higher.....6 ticks up and then 5 ticks down. The zig-zags will drive you crazy but if you drink a little, it makes it... a little easier. It doesn't bother me.....just saying.
- woodman: @tigerjohn8 $FMSA - You could add on pullbacks to short term moving averages (e.g. 5 or 8dEMAs). Also, stagger those kinds of adds with another ticker or two in the sand/oil patch. The entire sector is on the move and many charts look the same. I bought $WLL today, to go with my sand stocks $FMSA and $SLCA.
- tigerjohn8: @tigerjohn8 $FMSA Thanks guys! (I of course have a stop loss on it.) Otherwise will check out adding another name.
- champ: @issues --- $SND $EMES $HCLP $SLCA $CRR $FMSA ---#HowSand is used ---- You had a post the other day on these stocks 9/15 and you said that you check out this company, $SND and they were in the Chemical specialty group. The name of the company is Smar ...
- tejas7: $FMSA entry
- woodman: $FMSA - I didn't buy enough. Yeesh.
- bRobert: @woodman $FMSA You'll have more chances.
- champ: $USO ---- #SandSuppliers Info ---Oil @ $50.38 is around HOD, as expected but its going to zig-zag.....futures are @ $50.73. #Sand suppliers are all on the move and most are all doubles within the next 4-6 months, is my #guess....but $SLCA, will take ...
- woodman: @bRobert $SLCA ... and $CRR. I bought some $FMSA after our posts earlier today.
- bRobert: @woodman $SLCA $CRR $FMSA FMSA . own a bit. Like infinite time call option
- bRobert: $CRR $FMSA $FRAC $SLCA $SND $HCLP Bottom fishing list of sand plays. Improving charts, Early
- champ: $SAND plays are on the move and some are up 4 - 8.22% and I'm still holding my positions in... $SLCA $EMES $FMSA $CRR $FRAC ...all on the lows and I'm watching all to add....at some point and I posted my entries on all.
- bRobert: $FMSA Frisky sand play. Others CRR SLCA SND Double bottom frac
- bRobert: $CRR $SLCA $FMSA Bottoming action in several sand plays. Paying closer attention
- champ: @bRobert $CRR $SLCA $FMSA ---- #Sand suppliers ....I'm long all 3, plus $EMES $HCLP and $FRAC on the lows on all.
- champ: $EMES $SLCA $FMSA.... all of the #Sand suppliers are bouncing today off of yesterdays lows and Most were at 52 week lows yesterday...all are now up around 6-17% RHRN and all reported earnings except $SND and they will report on 8/10.....I'm long $SL ...
- champ: $Sand stocks are all dropping this morning because their in more news about another #New mine by $FMSA in the Permian Basin....this news is spooking all the sand traders. Theirs not enough sand for that area because of all the drilling thats is going. All suppliers are dropping, even $FMSA. This is good news for traders because the low in these names are getting lower and lower, by the day and will be buys , sometime soon but for now these are names that you don't want to have positions in... at this time..
- champ: $SAND stocks are....all moving up and $FMSA is up over 6%...$SND is up over 5%.....oil is back up over $46 and is up $0.64 @ $46.13.
- champ: #SAND stocks are really on the move ...,.$FMSA is up over 13% $CRR up over 8% and the others are up 5 and 6% but $EMES is only up 3%
- champ: $SLCA $SND all the #Sand stock are still bouncing off their lows and that started on 6/20....I'm now long all 6 now and I started my own ETF #Sand....$CRR $HCLP $EMES $FMSA...and these will drive you crazy because they all Zig-Zag.....and I'm only watching $FRAC for now.
- stevef214: $CRR stopped out. Fracking sand suppliers still going down, $FMSA, $EMES
- champ: @stevef214 $CRR $FMSA --- All are going down...this should stop soon. However, the reason is.....its because traders are thinking that the falling Oil prices... could make the big Oil names cut back their capex budgets for drilling but its way to early for that to happen......but it doesn't really matter what I think or anyone else thinks for that matter....but thats the reason for today. Dropping because of those concerns....entry prices are getting better daily. More OPEC members will say something soon, the Saudi's have already said that they are exporting less oil to the U.S. in June than they did if May. These stocks are moving around like trading stocks but they are not, they are holds but its hard for traders to think that way....really hard.
- Motorman: @champ $CRR $FMSA Thanks, was looking at my sand positions and needed a reminder why I am holding.
- champ: @bRobert $SLCA ---- Hers a little #News on #Sand stocks ---- I'm probably going to swing and my reason why is the new #News....take a look at the #News in this stock and I know you posted yesterday. Also for all of the other many reasons why I'm loo ...
- champ: $BHI ---- Total rig count up another 16 rigs and the sand supplier were already on the move off of the lows that I posted about on 5/4...and my new buy $FRAC is leading the group higher up 8% and was even higher....I'm also holding $CRR $SND $FMSA $EMES and $HCLP on the lows that I posted about, going into the OPEC meeting next week..and President Trump will be meeting with the Saudi's....stopping their first and I don't know how they are going to spin this against him, spying or secrets, lets hope they take it easy on the President, for the good of the markets but Israel is next. I have set-up my own ETF with all of these names.
- stevef214: @champ $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $FMSA $SLCA #News $USO holding up even after the rig count numbers came out with 16 rigs added. This is bullish for oil also
- champ: @stevef214 $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $USO #News ---- Remember President Trump just opened up all WTI-Oil for exporting for all companies, not just $LNG. By rolling back EPA regulations.
- champ: @stevef214 #BullishNews for Oil and #5 of my reasons.--- $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $USO #News ---- I have a little time now and you asked about....this being bullish for oil....IMO theirs really only a few simple factors that would be ...
- champ: @issues $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $HCLP $FMSA ---- $SLCA @ $40.50 and this one is also going 50% higher. All the charts look good but $CRR has moved 50% now in just 10 trading days. Charts are important but its hard to pick a winner out of these ...
- tejas7: $SVXY STO Sept 70 put for 2.09 (only 1 fill at the open) Stopped out at profit in $EMES. out flat in $FMSA, $CGNX. Almost 80% cash in trading account now. Waiting for new opportunities. @Dan's Cisco trade on my mind.
|Stock Price||$USD 5.30|
FMSA Holdings Inc is a provider of sand-based proppant solutions. Its business is organized into two segments: Proppant Solutions and Industrial & Recreational Products.Request Video of FMSA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 3rd, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 60.01 29.07%
- $USD 14.44 19.43%
- $USD 15.81 17.66%
- $USD 11.09 -27.09%
- $USD 63.44 -10.42%
- $USD 10.60 -4.79%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!