Fairmount Santrol Holdings Inc. (NYSE:FMSA)
Old Forum Content for FMSAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $CRR $FMSA $FRAC $SLCA $SND $HCLP Bottom fishing list of sand plays. Improving charts, Early
- champ: $SAND plays are on the move and some are up 4 - 8.22% and I'm still holding my positions in... $SLCA $EMES $FMSA $CRR $FRAC ...all on the lows and I'm watching all to add....at some point and I posted my entries on all.
- bRobert: $FMSA Frisky sand play. Others CRR SLCA SND Double bottom frac
- bRobert: $CRR $SLCA $FMSA Bottoming action in several sand plays. Paying closer attention
- champ: @bRobert $CRR $SLCA $FMSA ---- #Sand suppliers ....I'm long all 3, plus $EMES $HCLP and $FRAC on the lows on all.
- champ: $EMES $SLCA $FMSA.... all of the #Sand suppliers are bouncing today off of yesterdays lows and Most were at 52 week lows yesterday...all are now up around 6-17% RHRN and all reported earnings except $SND and they will report on 8/10.....I'm long $SL ...
- champ: $Sand stocks are all dropping this morning because their in more news about another #New mine by $FMSA in the Permian Basin....this news is spooking all the sand traders. Theirs not enough sand for that area because of all the drilling thats is going. All suppliers are dropping, even $FMSA. This is good news for traders because the low in these names are getting lower and lower, by the day and will be buys , sometime soon but for now these are names that you don't want to have positions in... at this time..
- champ: $SAND stocks are....all moving up and $FMSA is up over 6%...$SND is up over 5%.....oil is back up over $46 and is up $0.64 @ $46.13.
- champ: #SAND stocks are really on the move ...,.$FMSA is up over 13% $CRR up over 8% and the others are up 5 and 6% but $EMES is only up 3%
- champ: $SLCA $SND all the #Sand stock are still bouncing off their lows and that started on 6/20....I'm now long all 6 now and I started my own ETF #Sand....$CRR $HCLP $EMES $FMSA...and these will drive you crazy because they all Zig-Zag.....and I'm only watching $FRAC for now.
- stevef214: $CRR stopped out. Fracking sand suppliers still going down, $FMSA, $EMES
- champ: @stevef214 $CRR $FMSA --- All are going down...this should stop soon. However, the reason is.....its because traders are thinking that the falling Oil prices... could make the big Oil names cut back their capex budgets for drilling but its way to early for that to happen......but it doesn't really matter what I think or anyone else thinks for that matter....but thats the reason for today. Dropping because of those concerns....entry prices are getting better daily. More OPEC members will say something soon, the Saudi's have already said that they are exporting less oil to the U.S. in June than they did if May. These stocks are moving around like trading stocks but they are not, they are holds but its hard for traders to think that way....really hard.
- Motorman: @champ $CRR $FMSA Thanks, was looking at my sand positions and needed a reminder why I am holding.
- champ: @bRobert $SLCA ---- Hers a little #News on #Sand stocks ---- I'm probably going to swing and my reason why is the new #News....take a look at the #News in this stock and I know you posted yesterday. Also for all of the other many reasons why I'm loo ...
- champ: $BHI ---- Total rig count up another 16 rigs and the sand supplier were already on the move off of the lows that I posted about on 5/4...and my new buy $FRAC is leading the group higher up 8% and was even higher....I'm also holding $CRR $SND $FMSA $EMES and $HCLP on the lows that I posted about, going into the OPEC meeting next week..and President Trump will be meeting with the Saudi's....stopping their first and I don't know how they are going to spin this against him, spying or secrets, lets hope they take it easy on the President, for the good of the markets but Israel is next. I have set-up my own ETF with all of these names.
- stevef214: @champ $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $FMSA $SLCA #News $USO holding up even after the rig count numbers came out with 16 rigs added. This is bullish for oil also
- champ: @stevef214 $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $USO #News ---- Remember President Trump just opened up all WTI-Oil for exporting for all companies, not just $LNG. By rolling back EPA regulations.
- champ: @stevef214 #BullishNews for Oil and #5 of my reasons.--- $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $USO #News ---- I have a little time now and you asked about....this being bullish for oil....IMO theirs really only a few simple factors that would be ...
- champ: @issues $FRAC $CRR $HCLP $SND $EMES $HCLP $FMSA ---- $SLCA @ $40.50 and this one is also going 50% higher. All the charts look good but $CRR has moved 50% now in just 10 trading days. Charts are important but its hard to pick a winner out of these ...
- tejas7: $SVXY STO Sept 70 put for 2.09 (only 1 fill at the open) Stopped out at profit in $EMES. out flat in $FMSA, $CGNX. Almost 80% cash in trading account now. Waiting for new opportunities. @Dan's Cisco trade on my mind.
- tejas7: $FMSA I started after @Champ's posts. It is working. Doubled my position. Stop raised to 5.40 (breakeven for original position)
- champ: @tejas7 $EMES ---- #News on the sector.....I'm thinking that this could be, just the start of a nice run but these stocks are zig-zaggers and are holds at this point... off of the new #News about the 9-month extension from OPEC and Russia on the prod ...
- champ: $USO ---- #EnergyTradingThoughts with a few names for possible trades. The recent low in WTI-Oil was on 5/5, the inter-day flash low was @ $43.76 and the closing low was @$46.22 on 5/5. This appears to be the recent low and could be the new bottom an ...
- champ: @tejas7 --- $EMES $CRR $HCLP $FMSA... maybe I should have said that I'm going to hold these stocks until the OPEC meeting... because I believe that they will report some type of positive news. These stocks are zig-zaggers but all the stocks in the sector should have a floor under them until that meeting, on Thursday 5/25....then I will take another look.
- champ: $FMSA @ $5.50 ---- I'm holding a....Spec position from the other day ...I'm going to add to this lagger.
- champ: $CRR $7.70 + 14% for now, I posted on 4/27...and I'm still holding my long oversize Spec position @ $6.90....all the Fracking Sand companies are now moving up.....the lows could now be in ...$EMES 6.7% $FMSA 13.4% $HCLP 3.8%....all have now reported earnings and all said they have really strong demand and were raising prices....and have been gearing up for full production....I have long swing position on all...after earnings on each, of these stocks and I will be adding to all, at some point. $CRR is my largest position for now and I'm @ 3 full position but I like all of these stocks better, than most of the big Oil names...long term core positions....and I'm sure all will zig-zag.
- champ: $FMSA @ $5.35 --- Going in with size...this is the lagger and really dropped for ....No good reason. Also they are the last one to report on 5/4 but $SND reports on 5/11....#fracking sand
- champ: #FrackingSandCompanies ----$SLCA.....Beat on earnings and revenues....they are the first sand fracking/driller supplier of sand to report earnings....and they said that in the Oil and Gas segment; they had an sand increase of 18% more tons of sand de ...
- champ: $HCLP another nice move again today...I have been posting on the frackers and they have all been bouncing off that low that recent low that was on 3/22....and should continue, just like that last move....going into the the start of the drilling seaso ...
- woodman: @champ $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA - Interesting spot for $XOP. It is at the top of its months-long well-defined descending channel, with the 200 day just above. It would be a nice sign to get up through these to show the downtrend is over. $XLE is only about 2/3 of the way back up to the top of its defined descending channel. I'm watching these broad ETFs for further clues in the oil patch.
- champ: @woodman $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA $XOP $XLE --- Yes, many clues out there....but the simple clue could be...that everything is turning...IMO we have already have had many clues....you don't really want to be buying when others start taking profits arou ...
- Esther: @champ $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA $XOP $XLE Do you think it is safe to add to my $HAL? I bought it yesterday without a lot of conviction about where the stock is but believing that it will go up over time. I didn't want to miss the upward move. I traded this badly in 2015 and am looking to do it right this time.
- woodman: @champ $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA $XOP $XLE - thanks. I've been hiding out mostly in semiconductor and other tech names which, for the most part, haven't zigged or zagged as much as they've but going from lower left to upper right. Good result, less guessing, less waiting, and still working. I'm resigned to the fact that I rarely get anything at THE bottom or sell anything at THE top. Nonetheless, the likes of $EMES, $CRR and $FMSA certainly catch my eye today. Thanks for your continued posts on these types. Much appreciated.
- woodman: @champ $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA $XOP $XLE - I meant to say I started a small position in $EMES this afternoon. Late in the day after such a move so I will probably be met with a pullback by day's end or tomorrow, but gotta start somewhere.
- champ: @Esther $HCLP $CRR $EMES $FMSA $XOP $XLE $HAL --- On $HAL you had a good entry on the low yesterday...they had a company up-date on 3/24 ...I didn't read it but you should, if you haven't already...be aware of earnings on 4/24. I play golf with an attorney and his son just got laid off....he works on the North Slope and lives in Monterey, Ca and was working 2-week on and 2-weeks off and lived in the drilling camps up their but I have not talked to him..oil companies are leaving some wells idle and mostly are only working rigs in the top areas like the Permian Basin which is #1 and #2 is the Eagle Ford but their are others. The bottom line is I have not done any work on Hal...sorry... but it should be OK for a short term trade. LOL
- Robert1965: $EMES $FMSA both are up 9% and 6% these were a trade of @champ a while back can't find any news
- champ: $FMSA @ $7.85 ---- Back in this morning....
- Robert1965: @champ $FMSA What did see that made you get back in.
- Robert1965: $FMSA Just got stopped out at $9.10
- champ: $PBR up 5% is the leader and $FMSA is leading the Frackers...up 5.7%...I'm holding way too many positions
- woodman: $CRR $EMES $FMSA $SLCA ($HCLP but not much) #Fracking - bouncing after big pullbacks.
- Sher: @woodman $CRR $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $HCLP #Fracking - Are you in any of these?
- woodman: @Sher $CRR $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $HCLP #Fracking - Only $CRR which I bought today.
- Robert1965: @champ $FMSA have you added to this on the bounce, looks like a earnings run, a I am thinking up to $11.50, then a drop, like $EMES, your thoughts
- Sher: @woodman $CRR $EMES $FMSA $SLCA $HCLP #Fracking - Thank-you ...
- champ: @Robert1965 $FMSA $EMES ---- Yes, thats they way I'm playing it.... earnings on 3/9/PM. The nice buy was yesterday at $9.40 but know one really knowns whats going on...you just never can till...but all the frackers should be safe.... until their earnings...is my guess....and I will be adding again...but I just don't know when....I own all the frackers at this point....except $SLCA and I might take a position...after 3/9. $FMSA has a market cap of #2.. $2.1b and #1..is $SLCA at $4.1b... #3... is $HCLP at $1.1b ...#4.. is $EMES $491m and #5 is $CRR at $355m....I haven't looked at $FRAC or $SND.
- Robert1965: @champ $FMSA Are you still in, looking for a rebound but so far none
- champ: @Robert1965 $FMSA --- Still holding the fracking stocks ...long term for me. Remember $FMAS reports on 3/7.....all hard to hold ...just takes time.
- champ: $FMSA @ $10.25 ....adding going into ER on 3/9/PM
- champ: @issues $EOG $CVX $SLB $APC $HCLP $EMES ----- I'm holding $EOG $CLR $FANG $COP $OXY $PXD $PBR $HCLP $EMES $FMSA $CRR $BHI $NOV $ALJ $PBF $ETP $KMI $WPZ $NAT in the entry sector...I could have missed a couple. Watching many others...
- champ: @Motorman $EMES --- You know anything can happen with this ...I only have a very small position....my play is with another 1/3 size position with $FMSA.
- woodman: #Fracking - $SLCA $FMSA pullbacks could open up some opportunities, eventually. Not today but keep on radar, particularly if they hold channel. $EMES, short term topped. Not pretty.
- tjv821: $fmsa anyone know why this is getting killed today??
- champ: @tjv821 $fmsa --- All of the Sand....Fracking stocks were up even more this morning on the open....and they started selling off because $SLCA was sell on the open or you could say sell on the News...because of the nice gains. $EMES was up 20% on the open... just from yesterday morning....no surprise that all sold off.....especially $SLCA and $EMES....I'm only holding 1/2 of $FMSA for now....but I'm watching to add back to some of the others.....traders had to take profits....you buy stocks to make profits....and when they come in faster than they really should ....you... Have... to back out....for awhile and just wait for a new Entry. LOL
- tjv821: @champ $fmsa $SLCA $EMES $FMSA ty for your response
- stevef214: @Bridget $BABA $FB $AMD $DOW $SLCA $GRMN $PWN $FISV $CNI $LNT $FMSA $MMM $QVCA $FSLA $CSIQ $JASO $JKS $SND $IRTC $PTHN $PEN $CNDT What do you think of $BABA today. It's down but holding the 8EMA? Is this a god place to add?
- champ: $EMES and $FMSA....could get another leg....
- woodman: @champ $EMES $FMSA - ugh, I thought about replacing my sold $HLCP (due to coming earnings) $$ with $FMSA yesterday, but didn't pull the trigger.
- champ: @woodman $EMES $FMSA $HLCP ----Look at the chart on $EMES...this one really has a lot of room to move....without bumping into any resistance.....but they are all moving up. I'm only holding these 2....with size..... going into earnings on both.....but I do believe it's just a matter of time before $FMSA breaks out even more from here.
- woodman: @champ $EMES $FMSA $HLCP - thanks.
- issues: @champ $EMES $FMSA Looking at the charts $EMES is up 100% in 3 months while $HCLP & $SLCA are up a mere 35%. It seems EMES (rhymes) is much more liable to a greater fall, i.e. more volatile... Do you think so too?
- champ: @issues $EMES $FMSA ---- $SLCA Holders will be taking profits before and after ER.....I expect a beat....and it really needs to be a big beat or great guidance for the stock to bounce even more ....all entries are really hard at this point...but if they have a big beat along with guidance....you will see the others frackers bounce even more....going into their earnings like $EMES on 2/27 and $FMSA on 3/9. I have been in and out of all these names for a long time...you can see by looking at my posting thread.
$FMSA - still in a squeeze
$MMM - looking very strong, new 52 week high
$QVCA - my dumpster diving stock today. Coming off a double or triple bottom on the weekly. Good volume today on this rise. Retail seems to be recovering lately. ER on 2/28. S ...
- champ: $FMSA $12 ---- I have been holding this stock for a long time now and I'm way up...added yesterday and this morning....could be time for the next leg higher...????...long term hold for me....and I'm also still holding $EMES.
- spmeyers: @champ $FMSA $EMES maybe but OIH looks like it wants to go down some more
- issues: @champ $FMSA $EMES We bought $HCLP a few weeks ago, instead of $EMES. Now it looks like EMES would have been better.
- champ: $SLAC $CRR $HCLP $SND and $FRAC @issues $FMSA $EMES $HCLP --- Thats what I think but it's really hard to tell at this point...this cycle is still early... for all the frackers...@Dan, was was talking about $FMSA in one of his Strategy Sessions not to ...
- tjv821: $asix and $fmsa weak
- stevef214: @tjv821 $fsma I think you mean $FMSA then the 20DMA is at $12.37 and the 50DMA is $11.08
- tjv821: $fmsa debating on weather to see if I should sell at work and can't see moving day averages
- tjv821: @stevef214 $fsma $FMSA ty for the help still profitable barely see if 50 day holds ty for your help
- champ: @cmac $USO $CLR #oil - Yes, Oil is troubling at least 2 out of every 7 or so days it seems like. I did sell...took small profit on $CLR $COP and $APC all on difference days ....because I added to fracking stocks...like $EMES and $FMSA. A lot of zig-zags going on in this sector....really hard to trade.
- champ: @tradeforfamily $EMES --- Should be a go...they already did a public offering on 11/18 and it was priced @$10...earnings are not until 2/23...I can't see much of anything now that would be holding this stock back. Good news out of $CRR this morning ...so that really helps....could get an earnings run because of CRR. The next fracker up to bat on earnings will be $SLCA on 2/21 and they should also beat and that should help $EMES even more.. for a few days.... $HCLP reports on 2/23 also and then $FMSA on 3/9....all systems should be set for a good run...I have been adding and I'm now watching and waiting to add one more time...I have 2 full positions now and I have been posting my adds. Thats the way I see it...so my plan is... I will add on any drop...All Aboard!
- tradeforfamily: @champ $EMES $CRR $SLCA $HCLP $FMSA Thanks so much!
- champ: @tradeforfamily $EMES $CRR $SLCA $HCLP $FMSA
- champ: $EMES @ $16.20 up over 10% now. I have been in this stock for a long time now ...It just keeps climbing. This has been a real winner...the 2016 hi was $16.20...2015 hi was $58 and the 2014 hi was around $130.....still has a lot of room to climb....is why $GS upgraded this stock today. I have a large position and I added another 25% today @ $15.20 on the drop this morning...now I will be watching... to add again. I'm also holding $CRR and $FMSA for about a year now. All have been really big % movers...I have many posts on these stocks.
- tjv821: Other stocks that are working $axas$geos $sgyp $sivb $uri $ $aig $evr $wu $utx $rop $fivn $arry $fmsa $ndrm $dgx $pkg $
- champ: $CRR @ $11.10 moved back up thru $11... but I'm expecting more zig-zags....I really like this stock because it's a lagger and it really has a lot of room but I'm also holding $EMES and $FMSA....these are holds going forward for me....the first earnings report will be with $CRR on 1/23/AM. Earnings on all the other are in February and that also includes $HCLP and $SLCA.....so ....I'm not really not expecting any news that would dropped the price of these stocks other than the price of oil...which is going to zig-zag.....and traders taking profits.
- champ: $FMSA $EMES $CRR $HCLP $SLCA ---$USO --- Will be getting the Rig count #'s today at 13:00 ET....by $BHI...looks like the fracking stocks are reacting ahead of the # because all are climbing. I added to $CRR @ $10.73 on a climb the other day and it ran up to $11.32 but my timing was off because it fell back from that high of $11.32 on that same day, on 12/21 but I'm still holding my full position...long term hold....also holding $FMSA and $EMES.
- champ: @woodman $CRR - YW...It's on the move today....you still holding $EMES....? I'm still holding $EMES after that secondary on 11/18....also holding $FMSA.
- woodman: @champ $CRR $EMES $FMSA - I don't have $EMES or $FMSA. Good job on FMSA which I know you've just been holding. FMSA looks like it would be hard to trade (for me anyway), as it seems pretty spiky/volatile, but good if you bought in good spots and are just holding it.
- champ: @woodman $CRR $EMES $FMSA ---- On FMSA ....back in May or July I think it was but they are all zig-zagers... I add on drops....as they climb.
- stevef214: @champ $CRR $EMES $FMSA $CRR, Yes nice move today and since you posted on it. Thx also
- champ: @woodman $CRR ---I really like this one and $GS had an upgrade this morning...don't really know why they were waiting for so long....I started a new position on the low at the end of Oct and have been adding and posting....for about a year or more....I'm also holding my full positions in $EMES and $FMSA.
- woodman: @champ $CRR $GS $EMES $FMSA Thanks, Champ. You've been on these for a while. I added to my $CRR today.
- champ: @woodman $BRS $WG $CRR $HOS $OII $WFT #OilandGas - YW, and I guess I should repost my positions in this sector ...I'm holding swing positions in $CRR $FMSA $EMES $NOV and $BHI in this sector and I have been posting on all.
- tmende: @GOOSE $FMAS $CRR $EMES Try $FMSA
- maratom71: @cmaxwel1 $FMAS symbol $FMSA, thanks for posting.
- champ: @cmaxwel1 $FMAS $CRR $EMES - Sorry ....$FMSA
- maratom71: @champ @GOOSE@issues@tmende@woodman Can You'll correct your symbol $FMAS to $FMSA, TYIA!!!!!
- maratom71: @champ $FMSA Thanks, tried to look at chart, there was none.
- champ: $FMAS $CRR --- $EMES @ $11.10 - Great entry @ $9.75 on 11/18........This should be a go now....after the stock offering that was priced @ $10....and I'm still holding $CRR and $FMSA.....all long term holds.
- champ: @bnnybklyn $CRR - After earnings....on the 10/28.. I bought a starter position and then I took a good size position after it dropped...around the low and I double up around $6.....and I will add again next time oil moves up. They said... that October was better month and we all know why that was....because Oil started to climb....the oil drillers have to stock all the material and sand ....before they gear-up....it does take time to get the product....I'm guessing this current quarter will be better for the companies in this sector because they are now shipping for next year. It takes time to start the drilling programs for each company... they have to plan and have everything on site.. I also have a position in $FMSA.
- champ: $EMES @ $10.35 up over 14% watching but NP.....you can make good $$$$ on Bounce Candidates like this one but again NP ...I'm holding $FMSA and $CRR......all are up except $SLCA the loser for today....all the others are bouncing even $HCLP.
- champ: $CRR @ $6.45 - $FMSA @ $7.85 - Reported in line #'s this morning....revs were up 18% QoQ ...they had greater volume ...I did hold thru earnings and I'm under water a little.....but I'm going to hold. $CRR had a nice bounce this morning but fell back and I'm still holding my full position and I'm up a little because I added the other day. This sector is waiting for $SLCA the biggest player in the sector to report today in the AH's.......but I have NP in this stock.
- JJT1: @champ $CRR $FMSA $SLCA Thanks for info. I have been watching and planned on buying $HCLP and $SLCA when they bounced off 50 day SMA. Now they are both below and I will look for new entry at lower price...maybe.
- champ: $FMSA reports in the morning...taking the loss....however, I'm holding 10% of my position over earnings.
- champ: @Bridget $SLCA - All of these stocks are dropping $EMES $HCLP but $CRR is green a little and I'm holding $FMSA@ $9.00 so now I'm down a little but still holding for now....their must have been a down-grade in one of these names or in the sand fracking sector....if anyone knows about any news.....Please post.
- JJT1: @champ $SLCA $EMES $HCLP $CRR $FMSA I can't find any news so here's my opinion. Just down as oil down today and frackers down $EOG $FANG $GPOR maybe some profit taking before earnings.
- champ: @JJT1 $SLCA $EMES $HCLP $CRR $FMSA $EOG $FANG $GPOR - Thanks...the first one to report is $CRR on 10/27 tomorrow morning in the AM and then $HCLP on 10/31 Monday in the AH's.... $EMES on 11/2 ....then $FMAS and $SLCA on 11/3 ....if $CRR beats in the morning....that could push all the others up and they are still green but only by 4 cents.
|Stock Price||$USD 5.11|
FMSA Holdings Inc is a provider of sand-based proppant solutions. Its business is organized into two segments: Proppant Solutions and Industrial & Recreational Products.Request Video of FMSA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- March 8th, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 10.46 10.79%
- $USD 16.59 10.28%
- $USD 5.11 9.65%
- $USD 9.85 -25.57%
- $USD 11.78 -11.76%
- $USD 10.93 -10.50%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 52,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (52,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!