Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ:FB)
Old Forum Content for FBMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DavidM: @Junior1 $FB $UNH I missed the $UNH rant. I'd be curious to see that.
- champ: @DAN $SPY $SMH $QQQ ---- However, this is looking better then yesterday, many said we were going to open way down.. this morning. Need to see how the day plays out and if this positive move continues, shorts could even cover going into the close. Mar ...
- steve71: $FB Blowing down through recent support. This will be a great buy, probably the day that Zuck testifies in front of the Peanut Gallery.
$FB – I think the rush for the exits is still ahead of us.
$TSLA – this is the other canary. When Musk can’t pump up his stock, it’s bad for the market. The massive short hedges are seeing this pay off.
$XHB – broke ...
- Richleaf1: Thanks Gary don't think I'll need to watch a scare movie tonight. Glad I was listening to Dan and only gave a little bit back.@Gary $NVDA $SPX $T2100 $VIX $DJI $DJT $MDY $IWM $COMPQX $TNX $FB $TSLA $XHB $SMH $GLD $XOP $XLE $OIH $XME $DJUSST $XLB $SOCL $HACK $XRT $XLP $XLU $XLI $XBI $XLV $XLK $XLF $NEM $KL $GG $GOOGL $CAT $CMA $RF $PPA $RTN $NOC $HII $HRS $ANET $BLUE $IBKR $MU $QCOM $LRCX #NOTES
- DAN: Good morning. The market is down sharply this morning as traders digest an unsurprising .25 bps rate hike by the Fed, and a pending announcement by the administration about the tariffs on China. Neither of these events are surprises...but they are ...
- gwenzee: $FB Interesting that Zucker sold almost 45,000,000 shares on 3/15 and another almost 41,000,000 on 3/16. Did he need the $$$ or did he know something????
- bwcarnation1: @gwenzee $FB CNBC said this a.m. he knew in 2015
- PhilHarmonic: @gwenzee $FB He did not need the dollars and he did not know something. He just needed to scratch an itch.
- Forexpro: @gwenzee $FB Hi, Gwenzee, He's got a lot of stock. From an article posted on Feb. 26 of this year: "Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg is sticking with his commitment to unload 35 million to 75 million shares during the next year and a half, disclosing he has sold $357 million worth in February alone. "First spotted by CNBC, the CEO of the leading social media network disclosed the stock sales were part of his plan to fund the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, his philanthropic investment firm. In the Securities and Exchange Commission filing, Zuckerberg disclosed he made seven separate stock sales during the month. Back in September, he disclosed plans to sell 35 million to 75 million shares during the course of the next 18 months to fund his philanthropic plans." Gonna be impossible to nail him for insider trading. All the best!
- Squid: @gwenzee $FB These were programmed trades announced well in advance,
- DAN: @gwenzee $FB It was a planned sale. So it doesn't mean anything. I know the guy is smarmy...but he's not stupid. There's no way he'd act on what amounted to inside information. That would be suicide. It just looks bad...but there's nothing to it.
- gwenzee: @DAN $FB I just thought the timing was interesting. I know there are always planned sales.
- DAN: @gwenzee $FB Oh, I agree. I imagine that if Zuckerberg thought about it (and if he was able to do so), he'd probably have nixed that sale and just kept the stock. It's pennies to him. He doesn't care.
- DAN: @bwcarnation1 $FB They did know about the breach in 2015. As with other companies, they were just hoping to get away with it and keep it from going public. That never works...but it's tempting to try. This entire matter makes Sandberg and Zuckerberg both look like liars with hidden agendas. And I think perception, in this case, is reality.
- baronp0329: @DAN $FB - Sandberg on CNBC at 1pm PST.
- Junior1: @baronp0329 $FB Hopefully Adam. Could use a laugh!
- baronp0329: @Junior1 $FB - Haha, i wish. We could all use a laugh...unfortunately it will be Sheryl
DAN: @baronp0329 $FB LOL. That should be a hoot. She's quite a bit smoother than Zuckerberg. But they're cut from the same cloth. If you watch the interview, focus on the actual questions.
Are they hardball questions, or softballs? My bet...softb ...
- coldevinc: @gwenzee $FB Thats nice to know. Very Experian
- DAN: $FB #CNBC -- McNamee (early FB investor/advisor) on CNBC just taking Facebook out behind the wood shed. "There is a huge trust issue now. ...They had to know....they've broken every rule in the book...etc" Unlike Cramer, this guy isn't a FB apologist.
- coldevinc: $FB just saw they were planned sales, ignore earliet post.
- gwenzee: @coldevinc $FB All I said was it was interesting timing. Do realize he does have planned sales. Wish people would chill out.
- Vehid: Rumer is being circulated that Suckerberg is selling tons of his shares in $FB
- DAN: $FB -- OK, this is a totally, completely, and admittedly random guess...but Facebook stock just may be a "buy" before the close. Julia Boorstin will interview Sheryl Sandberg at 4 pm ET today (CNBC). Now, I'm sure Julia is a wonderful per ...
- jan2138: @DAN $FB $SBUX #1 "Just sayin"; Wow, that's an editorial=:+))
- optionswealth: @Vehid $FB He had a planned sale - read previous $FB posts below.
- Margi1983: @DAN $FB $SBUX #1 Great post Dan.. SMM is about making money, no matter what the name is.
- sierramp: Maybe I am missing the point but the info that was gleaned from $FB accounts was from public profiles, right? That information is always public but a user doesn't have to supply anything in the way of info. Nobody is forced to provide a birthday or a location (or a *real* birthday or location). Anyone using a completely public account (not limiting it to friends) is or should be quite aware that anything they post is public.
- Vehid: @optionswealth $FB just saw it. Thanks
- Danzguy: @DAN $FB $SBUX #1 Dang, are you using speech to text? That’s a whole lot of typing. Thanks for doing that for us!!! Cheers!
- Junior1: @DAN I love how $FB has your feathers roughed up. Haven't seen you like this since your rant about $UNH years ago. Refreshing!
- DAN: @Junior1 $FB $UNH LOL. I've still got that fire in my belly. Sometimes it just masquerades as heart burn. LOL.
- spmeyers: @mopick $FB Yeah, I don't have a big problem with the business model in general but they've been playing too fast and loose and it's catching up with them.
- cmaxwel1: @antfarm $FB $EFX (yes, they will. question is when does the dust settle?)
- Richleaf1: Wow pretty harsh Dan@DAN $FB
- DAN: Good morning. The Fed is set to announce an increase in the fed funds rate today by .25 bps. Everyone expects that, and the Fed typically delivers exactly what everyone expects. When they announce the rate hike that everyone expects, we'll see a b ...
DAN: @Richleaf1 $FB I understand. Just stating my opinion, though I seriously doubt that anyone can disprove anything that I wrote.
It's not something th ...
- indigo1948: @DAN $FB - I personally never use it although I have an account but you are completely "spot-on" in my opinion. My wife is addicted to it and so are many of her friends and family. I am continually amazed by the amount of time spent using it and how "driven" people are to open their FB app every morning. Just my opinion.
- Junior1: @DAN $FB "If you're getting it for free, you are the product" Said someone once.
- DAN: @indigo1948 $FB Yeah. Everybody has an addition. In my house, we are starting to work on that. It's easy to sit in front of the TV and be mesmerized by the programs that fill time between commercials. So we are watching it less and less, and read ...
- DAN: @Junior1 $FB LOL. Yep.
- indigo1948: @DAN $FB - again - "spot-on" observation. In my house my wife watches PBS and I really enjoy old movies - not sure why I subscribe to cable with the ridiculous costs - better to read, talk (we have really lost that aspect of communication) and selectively watch the "tube."
Forexpro: @DAN $FB
Yup, that "Pet Sounds" documentary is great. Hal Blaine is one of my heroes (and a guy who is very nice to other drummers), although my drumming style is quite different. He has a prominent role. I went cordless via ...
- phgruver: @DAN $FB @indigo1948 @All We switched off the TV when they went digital, 10 to 12 years ago, and we haven't missed it. We do watch old movies on DVD, VHS or, occasionally YouTube, but mostly, we read or do things (crafts). I shudder to think how much time we, as a country "waste".
- DAN: @Forexpro $FB $CHTR Sounds great to me, Forex. It's just really easy to follow the status quo and keep what you've got. And that's fine with me. I'm just literally "looking outside the box". As I get older, I start to value my time more and more. The body is breaking down, and that keeps reminding me that I won't live forever. So I might as well make the best of what I have.
- cmaxwel1: @DAN $FB $EFX (added $FB at 166). Stop 3% below
- DAN: @phgruver $FB One point to make.... I believe that it's wrong to be critical of others who watch TV, use a lot of social media, etc. It's a personal choice! One of the biggest problems in our society today is the complete lack of tolerance for dif ...
- bigbartabs: @indigo1948 $FB ... should read... yes, I should. The problem is I read all day long. At the end of the day, I'm totally wore out! The stuff all you SMM knot heads write! ==:O
- champ: @Junior1 $FB --- 13m was down and now momentum and #CopyCat traders are at work. This was expected and everyone was waiting to pick-up the easy $$$$.
- champ: @Junior1 $FB #CopyCat --- You know it is all about timing and you should never walk away because your instincts were very good.
- debeers: @woodman $FB -FYI Facebook bought Instagram about 6 years ago.
- debeers: $FB- here's a couple of wholly Facebook owned companies: " in 2012 Facebook paid an astounding $1 billion to acquire Instagram. The Instagram acquisition let investors know that Facebook understood where the market was headed and was prepared to pay money to stay relevant to its clientele. In 2014, Facebook bought WhatsApp for $19 billion."
- Motorman: @debeers $FB WhatsApp 1.5 Billion monthly users, no fees.
- DAN: @Motorman $FB Facebook is able to track its users and see what apps they are using. (Again, I'm sure they thank all of you for unknowingly providing them with this information. Very "Zuckanthropic" of you. LOL). Anyway, because they can see what everybody is doing, they can easily determine which apps are gaining in usage/popularity. And they can then either snatch them up (instagram/WhatsApp), or just build a better mousetrap -- as they are now doing with Instagram to compete with "Snaptwit." Very ingenious, I must say. And so nice of all the Facebook users to help Zuck do this. That's teamwork!!!
- CHOFF: @DAN $FB - to turn off access to the apps in $FB. After logging in, click on the menu button in the top right corner. Click Settings, App Settings, this will show you the connected apps with access. You can deselect or remove whichever you like. I did this years ago before the news was released. It's common sense to limit access and to check privacy settings. It's super easy and if you don't use your $FB password to sign up for new apps, this doesn't happen anyway.
- Motorman: @CHOFF $FB I was always skeptical about using FB password for other sites and glad I did not opt for that convenience. But I do own $FB.
- JonSeale: @Junior1 $FB Be careful
- CHOFF: @Motorman $FB - indeed we should be. Google does the same thing. The news aside. It's common sense to not sign up for a new app using your $FB or Gmail passwords despite the convenience.
DAN: @JonSeale $FB Zuckerberg is supposed to be speaking publicly tomorrow, addressing the issue.
My bet? Zuck's speech will be prepared remarks. No off-the-cuff stuff. Something like:
"It's not our fault. Facebook is the good guy, with the ut ...
- DAN: @CHOFF $FB Here's a snapshot of just a small part of the thread on @PranavDixit's twitter feed. He's a Buzzfeed reporter in India. I'm not a facebook user. Deleted the app from my phone and ipad immediately when I bought them. So I'm not familiar ...
- DAN: @DAN $FB Just out: "'We have a responsibility to protect your data, and if we can't then we don't deserve to serve you'" No, Zuckerberg isn't an SMM member who is reading my posts. LOL.
DAN: @DAN $FB Also.............
"I've been working to understand exactly what happened and how to make sure this doesn't happen again," he said. "I started Facebook, and at the end of the day I'm responsible for what happens on our platfor ...
- CHOFF: @DAN $FB - The naive, lazy, & uninformed are always amazed. It's magic! ;)
- DAN: @CHOFF $FB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzlK0OGpIRs 8-)
- DAN: @DAN $FB This just in: Facebook has bought the domain name: "www.yougotpunked.com" I'm not sure if it's true. It's just a rumor that I'm starting.
- CHOFF: @DAN $FB - where's the thumbs up button?
COTD: $FB – spreads work on this. Broken stock....with so many eyeballs on it, and so much money in it...where’s the edge? It’s not in the chart. Look at volume. This is institutional distribution.&nbs ...
- DAN: $FB -- I am admittedly NOT the authority on Facebook. But I just thought I'd chime in and suggest that this is not a buying opportunity.
- Junior1: @DAN $FB Nor is it a BuPS opportunity... stopped out with a nick
- stevertor: @Dan Agree with you on $FB which will likely yield a better price for adding to my long term hold. Speaking of long term, do you maintain a spreadsheet for your long term account that is similar to that very useful one you have given us for our trading account? If so, how similar is it?
- DAN: @stevertor $FB No. I don't manage my long term account that way. I just hold stocks. No real mystery.
- DAN: @Junior1 $FB I'm not touching it. Seriously bad stock for me. I'm not superstitious...but I do pay attention to my results. FB is a money sucker.
- Vehid: $FB is dragging the market down
- CHOFF: $TWTR - taking a big hit today (down 7%) as Congress calls for hearings about protecting user data at $FB $GOOG $TWTR. Data security firms to get a boost?
- Junior1: @Vehid $FB I'll fix that... I'll short it. I haven't been able to get in sync with this.
- Vehid: @Junior1 $FB I guess it is a little bit late to short it. Buyers will buy regardless of news at some point. If bitcoin still finds buyers, $FB will get them too!
- Amykris: I will be stepping into $FB when it starts to turn. Cramer thought 17x is basically level where big guys would step in around 160. When this blow over, this will be a buying opp
- ascutia833sunset: @Amykris $FB I started a pilot position today
- BocaRick: @ascutia833sunset $FB But there is a lot of political risk in FB. #SEC had a statement on FB today. Will the #EU take a shot tomorrow?
- Wolf: $FB Watch for a dragonfly candlestick, probably tomorrow.
- issues: @Wolf $FB Will the feds regular social media? That's the big question for Suckerburg! (he is down like $23 billion)
- DAN: @Junior1 $FB I wouldn't touch FB now. It's a headline story now. Governments bureaucrats and politicians in the UK as well as the US are going to scrutinize FB very closely due to the recent data breach (and you can't call it anything other than a ...
- Remington: @DAN $FB I hear whispers of people not very happy about social media being used to "SPY" on America. I have my own opinions but Im not a FB user so I can't fairly comment. They might end up falling on their own sword if the FTC gets to =regulate now that Net Neutrality (should have named it REALLY CUTE PUPPY) is gone and the FCC might not be the correct entity to regulate (or not regulate) the internet which if controlled by 3 monopolies will eventually be used to squelch open ideas and freedoms. JM2C should be lots of vol. Best to all.
- Junior1: @Remington $FB I'm not worried about the loss of net neutrality. Our friend Lubin at Consensys is in the process of creating a decentralized internet. Buy Ether!
- bigbartabs: @Vehid $FB ... Facebook has become Faceplant.
- mharps: $FB took some cheap way out of the money calls-getting a move on the minute chart
- Nepenthe: @Wolf $FB Looks like we might just get that today.
- DAN: $FB (and semi-off-topic): Some call this a "horrifying misuse of user data". https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/20/facebook-data-cambridge-analytica-sandy-parakilas I just call it, "How do you think The Zuck was making his money?...and do you really think the guy who stole an idea and lied about it was NOT going to do this? Really? Would you do business with Zuckerberg? No? Well, actually, you've been doing business with him all along. You just didn't know it." How is this different than the Epipen scam by Allergan? It's not exactly the same, but it's not that far removed either.
- debeers: @DAN $FB --IMHO its worse than the pen because at least the pen saves lives and you know what the cost is. Facebook stole folk's buying habits, fears, what they believed, who their friends were, and on and on. He's a thief and everyone knows it and he acts as if he did nothing wrong at all to all of those folks. They are alike in one respect:arrogance in that they believed that they were so special that they deserved preferential treatment even when they got caught. $FB just abused more people. Disgusting & vile.
- mopick: @debeers $FB. OK, I'll bite & play devil's advocate here. FB, like all social media, accumulate data from their users, as do smartphones, apps, virtual assistants, etc. When you signed-up for FB it wasn't "free" and it doesn't necessarily exist for our pleasure. Users surrender certain degree of privacy according to the terms of the agreements. If you're outraged that FB used your info for business purposes then don't post personal details on social media. Same with Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. I'm not a huge fan of Zuckerburg but it's a bit hypocritical for people here to slam the guy considering how much money he's made for us for the many, many years. Just my humble opinion on a subject, again, not related to our purpose here which is to make money!!!
- antfarm: $FB $EFX Remember Equifax? They had by far a more serious data breach that no one volunteered for. It closed just under the 200dma having come off its low of about 6 months ago. $FB will recover once all the talking heads get done wailing and growling for the cameras. Just MHO. No position in either.
- Forexpro: Re: Markets Good Morning, Friends, The E-minis, which were nowhere at bedtime, sold off around the time London came in, although a goodly percentage of the lost ground has since been regained. I haven't seen anything other than a nebulous nervousness re: the FOMC and the uncertainty of life in general offered as reasons for the decline, but I may have missed something. Treasury note and bond futures are down, gold futures are flat, Nazz futures are down a decent amount thanks to $FB (to 6965, a drop of 1.12 percent. $FB is off 6.85, or 3.70 percent, at this moment). Oil futures, light sweet varietal, are flat. That's not much, but it's all that I know. Best of luck today!
- eacain: @Dan what to do when a stock you're holding gaps below your Stop Limit order (e.g., $FB rhrn before open)?
- Junior1: @eacain $FB If I'm not mistaken, @DAN covered this in a video recently. Basically -remove the stop -watch the opening moves, sometimes the first move is overdone -treat it as a new trade (59 minute' esque)
- DAN: @eacain $FB Sorry. Didn't see your post until just now. One way to handle it is to lift your stop when a stock gaps below it and then reassess. Typically, the wider the gap (downward), the greater the likelihood that the stock will rebound.
- debeers: $FB-Danny-- Really?? I am shocked, SHOCKED, that facebook uses the data of its users. Was anyone really dumb as a box of rocks to think that ZUCK was giving something to so many for nothing? If it weren't for its market clout, it could go down forever to give that thief what he deserves. So agree with you on this. Didja know that $FB's women ee's routinely get 15-20% less than the guys who work there? What a hypocrite. Good to know they are "trying" to correct that. is that anything like a kid playing video games "trying" to do his homework??
- coldevinc: @debeers $FB If you aren't buying you are the product being sold.
|Stock Price||$USD 201.74|
Facebook Inc operates a social networking website. The Company's products are Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Oculus. Its products enable people to connect and share through mobile devices and personal computers.Request Video of FB
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Facebook hit a new all-time high today.By Bridget June 23rd, 2015
- Time to Friend Facebook (FB)?By Dan December 4th, 2013
- July 25th, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 38.83 52.28%
- $USD 45.24 30.16%
- $USD 16.44 28.44%
- $USD 78.71 -7.23%
- $USD 41.72 -6.36%
- $USD 11.37 -5.06%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!