Expedia Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE)
Old Forum Content for EXPEMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $EXPE anti trend trade working. Looking to fill gap. Raised trailing stop
- traderbren: @bRobert $EXPE - what upside target are you looking for? I got in this off the bottom too.
- bRobert: @traderbren $EXPE $134 -135 Target 1
- bRobert: $EXPE Anti trend trade.Will look to add on gap fill. Stops raised
- bRobert: $EXPE $PCLN Watching counter trend move EXPE PCLN
- MtChet: $EXPE - Nice bounce today
- traderbren: @Junior1 $PCLN - yep, looks like the hurricane's effected their biz as it did for $EXPE
- traderbren: #Dumpster_dive - $EXPE - looks like its raising from the dead!
- bRobert: @traderbren $EXPE #Dumpster_dive Long leap call . spread
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $EXPE Expedia Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=EXPE&clip=93529
- bRobert: $EXPE bounce on 3x normal volume. Long leap call spread.
- bRobert: $EXPE head & shoulder top target acquired. $120. Stalking for patient long position on weather related issues. (stop to protect wrong thesis)
$EXPE - unexpected drop on decent earnings. Watch for a move above $125, otherwise stay away.
$MRK - another pharma down
$COG - alert on break above $27
$WYNN $ABBV - still in a squeeze
$QQQ - new all time high $XLK - leading the way
$SMH - new ...
10. $ANET -- volatility squeeze! Should expect profit-taking at $200. This is a squeeze within an uptrend. Can be continuation...but should close out some of this prior to earnings...or at least make sure that the position is manageable and can w ...
- Bridget: Earnings this afternoon: $GOOGL $AMZN $BIDU $WDC $MSFT $INTC $EXPE $GILD Earnings tomorrow: $MRK $CVX $ABBV $XOM $RCL
10. $EXPE – Set up for a trading bounce…but that’s all. We make money on stocks that go up, not on stocks that we buy at the low. Think about it.
11. $BIDU -- brutal.
12. $BABA -- will remove from GL if $166.75 is broken. Funda ...
- Cwaniak: $EXPE Do we know earnings date? I see Oct 26 and November 2nd - which date is correct?
- thehook1: @Cwaniak $EXPE 26th after confirmed
- Cwaniak: @thehook1 $EXPE Thank you.
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE long sideways consol now breaking above channel 50d looks to have stopped going down and flattening to slightly upward....if you squint maybe!
- bRobert: @bwcarnation1 $EXPE Low risk/high reward setup Long calls
- gig1: $EXPE Looks interesting today as it moves out of base on volume. Picking a little up here.
- bRobert: @gig1 $EXPE Long calls.
- bRobert: $EXPE Gap filled. will add on resumption of breakout
- traderbren: @bRobert $EXPE - yep. Seems to having problems getting going, but waiting for it to move back above $150.34
- bRobert: $EXPE pop from 50d. Like the weekly . long calls
- Cwaniak: @bRobert $EXPE I am with you Robert. Short puts.
- bRobert: $EXPE Target $160 . PCLN perky. filling gap. VERY Illiquid options no go for me.
- bRobert: $EXPE Nice low risk setup/entry Long calls
- bRobert: $EXPE good, low risk entry 144.70 stop. Add above 150
- bRobert: $EXPE Low risk entry. 50d just below. Will add above $150.
- bRobert: $EXPE Long calls from below. Will add above $150
- traderbren: @bRobert $PCLN - I agree $EXPE looks good too. Got some calls.
- bRobert: @traderbren $PCLN $EXPE EXPE calls are much more liquid than PCLN.
- bRobert: $DPZ . $PII . $EXPE . $HD $LOW DPZ target 225 . PII next leg up . $EXPE Will add above $150 HD/LOW . working Higher targets
- bRobert: $EXPE Counter trend trade. Small position from below. (142) Will add on further breakout . Target 165+ (1.272 fib extension)
- bRobert: $EXPE ADX cross. Watching for rise above 20. Will add above $150. Long calls
- Bridget: Stocks that are in a squeeze $GOOGL $EXPE $HCA $ALXN $LQD $ADP
- Bridget: #Notes: earnings: $NKE $DRI $CCL In a Squeeze: $GOGL $EXPE $HCA $ALXN $LQD $ADP Breaking out: $CL $OEC $EMN $FISV $TWX $VAC $GES $HPE $CLDX $ANET - bearish engulfing after new high $BMA - phase 2 $EA $ATVI - breaking down from squeeze $XAR - defense stocks seeing pullback, even with N Korea issues $MCO - working $MON - working $ABT $HD - new high after flag New lows - $DGX $INCY CHinese stocks taking a hit - $FXI $BABA BIDU SINA EDU TAL $PYPL $SQ $V - getting sold today $XLK - tech stocks took a big hit $MSFT $AVGO $LRCX $XLI - extended $EEM - dropped $GDX - finding support Oil stocks still running $MOD $LEA $DAN - auto parts working IPOs $AKCA $SOI
- bRobert: $EXPE Entry position. Stop $143.20
- bRobert: $EXPE on watch list . looking for support 50d to initiate enrtry
- bRobert: $GDX $EXPE GDX Will add above $23.10 EXPE low risk entry
- grcjr: #NASDAQ100 new highs (52+weeks): $INTU $AAL $EXPE $REGN $EA $AMAT $CHTR $HAS $CMCSA $CTSH $MAR $FISV $HSIC $TSLS $VRTX $SBUX. Big list today. Can't figure out where to be? Could try $SMH. Perhaps $SOXL
- DAN: @CHOFF $CTRP A couple of thoughts: 1. I would backstop your position with a stop just slightly below $50 (maybe even just below $52.00, which would be below today's open). Set an alert for $57, which will be slightly below the all time high. If your alert is hit, then you should be taking some profits. Whether you choose to sell all, or just a partial position...that's your choice. 8-) 2. Sell a bit now, and just let the rest ride. You've taken some off the table, which drops your cost basis on the rest...and scratches the itch of wanting to ring the register. CTRP does have good momentum, and all the vacation stocks (others call them "leisure"...I just say, "vacation") are working. $PCLN, $EXPE, $TRVG. All going higher. So I think it's right to hang on...but you should definitely be protecting your gains. Hope that helps.
- CHOFF: @DAN $CTRP $PCLN $EXPE $TRVG Thanks for your perspective on the momentum and options you'd consider. Much appreciated.
- JBed: $EXPE - down 3% after Chelsea Clinton joins board of directors? Don't see any other news.
- Bridget: $EXPE is making a strong breakout move. I would wait for a small pullback to get in, but i think there is more upside to this move.
- bwcarnation1: @Bridget $EXPE nice C and H pattern. been long
$EXPE - bit of a cup and handle breakout
$FIZZ - gap and run on earnings. Makers of LaCroix which is a big winner lately
$IDXX - IBD 50 stock coming out of squeeze at all time high
$ICE - $60 is still resistance but probably not for much longer
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE C and H
- traderbren: $CTRP - looking constructive. NP...but given $PCLN run and $EXPE report yesterday, $CTRP could move higher.
- bwcarnation1: @traderbren $CTRP $PCLN $EXPE cup and handle on CTRP?
- traderbren: $PCLN - for anyone holding a position; just a heads up that $EXPE reports after the close.
- olveoyl: @traderbren $PCLN $EXPE Hope you had that PCLN today! I am out of EXPE...thanks for the heads up!
- traderbren: @olveoyl $PCLN $EXPE - yep, sold my $PCLN calls. Can't risk holding them with $EXPE reporting.
- olveoyl: @traderbren $PCLN $EXPE excellent management!
- champ: $EXPE @ $122.75 --- This stock is also acting well going into earnings on Thursday 2/9/before ....could get an earnings run on this stock also...I'm holding a position.
- olveoyl: $EXPE....anyone watching this stock. It has been quite constructive today
- traderbren: @olveoyl $EXPE - yep, perking up. I'm in $PCLN - Feb $1540 calls. Doing well.
- olveoyl: @traderbren $EXPE $PCLN thats great! $PCLN bites too hard for me. But I did put up a chart to compare the two
- olveoyl: $EXPE one I have held for a week or so now...nice move up and out. Looks like a p/b coming on i/d charts....just a heads up
- olveoyl: $EXPE one to put on watch? Has a nice rounding on daily. Looks like earnings are around 2/9. It tried to get thru that 118ish level a couple days now but didnt hold. Anyone watching this stock?
- olveoyl: @olveoyl $EXPE $PCLN pushing thru ...so far anyways
- traderbren: $EXPE -- Bounce trade. Kissed the 200 dma
- traderbren: $PCLN -- off to the races after earnings! NP. but $EXPE might follow suit tomorrow.
- eaglEye: $EXPE ouch!
- shoredriver: @eaglEye $EXPE ?
- eaglEye: @shoredriver $EXPE bad miss for me, cut it this week on the bad market days, then the big gap today, made an offer it but missed
- eaglEye: $SINA still holding in there positive on the day. $EXPE $IGT charts unbroken, longs
- eaglEye: $EXPE what a fine miss on that one, Bridget called it out for us, have been busy and have not been long or short in a couple days
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE moving out of sideways consol.
- Bridget: Notes: Working: $EXPE, $PKG, $GDDY, $DISH, $TTEK, $AVP, $REN $IMAX - day 3, nice move off the low with earnings next week $MTCH - still in a tight squeeze $SYMC - rolling over $RH and $TEVA - still moving down $ARIA - major distribution $YRD -strong move today $LN - right at support Breaking Down - $EW, $AGX, $INGN, $EXEL, $OCLR,
- Bridget: $EXPE is breaking down below the lower BB on volume and this failed to recover to a higher high after the last time it tried to breakout to the downside. This is a very bearish pattern imo. It is moving lower rhrn
- Bridget: Notes: SPY is in a triangle pattern with the bottom at around $212.40. $ATEC - great example of a post split breakout $SBUX $PNRA $RAI $MO $EXPE $GCP $PAYX - not looking strong $CSX - nice gradual breakout $CLVS - working $SCOR - high volume move $SGYP - phase 2 $MSCC - breakout with increasing volume $HALO - breakout on weekly chart with volume
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE mayb moving up from a funny looking i.h.s going back to 6/9?? any thoughts
- IndyKbro: $EXPE looks like a good spot to take a shot
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE up nicely so far
- Chris_P: $expe catching a bid! I have BUPS and was kind of worried
- Kid2old: @Aragorn $AAL $ADBE $ADRO $ALK $ALNY $AMZN $APA $ASPS $ATI $ATVI $BIB $BIDU $BMY $CA $CAKE $CANF $CBRL $CBS $CEMP $CENX $CMG $COG $COR $CORE $COST $CRM $CSX $CTL $CTRP $CTSH $CVLT $DATA $DIS $DPLO $DRI $DSX $EAT $EBAY $EQIX $EXPE $FBIO $FDX $FOLD $FRSH $FTI $GOOG $GOOGL $GWW $HERO $HLF $IBB $ILMN $INSY $IP $ITB $JBHT $JUNO $KMI $LAKE $LJPC $LL $LNKD $LOCO $LOW $LVLT $LVS $MLNX $MSFT $MXL $MYGN $NDAQ $NDLS $NOC $NTES $NVDA $ONVO $ORCL $PM $QLD $QQQ $R $RAX $RDUS $RENN $RH $RL $RMBS $RWLK $SAVE $SDRL $SGY $SINA $SLCA $SU $SVXY $SWHC $SWN $SYNA $TASR $TDW $TQQQ $TREX $TROV $TSCO $TSLA $UA $ULTI $UTX $UVXY $V $VA $VISN $VIXY $VRX $VXX $WHR $WY $XHB $XIV $XLK $XLY $XOMA $XONE
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE even this one is moving up today bouncing off the 50dma which has leveled off from declining while 200dma gives this room to run b4 resistance.
- shoredriver: @bwcarnation1 $EXPE Yea and even gassy old $RLYP too!!!
- traderbren: $EXPE - hit the 50dma
- traderbren: $EXPE -- kissed the 50dma. Just might be a good point for a starter position. Watching for now.
- traderbren: $EXPE - given the pull back, we might see the start of phase 3.
- traderbren: $EXPE -- looks like the beginnings of phase 3
- bobbybwana: $CNX,$CVX,$PM,$MO,$FE,$SWHC,$CBOE,$CVS,$MCD,$EXPE,$CSX,$EXLS,$VZ,$GME,$AAPL,$GENC,$HPE,$XME I have a question for you more experienced investors. I have quite a few stocks and I have 15 other breakouts I'm following. The dilemma is do I add $ to my existing positions or chase the breakouts?
- Bridget: $EXPE trying to push through the 200MA
- traderbren: @Bridget $EXPE - nice! Took the Apr $110 Calls last week.
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE break out from vs continues on vol. cramer helped this a.m. saying it is the best travel company with the home away acquistiton. also above 200d
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE up 4.6% in v.s. (8%) wanted to add but didn't expect it would go up so much today being just below 200d...will wait till monday to see what happens with market
- traderbren: $EXPE - downgraded to sell. Not sure whether its a short here, but will be watching...for now.
- BocaRick: @traderbren $EXPE #Stiefel downgraded with a PT 95, lots of downside if it falls, watching
- ernie_moore: @traderbren $EXPE Yeah, after Dan flashed the chart over the weekend, I was looking at a possible shorting opportunity also.
- sonisim: $EXPE.,$ELLI Anyone following . stock looks good to go, but i keep thinking these two will have pullback after earnings spike like FB... Any feedback would be appreciated..
- PhilHarmonic: @sonisim $EXPE $ELLI I feel that these two stocks, if their earnings and guidance is as good as Facebook's, will move in the same direction as the SP-500.
- sonisim: @PhilHarmonic $EXPE $ELLI sent reply directly to your email... thanks for your response, i was hoping to go long on these two stocks,,but if i am understanding your point of view, i should still be on the side lines.... until we see more clarity..
- Bridget: $EXPE $PCLN $TRIP all having a nice up day. The question is, buy or sell into this strength?
- grcjr: @Bridget $EXPE $PCLN $TRIP - same question on stocks that are down this morning. I believe we are not done wrestling with Europe, China, Oil, The Fed, etc. so my bias is generally down.
- Hackberry: @Bridget $EXPE $PCLN $TRIP As you said earlier on $tsla, a trailing stop is a great thing when one can't decide and want to stay out of trouble.
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE after hitting ah low of 82 now above $104
|Stock Price||$USD 106.38|
Expedia Inc is an online travel company. The Company offers holiday packages, rental cars, cruises, as well as destination services and activities. Its business segments are Leisure and Egencia.Request Video of EXPE
Already a member? Sign in here.
- EXPE at fresh highsBy Bridget July 31st, 2015
- Expedia Inc., -- Breaking a Multi-Month DowntrendBy Gary June 11th, 2014
- April 26th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 17.03 31.65%
- $USD 18.15 18.46%
- $USD 42.27 15.56%
- $USD 26.67 -21.36%
- $USD 106.38 -20.92%
- $USD 167.13 -18.26%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!