Expedia Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE)
Old Forum Content for EXPEMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Bridget: $EXPE is making a strong breakout move. I would wait for a small pullback to get in, but i think there is more upside to this move.
- bwcarnation1: @Bridget $EXPE nice C and H pattern. been long
$EXPE - bit of a cup and handle breakout
$FIZZ - gap and run on earnings. Makers of LaCroix which is a big winner lately
$IDXX - IBD 50 stock coming out of squeeze at all time high
$ICE - $60 is still resistance but probably not for much longer
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE C and H
- traderbren: $CTRP - looking constructive. NP...but given $PCLN run and $EXPE report yesterday, $CTRP could move higher.
- bwcarnation1: @traderbren $CTRP $PCLN $EXPE cup and handle on CTRP?
- traderbren: $PCLN - for anyone holding a position; just a heads up that $EXPE reports after the close.
- olveoyl: @traderbren $PCLN $EXPE Hope you had that PCLN today! I am out of EXPE...thanks for the heads up!
- traderbren: @olveoyl $PCLN $EXPE - yep, sold my $PCLN calls. Can't risk holding them with $EXPE reporting.
- olveoyl: @traderbren $PCLN $EXPE excellent management!
- champ: $EXPE @ $122.75 --- This stock is also acting well going into earnings on Thursday 2/9/before ....could get an earnings run on this stock also...I'm holding a position.
- olveoyl: $EXPE....anyone watching this stock. It has been quite constructive today
- traderbren: @olveoyl $EXPE - yep, perking up. I'm in $PCLN - Feb $1540 calls. Doing well.
- olveoyl: @traderbren $EXPE $PCLN thats great! $PCLN bites too hard for me. But I did put up a chart to compare the two
- olveoyl: $EXPE one I have held for a week or so now...nice move up and out. Looks like a p/b coming on i/d charts....just a heads up
- olveoyl: $EXPE one to put on watch? Has a nice rounding on daily. Looks like earnings are around 2/9. It tried to get thru that 118ish level a couple days now but didnt hold. Anyone watching this stock?
- olveoyl: @olveoyl $EXPE $PCLN pushing thru ...so far anyways
- traderbren: $EXPE -- Bounce trade. Kissed the 200 dma
- traderbren: $PCLN -- off to the races after earnings! NP. but $EXPE might follow suit tomorrow.
- eaglEye: $EXPE ouch!
- shoredriver: @eaglEye $EXPE ?
- eaglEye: @shoredriver $EXPE bad miss for me, cut it this week on the bad market days, then the big gap today, made an offer it but missed
- eaglEye: $SINA still holding in there positive on the day. $EXPE $IGT charts unbroken, longs
- eaglEye: $EXPE what a fine miss on that one, Bridget called it out for us, have been busy and have not been long or short in a couple days
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE moving out of sideways consol.
- Bridget: Notes: Working: $EXPE, $PKG, $GDDY, $DISH, $TTEK, $AVP, $REN $IMAX - day 3, nice move off the low with earnings next week $MTCH - still in a tight squeeze $SYMC - rolling over $RH and $TEVA - still moving down $ARIA - major distribution $YRD -strong move today $LN - right at support Breaking Down - $EW, $AGX, $INGN, $EXEL, $OCLR,
- Bridget: $EXPE is breaking down below the lower BB on volume and this failed to recover to a higher high after the last time it tried to breakout to the downside. This is a very bearish pattern imo. It is moving lower rhrn
- Bridget: Notes: SPY is in a triangle pattern with the bottom at around $212.40. $ATEC - great example of a post split breakout $SBUX $PNRA $RAI $MO $EXPE $GCP $PAYX - not looking strong $CSX - nice gradual breakout $CLVS - working $SCOR - high volume move $SGYP - phase 2 $MSCC - breakout with increasing volume $HALO - breakout on weekly chart with volume
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE mayb moving up from a funny looking i.h.s going back to 6/9?? any thoughts
- IndyKbro: $EXPE looks like a good spot to take a shot
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE up nicely so far
- Chris_P: $expe catching a bid! I have BUPS and was kind of worried
- Kid2old: @Aragorn $AAL $ADBE $ADRO $ALK $ALNY $AMZN $APA $ASPS $ATI $ATVI $BIB $BIDU $BMY $CA $CAKE $CANF $CBRL $CBS $CEMP $CENX $CMG $COG $COR $CORE $COST $CRM $CSX $CTL $CTRP $CTSH $CVLT $DATA $DIS $DPLO $DRI $DSX $EAT $EBAY $EQIX $EXPE $FBIO $FDX $FOLD $FRSH $FTI $GOOG $GOOGL $GWW $HERO $HLF $IBB $ILMN $INSY $IP $ITB $JBHT $JUNO $KMI $LAKE $LJPC $LL $LNKD $LOCO $LOW $LVLT $LVS $MLNX $MSFT $MXL $MYGN $NDAQ $NDLS $NOC $NTES $NVDA $ONVO $ORCL $PM $QLD $QQQ $R $RAX $RDUS $RENN $RH $RL $RMBS $RWLK $SAVE $SDRL $SGY $SINA $SLCA $SU $SVXY $SWHC $SWN $SYNA $TASR $TDW $TQQQ $TREX $TROV $TSCO $TSLA $UA $ULTI $UTX $UVXY $V $VA $VISN $VIXY $VRX $VXX $WHR $WY $XHB $XIV $XLK $XLY $XOMA $XONE
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE even this one is moving up today bouncing off the 50dma which has leveled off from declining while 200dma gives this room to run b4 resistance.
- shoredriver: @bwcarnation1 $EXPE Yea and even gassy old $RLYP too!!!
- traderbren: $EXPE - hit the 50dma
- traderbren: $EXPE -- kissed the 50dma. Just might be a good point for a starter position. Watching for now.
- traderbren: $EXPE - given the pull back, we might see the start of phase 3.
- traderbren: $EXPE -- looks like the beginnings of phase 3
- bobbybwana: $CNX,$CVX,$PM,$MO,$FE,$SWHC,$CBOE,$CVS,$MCD,$EXPE,$CSX,$EXLS,$VZ,$GME,$AAPL,$GENC,$HPE,$XME I have a question for you more experienced investors. I have quite a few stocks and I have 15 other breakouts I'm following. The dilemma is do I add $ to my existing positions or chase the breakouts?
- Bridget: $EXPE trying to push through the 200MA
- traderbren: @Bridget $EXPE - nice! Took the Apr $110 Calls last week.
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE break out from vs continues on vol. cramer helped this a.m. saying it is the best travel company with the home away acquistiton. also above 200d
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE up 4.6% in v.s. (8%) wanted to add but didn't expect it would go up so much today being just below 200d...will wait till monday to see what happens with market
- traderbren: $EXPE - downgraded to sell. Not sure whether its a short here, but will be watching...for now.
- BocaRick: @traderbren $EXPE #Stiefel downgraded with a PT 95, lots of downside if it falls, watching
- ernie_moore: @traderbren $EXPE Yeah, after Dan flashed the chart over the weekend, I was looking at a possible shorting opportunity also.
- sonisim: $EXPE.,$ELLI Anyone following . stock looks good to go, but i keep thinking these two will have pullback after earnings spike like FB... Any feedback would be appreciated..
- PhilHarmonic: @sonisim $EXPE $ELLI I feel that these two stocks, if their earnings and guidance is as good as Facebook's, will move in the same direction as the SP-500.
- sonisim: @PhilHarmonic $EXPE $ELLI sent reply directly to your email... thanks for your response, i was hoping to go long on these two stocks,,but if i am understanding your point of view, i should still be on the side lines.... until we see more clarity..
- Bridget: $EXPE $PCLN $TRIP all having a nice up day. The question is, buy or sell into this strength?
- grcjr: @Bridget $EXPE $PCLN $TRIP - same question on stocks that are down this morning. I believe we are not done wrestling with Europe, China, Oil, The Fed, etc. so my bias is generally down.
- Hackberry: @Bridget $EXPE $PCLN $TRIP As you said earlier on $tsla, a trailing stop is a great thing when one can't decide and want to stay out of trouble.
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE after hitting ah low of 82 now above $104
- traderbren: #AH's Badlands -- some wild rides in the AH badlands. $TWTR, $TSLA, $WFM, $ORLY, $SKX, $EXPE
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE up 16.88% AH on earnings. was going to add to position today till I realized E tonite...oh well I'm happy it's up that's for sure
- pacmentor: It's interesting that futures are down a fair bit despite strong after-hours moves in $TSLA, $EXPE and $CSCO - a sure sign of a bear market!
- traderbren: @judysteiner - they all did the typical zigzag in AH, but found buyers to move higher. $AMZN reported a huge buyback, so we'll see whether it can push above $500. $WFM initially traded off, but bounced, not sure what transpired in the conf call. $TSLA traded off big, but then popped and never looked back. The shorts will be scrambling tomorrow. $EXPE also traded off initially, but then popped and held. Based on dreaded OIL, we'll see whether there's any strength tomorrow.
- drmike54: @pacmentor $TSLA $EXPE $CSCO The behavior of this market this afternoon was the behavior of a bear market. The inability of this market to generate even a 'dead cat bounce' is scary......
- Bridget: $EXPE about to hit a new low for this year. Weekly chart is ugly.
- traderbren: @Bridget $EXPE - Goldman downgraded the group.
- Trixie: @Bridget $EXPE most of that Leisure group from idb looks pretty rough.. the cruise lines are another group that looks to be taking on water pretty good. $RCL, $CCL, $NCLH. $SIX seems to be holing the 200ma and $WYNN looks like it might be in the process of some kind of base down here.. Seems to have attracted a lot of volume down here.. Could those 2 lows around the 50ma be the start of a double bottom.. Or do we need another bounce at 50 or just around there to scare those who thought it was a double bottom out.. I know a move over 75ish would tell us we'd be moving higher on this one
$AXP, $CAT, $EXPE, $GS, $JPM, $HD, $PYPL, $TWTR, $WFM
Stock market Bulls are aware that this market can readily fall another 10% or more in the next few weeks.
Below are Tuesday’s leading analysts upgrades, downgrades and initiations from to ...
- DAN: @1winkie $AXP $CAT $EXPE $GS $JPM $HD $PYPL $TWTR $WFM Great post, 1winkie. Thanks for writing that! :-)
- Bridget: $BMY and $EXPE breaking below yesterday's lows
- dkoran: @Bridget $BMY $EXPE I have a stop at 113.20 on $EXPE after playing for a bounce. Not working as you can see.
- dkoran: @Jorma $UVXY $XIV $UVXY out at 39.12 from 38. looking to get back in later. Also had sold some Jan 46 calls from yesterday and BTC earlier this am when $UVXY was down for about a 40% gain . Would have been a good day if not for trying to scalp some $EXPE which i got stopped out for a nice $3 loss on 200 shares.
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE added small to position on this move above 50d
- jltrader1: Annual changes to Nasdaq-100 become effective on Monday morning Dec 21 $QQQ : Added: $CTRP, $ENDP, $EXPE, $MXIM, $NCLH, $TMUS $ULTA. Removed: $CHRW, $EXPD, $GMCR, $GRMN, $SPLS, $VIP $WYNN.
- lasastre: $EXPE I do not believe that there are any fundamental changes in this business. I bought to Open the Jan. 16 call at the entry point of $109
- BocaRick: #BAGEL Mark Maheney RBC Capital, 5 best internet companies for 2016 $BABA, $AMZN, $GOOGL, $EXPE, and $LNKD. Still likes $FB, but not in top 5.
- Bridget: @BocaRick $BABA $AMZN $GOOGL $EXPE $LNKD $FB #BAGEL I think putting $LNKD above $FB is absurd.
- BocaRick: @Bridget $BABA $AMZN $GOOGL $EXPE $LNKD $FB #BAGEL Cramer has FANG, he now owns BAGEL?
- LMReeder: $EXPE Above sqweeze level, and just above 50d. might work.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $EXPE Expedia Inc. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=EXPE&clip=63941
- DAN: @grcjr $TRIP $EXPE and $PCLN also working
- Shopaholic526: $EXPE Is $EXPE in a squeeze?
- bwcarnation1: @Shopaholic526 $EXPE was just looking at it, 6.1% sq...was thinking of adding to position but waiting for it to move above yest intraday high
- DAN: @Shopaholic526 $EXPE I'd suggest waiting ror a move back above the 50-day moving average....or a pullback to $120, where you are buying right at support.
- bigbartabs: @DAN $EXPE ... per your comment to wait for a $120 pullback... made me wonder, do you tend to like flat resistance / support points to take action, as opposed to sloped trend lines? In case that question doesn't make any damned sense... here is why I ask. Taking the weekly chart (which I use a lot more now), It's easy for me to see why you picked $120 due to recent flat line support. If you strike a low trend line from 2/9 to say 11/23... the line intersects the chart's edge at about 122.50 Have you found that flat lines vs sloped lines are used more by traders and algorithms (ie the market)? Just wondering what your experience has been technically... any rules of thumb based on experience.
- TraderG: $EXPE -falling off the table --I don't see any news -NP yet --has anyone heard anything?
- Sirgedas: $EXPE Expedia CEO Says TripAdvisor’s Booking Deal With Priceline Group Is Exclusive $TRIP $PCLN (from StockTwits)
- TraderG: @Sirgedas $EXPE $TRIP $PCLN -Thanks . It traded 500K shares in about 6 min and went down to 124.50 . I should have jumped in.
- Forexpro: @TraderG $EXPE Hi, TraderG, All Theflyonthewall is offering is a note that the CEO acknowledged today at the Phocuswright Conference (?) that the company is shut out of TripAdvisor Instant Booking due to the latter's exclusivie pact with $PCLN. If I see anything else, I'll shout; all the best.
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE ramping after fed minutes release up 4% getting just above the 50dma
- Trixie: @bwcarnation1 $EXPE off of the weekly chart the location looks pretty decent. Would have been nicer to have caught it earlier this week.. Hind sight is always more obvious tho.
- issues: @Trixie $EXPE We love our adorable cat with the same name "Trixie" b/c she does cute cat tricks!
- steve71: BTO $PCLN 1251. $EXPE $PCLN $AMZN $FB $LNKD The Mark Mehaney Top 5 Holdings is getting whacked. Priceline looks like a buy on a 200 dma bounce. Started 20% position. The 200 day has been a good buy point this year.
- steve71: @steve71 $PCLN $EXPE $AMZN $FB $LNKD Does anyone know why these messages post twice? Can a duplicate be deleted?
- mradams0621: @steve71 $PCLN $EXPE $AMZN $FB $LNKD Double posts-- just refresh your screen, they go away--- do not know why
- steve71: @mradams0621 $PCLN $EXPE $AMZN $FB $LNKD Thanks!
- bwcarnation1: $AWAY being bought by $EXPE
- GreenGhost: @bwcarnation1 $AWAY $EXPE FWIW $PCLN been sniffing one too with KAYAK tie up from this June past ; I been doing biz with $AWAY via VRBO sub via real estate rental prop listings for over 10 years when company was mom/pop startup ; Both FlipKey and TripAdvisor have been very aggressive in pursuing my (minnow-like) business over past few months ; quite a dogfight for market share in that space ; hate to see more consolidation /concentration of pricing power as number of players shrinks ; thx for post.
- steve71: $EXPE $PCLN $AMZN $FB $LNKD The whole Mark Mehaney group is outperforming
- champ: $EXPE and $AMZN both very close to an all time highs this morning....could break out ...no position just watching both. This is all good for $SPY $MDY and $IWM ...I'm long $SSO this morning. Don't really know where the market is going but I think the bottom could be in. Now it all depends on earnings going forward. China GDP # last night was not good or not to bad...just OK.
- steve71: $AMZN $EXPE $FB $PCLN $LNKD The Mark Mehaney list is widely outperforming today.
- steve71: $EXPE $PCLN $AMZN $FB $LNKD Mark Mehaney, frequent CNBC guest, listed these five as his fund's top holdings a few months ago. All are above their 50 dma. A variation on the FANG group.
- bwcarnation1: $EXPE bought last week sold today as it is selling off.
- steve71: $EXPE Expedia suddenly moving up.
- bwcarnation1: @steve71 $EXPE just going to ask if anyone has news...I have a tiny position from yesterday
|Stock Price||$USD 151.98|
Expedia Inc is an online travel company. The Company offers holiday packages, rental cars, cruises, as well as destination services and activities. Its business segments are Leisure and Egencia.Request Video of EXPE
Already a member? Sign in here.
- EXPE at fresh highsBy Bridget July 31st, 2015
- Expedia Inc., -- Breaking a Multi-Month DowntrendBy Gary June 11th, 2014
- July 27th, 2017 - 2017 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 63.34 14.61%
- $USD 6.75 13.46%
- $USD 27.05 12.17%
- $USD 7.38 -8.94%
- $USD 20.61 -8.86%
- $USD 30.95 -8.81%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 48,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (48,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!