California Resources Corporation (NYSE:CRC)
Old Forum Content for CRCMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- baronp0329: @champ $DK $C - Interesting. I've never traded DK, just $MPC $VLO. Will have to do some research on DK. In fact, added to $MPC yesterday (now full position). Also started new positions in $PXD (174.50) and $CRC (18.42) this morning.
- champ: @baronp0329 $DK $C $MPC $VLO $PXD $CRC ---- $DK has dropped from the high because of the markets....you will be surprised when you do the research
- Samik: @DAN $BABA $MOMO $C $SEDG $CRC $CC $SINA $AAPL Thank you for studying them. Saw the advice in @Rachels note. This is what I take out of it. Let me know if my understanding is right. Requests: 1. $BABA – Needing to build more base between $165-$190. Strong with China stocks. ---------- Hold on to what I have 2. $SINA – same. -------------------------------- Hold on to what I have 3. $MOMO – No mo. -------------------------- Consider selling them off 4. $C – Mature uptrend. Not interesting to me...but tracking 50-day MA -------------------- Take profits & sell off. Redeploy in better stocks 5. $SEDG – How much more do you want? Needs a big rest here. ----------------------- Take profits & sell. 6. $CRC –extended. ------------------------------- Take profits & sell 7. $CC – buyable at $55ish. ------------------- Hold on to what I have. Add more @ $55.
- Samik: @DAN $BABA $MOMO $C $SEDG $CRC $CC $SINA $AAPL Tx a ton. Just went thru the video of your strategy session of yesterday & noticed that you covered all of them. Appreciate. Am already in execution mode as per your advice. Tx for suggesting to buy them in time & sell them in time with good profits. cheers :)
- Samik: @DAN Wishing you & your family & all in the forum a very happy new year. Desired to have your views (add more / sell) on some of the stocks in my portfolio. $BABA (+7.5% profit), $MOMO (-17.5% loss), $C ( 15% profit), $SEDG ( 21% profit), $CRC ( 35% profit), $CC ( 13% profit), $SINA (17% profit), $AAPL ( 75% profit).
- bRobert: @Samik $BABA $MOMO $C $SEDG $CRC $CC $SINA $AAPL Many of these are premier holding stocks. Look at the weekly chart of BABA. This is not a flash in the pan. Are you a trader ? Do you like holding stocks for extended periods of time for superior price appreciation? BABA just getting started.
- DAN: @Samik $BABA $MOMO $C $SEDG $CRC $CC $SINA $AAPL Hi Samik. Happy new year to you and your family! I'll look at these tonight.
- Samik: @bRobert $BABA $MOMO $C $SEDG $CRC $CC $SINA $AAPL Yes I like holding stocks for extended periods of time for superior price appreciation. Am a long time trader but it does not mean that I will hold to a stock giving 10% profit today instead of selling that & buying something that can give me 25%. Hence put the profit & loss status of these stocks in my portfolio.
- Samik: @DAN $BABA $MOMO $C $SEDG $CRC $CC $SINA $AAPL Thank you Dan. Will look fwd to hearing from you. Appreciate.
- michaelH: @DAN $BABA $MOMO $C $SEDG $CRC $CC $SINA $AAPL You can add $TCEHY to the list
- bRobert: @Samik $BABA $MOMO $C $SEDG $CRC $CC $SINA $AAPL I got a return of over 500% on BABA last year holding leap calls. Not trading the squiggles. Again, depends upon your time frame.
- CHOFF: @bRobert $BABA $MOMO $C $SEDG $CRC $CC $SINA $AAPL - how long was the term of your leap contract and how many times did you roll it?
6. $CRC –extended.
7. $CC – buyable at $55ish.
8. $HOV – very extended here. Up 35% in 8 days. Doubled in 4 months. Would not be adding. Would be taking profits.
- Samik: @DAN. these were stocks that you mentioned at some point in time across the last 3 months. But don't hear about them now. Would like to have your advice on them -- buy / sell / add : - $STRL (-5.3% loss), $THC (-22% loss), $SEDG (22% gain), $COG (-7% loss), $CRC (14% gain), $KEY (6.27% gain), $CC (10.04% gain), $SINA (12.49% gain), $SMTC (-8.3% gain), $AMT (30% gain), $AAPL (79% gain). $RIOT went down by 8% :( cheers
- gwenzee: $CRC Bought yesterday. Stopped out this morning.
- gwenzee: $CRC Bought today. California's largest oil and natural gas exploration and production company. Formed an enticing J-Hook pattern.
- Samik: @DAN given the deep fall today, does it make sense to add to the existing portfolio of some of the growth stocks that you haven suggesting over the past few months e.g. $WB $NFLX $SMTC $CC $SEDG $CRC $COG $AAPL ?
- DAN: @Samik $WB $NFLX $SMTC $CC $SEDG $CRC $COG $AAPL Good question, Samik. I wouldn't be adding any of those to the growth stock list b/c they don't have all the traits that we're looking for. Growth in EPS/Revs, ROE is good, etc.
4. $CRC – high short interest
5. $SM – new uptrend. Pullback on declining volume
6. $COG – breaking out
$SPX – Status quo. Market holding steady….
$T2125 – Nasdaq Composite – negative divergenc ...
- Allen: $CRC Going to the moon
- ag1: $CRC strong today
- champ: @jan2138 #Oil - Here are a few Spec trades..big % movers #For everyone... just from today... 14-36% gainers... just buy them all and hang around with trailing stops....$LGCY $TDW $CRC $VNR $BCEI $MEMP...1 or 2 of these could catch a Monster breakout... even higher from here....I just don't know which one or when. ..... For Spec Traders only.....
- issues: @champ $LGCY $TDW $CRC $VNR $BCEI $MEMP #Oil #For Champ these really bring back ol' memories of years gone bye bye when I used to trade $LGCY $BCEI & $VNR. I am amazed at how far they've fallen from grace. You must have been going through the dumpster to find these long forgotten. Are you buying/holding any? Thanks for the research. We count on you since you are the Champ!! Right?
7. $CRC – this is what a short squeeze looks like. 50% short. Probably moving higher from here.
8. $DNR – see above. 26% short
9. $WLL – see above. 38% short
10. $MUR – resistance at $36.
11. $NOV – still rangebound ...
- woodman: $WTI $CIE $BBG $CRC - some small #OilandGas stocks that I can envision moving higher.
- champ: @woodman $WTI $CIE $BBG $CRC #OilandGas - $CIE is the stock that I made the most money ever in the stock market.... with an overnight swing trade..and I had an oversize position. They had a big Oil discovery that night. ....it was in early 2013....I will never forget it. This stock was once a hi flyer.
- woodman: @champ $WTI $CIE $BBG $CRC #OilandGas Wow, amazing! That's awesome.
- woodman: Some interesting #OilandGas, including some cheapies that are moving back up: $WTI $CIE $SN $AAV $ROYT $CRC $CRK. I liked $NFG on the move up through the 50 day but I was too slow to pull the trigger and missed it.
- Bridget: $CRC is moving higher rhrn. This still has a lot of overhead resistance to fight through but this is coming out of a squeeze after earnings and is now above the 200 and 50MA. Very high IV in this stock.
- Bridget: Notes: $ZBRA - big move on earnings today. Extended on the daily but not on the weekly $CARA - seeing really good volume on this recent rally and now holding above $10 $TWLO - done going down and making a strong move today $ACIA - also starting to look done going down, now trading sideways $BGNE - ipo new high $VEEV - moving higher into earnings next week $CRC - nice move off the 200MA. wait for pullback and watch the weekly chart $CEQP - coming out of squeeze on the weekly $XLE - getting close to breaking out of this trading range $TLND and $NTNX - both ipos that are starting to form a new uptrend on the daily $ABX $NEM - second day of this bounce in gold. keep in mind the overall trend is still down. Only play the up for a swing trade.
- czfarrah: $CRC I've heard some good things about this one. Any thoughts?
- czfarrah: @czfarrah $CRC @dan
- czfarrah: $crc looking good. Got in just now.
- cmac: @czfarrah $crc not sure what time-frame you're looking at, but on daily it looks like an evening star reversal pattern ?
- czfarrah: @cmac $crc 6 months
- tjv821: $CRC is this considered a flag pattern??
- woodman: #OilandGas Stocks - I looked through many of their charts this evening. I can't list all the "good" ones, but, if interested, here's a list of 20 such stocks with charts that particularly caught my interest. They appear to have based, are moving higher, and have room to go much higher should the Market gods smile upon them. Most are low priced (having been crushed), but still have decent daily volume. Fwiw: $PVA $LNCO $BCEI $BBEP $SFY $WHZ $AREX $AXAS $JONE $ERF $WPX $UPL $NBL $CHK $CRC $DVN $MRO $APA $EPE $SN
- tjv821: $CRC anyone else looking at this??
- Bridget: $CRC was my only shining stock today
- DAN: $CLFD $CRC $DDD $KEX -- please tell me that you are long at least one of these stocks (or call options).
- AlanB: @DAN - 3 out of 4 $CLFD $DDD $KEX Got to look at $CRC.
- nb8702: $CRC Dan mentioned $CRC in the weekend overview. I put on a small position of common on 2/03/2015 at $5.80 a shr. Below I pasted my original post from 2/3. Attached is a good article to read. Off to therapy good day to all......... $CRC Feel like a gamble. Read the 2 page article. http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/california-resources-corp-crc-soroban-capital-partners-discloses-10-activist-position-338751/
- tnt: Been posting long setups in small cap energy $CRC & $PVA in recent weeks. Taking profits into today's strength
- tnt: $CRC chart https://www.tradingview.com/x/cfGZg6dP/ $CRC low $ spinoff from $OXY wants a $10 handle in time. Ascending triangle breakout in action. Long stock
- tnt: $CRC chart https://www.tradingview.com/x/hwSAirtx/ $CRC new issue spinoff from $OXY. Strong earnings. $14 PT by $BAC. Bullish symmetrical triangle. Long here
- Bridget: $CRC $NEM $NE $SWN all continuing to trend higher
- nb8702: $CRC Feel like a gamble. Read the 2 page article. http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/california-resources-corp-crc-soroban-capital-partners-discloses-10-activist-position-338751/
- Iceman: #Oil - independent oil and gas companies to AVOID. All these are small cap names, could be highly leveraged (I didn't check each one), and will be the ones likely to FAIL in an extended low oil price environment. $IVAN Ivanhoe Energy Inc. $EOX Emerald Oil, Inc. $MPO Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc. $LEI Lucas Energy, Inc. $ESCR Escalera Resources Co. $FST Forest Oil Corporation $LINE Linn Energy, LLC $ECR Eclipse Resources Corporation $REN Resolute Energy Corporation $CRK Comstock Resources Inc. $ROSE Rosetta Resources, Inc. $XCO EXCO Resources Inc. $EPE EP Energy Corporation $GDP Goodrich Petroleum Corp. $CRC California Resources Corporation $MEMP Memorial Production Partners LP $WHZ Whiting USA Trust II $TGC Tengasco Inc. $WHX Whiting USA Trust I $KWK Quicksilver Resources Inc. Do not speculate in names like this. Stick to SP500 energy companies and you will ride out this wave and participate in any recovery on the other side.
|Stock Price||$USD 35.93|
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 2nd, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 10.61 76.85%
- $USD 35.93 41.53%
- $USD 26.84 34.76%
- $USD 5.25 -8.22%
- $USD 9.63 -6.43%
- $USD 19.11 -6.14%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!