Alibaba Group Holding Limited American Depositary Shares each representing one (NYSE:BABA)
Old Forum Content for BABAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bsafriet: $ATHM $WB $BABA $BZUN $WUBA $TCEHY As I feared, all the hineese internet stocks are tanking today on capt chaos’s threats of additional tariffs. $TCEHY hit the worse, down 9.5%, but looking like the bleeding may be done, at least for the moment.
- champ: $DJI 23,957 ...down about 10% now from the record high ---- #Tariffs ---- Signing of the Memo today on tariffs, gives China and the U.S.,15 days to negotiate a deal before they go into effect. China just said again, that they don't want a trade war. This is a chess game and they are using the markets in China and the U.S., as part of these on going negotiations. Not good for the markets at all, as we can all see. China's stocks were all down today also ....$BABA was down 5.6%, $WB was also down 6.96%, plus 1000's of others.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $BABA Alibaba Group Holding Limited American Depositary Shares each representing one. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=BABA&clip=99386
- Junior1: @StockMarketMentor $BABA This is a false alarm. 3 days old... the premise is no longer valid, as it was for a BO, now it's pulling back
11. $BABA – Alert $200
12. $M – Still watching $30.
14. $FSLR – up 2% on crappy day.
15. $CSIQ – earnings.
16. $SPWR – has been rangebound for a long time. Extremely speculative.
- mr_tiggy: any $baba news?
- Forexpro: @mr_tiggy $baba Hi, Mr_Tiggy, " March 15 (Reuters) - E-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd <BABA.N> is working on a plan to list on a stock exchange in its home country, China, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter. Alibaba is evaluating ways in which its shares could be traded by investors on the mainland, the newspaper reported http://on.wsj.com/2peqrpb, adding that a secondary listing in China could happen as soon as this summer if the country's securitiesrules are changed to allow listings of foreign companies. The news of a probable listing comes a few weeks after it was reported that China may allow its offshore-listed tech giants to sell a form of shares on the mainland." All the best!
- DrScience: $BABA as noted yesterday, Inside day resolving to the upside. Watching for $196 to hold.
- bsafriet: $BABA $WUBA $WB With Capt Chaos declaring a trade war on China are the Chinese internet ADRs safe to hold/trade? Opinions please!
- BobbyG: @bsafriet $BABA $WUBA $WB I was unaware of a trade war being declared. If there was one declared, I would focus on the items being targeted and see if the stocks you mentioned have any affiliation.
bsafriet: $ESIO $WUBA $BABA $PYPL $TREE $CAMP $IIVI $BOTZ
Opened new long positions in these today, with smaller than my normal starting size in the China ADR’s due to my concern regarding potential actions by China in retaliation for Capt Chaos’s ...
12. $BABA – Consolidating. Has potential for test of $200. Alert $194.50
13. $BLUE – waiting for lower prices.
14. $TWTR – New 52 week high, and up on volume.
15. $CAMP – IBD 50 stock. Pullback, low entry here with suppo ...
16. $BABA - buy, sell or hold? "Hold" it if you own it. But it's in the middle of the range. No edge.
17. $ATHM - supply at $90. Needs more work before breaking out.
18. $WYNN - buy or sell? I would sell...as a function of discipline ...
- Spoons24: @Aragorn $FIVE $AAPL $LGIH $NOW $PETS $SEDG $SKX $VNOM $BABA $CPRT $EV $HTHT $NVDA $PYPL $WB $HTH $LGND #research-buy-list Thank you @Aragorn Looks like I have some interesting homework tonight. I appreciate your feedback.
- champ: @Aragorn $FIVE $AAPL $LGIH $NOW $PETS $SEDG $SKX $VNOM $BABA $CPRT $EV $HTHT $NVDA $PYPL $WB $HTH $LGND #research-buy-list --- Thanks, for taking time and for the work involved, for this... Great reply....I have targets on $FIVE $BABA and $NVDA. I have positions in $LGIH and $AAPL and I'm doing work on $ALK. Take Care! LOL
PAGS ; an IBD 50 stock and a new issue making new highs everyday practically gave another of my favorite setups a sideways drift into a rising 8ema – we have an outside Bar daily that is setup for Monday. Outside Bar means for the most part a ...
- DrScience: $BABA after sharp selloff intra-day, now working on higher low and higher high. at yesterday's high. Long MAR 190 Calls @ 2.60.
- BobbyG: $BABA held the 20DMA and has been wrestling with the 50 today and just went positive. I have an APR Iron Condor with short strikes at 165 and 200 Put and Call respectively. I do not like my position as this stock tends to catch fire when it breaks the 50. Watching...
- BobbyG: $BABA Looking like it is going to have a good day. May dabble here if it breaks the 50 with any conviction.
- issues: @debeers $BA Cramer came down negative/hard on BA $CAT (NP in either) and Chinese stocks due to the steel tariffs. I just sold 1/2 position in $YY ($500 profit) since they're about to post earnings and it could go up or down. My guess is down to about $115. Still holding $WB and $BABA. Added to $ABBV - good chart - held up well.
- debeers: @issues $BA $CAT $YY $WB $BABA $ABBV --So selling Boeing and Caterpillar? How did that work out for you? Cramer was waiting for the pullback he got to pull the trigger--nuthin more, nuthin less.
- grcjr: $BABA off today, Down about $5 at this point. Couple news items $BABA looking to buy food delivery app. Beijing Hualian department store says not signed agreement with $BABA regarding stakes in Rajax. $BABA launches Cloud and AI in Europe
- DrScience: @grcjr $BABA Wide range, IV Rank at 63. Great setup for selling Iron Condors, wouldn't you agree. :-)
- grcjr: @DrScience $BABA - opportunity knocks. For a couple reasons, I'm mostly watching today, waiting for the Fed Dance to end and the exuberance to fade. Might take most of the day (perhaps week) for the commentary to subside. I did notice that our OMM BeCS did suddenly become much better.
- optionswealth: $BABA Has moved above its wedge formation. Next target 200. ~30% above the 200d sma is $214.
- optionswealth: $BABA Today's price move up totally rejected.
- DrScience: $BABA As @optionswealth noted this morning, the stock sold off on rumors of agreeing to buy out $BIDU's food delivery service. Stock has clawed its way back to Friday's close, on lower than average volume. No edge RHRN, as CMF and MACD momentum are moving in opposite directions. Random thought: Wonder if they'd deliver to my address?
- optionswealth: $BABA is down both yesterday and today. Global management company reduced their holdings so now others are too.
17. $BABA – choppy sideways trend. Channel stock...but still has an uptrend.
18. $STRL – Two members mentioned that this is still showing on GSL. Took this off on ¼ video. Not working.
19. $ADBE – very strong uptrend. St ...
- dcphinney: $BABA looking constructive if it holds up on the day.
- DAN: #IBD50 List (as of 2/12/18): $ABMD $ADBE $AMTD $ANET $ASML $BABA $BOFI $BR $CADE $CAMP $CASA $CMA $CPRT $DQ $EW $FIVE $FND $GRUB $HQY $HTHT $IBKR $IPGP $ISRG $LOGM $LPLA $MA $MDXG $MSCI $MTOR $NFLX $NOW $NVDA $PANW $PETS $PRAH $RHT $SFM $SGH $SING $SIVB $SKX $SNV $SPGI $STMP $TEAM $TRU $TSS $VNOM $WAL $WB $WING
- ginice: @Geewhiz $FDX $BLD $CAR $MTOR $BABA $AAPL Yes, but I keep them at probable support/resistance. Ha!, I don't expect them to do miracles.... just reasonable levels for longer term runs.... it takes quite a move to spark them. But as an emergency rule they work ok. trade safe.
- ginice: @ROSEY $FDX $BLD $CAR $MTOR $BABA $AAPL Yes'm I am doing well now, I feel good about my stock levels too... I hope everyone uses some kind of emergency stops.... Most traders don't have back up partners to fix these drops.... lol
- ginice: Stopped out. ha! I had emergency surgery Tuesday on an incisional hernia repair. It is over an open repair abdominal aortic aneurysm from last year this happened this past Tuesday. This is one reason to have stops set. You never know when an illness is going to hit…. I was out of commission until Friday morning and my stops pulled me out of partial positions so I now have ½ cash after buying a few starter positions. Stops are so important on your positions…. If you’re not around. I use trade triggers (conditional orders)….. on all my trades short and long term. $FDX $BLD $CAR $MTOR – SOLD On Fridays cat tails - BTO $FDX $BLD $CAR $MTOR $BABA $AAPL add on’s or starter positions. Something to think about…. Trade safe.
- Geewhiz: @ginice $FDX $BLD $CAR $MTOR $BABA $AAPL Feel better. Love your rules. I have similar ones in my head but never seem to do it. Expensive. Thanks for the reminder. Hope we all take note. No safety net equals KABOOM! Have a great weekend.
- ROSEY: @ginice $FDX $BLD $CAR $MTOR $BABA $AAPL I have experienced the value of STOP LOSS also, so THANKS for posting. Hope all is working well with the surgery.
- spmeyers: $BABA, watching the 165 level for a starter position
- ab3250: $BABA - Read this was the most heavily shorted stock because it is a proxy for shorting China.
- DrScience: $BABA Entertainment, fact, opinion, or news? Probably a little of each... https://deep-throat-ipo.blogspot.com/2018/02/alibabas-123117-quarterly-investor-call.html
- ginice: @ginice $MTOR - My trailing stop got hit @ 29.03 on a partial position. Taking profits and moving other stops up above position cost. $BABA - Ha! Stop hit this morning at 191.01, taking profits and my bird in hand. trade safe
- bRobert: $BABA Throwback to test breakout $190 area. Bought back short calls. Looking to add to Leap calls
- ginice: @bRobert $BABA - I have a partial stop at 191.01, ha! So close to getting hit. That won't happen again this week.... Thanks for the idea...
- DrScience: $BABA @ginice.. You OK? I'm seeing a Tombstone doji.
- ginice: @DrScience $BABA - Ha! It was jabbing 191.01 all day intra day. It finally hit it, after hours, but of course no sale for me. If I was watching I would have went ahead and closed it. Price is sitting right on the 20dma, with that wicked Tombstone doji .... lol ... won't be the first one to get me. lol
- bRobert: @ginice $BABA WEEKLY chart very bullish. This will look cheap in the rear view mirror next year. Long leap calls.
- issues: @ginice $BABA who is that beautiful little girl?
- ginice: @bRobert $BABA - I'm not giving up on $BABA just giving in. ha! I can still get a 6% profit on stock, rhrn I will get back in soon, I think. That 191.01 may hold for me, lol Or I'll wait to see what it's doing when it gets closer to the 50 day sma. I promise not to let it go too long to get back in. Thanks.
- ginice: @issues $BABA Ha! Granddaughter, three years old and already knew how to pick her nose.! I was hoping she would become a stock picker, too............ lol
- rob27: any thoughts on $BABA into earnings? thks
- bRobert: @rob27 $BABA All earnings relative crap shoots. I have zero issue holding long term with profit taking along the way. Long leap calls
- Iceman: $BABA #ShortPuts #Earnings – Sold BABA Feb 2 2018 185.0 Puts @ 0.52 with the stock at 203.91 Added: $BABA #ShortPuts – Sold BABA Feb 2 2018 182.50 Puts @ 0.38
- bRobert: $BABA Weekly breakout from squeeze .Throwback. Long leap calls /spreads.
Thursday: Amazon ($AMZN), Google ($GOOGL), Alibaba Group ($BABA), Master Card ($MA) and Apple ($AAPL) on Thursday.
1. $XHB – This is rolling over BIG TIME. Are you hoping or trading? Are you managing risk?
2. $LGIH – March earnings. J ...
- champ: @Toddmcartor $BABA @ $205 ---- #MarketProfits ---- Great Work...up $21 for the week...Great profits, for those who hold...#size in targeted positions....most just don't realize, how large the profits are and how high they can be, in this strong market, they are extremely large. You can really make a life-time of profits, in a very short period time. But mostly for those who pay attention, to what is going on, around them. I have posted, that I have never made profits like this before and I'm still 100% invested but I have been rotating out of a few positions and into others, daily/weekly... but I'm holding many long term positions, with size since November, 2016.
- Robert1965: @optionswealth $AEM $BABA Nice call on $BABA
- optionswealth: @Robert1965 $AEM $BABA Your welcome. I read your posts all the time and I know I have lots to thank you for too so thank you, also.
- bRobert: $BABA WEEKLY squeeze breakouts are potent. Add on pullbacks/bounce. Earnings 2/1 Holding stock. This deserves the sometimes dubious SMM growth stock portfolio moniker
- CHOFF: @CHOFF $BABA @traderbren - your options are looking good today.
- bRobert: @optionswealth $BABA Are you surprised? It has gone up 100%/yr for the last several years. It is coming out of a WEEKLY squeeze. The smart money has been piling in. $220 is dopey conservative. It will be raised. Thsi company has many lever to pull. Unlike AMZN, they make money. Valuation is cheap. But if goes down $4 tomorrow, many here will panic and dump it w
- traderbren: @CHOFF $BABA - very nice, thanks! Tightening up stop as I want to make sure I protect the dough.
- bRobert: @optionswealth $BABA Trade any way that makes you money and keeps you in your comfort zone. I ignore the upgrades and I love the downgrades/opportunity they can create eg BIDU recently I did add short term calls on BABA based on the WEEKLY squeeze breakout to goose my LEAPS
- optionswealth: @bRobert $BABA Stephen Weiss on Half-Time Report CNBC says he bought some $BABA this morning.
- shoredriver: @bRobert $BABA I would really like to know his 2/5/10 year record.....I will say he is not as nozzelish as Josh Brown or Dan Nathan....
- bRobert: @optionswealth $BABA Wouldn't you rather listen to some nice music than watch what has happened already? Where was he 30 points ago? That's where the recommendation should have been. In a week there will be a sell rating do to valuation.
- optionswealth: @bRobert $BABA I'm going to be one of those to get out of this for the weekend even. I had so much in gains that I couldn't imagine letting this ride. That's how I lost all my gains in FB, which is still with me on the surface, not a distant memory. My account is again at an all time high in real gains and a small portion in unrealized gains. That even with having to use $500 of it. I am so working on this as not only for retirement, but eventually to replace my earnings. I've been afraid to say that. When the market gets choppy, gains are much harder. But if the chop can remain within parameters and I can switch my mindset, spreads can be lucrative.
2. $BABA - bRobert and several members focused on this stock.
3. $OLED - bounced off S2 pivot. I think there's a lot of supply overhead…but if you've been waiting to buy it, this is your chance. Stop would be below $157.90
4. $RCL - bRobert ...
- traderbren: $BABA - getting closer to taking out prior high. Long calls.
- CHOFF: @traderbren $BABA - what call strike and date? I've struggled to find a well levered risk/reward in this one. It's going to break $200 shortly is my expectation.
- traderbren: @CHOFF $BABA - i sold my Feb 195 calls yesterday as I didn't want to give up the gain I had on the pull back. Based on this mornings bid, I decided to take a stab at the Feb 195's which are up on the day. Looking for that continued move higher, but keeping my stop in place if we get a turn. Given that this is the 3rd day up, I normally wouldn't have re-entered the trade, but given the tape, I think it will work. As for your question, it's a tough call - risk/reward - but it depends on your time frame, if it pulls back.
- traderbren: $BABA - here we go!
- optionswealth: $AEM Bought 2 $AEM Mar 45 calls this morning at net 4.71 and earnings 2/14. Broke out of a trading range yesterday. MACD position is ok. 52 week high was ~52.. Purchased 1 $BABA Mar 200 call @ 9.02 net. Earnings 2/01. MACD still in a good position. This was stronger during the moves in the indexes yesterday even though it shook me out. Up on the day on both positions.
- CHOFF: @traderbren $BABA - so you are shooting for a rise to $203 or $204 minimum within a couple weeks. Hope it works out for you.
- bRobert: $BABA The WEEKLY is your guide. Long leap calls
- traderbren: $BABA - getting closer to taking out prior high.
- bRobert: @traderbren $BABA Maybe it will spark interest. I prefer buying on sale when nobody cares
- traderbren: @bRobert $BABA - agreed, but there is buying pressure here to push through prior high. Whether it holds or not, we'll see.
- optionswealth: @traderbren $BABA I think it will be pulled toward 200, but not take out that high today. It has had a big move. Maybe a little pullback in the morning then push toward and through that previous high. That would give it a little more energy. Earnings is either 1/31 or 2/1. That helps.
- bRobert: @traderbren $BABA My time frame is 2019 Leap calls. WEEKLY chart.
- Danzguy: $BABA 1MM shares bought @ 191.23. Institution.
- optionswealth: @Danzguy $BABA If you have access to that, what about NFLX today.
- Danzguy: @optionswealth $BABA Sorry, I don't have that available at this time. :(
- optionswealth: @ROSEY $DJI $BABA $FB $CBOE #MarketDirection #BudgetWars Thank you, Rosey. Feeling better today.
- optionswealth: @champ $DJI #MarketDirection #BudgetWars Well, Iightened up on my position in $BABA today because it just wasn't acting well going into this weekend. Probably on another day I wouldn't have done that, but I also found out my 94 year old mother has squamous cell cancer that will need radiation. She's in a lot of pain and I'm not sure she will allow it. My strength was gone. It's amazing how emotions affect our trading decisions. I left my other positions the same. I have $BABA as a call, $FB as calls, and $CBOE as calls. $CBOE is outdoing all of them. It's been a good year so far. I'm happy it was strong into the close. I was already done for the day.
- ROSEY: @optionswealth $DJI $BABA $FB $CBOE #MarketDirection #BudgetWars So sorry to hear about your Mom. Prayers. Stay strong.
- optionswealth: @issues $BABA I started a position with calls today.
- ginice: @issues $BABA You're welcome. Trade safe.
- ginice: $BABA - nice candle..... 20day and 50day sma crossing..... adding to my long term position
- issues: @ginice $BABA glad you mentioned it. I am also adding 1/2 position. Thanks so much!
- issues: @mgoodw $BC $PII $W $SQ $TIF Looks like a sell off from a top. I got the following stops hit so are: $ANET $BABA $LGIH $NTNX
- mgoodw: @issues $BC $PII $W $SQ $TIF $ANET $BABA $LGIH $NTNX looks like a lot of things are selling off, not just all of these. I'm sure the threat of the government closing isn't helping either.
- rob27: @bRobert $baba thk u your insights are always welcomed
- dcphinney: @bRobert $baba $BABA did the same thing last year. Poised to add and again over triple top.
- rob27: any thoughts on $baba trying to figure out why its not participating in this rally and if might be a goodtime to dip my toe
- bRobert: @rob27 $baba It just ran up 30 points to a new high and range resistance. Took a rest. Flagging. Weekly looks lovely. Wait for the flag to trigger >192.0 with $205 target. Or look at it if it pulls back closer to support/50d
- bRobert: $BABA $BIDU $FB Added to all on sale. Long leap calls.
- bRobert: $BABA flag. Another obvious stock. Great long term employee. Not a trading stock. 100% annual return last few years. Great stocking stuffer.
- bRobert: $BABA nh. Maybe it will draw some interest at $200. If could only own a small handful of stocks, this would make the cut.
- bRobert: $BIDU $YY $BABA $JD Looking for phase 3 moves BIDU YY BABA . Jd target $50
|Stock Price||$USD 200.70|
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd is an online & mobile commerce company. Through its subsidiaries, it provides retail and wholesale marketplaces available through both personal computer and mobile interfaces.Request Video of BABA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 2nd, 2018 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 5.84 71.74%
- $USD 9.07 43.51%
- $USD 43.60 39.58%
- $USD 16.56 -23.94%
- $USD 27.53 -20.52%
- $USD 23.60 -18.23%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!