The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA)
Old Forum Content for BAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- barbjim12: @debeers $BA $BOOT $CE $DK $EL $HAE $MU $SIVB $STLD $VLO You da man!
- marrit: @debeers $BA $BOOT $CE $DK $EL $HAE $MU $SIVB $STLD $VLO Good morning, Boot Halted
- DavidM: @marrit $BA $BOOT $CE $DK $EL $HAE $MU $SIVB $STLD $VLO I just opened a $BOOT starter-after you posted this.
- debeers: $BA-China denies offering 200B in trade concessions. Boeing over 345 says otherwise
- BobbyG: @debeers $BA This is starting to fly.
- woodman: @BobbyG $BA "starting to fly" hehehehe. I added to mine on the move out of the slop. @debeers
- debeers: $BA-And another thing---less than 2 hours in, 50% of the average daily volume already traded. All I am asking is that 345 not be breached and, unless anyone does something stupid at the talks, it won't. The US will want concessions on aircraft and sorghum and steel and will happily give on AI in exchange for steel and calming down North Korea. Apple doesn't want a trade war either and can still stay ahead of the Chinese in innovation as they are copiers and not inventors( neither does anyone else). We can only deal with 1 explosion at a time and for this week its in Hawaii and its in China's own interest as it moves to a consumer economy to shut down steel for awhile, squash the North Korean wackjob in return for the United States access. They just made an ginormous dollar purchase.IMHO that's the way I see it.
- debeers: $BA-The World Trade Organization issued a final ruling in favor of The Boeing Co. in the long-running dispute with rival Airbus SA concerning European Union subsidies for the A350 and A380 commercial jet programs. According to the decision by the WTO Appellate Body, the EU has failed to honor multiple previous rulings and illegally subsidized Airbus with more than $22 billion over more than a decade. WTO ruled the EU must end the subsidies and address the damage resulting since 2006, when the suit was initiated by Boeing. Gee, it only took 12 years. What a surprise.............
- debeers: $VLO/$BOOT/$CE/$STLD/$HAE/-Winners all. Semis down so adding to $MU $CE & $VLO will do the best over the summer but $CE has been in the book for a long time. $BA-even if Boeing settles with the EU for 1/2 of its grievance that's still 10B.
- grcjr: @debeers $BA Market cap $200B 5% feels like a big add even if only one time.
- debeers: REPORT CARD:I have no idea how your folks treated you. My folks wanted A's........ Math is a mystery but I can do commissions in my head ... go figure... Everything else mainly A's. Grade yourself every day. Be merciless. I am. $BA+3.17 $BOOT-down 2 cents because he had to go pee.2ndary coming. $CE 2.79 $DK 2.15 $$EL . 20 $HAE .53 $MU-My only loser--just mooserable -1.80 $SIVB 1.27 (to which I can only say hey Jamie and Lloyd how you doin'?) $STLD .44 $VLO 4.72
- debeers: $BA-Russia just bought 30 737-Max's while Tehran is trying to figure out if it should order Airbus before the window closes.......Who really benefits if Iran is taken out? Russia because Russia has nothing else to sell. $NVDA-Crypto involvement skeered the investors--not the gaming or AI piece. NP--While the stock dropped, it should recover today because there were multiple raised estimates.... $LRCX/$MU are be the chips you want to dip into. Chip n' Dip. $SIVB-Silicon Valley darling.I absolutely don't think you should dip your toe in now. I think you should wait until its 400..........(Just kidding).
- optionswealth: @debeers $BA $NVDA $LRCX $MU $SIVB $MU is a battleground this morning 5 minutes in. Waiting for the buying to win out. (-:
$BA-Boeing is outperforming General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman despite being hurt by the U.S. leaving the Iran nuclear deal, which is said to have cost the aerospace giant orders of $20 billion for passenger jets from the rouge n ...
- debeers: $BA-Goes X Dividend today FYI.
- bsafriet: @debeers $BA Txs debeers. Best wishes.
- JLF: @debeers $BA Thanks, went from about a 4.5% loss to collecting a nice dividend and with 342.50 calls that gave some good premiums. Appreciated your help. Joe
- woodman: $BA close to moving out of the sludge.
- bwcarnation1: $BA added on price above recent hi of 347.67
- sierramp: @bwcarnation1 $BA I did the same.
- debeers: @woodman $BA -Just needs to close above 345. .
- debeers: @bsafriet $BA -and also to you!
- debeers: @JLF $BA =Apology for not saying you're welcome. You are welcome!
debeers: $BA-BUZZ-Bernstein sees "minimal impact" on Boeing, Airbus as U.S. exits Iran deal
3:36 AM ET, 05/09/2018 - Reuters
** Bernstein says U.S. pulling out of Iran deal will only have minimal impact on aircraft makers Boeing and Airbus and neith ...
- bwcarnation1: $BA Bob Lang chartist featured by Cramer last night offered price targets on $BA 345 then back to old highs $CAT above 152 then into 160s $UTX 126 then higher
- champ: @Hank1 $SPY--- I agree and it sure does....looks a little better, for now. However, many would like us to think the Sky is falling. As I always say...just take it slow and easy....and pay attention to how everything is working. (ETF's $BA $AAPL ) Good Luck!
- BocaRick: $BA under Iran sanctions no airplane sales to IRAN from BA. BA down 2 or 3 points, no big move
- sierramp: @BocaRick $BA According to CNBC article published an hour ago $BA did not include the Iranian orders in it's backlog so the backlog numbers are unchanged at more than 5,800 a/c including more than 4,600 737s.
- debeers: @BocaRick $BA -sierramp is right. I wish he were wrong because that would mean I could get my Dreamliner sooner.....................
- debeers: $BA-In case you want to rely on fact instead of opinion--Dennis Muhlenberg has said that Boeing has no plans to deliver any planes to Iran this year. He said this before the decision and thus there is no change in Boeing's opinion whatsoever.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $ESPR STO 5/11/18 35.0 PUTS @1.25 $BA STC 5/11/18 300 PUT @.15. $BA BTC 5/11/18 310 PUT @.36 c\Collected 90% of the premium
- debeers: $AMZN/$DXCM/$RACE/$BA/$SIVB/$DK-Watch Delek tonight. I think that with the refiners popping this is not only a good bet to outperform but a prime tuck in for a Marathon or Valero. $SIVB as Silicon Valley and entrepreneurship and venture cap goes, so ...
- champ: @debeers $AMZN $DXCM $RACE $BA $SIVB $DK $HD ----- I'm risking a swing position of 1/5th size into earnings, after the close. Took long term profits on my main position a few days ago...but I would like to rebuild, if possible...on this #Refiner... $DK.
- debeers: @champ $AMZN $DXCM $RACE $BA $SIVB $DK $HD #Refiner --thanks for your take.
- debeers: $BA-The largest airline and fastest growing airline in Africa is now Ethiopian airways. it has plans to order 13 additional Boeing and 6 additional Airbus planes because its growth is exponential in the continent.
- sierramp: @debeers $BA A friend in the business says there is a 72 week delay getting titanium rod for fasteners which cannot be made from billet and that shortage for billet is also coming. I haven't been able to confirm this though.
- debeers: $BA- New order just crossed the wires for 16 planes from lufthansa worth 2.1 bln euros or 2.5B US.
- champ: $DJI @ 24,400...looks like it could hold around this level again but its is to early to know....this 24,350....level could be a add level, if it drops down that low but $AAPL is moving back up a little...it doesn't take much and $BA is also hanging in....no real reason to bail-out... at this point. Now we will see..... how many add-back $AAPL...with a stop at the low entry. Oil is also hanging in ...@ $70.60 up $0.89
- debeers: @champ $DJI $AAPL $BA - Re: oil. Not surprising since Emirates posted their desired target earlier of 80 and will restrict supply to get there. Highest level in 3 1/2 years passing 70 bucks. I get a kick out of the outrage outside Cali when oil gets to 3. We are a few cents short of 4 a gallon in northern Cali.
- champ: @debeers $DJI $AAPL $BA ----- That sure helps but they have been saying that for awhile now...it is all about their new IPO, that they want to bring to market but they keep pushing the date back, because of Oil, like you said they want Oil higher. The Oil news this morning was about IRAN...the Saudi's would have to cut back productions and they won't do that...because that would help IRAN and they are their enemy, however...they are pushing for more OPEC productions cuts and Russia said last month..that they agree.
- shoredriver: @debeers What $BA is to you $ISRG is to me
- success: $BA . . bought full position at 330.88 . . . have now sold the 332.50 calls . .for $1.50 . . if called away will make ~1% for a short term day trade . . guess that falls into @DAN parameters
- GOOSE: A TRADE: A BuPS $BA BTO 5/18/18 310.0 PUT @1.37 Delta .12 $BA STO 5/18/18 320.0 PUT @2.66 Delta .21
- debeers: $BA-Qatar Airlines has replaced all formerly Airbus planes with new Dreamliner fleet. And, amid the 3 production lines churning out planes you have heard of there's another production line, a 4th, slowly assembling the P-8 which is Boeing's submarine hunter equipped with sonar and missle systems and commissioned exclusively for the US Navy.
- shoredriver: @debeers@DAN $DXCM $RACE $BA $EL $ABMD And not a one on the SMM GSL.....for shame......
- debeers: $BA vs./ $HII- Not necessary to say anything more than this: $BA is a slab of perfectly grilled rib eye and $HII is hamburger helper.
debeers: @DAN-@Gwenzee-$DXCM/SIVB/$RACE/$BA/$EL sometimes the garden hose is not held by the unshaven slob in fuzzy slippers with a cigarette unattractively hanging from his lower lip because he has chosen to be lazy and own the S&P.
Sometimes its held b ...
- JLF: @debeers $BA $HII Feeling better about my slabs of grilled rib eye. Appreciate your help the other day. Joe
- champ: $SPY ---- $BA ... Someone in #China... must have leaked some positive news, about how the trade negotiations are going ...these Chinese investors don't play by the same rules... as we do.
- debeers: @JLF $BA $HII -You are very welcome, Joe
- debeers: @champ $SPY $BA #China ---ya think? Here's what i think: the Chinese bring the North Koreans to their knees and the world gets to feed and clothe them. Ditto the Chinese with planes (not the military ones).As for intellectual property--well. I'll be glad to bat 80 per cent in curing the world's angst.
- traderbren: @champ $SPY $BA #China - agreed, i was thinking the same thing - re: news regarding trade negotiations -- as nothing has hit the wires, but no denying the turn.
- DAN: @debeers $DXCM $RACE $BA $EL $ABMD Much better visual of Gwenzee than the guy with the cig hanging from his mounth watering the garden. ;-)
- gwenzee: @DAN $DXCM $RACE $BA $EL $ABMD Just for the record my "custom" car is a red 2004 Mustang convertible with 29,000 miles on it. My late husband, Richard, gave it to me on my 66th birthday. Never going to sell it.
- petros06: @debeers $BA $HII waiting for $BAs 20 day ma to cross 50 day ma
- debeers: @DAN $DXCM $RACE $BA $EL $ABMD --- Read it again, DAN.
- debeers: $BA-show me in Missouri Fighter jet work in Missouri part of Pentagon's $700B budget 1:28 AM ET, 05/02/2018 - Associated Press ST. LOUIS (AP) — An old F/A-18 Super Hornet is being refurbished at a hangar at Boeing's headquarters, marking the first of several fighter jets being sent to the St. Louis facility as the Pentagon spends the biggest budget in its history. Boeing executives and U.S. Navy members will celebrate with an induction ceremony Thursday. The first-arrived Super Hornet had been flown by the Navy'sGladiators Strike Fighter Squadron in Virginia Beach since 2004. It's among four planes that will undergo upgrades this year at a cost of $73 million to keep them in the fleet for another dozen years. Boeing has a contract to deliver 134 new F/A-18 Super Hornets over the next few years. Each costs more than $70 million. .
- debeers: $BA-Southwest Airline plane on the way to Newark was landed midway in its flight with no injuries when a crack was spotted in a windowpane. I am losing confidence not in Boeing but Southwest because they fall behind in maintaining 17 and 18 year old planes. Note to self: no sitting by the window especially in Southwest flights.
- DAN: @debeers $BA "Please stay in your seats and keep your seat belts fastened...tightly!!"
- Aragorn: @DAN $BA BAck to VWAP
- ab3250: $BA - Does this look like a bearish wedge?
- greenpatrol: @ab3250 $BA Looks like 100 dma is support.
- debeers: OT-76er fans take heart: they should still win in 6. I an not at all sure how the young 'uns will travel. But for today............Yay! $TPR-down. No position in this one $BA- stole Klix. I expect little relief for Boeing while the China situation tears at the industrials. $SHOP-Not what holders expected. No position. Fed hikes- Will 3 be enough? Probably because there is waaay more danger of recession in overshooting than being 1 shy. IMHO. Regarding gold- just because something is at the bottom of the channel doesn't mean that the channel cannot be adjusted downward. Remember gold is a measure of expected inflation and recession fears so 4 hikes should take gold up, an indication of 3--no rise. $MRK/$PFE-Merck should be slightly higher and Pfizer should get smacked so we'll see.
- tigerjohn8: $BA $RTN @Dan wondering if your comments last night about $RTN and aerospace/defense applies to $BA . It's just basing I guess although not making me any money.
- DAN: @tigerjohn8 $BA $RTN Hi tigerjohn8. I wouldn't own BA here. I don't think it's basing. I think it's topping out. I could be wrong...but the stock is up about $200 since 2016. That's not something I want to own.
- tigerjohn8: @DAN $BA $RTN Thanks Dan! Fortunately I can exit with a very small loss. So MORE CASH, MORE PEACE of MIND!! :))
- wineinquirer: $OFIX, $BA, $KLXI There are mine fields and pot holes everywhere folks. The current trading/investment environment gives me this queasy, unsettled feeling that is etched in my mind (and stomach) when markets really do turn against you, as a whole. ...
- woodman: @tigerjohn8 $BA $RTN - I sold my $BA yesterday. Looks like a rollover to me.
- woodman: @debeers $TPR $BA $SHOP $MRK $PFE - Ha - a friend of mine made a Sixers in 6 prediction as well. I'm keeping the faith.
- debeers: @woodman $TPR $BA $SHOP $MRK $PFE -Again, I think the sixers in 6. No money bet, of course. The ONLY thing that has me optimistic about Boston is their ability to switch out players at will which is reminiscent of the Bill vs Wilt days where they were both so great. Ainge has been a master and hard to knock their ability to get 3's...............
- CoyoteDuster: @woodman $BA $RTN I was hoping to hold $BA for a while, but my tight stop triggered today for a small profit. On to the next opportunity.
- BobbyG: $NOC Getting mauled. Looks like the $BA $KLXI merger is having an impact.
- JLF: @debeers $BA Question: Sold some, raised my cost base, now at 4.5% loss. Was looking at long term hold when purchased, 200 shares holding. I was planning on holding and selling CC when price moved up. Do you have a better suggestion? Thank you
- spmeyers: @wineinquirer $OFIX $BA $KLXI amen brother
- debeers: @JLF $BA -as long as tariff threat is out there, this is a toughie to hold. While there are many companies who make electronic products, there are really only two plane makers of size and Airbus has already said its having trouble placing orders. I am not selling the stock because there is a screaming need for what they do. I said that only 40% of the world had never flown but only 20 per cent of the world has ever been on a plane which is what Muhlenberg said and, as the CEO of Boeing, he oughta know.. its the only aerospace co which can perform whether there is war or peace.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $BA STO 5/11/18 300.0 PUTS @1.33 $BA STO 5/11/18 310.0 PUTS @2.65 Thanks to @Ramie for the idea, but my parameters. $STX STO STOCK @52.80 Thanks to @Forexpro for mentioning this in his post this morning. $STX STO 5/4/18 54.5 CALLS @.53
- JLF: @debeers $BA Thank you for your quick response. I do appreciate all your advise, my decision is 1) not to sell on big down days 2) monitor it without heart failure 3) plan on sticking with original plan and sell CC unless monitoring indicates otherwise. Thanks again
debeers: $AMZN/$BA-Amazon just announced it has expanded its credit facility by 4B dollars. More plane purchases appear in the offing:
The moves by Amazon to massively boost its credit facilities and launch a commercial paper program — which are securit ...
- grcjr: @debeers $BA - Stock is down before the open. I've not seen anything negative but the market must have. I'll watch briefing and then decide whether to trim some, taking profits. Thanks for your coverage.
- debeers: $BA-So Boeing beat and raised. Airbus flat out missed and the excuse was that they couldn't get engines. Gee, i wonder why. Today $BA got another order from Southwest for 4.6B which represents 40 planes.And they are cranking up the number of planes they are flying. The best analyst in the business is Spingarn from Credit Suisse but i am going to give you all of the new price targets from all of the ones so far: BA Merrill 470, CFRA is 405, B of A Merrill is 470. Can 470 happen? Yes IF they get the tanker right but Spingarn's 455 is a lock. IF we don't have an all out trade war we go over that if the construction of the China site gets done, no pun intended, sky's the limit.
- debeers: @grcjr $BA -Separate the stock from the index.
- grcjr: @debeers $BA - yes the index is part of the issue. Does not change the fact that my options lost about half the gains at the open.
- debeers: @grcjr $BA -Do you have to cash them within the first five minutes??
debeers: $BA from the San Antonio business Journal-- 4 hours ago- just caught it:
Reporter, San Antonio Business Journal
Boeing Co.'s operations on the city's Southwest Side are expected to grow significantly with the potential to double its local workforce ...
- bsafriet: @debeers $BA What’s your take on the planned assembly plant in China? Do you think it will insulate $BA share price from punitive Chinese tariffs? My biggest reason I haven’t added to position.
- debeers: @bsafriet $BA -I think that the China construction would be the cherry on the hot fudge sundae that already is showing you 2 scoops of French Vanilla ice Cream and homemade whipping cream with slivered almonds which is my way of saying not only don't i know but no one else does either. All the estimates of the analysts did not include it. I think the tariffs will certainly NOT expand because the R's need the midwest. I see no slowdown in any orders either but really, its the avionics that's the real kaching!Kaching!factor here. Something that has to be done almost continually on a large fleet.I feel very confident in the Spingarn number because over time, he's the best.
- DavidM: @debeers $BA So if Airbus cannot get enough engines, why is $RYCEY doing so poorly? I have not dug into this one in over a year and have to get back to the day job right now, I am putting it back on my list to check out whenI have time.
- champ: @DavidM $BA $RYCEY --- Because it is a #engine issue and you know what happened the other day....with that Jet engine....that effects these type of companies. When you see drops like that, their is always a reason....that News dropped the stock...you asked and that is the reason.
- debeers: @DavidM $BA $RYCEY -The majority of Rolls Royce engines are in the defense sector-- combat aircraft, trainer aircraft and helicopter
- bwcarnation1: @numbers $KLXI $BA interested in buying them
- woodman: $BA Boeing near deal to acquire KLX, WSJ reports Boeing (BA) is nearing a deal to acquire KLX (KLXI), and a deal could be announced Monday, Wall Street Journal reports, citing people familiar with the matter. The terms and structure of the deal couldn't be learned, the Journal adds. Shares of KLX are up 7%, or $5.04, to $78.43 in afternoon trading while Boeing is down $1.34 to $341.35. KLX in December initiated a sales process in response to expressions of interest. Reference Link https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2720930
- bsafriet: @debeers $BA Txs for the reply. I value your insight and follow you regularly here. Also, I am not buying a Kor’s handbag either - but the Mrs may be and I just don’t know it yet. Have a great weekend!
- debeers: @geothrills $BA --You make a lot of sense. If the economy goes up, Boeing goes up more and if the economy goes down, with the stranglehold they have on orders, $BA goes down less.
- captron: @debeers $BA #CNBC I believe you have me mixed up with another member. I never said I listened to the conference call nor did I say anything negative about $BA. Have owned them for a long time. Long time fan. The only post I made was to reiterate what O'leary was saying on TV. It's a screaming buy. I did add.
- debeers: $BA-Another day, another contract Boeing awarded a 5-year $427 mln Defense Logistics Agency contract 8:13 AM ET, 04/26/2018 - Briefing.com In an extension of the DLA/Boeing Captains of Industry program and the program's first depot contract supporting the U.S. Navy and Marine Corpshe contract, this contract will provide and manage consumable material for F/A-18 depot maintenance with the option for five additional years.Boeing will provide consumable materials used for structural repair and modification of legacy F/A-18 Hornets.
- CoyoteDuster: today stopped out of $PSEC. Bought $MT @ 3.56. Holding $BA and $AMZN which I intend to keep as longer term holds. (still have stops in place) full position in $OLLI is still working. I realize I have too many active trades going, and need to pare down to a few to stay focused, given the time available. Fast trading is not for me - have to resist the temptation to jump in. I'm into and holding a few #yieldhogs $IVR, $WHF $NLY (with stops)
- debeers: $BA-by the numbers: Free Cash Flow goes from 15 to 27 per cent. Services surprised to the upside. Avionics will be pure profit and the every once in a while an epic fail like Southwest experienced is why Avionics will double by next year (not a debeers forecast, a Boeing forecast)..
- debeers: $BA-Amazing Results. Beat and raised and, as opposed to Caterpillar, guided UP. Rebought yesterday at 330. I am not letting go of it now. Conference call at 7:30 my time. There is a total disconnect between Boeing and the rest of this space.This is ...
- debeers: $BA-@DAN and what is your advice for those of us who want to stay in it? Where do you see the market in 6 months?
- DAN: @debeers $BA That's almost impossible to answer, but I'll try. Over the next few months, I think the market will stabilize -- albeit at lower levels. I don't think we'll be in a recession; nor do I think we'll be in a "bear" market...UNLE ...
|Stock Price||$USD 346.40|
Boeing Co, together with its subsidiaries designs, develops, manufactures, sells, services and supports commercial jetliners, military aircraft, satellites, missile defense, human space flight and launch systems and services.Request Video of BA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 24th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 36.01 16.44%
- $USD 83.55 11.49%
- $USD 59.92 10.11%
- $USD 19.38 -13.27%
- $USD 62.66 -13.27%
- $USD 291.99 -10.27%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 57,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (57,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!